Page 10 of 244 FirstFirst ... 589101112152060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Pinefall High Dormitory - Cesarina's Room
    Phase: Evening Phase.
    Date: 06.09.1994.
    Weather: Sunny

"NO!"

Oh my. I appear to have made some sort of error, as I glance at Cesarina's blueprints. She's clearly very talented, and quite honestly would probably much rather thrive in a researching environment instead of the environment she is in - a sort of mishap on her parent's part, but I'm definitely not one talk. I've made too many people shake their heads and bemoan my own existence to ever judge someone like Cesarina.

And free-hand -- my, my, Cesarina is more talented then she first seems.

"If I send my things back, they will just laugh and get rid of it like before, and if I put it into storage, somebody might steal them! I, I mean, that is... even if it ends up looking somewhat messy, I do not mind. It'll simply make me feel more at home! That is how my own room looked like back home as well!"

I glance around the room. There's things absolutely strewn everywhere. But if she enjoys it...

"... T-that is why I do not mind lending you some of my things, like posters and such, you would not be stealing, I would be lending my things to you. I'd much rather it be in the hands of my f-friend rather than where I do not know what will happen to it."

...Then I can't really fault her for it.

"Speaking of which. Are you, err... are you fan of horror movies?"

"Hmmm?" I tilt my head, glancing at the girl and the posters she has before her. "What on earth is a mewvei?"

I am not a sheltered girl, no matter what people may think.

I simply am horrendously attached to the things that I enjoy, and ignore all other pursuits in favor of those things. As such, what one might normally 'experience growing up', are not experiences that I have directly had. I have never heard of movies. I have never lazily played sports in the summer. I have never watched the trees change color. I have never seen a caterpillar turn into a butterfly. All of these experiences, as such, were things that were distractions to me - simply a waste of my own time, my own efforts, and my own energy that I could better put towards greater things.

Ah.

So that's why I'm so alone.

"I suppose I have no real opinion of horror "moovays", as I have never actually experienced such a thing. Is it like... Hm. When you're nearing a breakthrough in the middle of the night, and then when you exit your dormitory to go and acquire a late snack, the matron wildly shrieks and attacks you with her machete?"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vier Wolf
    [BGM]

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “I would like to try… one of your sweet cherry pies if you don’t mind.”
    While the old jukebox against the wall blasted tunes from yesteryear, Avery Walker's eyes lit up just a bit when she heard Vier's request. It was almost as if she had been hoping for that specific order. Aleen was quick to hop into the conversation, leaning against Vier's shoulder a bit roughly as she pointed at the item in question on the menu plastered to the wall.

"Yeppers! One whole, puhleaaaze!" Aleen hollered. "And two coffees to go with it!"

Before Vier could react to that addition, Aleen flashed a grin into her direction.

"You can pay me back by letting me copy your homework," she whispered. "That fine with ya, Ms. Moneybags?"

So... perhaps she was not completely clueless, after all.

"Alright, one cherry pie and two coffees, coming right up!" Avery Walker said with a big smile and gestured towards the red leather seats. "You two lovelies go sit down, I'll be right with you."

Fastening the apron around her waist, the owner rang a bell on the counter which caused something/someone to wake up in the kitchen with a loud yelp. Avery punctured this rude awakening with a loud yell of: "Cathie, we got an order!". Loud grumbling emerged in response and both could see something very orange move sluggishly on the other side of the door that swung open and close, the owner disappearing behind it. Aleen giggled and shrugged at the scene, moving over to the one of the window tables and plopping her butt down on the red leather seat.

"Mmm, just you wait!" the bluehead said, practically squirming in anticipation. "That pie so good it'll kill ya!"

And if the smells soon wafting through the diner from the kitchen were anything to go by, Aleen wasn't exactly kidding. Even the only other customer at the diner (a young-looking girl wearing dirty fishing gear) roused from her slumber and lifted her head to look towards the kitchen door. Aleen, however, paid no attention to this person, amusing herself instead by folding the red-and-white napkin before her into rather imaginative shapes.

"So, uh, Vier? Where're you from, exactly?" Aleen asked while busying her hands. "I mean your accent has that whole 'Deutschland Deutschland Uber Alles' thing going on, but I think I remember there being plenty of places where they spoke that garble."

Colt Davin

"A'ight!"

The two bill's between Colt's fingers disappeared quickly as Tommy snatched them and stuffed them in his pocket, just like that.

"Couple 'a days and I should have your speakers. If I don't, you get your money back," he promised. "Don't run no scam here, so don't worry. Besides, the townspeople know me well enough and Rachel'd would kill me if I stole from a high school student. Doubly so since it's Pinefall. She always was so bitter since she didn't get to go..."

Writing a memo for himself, Tommy hopped over to the barn itself and slammed that piece of paper on a nail sticking out of the doorway. A rather hazardous ways to store your post-it notes, but supposedly it worked. One could see dozens and dozens of remnants of old memos still sticking to the nail, meaning that it must've been some sort of habit for the man. Then, having done that, Tommy turned back and fished out his key ring once again.

"Anyway, you think on that job offer. Helping hand is a helping hand, no matter if I pay them or not. 'Sides, it's good to see 'nother junkhead in this town at last. Usually folks just want me to fix their microwaves or bicycles," Tommy said, twirling the key ring on his index finger. "Anyways, if you're gonna be over more often, some ground rules: whatever's on the, with few exceptions, is usable. You pay for what you want to work on. The can use the machinery in the barn for free, but I don't mind if you throw a bill or two my way for the electricity. The generator ain't cheap, as you can imagine. Other than that, just don't snoop around the shed in the back, and we're golden."

Sensing that some more explanation might be in order, Tommy winked at Colt.

"That's where I keep my personal stuff. Don't want no dude sniffing my boxers."

Having said that, the leather-jacket clad man walked over to the fenced area of junk and treasures and stuck one of the keys in the padlock keeping the razor-wire fence's gate shut. It opened with a rusty creak, as did the gate itself, revealing the veritable wonderland of trash behind it.

"So... Wanna dig around a bit?" Tommy asked with a grin.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Dormitory, Common Area
    Evening Phase
    Still Sunny in the Evening

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklęun & Adeleide Cheshire
    "I get'cha what'cha mean, Addie! I'm from Thailand I've never been anywhere else! So being out here in the States is supah weird, for realsies! Where are all the hamburgers and cowboys and monster trucks? I thought everyone here drove either SUVs or monster trucks! I've feel like I've been lied to..."

"I know, right!? It feels like they're hiding under some kind of blanket! I came here expecting some real heavy metal, like home, but there's not a single band I can... think..."
    Hmm. A shame.

I was not allowed to have any “loud music” at my last residence, which was always a bother because music is always a useful conversation topic. I do know my bands, but I doubt I could entertain a true fan.

“Well, America is very large. Unfortunately for us, we’re in the wrong part of the US for cowboys and monster trucks. But I doubt there is a town in this country where you can’t get a burger.”

"I'M SAKURA TSUKIOKA, FROM JAPAN, HI!"
    Again, too loud. Good thing I was prepared for it from the moment I set foot in this room.

I guess there is something…endearing about a person like Sakura Tsukioka. Maybe, if I saw a world as colorful as hers, I would be just like…nah.

In any case, yes, I can say I like Sakura Tsukioka. The ambiguous way other people like the hero of a story, or a spectacular play in a sports match. Even the way she deflected the matter of the sandwich was likeable in a way. That’s a little mystery worth keeping in the back of my mind.

Also, I’m fairly sure Japan also has pines. Different species, so I guess they look different enough to grab her attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Cheshire
    "Doesn't that take years and years of training to do - to be a pro?"

"And you're only in high school? That's really cool."
    Oh, that will make him happy.

Well, let the man be proud. Is it truly arrogance if he really is the best at what he does?

Yes, let the man have his moment. If anything, a happy Pyry is an outspoken Pyry. I like outspoken people. They tell me things.

"I've never... I mean... I'm pretty good at games, I suppose. I'm not a musician or a killer cook or anything, like you guys."
    My thoughts on those words I wrap in thick metal chains and throw into the darkest corners of my mind. Experience has taught me that my preferred method to uplift people in Adelaide’s current position does more harm than good. Sometimes even I partake of some of that harm.

"I read a lot of books?"
    “Books are great.”

The words, lame even by my standards, come out of my mouth unbidden, as if crafted only by my mouth, without brain intervention. But, damn it, it’s true.

“I look forward to making a stop at the school library. If any of you have any recommendations for me, I’m all ears.”

…wait, there is a school library, right? There has to be, I always have things to read. Like this Timothy Zahn Sakura seems to like a lot—

…wait. I’ve been gesturing with both my hands.

Where is my sketchbook—ah.

It slipped off my lap at some point; maybe I did jump a little at Sakura’s outburst. It rests by my feet, right next to the—is that really blue hair? I mean, the shade seems to match things that are generally light blue. Is that natural?

“Right. Pyry, I think you were regaling everyone with a story before I interrupted? Ah, if you’ll excuse me, Ubon.”

Anyway, I didn’t get to practice, but that’s no excuse to be careless.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; January 15th, 2019 at 10:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Of course she knew who Mercedes West was.

That did not change the fact that she was currently acting like arrogant trash with no sense of dignity and Lucille was taught to give pity for those unaware of their faults. It would be all too easy for this situation to devolve into the trading of barbed insults, but Lucille found it far more enjoyable to hold the high ground.

There was nothing more satisfying than the irritation on their face knowing she had done nothing wrong.

Lucille thought it was fine to be confident in one’s talents. It was not fine for one to assume their talent made them so much better they couldn’t afford to give someone else basic human decency.

“First of all, I live in Manhattan Beach. If you're geographically ignorant, that’s in Los Angeles County,” Lucille said in a gentle tone, like she was helping a child do their homework. “Second, I don’t see how being a movie star makes you any better than me at badminton. If acting your way through a match became legal, well, I missed the memo, my apologies.”

Unlike the other smiles Lucille had given today, this one was completely insincere, her eyes burning with indignant fury.

Even her patience had limits.

Blog Entries

Elaine Winters & Momoi Hisa
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 06.09.94
    [BGM]

... And finally, there it was.

The Ghostwood Overlook.

A small clearing on top of a cliff at the side of the mountain, jutting out so that one could see practically forever from its tip. Wooden fence separated the area, securing the edge of the cliff as well from careless hikers. Few old tower viewers had been set there, as well as an informative map that pointed out what in the view seen from the overlook was what. In that sense, one could get the lay of the land for practically whole of Road's End from this spot, just thanks to this one view.

And what a view it was.

The endless North-Western forests spreading forever, the distant shoreline that marked where the land of United States ended, the mountains that undulated across the surface of the earth, the boundless sky that stretched above them so blue it almost hurt to look, the cliffs near the ocean and the tiny speck of white that must've been the old lighthouse, the long-forgotten railroad tracks that snaked through the forests and meadows, cutting into the town and then disappearing behind the mountains into the lake area... and, of course, the town of Road's End itself. A town that seemed so small when viewed from here. Tiny speck of inhabited land in the middle of nowhere that still had welcomed the 29 students of Pinefall High with open arms, despite owing them nothing. Sure, there might have been money involved, but just looking at the natural beauty of this place... there was a lot to be thankful for.

But no matter how breathtaking this view was, no matter how worth it made the duo's long climb... it also felt a bit lonely. From here it was easy to understand why the town had been named "Road's End". After that there was nothing. This was as far as the roads went. That, in turn, made it the loneliest place the road could take you. As long as road existed, people would want to travel along it to see new places and meet new faces... but what about where the road ended? There was nothing there, you could not go any further. Of course most would rather turn back, travel to the other direction. Only those whom called it home, stayed.

Well, them and the newcomers of Oceandrop Program, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Hi sir, enjoying the view?"
    Thus, considering how beautiful the view was, like ripped straight out of a tall tale, it was no wonder that the two girls weren't the only ones there are the overlook. Now that they had gotten closer, it was clear that this man had been using the tower viewer to take a better look at the scenery. Next to his feet rested a heavy-looking suitcase, one meant for long travels, and a medical cane helped him stay upright, though he was still quite badly hunched over. Even in this heavy sunlight the man was wearing a thick coat and up-close both could see that his skin was sickly pale, while his hair was white like plumes and wiry, like it often was with old people.

"Yes... I quite am," the man answered, his voice a hoarse whisper. "It's a magnificent town."

--- As the man turned around, a momentary shock of pure cold ran through both girls.

This wasn't right.

No matter how they looked at it, this was surreal.

His skin might've been sickly and pale, his hair might have been old and colorless, his eyes might have been tired and sunken in...

... But the man himself was not old.

No, he must've in just in his late twenties.

"Good day to the two of you," the man said, lowering his head in a respectful greeting. "Say, this might sound strange coming out of the blue, but..."

A smile floated to his lips.

"... Have either of you seen a hair or a hide of gentle Guildenstern?"

New Person Met!
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 16th, 2019 at 12:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    John Dove & Adelaide Cheshire

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide
    "Are there not a lot of pine trees in the rest of America, Sakura?"
    "Mm, I've only visited down south, see?" Sakura answered, making vague gesture of lowering her hand. "Poor ol' Piney Trees don't really like it when the weather gets hot."

As the conversation went on, the sun outside was slowly marching towards the horizon, informing that eventually the day would come to an end. They had been able to see some students that had returned to the dorm from wherever they had went - some of them giving a curt nod or wave as a greeting, some not. However, it felt like the time just flew with this group, even if they hadn't talked about anything that important.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide
    "Doesn't that take years and years of training to do - to be a pro? And you're only in high school? That's really cool."
    For a moment, Pyry's face went completely blank, like he hadn't expected to hear what Adelaide had just said. Then, out of nowhere, a heavy blush rose to his cheeks. Embarrassed, the tall boy scratched the back of his head, laughing in a way that tried to hide the fact that he had gotten his his gusto back... but also failing miserably. There were many kinds of prides, and it was clear that when came to Pyry, his was about his accomplishments. Getting him to good mood was as easy complimenting him regarding those.

In that sense, he was not like a lion... he was more like a overly excited house cat demanding praise and petting.

"W-well, you know how it is!" Pyry answered, still trying to hide his mood. "It takes both raw talent and right training... plus some dumb luck. I w-wouldn't call it cool or anything, but if you say so...! Ahaha~, I mean, at least kids seem to think it's cool, so I get to be popular among them! And it beats working on a farm or freezing your ass off herding reindeer!"

The boy was practically purring from the attention received.

"Oh, speaking of which!" Pyry suddenly said, grinning excitedly as he leaned closer to Adelaide, eyes shining. "You know Finland's called the heavy metal capital of the world, right...? Weeeeell, I brought plenty of CDs with me, so if you wanna come listen to them sometime..."

He left that question hanging in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Right. Pyry, I think you were regaling everyone with a story before I interrupted?"
    Pyry blinked once or twice, clearly blanking completely on what John meant. Inacio smiled and played a few playful notes from his guitar, which eventually turned into a whole short melody. He punctuated it with taking a swig of the glass of soda he had left on the small table next to them.

"John is talking about the tale of you and your training partner's lemon faces," the guitarist explained. "Though I suppose that one was finished...?"

Pyry hit his hand with his fist.

"Ah, you mean the one where our faces went like thiiiiis?"

--- Oh God, there it was the again. That squished up face.

Poor Inacio was caught completely unawares and ended up spraying cola form his mouth in a fight of laughter.

"Oh come on!" Inacio complained, once he got his bearings back. "This was a completely new shirt!"

"What'wha gwonna dwo bwout wit bwotweh?" Pyry teased back, undulating his body back and forth while still keeping that same... which made his voice sound absolutely ridiclous.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    "Ah, if you’ll excuse me, Ubon.”
    "Hmh?"

A blank expression of confusion appeared on Ubon's face. She followed John's stare with her own, eventually ending up on the sketchbook on the floor.

"Oh! Sure, Johnnie! Here ya go!" Ubon said, putting her hands on the floor.

Then, with a graceful move, the girl in blue grabbed the sketchbook with the toes of her left foot (when had she slipped into barefoot-mode?), rose to a beautiful handstand so that she faced John and the sofa, and curled her leg so that she handed the sketchbook back to its original owner. The other leg was pointing straight up towards the ceiling, gathering some confused stares from the others... as did her rump, which was now towards them, shaking back and forth.

"You got lotsa doodles in there," Ubon said with a grin. "Are ya some sorta drawing-nerd?"

There seemed to be no ill will in those words... but they still sounded pretty rude.

And while John might have wanted to respond to them in kind, well...

------ Out of nowhere, the front door of the first floor flew open, revealing behind it a white-haired boy with absolutely exhilarated grin on his face.

"Yo, dweebs! Come check it out!" The boy who had introduced himself as Hwan Bin in the classroom shouted. "The blonde gal just challenged Mercedes West to a badminton game! They look like they're gonna tear each other's throats out! You don't wanna miss this!"

The whole group in the common room stared at each other.

Well, that came of out nowhere, but still...

... It sounded like something no one should miss!

Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Pinefall High Dormitory - Cesarina's Room.

"Z-Zaza... is, um, is your home life alright?"

Cesarina looked to be both full of confusion and sympathy as she placed her hand reassuringly on Alexstrasza's shoulder. It seemed that there was quite the big cultural gap between the two girls, one that wasn't exactly devoid of misunderstandings... Nevertheless, while Cesarina couldn't figure out how literal her new friend was being (hopefully not very), she did understand one thing. One thing that seemed to jolt her body back full of energy.

"No, no, leaving that, um, horrifying image aside...! Zaza!" Cesarina suddenly brought her face inches away from Alexstrasza. "Do I understand this correctly that you have never seen a horror movie, let alone a movie? Not even a one? They are, you know, those things that are like television shows, only they last for hours and have only one episode. Well Star Wars has multiple episodes, but that is besides the point. My point being!"

A finger was lifted to point at the blonde.

"You have never seen a movie! Correct!?"

Something of an excited grin seemed to be tugging at the corners of Cesarina's mouth. It was clear that Alexstrasza had stepped on the landmine of getting a hobbyist talking about her hobby.

"If that is the case, then Zaza... We shall strive to put this room in order during the next two hours!" Cesarina proclaimed, jumping up from the bed. "And the rest of the evening, we're watching movies!"

Wait, did this girl really carry her own TV and VHS player to the dorm?

"I have everything necessary, even popcorn!"

Popcorn too!?

Lucille Faraday
    [BGM]

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “First of all, I live in Manhattan Beach. If you're geographically ignorant, that’s in Los Angeles County. Second, I don’t see how being a movie star makes you any better than me at badminton. If acting your way through a match became legal, well, I missed the memo, my apologies.”
    "Whaaat, so that's what that smell of trash was. Sorry hun, didn't realize you were, like, one of the beach bums. Did you take the wrong bus to the soup kitchen and end up here?" Mercedes answered in kind, grinding her teeth together and slowly standing up. "See, up on the Beverly Hills where actual people live, we don't have a problem with, like, homeless wannabe posers. If one sneaks in, we kick them out faster than what speed limits allow."

With her eyebrow twitching, Mercedes set the full force of her glare towards Lucille. This was no longer just hostility born of having been seen in such a vulnerable state... this was now getting personal. The snide insinuations on both sides were fuel to the fire that threatened to explode out of control and the locker room's atmosphere practically quaked and quivered out of barely-contained clashing egos.

"In other words, girlie scout, I know how take out trash like you," Mercedes said, puncuating her words once more with a snap of her fingers. "So why don't'cha bounce before I end up going postal on your frumpy little ass?"

Suddenly, that booted foot of Mercedes lifted in what was almost a kick - but not a one aimed at Lucille. Instead it hit one of the badminton rackets at the bench straight to the handle, causing the racket so spin wildly upwards. Then, with a single smooth gesture, Mercedes extended her hand and snatched the racket from the air and drew it from its sheath. It twirled around her fingers for full six spins, before (with one more behind the shoulder throw just for good measure) Mercedes snapped the racket forward so that it pointed straight at Lucille.

"Or better yet, why don't you put, like, your money where your mouth is," the starlet challenged. "Though, newsflash! If you're ac-tually stupid enough to step to me, I'm gonna slap your face off in-game. And this ain't acting."

Well, that was a slap with a white glove if any.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 16th, 2019 at 08:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolf

When I made my request, the Owner looked a little too happy from my request for a cherry pie. Is it that surprising that I want to order one of those renowned cherry pies that I keep hearing about? Before I could request like water for my drink, Aleen leaned onto my shoulder and jumped into the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Yeppers! One whole, puhleaaaze! And two coffees to go with it!"
    Coffee?! I could probably afford it with the half off special, but that’s half of my remaining cold, hard cash. I was about to order otherwise until Aleen flashed a grin in my direction before whispering to me.

"You can pay me back by letting me copy your homework. That fine with ya, Ms. Moneybags?"
    So she isn’t always perfectly clueless. Of course, it’s on one of my weak points in comparison to other students. After all, my last job was entirely “voluntary” and I was more less paid with food and other goods up there. I gave her my response to that.

“I’ll do you one better. I’ll tutor you as well so you don’t fail the tests.”

Quote Originally Posted by Owner
    "Alright, one cherry pie and two coffees, coming right up! You two lovelies go sit down, I'll be right with you."
    I just followed Aleen to a nice window table where I saw a young girl in fisher clothes quietly snoozing in one of the corners. I set down Gita carefully with the opening towards me. I doubt I would have to worry about thieves here, but better safe than sorry. While I was doing that, I also saw the Owner yell to the back about our order where I saw some orange thing in the kitchen move and grumble.

"Mmm, just you wait! That pie so good it'll kill ya!"
    “I’m looking forward to it!”

Actually, now that I could smell the pie cooking, I was more than just looking forward to the pie. It has got to be the best thing I’ve ever smelt in my life. Just to prove my point, that young fisher girl woke up from her nap once the smell started wafting from the kitchen. Aleen clearly familiar with the smell went to fold some napkins in some interesting shapes… Like a bunch of fractal art if I recall correctly?

"So, uh, Vier? Where're you from, exactly? I mean your accent has that whole 'Deutschland Deutschland Uber Alles' thing going on, but I think I remember there being plenty of places where they spoke that garble."
    “Deutschland Deutschland Uber Alles? Ah, you must be referring to the first stanza of Deutschlandlied. We typically only do the third stanza of…”

I cleared my voice in an attempt to show some pride for my country in a slightly singing voice.

“Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit~”

I promptly cleared my throat after doing that. Because while my voice is okay, I know its not exactly past decent as amateur.

“As for me, I was born in a city near Rottwell of West Germany and I grew up in Pfullendorf. So naturally, I’ll have a German accent when I talk. What about you Aleen? You’re clearly American, but I hear America differs as you go from east to west coast.”

Well I could get rid of my accent, but it is more of a pain than it is worth.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin
    Date: 06.09.1994

"That's where I keep my personal stuff. Don't want no dude sniffing my boxers."

“Cover my hit on the utilities. Stay outta your laundry. I can stick to those rules, fair deal.” With an honest chuckle Colt ran the ground rules back. Simple and fair, just like this hobby. Except next to nothing about this hobby was simple, but at least it was fair, and in that sense the overlap was perfect.

Sparks and lightning bolts lit up in amber eyes as the rusted gate gave way to an amusement park of wonder and delight.

"So... Wanna dig around a bit?"

The plan to cruise through town while the sun was still up, drive past the old train tracks, the saw mill, check out the hospital, zoom past the beach and lap in that salty sea-side air, all of it evaporated. Rolling his sleeves up, eyes beaming, Colt kicked up a whirlwind passing through the old gate.

“Just for a bit!” Having practically dived right into the El Dorado of retired cars, Colt hollered out from under the hood of an old Chevy. “Good students always get back before curfew!”

Elaine Winters

I left the older guy to gather his thoughts and looked over the view with a critical eye.

Could see clear to the ocean from here, the endless array of forest, the foothills of the Rockies dotting the scene like great redoubts. I felt a quiet tension in my shoulders ease, put at peace for a moment that, in the end it was worth it after all.

Still, it didn’t take to much to notice that this was where the path ended, end of the line, nothing over land after here, just ocean beyond sight.

Really makes you think.

Road’s End was just that, no one passed through, or didn’t stay for long except the people who lived here.

And us, a’course.

Setting almost 30 young people into a back town tucked into the sea, isolated and sheltered from the world, for good or ill.

I puffed out a breath and turned my attention to the man who’d arrived before us, noting some key details, like the heavy-looking briefcase he had, despite the medical cane he had, and the tired posture, how’d a guy like this get all the way up here?

He looked cold, sickly, hair that pale-white reserved for the very sick.

Something was weird. Maybe he was tougher than he looked?

“Yes... I quite am. It’s a magnificent town.”

His voice was a rasping whisper, following my thoughts of this ailing gentleman, but as he turned around, I found my eyebrows rising.

His face was youthful, eyes sunken, face pale, but he couldn’t have been ten years older than me.

“Good day to the two of you,” He said, dipping his head in a little bow, “Say, this might seem a bit strange coming out of the blue, but...”

He smiled, a strange feeling to it.

“Have either of you seen either a hair or hide of gentle Guildenstern?”

I gave the guy a look, squinting slightly.

This guy for real?

“Fraid not, hoss. We’re new in town, no Danes to be seen, just a Finn. That make you Rosencranz?”

I smiled a bit, then looked at his bag, “You alright, friendo? Must of been a real pain, hauling that pack up here.”
    Last edited by Mormarth; January 16th, 2019 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille didn’t equate wealthy beach goers with the homeless, but she supposed trying to figure out the chain of logic necessary to come to that conclusion was more of a hassle than it was worth. It was beginning to dawn on her as to why she’d been homeschooled in the first place, though, because if the majority from California acted like this, no wonder people thought they were insufferable. Still, the more Mercedes talked, the more she showed her disregard for others, and this was the fuel that stoked Lucille’s anger. It was one thing to treat her terribly—she’d just have to bear with it—but it was something else entirely for others to be mistreated.

The price of privilege was responsibility, not a pass for one to someone to act like a huge twat.

That being said… Mercedes’ physical act, twirls and all, had caught her by surprise, though Lucille didn’t let it show. It really was impressive, but giving the enemy a compliment when she had done nothing but insult her didn’t sit well with Lucille at all. Instead, her brain wracked for a way to deal with the situation. Losing was a distinctly real possibility now, and she’d never hear the end of it from this snob if it did happen. Backing out now would just defeat the point of this entire exchange, as well…

“Alright,” Lucille said, grabbing the other racket. “Isn’t it great we’re both playing a game together?”

She walked off, hoping that Mercedes would be mad enough about playing a game with her after all would make her refuse out of spite. And if Lucille couldn’t end the battle before it had ever started, well…

She was currently retracing her steps back to Mr. Hatou. Someone had to get the net and someone had to be the referee, didn’t they?
    Last edited by Katie; January 16th, 2019 at 01:20 PM.

Elise Pelltier

So laid back! We could all afford to learn something from Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Briggs
    "And I'm glad you like what we've done with the place," Jake continued. "Truth to be told, most of the work was done by the time they hired me. These days I just sweep the floors and keep an eye out for you kids in case any one of you gets into trouble. It's the least that I can do, what with being a former alumni."
    Huh, so Jake was a student here when Pinefall was, well, just a regular small town high school? And he's stuck around in Road's End since then? Most people I know can't wait to leave back home and never come back. Then again, Road's End doesn't smell nearly as bad as my hometown, so that might be a factor.

"So if you ever run into any trouble, Elise, don't be afraid to flag me down when you see me," he added. "I might not be able to help with that psychology stuff and medicine and what-not, but hey, in my books you're all my juniors. Wouldn't be much of a senior if I couldn't throw in some words of vague wisdom every now and then."

Jake gave Elise a sly wink.
    "Thanks, Jake! Glad you're looking out for us," said Elise, "I haven't had a chance to explore the town yet. Any suggestions for places to visit? Any bookstores?"

I've only got so many books with me, and I don't know if Sakura will share those Timothy Zahn novels with me, let alone admit to having them. Gotta make sure my bases are covered.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa

Apparently, there really was someone up here...though not quite the person I've expected. But for the moment, I could not have cared less about him or anyone, really. The view that opened up to us was just absolutely breathtaking; the neverending, now slightly colourful forest, the beautiful blue sky, the rugged cliffs along the shoreline...The complete harmony they have all created, with the different colours and forms seamlessly transitioning into each other...

I felt tears flowing down my cheeks. To hide my face from the others, I quickly walked up to the wooden fence. Hopefully, they'll just think that I wanted to have a better look at the scenery; which was partly true I guess.

For quite some time, I just rested my eyes on the town that has come to be our home for the year. Sitting in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by nothing but nature, so peaceful yet lonely...Resembled the old house way too much, except that it was slightly bigger.

Clearly, the name 'Road's End' was very fitting for such a place. Yet, is it really the end of the road? Those who can see further than just the creations of humans, the journey only really starts here...exploring the beauties of the vast forest, sailing across the ocean...

I was very tempted to observe the map and check some places through one of the tower viewers, but at the same time I didn't want to leave my spot or to really grab the attention of those two; so I just kept staring into the distance, absorbing as much of the view as I could.

I only really came to my senses when the stranger mentioned something about Guildenstern. For the first time since arriving to the outlook, I turned around to observe who the guy was...And clearly, he wasn't exactly normal. His white hair, his posture, the pale skin and sunken eyes, yet he probably wasn't even in his thirties yet. He also had that huge suitcase...How did he even carry it up the hill? I don't recall seeing any marks left by his cane alone the trail either, but maybe I just wasn't thorough enough...

Guildenstern. "You...Are Rosencrantz, I assume..." I said in a quiet, emotionless tone; so quiet my words probably didn't even reach him.

I was tired of making faces and trying to express emotions, so I just kept my apathetic expression. Speaking up a bit more so that they could hear me, I continued ---

"Yeah, this is actually our first day here, so not really familiar with the people. But I guess the same could be said about you" I say as I take a glance at his suitcase, "Though I'm not sure why...or how you carried that thing up here."

"You...Wouldn't happen to know someone called Jack, would you?" I asked, though I wasn't expecting much from his answer. Obviously, he could be just another strange fellow with a diferent cause...
    Last edited by Cheetose; January 16th, 2019 at 06:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “As for me, I was born in a city near Rottwell of West Germany and I grew up in Pfullendorf. So naturally, I’ll have a German accent when I talk. What about you Aleen? You’re clearly American, but I hear America differs as you go from east to west coast.”
    "Yeah, I mean, I suppose?" Aleen answered in a non-committed way as she kept making strange shapes out of napkins. "You got plenty of weird accents no matter where you go, but most of them keep it somewhat sensible. Just don't get me started on Texas. 'Y'all' this and 'Dogie' that, it's pretty ridiculous. I've been 'round a lot so I've got my fair share of it all. Though haven't really heard European accents before this."

As the two of them talked, the fisher girl behind them failed to fight her sleepiness once more and she slumped over, beginning a heavy snoring despite the music blasting from the radio. Judging from how it seemed the jukebox had been repeating the same song over and over, it was either broken or in dire need of more coins to literally change its tune.

"By the way, you really mean you'd tutor me? That'd be super swell. Hate to admit it but I've got a pretty thick head when it comes to all that school stuff so I'mma need all the help I can get," Aleen admitted. "Never was any good with maths or sciences or whatever. Heck, just the thought of numbers makes my head spin, yeah? Dunno why that is."

Ironically enough as she was saying this, Aleen had finished with her fourth napkin folded into a fractal shape, keeping up with absolutely meticulous and perfect symmetry when it came to the pattern.

Some five minutes or more, and Avery Walker returned from the kitchen, carrying two cups of coffee on a tray. A trail of hot vapor rose from them and when she put both of them in front of the girls, on the table, an absolutely irresistible fragrance rose up from them. It was only thanks to them being piping hot that one wouldn't have gulped them down in one go.

Then again, cold coffee tasted absolutely terrible.

"Mmm~!" Aleen exclamed without words as she took her first sip, her feet squirming in delight. "That's some damn good coffee!"

"Clad to hear it, love," Avery answered with a big smile. "Now, how are the two of you finding our little lot of the land? Bet you two haven't been in such boondocks before, what with your city-slicker clothes."

Aleen proceeded to nearly choke in her coffee when hearing that.

Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Good students always get back before curfew!”
    Tommy chuckled loudly at the pure enthusiasm shown by the younger boy. He then proceeded to put away the key ring and pull up his sleeves, rubbing his gloves hands together. It seemed that Colt's enthusiasm was the infectious sort a the owner of the junk lot decided to spend his time in helping the kid sort through the promised land of all things rusted.

"A'ight, let's see if we can't find you that 888 cc sidevalve!" Tommy laughed with a grin. "I wanna hear how that beast of yours rumbles when it's got some pure smoothness under the tank!"

He headed in after Colt, taking his time to scan the surroundings and make a list of what he was seeing. It was possible that Tommy actually had the whole place separated into some sort of category-based piles... but even if he did, it wasn't obvious from the first glance.

"Oh, just a heads up!" Tommy said, throwing aside an old scooter as he climbed atop one of the piles. "Leave that camo tarp alone. I've got a project going on there that's not finished yet."

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Thanks, Jake! Glad you're looking out for us. I haven't had a chance to explore the town yet. Any suggestions for places to visit? Any bookstores?"
    Jake took a moment to rub his chin in deep thought.

"Well... I guess that depends on what you're looking," he finally answered. "Different folks, different strokes and all that. The beach is neat, even if it's not summer anymore. If you get hungry you might wanna try Avery's. Dunno if you got the age yet, but there's always the bar at Big Boy's... Hmm, what else... Well, for hiking freaks and what-not there's the Ghostwood forest. Thought I'd be careful there, it's easy to get lost."

As he spoke, Jake fished out a can of soda from the pocket of his cargo pants and opened it, the can letting out a loud sound as he did so. Then he proceeded to wet his throat a little bit, the fizzy drink sating his parched mouth. After drinking about half of it in one gulp, Jake let out a loud belch and offered the rest of the can to Elise with nothing else but a simple question of: "Want some?"

"And I think that Sue might have some books in stock, though I bet they're all from the British Isles. She's got... that sorta hobby," Jake continued with a lazy grin. "You might also wanna try the library at Owl's Nest. The old coot over there just loves books and keeps filling his basement with them. He's not a bad guy, even though he comes across a bit of a creepo."

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Dormitory, Common Area
    Evening Phase
    Still Sunny in the Evening

The foolish, meaningless banter continues unabated towards the hour of twilight. Pyry basks in Adelaide’s praise, preening like my grandmother’s big, fat cat, Marie Antoinette. And now he “smoothly” invites her to his room. Umm, good luck? No wait, is this really appropriate? Ah, whatever, it’s none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyry Leijonamieli
    That’s…quite something. I don’t think it’s a form of comedy I would feel comfortable replicating. The MMA Champion is quite the people person, it seems. Of course, if that were the complete truth, he would not be here in the first place.

I…might have to adjust my plans a little. Maybe I will be blessed with good fortune tomorrow morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklęun
    "You got lotsa doodles in there. Are ya some sorta drawing-nerd?"
    Wait.

When—no, how—did she manage to get a glimpse of anything?

Wait, did she see—no, she’d have asked a different question.

“Um, well, like I said earlier—”

Quote Originally Posted by Hwan Bin
    "Yo, dweebs! Come check it out! The blonde gal just challenged Mercedes West to a badminton game! They look like they're gonna tear each other's throats out! You don't wanna miss this!"
    ...how irksome.

We all trade glances—well, I have to look down to exchange glances with Ubon. Somehow, it feels like I am supposed to say something, like nobody else will move until I do so. Rather than a position of leadership, it’s just the combination of circumstances.

“Well…I take it that’s our cue?”

But really, that degree of conflict before the very first day is over? Thus far, with the pleasant exception of fair Adelaide, the problem children of Pinefall might be more trouble than they are worth.

Anyway, our Korean classmate’s interruption is no excuse to be rude. While offering Ubon a hand I very well know she does not need, I reclaim my sketchpad with the other.

“Thank you, Ubon, you’re too kind. Shall we check it out?”

Hopefully she doesn’t care enough to remember that last question of hers.

Elise Pelltier

"Well... I guess that depends on what you're looking," he finally answered. "Different folks, different strokes and all that. The beach is neat, even if it's not summer anymore. If you get hungry you might wanna try Avery's. Dunno if you got the age yet, but there's always the bar at Big Boy's... Hmm, what else... Well, for hiking freaks and what-not there's the Ghostwood forest. Thought I'd be careful there, it's easy to get lost."
    Avery's? That must be the pie place. I have got to check it out. As for Big Boy's... well, I'm almost the legal drinking age. In another country.

Jake let out a loud belch and offered the rest of the can to Elise with nothing else but a simple question of: "Want some?"
    "No thanks, not a big fan of soda pop," replied Elise, "I don't like the bubbles."

"And I think that Sue might have some books in stock, though I bet they're all from the British Isles. She's got... that sorta hobby," Jake continued with a lazy grin. "You might also wanna try the library at Owl's Nest. The old coot over there just loves books and keeps filling his basement with them. He's not a bad guy, even though he comes across a bit of a creepo."
    A library? Score! I wanted to head up that way anyway. Too bad this old coot's a creepo.

"Thanks for the suggestions, Jake! I'll be sure to check out Avery's, that's the place with the really good cherry pie, right? And thanks for the tip about the Owl's Nest, I would not have expected there to be a library there."

Elise glanced about conspiratorially.

"By the way, you wouldn't happen to know what's the deal with the sealed off section of the dormitory, would you?"

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & Momoi Hisa

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    “Fraid not, hoss. We’re new in town, no Danes to be seen, just a Finn. That make you Rosencranz? You alright, friendo? Must of been a real pain, hauling that pack up here.”
    The strange man offered the two a tired smile.

"Indeed that would, I suppose. At least, so I think. But, ah, worry not. I am not dead," he said and chuckled lightly. "But yes. Guildenstern and gentle Rosencrantz... or Rosencrantz and gentle Guildenstern. Considering that I am missing Guildenstern out of this equation, that should make me Rosencrantz."

It was an answer... yet at the same time it was not. He spoke softly and of weird things, his intonation a bit all over the place like someone who wasn't fully used to talking, or was talking in a language foreign to them. Yet at the same time his sunken in eyes were clear as the lakes of Washington, making it obvious that he wasn't simply mumbling pure nonsense.

It didn't help make any more sense of what he had said, unfortunately.

"And thank you for your concern," this Rosencrantz continued. "I must admit, sometimes it feels, ah... rather heavy. A bit bothersome, too."

Quote Originally Posted by Momoi
    "Yeah, this is actually our first day here, so not really familiar with the people. But I guess the same could be said about you. Though I'm not sure why...or how you carried that thing up here."
    "Mm, out of necessity I'm afraid," Rosencrantz answered, giving a sympathetic nod to Momoi. "I'd really be nothing without it, and, well... where I go, it follows. Even if I am nowhere close to where I'd need it. It requires customers, that is. Though... you two are here, are you not? Tell me, dear strangers... are you interested in buying a new pair of shoes? I'm a shoe salesman, see."

He gave a light tap to the suitcase with his cane, indicating that was where he stored his wares. And certainly, now that they were this close by, there was this... recognizable smell of well-kept leather shoes hanging around the man. Along with some wormwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Momoi
    "You...Wouldn't happen to know someone called Jack, would you?"
    Rosencrantz stopped. He blinked. Then he stopped again. His stare was enigmatic, searching, as he gazed deep into Momoi's eyes, deeper and deeper to the reaches of the mind the girl had, as if looking for a confirmation. Then, that soft smile of his returned, and an expression of wistful reminiscence took over his face.

"... Sold a pair of boots to a man named 'Jack' once," he spoke, his eyes darting slightly around like he was listening to the forest around them. "Might've been him. Might've been not. There are many Jacks in this world, after all. That's the thing with names, isn't it? Just like a cuckoo's cry to other birds, names make us mistake strangers to loved ones."

The white-haired man lifted one of his frail fingers up.

"They're funny things, that way. Names. And cuckoos, I suppose."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    "Uhm, sorry, I dunno exactly where Estonia is... but I know Europe! It's that small continent to the east, right?"

"Wow... I heard my mom say there'd be students from all over the world, but I thought she meant, like, Texas or something. Never thought one of you'd be from so far away as Europe..."
    “Yup, you got it. Not sure I’d call it that small, but that’s the place, alright.”

“I think most folks are from further afield than the states. A couple of guys are from around these parts, but most of us are from outside the country. Mostly from the “old world” by the looks of it, but there seem to be a fair number of folks from around Asia as well.”

Anna gave the kid a small grin.

“Even have someone from the Middle East, y’know? Or was it North Africa? Hmm… never did end up asking her where she was from...”

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    "Err, Anna? D'ya have any, y'know... siblings? Like, I dunno... older brother?"

"Especially one that acts like a total jerk at times?
    And now we got to the core of the issue. It was a simple sibling rivalry, nothing more. A “normal” problem for what seemed to be a polite and rather ordinary brat. In some ways, it was somewhat of a relief but on the other hand… Well, that type of “normal” wasn’t really something Anna herself was that familiar with.

“No, I don….. Well, I suppose in a way you could say I have a bunch of younger sisters and brothers.”

“So, I suppose I might be more akin to that jerk brother you mentioned? An older sibling, I mean.”
    Last edited by Mellon; January 17th, 2019 at 04:27 AM.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Pinefall High Dormitory - Cesarina's Room.

"Z-Zaza... is, um, is your home life alright?"

I nod absentmindedly, lost in thoughts of the matron and her endearingly homicidal tendencies. I would not be the person I am today if I had not spent so many late nights making sure that the matron would not, in fact, catch me on a leisurely stroll to the library in the dead of night. Nor would I be even close to myself if not for her seemingly infinite capacity for observation.

"No, no, leaving that, um, horrifying image aside...! Zaza! Do I understand this correctly that you have never seen a horror movie, let alone a movie? Not even a one? They are, you know, those things that are like television shows, only they last for hours and have only one episode. Well Star Wars has multiple episodes, but that is besides the point. My point being!"

Close.

Too close.

My eyes cross to examine the finger in front of them, trying to remember that the horrific murder of my classmate is not a good way to start my new school life.

"You have never seen a movie! Correct!?"

The truth of this statement is indeed most correct. I, Alexstrasza Lockhart, have never seen a movie.

"If that is the case, then Zaza... We shall strive to put this room in order during the next two hours! And the rest of the evening, we're watching movies!"

Too much movement, the bed will definitely break if she keeps this up.

"I have everything necessary, even popcorn!"

"Wow, you really are prepared, aren't you?" I say, for lieu of anything else. Absentmindedly, my fingers twirl around the end of a stray strand of hair as I look at the girl. "Couldn't Benito help set up the room, though? Its a bit of a waste, right?"

Not to use it.

This is the problem with me, isn't it? It's definitely the problem. I don't know what's an acceptable topic and what isn't an acceptable topic. One thing is clear, though -

Cesarina Feroce's doll is about as normal as I am. Less so, really - I, after all, am a completely ordinary student, albeit with some... eclectic tastes. Aside from that, there really isn't anything that separates me from the ordinary person. Well.

Almost anything.

A few things.

Maybe more then a few.

A lot is pushing it though, right? I'm definitely ordinary.

"Unless it's too much for a first day to do something like that," I say, casually standing up from the bed and removing a stray spec of dust from my skirt. "Personally, anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time, yes?"
    Last edited by Frantic Author; January 17th, 2019 at 08:40 AM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Cheshire

Adelaide nodded her head at Sakura, thinking it over. It made sense - it's not like England was entirely the same, either. A country was a country, across the pond or not.

She smiled at Pyry as the blush spread across his face, giggling a bit. It was a little funny, seeing how quickly his mood changed; not only did he look like a lion, he seemed to act like one, too. Maybe even more like a large cat?

"W-well, you know how it is! It takes both raw talent and right training... plus some dumb luck. I w-wouldn't call it cool or anything, but if you say so...! Ahaha~, I mean, at least kids seem to think it's cool, so I get to be popular among them! And it beats working on a farm or freezing your ass off herding reindeer!"

"I've never worked on a farm... but I can imagine. Maybe. Maybe not."

She laughed a little, hands splayed over her mouth in seeming apology once more.

What kind of place was it, where you had to apologize for laughing?

"Oh, speaking of which! You know Finland's called the heavy metal capital of the world, right...? Weeeeell, I brought plenty of CDs with me, so if you wanna come listen to them sometime..."

The corner of her mouth twitched. Once, twice, threatening to turn into a smile - but not quite.

"Alone in your room? I don't know, that's a little..."

Adelaide put a delicate finger to her mouth in mock thought, reflecting on Pyry's words - and definitely teasing him, in the mean time. But heavy metal was, in the end, heavy metal.

And he seemed nice.

"I didn't bring a record player, so... I wouldn't mind, I suppose?"

And then-

-She cracked up, covering her mouth, pale legs kicking the side of the chair in a manner that, maybe, was just a little at odds with her appearance?

"What'wha gwonna dwo bwout wit bwotweh?"

She couldn't blame Inacio one bit - Pyry looked ridiculous. But by the time she'd gotten her own laughter a little under control, the door flew open so hard it slammed into the wall. Adelaide's head snapped to look at the white-haired boy standing there, grin a little too wide and sharp for comfort.

But a grin that wasn't really directed at them.

"Yo, dweebs! Come check it out! The blonde gal just challenged Mercedes West to a badminton game! They look like they're gonna tear each other's throats out! You don't wanna miss this!"

She locked eyes with Pyry and Sakura, the three looking at each other in a moment of confusion. She... didn't really-

That is to say-

She wasn't going to-

Adelaide broke eye contact first, glancing at the door.

Better than being alone.

Raising an eyebrow, she pointed her thumb to the doorway in an unspoken question.

Shall we?
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "By the way, you wouldn't happen to know what's the deal with the sealed off section of the dormitory, would you?"
    "... You know what, I have no idea."

Jake's expression grew a bit troubled. He glanced back towards the dormitories, where they could both see the stark difference between the parts where students now lived and the parts where they weren't allowed to go. It wasn't just lights in the windows. There was this aura of... disquiet hanging over the abandoned area. It seemed more than just devoid of life, it was more as if there was a certain sense of foreboding within those silent walls.

"See, back when I went to Pinefall, we didn't use the dorms," Jake explained. "Didn't have a reason since we were all from 'round the town. But the building was there, sure. Just, the whole thing was boarded up. We even tried to sneak in, but were always caught by the old janitor. A scary woman if any. I think she works at the Big Boy's bar these days? Anyways, we never got much more than a look through the windows, but it always made me feel a little at unease."

He wasn't kidding. Jake shivered a bit when he recounted his experience. Looks like he had seen the same ruins that Elise had, and had the exact same thoughts that she had about how it looked.

"And by the time I got this job, they had already renovated the parts where you live now," he continued. "Didn't even give me keys to over there. Say what you want, but I think they're intent on keeping students away from that place. Though... can it really be that dangerous?"

In the end, Jake shrugged.

"But who knows? Maybe it's just another part of our small town weirdness."

Anna Vandemeel
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “No, I don….. Well, I suppose in a way you could say I have a bunch of younger sisters and brothers. So, I suppose I might be more akin to that jerk brother you mentioned? An older sibling, I mean.”
    Shane's eyes went wide.

"Wait, you're a jerk!?" he seemed a bit shocked, taking a surprised step back... only to realize what he had done, and sheepishly step back forward. "Err, no offence. Just that... um, you don't seem like a jerk, Anna? If anything, you look kinda cool."

Emotions clear on his face, Shane caught up to what he had just said and blushed furiously, looking away from the older girl. Drilled-in good manners and honest opinions only possible from a 12 year old kid mixed into a goofy mess that was a bit embarrassed to talk with a young woman such as Anna. Some might have found it endearing, others might have found it annoying, but it certainly was way to live that people seemed to lose once they got older. Perhaps the naivete of kids beget some sort of purity in their behavior.

"P-plus, you're not nearly as bad of a jerk as my bro!" Shane hurried to add. "Just today he hid my game console just 'cause I don't go out to play with friends! It's not fair!"

Having worked himself into a huff, Shane kicked the sand out of frustration.

"... I don't even got friends in this bodunk town."

Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Pinefall High Dormitory - Cesarina's Room

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Couldn't Benito help set up the room, though? Its a bit of a waste, right?"
    Cesarina blinked.

"Umm... Zaza? Benito is just a stuffed toy," she said, sounding a little confused. "I know it is my master-crafted premium creation and very life-like, but... it is nothing but a toy."

As if to emphasize her point, Cesarine poked Benito with her finger, causing the doll to fall to its side on the bed. There it laid, its colorful button eyes staring straight at Alexstrasza in way that was almost blaming, as if the doll was trying to say: You did this. You made this happen. But that was all it was. Just a toy. Just like Cesarina had demonstrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Unless it's too much for a first day to do something like that. Personally, anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time, yes?"
    "Not at all!" Cesarina answered with a grin and brandished a vacuum cleaner she had produced from somewhere. "How about you stack stuff on that bed, I vacuum the floor underneath, and then we'll sort the pile out in their proper places? The first one to finish that part gets to choose today's movie! I got all kinds of genres, with many different monsters. There is dream demons, there is masked slashers, there is ghosts and poltergeists, there is vampires, there is cars that eat people, there is dogs that eat people, there is aliens that I guess eat people? Oh, then there are psychic girls, possessed girls, murderer girls, murdered girls... and something weird about corn and children?"

Having rattled off quite the list, Cesarina began to vacuum the floor furiously... all few inches of it that were still visible.