Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So concerning the new interview from Nasu and a personal statement

Blog Entries
    I don't really get it but I'd think as someone who prefers non-Fate properties wouldn't Nasu bailing out of FGO for good be nothing but good news?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I kind of saw this coming already. I doubt Nasu's not gonna do any more writing, ever, for FGO (there's way too much new lore for that), but I can't imagine Sony Music (IIRC, that's who FGO's under) letting go of the cash cow that made more by itself than Sony Whatever does in its entirety.

I just wonder if Nasu's got anything going on already, or if he's starting up entirely new projects.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I kind of saw this coming already. I doubt Nasu's not gonna do any more writing, ever, for FGO (there's way too much new lore for that), but I can't imagine Sony Music (IIRC, that's who FGO's under) letting go of the cash cow that made more by itself than Sony Whatever does in its entirety.
    Absolutely.

No matter what happens with Nasu's involvement, Sony is not letting go of GO.
    I just wonder if Nasu's got anything going on already, or if he's starting up entirely new projects.
    tsukire someday lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I don't really get it but I'd think as someone who prefers non-Fate properties wouldn't Nasu bailing out of FGO for good be nothing but good news?
    That depends on if he decides to work on anything, TSUKI RE PLZ!!!, or decides to, I dunno, follow in the Togashi life-style and play Dragon Quest or something for months on end.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It is a necessary move, but I'm not so optimistic to think that he will bail out to work on something different. Maybe he will, like my friend said, start to spent the money he got.

But that joke aside, there are a lot of people that just watched recent works like Apocrypha and Last Encore which would might make him to come back. I'm not saying which is more probable or not but rather that the fact that he said "going to back off a little" is, although a good sign, not something one should really create expectations for.

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    That depends on if he decides to work on anything, TSUKI RE PLZ!!!, or decides to, I dunno, follow in the Togashi life-style and play Dragon Quest or something for months on end.
    That is certainly one way to solve my problems. But I would rather choose another VN-format franchise.
    Last edited by migliole; December 29th, 2018 at 12:29 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    tsukire someday lol
    ~WITHIN TEN YEARS~

I will never let go of that.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I believe he still have Extella 2 in his backlog too.

Blog Entries

nasu’s new project is to test humanities limitations by seeing if it’s actually possible to overdose on THC and hookers
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

~WITHIN TEN YEARS~

Wasn't it

-TO THE NEXT TEN YEARS-

~WITHIN TEN YEARS~

It's already been ten years grandpa, you have to let go

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gentle reminder that about two weeks ago Tsukihime had it's 18th birthday~

I feel so old.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I believe he still have Extella 2 in his backlog too.
    Extella 2 is FGO2. All servants Guda got in FGO will be transfered there and become Hakuno's servants being summoned to fight Velber.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    It's already been ten years grandpa, you have to let go
    The "To the next 10 years" timer started in 2012 buddy the deadline is 2022

Honestly, I don't know whats worse.

That we may never get Tsuki Re and it begins to rival HL3 in vapor ware status

Or that we do get it, but we never get a proper international localization.

The "To the next 10 years" timer started in 2012 buddy the deadline is 2022
    The relevance of "To the next 10 years" to Tsukihime would be "to the next 10 years of saying we're working on a remake".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Honestly, I don't know whats worse.

That we may never get Tsuki Re and it begins to rival HL3 in vapor ware status

Or that we do get it, but we never get a proper international localization.
    International translation sure, just not English
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

In truth, a remake of an old thing isn't really something to uphold as Saviour of TM in a Fate vs Anything Else juxtaposition when Nasu writing something original and potentially unattached to current TMverse baggage would be much more preferable but what can you do, memes are memes

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    International translation sure, just not English
    I'd be fine if it was in spanish, since thats my first language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    In truth, a remake of an old thing isn't really something to uphold as Saviour of TM in a Fate vs Anything Else juxtaposition when Nasu writing something original and potentially unattached to current TMverse baggage would be much more preferable but what can you do, memes are memes
    Yeah I agree, but what are the odds he'd actually do that though?

Mans built himself a massive playground.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Danganronpa is what you get if you take Ace Attorney and put it through the looking glass.

Quote Originally Posted by migliole View Post
    I won't try to defend my reason for abadoning but for context I'll try to summarize it:
    Spoiler:
    There are some lore choices that came since Extra that are making me mad day by day. At the time when I played Extra I payed it no mind because "it was all just a spinoff that I should not mind too much" but when FGO started, and some aspects related to canonicity were revelead, I went nuts. This added by the fact that I want at least an update on Tsukihime Remake or whatever that is not Fate just make things worse. Moreover, recent Fate works are not even that good and I am tired of holy grail wars and what ifs. And the fact that the model for telling the most important things are on a mobile game, which is the single worst place to tell a story imo. Then add the fact that pretty much everyone beside me loves what is happening on the franchise which makes my rant only look weird. The conclusion was that things were not for me, maybe I became a boring adult and just have to move on. An so that was what I chose. I made an cliché promise like "If by the New Years won't have not a single update, even for 'I'm working on it' of any non-Fate work, I will never consume anything from the mushroom again". And well, here I am 3 days from New Years.
    So what are these lore choices from EXTRA that grinds your gears?

EXTRA was my favorite after FSN.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by migliole View Post
    This is not a "I'm leaving" but rather I would be something like a "visitor making a research". My focus is to read what people from this forum think about such decision, which is what you all are doing already. So, just keep going as you would naturally react, until there is no reason to answer anymore.
    Well

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    The idea of FGO ending, or even Nasu just cutting his involvement, is kinda melancholic to me.

I mean, I'd love for Nasu to go work on other projects instead of being tied eternally to a mobile gacha game of all things, but when I started reading Fate/stay night, FGO was about to be released, and since then it has always felt like a kind of end-goal of the franchise.
    I read FSN, FHA, Apo, Prisma, FSF, etc... And because of that I can understand and enjoy FGO in its entirety. The absolute crossover, a celebration of the franchise, something like that.

My mind goes back to that Essentials of Fate video. I love that there'll be more names being added to that, but thinking about the video not ending with FGO, the greatest holy grail war, is sad.

It doesn't help that non-FGO fate projects haven't upheld a high standard of quality recently. While FGO is only rarely exceptional, it does maintain a satisfiable level of quality (nowadays at least): it is a safe bet. Meanwhile, Extella and Last Encore were huge disappointments, Prisma and Foxtail can be entertaining at times but rarely evoke much emotional response from me, Strange Fake is still setting itself up after years, and Requiem is a complete wildcard with its premise.

I guess it's because FGO has just been a staple of the franchise since I started interacting with it, and contains both some of my most hated and most beloved TM content in it. If it does "end" this soon, it'll be kinda hard to let it go.