Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Known Magi and Magecraft Specializations

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fallacies is totally wrong about curses not being magecraft so...
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Fallacies is totally wrong about curses not being magecraft so...
    Ahh okay. Is she right about Shirou's copies being really weird compared to the standard version then?

And I thought she was saying that most orthodox magi don't consider Curses to be magecraft/aren't worth teaching or something?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes they're weird because they're super detailed and they last a long time.
    And he's doing it without a base item he can project off of.
    All that is from having UBW.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Yeah there's a good reason that Projection is considered useless.

Normal Projection= Shaping Magical Energy into the form of an object. Said object is just an empty shape and lasts a few minutes at most.

Shirou Projection = Shaping Magical Energy into a replica of an object. Said object lasts until damaged or dismissed, and retains any abilities the original had. Also, items within specific criteria can be reproduced at massive energy discounts. (Shirou specifically notes that Caliburn has more magical energy in it then his body can actually produce after the fight with Berserker).

Reality Marbles are a helluva drug.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah there's a good reason that Projection is considered useless.

Normal Projection= Shaping Magical Energy into the form of an object. Said object is just an empty shape and lasts a few minutes at most.

Shirou Projection = Shaping Magical Energy into a replica of an object. Said object lasts until damaged or dismissed, and retains any abilities the original had. Also, items within specific criteria can be reproduced at massive energy discounts. (Shirou specifically notes that Caliburn has more magical energy in it then his body can actually produce after the fight with Berserker).

Reality Marbles are a helluva drug.
    Too bad it locks him out of any other magecraft he could potentially do other than the most basic of basics.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He can basically project anything if he calls it a sword anyway.

"This is just a gun shaped sword guys, look I'm slashing with it, ignore the bullets."

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I mean, if he believes his own weak-ass argument and actually thinks of a gun as a sword then yeah that'd probably work. Good thing he has that high ranked Mental Pollution that allows him to think such nonsense, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    He can basically project anything if he calls it a sword anyway.

"This is just a gun shaped sword guys, look I'm slashing with it, ignore the bullets."
    I remember when Shirou narrates about EMIYA Projecting a bunch of high-end fishing gear, including some sort of super computerized prototype fishing rod.
    Last edited by warellis; January 11th, 2019 at 07:30 AM.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    The way Shirou/Emiya’s specialized projections are casually talked about and the example that exist make me think there’s this confusion about it that only the writer’s intention can clarify since magic swords are usually the topic of the subject and not other random things.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Well Shirou's projection is like pulling a rabbit out of a hat, instead of a rabbit or a hat it's a sword and a reality marble however.

It's nice to have a Unlimited Blade Works Prime account for that direct shipping from the factory.

US Friend Code
    Is it even right to call it Projection at this point where it's so different? :deepthink:

Blog Entries
    Yes, because it's called Projection (Trace Version).

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Too bad it locks him out of any other magecraft he could potentially do other than the most basic of basics.
    The RM isn't the cause for Shirou doing only swords, just a byproduct of having the sheath inside him for so long. Because the origin (thing that defines one's inclinations) became sword, Shirou will have a hard time doing things that don't involve swords.

I thought that was cleared up as Shirous magical alignment being changed to sword as opposed to his origin.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Q: What is the limit of replication in UBW? The highest level of NP (sword types) is probably Ea, but while it might be impossible for Shirou, could Archer make it? Also, under the meaning of weapons, to what extent can he make modern weapons? Must it be only blade types or can he make guns and mobile weapons?
    A: Divinely forged weapons such as Ea and Excalibur are non-replicable. There might be some degraded Noble Phantasms with similar performance in stock, though. Also, since sword is becoming Shirou's origin, the weapons that he has stored are fundamentally limited to close combat.
    Emiya Shirou's origin is "sword" and his alignment as a magus is also "sword". Because he doesn't have one of the five great elements as an alignment, he's not good at magic using the five great elements. In exchange, he can manifest Reality Marble "Unlimited Blade Works."
    It's both

Thanks a bunch.

Blog Entries
    Also shirou’s she’s is chock full of crap he projects for the hell of it that don’t have any obvious relations to swords.

my guess is we are gonna find out later that the “has to pay three times the cost deal that applies to shields” is actually applies to anything and it’s another example of how magi can pretty much do anything if they dont mind spending the extra MP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    If I'm not mistaken, they actually can be useful, but it would be much easier and more cost-effective to just Reinforce a pre-existing object.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Also shirou’s she’s is chock full of crap he projects for the hell of it that don’t have any obvious relations to swords.

my guess is we are gonna find out later that the “has to pay three times the cost deal that applies to shields” is actually applies to anything and it’s another example of how magi can pretty much do anything if they dont mind spending the extra MP
    Good sir, are you implying that a cotton-candy machine is not a form of Sword? How dare you!

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Cotton candy is on a stick...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Cotton candy is on a stick...
    So were all the heroines
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.