Page 30 of 244 FirstFirst ... 20252829303132354080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Dormitory - Kitchen
    Morning Phase
    Overcast

“Hmm. Is this what they call ‘great minds think alike’?”

Those are John’s words upon setting foot in the kitchen, his half-smile aimed at Elise Marie Pelltier. The day before he had idly wondered about Sakura Tsukioka’s kitchen conquest plan, and to whether the school staff would let her get away with it. Mr. Hatou’s words the previous night have reignited that curiosity, so there he is.

Then again, Sakura…

“Well, somebody set herself loose last night.”

If the sight of Sakura Tsukioka surprises John, he does not show it on his face. After all, he does not judge. He never judges. There is no point in judging.

“Well, I don’t know if there is anything I can do, but nevertheless, I am here in case you need something,” he says while not really looking at the girl defeated by her own choices.

After placing a glass of cool water next to the bubbling brew Sakura called coffee, John aims for the frosted flakes; as good a start for a breakfast as anything. When he stretches his arms to reach for a bowl, he stoically ignores the muscular ache the world seeks to burden him with.

That pain is falsity, after all.

“Want some?” he offers to Elise, shaking the cereal box as if luring a small animal.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; February 8th, 2019 at 08:38 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994 (WED)
    Weather: Overcast

The running seemed to help. Making my rounds, my mind started becoming clearer, and after 2 laps or so, I actually noticed that there was someone else on the field. It...Was Mercedes, the girl with the seemingly godawful personality...A person that I had absolutely no idea how to approach, and I was already afraid of the consequences of talking to her.

But then again, it can't really get worse than yesterday.

Finishing my next lap, I stopped next to the girl.

"Hey there, how are you doing?"

I was thinking very hard about what to say. I didn't know much about the girl...Or, rather, I couldn't really think of anything positive to say.

"I liked your song yesterday. You have a really nice voice...Is is something you trained for your actress career, or do you just like music?"

Looking at her, she seemed to be fairly athletic as well. My eyes wandered towards the high jump spot; the pole was set fairly high, kind of confirming my assumption.

"...I guess you are good at sports as well, but then, with a body like that, I would not expect any less..."

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters
    Date: 08.09.1994 (WED)

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "What about you, Ringo? You get up to any late-night rendezvous? Or were you off with Morpheus, rechargin' those batteries?"
    Kean snorted, spearing another hash brown with his fork.

"Yeah, I'm just an incurable party animal. Can't stop holding these 10 hour sleeping extravaganzas in my bed where I do nothing but snore as loudly as I can," he answered with a crooked smile. "Those type of parties are the best type of parties. Invite-only, and only my favorite guests get to come: namely, me. It's a blast, really."

Chuckling dryly to himself, the boy took a good, hearty swig of his coffee and enjoyed its taste, smacking his lips. For a moment, his eyes wandered in the others that were in the cafeteria, lazily taking a note of who they were and their appearance and what they were doing. Then, growing tired with this activity, he returned to eating by eliminating a piece of bacon from his plate.

"Drumming's hard work, must've taken a lot out of you, least it ain't working with high explosives. What about you, that drumset put some bad influences into your soul? Not getting up to any trouble?"
    "Oh yeah. Nothing but sex, drugs and rock and roll the moment I woke up. Well, my sex was when my toothbrush got frisky and activated my gag-reflex, my drugs were those two anti-depressants I took this morning and my rock & roll came in form of that horrible music they played to wake us up," Kean said, waving his fork around like a magic wand. "But I think the most trouble I had was when this tomboy of a musclehead decided to sit in my table to chat me up."

Kean mocked a scared expression and scooted his chair a little back.

"I fear for my virginity, really. I'll never be a wizard at this rate."

Then, with a bout of another dry laughter, he scooted back and focused on his breakfast once more. The only time he stopped it was to whisper something under his breath that only Elaine caught, which he followed by flashing her a lopsided grin.

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Ack-! It's so bitter!"
    "WAN!"

Apparently concerned that Prushka had hurt herself with the coffee, Tonkori jumped up from Subaru's lap and onto the table, running up to the smaller girl to lick her face. Once he decided that she had been healed by the licks, the puppy turned his attention to the cup of coffee that was the reason for this hurt and growled at it ferociously in an attempt to intimidate the black beast... or, well, as an Akita Inu puppy could.

"A-are you alright, Prushka?" Subaru said, looking worried and handing the other girl a handkerchief. "Um, you should not drink coffee so carelessly. I have learned that it is quite the powerful beverage, best served with a smidgen of other condiments."

Looking at Subaru's own coffee, what she meant became quite clear. After all, her cup was filled 50% with milk, 45% cream and 5% coffee. It more resembled just a pure white hole of nothingness than anything even closely related to coffee. This detail told that most likely Subaru herself had quite the sensitive tongue, which was supported by the fact that she was eating nothing but porridge this morning... fact that Tonkori seemed very sad about.

"But, um, good morning to you too. It is good to see that the salve worked for you," Subaru continued, pointing at Prushka's cheek that had no trace of a bruise to be found anymore. "How are you feeling? You... you look quite tired, actually. Do you want some energy supplements? I think I have some in my school bag."

As the Japanese girl started rummaging through her 'wares', she set to the table all sorts of nick-knacks that seemed more fitting for a temple of her own country than to be in a bag of a modern school girl.

Thirty seconds of searching later, Subaru seemed to realize something and lifted her gaze back to Prushka.

"Um, what did you mean by 'set up'?" she asked, tilting her head quizzically. "A formal meeting of sorts? Or a duel?"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"No, Tonkori, that's my wake up juice!"

Here, chew on this bacon for a bit, alright? I appreciate the help, but coffee is one opponent I have to defeat myself.

...well, maybe I can cheat off of someone's test. So you have to drown it out with other stuff, huh?

I tear open five sugar packets and dump them into the cup at once, then start stirring.

"And the salve was great. It's uh... it's the second-nicest present anyone's ever given me. But if I accept any more of your stuff I'll feel guilty, so let's leave it at that until we're even, alright? When one friend just mooches off of another, that's called exploitation and it's awful."

Glad to see she's doing well at least. If Subaru of all people was also in a sour mood, that'd have been definite proof that this whole school is cursed.

Now, is this new, transformed coffee any more palatable...?

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru
    "Um, what did you mean by 'set up'? A formal meeting of sorts? Or a duel?"
    Subaru's only half responsible for the coffee's sudden invasion into my windpipe. The other half is because it's still awful! No, somehow, the sugar only made it taste worse! How in the world did that guy chug these!?

I'll just have to put in even more sugar!

"N-not the second one..." I manage to choke out after I clear my throat a few dozen times. "But not really the first, either?"

Ugh. This is why humans are awful. Why are there so many languages!? Why is the quality of education so low that people from one country can't understand people from another!? English is an awful language! No, every language is awful, but English is definitely the worst one!

"Wait, I think I know the word..." I try to remember the unremarkable woman that I argued with on my fifteenth birthday. She was Asian, and kinda pretty, and had long hair and was very gentle until I got her angry, and I overheard her talking about how her parents wanted to introduce a guy to her through an...

"Omiai. That was it. It's like an omiai."

Man, I'm so smart.

Speaking of smart, now that there's coffee in my body, my hyper intelligent brain is waking up! Memories of yesterday are coming into focus, along with...!

"Oh right! That Friend Contest thing." I lift up the coffee (plus ten sugars) once more. "How did it go? You're winning, right? Even if you're, not, that's fine. It's just a stupid contest. Nothing to lose sleep over."

Ack. Still awful.

Elaine Winters

Elaine paused in her eating for a moment to put a finger to her chin thoughtfully, eyes trailing around the cafeteria idly as she considered his words, pausing to wave at Gabi and Ubon.

"You've got a good dozen years or so before you're looking to get any fancy powers, Mr. Wizard, although..."

Her eyes flitted back to him, her smile hopping a few degrees upward and her accent a few degrees southward, arms pinning the slightly too-big sweater close to her as she leaned in.

"Afraid for your purity? My, my, Mr. Loinnir, are you finding me attractive? But I just can't see what's got an eager, athletic outgoing young lady like myself in so many of my male compatriot's good books."

Then she leaned back, the sweater loosening as she chortled to herself, "Then I'll have to pick up by downing some meat, and swallowing down some juices, no? It's the only way I'll ever catch up to such an incorrigible party animal."

Her eyes glinted at the whispered remark, and her hands spread out, bowing her back in a stretch, the skin growing taut and boldly displaying the scars on her hands.

"Not too worried, though, I've handled a few animals in my time, of course, and I always come back swinging."
    Last edited by Mormarth; February 8th, 2019 at 09:05 PM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Date: 08.09.1994.

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

As she climbed the stairs towards the lighthouse, a fresh breeze mixed in with the strong scent of the salty sea wafted over Vivienne. It all blended perfectly to create a calm and serene atmosphere, complimenting a beautifully scenic setting. It could make the finest of inspirational material for an artists' canvas, really... yet the shadow cast by the imposing lighthouse threw a certain feeling of uneasiness, something different from the peaceful, reassuring nature -- almost like an icon of dread and gloom that tainted the picture.

And to all of this, resounded the cacophony of a woman, who was conversing rather intently with 'someone'.

"...?"

Vivienne tilted her head as she saw what was going on. She stopped for a bit, looking around her as if to determine if there was simply someone that she hadn't noticed... but then the way this person was acting... it was as if the other participant of the conversation was right in front of her.

None of this deterred Vivienne however, but then how could one tell how she felt about all of this? All that she had to show was a face devoid of emotions.

Vivienne quietly approached the lady, stopping a few meters away from her as to not intrude on her personal space, before quietly uttering:

"...hello?"

It was the only way she would've gotten that person's attention, most likely. Who knows how long she'd spend here if she just waited for the 'spectacle' to unravel and finish...

Elise Pelltier
    Date: 07.09.1994

Elise's eyes fell on the ice pack Sakura was holding to her head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Tsukioka
    "Oh, hey there, Elise.... What's up? Up for breakfast? I think there's still some frosted marshmallow flakes left if you want them... and there's still plenty of coffee."

"... I don't recommend the coffee,"
    "Sakura! Your head- Are you alright?" asked Elise with more than a hint of worry in her voice, "I know first aid, so I can take a look at it if you want. Have you seen the nurse? Are you feeling dizzy, or have a headache?"

She glanced down and eyed the coffee with suspicion. It was a vile black tar that she was fairly certain that no amount of sugar and cream could hope to redeem.

"I'll, uh, pass on that coffee. Thanks."

Quote Originally Posted by John Dove
    “Hmm. Is this what they call ‘great minds think alike’?”
    John entered the kitchen, and Elise spared a quick glance in his direction before turning her attention back to Sakura.

"Oh! Good morning, John! Huh, it's a veritable bus reunion."

Quote Originally Posted by John Dove
    “Want some?”
    John offered the box of Frosted Flakes, giving the box a shake as he did so.

"Yeah, I'll grab them in a minute, thanks! Serve yourself up first."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Date: 08.09.1994

In the beginning, it almost seemed as if was trying to size her up. It was all there. The tongue clicking, the folded arms, the aggressive speech, the slightly edgy dress code - all of it was more than eager to paint him as a “take no shit from anyone” type of rowdy teen or street punk.

Though maybe she shouldn’t be that eager to comment on the matter. It's not as if she herself was that much different, really. Glass houses and all.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "Anyways, I hear you've been hanging with my bro. Got any reason for it? Or are you just the type to cheer up those who'd have their family members be total jerks?"
    His carefully crafted image lasted just to the point where he opened his mouth, upon which the words that actually came out of it shattered it completely. He was still strangely aggressive, but now it just seemed like something to mask his inherent embarrassment. Honestly, the two brothers might have more in common than she thought.

They both had the habit of trying to cover up their awkwardness with indignation, at least.

“Hah. Yeah, I suppose you can say that.” Anna gave a small shrug of her shoulders. “He seemed to be alone and in a shitty mood, so I just chatted with him a bit.”

“No reason or purpose for it, really.”

“I just don’t like seeing sad kids, that’s all.”

"Also got told you treated him to some food out of your own pocket. What's up with that?"

"I don't like that people have to spend their money on us and then even don't bother getting reimbursed."

"You treated my bro so here. I ain't leaving until you take them. You deserve it."
    Oi, oi, seriously?

Now he was trying to get her to take some cash for the restaurant trip yesterday. It was still cloaked in his pseudo-aggressive speech, but… It looked like he was trying to thank her?

“That’s because I really didn’t do it to be reimbursed, you know?” A small, but troubled, a sigh escaped Anna’s lips as her eyes met with the redhead in front of her. “Fine. I kind of feel like you would pester me to hell and back, otherwise.”

Well, that and since he was already going out of his way (and being quite self-conscious about it), Anna decided not to drag things out too much. She took the two bills extended towards her by the red-hooded youth and slipped them into the pocket of her gray and black tracksuit jacket. It was a bit more than she had originally spent though…

A wave of amusement washed over her.

Suppose I could use the extra to buy Shane some ice cream or something.

“Now that that’s out of the way…” Anna turned her attention back on the red-head. “You know my name, but I don’t really know yours.”

“So some kind of introductions are in order, no?” The Estonian girl extended her hand towards the grungy-looking young man in front of her. “As you already know, I’m Anna Vandemeel.

"You can just call me Anna though.”

“No need to put you through the trial of trying to say my last name again.” The corners of her mouth flickered upwards for a moment in wry amusement. "Was a pretty bad failure the first time around, after all.”

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

I woke in a manner befitting someone like me; that is, in a tangle of limbs almost falling out of my bed. With a yawn, I stood up, peering around the room. It's about as empty as I originally remember it; because unlike Cesarina Feroce, I don't actually have that many things.

It's a simple, slightly barren sort of room. I nod in approval at it, quite liking my settings as I wander to my bathroom, brushing my teeth as I raise a hand to scratch at my hair. It's one of my faults, really - I'm terribly useless in the morning. I'll need to wake up a bit.

My eyes light up as I remember one of the things I have yet to use at Pinefall, and I exit my room after changing.

Alexstrasza Lockhart

I enter the pool, already preparing to wake up in order to seize the rest of this day. Last night, after all, I had scarcely the chance to swim; and not really a chance to adjust to the already strange world of Pinefall as it was. I often swam in the mornings at my previous school, so why not continue that trend?
    Tying up my hair as I enter, I start to stretch, which was something I was always told was extremely important before exercise. If you are not properly limber, then you cannot truly enter a state of serenity as you laze about in the water. A nod of approval as I close my eyes, feeling the tension slowly leaving my back as I arch, letting the full extent of my limbs stretch as far as they can.

I can tell already--

It's going to be a wonderful day.
    Last edited by Frantic Author; February 9th, 2019 at 09:46 AM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

The bike ride through Road’s End was relaxing. It looked like a picturesque town with absolutely no secrets behind it. The roads were spacious and relaxing. It lacked the hustle and bustle of the city that I was used to. The low buildings allowing me to see the sky if there weren’t any overcast clouds. Also I could see the sea. Not some small lake that I could swim across if worst came to worst, but the sea with boats slowly leaving a harbor.

However, I knew there was something wrong with this town. After all, I wouldn’t be in a quiet, little town like this if it was perfectly normal. I would’ve been anonymous in some giant city where tracking someone is nigh impossible. In fact, the way some people looked at me was very interesting. I can understand curiosity like how Mrs. Avery was yesterday, but outright suspicion? Why would they be suspicious unless there was something more to this town?

As expected, I’ll have to be careful around some of the locals. Mrs. Avery and Cathie seem to be fine in terms of regular reactions. The elderly or more settled in persons, I’ll have to be more cautious around. While I was thinking about this revelation, I finally got to the Owl’s Nest Hotel which acted as a pseudo-library according to Aleen.

The Hotel looked like it has seen better days. I imagine at one point in time it was full of visitors, but it looks like it was going through some harder times. Thankfully, it was still being used judging by how I could see some cars in the parking lot still. So just a gradual decay.

Opening the building’s door told a different story as the reception desk, the sign of welcome, was cluttered with paperwork. Which meant either residents of Road’s End stayed here or more likely not kept clean. I decided to keep my options open until I properly viewed some of them.

I finally stepped into the premise and started looking for an employee. I can imagine there aren’t ma- I felt a presence behind me. I pulled my gig bag closer to me and I turned around to find an older man staring down at me.

"... And you are, young lady? Are you sure you are in the right place?"

I composed myself from the sudden appearance of whom I’m presuming is James Halloway the owner of Owl’s Nest. I stared in his general direction trying to make sense of him and where he came from.

“My name is Vier Wolff, I’m one of the recent arrivals from Mr. Oceandrop’s program. It’s nice to meet you Mr. Halloway I’m presuming,” I gave him a slight smile and curtsy towards him. “I heard from a friend that you had an unofficial library here and I was hoping that you would be kind enough to let me read a little bit.”

I think I understand why she told me to wait until the niece is here. Because James Halloway is definitely in the elderly, settled group that was suspicious of me and places me on an edge.

Blog Entries
    Elise Pelltier & John Dove
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THU)

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Sakura! Your head- Are you alright? I know first aid, so I can take a look at it if you want. Have you seen the nurse? Are you feeling dizzy, or have a headache?"
    The brunette girl chuckled and shook her head at Elise, implying that things weren't bad enough to require actual medical help.

"Nah, that's alright... But thanks anyways, Elise," she answered. "I'm just dead tired after all that running around I did for the Beach Party. Really pushed myself to the limit, I did."

As John entered the room, Sakura greeted him with a lazy wave.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Well, somebody set herself loose last night.”
    Sakura groaned at that, slowly leaning forward only to end up sprawled on the table. Her head then lifted up to look at the two other students, and she blew an errant lock of hair from her face. All in all, this was perhaps the first time the two of them had seen the girl so without energy. The bags under her eyes also told their own tale.

"No I didn't, I just... pulled an all-nighter of sorts," Sakura mumbled. "And now I'm paying the price. The things I do for my friends..."

She yawned heartily to punctuate her words.

“Well, I don’t know if there is anything I can do, but nevertheless, I am here in case you need something.”
    Hearing this, Sakura flashed a smile towards the boy, thankful.

"Thanks John, you're a darling," she answered. "But I don't think you can somehow cancel the school day so I could just sleep this all away. So... for now I guess I'll settle for some orange juice from a fridge."

With sluggish movement, Sakura scooped up some cereal from her bowl and slurped them down, smacking her lips at the, in all honesty, horrible sugary taste.

"... Ubon has such weird taste when it comes to cereal," she muttered. "Should probably suggest she visits a dentist in the near future."

Momoi Hisa

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    "Hey there, how are you doing?"
    Mercedes, who had apparently just finished her complex warm-up, rolled her eyes at the greeting of the other girl, the thought of: "And here's this then." clear on her face. The starlet hardly looked like someone who wanted to engage in small-talk, but at the very least she stopped what she was doing and turned towards the scarred girl, hands on her hips.

"Fine, I suppose?" Mercedes answered, making a vague gesture with her hand. "I mean, the food they serve in that cafeteria is, like, total garbo so I had to skip breakfast. But I'll just eat, I dunno, apple or something later."

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    "I liked your song yesterday. You have a really nice voice... Is is something you trained for your actress career, or do you just like music? ...I guess you are good at sports as well, but then, with a body like that, I would not expect any less..."
    Again, Mercedes rolled her eyes.

"Girl, my job is to be perfect. If I'm not, like, best at what I do I might as well go whore myself out on one of the strip-clubs of LA," she answered, sounding a bit annoyed. "That's what it means to make your living with your looks alone. I mean, gawd, can you imagine me flipping burgers or, like, sweeping floors? Yeah, not gonna happen~. Ergo, I make myself perfect and hope age don't catch up till I've got myself pretty little sum for early retirement."

Looking somewhat impatient, Mercedes checked the sports-watch on her wrist, a high-tech looking thing that had more information reading on its screen than anyone would ever need.

"Anyways, what do you want?" Mercedes continued, looking back at Hisa with an appraising eye. "You do, like,realize that I'm the pretty vicious type and you're the ugly kind type, and never shall the two meet, right? You can't take advantage of your own strengths if you're, like, seen hanging out with me. Others'll think you're a suck-up desperate for popularity. They're already giving you unneeded pity because of those, right?"

Mercedes gestured towards Hisa's burn scars.

"Giving the, like, more wrong ideas ain't gonna help you, girl."

Once again the words of Mercedes West were harsh, nasty and utterly without mercy... but there was some actual advice in there too; one spoken without a shred of dressing it up in niceties.

Prushka

"Oh right! That Friend Contest thing. How did it go? You're winning, right? Even if you're, not, that's fine. It's just a stupid contest. Nothing to lose sleep over."
    Prushka might as well been talking to empty air.

After all, the moment the word 'omiai' had left her lips, Subaru Iburi had frozen up completely, her face becoming a complete blank canvas filled with echoes of surprise. Tonkori, now munching a hefty piece of bacon, tilted his head worriedly at his own and nudged the girl with his nose. This did nothing. Indeed, the emptiness in Subaru's eyes was a very different kind from the one she had shown earlier. This was less creepy, and more... more like someone who had been sucker-punched without any warning.

And then.

Very suddenly.

BANG!

Subaru Iburi's head met the table with a loud clonk as the girl lost all control of her body. Redness that made her clothing pale in comparison filled her face, a blush of such magnitude that it was a small wonder steam wasn't rising from Subaru's ears. The small girl's body was shivering and she was holding her head, both from the pain and from the apparently million inappropriate thoughts running through her head.

"O-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-" Subaru squeaked like a broken record. "O-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-"

Tonkori gave Prushka a worried look... only to recoil in surprise when Subaru suddenly jumped up on her seat and slammed her hands onto the table, directing that absolutely, ultimately, completely embarrassed expression at the other girl.

"OMIAI!?" Subaru exclaimed in a voice that made everyone else in the cafeteria fall silent for a moment. "W-w-w-what are you talking about, Prushka!? M-m-m-m-m-myself could never get even entertain the thought of marrying such a b-b-b-b-b-beast! That... that would be most unorthodox and immoral! The v-v-v-v-very thought makes my skin crawl in fear!"

She leaned in closer, and in truth, Subaru's eyes were starting to look a bit scary right about now.

Crazy and scary.

"T-t-t-to allow that brute a sanctified, nay, encouraged a-a-a-access to my personae, to let him treat me a-a-a-as he wished, w-w-w-without any way to fight back, c-c-c-c-completely at the mercy of his hands every waking minute, l-l-l-l-leaving me with no choice b-but to endure as he... he... he would treat me as a toy, like a possession!" Sakura continued to work herself into even more of a frenzy. "A-absolute depravity, I say! A complete mockery of the holy union that m-marriage is! A c-c-corrupted way of life w-where I would never be s-s-s-safe from him and his desires and his overwhelming s-s-strength that I could not fight back against and would be handled as n-nothing more than an object to be treated h-h-however he wants, and, and, and----!"

At this point, even Tonkori seemed to have a dry expression on his face as he stared at his owner.

The reason was pretty obvious.

After all, even though she was describing something rather horrible, the heavy panting of Subaru told another story entirely.

Elaine Winters

"Not too worried, though, I've handled a few animals in my time, of course, and I always come back swinging."
    Kean chuckled dryly at the whole theatrical showing of her body that Elaine put up, grinning that lopsided grin of his like he was very used to interacting in this way. Never truly serious about anything, having a sarcastic remark to throw about everything... that seemed to be the way he worked. But while he usually made the effort to at least appear normal and polite in front of others, it seemed that Elaine was not met with same sort of courtesy.

"Be careful there. Animals come in lots of different types," he answered, and cocked an eyebrow. "Party animals like myself are a one thing, but you, meathead, I think you're a total different sort of beast... at least judging from yesterday. I think poor Souma Nubatama is afraid of showing his face around here after feeling so hunted."

Meanwhile, as Elaine had waved to few of the friends she had in cafeteria, she had gotten the usual sort of quiet, almost demure, wave back from Gabi who was sipping on his orange juice through a straw. However, from Ubon... there wasn't any sort of reaction. Indeed, the usually hyper sort of girl seemed to be uncharacteristically calm today. Well, maybe not calm. Quiet was more like it.

Then again, that might have had something to do with with the big black eye she was sporting, along with a sulking expression.

"... But then again, there are other types out here, too," Kean remarked, his voice and expression more serious this time. "Honestly. Whoever went and punched Ubon Sĕeklęun like that... I'd call them an animal alright."

It seemed that Kean had noticed the same thing as Elaine.

Vivienne Bianchi
    [BGM]

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "...hello?"
    "Jesus Christ!"

Recoiling in surprise at the sudden interruption of her, apparently solitary, dialogue, the girl with the red hair spun around on her heels and seemed ready to deck Vivienne right in the face. Only the clear realization that she didn't know this younger girl before her took the wind out of those sails, and instead left the girl with an expression of confusion... and eventually dawning realization. Well, it made sense. After all, this was a small town. Everybody knew everybody. And if she didn't recognize Vivienne, that left with only one possible explanation.

Down below, waves slowly crashes against the cliffs as the mist rolled and coiled at the beach that had been the setting of last night's party.

"... Huh? Who're you? One of the new Pinefall kids?" The redhead asked, folding her arms and cocking an eyebrow. "Why're you snooping around here? Don't you guys have a school day or something?"

She... seemed rather confrontational. At least judging from her body language, she wasn't all that happy to see Vivienne here. Whatever she had been doing, talking to herself, she had been interrupted and it was quite clear that this young woman didn't have an especially mild temper. On the contrary, she was already tapping her foot against the rocky ground in an irritated manner.

"Well? What is it?" she pressed on.

Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “So some kind of introductions are in order, no? As you already know, I’m Anna Vandemeel. You can just call me Anna though. No need to put you through the trial of trying to say my last name again. Was a pretty bad failure the first time around, after all.”
    The young man grimaced and clicked his tongue, clearly annoyed about... well, what he was annoyed about wasn't all too clear, but he was annoyed about something alright!"Yeah, I know. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to butcher it that bad, but didn't know if it's pronounced differently than usual," the young man answered. "I'll call you Anna until I can actually say your last name without mangling it. Though if it feels weird to call you by your last name, I won't. Whatever."

Though his attitude was rude and aggressive in strange ways, the way he shook Anna's hand was firm and to the point. He even kept a honest, polite eye-contact during it, something that not many these days did. Whoever had raised him had done a pretty good job, even if the boy himself was a bundle of mixed signals and odd behavior.

"I'm Zane. Zane Mitchell," he introduced himself, before rolling his eyes. "And yeah, our parents thought it hilarious our names are basically the same. So don't tease Shane about it. It's a bit of a sore spot for bro."

With the introductions being over, Zane let go of Anna's hand and took a step back, once again glaring at her... well, not her specifically. It was more like he was glaring at the 'whole' of her and what she looked like. As he did so, he chewed on the inside of his cheek, perhaps thinking about it. Only five seconds later he put those thoughts to words.

"Yeah, I can kinda see why my bro called you 'totally awesome' and 'cool'. You do kinda look like his favorite superhero, Psylocke," Zane commented out of nowhere. "Eh, I suppose you're cool in my books too. Though in different sense. 'Be cautious around girls wearing Adidas' as my pops used to say."

For a moment, Zane stayed silent.

"... I have no idea what the hell he meant, either," he admitted with a curt shrug.

New Person Met!

Alexstrasza Lockhart

If there was one part of the Pinefall High Campus that had always, even before the Oceandrop Program, been the pride and joy of the whole town, it must have been the pool of the school. The facilities were top-notch and it was clear the janitor had spent a good, long while cleaning the place for a possible daily use. The large shower rooms, far too big for just 29 students, the comfy locker rooms, the various trophies that the previous swimming team of Pinefall had earned lined up in the hallway outside... it all practically screamed of a long history and many joyous moments in this building.

And as Alexstrasza Lockhart entered the actual pool, she was hit with another doze of atmosphere. The smell of pure water and chlorine, along with that artificial edge that everything had, it made this a very different situation from that on the beach last night. Plus, even to the door of the girl's locker room, one could feel the warmth of the water that was much more pleasant than that of the ocean.

Still.

Nostalgia and smell of chlorine weren't the only things that Alexstrasza was hit by.

No.

Almost as if timed perfectly, the moment the blonde took her first steps out of the locker room and into the actual pool, she was hit by a wave of water that splashed from the pool itself as two large bodies collided into it, having jumped into the cerulean depths at high speeds and with lot of force behind it. At the same time some old rock & roll song blared from the PA system, being a bit too good a coincidence in its lyrics to not be set up on purpose.

Or that's how it felt anyway.

And after being soaked to the bone thanks to the small tidal wave, Alexstrasza finally got a look at the culprits of this all when they both resurfaced, laughing their asses off so that the whole room echoed.

--- Pyry Leijonamieli, looking like a the tale of Adonis come to life.

--- Travis Gagnon, much more slim and wiry but still a quite feast for the eyes.

"Oh goddammit! This place's the best! To hell with breakfast, I'm spending my mornings here!" Travis cackled, floating in the water. "The only loser I have to deal with is your freakish body and moronic brain!"

"Yeah, well, Souma and I are the only ones who'll tolerate you being a total ass, so it's not like you got any choice," Pyry shot back, grinning at the other boy. "Especially after you got chewed up by that Momoi girl."

"--- The fuck? How'd ya hear that?" Travis growled, but received only a sly shrug from Pyry as a response.

"Small school, word travels fast," the lanky boy laughed and switched to a backstroke. "You should hear the rumors they got floating on 'bout that R---- Ah."

In that, Pyry's eyes locked to those of Alexstrasza Lockhart, and the boy seemed to realize what had just happened. Travis followed his gaze and ended up staring at the soaked girl as well.

The two of them had very different reactions after few seconds of awkward silence.

"... Err, sorry. Didn't see you there," Pyry grunted, trying to avoid the blonde's eyes.

Travis just bellowed out a cackling laugh, clearly finding joy in the misery of others.

Vier Wolff
    [BGM]

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “My name is Vier Wolff, I’m one of the recent arrivals from Mr. Oceandrop’s program. It’s nice to meet you Mr. Halloway I’m presuming. I heard from a friend that you had an unofficial library here and I was hoping that you would be kind enough to let me read a little bit.”
    The old man narrowed his eyes slightly at the sight of Vier, clearly giving her a once-over to see just what sort of girl she was. Scratching his bushy beard, he then nodded. Maybe he had found something he had been looking for in her or maybe he simply believed her now that she was one of the new students... whatever the case, the man was hard to read thanks to his stone-like expression that was surprisingly intense. He must've been quite the scary-looking person back in the day.

"... I see. One of Daniel's students, then. Welcome to Owl's Nest Hotel... understaffed as we are," he spoke, his voice like two boulders grinding against each other. "And yes. A library. Since this town has none, I have taken it upon myself to use the basement to store any books I can find. If you wish to use it, you're free to do so. Just take the stairs to the basement corridor. Third door on your right. It's marked with a sign that says 'Library'. Don't snoop around the other parts of the basement, though. Those rooms are for employees only."

Walking over to the cluttered reception desk, Mr. Halloway sat down on the old-looking chair and rifled through some of the papers until he found what he was looking for. It seemed like a guest list of sorts, with some times and other scribbles written in the margins. He followed one of those names with his finger, before finding something that made him tap the paper with his finger.

"Our Canadian guest is currently there, so if you have any trouble, ask from her. She has used the library many times during her stay. In short, if you wish to loan some of the books, you must write out what you have loaned and when you intend to return them, along with a phone number or a posting address if we need to look for those books. This service comes out of my own pocket, so I'd rather not start hounding someone because of due-to-return books... but I will. So don't even think about stealing any of them," he explained, his eyes drilling a hole through Vier. "Especially since I know exactly where to find you Pinefall students. We all will have much better time if you follow the rules."

Finished with his lecture-slash-warning, James Halloway set aside the paper and took out another one, empty this time, and wrote something down on it. Then, he shot a glance at Vier under his brows.

"... Will you be having breakfast? It is still being served, and it is quite delicious if I must say so myself," the owner of the hotel suddenly asked. "The fact that you're here this early tells me you most likely didn't eat back at your school."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 10th, 2019 at 12:29 AM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Dormitory – Kitchen
    Morning Phase
    Overcast

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Tsukioka
    ”So... for now I guess I'll settle for some orange juice from a fridge.”
    “Consider it done,” says John quietly as he acts to fulfill the Japanese girl’s request. “But you really pushed yourself yesterday, Sakura. Organizing that party that quite the feat, and now you’re telling me you pulled an all-nighter after that.”

Presenting the juice to the haggard girl, John then takes a seat in front of her. The first spoonful of unhealthily sweet, sugary flakes elicits only (?) a twitch of his right eye. He is in no way surprised by the knowledge of Ubon being the mind behind this addition to the breakfast menu.

“I don’t know what was so important as to merit…this,” he continues, vaguely gesturing at Sakura’s overall mien. “It is not my place to ask. I can only hope you got whatever it is you wanted out of it.”

There are things he wants to ask her, but in her current state, John deems it better to eat in silence. Sakura Tsukioka, he has decided, is not by any means in a conversational mood. If she does want to talk, after all, he would be there for her.

On another note, seriously, that awfully dark brew no longer seems such a bad idea, if only to counter the teeth-aching sweetness. There have to be other things available in this kitchen…?

Well, that can wait until after he is done with the cereal. Alternatively, maybe Elise will find something before he does.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille had made her way into the cafeteria, as cheery as any morning person could be. Though the overcast weather was a bit dismal, today was a brand-new start, and more importantly, for her to actually try the food at Pinefall. Yesterday she’d ended up eating what Sakura had given her, the large portions inevitably spread throughout the day, but now she had an opportunity. To test this world-class cooking with her own taste buds.

Though, now that she was here, and had managed to get through the non-existent line, Lucille realized she had a different problem. That is to say… she had no idea where to sit. Maybe the tables were determined from whatever happened yesterday morning? Or perhaps it was a free-for-all, and she should just pick a spot.

Quickly scanning the tables, she made the decision to walk over Gabi and Ubon, because her impression of the former was that he was harmless, and because she wanted to investigate the black eye on the second. Just… what happened last night?

“Mind if I sit here?”

Elaine Winters

The blonde girl smiled at that, seeming a bit subdued as she continued to survey the quiet morning, eyes fixing on the bruised Ubon's form for a long moment.

"I'd certainly be a bit disappointed if I'd scared him off, what's a girl got to do to get some attention around here? Play up my emotional vulnerabilities and look more like a princess?"

It was a weird mixture of emotions, amusement, sarcasm and genuine curiosity, for all her bluster, there's a hint of self-consciousness in there.

"God I hope not," She grimaced, "It'd mean I'd have to devote some of my attention to not being the biggest badass around, and that just seems like work."

She shook her head, palm to the ceiling as she attacked her plate with the other hand, "It hurts to have this much manliness, you know. That delicate balance between feminine grace and masculine boisterousness, oh woe."

Her eyes dragged slowly across the commotion across the way, tiny Subaru getting herself worked up into a tizzy, before returning back to Kean, notably pausing on Ubon's face once more.

Hm.

"Quite the beast, yes," Her voice grew a bit darker, "It's a real shame to have such beastliness running all over the shop, perhaps someone should do something about it."

Her weight shifted, and she rose up slightly, "Pleasure chatting with you, we should do it more often, complain about some troublemakers and such but, ah, have to go attend to some business, if you will excuse me, I'll let you get back to your private party."

She dipped her head, then rose up with her quite diminished tray, murmuring something under her breath. Then she gently moved towards the nearby table, seating herself primly.

"G'mornin, G'mornin'! How's it goin, Gabi my dude, been a bit since we've had a chat, had any good manly excursions?"

Her words were jocular, but her intent was sincere, genuine interest flowed out from her.

Then she jerked, snapping her fingers, "Oh, right, yeah, Ubon, so I took your advice yesterday and started scoping some of the fellas out, and Souma is def a good one," She nodded sagely, eyes wistful, "Saw you were out there in the water, messin around with our local side of beef."

She bobbed her eyebrows, demeanor cheery and disarming, while also making it fairly obvious she had noticed Ubon's injury.

"So, how was it? The water, the muscles, John, I guess? I was eatin up some beefcake and burg myself. Oh, speakin' of which, Souma's got this crazy sauce, guys, it's nuts, just about knocked me clean out, almost as good as Pop's chili special, which we always ended up using as animal repellent, keep the deer and such off the begonias."

Gabi was a quiet sort, and Ubon was abnormally subdued, so she'd have to fill in the gap.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"O-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-"
    Fufufu. You're speechless, huh? That's because I'm a genius! I'll introduce you and then you two will get along and you'll forget that silly stuff about beasts!

"W-w-w-what are you talking about, Prushka!? M-m-m-m-m-myself could never get even entertain the thought of marrying such a b-b-b-b-b-beast! That... that would be most unorthodox and immoral! The v-v-v-v-very thought makes my skin crawl in fear!"
    Huh?

S-Subaru?

"T-t-t-to allow that brute a sanctified, nay, encouraged a-a-a-access to my personae, to let him treat me a-a-a-as he wished, w-w-w-without any way to fight back, c-c-c-c-completely at the mercy of his hands every waking minute, l-l-l-l-leaving me with no choice b-but to endure as he... he... he would treat me as a toy, like a possession! A-absolute depravity, I say! A complete mockery of the holy union that m-marriage is! A c-c-corrupted way of life w-where I would never be s-s-s-safe from him and his desires and his overwhelming s-s-strength that I could not fight back against and would be handled as n-nothing more than an object to be treated h-h-however he wants, and, and, and----!"
    H-h-h-h-huuuuuuuh!?

What do I do!? What happened! Is she broken!?

M-maybe this is okay? It's better if people are honest with their feelings, right?

Subaru giggles again. She sounds like a broken telephone.

What are her feelings anyway? If I listen close, it almost sounds like...

"Eeeeeeeh!?"

D-don't be ridiculous, Subaru! I'm sorry, but please drive those thoughts out of your head! It's impossible! It's dangerous! It's absolutely forbidden!

This is not okay! I don't know how to describe this, but it's definitely not okay!

I glance around the cafeteria and find no help.

Tonkori! You have something, right? You've been with her! You know how to fix Subaru, don't you!?

Alright, fine! It's my fault, so I'll fix her!

"Hyaaa!"

Clarityyyyyyyyyy chop!

I gently bop her on the head to calm her down.

"I didn't mean it like that! I just thought you might wanna be friends!"

Since Subaru seems receptive to head pats, I keep them coming.

"Now eat this toast! It's got jam on it!"

That should keep her quiet for a bit!

"R-really though, what's with all this beast stuff...?" I murmur, more to myself than to Subaru. "You don't seem to dislike him or anything... is it 'cus of the glowing eyes? That could just be a trick of the light, y'know..."

Alright, gotta change the subject. Mention something else. Maybe...

"Hey, Subaru. Have you heard of Elizaveta Vyraj?"

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Mind if I sit here?”
    Only one pair of eyes turned to look at the girl as she approached the table. Gabi, seemingly a bit alarmed at the sight of the blonde, scooted his chair a bit away from Lucille, though this only ended up giving the girl more space to sit down. Shyly, Gabi returned to stare at his porridge, poking it with the metal spoon that was as grey as the sky outside.

"... okay..." Gabi eventually murmured. "... go ahead..."

But if Gabi was banking on being able to avoid conversation with nothing but couple of pleasantries, his plan was quickly shot down. Another blonde, one much rowdier, approached the table at the same time. Elaine Winters, of course. However, as she was much more familiar sight to Gabi, the young boy didn't shy away from look at her. Indeed, his eyes seemed to light up a bit and he gave her a small wave to greet her shifting a little on his seat.

"G'mornin, G'mornin'! How's it goin, Gabi my dude, been a bit since we've had a chat, had any good manly excursions?"
    Gabi nodded slowly.

"... Ate steak last night," he revealed, almost like sharing a sinful secret. "... was only able to eat a half... but I tried my best..."

Well, perhaps he was being proud of it? For someone like the boy, it might have been a big step.

"Oh, right, yeah, Ubon, so I took your advice yesterday and started scoping some of the fellas out, and Souma is def a good one. Saw you were out there in the water, messin around with our local side of beef."
    Ubon didn't even look up at Elaine despite the cheerful fashion she approached the table with. Instead she held her orange juice glass with both hands and sucked quietly on the straw popping out of the glass, a downcast look in her eyes. It truly was weird to see the usually vibrant girl so down in the dumps, but the cause was clear. After all, last night she had been nothing but smiles and laughter, but today she had a black eye and nothing but silent treatment for others.

Hell, even Gabi sneaked a worried glance at the girl while he thought others weren't looking.

"So, how was it? The water, the muscles, John, I guess? I was eatin up some beefcake and burg myself. Oh, speakin' of which, Souma's got this crazy sauce, guys, it's nuts, just about knocked me clean out, almost as good as Pop's chili special, which we always ended up using as animal repellent, keep the deer and such off the begonias."
    Another ten seconds of silence.

Then, avoiding Elaine's eyes, Ubon looked to the side.

"... Dun wanna talk 'bout it..." She murmured, almost as quietly as Gabi.

Prushka

"I didn't mean it like that! I just thought you might wanna be friends! Now eat this toast! It's got jam on it!"
    It seemed that in order for someone to control Subaru Iburi's overflowing emotions, the right strategy was really to go for the head. A simple chop was enough to make her yelp in surprise and stop her blabbering. Following that with further headpats managed to calm her down considerably, to the point even her blushing started to recede. Finally, shoving some food into her mouth sealed the deal, as now the somewhat-still-flustered girl munched on her piece of toast, holding it with both hands.

Well... it was clear Subaru was still a bit too embarrassed to look Prushka in the eyes.

"... U-um, that is... the word omiai has quite the different meaning in my home country than simply becoming acquainted," Subaru explained. "I-it is used as a term for meetings between individuals for a possible arranged marriage, or marriage in general. Especially in, um, old-fashioned circles such as that of my own family."

Tonkori gave a sage nod... before nudging Prushka a little with his head, eyeing the bacon on her plate again.

"Hey, Subaru. Have you heard of Elizaveta Vyraj?"
    While it looked like Subaru was about to comment on Prushka's mumbling, this new question made her pause. A bit of jam sticking on her cheek, Subaru put a finger to her chin to think about it. Her eyes moved to the window and the grey sky beyond it... which seemed to give her some sort of idea. Recognition clear in her eyes, she turned back to look at Prushka.

"Y-yes, I believe I have heard the name," she said. "Was she not a female cosmonaut of some sort? Or am I mistaking the name for someone else?"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"... U-um, that is... the word omiai has quite the different meaning in my home country than simply becoming acquainted. I-it is used as a term for meetings between individuals for a possible arranged marriage, or marriage in general. Especially in, um, old-fashioned circles such as that of my own family."
    "...geh."

Aw, man, I goofed.

This is so embarrassing! How could I make such an obvious error?

"Oops..."

Oh, Tonkori... alright, in exchange for cheering me up with your infinite fluff, I'll let you have one more. But don't get fat, alright?

"S-sorry. Yeah, I just thought I'd introduce you so you could hang out or something..."

"Y-yes, I believe I have heard the name. Was she not a female cosmonaut of some sort? Or am I mistaking the name for someone else?"
    "I don't think... well, actually..."

She did have those medals. But there's no way, right?

No, maybe there is.

"Just someone I'm sure I met, that nobody else remembers," I say, between bites of some toast and jam and sips of still-too-bitter coffee. "But it's a big mess and I'm pretty sure the end result is either me hallucinating someone that was never here, or ghosts, so it's your call. No need to get caught up in it."

Yeah. The hallucination theory is looking more and more likely by the moment. Last night all but confirms it.

"Right now I'm more interested in what you said yesterday."

Now that Subaru's calmed down, maybe it's safe to ask. I scratch Tonkori behind the ears to build up courage, and...

"No need to answer if it's something sensitive, but I wanna know... what's the difference between a beast and a person?"

Blog Entries
    Prushka

"No need to answer if it's something sensitive, but I wanna know... what's the difference between a beast and a person?"
    Subaru stopped eating her toast, pausing mid-bite to look at the smaller girl with some confusion in her eyes. Then, as if finally understanding what was being asked, she took on a gentle smile and set the piece of toast on her plate. There, it stood next to another of its kind, but this one without any sort of condiment added to it. Just a flat, white piece of bread, not even toasted.

"Hmm, well... what do you think makes a person, Prushka?" Subaru asked, leaning a bit back on her chair. "Is it their ability to think? To understand speech? The fact that they are a human in the first place? No... as I understand it, it is none of those things. Humans are separated from animals by a rather simple fact. Humans have desires. Animals have needs."

Tonkori leaned into Prushka's scratching hands a bit, and a low whine escaped from his mouth. It seems that he was growing, once again, a bit worried about his master.

"When humans get hungry, they think: 'I desire food'. And then they use their skills, whatever they have learned, to satiate that desire. It is a conscious thought, something they understand stemming from the fact they require sustenance to stay alive. That basic urge is filtered through many layers of thought in our brains and it comes up as 'I am hungry'. Humans make a very complex motive out of bare necessity to stay alive," she explained, taking a sip from her once-was-coffee. "Meanwhile, animals do no such thing. They require food to stay alive, so they go take it whenever they can. They use whatever means necessary to acquire, and if they do not, they die of hunger. They have no filters, no complex path to mask that primal urge to stay alive, to protect themselves, to continue their genes. All of it is primal, and all of it is base. Whatever they do is because they 'have' to do it, that is their whole existence. They have no desires of their own, especially toward something intangible or metaphysical. All animals have are needs that need to be satisfied until their bodies become dust. They are nothing more."

Subaru looked at the two pieces of toast on her plate, and added even more jam to the half-eaten one. Then she presented both of them to Prushka by pushing her plate across the table.

"It is quite like these two pieces of toast. Humans dress everything up and hide the original meaning to make it more alluring to themselves, such as adding jam or toasting the bread. But none of it changes the very basic thing that in the end, it is naught but bread. And for animals, that bread is all they need or want. Because that is what keeps them alive," Subaru continued. "Conscious thought and understanding of why we do what we do, versus the mere instincts that force one to act the way they do because that is simply how life is... that is what I think separates humans and animals."

A small silence reigned for a moment, as Subaru took another sip of her once-was-coffee and turned to look back outside, into the Pinefall Field outside.

"... Of course, sometimes these barriers are broken. That is where beasts lies... or perhaps we should call them monsters," she finally said. "They have no desires, only needs, and act solely because of their instincts... yet they are capable of conscious thought. What would you call a being like that? Capable of thought yet working only to what their instincts tell them to work on? Someone with a set of 'needs' from the very second of their birth that they devote their life of fulfilling, even if they are capable of understanding its absurdity?"

She looked back at Prushka, and a hint of those dead eyes peeked beneath her bangs.

"... To me, that is a beast - a monster."

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura
    "Nah, that's alright... But thanks anyways, Elise. I'm just dead tired after all that running around I did for the Beach Party. Really pushed myself to the limit, I did."
    Elise sighed in relief, "Phew, glad you're okay. Sorry, I get a little anxious about that sort of thing."

What you do on your own time is your own business. Unless you hurt yourself, then I have to worry.

With that, Elise grabbed a spoon and bowl, and settled down at the table with Sakura and John. She eagerly filled her bowl with the sugary cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura
    "... Ubon has such weird taste when it comes to cereal. Should probably suggest she visits a dentist in the near future."
    "I think she has excellent taste in cereal," said Elise between mouthfuls, "Although now I feel a little guilty eating her cereal. Maybe I can grab her another box at the general store..."

"A dentist visit is still probably a good idea. I wonder if Road's End even has a dentist...?"

“But you really pushed yourself yesterday, Sakura. Organizing that party that quite the feat, and now you’re telling me you pulled an all-nighter after that.”
    Elise nodded enthusiastically, "Yes! I wanted to say thank you for that, Sakura! The beach party was great! Getting it organized on such short noticed was nothing short of incredible!"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

It was an interesting contrast. Superficially, the way he acted was all kinds of pushy. Some might even call it rude. But at the same time, the hooded youth was surprisingly… polite? A firm handshake, polite eye contact - all signs of decent upbringing. It was quite similar to Shane (hardly a surprise, considering that they were brothers), but it almost felt as if Zane was trying his very hardest to suppress that part of him.

Which meant that the signals that he sent out were all over the place. Whether he was rude or polite (or both) was merely based on whether or not he remembered to keep his “image” up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane
    "And yeah, our parents thought it hilarious our names are basically the same. So don't tease Shane about it. It's a bit of a sore spot for bro."
    “I’m not really in a place to tease anyone on names, right?” Anna gave a slight shrug. “Though… noted. I’ll keep it in mind.”

In all honesty, based on what Shane had said earlier and his brother’s general behavior, Anna had the sneaking suspicion that parents, in general, were a bit of a touchy subject for the pair, not just what names they had chosen for the two redheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane
    "... I have no idea what the hell he meant, either,"
    “So I’m either a superhero or a “dangerous Adidas girl”? Anna gave the redhead, Zane, a slightly cheeky smile. “Not giving me much leeway here, are ya?”

Anna gave a quick glance at her watch. She could clearly make out the numbers 06:22 displayed on the matte gray electronic panel. If she wanted to have a nice post-run shower and any semblance of breakfast, she would have to hit the road with relative haste. Keeping this in mind, her attention returned to the older Mitchell brother next to her.

“So, Zane. You want to join me for a morning run?”

Having said those words, Anna started calmly walking towards the campus entrance. The implication was clear. It was up to Zane to decide whether he wanted to join or not, but the Estonian girl would go on her run either way.

Seemingly remembering something, Anna gave a quick, over-the-shoulder, glance towards the punkish-looking Zane.

“Oh, and I think Shane is popping in some time after school to show me around the town. So feel free to tag along if you are up for it.” An amused glint momentarily flashed through her eyes. "Who knows? I might otherwise accidentally end up buying him pancakes again."
    Last edited by Mellon; February 10th, 2019 at 05:45 AM.