Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 105055585960616265 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1303

Thread: Common TM Fanon and Misconceptions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It’s sex dummy
    man Am i the only one who thinks that the joke there was that the missing ingredient was archer himself? That’s what it always seemed like to me. Maybe just because its kind of a bad pun
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    There are only 5? RM users.
    I've heard sometimes 6, sometimes 8. Do we know where it comes from?

Edit: nevermind found it, it's gabriel blessing
    Quote Originally Posted by Hill of Swords ch.22
    "It's called a Reality Marble," I told her, still not looking at her. "Don't be surprised if you've never heard of it. Even in my homeland, where things beyond your comprehension occur regularly, this is rare. In all of history there have been perhaps six, maybe seven humans, including myself, who have ever achieved this."
    Quote Originally Posted by In Flight ch.17
    Reality Marbles were a forbidden magic, and there was a reason that it was forbidden. It wasn't because of the power that it granted its wielder or the mass amount of effort or training that most magi had to put into accomplishing one. It was forbidden because to truly reshape ones perception of reality, to truly alter the very basis of one's viewpoint of all of creation enough to achieve the feat, well, there was a reason that there have only been six recorded occurrences of a pure human like myself achieving it.

That reason had to do with the number who had died or driven themselves insane trying to achieve what I had come across by what must seem almost an accident.

I think Rin, before she ever knew about my ability, before she ever considered the possibility of me having such a trait, had put it best: I was distorted.
    Where he got it from however is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by All fictions; February 3rd, 2020 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    if people are gonna pull their misconceptions out of fanfics i wish theyd get them from kinofics such as Jinchuriki Fate staynight by L33t Horo

US Friend Code
    I always assumed it was someone mixing up RMs with the 5 True Magics.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    if people are gonna pull their misconceptions out of fanfics i wish theyd get them from kinofics such as Jinchuriki Fate staynight by L33t Horo
    Damn that's an old one
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I have a question - are Divine Constructs the same as divine treasure? Some people say that Gilgamesh cannot use Divine Constructs, and I think that this is true for the most part. He has divine treasures such as Vimana and Vajra, but neither of those are exactly confirmed to be divine constructs - just that they have divine aura and magical energy. A lot of the noted ones are Excalibur, Ea, Rhongomyniad, Pashupata etc.. a lot of them are either A ranked or higher, unlike Vajra which is B+.

Yet in Prillya, Gilgamesh is shown to wield two confirmed Divine Constructs: Ig-Alima, and Sul-sagana. These are both of Sumerian origin, which tells me either A) Prillya has entirely different rules regarding the Gate's rules. B) Gilgamesh prefers his own culture's Divine Constructs over non-Sumerian ones, or C) Gilgamesh can only use Sumerian Divine Constructs - all others including Last Phantasms and such are not possible for him to have. I can't see how he'd even have something like Pashupata in the Gate of Babylon.
    Last edited by AdoEdem; February 10th, 2020 at 07:19 PM.

That seems like an arbitrary (and fanmade) divide between two things, tbh.

Divine Constructs are called 神造兵装 (Shinzou Heisou) in Japanese, meaning "god-forged armament". In other words, it refers to weapons and stuff made by gods. It is further defined as
    Quote Originally Posted by HF, day 15, Truth - Antihero Angra Manyu
    something that's made from people's wishes, but not affected by people's intentions.
    Of course that's vague, and that's why we can't really easily point and specifically say what's a divine construct or not.

As for Prillya, you shouldn't take it into account much when deep lore-diving. Hiroyama himself said that he's just writing what he thinks is fun, and you shouldn't think too much about it. For most stuff he just says that the characters make use of some loophole or exploit in the system because he doesn't even want to explain his lore changes, just write the story the way he wants to.

Other than that, there are a lot of things that we know he doesn't have in there despite him automatically, retroactively having all NPs, because some cases just aren't possible, in which case he gets a "prototype" with a similar effect instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    That seems like an arbitrary (and fanmade) divide between two things, tbh.

Divine Constructs are called 神造兵装 (Shinzou Heisou) in Japanese, meaning "god-forged armament". In other words, it refers to weapons and stuff made by gods. It is further defined as

Of course that's vague, and that's why we can't really easily point and specifically say what's a divine construct or not.

As for Prillya, you shouldn't take it into account much when deep lore-diving. Hiroyama himself said that he's just writing what he thinks is fun, and you shouldn't think too much about it. For most stuff he just says that the characters make use of some loophole or exploit in the system because he doesn't even want to explain his lore changes, just write the story the way he wants to.

Other than that, there are a lot of things that we know he doesn't have in there despite him automatically, retroactively having all NPs, because some cases just aren't possible, in which case he gets a "prototype" with a similar effect instead.
    thx, this makes a lot more sense

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's important to note that there are two distinct categories to Gil's Gate Of Babylon. Treasures he actually owned in life, and those added retroactively to the vault by its nature as the "root of human ingenuity". The way I see it Gil's original vault has a bunch of Divine Constructs in it like Vimana (which is probably why Vimana's description notes it as passed down from Babylon, placing it squarely in the "treasures Gil actually owned" category), but the retroactive one only includes human-made stuff. Divine Constructs aren't included under "human wisdom" so they don't get added to the vault, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have had some to begin with.

It’s a mix of original of legends from being the first hero, and human ingenuity. It goes beyond what he collected in life for both in any case.

so yeah he pretty much functionally has anything.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AdoEdem View Post
    I have a question - are Divine Constructs the same as divine treasure?
    To add more to savepoints, we have a few more definitions for Divine Constructs:

- In Excalibur CE: Armaments forged by gods or beings comparable to gods. This is important because now the term is not limited to only things made by divine spirits, but potentially expand to buddhas, Xians (Chinese TAs).

- In LB5: Things bestowed by gods, refined and crystallization of the "principle" (理) by the planet's inner side (Holmes' explanation). Usually belongs to a high rank divine spirit. This is given as a solution to deal with Mecha Goddess Artemis.

OTOH, Vimana is "the spaceship of god", allows for space travel, and GodArjuna's version is noted to be superior and different compare to Gil's version. Similarly, the Vajra has multiple depictions in Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism as either weapons of one god, many gods or simply a ritual tool. So, these are not exclusive to any gods like certain other divine constructs, allowing different versions of them to float around.

In the case of divine treasure, disregarding how the fans use the term, strictly speaking so far only 1 thing that was called a 神宝 (divine treasure) is Tamamo's mirror, being called a divine treasure among divine treasures. We don't know for sure how exactly the term is being used here or whether it applies to divine constructs.

The way I see it, whenever something is hyped up to be a divine construct, the writer will tell us, just like Artoria's Rhongo and Surtr's Laevetein, or stuffs made by Hephaestus in LB5 to deal with Artemis. So if this one item made by a god is not specifically stated to be a divine construct, you have to put a question mark on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Similarly, the Vajra has multiple depictions in Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism as either weapons of one god, many gods or simply a ritual tool. So, these are not exclusive to any gods like certain other divine constructs, allowing different versions of them to float around. The way I see it, whenever something is hyped up to be a divine construct, the writer will tell us, just like Artoria's Rhongo and Surtr's Laevetein, or stuffs made by Hephaestus in LB5 to deal with Artemis. So if this one item made by a god is not specifically stated to be a divine construct, you have to put a question mark on that.
    Interesting, so if Gilgamesh owns all the world's treasures, does this mean he also owns Rhongo as well (or the prototype), or would that be negated due to it being an exclusive divine construct of Artoria?

JP Friend Code
    Going by the description from CCC, he should own a prototype of it. But having that prototype doesn't mean he can use it as good or aware of its location in his nigh infinite vault, because its contents are already beyond what he can remember.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    A but of fanon spread by the wiki is that Shirou's Circuits can only handle 10 units of magical energy. But that is actually a mistranslation by Mirror Moon of a scene where Rin is throwing out a number as part of an example on Projection.

In reality his Circuits appear to be able to handle 20-30 units of energy each.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    A but of fanon spread by the wiki is that Shirou's Circuits can only handle 10 units of magical energy. But that is actually a mistranslation by Mirror Moon of a scene where Rin is throwing out a number as part of an example on Projection.

In reality his Circuits appear to be able to handle 20-30 units of energy each.
    I'm looking at the scene after Shirou has sex with Rin.
    It's talking about magical energy storage, not the amount of magical energy you can run through your circuits at one time.

So Shirou's storage is 20-30. The amount he can run through each circuit is ???
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It's talking about magical energy storage, not the amount of magical energy you can run through your circuits at one time.

So is magical energy capacity for magi separate from their magic circuits?

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Od storage versus theoretical Circuit output. If he was reliant on od, he could only use 20-30, but if he's using mana, then he can go higher if his Circuits can handle more magical energy. It's like a tank of gas you have connected to some pipes- the pipes are usually empty, so you're not using them as storage. You can push your tank's gas into the pipes, and then the pipes would hold 20-30. You could also push environmental gas into the pipes, but then the limit isn't how much gas is in your tank so much as how much gas the pipes themselves can hold, so it could be that when you're using the pipes like that, you're 'containing' more gas than your tank can hold.

As an example, Rin/Sakura's max Circuit output is 1000, from the HF fight.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Shirou has 20-30 MP

Rin has 500-1000 max MP

so Ciel would be around 50000 MP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Isn't the 10 units thing in Fate, when he compares himself to Saber?

That assuming all the comparison are using the same base unit and arent just there for scale.