Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Requiem (Spoilers Thread)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Nzambi is interesting to me. Is it really true that's the origin of the word zombie?
    The English word "zombie" is first recorded in 1819, in a history of Brazil by the poet Robert Southey, in the form of "zombi", actually referring to the Afro-Brazilian rebel leader named Zumbi and the etymology of his name in "nzambi". The Oxford English Dictionary gives the origin of the word as West African and compares it to the Kongo words "nzambi" (god) and "zumbi" (fetish).
    - - - Updated - - -

That's fetish as in object of worship, not weird sexual thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I'm worried that the side characters won't get that much exploration and theres a ton of them.
    They're just baiting you so you then have to roll for them in Grand Order, after making you wait months for them.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd totally be down for Galahad Alter to show up in F/GO. He looks so cool.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Galahad Alter for white day please. I mean, they can't rerun Arthur's banner only three years in a row right? RIGHT?????

I hope he has a better relationship with Lancelot

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    Oh the Wandering Jew thing was legit, that's really cool. I hope he becomes more important later instead of just being a one off
    Last edited by Reign; January 19th, 2019 at 02:45 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Galahad Alter for white day please. I mean, they can't rerun Arthur's banner only three years in a row right? RIGHT?????
    Would they really put a character from Requiem into FGO before Requiem is done with the character? I don't think we'll be seeing Requiem Servants in FGO anytime soon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Would they really put a character from Requiem into FGO before Requiem is done with the character? I don't think we'll be seeing Requiem Servants in FGO anytime soon.
    I could see them putting one or two Servants from Requiem as NPCs to advertise the novel series and then later making them playable after Requiem is done with them.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    After reading through the summaries, I'm mildly interested.

Will consider if I should pick up the book if it gets more interesting.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Oh God, please not another Strange/Fake situation where the whole thing crawls painfully for years while the author sits on top of the mine lode constantly going 'nuh uh uh, yuh can't touch this'.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I would rather an author gets to actually use the character they're writing however they like to instead of being forced to endorse their implementation into FGO, spoiling abilities, character development, or otherwise.

US Friend Code
    From the comments of that reddit summary:

Spoiler:
    Chapter 5, Page 215 to 218

Erice has the ability to synchronize with the evil spirits residing within her, and displayed part of the ability to deal with servants who went out of control. When doing so, blood from her thumbs from both hands will start dripping. Her blood color when doing so will be blackish red.

Erice can utilize the corrupted blood caused by spiritual disease generated from her arm to form a dense, glossy black "branch" looking weapon. In one of the battles, she had her fingertips generate those branch and extend it, piercing a stray servant's inner body to grab their Saint Graph's core. By separating the core away from the servant, the servant will dissipate and can no longer maintain their form, and the "branch" will have the Saint Graph core assimilate with the branch as a part of it. Doing so does not return the servant back to the Throne, but the master who lost the servant will still have their Command Seals recovered and can possibly still summon the same servant, although the same servant summoned will have all their memories wiped clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    From the comments of that reddit summary:

Spoiler:
    Chapter 5, Page 215 to 218

Erice has the ability to synchronize with the evil spirits residing within her, and displayed part of the ability to deal with servants who went out of control. When doing so, blood from her thumbs from both hands will start dripping. Her blood color when doing so will be blackish red.

Erice can utilize the corrupted blood caused by spiritual disease generated from her arm to form a dense, glossy black "branch" looking weapon. In one of the battles, she had her fingertips generate those branch and extend it, piercing a stray servant's inner body to grab their Saint Graph's core. By separating the core away from the servant, the servant will dissipate and can no longer maintain their form, and the "branch" will have the Saint Graph core assimilate with the branch as a part of it. Doing so does not return the servant back to the Throne, but the master who lost the servant will still have their Command Seals recovered and can possibly still summon the same servant, although the same servant summoned will have all their memories wiped clean.
    Another comment with important info adding to this
    Spoiler:
    There are also other factors in how she can deal with the servants as well.

As citizens of Mosaic City can now summon servants and the existence of them are now commonplace, there is a difference between citizens who didn't undergo training to utilize their magic circuits properly (meaning the citizens who own servants are those with their magic circuits laying completely dormant), and magus like Rin who underwent extensive training to do so. Servants' mana source that allow them to utilize their magecraft or ability mainly comes from the Holy Grail through the city's leyline. Therefore they aren't in the condition to use Noble Phantasms that utilize magical resources way beyond their Master's limits, basically functioning under a great handicap as the result. They can STILL activate them regardless, but not without putting their master into absolute danger. But living their daily normal lives will not pose any problems since the Holy Grail provides them with such basics. This is taken from Chapter 4, page 196.

If the servants are handicapped, that makes Erice dealing with them a lot more easier. Erice is also trained and a complete professional, so this gives her a huge upper hand in dealing with the servants as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I could see them putting one or two Servants from Requiem as NPCs to advertise the novel series and then later making them playable after Requiem is done with them.
    I can see them adding the servants that were just a reference, a cameo or so on, while the main servants that serves the plot and whose identities and abilities are spoilers would have to wait

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Kundry seems like Kiyohime levels of yandere delusion.

Also, 14 years old magus can kill servants, heck is even her job...Barthomeloi/Narbareck levels of prodigy there.

Even if those servants have most of their Noble Phantasms sealed and trashy masters holding them down, it's still remarkable.

Eurice SR Welfare in FGO when ???

Excess? What Excess!? : The series

Seems interesting. Something I'm very interested in is who is the responsible of this world, hence who was the winner?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    so proud of my elephant boy even with his limited screentime

US Friend Code
    Now I'm just wondering if being a zombie had any effect on his battle power. With you know his fight with Longinus. It looks like he's a pretty bara man with a jovial personality like Iskandar huh, surprised he doesnt have an Eye patch. Ironic he got beaten by a Roman again

Glad that Longinus has been confirmed to be a very strong Servant, also seeing the comments people are disappointed with El Cid huh, he got out quick. Though that just means that he can probably do another debut later. At least TM are aware of him.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here