Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: What do you like/dislike about Fate/Grand Order's story?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    The lettering, A B C EX is a terminology Mages uses, DnD dont use letters so it's not that.
    So Magi do see Stats as letter ranks for the most part?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    What I meant to ask is if magi, raised as they are, conceive of Stats differently than regular people, not whether they can see stats because they are magi.
    They see stats represented by Master vision as the best way for them to understand it, but the overall idea of how the letter power levels work isnt because RPG format, its layered like that for Shirou in one but the understanding of Ranks is universal on how Nasuverse magic works

- - - Updated - - -

So Magi do see Stats as letter ranks for the most part?
    They dont need to see them as letter ranks, but letter ranks is the terminology they use to describe it

- - - Updated - - -

They will describe something as A and another as E since that's the easiest to explain it and format it. Even in Master vision they see a Giant rock and a Small rock. These generalizations allows them to assign terms for it in an understandable way
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    The lettering, A B C EX is a terminology Mages uses, DnD dont use letters so it's not that.
    I meant the fact that Tokiomi sees Servant specs as game-style stats at all, as opposed to rivers or animals or whatever. Not the specific ranks used. Unless you're saying that Magi would all see stats in a different way, but have a shared terminology of A, B, C and so forth? So one Master might see stats as rivers flowing at different speeds, but they (if they were part of the Mage community) would know that a modestly flowing river equals C-rank, and a really fast one equals A-rank? (Just an example, the exact rankings aren't really relevant here). I guess that makes more sense, though it'd still be funny to imagine someone as ultra proper and serious like Toki as a closeted gamer otaku.

I kinda get it.

my argument would be more sound if Japan school system used ABCDF instead of grading out of 100

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I meant the fact that Tokiomi sees Servant specs as game-style stats at all, as opposed to rivers or animals or whatever. Not the specific ranks used. Unless you're saying that Magi would all see stats in a different way, but have a shared terminology of A, B, C and so forth?
    Yes that is what I'm saying, the terminology is universal, for everything. Not just Servant stats for that matter

anywhere than here

I meant the fact that Tokiomi sees Servant specs as game-style stats at all, as opposed to rivers or animals or whatever. Not the specific ranks used. Unless you're saying that Magi would all see stats in a different way, but have a shared terminology of A, B, C and so forth? So one Master might see stats as rivers flowing at different speeds, but they (if they were part of the Mage community) would know that a modestly flowing river equals C-rank, and a really fast one equals A-rank? (Just an example, the exact rankings aren't really relevant here). I guess that makes more sense, though it'd still be funny to imagine someone as ultra proper and serious like Toki as a closeted gamer otaku.
    It also does establish a similar character trait to that of Rin's attempts to play the proper magus while having a not insubstantial soft side in reality. Shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    my argument would be more sound if Japan school system used ABCDF instead of grading out of 100
    They don't use both? Interesting. I grew up in a system with both, at least by middle school. At least, we had number grades and then a sort of A, B, C and then fail. Not sure how formal the letter grades were though.

1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Kinda ninja'ed since Ice already explained exactly what I was asking. I'll still keep my post as I feel it clarifies some things though.

Also I totally forgot about spells having rankings too. Definitely makes sense that's a shared system among Mages then. Actually, that makes me wonder why Shirou saw the rankings as letter grades, given that he wasn't part of Magi society and presumably wouldn't have been familiar with their way of ranking spells and whatnot. Unless Kiritsugu taught him that before dying (which seems unlikely as Kiri didn't really teach Shirou much magic, and ranking seems like a pretty trivial detail to bother to pass on), or it's some kind of baked-in "default" option for the Heaven's Feel ritual in case the Master has no familiarity with Servants and their specs.

idk. since ive started watching subbed anime 10 years ago, i`ve only seen number scores on tests.. the only times i saw letter scores on tests was dubs, so i assume they were edited in the dub...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Kinda ninja'ed since Ice already explained exactly what I was asking. I'll still keep my post as I feel it clarifies some things though.

Also I totally forgot about spells having rankings too. Definitely makes sense that's a shared system among Mages then. Actually, that makes me wonder why Shirou saw the rankings as letter grades, given that he wasn't part of Magi society and presumably wouldn't have been familiar with their way of ranking spells and whatnot. Unless Kiritsugu taught him that before dying (which seems unlikely as Kiri didn't really teach Shirou much magic, and ranking seems like a pretty trivial detail to bother to pass on), or it's some kind of baked-in "default" option for the Heaven's Feel ritual in case the Master has no familiarity with Servants and their specs.
    Presumably because Kiritsugu attempted to teach him stuff within the standards used by everyone else.

Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Nat20 rank.
    Υou did this on purpose, didn't you.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fire_mountain_30's Avatar
    i dislike the fact that the MC isnt a female ginger overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It does mean that, but not literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Literally none of this addresses my complaint. What we see in the story IS all there is of him. A footnote in a side material book saying "oh btw that's totally not his real self" is irrelevant to the way he's presented in the game.

With Grail Mud, I got rid of all my extraneous divinity, two feet of height, and a burning desire to get revenge on the Gods! Try Grail Mud today!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fire_mountain_30's Avatar
    also, i know the meta reason for it, but i wish the A team had at least been mentioned in part 1.

alternatively, actually seeing them and interacting with them in part 1 before the bomb would habe been even better
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It does mean that, but not literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Literally none of this addresses my complaint. What we see in the story IS all there is of him. A footnote in a side material book saying "oh btw that's totally not his real self" is irrelevant to the way he's presented in the game.

With Grail Mud, I got rid of all my extraneous divinity, two feet of height, and a burning desire to get revenge on the Gods! Try Grail Mud today!

Blog Entries
    You mean mentioned individually? Because the A team definitely came up in part one, it was just light on details outside of “Mash was on it and it had 8 members”

US Friend Code
    Yeah it was mentioned in the original prologue Fuyuki

anywhere than here

Actually seeing them as individuals would still have been nice, or really any other of the Master candidates.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    When FGO first started it was pretty much establishing the standard waifu collecting template like the stronghold base of operations, the waifus, and (you). Anyone else acknowledged to be in the vicinity were either harmless or practically didn't exist except to function as a autonomous labour force in the setting so that it wouldn't encroach on your harmony. Once the first plotline wrapped up a lot of things that were sidelined in the beginning could finally be addressed for the next act and I daresay the development of the game to be more story-based had a hand in breaking some of the status quo.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"