Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you like/dislike about Fate/Grand Order's story?

The biggest problem is that the scale is too huge.
    I have no idea what they were thinking when they started making up ideas for this game, but there were several ways to make a fate game and that did not involve timetravel, singularties, and the fate of all mankind every single chapter.
    And then for some reason, they choose to write 5 chapters in a row and are just simply awful. seriously, your anime adaptions are just straight up skipping the first 5 chapters of the story because there is nothing of worth in them. That is a problem.
    It's now also been about 2 years ingame, and the protagonist hasn't even bothered to ask for a gun. having the crypters point out how utterly useless he is does not make it okay.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Why would a gun help? Also, I don't actually mind the scale personally.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I do like how GO has expanded on some older, more obscure concepts
    Like which ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    What good is a gun gonna do
    It’s not like MC even has training and most the baddies are just gonna shrug off bullets anyway

And it’s pretty disingenuous to act like not being adapted means there’s absolutely nothing of worth in the early chapters when it was literally a poll of “what’s your favorite chapter” and “what kind of adaptation would you like” and at the end they paired the most popular chapter with the most popular adaptation type and the second most popular chapter with the second most popular adaptation type and called it a business plan.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Didn't Nasu specifically say that he wanted to go big in FGO, as opposed to his other stories, which exist on a much smaller scale?

Anyway. The awful gacha rates with nothing like a pity timer really suck.

And it's how pretty terrible how some characters might as well not exist (Erik, Phantom, Stheno, Tesla... why was Darius even in the ads?). However they lately seem to be giving some important-ish roles to older Servants in the stories (the troupe in Salem; Avicebron, Beo and Billy in Anastasia; Spartacus and Jing Ke now in LB3). Gives me some hope regarding this problem.

Most of the characters we get are well-made, and other than the first few the chapters have solid and entertaining stories and plots.

I feel the gameplay is good enough for a mobile game but then again I'm lazy.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sushiboi View Post
    It's now also been about 2 years ingame, and the protagonist hasn't even bothered to ask for a gun.
    Leaving aside the edgy 14-year-oldness of that, it is depressing that Gudao's lack of magecraft ability means he won't be very dynamic in the upcoming anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Guda already has guns idk what y’all mean

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The real reason Da Vinci made him wear a polo shirt in the middle of Russia.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Leaving aside the edgy 14-year-oldness of that, it is depressing that Gudao's lack of magecraft ability means he won't be very dynamic in the upcoming anime.
    Wasn't he pretty dynamic in Lost Room or whatever it was, with wounds and scars and kicking that one Roman soldier away like a champ

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    He punted a dude off him and did one finger pushups, but it's going to be hard to make buffing look exciting during the numerous Servant battles.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    He punted a dude off him and did one finger pushups, but it's going to be hard to make buffing look exciting during the numerous Servant battles.
    Have him go against the normal mobs with good ol' fisticuffs

Claim that his magical attribute limits him to being a support mage only and make him parkour the environment to get away from random mooks instead of just sitting still/running away or worse, forgetting about him till its time for him to morale boost Mash

Dude can't even do reinforcement or supply servants from far away tho.

Sometimes it's ok to be a pokemon trainer however.

Umm, it is mainly a early singularity thing but I feel like they're too heavy-handed when they're trying to get you to hate a character, and when they're trying to get you to like a character. Just see how Blackbeard and Jason and Orion are treated in Okeanos as a prime example. There's Nero stuff also, but that's already been talked about to death years ago.

Blog Entries
    I mean it’s not like not being able to actually do anything has ever stopped our friend Guda from just charging headfirst into everything and assuming it will all work out “yeah sure I’ll ride this giant stone man into battle to try to punch a mountain in the face what’s the worst that could happen”

US Friend Code
    Give Guda Gandr.

I know it won't do much but I just like the idea. Plus alliteration.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I mean it’s not like not being able to actually do anything has ever stopped our friend Guda from just charging headfirst into everything and assuming it will all work out “yeah sure I’ll ride this giant stone man into battle to try to punch a mountain in the face what’s the worst that could happen”
    Okay but what absolute madman moments does he get in Camelot and Babylon?

And no, channeling MP real hard doesn't count.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    S K Y H I G H P L A N C H A
    Last edited by Magikewl; November 29th, 2018 at 12:44 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh right, he does that.
    canon finish apo vol 3

About the fights. Is there any fight in the game that is memorable or well told/described? I don't think there are. People at least haven't talked about them. I love the fights in the previous Fate things I've read/watched and I love watching fights in general. Not having that sucks a lot out of it for me. You would think that the fights would be at a bigger scale too, but no. There are cool moments though. I also like the reading the Servant profiles, (that goes along with fighting I guess, knowing they're capable of is fun), and reading how their lives are interpreted in the lore vs real life. But with some these new ones, their profiles aren't as descriptive and some skills/abilities are just mentioned, not used in the story, or just don't do anything at all.
    Also it sucks that I can't just read the TL'd version at my own pace, since you have to grind to get content, and pay for more content. FGO script books when?
    I'd love to have script books.
    Even worse is that the English stuff can't even be released all at once, since it has to be treated like part of the game. With an anime, you only have to wait 6 to 9 months depending on the licensor and cours; with FGO, you're waiting years. And Youtube isn't conducive for long-term reading like a real book is.
    I like it and hate at the same time. I've never heard of anything like this ever. Like I'm used to reading and watching weekly or sometimes monthly anime episodes and manga. I never really expected to be this invested or involved with this back in 2015. To me, waiting a really long period of time for just a large part of the whole story is very unusual. There are other things I could talk about, but I'm sure someone else will get to it.
    Last edited by Laserman; November 29th, 2018 at 12:57 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It's like Marvel movies, but shittier.
    canon finish apo vol 3