Page 31 of 244 FirstFirst ... 21262930313233364181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THU)
    Weather: Overcast

I blink, the water dripping down my body as I stare at the two boys before me, water logged hair dripping into my eyes, as I open my mouth to reply, only to sputter, water flowing out instead. My mouth twitches, and...

"Pfft..."

I laugh.

"Pffhahahahaha! What on Earth are you two even doing at this hour?"

It's an honest, a real honest moment from me, that seem to be happening more and more as I go through the days at Pinefall Academy, and a hand reaches upwards to move the hair out of my face while I'm speaking, shaking the water free like a dog. My eyes peek out at the side of the fringes of my hair, and with a frown I remove the stray strands from my field of vision, tucking them behind my own ears.

"Ah... It's been a while since I've been startled like that," I say, my back arching as I stretch out my entire body, arms well over my head, "Not what I was expecting so early in the morning but... not entirely unpleasant, either."

At my old school, I was the pinnacle. The highest point in any given order for what one could accomplish as a student, even against all odds. A small smile washes over my face as I look at the people before me, and I walk lazily forward towards the water, sitting at the edge and feeling my feet inside of it for a moment.

"Oh?" I tilt my head as I look at Travis Gagnon.

"Apologies for last night, again," I say, my hand drifting lazily through the water as I draw shapes inside of it, watching as it follows my movements with all the flame and fervor of a rather large and old dog, "I forget myself, sometimes. Fortunate that a person like Souma was there, though."

My smile fades, as I remember, looking up at the two with pursed lips.

"I wonder where he got all that meat..."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff
    [BGM]

Mr. Halloway studied me intently and gave me quick glance over. For whatever reason, he was nodding. I wanted to believe it was because he accepted my identification as one of Pinefall’s new student or for some reason he approved of me for an unknown reason. Regardless, it appears that I have been received favorably.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Halloway
    "... I see. One of Daniel's students, then. Welcome to Owl's Nest Hotel... understaffed as we are.”
    Understaffed? That might be useful due to my lack of funds at this time. I would hate to be relying on Aleen’s good graces all of the time. On top of that, the saying “keep your friends close and your enemies closer” is a good proverb for obtaining information in this area. A hotel has several visitors which makes finding an unbiased opinion easier and as well as finding other visitors convenient.

“And yes. A library. Since this town has none, I have taken it upon myself to use the basement to store any books I can find. If you wish to use it, you're free to do so. Just take the stairs to the basement corridor. Third door on your right. It's marked with a sign that says 'Library'. Don't snoop around the other parts of the basement, though. Those rooms are for employees only."
    “Understood... Third door on the right in the basement level.”

Mr. Halloway walked over to his reception desk. I decided to follow him until I was at the front of the desk. He rummaged through his records until he eventually found what he was looking for. I casually noted down the name of that he was pointing at.

"Our Canadian guest is currently there, so if you have any trouble, ask from her. She has used the library many times during her stay. In short, if you wish to loan some of the books, you must write out what you have loaned and when you intend to return them, along with a phone number or a posting address if we need to look for those books. This service comes out of my own pocket, so I'd rather not start hounding someone because of due-to-return books... but I will. So don't even think about stealing any of them. Especially since I know exactly where to find you Pinefall students. We all will have much better time if you follow the rules."
    I can tell why Aleen isn’t fond of Mr. Halloway. He has rules and he expects them to be followed. On top of that, he is making sure that no one breaks those rules instead of inherently trusting people to not break them. His warning didn’t bother me in the slightest. After all, if I really wanted to steal the books, I would ensure no one would find me or remember me.

“Sounds easy enough to follow. I’ll be sure to ask her if I have any additional questions then.”

I almost on my way down to the library when Mr. Halloway suddenly asked me a question.

"... Will you be having breakfast? It is still being served, and it is quite delicious if I must say so myself. The fact that you're here this early tells me you most likely didn't eat back at your school."
    Breakfast? I guess that is true since I did leave before breakfast was served. Skipping one meal wouldn’t hamper my abilities immediately so I didn’t even think about if I would have time to eat before class. However, if he’s offering it, I need to ask about the conditions.

“I wouldn’t mind eating a small pastry or two, but I don’t have that much money on me to pay for it. I could occasionally help with your unstaffed issue, but I would need to know what I would be required to do. Things like cleaning...”

Yeah... I was good at cleaning. I could clean clothes, clean a room, and removed pests as ordered.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa

As expected, her personality did not exactly seem pleasant, and while what she said made some sense...it was sort of twisted by her self centered and surreal view on things.

But, then again, who am I to judge? I know not of her circumstances, about how she grew up, what responsibilities being an actress came with…

Well, the one thing I know for sure is that it feels like she is looking down on me, and already managed to misunderstand my reason for talking to her. And, well, once again, it appeared that my scars were what defined me. Certainly, I was just the miserable, ugly girl with scars in her eyes.

"Giving the, like, more wrong ideas ain't gonna help you, girl."
    I raised my eyebrows, and gave the girl a small smirk.

“I didn’t approach you because you are ‘popular’, or because I was looking for benefits in hanging out with you. In my eyes, after what I went through, social standings, popularity and whatnot have fairly little value…”

I shrugged.

“It just happened that both of us were out here on the field, and since I didn’t have the chance to talk to you before, I figured I would do it now. And these…?”

I said, as I gently traced my finger along the scars on my face;

“Why should I care about what people think of these? Or about how they have the nerve to make false assumptions behind my back? No, I had to deal with that stuff for quite a while, and frankly, I couldn't care less at this point. It’s not like the scars change anything, anyways.”

I lied; or, more precisely, what I said wasn’t completely true. Deep down, I did care, I always did, and the scars carried a lot more meaning, more than what other people could perceive. The fact that they ‘ruined’ my appearance, that looking at me instantly cried of a tragic life was the least of my worries; a certain person made me realize that quite some time ago.

“Though, I’m curious now. You typecast me as the ‘ugly and kind’ type and talk about my strengths...Well, the ‘ugly’ part I can understand, I suppose we can’t see past the surface and you deem me as such because of my scars, but really, other than that, what are you basing your assumptions on?”

I felt like laughing. Out of misery, or madness, perhaps, but this situation, these assumptions were just so typical...I guess no matter where I go, or what I do, I will always be branded as such.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest, and my expression returned to more of a neutral one.

“On another note...Such a thing as ‘perfect’ does not exist. Perfection is something we all strive for but will never reach. To begin with, you can’t be good at everything, and even for the things you dedicate your life to, there is always room for improvement. Perfect is just a stupid term made up by humans, to cover for their insecurities, to give themselves a false sense of achievement, to make them believe that they are too good for this world.”

I was getting too worked up; with all the things going on as of late, my emotions were starting to get hard to control...Or rather, it was unusual, I wouldn’t usually go this far, and it felt good, so good that part of my being did not even want to repress my emotions anymore.

“And please, don’t look down on me. I might not be pretty like a princess, but there are many things that I’m skilled at, I’m perfectly satisfied with how I am, and I don’t need anyone’s pity to get along in life.”

My lips curled into a faint smile, and I looked straight into the girl’s eyes.

“If I’m unwanted here, if you’re so adamant about you being superior and me being inferior, then I guess the two of us really should not meet. I’m not here to be anyone’s dog or underling.”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

I listen.

I listen to Subaru's explanation in silence, completely focused on it, while munching on a piece of toast and ruffling Tonkori's fur gently.

I listen until she's finished, chew for a bit, and then swallow it down. Then I give my honest response.

"A monster, huh? To me, that just sounds like a pitiful person."

That might come off a bit harsh. But it's the truth.

"I mean, the way you put it, the only difference between people and beasts is that the former are capable of lying to themselves. They put all that jam between them and the truth that is the toast. What separates us is a simple 'error': we can't be honest with ourselves about what we truly want, and that becomes the snarl of conflicting motivations that we call a personality. In that sense, a beast sounds like... a logical robot without emotions, that only does what's needed."

I idly smooth down the fur of the puppy on the table between us. Sorry. You probably don't like seeing her this way, huh? But I'm trying to help. I'm trying to understand Subaru, the way a human would try to understand another human.

"And as for animals... even Tonkori here has desires. He prefers one food over another. He likes being scratched right behind the tail, even though it doesn't stem from something else. He even worries about you. If we talk about feelings instead of thoughts, then there's not much difference. He's a person. The fluffiest person ever."

It's something I've thought about a little. Well, I think everyone ponders this question at least a few times in their life.

"A monster, then... they'd be like the Gill-man, wouldn't they? They have emotions, they have thoughts, but they're too intelligent to bother with them. They'd lack the 'stupidity' and 'lies' that make people, well, people. So... they must be pitiful."

This is a heavy morning. I might've just made things a bit too real.

"But then... why do you think Pyry's a beast? He's, well, a bit of an idiot sometimes. And he gets sad, and probably homesick, and he does arbitrary stuff all the time. That doesn't sound very monster-like."

Elaine Winters
    Pinefall High Main Building - Cafeteria
    Morning Phase
    Overcast

“Hey, how about that, had some pretty good steak myself the other night, had a quick bite on the way back from that Overlook first night we were here, from that diner in town,” She made an ‘ok’ sign with her hand, “Some good shit if I do say so myself.”

“Didn’t expect a small town to have some high grade stuff like that,” She continued, “But there’s a good amount of stuff around here that’s a little out of place, not necessarily in a bad way.”

She took a moment to nod over at Lucille, not being particularly familiar with her.

Then she turned her attention to Ubon more fully, eyes boring into the cyan-haired girl.

“You still interested in some of my Kung-fu shit? Local Badass Super Cop over here, taking on all comers, what about you Gabi? Luce, interested?” She puffed herself up.

She ate some more of her food for a moment, mulling something over.

Then a glint coming into her eyes, “Somebody pull that tick bullshit again?”

She didn’t particularly want to think anything unkind towards anybody just yet, but she’d put decent odds on the normally energetic girl not getting that shiner falling down the stairs.

She glanced at Lucille, “Someone spreadin stories about ‘butt-ticks’,” She explained, making air quotes, “All fun for now, but...”

She made an annoyed face.

“You mighta been there. I dunno. I certainly wasn’t.”

She wasn’t going to be making any direct questions for the time being, as it clearly wasn’t wanted.

Blog Entries
    The reanimated corpse pulled itself from the shower once again. With a spirit that just wasn’t there it dressed itself, three times over checking the mirror for signs of lifelessness. On the fourth visit to the mirror it found signs of life in its eyes, which could now stay open for more than five seconds without falling closed.

Buttoning his shirt, brushing his teeth, combing his hair, double and triple checking the mirror, Colt left his room.

Colt Davin

Repeating the previous morning, Colt took a seat with his tray. Once more the Pinefall breakfast shot a pink tipped arrow right through his heart. But today he also admitted defeat. Beside his orange juice was a cup of black sludge, and beside that was a small hill of sugar packets.

One by one, then eventually by the handful, Colt dumped the sweeteners into his coffee. Between additions he let a single drop of the coffee touch his tongue, wincing less with each repetition, until at last something passable was created.

Some things just go together. Biscuits and gravy. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Turkey and gravy. Sausage and gravy. Sugar and caffeine.

The latter of which he needed desperately today. He had stayed up late washing bits of sand out of his hair and slept poorly, his dreams full of visions of an evil snake that bit his you-know-what time and time again. A terrible sleep if there ever was one.

Having downed the entire cup of sugar with a side of coffee in one go, Colt began piling food into his mouth. Blueberry muffins and bacon, sausage and an omelet with sautéed onions. Truly he was being catered to by Mr. Oceandrop himself. Cheeks practically bulging, he finally came alive, the caffeine working its magic at last.

And as he emerged into the world of the living, it occurred to him that he had taken a seat opposite of the evil snake from his nightmares.

“PFFFFFFFBBBHHHEEEEWWWWWWW”

A full auto spray shot from his mouth in the direction he was facing, towards the face of Xylia Pheme.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elise Pelltier & John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Consider it done. But you really pushed yourself yesterday, Sakura. Organizing that party that quite the feat, and now you’re telling me you pulled an all-nighter after that.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Yes! I wanted to say thank you for that, Sakura! The beach party was great! Getting it organized on such short noticed was nothing short of incredible!"
    Sakura flashed them both a tired smile that was many degrees happier than the previous one. Indeed, getting thanked for arranging the beach party seemed to lift her spirits somewhat, as she rose into a proper sitting position once more and took hold of the orange juice John had brought her, sipping on it with some relief. Compliments and cold drinks were most likely what the doctor ordered for this bout of fatigue that the brunette was experiencing.

"I'm glad you two liked it. Makes it worth all the effort already," Sakura mumbled an answer. "I mean, even though I have some experience in organizing stuff like this... getting it all ready just like that was maybe a bit too big of a task to tackle the moment I got here. But I didn't want to set it for later either, because looking at us all... I think we needed a chance like that. To mingle, to talk, and all that. We'll be spending a year together in this place, after all."

Sakura's eyes gazed outside to the overcast sky and the small town waking up to the new morning under it.

"It'd be great if we all got along..." she continued.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “I don’t know what was so important as to merit… this. It is not my place to ask. I can only hope you got whatever it is you wanted out of it.”
    For the first time in a while, Sakura Tsukioka managed to look somewhat startled by a question.

"Oh, eh, ah, t-this?" She stammered and pointed to herself. "E-ehm, well, let's just say I was doing a favor and leave it at that. And it was important stuff, so I couldn't really push it later. But now I'm paying the price, ahahaha~"

Her awkward laughter died down, and she tried to mask the weirdness of her words by taking another sip of the orange juice.

Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “So, Zane. You want to join me for a morning run?”
    Zane blinked in surprise to being asked this out of the blue. However, as Anna started to head towards the campus entrance, the boy needed only a few seconds to mull it over before he did a slight jog to catch up to him. While he was not dressed for any sort of run, at least he seemed to implicate he'd keep her company.

"... Might as well,"Zane answered, scratching his cheek. "There's this path that goes down to the cliffs and heads past them until the lighthouse. It's pretty nice for running if you want some scenery. Plus the lighthouse is a good marker point where you can loop around and head back by taking the main road here."

It seemed that he knew his stuff. Maybe Zane had jogged here before? But then again... he didn't exactly look like he was a former student of Pinefall either. If anything, he was the same age as Anna, meaning that he should have been in school too, but here he was, hanging around with her instead.

... Did he even go to school?

“Oh, and I think Shane is popping in some time after school to show me around the town. So feel free to tag along if you are up for it. Who knows? I might otherwise accidentally end up buying him pancakes again."
    "I'll think about it. I need to get some work done today or I'll fall behind schedule," he answered, rolling his shoulders to get some movement to his joints. "But if I get something done before you two head out, I'll join you. If you keep feeding bro nothing but pancakes, he'll turn into one himself."

Zane let out a momentary sigh that sounded a bit troubled.

"... I guess I should try to make some time to cook at home, too. I can't have bro always relying on the kindness of others," he said, looking at Anna with a complex expression. "I mean, didn't want to imply anything bad with that. I really appreciate you helping him out yesterday. But he's still young, so I don't want him to become someone who'll just mooch off strangers."

Giving a hearty yawn and a stretch like a man who had a bit too short of a sleep last night, Zane nodded to himself, as if making a decision.

"Yeah. This Saturday I'll cook up something at home," he said, more to himself... at least until he looked straight at Anna. "You're invited too."

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Ah... It's been a while since I've been startled like that. Not what I was expecting so early in the morning but... not entirely unpleasant, either."
    This made Pyry, who was floating in the water, looking up at the blonde, cock an eyebrow with a slight smirk on his face. After the initial danger of Alexstrasza getting made at what had happened, it seemed that even the other boy started seeing the humor in what had happened.

"Well, glad to be of help? I mean, neither of us expected someone to bust in this early either," Pyry answered. "Thought we'd have the whole place to ourselves to mess around. Even hijacked the PA system thanks to Travis's handy-dandy lockpicks and small-time crook skills."

Pyry nodded towards the other boy and started swimming towards the edge of the pool, near where Alexstrasza was drying herself.

"Oh? Apologies for last night, again. I forget myself, sometimes. Fortunate that a person like Souma was there, though."
    "Eh, at least you recognize you were acting like a right twat," Travis retorted, shrugging in the water. "If people get in my face with that sorta messed up talk, I'mma give right back as good as I get. And I don't make no distinction between guys and gals either, I'll punch both genders. But yeah... would've messed up the mood of the party, so I guess it's for the better."

It seemed like Travis was still somewhat sore in how 'objectified' he had been last night when it came to Alexstrasza's lesson in 'making friends', but at least he was willing to talk to her. And speaking of which, there had yet to be a conclusion to the whole Friendship Game between Cesarina and Subaru. Perhaps it would be pertinent to check on that after school?

"I wonder where he got all that meat..."
    While those thoughts were certainly there, they were perhaps momentarily banished by the sight of Pyry Leijonamieli rising from the water and reminding once more how unfair Mother Nature could be when it came to genes. Most got none of the good, some got some of the good, and then there were few people like him whose bodily built and musculature should've been illegal to display like that.

"Oh, you mean the one that Souma dragged in?" Pyry asked as he got out of the pool. "I think he went hunting on the day we arrived. At least that's what he told me when I was out on a smoke that night, and he came back all secret-like and carrying a-"

At that point, Pyry seemed to notice something and there was a pause in his words.

Namely, his eyes fell to the sight of Alexstrasza Lockhart and her choice in swimwear.

Thus, looking somewhat awkward and flustered, the boy scratched his cheek and turned his gaze aside.

"--- A bag."

The last word was a murmur that nearly disappeared as Travis kept howling in laughter thanks to the situation.

Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “I wouldn’t mind eating a small pastry or two, but I don’t have that much money on me to pay for it. I could occasionally help with your unstaffed issue, but I would need to know what I would be required to do. Things like cleaning...”
    This seemed to catch James Halloway somewhat by surprise, as one of those bushy eyebrows that were more like hairy caterpillars glued to his face than anything realistic, started rising towards his bald hairline. He seemed to mull over this suggestion for a moment, the mustache and the beard vibrating ever so slightly thanks to his breathing. Finally, he arrived to a some sort of conclusion.

"... Well, we would mostly need cleaning staff. Vacuuming the floors, dusting the rooms, changing sheets and taking care of laundry," he answered. "It is a job that requires patience, good work ethics and perseverance, nothing like the part-time jobs you might be used to. This would be real work, and you'd given a real wage for it, if you're interested... though we'd need to set your hours flexible, whenever you can. But you'd be paid for what you'd do, nothing more and nothing less."

Opening a small wooden box on the table, James Halloway fished a pipe from inside it and started stuffing it with tobacco.

"If you are interested, I can have my niece work the details out once she gets back. In the meantime, feel free to use the library..." He said as he lit up his pipe, tufts of smoke rising towards the ceiling. "... And if you're hungry, use this. Let's call it on-the-house today. I can't have one of Daniel's kids go hungry, can I?"

Reaching across the table, he offered something that looked like a breakfast coupon for Vier.

Momoi Hisa

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “I didn’t approach you because you are ‘popular’, or because I was looking for benefits in hanging out with you. In my eyes, after what I went through, social standings, popularity and whatnot have fairly little value… It just happened that both of us were out here on the field, and since I didn’t have the chance to talk to you before, I figured I would do it now. And these…? Why should I care about what people think of these? Or about how they have the nerve to make false assumptions behind my back? No, I had to deal with that stuff for quite a while, and frankly, I couldn't care less at this point. It’s not like the scars change anything, anyways.”
    Mercedes smirked at this. Either what she had heard she found amusing, or the way that Hisa said it made her amused, one or the other. Whatever the case, it didn't seem that she was making fun of her with her expression. Instead, it was the expression of someone who had made a bet with herself what sort of answer she'd get... and hit it right out of the park.

"Girl, humans are, like, such shallow creatures you wouldn't believe," Mercedes answered, looking at her nails as she did. "Even if we say otherwise, we all care hella lot 'bout how we look. I mean gawd, we make our first impressions based on how others look. If that isn't like shallow then what is? We're a species based on looks and outwards appearances."

“Though, I’m curious now. You typecast me as the ‘ugly and kind’ type and talk about my strengths...Well, the ‘ugly’ part I can understand, I suppose we can’t see past the surface and you deem me as such because of my scars, but really, other than that, what are you basing your assumptions on?”
    Mercedes gave an exasperated sigh and rolled her eyes in a manner that seemed somewhat indignant.

"Honey, I couldn't care a rat's ass 'bout your scars," she answered. "If you think they, like, actually make you ugly then suit yourself, but that's not the thing. What I think matters zilch. But to other people, we're like two walking stereotypes. I'm the rich bitch with the looks and the nasty personality. You're the underdog with... ugh, what's the word, deformity? Yeah, deformity and sweet personality that opposes the haughty jerk."

Mercedes gave Hisa a shrug that seemed to say 'that's all there is to it'.

"People don't want, like, complexity in their life. They want simple, easy to understand ideas like in movies. So you being the good guy and me being the bad guy, that's something everybody can get," she continued.

“On another note...Such a thing as ‘perfect’ does not exist. Perfection is something we all strive for but will never reach. To begin with, you can’t be good at everything, and even for the things you dedicate your life to, there is always room for improvement. Perfect is just a stupid term made up by humans, to cover for their insecurities, to give themselves a false sense of achievement, to make them believe that they are too good for this world.”
    This made Mercedes chortle just a little bit, a laugh that sounded surprisingly genuine as she used her hand to try to mask her mouth during it. Shaking her head in lame amusement, she shot another smirk towards Hisa.

"Oh, don't I know that, girl," she answered. "I mean, I've got like, what, 20 to 25 years of 'faux perfection' to strive for till my face gets wrinkled and my tits start sagging? Ain't gonna matter how, like, perfect I am then. I'm history. So I gotta appear as flawless as I can till then to get most out of life. You fake it till you make it... but if you ever start believing in that fake yourself, girl you're in trouble."

“And please, don’t look down on me. I might not be pretty like a princess, but there are many things that I’m skilled at, I’m perfectly satisfied with how I am, and I don’t need anyone’s pity to get along in life. If I’m unwanted here, if you’re so adamant about you being superior and me being inferior, then I guess the two of us really should not meet. I’m not here to be anyone’s dog or underling.”
    As Hisa's words got more heated, Mercedes continued to listen without uttering a word. The only thing that changed was her expression. Her other eyebrow rose towards her hairline and she adopted an expression more serious and amused at the same time, almost like questioning the whole tirade that the scarred girl threw against her. Hand on hip, hip slightly to the side, she seemed ready to snap back at any moment.

... But instead she waited till Hisa was out of steam and let a silence of five seconds pass.

"Well? Got that outta your system?" She asked. "Finished putting words in my mouth? Because, girl, you got like a total thing for being the victim here. Like I said, I got no interest in whether you're ugly or pretty. I mean, gawd, I think I got the superficial good looks handled for the rest of the school too. And the last thing you get from any bitch like me is pity. So, girl, stop trying to, like, force the scenario you want on me. I dislike complexity too, but I'm off the clock since there ain't no audience."

Mercedes snapped her fingers to punctuate her words.

"So for now, I refuse to play the bully to the victim you want to be."

Her eyes were pure ice as she said this.

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "But then... why do you think Pyry's a beast? He's, well, a bit of an idiot sometimes. And he gets sad, and probably homesick, and he does arbitrary stuff all the time. That doesn't sound very monster-like."
    Subaru at this question, tilted her head to the side with question in her somewhat empty eyes. It was not as bad as yesterday, but it was clear that if conversation went on longer, things might just end up in the same place. And this time there was no Aleen King here to salvage the situation.

"Why...? Well, I agree that he might feel and do all those things as you say," Subaru agreed, her voice closer to monotone. "But at the same time, I do not think any of it is genuine. Or rather, he feels and does all that because that is what he is supposed to feel and do. It is a base urge that he needs to perform in order to appear genuine, to function as he should. None of it happens because he wants to or needs to feel that way. He has to feel that way, and he has no choice in this."

With one last sip, Subaru finished up her once-was-coffee and set the cup aside and took back the plate with the two pieces of toast on it, put them together and started munching on the hybrid sandwich that she had created. Tonkori, feeling perhaps that the situation had eased up a little bit, jumped back to the table and onto his owner's lap, nudging her with his head.

"Still... I must admit," Subaru said, some of the life returning to her eyes. "I know what you said before, but..."

She giggled a little.

"... You really talk about him a lot do you not?"

Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “PFFFFFFFBBBHHHEEEEWWWWWWW”
    "WHAT THE HELL DO YA THINK YER DOING!?"

Catching a good spray of food in the face, Xylia Pheme dove for the cover under the table so that she wasn't completely covered in Colt's breakfast menu thanks to the magnificent and gross spray that emerged form the boy's mouth. Colt could hear the litany of curses that echoed from beneath the table as the girl tried to wipe herself clean with whatever napkins she could get her hands to, but never getting quite the job done.

Thus, when the spray had ended, when Colt had calmed down, and when the danger had passed... a rather angry face of Xylia Pheme emerged from the other side of the table, eyes blazing and staring straight through Colt with all the hatred her eyes could muster. In her hands, she was holding a wad of napkins and in the other... her plastic tray that she had used as a makeshift shield.

"... Well then, ya piece o' shit doggie... looks like ya didn't get 'nuff education last night," Xylia growled dangerously. "Sitting in other people's tables, acting like they didn't exist, spitting food at them... ya've been a bad boy again, you right rotten bastard..."

Oh dear.

----- Danger, Colt Robinson!

"WHY DON'T YA GO EAT A LOAD OF SHIT YA FUCKIN' IMPOTENT LITTLE TWAT!?"

With that, the makeshift shield turned into a makeshift weapon, and strikes from the plastic tray started raining down on Colt as a thanks for his spray-and-pray tactics.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru
    "... You really talk about him a lot do you not?"
    "H-huh?"

What is she talking about?

"I don't know what you m-mean. It's not like I think about him or anything! Things just happened to turn out that way!"

Wait, what am I talking about?

"Like, you'd naturally notice if there was a huge billboard on your way to school, right!? Some people just hog all the attention because there's more of them to go around!"

Seriously, I can't understand myself right now. The way an outsider might hear it, it's almost like...

"Anyway, forget it! T-that idiot can do his own thing! I don't care at all!"

Yes, that's right! It doesn't matter at all! That guy's just someone that sat next to me on the bus!

"L-like, there are plenty of other things to talk about besides some big blonde walking dinosaur! Like over there, look, it's an average looking guy being beaten up by someone that looks kinda like me! Isn't that way more interesting!?"

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

The mood was rather poor, it seemed, so initially Lucille kept her mouth shut. It was like the typical party where you didn’t quite belong with the crowd and was invited out of mere formality. It was an awkward, unfortunate sense of quiet, but thankfully Elaine had arrived, seemingly making Gabi instantly more comfortable. That was good, at least. Maybe the table would be more lively.

“You still interested in some of my Kung-fu shit? Local Badass Super Cop over here, taking on all comers, what about you Gabi? Luce, interested?”
    …Martial arts, right? That was what that translated to? It was a proposition that caught her off guard, but, thinking about it…

Well, she couldn’t say she was entirely uninterested, but she didn’t feel it was her cup of tea, either.

“Maybe?” The reply came out like a question. It didn’t hurt to try, at least. This school was about giving other people a chance, right? And now people like Mercedes West were her friends. Shaking up her comfort zone was probably the right idea.

“And um, no,I missed the conversation about ‘butt-ticks.’ As an aside though, the fireworks you set up last night were really ni—”

Lucille turned to look at the spraying noise, only to see Colt and Xylia duking it out once more. Her face stiffened, like a parent embarrassed about her children, before a plastic smile was put on. Colt Davin was a person who could fight his own battles, right? Surely this would get sorted out by itself.

She wouldn’t need to intervene again, right?

Such were the thoughts of Lucille Faraday as she desperately tried to pretend there wasn’t a ruckus in the cafeteria.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"There's this path that goes down to the cliffs and heads past them until the lighthouse. It's pretty nice for running if you want some scenery. Plus the lighthouse is a good marker point where you can loop around and head back by taking the main road here."
    “That so? Nice to know.”

It took only a couple of seconds for Zane to come to his decision and catch up with her. To be honest, considering his tough guy image, Anna was actually slightly surprised that the boy decided to tag along for her impromptu workout. Well, that and the fact that he wasn’t really dressed for any serious exercise. Though considering the fact that she was the one who had invited him, she hardly had any reason to complain.

As they exited Pinefall High and hit the roads beyond, Anna tempered her pace a bit. While she could go faster, her aim wasn’t really to have a strenuous workout session. All she wanted was to just to invigorate herself a bit. And because of the rather chilly air, the pace should be reasonable enough for the redhead next to her not to turn his clothes into a sweaty mess.

"I'll think about it. I need to get some work done today or I'll fall behind schedule,"

"But if I get something done before you two head out, I'll join you. If you keep feeding bro nothing but pancakes, he'll turn into one himself."
    “Hah, true that. Considering the speed that he was gobbling them up yesterday, I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already.” Anna let out a small chuckle her mind traveled back to their dinner at Avery’s. “What are you working on, by the way? Can't imagine there is much work around in a small town like this."

"... I guess I should try to make some time to cook at home, too. I can't have bro always relying on the kindness of others,"

"I mean, didn't want to imply anything bad with that. I really appreciate you helping him out yesterday. But he's still young, so I don't want him to become someone who'll just mooch off strangers."
    Anna gave a brief shake of her head at Zane’s words.

“Aah, no offense taken. I was taking care of some brats back home as well, so I kinda understand where you are coming from anyway.”

She already had an inkling based on what Shane had said yesterday, but this guy… He was almost too conscientious of a brother. Not to mention it completely clashed with this rebellious image that he was outwardly projecting. Trying to get him to socialize more, play fewer video games, trying to push him to be more independent. In all honesty, it was nothing like “normal” sibling relationship, which was… well less thoughtful at least. She had only seen something like this when the age gap really large or when...

Same as back home, huh?

"Yeah. This Saturday I'll cook up something at home,"

"You're invited too."
    “Thanks. I’ll try to make it, but I have no idea what they have planned for us for the weekends. This is a school for “troubled youth”, after all.”

“Well, it should be fine, I think. ” Anna gave a dismissive wave of her hand. “And if necessary, I can just sneak out. At worst, I might get lectured by some of the teachers.”

A lopsided grin flashed on her face for a moment.

“Though honestly, some of them seem as loony as some of the students here.”
    Last edited by Mellon; February 10th, 2019 at 05:20 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa

"So for now, I refuse to play the bully to the victim you want to be."
    This is it. This is where I was going to lose it. Strangely, I wasn’t even angry, or sad. No, it was pure, crazy amusement. Listening to Mrs. High School Princess explaining how she is the bad guy, how I’m the victim and how she could bully me, it was all just too entertaining, especially knowing how I could make her kiss the sole of my shoes and beg for her life in mere seconds. I felt myself losing control, and I couldn’t keep a straight face any longer.

I started giggling, then it turned into a laughter, and before I knew, I was laughing so hard my tears were flowing and I almost lost my balance.

It took me a good minute or two to calm down, but eventually, I managed to regain my composure.

“S-sorry, I couldn’t hold it in anymore, when you said you refuse to bully me, the victim---”

I couldn’t help but break into a giggle again, trying hard to stop while I was wiping the tears off my face and eyes;

“---That is where I just lost it. But, thanks, you wouldn’t believe how long it was since I had such a good laugh.”

My expression turned more serious again, but I wasn’t sure how long I could keep it up.

“You have sort of a weird, unpleasant personality, and our views about...pretty much everything seems to differ, but I think I could endure you.”

“Now, the question is, “I said, as I turned away from the girl, and took a few steps towards the school entrance, “Can you endure my presence? Otherwise, I’ll be taking my leave. Clearly, we’d be just wasting each others’ time.”

Last edited by Cheetose; February 10th, 2019 at 05:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Phase: Morning PhaseDate: 08.09.1994 (THU)

I smile a bit, looking at the two boys in front of me as one flushes and looks away and the other cackles to himself. Honestly, the more things change as I get further and further from my last school, the more they stay the same. I've seen this scene a hundred times, and I cross my legs and lean back as I look at Pyry, raising an imperious eyebrow.

"Hm? Is there something you enjoy looking at over here? I certainly don't see anything interesting."

Continuing to circle my hand in the water, I close my eyes as I smile a bit wider, looking at how different and yet similar this place is to my own culture. I do not, nor can I ever, claim to hate anyone at this academy, really. In comparison to some of the teachers, or even students that I've known; they're really fairly tame. Simple people with simple problems.

I...

I don't dislike this sort of thing.

"Hunting? But with what could he possibly hunt with," I say, quirking an eyebrow. "A lion like yourself, perhaps? I've personally ever used hawks and spears for any sort of hunting. It was the sort of thing that the teachers at my previous school assumed could... build us up, as it were. You know, learning on the go I think it's called in English?"

There was a contest to consider, but I can discover the victor tonight. Besides...

If possible, I'd like to let Cesarina make a few friends of her own who aren't me. I think it would be good for her.

"Oh yes, you were performing last night, were you not? Thank you very much," I smile, closing my eyes at Pyry as I incline my head a bit. "My friend really enjoyed the performance."

It is important to compliment others, and do your best to look as if you are your best self. It is much harder to accuse the girl who everyone likes of a crime, then the girl everyone hates. Of course, I've naturally been both, at different points in my life.

Even so...

I don't really desire to be hated here. In fact, it's rather nice, really. I look at the ceiling, tracing the tiles with my eyes. With so many tiles, there must be hundreds of thousands of stories behind it. With every tile, there's a person behind it, who built it from the ground up, who put their utmost effort into making something as close to perfection as they could physically manage.

I need to rebuild myself as if I were a tile. From the very bottom, to the very top. I want to be better then who I am, and so I must try my best to change, even if it hurts, even if its hard.

"Ah, forgive me. I forgot to introduce myself," I say, blinking as I raise a hand and close my eyes with a smile. "My name is Alexstrasza Lockhart. Ever so pleased to make your acquaintance."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Elise Pelltier

Elise noted that Sakura seemed somewhat more energized with the praise.

She deserved the kudos, but I think she really needed them. Sakura worked really hard to get that party organized. Plus... whatever else she did last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura
    "It'd be great if we all got along..."
    "Has-has there been some disagreements between some of the other students?" asked Elise, "Everyone I've met so far has been friendly, but I'm sure that hasn't been everyone's experience..."

Elise stared into the milky depths of her cereal bowl, It stands to reason that there must be a few bad eggs in the bunch...

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    “You still interested in some of my Kung-fu shit? Local Badass Super Cop over here, taking on all comers, what about you Gabi? Luce, interested?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Maybe?”
    Gabi seemed rather flustered at the concept of him taking on Elaine in any shape or form, and thus did his best to hide in his chair, even though it offered no place to hide and even less to run. Thus he strategically placed his bowl of porridge between himself and Elaine, as if such bland, healthy and uninspired food could keep the tomboy at bay.

"... I'll pass..." Gabi muttered under his breath. "... I don't like violence..."

However, Ubon, to whom the question had been addressed in the first place, didn't answer verbally. She kept her eyes downcast and quietly shook her head, indicating that she wasn't up for it, at the very least now. It seemed that along with her good cheer, most of Ubon's natural energy was also gone.

“Somebody pull that tick bullshit again?"
    The mention of 'butt-ticks' made Gabi into one big question mark, and he glanced at his own posterior with some confusion and worry.

"Someone spreadin stories about ‘butt-ticks’. All fun for now, but... You mighta been there. I dunno. I certainly wasn’t.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “And um, no,I missed the conversation about ‘butt-ticks.’ As an aside though, the fireworks you set up last night were really ni—”
    The sudden ruckus coming from the table of Colt Davin and Xylia Pheme caused everyone's attention to be caught by their... antics for a while. In that moment, Ubon put her glass of orange juice on the table once and nibbled her food, showing no real signs of appetite, however. Sighing quietly, she pushed her plate aside and glanced at Elaine.

"... S'not it..." she muttered.

Prushka

"L-like, there are plenty of other things to talk about besides some big blonde walking dinosaur! Like over there, look, it's an average looking guy being beaten up by someone that looks kinda like me! Isn't that way more interesting!?"
    Following Prushka's indication, Subaru too glanced at the table were Xylia Pheme was going to town with her tray, swatting Colt Davin again and again in an attempt to punish the boy for... spitting food on her? Was that it? A somewhat odd expression of recognition appeared on the Japanese girl's face as she looked at the ensuing conflict... then back at Prushka. Then back at the bout, and then back at Prushka. And again. And again. And again.

Until she finally giggled again and beamed a gentle smile towards her partner-in-breakfast.

"Hmm, indeed I can see the resemblance. The way Miss Pheme is acting is somewhat similar to how your treat Pyry Leijonamieli," she laughed, only to adopt a bit of a difficult expression when another swear word echoed in the cafeteria. "... Though you do keep your choice of words to much more pleasant ones."

Tonkori let out an agreeing bark and looked up to Prushka with a smile that... almost seemed to laugh at her.

Anna Vandemeel

"What are you working on, by the way? Can't imagine there is much work around in a small town like this."
    Zane nodded to that.

"Yeah, I'm holding down two jobs... basically three if you count me washing dishes at A.D. diner in the evenings," he explained amidst the jog. "I usually work either at Big Boy's to pump gas or at that country club by being their handyman. The pay's not great in either but you do what you have to do. My nights I spend fixing up my car in a vain hope that it'll sometimes start working again. Would make life a lot easier... in many ways."

Even if the redhead didn't say it, the implication was clear. With a car, traveling to somewhere bigger, like Seattle, wouldn't have been impossible. In a town like Road's End the possibilities were limited when it came to jobs, and judging from the undertone of what both Shane and Zane had said to Anna, they didn't have the easiest home life.

“Aah, no offense taken. I was taking care of some brats back home as well, so I kinda understand where you are coming from anyway.”
    This earned a glance from Zane. The two of them had kept up a decent pace, and had left the campus back a while ago. Instead what spread before them were the brown and grey cliffs of Road's End, dropping straight down into the ocean where mist coiled and rolled and a lone fog horn gave one last toot in the distance. This seaside picture was flanked by the sycamore trees that made up much of the forest, along with some beautiful Douglas firs in which birds of the north congregated. A sight similar, but also very foreign, to one of Anna's homeland.

"Huh. Should've guessed, I suppose," Zane answered. "Makes sense that you knew how to help bro out."

“Thanks. I’ll try to make it, but I have no idea what they have planned for us for the weekends. This is a school for “troubled youth”, after all. Well, it should be fine, I think. And if necessary, I can just sneak out. At worst, I might get lectured by some of the teachers. Though honestly, some of them seem as loony as some of the students here.”
    For the first time, Zane chuckled. It was a strange sound, something the boy clearly rarely did anymore, but even though his face stayed rather intense, his mouth and eyes showed that he was laughing.

"I can only imagine," he answered, before raising his eyebrow. "That being said... how is it? 'School for troubled youth', and all that? The way some people painted it two years ago, it sounded like they were sticking a mental asylum right next door to us. But at least you're pretty chill, Anna. Like I said, cool in my books."

Momoi Hisa

“You have sort of a weird, unpleasant personality, and our views about...pretty much everything seems to differ, but I think I could endure you. Now, the question is: Can you endure my presence? Otherwise, I’ll be taking my leave. Clearly, we’d be just wasting each others’ time.”
    Mercedes flicked her hair and shrugged.

"If I wasn't, like, able to endure something like that I would've never gotten this far in the acting business," the starlet answered. "Stay, leave, you don't need my permission to do that stuff, girl. Like I said, I'm off the clock. So, like, do what you want. I know I will."

With that, the actress turned back towards the high jumping spot and eyed the height of the pole, using her fingers as a make-shift measuring angle or a camera shuttered to get a feel of the scene set before her. That analytical eye of hers concentrated on what was before her, and whatever lurked in her thoughts was only for her to know.

"... But word to the wise, honey," Mercedes continued, this time without looking at Hisa, keeping her eyes on the scenery instead. "If you, like, get that upset about people looking down on you, well... just remember that looking down is just looking upwards from a different perspective, and vice versa. So don't try to start conflict where there's none, it'll be, like, much easier for us all in the long run."

With that, Mercedes began to prepare for her first jump, stretching her legs few more times.

Alexstrasza Lockhart

"Hm? Is there something you enjoy looking at over here? I certainly don't see anything interesting."
    Pyry grumbled something that sounded very much hurt under his breath. Meanwhile, Travis, who had swam again closer, muttered: "Harsh" so that both of them could hear it, earning a dirty look from Pyry. This simple roused another mocking laugh from the spiky-haired boy. This, in turn, made the tall young man kick some water into the face of Travis, causing a string of foul curses echo in the air of the pool.

Honestly, these two worked quite well as a comedic duo.

"Hunting? But with what could he possibly hunt with. A lion like yourself, perhaps? I've personally ever used hawks and spears for any sort of hunting. It was the sort of thing that the teachers at my previous school assumed could... build us up, as it were. You know, learning on the go I think it's called in English?"
    Pyry, having calmed down a bit after his ego was needlessly crushed under the blonde's heel, shrugged.

"I dunno, a knife? Traps? He didn't exactly say," he answered. "I just know what he told me last night when we were later out with him, Inacio and... wait, what? S-spears? Hawks? The hell you're talking about?"

Travis, appearing from water just next to them, rolled his eyes.

"I bet it's some rich folk thing," he said. "'We hunt with spears, eat the eggs of deer and shit out jeweled chains', that sorta stuff. Sounds just loony enough to have one of them committed into this little mental asylum of sunshine and rainbows."

"Oh yes, you were performing last night, were you not? Thank you very much. My friend really enjoyed the performance."
    Once again it was time for Pyry to flush a little, as he couldn't quite hide the grin that rose to his face. The boy scratched the back of his neck.

"R-really? Ahahah~, well, glad your friend liked it! We all tried our best, after all," he said, eyes somewhere on the ground. "I bet the other members would like to hear your thanks, too~"

Meanwhile, in the water, Travis made a wanking motion to mock the lanky boy.

"Ah, forgive me. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Alexstrasza Lockhart. Ever so pleased to make your acquaintance."
    "O-oh, sure, likewise. The name's Pyry. Pyry Leijonamieli," the blonde boy said as he shook Alexstrasza's hand firmly and strongly. "And you apparently already know---"

Yank.

"BITCH-DESTROYER 3000!"

It happened quite too fast for either of them to stop it.

Pyry, who had caught a hold of Alexstrasza's hand suddenly found himself pulled backwards as Travis Gagnon shot out from the water, caught him by the waist, and then (using the edge of the pool as a springboard) catapulted them both backwards, towards the chlorine water. Meanwhile Alexstrasza, her hand still in the firm grip of Pyry, was yanked forward as a consequence. Had he been even slightly more prepared, Pyry would have probably let go... but instead, he clenched down in shock, managing to lock in a death-grip on Alexstrasza that pulled her backwards. Which was exactly, as it looked like, Travis had planned on.

With one fast move, they all were flying towards the pool and the water beyond.

Each one flailing like a madman.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

The barrage of plastic strikes rained down onto arms and hands that rose to block them.

“It was–“

A blow flew for his face and Colt’s arm shot up to block it. The residual momentum of the attack sent his own arm into his head, knocking the words out of his mouth.

Having stepped on the snake’s tail, there would be no easy escape from the enraged Copperhead.

“Ow! That hurts! Hey quit,” he deflected a blow and put up a hand to call for a time out, “it was an accid–“

A nefariously driven strike finally connected squarely with his face, sending his world spinning. Hand still held up, stars began to circle around Colt as he wobbled in his seat, then fell forward.

Landing on the edge of his own food tray, Colt’s uneaten breakfast shot up like a catapult, going straight to the girl raining down fury above him. His orange juice, the vanguard, went for her forehead. Half of an uneaten muffin aimed for the chin. His omelet carved a path toward her chest, and last but not least the plate with his bacon and sausage went for her hair.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru
    "Hmm, indeed I can see the resemblance. The way Miss Pheme is acting is somewhat similar to how your treat Pyry Leijonamieli... Though you do keep your choice of words to much more pleasant ones."
    I, a genius, would never miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkori
    "*condescending bark*"
    I'm being made fun of!

"Jii..."

I'm not really that awful, am I!? I mean, I only chastise people when they deserve it! Which is all the time!

Not that this average guy doesn't deserve it. For all I know this girl is perfectly justified in her anger.

"I-I don't act like that! And I can totally swear! Just watch!"

Alright, behold, my infinite knowledge of vulgar language!

"Fffffffff..."

Any second now!

"Fffffuuuuuuu..."

Just wait!

"Fuuuuuuuuuu... ugh."

"You can't just... say something gross to prove a point. Language like that is only meant to be used for a reason!"

Yeah. You have to use words wisely or they'll lose all meaning. Like that girl over there there. I'm sure Xylia has a good reason for being that angry.

"...wait. That's Xylia Pheme?"

The girl that replaced Elizaveta? The one Addie and I don't remember? That's her?

"Subaru. Subaru."

Poke, poke.

"What's her deal? And uh, the guy too?"

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

I nod amicably as Pyry speaks, listening closely to him as he does so. I would never want someone to feel uncomfortable around me after all, and Pyry is one of the first people I've had a normal conversation with, with nothing lurking underneath and no half-twists of the truth so that it's more bearable to say. It was simply what it was; unvarnished, brutal, and accurately, the truth.

"It's-!!"

And then, I'm flying, at the ever-so-vulgar "Bitch Destroyer 3000", which catapults myself, Pyry, and Travis into the water, where I sink like the proverbial stone to the ground, opening my mouth and shaking my hand free of Pyry as I kick upwards, shaking my head again as my hair flies every-which-way.

"Pfft..."

I honestly can't believe it.

"Ppp-pfft--!!"

Really, is such a thing even likely to happen? To me, no less? It's almost unthinkable.

"Pfffthahahahahaha!"

I laugh.

I laugh long and loud, and it sounds like bells ringing through the room as I laugh, lying on the water and staring upwards as I go breathless from the need to simply let go. No thoughts of anything but a moment as pure as this, right here, amongst two people I barely know.

Really, I can't stop laughing. It's just so funny to me, a person who tries her very best to appear as perfect as possible, who puts in every effort to be as close to that ever-so elite horizon that I've spent so much time striving for, to be...

This.

Ordinary.

Really, truly ordinary.

It's so very, very, nice to be something I'm not every once in a while and this place...

I think I like it quite a bit here. The water feels cool on my skin, and the laughter makes me feel lighter then even air. The music wafts through the air with a sort of lackadaisical shriek of something that doesn't really understand the concept of 'rhyme' or 'reason'. I quite enjoy it, far more then I ever thought I would.

"Hmm... I wonder how long it's been," I say, almost to myself as I raise a hand to the sky. "Since I've really, truly laughed."

Glancing over at Travis, I yawn and wave a lazy hand as I look back upwards, my legs curving upwards as I slowly swan kick through the pool.

"I'm not rich, you know. I simply found myself in the company of the elite when I had never wanted to be. I'm here for the same reason as you are, of course," I say, flicking some stray droplets of water at him. "I'm simply not fit for polite society. I've been trying ever so hard to improve, but I wasn't really raised with societal expectations in mind, of course."

I smile, closing my eyes as I gently run my hand in the water.

"I'm sure someday, I'll be allowed back into society. But I'm in good company, aren't I?"

I open one eye, looking at the two with a wide smile, and force myself upright, shaking my hair out as I look directly at the two boys before me, each different from the other, yet entirely comfortable with who they are.

"So from today on, I'm going to try my best to be a totally ordinary, absolutely normal girl! I'll do ordinary things, like laughing about school and searching for mysteries, instead of all the things I used to, like panicking about school and plotting with others on how to properly remove a teacher from our school!"

Yes. This is an important part of the process, but...

These certainly are not the people I want to discuss this with.

I flush, turning away.

"U-uhm... Please don't tell anyone I said that. I promised my mentor that I would do my best to make friends."

My tongue flicks over my teeth while the other two wait, and eventually the words come out:

"I'm not very good at it though."

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

Blog Entries
    Elise Pelltier & John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Has-has there been some disagreements between some of the other students? Everyone I've met so far has been friendly, but I'm sure that hasn't been everyone's experience..."
    Sakura nodded, looking somewhat troubled.

"Mhm, afraid so," she answered. "From what I understand two of the students, Prushka and Xylia Pheme, got into argument on the evening when we arrived. Then there was the last night when Xylia also got into an altercation with Colt Davin, Lucille Faraday and Mercedes West. And earlier yesterday it almost looked like Alexstrasza Lockhart and Travis Gagnon were about to fight... that being the same Travis who got into an argument with Hisa Momoi during yesterday's breakfast."

With a heavy sigh, Sakura leaned her cheek against her hands and her elbows against the table, squishing her cheeks in the process. She looked pretty much nowhere, just stared deep ahead with her eyes deep in thought.

"I don't wanna say it's a small number of students causing lot of trouble, but..." she chewed the inside of her cheek. "... It's beginning to look a lot like that."

The unspoken question in those words was clear:

---- What to do with such bad eggs?

Alexstrasza Lockhart

"I'm not rich, you know. I simply found myself in the company of the elite when I had never wanted to be. I'm here for the same reason as you are, of course. I'm simply not fit for polite society. I've been trying ever so hard to improve, but I wasn't really raised with societal expectations in mind, of course."
    As the droplets hit him in the face, Travis growled at snapped his teeth at the blonde like a dog, before turning it into a cynical cackle that didn't exactly believe what Alexstrasza was saying.

"Yeah, more like raised with absolute nutcase in mind..." the boy cackled to himself.

"I'm sure someday, I'll be allowed back into society. But I'm in good company, aren't I?"
    "Oh, for sure!" Travis shot back with a sneer. "With me and Mr. Tom of Finland here, I bet there's nothing that'll go wrong with your rehab. Nothing but straight road to success."

Pyry elbowed Travis a bit for the boy to ease up a little on the sarcasm and when he just flipped him a bird in response, Pyry rolled his eyes and shrugged at Alexstrasza. Nothing more he could do.

"So from today on, I'm going to try my best to be a totally ordinary, absolutely normal girl! I'll do ordinary things, like laughing about school and searching for mysteries, instead of all the things I used to, like panicking about school and plotting with others on how to properly remove a teacher from our school!"
    Silence reigned at the pool as the two boys looked at each other, eyebrows reaching for their hairlines. While Travis was somewhat familiar with the blonde girl's... bizarre examples and word choices, they were completely new to Pyry. Therefore the impact and the ensuing confusion were even greater for him.

Perhaps it was good that the girl then followed it up with:

"U-uhm... Please don't tell anyone I said that. I promised my mentor that I would do my best to make friends. I'm not very good at it though."
    Both of the boys burst into laughter, with Travis actually sinking momentarily beneath the surface of the waters as he was holding his sides. Pyry, instead, swam over to the side of the pool and leaned against it, flashing a grin from his pearly whites to the girl.

"Sure, no prob. Your incredibly obvious secret is safe with us... well, me at least," Pyry said and gave a look at Travis who was currently swimming for the surface. "Dunno 'bout mister small time thug here."

With impeccable timing, Travis broke the surface.

"I heard that Lion-O!"

Prushka

"Subaru. Subaru. What's her deal? And uh, the guy too?"
    Subaru could only shrug ever-so-slightly.

"Well... I honestly do not know. I heard that two days ago, when we arrived, she had some altercation with a student in the dormitory kitchen, but that is about it," Subaru explained. "She seems rather... mean, if you understand what I imply. A girl who cares little for anyone else and seems to find pleasure in the suffering of others."

Watching the unfolding scene not too far away, Subaru tilted her head. Funnily enough, Tonkori did the exact same thing, in the exact same way. It was hard to tell which one of them had learned this gesture from the other.

"As for the boy... I have no idea. I think his name is Colt Davin, or something to that effect," Subaru continued. "A rather unremarkable or unmemorable in many aspects, I think."

Harsh words.

But they were the only ones that Subaru was able to say.

--------- Because at that point, something started happening over at Colt and Xylia, too.

Colt Davin

KER-PLANG!

A horrible cacophony resonated within the cafeteria, and at this point, everybody had turned to look just what the hell was going on.

There, amidst the remains of what had been Colt's breakfast, stood Xylia Pheme - her clothes and hair utterly ruined. The glass of orange juice had collided with her forehead and cheap glass that it was, broken in two before hitting the floor and becoming nothing but fragments. The juicy contents had rained down upon the girl, soaking her clothes through. Meanwhile, the nick made by the sharp edge of the glass was trickling blood down her forehead. The muffin that had struck her chin had practically disintegrated on impact, spreading that purple color across her face and down her neckerchief. The omelet, on the other hand, had spilled all its contents all over her, making her front area now a path of eggy goo, with it dripping from every point of of her.

And, of course, her hair was an absolute mess of meat and grease, tangled up pieces of bacon and sausages twirled up in them.

A horrible, horrible silence had fallen over the cafeteria.

Literally everybody there was staring.

Xylia Pheme, her strikes having ended when the breakfast collided with her, simply stood there - dripping with food and looking rather miserable.

Well, miserable if you didn't count her eyes.

They were screaming pure murder, and beheld actual, factual hatred for Colt deep within them.

"YA ASS!"

The tray collided with Colt's forehead one last time as Xylia threw it behind her and stormed out of the cafeteria, the door slamming shut behind her.

Few more seconds of silence... and then the whispers started from other tables, who had witnessed this all.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"...I see. Thanks, Subaru."

So it's definitely her. The one that took Elizaveta's place.

I'm going to have to confront Xylia Pheme. That became certain as soon as I decided not to let this go. For all I know, she might be the culprit.

But right now, something else is more important.

I stand up, grab something from the table, and walk over...

...all the way to the the scene of the crime, where the mess of an ugly argument remains.

I have no idea what the context was. I don't know either of these two people. But something needs to be said, so I'll say it.

"Hey, idiot."

I greet Colt Davin for the first time by shoving a wad of tissues into his chest with all the force my tiny hands can muster.

"Go apologize to her. Right now. And if she wants to beat the crap out of you, let her."

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"I-incredibly obvious?!" I whirl to look at him, holding my hands up in shock as my legs kick underneath the water. "G-geh... I thought I was doing well... C-Cesarina even said that we should go to the principal immediately and request withdrawal..."

I've never been anything less then immaculate. It's not boasting, really, it's just a simple fact of the way I've lived my life up to this point. To be told that I'm...

This poor at hiding things is... Not the greatest news. Not with the secrets I have, and certainly not when I'm hiding something in front of the two people in front of me at this very moment. I try not to stammer as I speak again, and my eye twitches as I fail.

"I-in any case, what could ever be the problem with how I act? I have spent thousands of hours in the library, researching until I fell asleep with a book on top of my head. I did everything in my power to crawl from the bottom to the very top so..."

My words trail off the longer the sentence goes, as I fall into thought once more.

Ah.

It's a truth that I've come to accept, over time. That I'm simply a very lonely person.

I can't deny what's an honest fact, even if I dislike it immensely. But it's true, what I've given up along the way is...

Too much.

I've given everything I am and could possibly be to climb to the top of the elite, and yet, when I turn around and look back down the path, all I can see are corpses. A smile tinged with blood is still a smile, right?

I swim towards the edge and hoist myself on top of it, shivering a bit as the air hits my wet skin, as I turn my body around and kick the water lightly, watching as my feet move back and forth underneath a veneer of blue that fractures the water a thousand times with every twitch.

"Ah ha... Sorry," I say, smiling and tilting my head to the side as my eyes close again, "Let's lighten the subject! Hmm..."

I raise a finger and think to myself, wondering what someone with friends would do in this situation. Of course, my thoughts naturally drift back towards the film I watched with Cesarina, the one with the innocent children whose habitat was cruelly and callously invaded by a physician and his partner, who then proceeded to murder two of them before naturally succumbing to the lust for blood that all children innately have. Of course, one of the main topics of the film was 'religion'.

I clap my hands, delighted as I figured it out, and my smile seems a bit more real.

"Oh yes, of course! Whatever could your favorite films be? Having only seen a single one, I think I can safely say that they are, overall, quite a delightful experience!"

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES