Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Create your greate holy grail war team.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.

Create your greate holy grail war team.

So this is a thread to post how you would go about winning a great holy grail war.
    From the servant and master pairs you would choose, to tactics and tricks you would employ.
    Rules:
    be kind.
    Be detailed.
    Be creative.
    Feel to give productive critisicm.

Blog Entries
    Wait, you already made a thread exactly like this some times ago, didn't you, venomking?

No, I made a create a your own holy grail war thread. But this a little different. it was more about coming up with totally new holy grail wars. While this is basically just coming up with your dream servant team, and thinking about how YOU would win it.

So servants first.

For my caster I would choose Medea, her ability to enhance a human to be strong enough, to incompacitate a high level servants like saber is impressive, and would applied to servants would likely be even more so, increasing the range of servants who would be useful, and increases the ways I can use them, combine that with her in edible knoledge of magecraft and place like the temple, and not only do I have a good support, but I also have a decent place of operations. And she can help come up with clever ways to increase my forces. also her noble phanatsm acts as good as a sort of hidden weapon that can be used if i need to sow chaos in the enemy faction.

For or rider I would use Francis drake, for her ability to use guns, as well as her noble phanatsm would can be used to help if numbers of the enemy faction become to overwhelming, when combined with support from caster she just all that more dangeroes, and she could help lead the servants if for so reason I'm unable to do so.

For or my saber I would choose Siegfried for his defensive and offensive powers, and his way of life which would be unlikely to counter teamwork, making him a good vanguard.

For my archer I would choose Emiya, for his projection abilities, and his trace magecraft which can be used to gain the informational advantage since he can learn their identities, skills, and even possibly weaknesses by traceing their weapons, combine with him being jack of all trades, and his stat weakness is fixed with support from caster, allowing to act as vanguard, and support. He's also unbound my the belief of honor, and if push comes to shove he has some knoledge and ability as a tactiction, and his wide range of ways to attack an oppenent only make him an even better choice.

For my assassin I would choose the Hasin I Sabah from the fourth holy grail war, as they can be used to help protect my caster, while infiltrating enemy lines, and helping me further my informational advantage, they can also be enhanced throu caster helping to rid of some their more prominent weaknesses.

For my lancer I would choose cú chúlane since he's powerful enouogh to be useful, and isn't as likely as other lancers to betray and can be dispatched with easily using saber if he tries to interfere with my tactics, thou his abilities are dangeroes for my enemy's to deal, and his skill and speed would make him a great and a good addition to the vanguard.

And lastly my my berserker would be Beowulf, since he not as likely to interfere with teamwork, since he still has almost all of his mental capabilities, and he can as contingency against servants with anti Np abililities, and his skill, and noble phanatsm said are also extremely good. Combined with support from caster he can be my ace up my sleeve.

My my tactics and tricks.
    I would likely use Guerrila warfare tactics, and gain as much information as possible and plan with my caster in order to come up with the best plan of attack, and my team of servants would likely dissuade any attempts of the enemy to carelessly attack me.

And and in terms of mana, likely unknown to any other servants other than caster and archer I would use a similar tactic as yggdelmilinia used, but probably useing mages, and living peaple as well humuncullse to creat a near perfect mana factory, which can be made even better with support from caster.

My masters would also just poor smucks I can throw aside into my happy time mana factory.

Blog Entries
    OP already gives in detail what i'd do to win regardless of pairing

be kind.
    Be detailed.
    Be creative.
    Feel to give productive critisicm.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can we use Servants from CaS or only official Servants?

Go ahead, just if you are don't choose that's like stupidly overpowered, unless it's funny.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber: Rama. Double OP factor due to being both a Saber and an Indian Servant. Vishnu Bhuja gives him a lot of versatility and allows him to operate as a second Archer/Lancer too. His willpower makes him a good tank, too. Also, by summoning him after summoning the team’s Archer, the identity of at least one of the enemy Servants will be known (Sita).

Archer: Tomoe Gozen. Her excellence in any form of battle makes her good at fighting no matter the range. Whether it is by giving back-up from afar with her archery or by fighting in the ranks as another soldier, it’s sure that she’ll wreak havoc over the battlefield. Her oni traits let her act as a second Berserker as well. Plus, the high rank of Independent Action can reduce the mana cost for her Master.

Lancer: Ferdiad. Matching Cú in strength and skill, he could be considered an even cheaper Lancer. His Noble Phantasm makes him sturdier than Cú and compensates the lack of Battle Continuation. Personality-wise, his aniki/senpai character should make him a good companion for Rama and the younger Masters.

Rider: Medusa. Her brute strength and high agility make her a sneaky power-type. By setting up the Blood Fort Andromeda in a designated area and fighting inside it with her Mystic Eyes active, she can obtain a good advantage against an opponent with low mana. Another alternative would be setting up the fort in an area with many people (like a jail) in order to obtain a great amount of mana that can be put to use if she needs to use her Independent Action. Moreover, her Pegasus will cause great Anti-Army damage.

Assassin: Either Hundred-Faces Hassan or Sarutobi Sasuke, the reason being that both Servants count with more than one person. Although used for scouting, their true function is to act as bodyguards for the Masters and make sure that they are never alone, reducing the chances of being attacked by the enemy if their Servant is not with them.

Caster: Geronimo or Charles Babbage. Both cases counter the main disadvantage of the Caster class: having awful physical parameters. Geronimo can team up with Tomoe in melee battles and use his Noble Phantasm as a last resort if the numerical disadvantage is very large. Babbage’s armor gives him excellent parameters and makes him a great menace. At the same time, he can create steampunk weapons for the Masters and Helter Skelters as mobs.

Berserker: Florence Nightingale. She doesn’t only have great parameters, but is also the team’s healer. Although she is still difficult to deal with because of her Mad Enhancement, it’s still easier to talk with her than most fellow Berserkers.

As for the tactics, I would prepare them according to the enemy’s alignment. I’d try to avoid numerically disadvantageous situations. The mana supply shouldn’t be a problem, but just in case I could create shared contracts like Kayneth with Sola-Ui in order to distribute the burden.

Blog Entries
    As a master servant pair, I would use the taiga from fate extra along with arturia

now I know what you are thinking.

you are thinking “hey rape bird, is that because the taiga from fate extra has been canonically demonstrated to maximize servant potential to a ludicrous extent, and with a super charged saber who is not only a strong servant but also excels at defeating the highest tier servants so will never really encounter an opponent she won’t have a good shot at beating with her skills and supercharged form?!”

and be the answer is

no, I’m just hoping something will happen to sabagoge their magical connection and they have sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber - Rama: The reasoning for choosing Rama is much the same as with Padoru's list. The versatility that he can call on is a big selling point.

Archer - Oda Nobunaga: I would assume Nobu would keep his top-tier parameters only when inside Japan, but that's not really a factor when her abilities mostly rely on the enemy's Mystery. As such, Nobu serves as a counter to servants with Divine tricks up their sleeve, as well as providing fire support. Possible flying Riders can also be dealt with easily. And of course, given that (thanks to Rama's presence) Sita will be present on the battlefield, Nobu can probably be used to execute the both of them if Rama decides to get uppity.

Lancer - Romulus: Because ROMA! With high parameters and Imperial Privilege that isn't hampered by migraines or wilful behaviour, Romulus' task in this team is to take up any role that happens to need filling. Despite being a fitting addition to the front line, he would most likely act in a supporting role until such a time that the team starts to suffer losses. In addition to the ability to be a jack of all trades, Romulus can also alter the battlefield with Magna Voluisse Magnum and shield his allies with Moles Necessrie.

Rider - Ushiwakamaru: Not only is she very loyal to her Master, she can also act as a supporting leader and has access to a bag of tricks with Shana-Oh's Wandering Tales. More on her specific usage in tactics.

Caster - Geronimo: Since Geronimo is well-versed in actual combat as well as magic, he's a good all-rounder to have in a team. His Territory Creation is also quite useful, and can be established as a forward operating base. His Noble Phantasm is also an attack and a defense in one move. Would most likely be sent to tag along with Ushiwakamaru.

Assassin - Fuuma Kotarou: As a tricky Assassin whose specialty lies in destabilizing and weakening enemy forces besides being a fairly strong Assassin, Kotarou is a nice addition. As for his NPs, Immortal Chaos Brigade is the really usable one, and can be used both as a strong surprise attack as well as something with which to secure retreat. Would most likely be sent to tag along with Ushiwakamaru.

Berserker - Darius III: A Berserker with high parameters and who is actually obedient. With Golden Rule he can support the team out of battle and he can use Disengage to take himself and his allies out of a fight going the wrong way. His Athanaton Ten Thousand also gives the team some much-needed manpower more or less on demand.

Tactics-wise, the team would move in two groups: Rama, Nobunaga and Darius would operate as the core of the team, being able to either assault an enemy or defend a position at their leisure. The other team would be composed of Ushiwakamaru, Geronimo and Kotarou, whose purpose is to hamper the enemy as much as they can and then retreat to strike again. Romulus would function as a flexible support for either team.
    The biggest problem of the team would be the fact that most members are very headstrong, though only Rama and Geronimo are likely to be held back by their morals. Controlling such a team would most likely be a chore, but at least Ushiwakamaru can be relied on to lead the team according to her Master's wishes, and Nobunaga can probably be convinced to act as a battlefield leader. The team's other problem might be that many of them aren't specialized, so individual members can be done in by a highly specialized enemy.
    The team's advantages lie in the fact that both portions of it operate very well in their niche. The forward operations team moves very fast, can establish a forward base that boosts their abilities and are able to change battlefield conditions to their advantage. The frontliners have Darius' army as their main attraction, boosted by Rama and Nobunaga's Charisma (not to mention Nobu's ability to mow down opposing armies). All of them are also pretty handy in a fight by themselves.
    Supplying magical energy isn't really a problem either, since none of the Servants (besides maybe Rama and Romulus) really eat up huge amounts of it.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    As a master servant pair, I would use the taiga from fate extra along with arturia

now I know what you are thinking.

you are thinking “hey rape bird, is that because the taiga from fate extra has been canonically demonstrated to maximize servant potential to a ludicrous extent, and with a super charged saber who is not only a strong servant but also excels at defeating the highest tier servants so will never really encounter an opponent she won’t have a good shot at beating with her skills and supercharged form?!”

and be the answer is

no, I’m just hoping something will happen to sabagoge their magical connection and they have sex.
    Baka hentai.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    You are thinking “hey rape bird, is that because the taiga from fate extra has been canonically demonstrated to maximize servant potential to a ludicrous extent, [...]
    Really? But isn't Extra!Taiga an NPC?

Also:

Oh, please, you know she'd be cock- I mean, clit-blocked by Rin or Rani.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    NPC stands for "Naturally Peerless Character" in Taiga's case

Blog Entries
    In fate extra, an easy to forget plot point is that the person who summoned ryougi was taiga.

ryougi is explicitly stated to be a fighter who is less then or equal to ciel in raw ability, yet in extra she presents as a furious challenge to someone who spent the last week curb stomping Gawain.

Only explanation, taiga is secretly an Uber master even stronger then leo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    In fate extra, an easy to forget plot point is that the person who summoned ryougi was taiga.
    I didn't know that. Neat!

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Holy crap, venomking made Thread that’s not just good, but is getting insightful attention. Nice going. I may have to participate in this.

Heck, this could actually be made into a contest of sorts, with people submitting teams and strategies, with the judges pairing people up and dropping complications for each side. The winners I guess would be the people who demonstrate the most effective use of the resources available to them. The question would be how to determine what the Masters would be like.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

The Icon of Self-Deprecation Xaodzilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Heck, this could actually be made into a contest of sorts, with people submitting teams and strategies, with the judges pairing people up and dropping complications for each side. The winners I guess would be the people who demonstrate the most effective use of the resources available to them. The question would be how to determine what the Masters would be like.
    I just want to say that I absolutely love this idea. Resource management, planning, and strategizing with a chosen Servant team would be a super fun idea. There could even be some events where you're assigned a randomized team, and you have to make do with the hand you're dealt.
    Last edited by Xaodzilla; November 13th, 2018 at 08:59 PM.

I can set that up, but id need to see some contest formats on this site first.

Location: if I can set the location I'd prefer to fight in Texas, Boston, or Greece as those are areas I'm familiar with, giving me an advantage from the get go.

Servants:

Saber: I would choose meleager, do to his skills and np, since I can have his wood of destiny placed in my base of operations essentially making him unkillable, however this is balanced out by him being not unbeatable, also by timing battles right I can set a scenario were I can have somone attack the servant before he does, then when that servant dies I can give thier noble phanatsm to one of my weaker servants, or stronger masters. Not only that but his skills as a warrior make him a good vanguard. However his rage thing could become an issue, however should that lead to potential betrayed. I can just have caster make a mistake with his wood, involving fire.

archer: I'd go with go cupid, thou not for any strategy reason, but more becuase I like the idea of machine gun that make servants fall madly in love with the ground, or whatever, also her skills and of course her machine gun are very useful tools bot for cussing Chaos for the enemy side, and some perfectly "wholesome" chaos when I'm bored and still have three command seals left.

Lancer: envy since she acts as the perfect anti to powerful noble phantasms, can get stronger in terms of Np as the war progresses, her personality can keep the team together. And um other reasons, that totally won't involve Cupid.

Assassin: lucifer. Mostly for his Devils trick np, since that makes him extra deadly since I can have him fight a servant, learn their styles, and have servants forget they even fought him, or the idea that even exists. Or I can use his possession to allow him to hide among the enemy, with his np acting as a fail safe against discovery, making them forget that they even found him out, allowing me to keep an informational advantage, no a trump card to pull at just the right moment.

Berserker: I'd summon the hydra, just becuase it's really good for base defense, and turning the tide when I'm loosing.

Caster: Midas, mostly becuase his nps can be used to keep good communicatio with my assassin, and those same nps work so well in a defensive game, esspecially his golden touch np.

Rider: would probably be atlas, becuase Atlantis would make a good base.

Masters:

id probably go with bezet since her np gives me a trump card, kirirtsugu to act as my strategist, Shinji just to have an easily disposiible master, me as Cupids master, Ilya to keep kirirtsugu in line, tousaka to have a knowledgable Mage, ryogi to have a psychopath who would have no issues killing a bunch of humunclues for mana. And some random smucks to fill for mana.

The he only master servant pair I'd pick out my self is probably bezet and envy, for Completly reasons unrelated to Cupid.