Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Known Magi and Magecraft Specializations

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    So were all the heroines
    I don't think they tasted as...sweet.

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh: I don’t hold back one it comes to women or food!

*next scene*

*camera pulls back slowly revealing Gil sitting in the shear gorging on cotton candy, a different colored wrap in each hand*

shirou: I...really thought he meant something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Gilgamesh: I don’t hold back one it comes to women or food!

*next scene*

*camera pulls back slowly revealing Gil sitting in the shear gorging on cotton candy, a different colored wrap in each hand*

shirou: I...really thought he meant something else.
    Will Gil be using the oldest, original cotton candy machine to do so?

...Why do I get the feeling he possibly has an entire carnival in his Vault?

As for magecraft, what do we know about Flat's abilities?

Blog Entries
    Flat uses chaotic magic and makes things happening, aka;

Spoiler:

Just don't think too deep about it.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 12th, 2019 at 08:34 AM.

Sakura's innate abilities are pretty interesting:
    The way her power is expressed is as a shadow that pools at her feet. As You said, the Matou part is as she said to Shirou, "stealing from others" (the thing she doesn't like), which is expressed by an energy drain. The extra dimension you see things pulled in the bad ends, where Shirou says he's walking for hours with no end in sight? Those are her powers. The Shadow Giants? Those are her born powers, the squid like familiars? Those are her powers. The time when one of the shadow familiars blew itself up after sucking up some energy in the environment during that battle in the forest? A combo of her powers and Matou's. The ability she used to manifest a copy of herself and control it remotely and the ability to move herself/others through her shadow? That's hers, but its likely something that requires a large amount of mana, but who knows. Nasu will never say.
    That isn't altogether very clear.

The familiars, the Shadow techniques, the pocket dimension, are her powers. Which are a mixture of her inborn talent and the Matou's binding.
    The mana comes from the other side, hooked into the grail system, but I was sure they differentiated it being purely AM. Being directly jacked into the grail enables the larger familiars, and the degree with which the shadow's abilties are used, but unlike other characters, we don't know much beyond - she regularly has smaller Shadow Giants, but darkened they are huge - nothing to really gauge the other abilties.
    The curse and ability to taint servants is AM.
    Her shadow is the medium for her attacks, but her original element enables a void that works kind of like an innate bounded barrier, there have been jokes about it being like a holodeck, except the projection is real-ish. What Mizukume was talking about was when she was blackened it also acted as focus for the taint, so it's called "juusoukai". Like said before, ber shadow is the medium for her attacks, so it has spears of shadow coming out of the void, and restrains others, but can be used for transport. She seems to be able to use it post taint, since there was a drama CD where she puts Rider on time out inside for getting frisky in a family restuarant. It's also used on Rin in joke scenes, but the most famous parts you see it are the bad ends "Oceans Depths" where Shirou get engulfed unknowingly and walks for hours inside it. And Femme Fatale, where Rin relives Sakura's life from her perspective through a simulation when she gets engulfed. Its frankly a really interesting ability we don't get to see enough of.

Fate/stay night Part #395 - Femme fatale / Tiger Dojo 40
    The only difference seemingly between the time when she is hooked up to the grail and normal is the regeneration, free usage of power, and her Shadow Giants aren't as big without the backup. I think of it like wifi connection versus landline with the other side as a possible reason for that if we are talking post route, because she still has great power post route, its just the scenario in Hollow, whatever allowed her to be free there, doesn't have the same connection.
    Since she is able to pull things into the void (even in joke scenes, so who knows). Whether she can still go inside it and use it for transport or give people a Silent Hill like simulation is up in the air.
    But there are other applications she used pretty creatively, like the fact she inhabited one of her familiars and used it as a clone to give a message to Rin and Shirou the night of day 15(Ilya explained early on about magi inhabiting their familiars for a limited time), she did that two times in HF, one the scene I mentioned, and the other she explains in Femme Fatale where she said she had a clone waiting for Shirou at the entrance when he saw her looking comatose as he walked up to her.
    Then there was the fact she can see and hear long distances just through her shadow, and she is just surprised it reached that far without her knowing, not that possible.
    There was also the part where she tricked Rin's familiars which were watching her and switched with Rider to get out of the house.

I even remember there was a time I joked about her being perfect for ninjutsu training. Also, the restraining part and absorption is likely the only part dealing with the Matou, it doesn't explain how she can just make stuff happen in that world. Maybe it's the Rheingold enabling a facsimile of Wishcraft, but it's never explained as far as I know, and likely never will be. Hopefully Nasu finally, FINALLY gives up the goods sometime in HF's production regarding some aspects not explained.
    If what is said here by You is true, then Sakura probably could've used her ability to access the Imaginary Numbers realm to make little pocket dimensions in it to store energy, like how Rin & Luvia use gems to do so, had she been trained and her element not been forcibly changed into Water, or so it seems?:
    well imaginary numbers lets you create little not pocket dimensions you can store things in which synergies with the concept of jewels being storage spaces very well so imagine you have all these jewel pocket dimensions with inno machine guns in them inno.
    Because we know as a Tohsaka, Sakura also had the Conversion trait that the Tohsaka (through the Edelfelts) & the Edelfelts have.

In fact, she sort of is able to move around so quickly in HF due to using the IN realm as sort of personal equivalent to B5 hyperspace/DF's Nevernever in a way, right?

It seems like Sakura's big things are that she can(?):

1) Make little pocket realms in the IN realm to store stuff (whether it be energy or objects) and be able to pull it out
    2) Sort of travel about quickly by using the IN realm as a shortcut
    3)Use her connection with the IN realm to create copies of herself (when she can) as a sort of familiar/means to fool people
    4)Use her powers to bind spirits(?) [I presume Servants normally would be too powerful for a Sakura who wasn't hooked up to the Grail?]
    5)Can create ultra-realistic illusions/projections-that-feel-like-the-real-deal inside pocket realms she makes
    Last edited by warellis; January 16th, 2019 at 01:55 PM.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bumping this because I hope to update my little spreadsheet soon. Also, I dropped off into away-land, but I think that the observations about Sakura are very interesting. It also seems to be at least a little bit plausible based on the HF2 scene where Rin recognizes the "imaginary space" thing being used when Sakura's Id Monster attacks them.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    This is a seriously cool thread.

In fact, this is a well and truly Good Thread.
    It’s a thing that benefits the site, and makes people happy, while being a productive resource for the fandom.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's a sort of jokey sketch done by, I think, Takeuchi, which shows her shadow giants under not-hooked-up-to-the-Grail circumstances, and it's bascly an adorable little shoulder pet
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Flat uses chaotic magic and makes things happening, aka;
    Spoiler:
    what, you mean magick is real and magickcians are not so secret in their practice?

They’re secret but magic is based off real life occultist practices and cultural beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    There's a sort of jokey sketch done by, I think, Takeuchi, which shows her shadow giants under not-hooked-up-to-the-Grail circumstances, and it's bascly an adorable little shoulder pet
    You mean this?: https://i.imgur.com/hZTx812.jpg

When everyone have normal elemental affinity like fire or wind or both or all. No, you're so screw up as a person you have an elemental affinity of SWORD. Shirou literally caused a bug in the system.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    Shirou literally caused a bug in the system.
    No no, it's Zouken that does bugs. Shirou's thing is making Swords.

And it's not exactly natural. It was Avalon's fault.

He's just lucky that he didn't wind up a Saber Clone.
    Last edited by forumghost; May 11th, 2019 at 03:36 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Well, it's not as if Imaginary Numbers is common, either.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    More common than sword tho

Like, I think we have several characters who can use them now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Really? Who else?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Olgamarie's tutor Trisha and Lev iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Elements also aren't really a system in the sense of, like, the mechanics of the world, so much as just umbrellas for magi to roughly categorize where your strengths and weaknesses are, in the logic of their culture. So maybe there's a cultural system where Shirou wouldn't be classed as an irregular.

Quote Originally Posted by Case Files Vol 1
    “According to Alchemy, the four elements and the Origin are one and the same. Even now, most people treat them that way. Things like the 12 Constellations, or the Five Elements of Oriental thought, are no different. They just serve as convenient systems to classify all of reality. Although those are the four elements used by places like the Clock Tower, we could actually add various elements, like Void, and the chemical elements. This tends them towards a more practical tint, but now I'm getting off track."

"Uhh, I was told that I was Earth."

"Right. In that kind of meaning, it's used to generalize where your talents and weaknesses lie.”
    Theoretically, if you were raised in some really really weird culture, then maybe that culture uses the periodic table or the alphabet as their elemental system, instead of the western system/eastern system/constellations/hexagrams/whatever.

Actually, a magus with 'Average One (Alphabet)' sounds like a fun idea for a daemonologist if you play around with Unit Designation and 'words of power' eastern cultural stuff, I might do that.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    More common than sword tho

Like, I think we have several characters who can use them now?
    Using Imaginary Numbers space in magecraft is common, but having that as an Origin and Element like Sakura initially did? Probably not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    Olgamarie's tutor Trisha and Lev iirc.
    Huh. Interesting.