Thread: Going to Japan to study Japanese for a year

Blog Entries

Smile Going to Japan to study Japanese for a year

I pondered for a while which sub forum and potential thread on the site would be the most appropriate place to post this, but I eventually settled on here...Mods, feel free to move it somewhere else if needed.

So, there were a lot of time consuming and expensive preparations in the way (visa, place to stay, student loans, getting into the school etc etc), but I'm now finally all set to go and study Japanese in Tokyo starting in January (the 16th) next year, at Kai Japanese Language School. I'm going to study there for a year, for now. If anyone on this site live in Tokyo (whether permanently or temporarily), or are going to go there at some point over the next year, whether on vacation, or to study like me, or for work, etc, and want to meet up at some point, go ahead and let me know if you want, I'm all for hanging out with fellow BL members when/if I can find the time.

I'm assuming I'll probably not be able to resist occasionally posting some stuff in my forum blog while I'm there, though it probably won't be frequent. Or maybe I should just post here? I dunno. *shrug*

Anyway, I just wanted to let people know I guess.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

US Friend Code
    Congrats mate, hope you have a good time
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Have a fun trip!
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hope you have a good time.
    Last edited by Mattias; December 13th, 2018 at 06:14 PM.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

Blog Entries
    Thanks, guys!

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    Well, tomorrow is the day I leave for Japan. :-) I went ahead and made a simple blog. *shrug* https://studyinginnippon.home.blog/

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    I hope you enjoy your time and ztay in Japan.

It's always hard to move away from home, let alone all the way to a foreign country with a culture and la guave deeply different from the one you're used to.

While you're there, do tell us about your experiences in your new home.

That's cool. Will you be able to eatch the HF II movie first hand?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoyomaster View Post
    That's cool. Will you be able to eatch the HF II movie first hand?
    Naw, I wanna watch all three in a row, so I'll just wait until they're all out before watching them. Which of course means I won't get to watch them in theaters, and will have to settle for the blurays, but ah well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I hope you enjoy your time and ztay in Japan.

It's always hard to move away from home, let alone all the way to a foreign country with a culture and la guave deeply different from the one you're used to.

While you're there, do tell us about your experiences in your new home.
    Thanks. And I'll try.

Blog Entries
    Have had some trouble finding an adapter for my computer's power cord that allows me to use it in Japan, so I haven't been able to go online much on the 4 hour battery. I also had trouble with my cellphone data bugging out, causing me to not be able to use Google maps to find a suitable electronics store that sells said adapter (and it meant I had trouble finding my school and other things as well)...That's all taken care of now though, and I have my data back, and I finally found an adapter, so I can finally go online now. I also have some stuff to write about now on my blog, so I'll do that over the next few days.