Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you like/dislike about Fate/Grand Order's story?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    The lettering, A B C EX is a terminology Mages uses, DnD dont use letters so it's not that.
    So Magi do see Stats as letter ranks for the most part?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    What I meant to ask is if magi, raised as they are, conceive of Stats differently than regular people, not whether they can see stats because they are magi.
    They see stats represented by Master vision as the best way for them to understand it, but the overall idea of how the letter power levels work isnt because RPG format, its layered like that for Shirou in one but the understanding of Ranks is universal on how Nasuverse magic works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So Magi do see Stats as letter ranks for the most part?
    They dont need to see them as letter ranks, but letter ranks is the terminology they use to describe it

- - - Updated - - -

They will describe something as A and another as E since that's the easiest to explain it and format it. Even in Master vision they see a Giant rock and a Small rock. These generalizations allows them to assign terms for it in an understandable way
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    The lettering, A B C EX is a terminology Mages uses, DnD dont use letters so it's not that.
    I meant the fact that Tokiomi sees Servant specs as game-style stats at all, as opposed to rivers or animals or whatever. Not the specific ranks used. Unless you're saying that Magi would all see stats in a different way, but have a shared terminology of A, B, C and so forth? So one Master might see stats as rivers flowing at different speeds, but they (if they were part of the Mage community) would know that a modestly flowing river equals C-rank, and a really fast one equals A-rank? (Just an example, the exact rankings aren't really relevant here). I guess that makes more sense, though it'd still be funny to imagine someone as ultra proper and serious like Toki as a closeted gamer otaku.

I kinda get it.

my argument would be more sound if Japan school system used ABCDF instead of grading out of 100

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I meant the fact that Tokiomi sees Servant specs as game-style stats at all, as opposed to rivers or animals or whatever. Not the specific ranks used. Unless you're saying that Magi would all see stats in a different way, but have a shared terminology of A, B, C and so forth?
    Yes that is what I'm saying, the terminology is universal, for everything. Not just Servant stats for that matter

anywhere than here

I meant the fact that Tokiomi sees Servant specs as game-style stats at all, as opposed to rivers or animals or whatever. Not the specific ranks used. Unless you're saying that Magi would all see stats in a different way, but have a shared terminology of A, B, C and so forth? So one Master might see stats as rivers flowing at different speeds, but they (if they were part of the Mage community) would know that a modestly flowing river equals C-rank, and a really fast one equals A-rank? (Just an example, the exact rankings aren't really relevant here). I guess that makes more sense, though it'd still be funny to imagine someone as ultra proper and serious like Toki as a closeted gamer otaku.
    It also does establish a similar character trait to that of Rin's attempts to play the proper magus while having a not insubstantial soft side in reality. Shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    my argument would be more sound if Japan school system used ABCDF instead of grading out of 100
    They don't use both? Interesting. I grew up in a system with both, at least by middle school. At least, we had number grades and then a sort of A, B, C and then fail. Not sure how formal the letter grades were though.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kinda ninja'ed since Ice already explained exactly what I was asking. I'll still keep my post as I feel it clarifies some things though.

Also I totally forgot about spells having rankings too. Definitely makes sense that's a shared system among Mages then. Actually, that makes me wonder why Shirou saw the rankings as letter grades, given that he wasn't part of Magi society and presumably wouldn't have been familiar with their way of ranking spells and whatnot. Unless Kiritsugu taught him that before dying (which seems unlikely as Kiri didn't really teach Shirou much magic, and ranking seems like a pretty trivial detail to bother to pass on), or it's some kind of baked-in "default" option for the Heaven's Feel ritual in case the Master has no familiarity with Servants and their specs.

idk. since ive started watching subbed anime 10 years ago, i`ve only seen number scores on tests.. the only times i saw letter scores on tests was dubs, so i assume they were edited in the dub...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Kinda ninja'ed since Ice already explained exactly what I was asking. I'll still keep my post as I feel it clarifies some things though.

Also I totally forgot about spells having rankings too. Definitely makes sense that's a shared system among Mages then. Actually, that makes me wonder why Shirou saw the rankings as letter grades, given that he wasn't part of Magi society and presumably wouldn't have been familiar with their way of ranking spells and whatnot. Unless Kiritsugu taught him that before dying (which seems unlikely as Kiri didn't really teach Shirou much magic, and ranking seems like a pretty trivial detail to bother to pass on), or it's some kind of baked-in "default" option for the Heaven's Feel ritual in case the Master has no familiarity with Servants and their specs.
    Presumably because Kiritsugu attempted to teach him stuff within the standards used by everyone else.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Nat20 rank.
    Υou did this on purpose, didn't you.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

i dislike the fact that the MC isnt a female ginger overlord

also, i know the meta reason for it, but i wish the A team had at least been mentioned in part 1.

alternatively, actually seeing them and interacting with them in part 1 before the bomb would habe been even better

Blog Entries
    You mean mentioned individually? Because the A team definitely came up in part one, it was just light on details outside of “Mash was on it and it had 8 members”

US Friend Code
    Yeah it was mentioned in the original prologue Fuyuki

anywhere than here

Actually seeing them as individuals would still have been nice, or really any other of the Master candidates.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    When FGO first started it was pretty much establishing the standard waifu collecting template like the stronghold base of operations, the waifus, and (you). Anyone else acknowledged to be in the vicinity were either harmless or practically didn't exist except to function as a autonomous labour force in the setting so that it wouldn't encroach on your harmony. Once the first plotline wrapped up a lot of things that were sidelined in the beginning could finally be addressed for the next act and I daresay the development of the game to be more story-based had a hand in breaking some of the status quo.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    CGs and music.

Seeing new places. Large bosses where you have to pull out all of the stops and more to win. People trying to survive in the end of the world and searching for answers (the David Bluebrook stuff). Fighting to retake what's yours from people who won't back down. Seeing various dystopias and the people who made them who were willing to go to any length to do so. The occasions in which a Heroic Spirit shows why they are known as such, protecting and inspiring the people of the present and entrusting the world to them (like Spartacus in LB3).

I can't say I care much for powerlevels for their own sake, or Servants that skew more blatantly toward mining prior goodwill/works for money (DELETE FUJINO). It's sad that the focus nowadays is on what color a Servant's face cards are and how high their numbers are as opposed to whether or not they're an engaging character in a good story. The increasing scale guts more personal stories, which is a damn shame since I got into TM with Shiki and Arc as opposed to TEAM DEATHMATCHES. Also it sucks that I can't just read the TL'd version at my own pace, since you have to grind to get content, and pay for more content. FGO script books when? Even worse is that the English stuff can't even be released all at once, since it has to be treated like part of the game. With an anime, you only have to wait 6 to 9 months depending on the licensor and cours; with FGO, you're waiting years. And Youtube isn't conducive for long-term reading like a real book is. Also it makes me sad that we'll never see the ramifications of the half of the events in FGO. The world skipped a year, what did that do to the MA besides an inquiry, let alone the rest of the world? How the hell are all of the people Thanos'd by trees going to come back? More timeline fuckery when someone defrosts Chaldeas?

Also the desire for MOAR MONEY MOAR STAKES prevents refocusing on a lot of characters in the way that FSN or Tsuki could by virtue of having an ending. There's no need for them to work on old characters or give them further growth when there are new units just on the horizon that need material. Also when Roman ends up in the gacha I'm going to screech hardcore because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck undoing death for money.

And phone games frankly aren't that fun. You have to stare at a tiny little screen until your battery dies right when you get to a good part, or clear a bunch of random missions beforehand so your AP doesn't overflow while you're trudging through the story, or you're gated by your schedule or some other thing that prevents painless immersion and consumption.

I can't screech until my throat bleeds about how FGO's cancer, but I can't really like it either. Just bits and translated chunks there, which is a really depressing way to engage. Well, that's the absolute state of TM fandom these days.
    Everything you just said is exactly what I've been venting about on discord a month ago. I'm just more mad that TM seemingly never listens to fans.
    I don't care about Tsuki R anymore just give me Tsuki 2 in english!

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    tfw when not even in badass versus scathach is saved from the assumption from jobbing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Type Vampire View Post
    I'm just more mad that TM seemingly never listens to fans.
    The game literally made over a billion USD this year, I don't think fans most fans think that they're not getting what they want tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    The game literally made over a billion USD this year, I don't think fans most fans think that they're not getting what they want tbh.
    More like never listen to minority

This that I like/dislike increase

Like: More genderbent
    Dislike: More genderbent
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet