Page 32 of 244 FirstFirst ... 22273031323334374282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Dormitory – Kitchen
    Morning Phase
    Overcast

A muted grunt reverberates in John’s closed mouth.

He does not care enough about this. He does not want to care about it, either. However, experience tells him otherwise, that not striving to preserve the homeostasis of his local social environment more often than not comes back to bite him like one of Ubon’s imaginary ticks. Therefore, he will have to (pretend to) care.

The problem: intervention is in no way guarantee that things will be better. After all, he is just John Dove. He does not have Mercedes West’s social adroitness. In the end, John Dove can only do his best.

“Hmm. I…I’m going to talk to myself for a while, ladies. Do feel free to ignore me and make fun of me afterwards.”

Following this…unusual statement, John does exactly as he has claimed.

“Hnn. The thing is, high schools are noisy places, as anybody would very well attest. High school students are noisy people. Explosive, thoughtless, insensate; I believe the word is, um, hormonal.”

His head sways from side to side, the small crease on his forehead expressing a degree of disagreement with the word.

“Young people are quick to conflict, and this is generally accepted as a good thing. As students, as young people, we are expected to learn how to handle social conflict in a controlled environment, where it will not have lasting consequences across society.”

The fingers of his left hand drum the table without rhythm or purpose. His eyes lack even more luster than the usual. His voice feels somewhat detached, as if he were truly alone in the room, talking to himself. Were it not for the pauses that imply conscious thought and assembly of sentences, it would feel like he is enunciating a well-prepared and memorized response.

“Furthermore, this school is special. Mister Oceandrop has gathered a special collection of students. So-called ‘problem children, unfit for society’.”

He sighs, the sound somehow expressing disapproval toward those specific terms.

“We are a group of outliers. Stronger passions, stronger ambitions, stronger attachments, stronger convictions, stronger beliefs, stronger foundations…”

An unnecessary, yet powerfully eloquent, pause. For the length of a sentence, John Dove’s eyes glint with the unmistakable luster of conviction.

…stronger desires, stronger doubts.

And then, just like that, it is over, and the young man seated in front of Sakura Tsukioka is the same morose person as ever.

“Conflict was inevitable. This group is entirely outside the median of humanity. If anything, our differences are even starker, so the clashes will be more…dramatic.”

Again, a frown appears on his face, brief as the blink of an eye.

The eyes that have been glancing at the empty bowl of cereal now look up in Sakura’s direction. They look not at her; they look at nothing, really.

“Conflict will happen, in some way or another. In front of our eyes, and well beyond our sight. The only thing we can do is confront aggressiveness with serenity. Meet hostility with prudence. Face opposition with acceptance. It will not be easy, but, well, the proper way of things is rarely the easy way.”

He sighs again. It sounds utterly fake, merely a means to fill a lull in the rant with any sort of sound or gesture. After that, John Dove’s eyes seem to regain awareness of his surroundings, pupils properly centered on Sakura’s face.

“It will not be easy, but I believe Sakura is the kind of person who can do it.” Again, he frowns. “Of course, the burden of peace in this little—“

—hollow—

“—world of twenty-nine people does not belong to Sakura Tsukioka alone.”

John concludes that pointlessly long and exaggerated rant with a brief chuckle.

“Then again, what do I know? I am not so reckless as to claim I have figured out Sakura Tsukioka in a mere two days.”

Some red colors his cheeks; the most embarrassment he will display at his awareness of the fact he could have just spoken the one next sentence, and thus spare everyone from that deluge of words.

“Long story short, there is no point in moping about the inevitable.”

Leaving those words floating idly in the air between them, John takes to the refrigerator for the orange juice, and to the cupboard for some sliced bread he saw earlier.

“Do either of you have siblings? Is this how it feels? Having twenty-eight really strange, really troublesome siblings?”

Blissfully unaware of how those words could be taken when coming from the likes of him, John shrugs lamely, trying and failing to feel pity towards himself.

“I do not have any siblings, so I honestly cannot tell.”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THU)
    Weather: Overcast

Apparently, my offer to clean for Mr. Halloway surprised him. I watched as his eyebrows and his beard quivered ever so slightly. He started to think slightly on my offer before giving me a job description.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Halloway
    "... Well, we would mostly need cleaning staff. Vacuuming the floors, dusting the rooms, changing sheets and taking care of laundry. It is a job that requires patience, good work ethics and perseverance, nothing like the part-time jobs you might be used to. This would be real work, and you'd given a real wage for it, if you're interested... though we'd need to set your hours flexible, whenever you can. But you'd be paid for what you'd do, nothing more and nothing less."
    “That seems nice. I think I’ll help out mostly in the morning on Weekends.”

He pulled out a box filled with tobacco and started filling a pipe up. I didn’t care for tobacco. Lighting tobacco made it obvious where you were. The embers was a bright light in dark areas. Carrying around the leaves or burning it gave you a pungent smell. Also, users craved it frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Halloway
    "If you are interested, I can have my niece work the details out once she gets back. In the meantime, feel free to use the library... And if you're hungry, use this. Let's call it on-the-house today. I can't have one of Daniel's kids go hungry, can I?"
    I watched as he slid a “free meal voucher” towards me. I didn’t know how to feel about that. Even if he insisted that it was so one of Daniel’s kids don’t get hungry, I didn’t like the concept of owing someone slightly. So I’ll make it a point to visit this weekend.

“I’ll make it up to you this weekend, Mr. Halloway. I’ll grab something light before heading down to the library.”

I looked around before heading in the direction of the smell of food. I’ll grab a few quick and filling foods before heading down to the library. I need to investigate a few things...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Date: 08.09.1994

"That being said... how is it? '

School for troubled youth', and all that? The way some people painted it two years ago, it sounded like they were sticking a mental asylum right next door to us."
    “Hah! Better than my initial assumptions of the place.” Wry amusement was clearly evident in the girl’s voice. “They have a bunch of these “correctional schools” back home as well.”

“Most of them are just for underage criminals and kids who tried to set their classmates hair on fire. They're basically juvies.”

“So my expectations were more along those lines, rather than some poor folks stuck in an asylum.” The raven-haired girl gave a brief pause, clearly weighing on how to best word what she was thinking. “The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.”

“Most folks here are neither fit to an asylum nor a juvie. They’re just some folks who have serious trouble coping with society. The type of folks who would be immediately stapled as the “class weirdo” no matter which normal school they went to."

“Though that might just be selling the degree of their “weirdness” a bit short. And there are some folks who would slot real easily into a youth prison or an asylum, I suppose.”

That, in essence, was what Anna thought of Pinefall High and its students. In the end, most of them just felt like they had been broken or twisted in some way. Not inherently insane nor malicious, but simply distorted by the gears of society and the world at large. Herself included of course. Who knew if this place was truly capable of “fixing” them, or if that was even what most students were looking for, but…

“Well, if you see some of them hanging around, don’t think too badly of them.” Anna gave the boy a small wink. “Most of them are pretty “cool” in their own way.”

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

A haggard sigh.

What goes up must come down. All the food that had struck Xylia had returned to the table, and Colt as well was covered in it. He rubbed his sore forehead, the skin of which was turning a darker shade than the rest of his skin.

The silence hurt.

More than the aching in his head or the soreness in his arms.

That is the calm before the storm. All of them looking his way. He doesn’t have to pry his eyes up from the table to know everyone is staring. And for every word they don’t say here and now, they’ll say later, to someone else. Gossip flies.

Plucking shards of glass and putting them on his messy tray, Colt began piling it for a trip to the trash, when a ball of napkins was shoved into his chest.

"Hey, idiot. Go apologize to her. Right now. And if she wants to beat the crap out of you, let her."

With an unfriendly exhale from his nostrils, he turned toward her.

“Yeah, go beg her to beat the shit out of me over an accident.” Even seated he had to look down to look her in the eyes. Prushka, or something. Never heard a last name. Not that he cared about that right now. “Brilliant idea. I wonder why it never came to me on its own. Oh wait. It did, but she was too busy trying to hit me to listen. Wow!”

Hostile sarcasm bled into his retort, which he punctuated by turning back to his cleaning. Grumbling a ‘thanks for the napkins,’ before wincing back and looking at his hand. A tiny dot of red trickled down from his index finger, a shard of glass puncturing the skin just enough to draw blood and to sting.

With an aggravated sigh he pulled the shard out with his fingernails, placing it on the tray. With a napkin he began to pat the tiny spot dry, then pressed on it to stop the bleeding. With his other hand he began gathering his mess back up onto the tray.

“… I can play the bigger man and apologize, but this is the second time, shrimp. I don’t go up to a person looking for a fight, but I also don’t go up to somebody to ask them to whoop my ass so I can feel better about myself. Apologizing is fortitude, flogging yourself so you can feel like you’re the victim is just damn pathetic. So what, I go say I’m sorry, and I really am. I’ll say it: I don’t like her. But I don’t come to breakfast to start fights with people I’m cross with. I didn’t mean for this. But then what? She decides she can forgive me if I tape my mouth shut and roleplay her punching bag? That’s strike three.”

The chunkier bits of his mess now on the table, only grease, runny egg and juice were left. More than any napkins would do anything to.

“I need paper towels and a mop.”
    Last edited by Spinach; February 11th, 2019 at 12:33 PM.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "I-in any case, what could ever be the problem with how I act? I have spent thousands of hours in the library, researching until I fell asleep with a book on top of my head. I did everything in my power to crawl from the bottom to the very top so..."
    The boys looked at each other simultaneously, sharing a look that seemed to imply they had both expected something like this. While Pyry seemed somewhat awkward to answer the question, Travis wasn't. Indeed, it seemed that the spiky-haired was absolutely relishing the chance to knock the blonde girl down a peg... maybe some sort of revenge from yesterday's objectification.

"Well, that would be..." Pyry started but tapered off, smirk tugging his lips.

Travis cackled.

"Come on, say it-!"

Encouraged so, Pyry eventually shrugged as he pedaled the water and gave Alexstrasza a lopsided grin, one that held nothing mean in it but unfortunately had to tell the naked truth.

"... Your problem is that you're kind of a dork," Pyry revealed. "I mean, not in a bad way! Some guys find dorks cute, even! But... still something of a dork, yeah. But that applies to lot of us, so don't worry~!"

Travis's cackled increased in loudness and he slapped the water in amusement.

"Desperate guys maybe!"

It seemed that while the two had come to the same conclusion, their viewpoints of this fact differed greatly. Thanks to his obnoxious personality, Travis found it a perfect way to make fun of Alexstrasza, while Pyry... well, Pyry was being his usual self, trying to turn it into something positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Ah ha... Sorry. Let's lighten the subject! Hmm... Oh yes, of course! Whatever could your favorite films be? Having only seen a single one, I think I can safely say that they are, overall, quite a delightful experience!"
    While the spiky-haired boy looked like he wasn't finished with the previous subject, even he got a contemplative look on his face at this question. Eventually he made a vague gesture, like he didn't exactly know the definitive answer, but gave one anyway.

"Scarface, I guess? My sis always said I look like Tony Montana," he said. "That or Raiders of the Lost Ark."

Pyry, on the other hand, seemed rather awkward thank to this question.

Eventually, he muttered an answer with a quiet voice and avoiding the eyes of both of Alexstrasza and Travis.

"... Rocky. The first one."

Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “Well, if you see some of them hanging around, don’t think too badly of them. Most of them are pretty “cool” in their own way.”
    "A'ight. I'll try to keep that in mind. Everybody deserves a chance, after all," the redhead said. "God knows I've been called a punk for forever, so I s'pose I can sorta relate... sorta."

Their light jog had taken them down the path next to the cliffs and the beach, and now the landmark that Zane had been talking about came to view. The old lighthouse, braving the weather and guarding the waves, stood like a big white giant not far from them. Next to it spread the beach the party of last night had happened, all traces of it already gone. Even the footprints in the sand had been washed away by sea and wind, making it appear desolate and empty once again.

Zane's eyes momentarily got lost in that sight, and he seemed to be gazing somewhere distant, maybe a memory. But just as quickly he shook off that sense of nostalgia and looked at Anna once more.

"So... how about you? Name implies you're far from home, after all," he asked. "Did you come here because you wanted, or because your parents forced you? Or something in between? Though... if that's a sore spot, never mind. We all have our own situations after all. In any case, hopefully Road's End won't bore you outta your mind for the year you guys stay. It might be the boonies, but there's lot of good in here as well."

Vier Wolff
    [BGM]

After a quick-yet-filling breakfast of French toast and coffee (all served by a very nice lady who was getting in on the years but seemed that much more peppy), Vier headed down to the basement floor of the hotel. Immediately the age of the building became much more apparent. The smells were amplified and dust seemed to be just about everywhere. The carpeted floor felt coarse and ancient beneath her shoes and the stairs creaked loudly as she descended them, thanks to the lift being apparently out-of-order. One must only wonder how much more difficult it made the life for the staff here... especially if Vier was considering on joining their ranks for some extra cash.

The lights down in the basement level were not all on, perhaps the bulbs being broken or simply non-existent. Others flickered annoying every so often, giving the place a much dimmer lighting than the hotel proper. This was not helped by the fact that instead of the rugged wallpaper that had been used on the main floor, the walls here were pure wood and had been carved with artistic representations of people dancing with owls or something similar. It might have been meant to be an invigorating scene but to anyone with modern sensibilities, it looked a bit too creepy to be enjoyed.

Still, walking down the corridor and passing few doors, Vier eventually found the one she was looking for. The third door on the right, one with a sign hanging from a crooked nail that had been carved with a single word: "Library." The corridor continued, but as she had been told not to snoop around, that was where she was supposed to go.

Trying the handle, Vier found the door unlocked, and stepped inside.

------- There, the stench of dusty paper and old pages assaulted her nostrils, fragrance of decades coming from the books that filled the room.

Row upon row, shelf upon shelf, it was less of a library and more of a labyrinth of knowledge, with no rhyme or reason as to how the books were arranged. Finding anything here would be an undertaking to be sure, or at least needing the task of figuring out if there actually was some sort of system with which the books had been arranged.

... But, forgetting that for now, it seemed that Vier was not alone in the library.

A peek of blue hair could be seen from amidst the shelves, and a quiet voice seemed to be reading something under their breath. Whoever this was, they had not noticed Vier entering the room, being too absorbed in their reading.

"... In 1981, The Man was said to have been sighted outside the old McLampet Estate - a sign of the misfortunes that continued to befall the family. Once again, the old song was brought to life, warning how The Man sought out those who were far from home..."

A soft female voice, reading aloud a rather creepy passage of some text.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 12th, 2019 at 01:06 AM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"No, what you need is some sense."

I don't poke the average looking guy - Colt Davin - again. Instead I circle around the table and jab my finger into an overturned puddle of slowly spreading orange juice. It's actually a bit of a shock, and I shiver for a moment at the strange sensation.

"I'm sure you're doing just fine right now. It must be awful, sure, and probably really humiliating to be part of a scene like this. It must really suck, but you're doing a great job of putting up with it. Because you can handle that much."

Really, couldn't he have understood the first time? This is why people are awful. Now I have to do the longer, worse way of explaining things.

"But however bad you feel, however scared and angry you might be..."

I glare at the boy.

"She's feeling it worse. She's just had her day, her year, ruined because you sat down in front of her. She's angry and terrified and all sorts of things I'm sure you're well acquainted with. And unlike you, Xylia Pheme can't lie to herself that it's going to be okay."

Don't you get it? You're human, aren't you?

"The school has a janitor to clean up this mess. But he can't clean up the mess you made in her heart."

I point accusingly once more.

"So. If you go after her right now and try to make things right again, you're an idiot. But if you stay here and complain after making a girl run off crying like that, you'll be scum."

Elaine Winters

A frown, one slow, speculative glance over the girl's subdued form, a thought, and then...

"Well, alright then."

Letting it go.

Elaine sipped at her juice, clearly displeased, but willing to let the matter rest for the moment.

"If you're not up to talking about it, I'm certainly not going to sit here and make you," She shrugged, "But if you're ever up for a chat about it, I'll be here."

A show of solidarity and support, and then a girl who loved ferreting out the deets just let the matter lie?

No, she just turned her attention to another front!

She whirled about, metaphorical guns ablaze, she puffed up with pride at Lucille's remark, "Yeah they were pretty awesome, not exactly my forte, but I made it work," She buffed her nails on her sweater, looking pleased, "Wish I'd done it more often, though, then I would've remembered to get rid of that leftover primer."

She shook her head, her fatigue showing, "Had to make a little late night detour to get rid of it, y'know, can't have a fire hazard goin' around unsecured."

She shook it off just as swiftly, "But yeah, I talk a big game about it being Kung-fu, but I was just quotin Ubon over here," She said, gesturing to the girl in question, "It's really more of a mutt style, some basic self-defense, some boxing from Gramps, Dad's Military Stuff and, uh, a little Lucha Libre."

She said the last part a little awkwardly, despite the little smile that showed her enthusiasm about the sport in question.

"So don't worry Gabi," She soothed the small boy, "I'm takin' on students is what I meant, not going to go around picking fights for no reason, I'm a defender of the innocent, like El Santo."

She smiled again, then winked and dove back into her food.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Alright shrimp.”

Colt pressed both hands into the table and stood up. As an average man of average height, the food-stained boy wasn’t used to towering over others, and took a moment to stop looking in the empty space above Prushka’s head.

“Only someone with a heart of plum evil could get a line like that pulled on him and ignore it.”

He looked down at the smaller girl, upper lip as stiff as one can get.

“I’ll have you know Copperhead is downright vile. Ain’t no normal person got any business apologizing to a little ball of venom like that and only an idiot sticks his hand into a snake’s burrow.”

His attention turned toward the door Xylia had slammed behind her.

“But you should know, I’m an idiot, and I’m not normal.”

Shoes hit tile, and Colt bounced for the door. Turning, he yelled back at Prushka.

“If she kicks me in the balls again, your ass is grass!”

With those words, he disappeared from the cafeteria and began the search.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Her ears weren’t really listening to the conversation at her table. No, she was more focused on the conversation between Prushka and Colt as she furiously tried to eat. She wasn’t extremely willing to go hungry over whatever ensued, so she played it as patiently as she could, waiting for the conversation to finish. There was no need to intervene, though… she disagreed with Prushka’s words. Xylia Pheme was most certainly not an innocent human being.

Rather, mercy should only be given to those who give it to others. The best way to let evil fester was to let it off easy, because all it needed to do was take. Give it the opportunity, and it would rob a good man blind. Though, this wasn’t a lecture she was willing to give at the moment as it was the morning and certainly that girl was feeling a bit proud of herself. Lucille admired that sort of blind optimism, because she used to have it herself.

Emphasis on used to.

“If she kicks me in the balls again, your ass is grass!”
    Lucille shot up from the table like a rocket, abruptly shaking it. She just wanted to have a quiet breakfast… but that seemed to be way out of the possibility now. Now that Colt was willingly throwing himself into the fire, it was up to her to pull him out before he got burned. It was probably easier if she ignored it, but she couldn’t ignore a man on the edge of a cliff. There was no way she’d let Colt Davin jump off into the vicious maw that was Xylia Pheme.

She turned to Prushka, her eyes filled with an unfortunate sense of worry for Colt Davin. By himself, with his sort of personality… He’d be the victim of something moronic, no doubt. Heaven have mercy on his soul.

“That man deserves to have a choice about whether or not he can have a family!”

Lucille said the first thing on her mind—the image of Colt’s suffering from the previous day unfortunately replaying in her head, and ran off after him. With how furious Xylia was when she left…

That was a terrible thought. She wouldn’t let that happen.

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "So don't worry Gabi. I'm takin' on students is what I meant, not going to go around picking fights for no reason, I'm a defender of the innocent, like El Santo."
    Gabi poked at his porridge with his spoon at these words, clearly mulling them over. There was no recognition in his eyes over what 'El Santo' was in this context... but he certainly tried his best to connect the dots. One could practically see the gears turning in his head as he put pieces of a puzzle together... only to come up short. Eventually, having only the moniker of 'defender of the innocent' to go on, Gabi turned to look back at the blonde girl.

For some reason, a ghost of a smile haunted his lips.

"... that's good... so you're not a bad person then..." he quietly murmured with his soft voice. "... Mom would be angry... she doesn't like those who hurt innocent people..."

Whether or not this had anything to do with the commotion that had taken over the cafeteria for a moment, one couldn't really tell. However, there it was again... that strange way Gabi referred to his mother again. Like she was present even at this very moment, at this very table. Of course she wasn't, whoever she was, but... it was a little eerie, all the same.

"... besides... if you pick fights with same fervor... as you pick your nose..." Gabi suddenly added, something tugging at the sides of his mouth. "... it'll be a real... pick-le..."

A low giggling, so tiny one could barely hear it, echoed from deep within the boy as he tried his best to hide his smile, his feet swinging back and forth rapidly informing that he was in an absolute giggle-fit over a horrible, horrible pun.

There really was something wrong with this boy.

Colt Davin & Lucille Faraday

By the time Lucille caught up to Colt, the boy had already found his target.

Though... for rather obvious reasons, he couldn't really go in. After all, Xylia Pheme had made pretty much a beeline from the cafeteria to the pool building, and from there into the communal showers. Her dirty, food-soaked clothes had been thrown haphazardly and with rage to one of the benches near the lockers and the first-aid-cabinet had been rummaged with gusto to procure some bandages, leaving gauze strewn all over the floor. Now one of the showers was running on the other side of the door, Colt having stopped at the locker room itself.

First thing streaming out of the shower room proper was hot steam. The shower Xylia was under right now must've been set to hellfire-levels of hotness as even the steam itself, having cooled down quite a bit on the journey to the locker rooms, was still rather warm.

The second thing stream out of the shower room was a litany of curses and the sound of someone punching the ceramic tiles of the shower wall, over and over and over again to the point that it started to sound actually painful. As in, those punches weren't just something made out of frustration... those punches were ones with force behind them. Sounding like they should have hurt and broken the skin a while ago already.

"That bastard, that bastard, that bastard, that bastard, that bastard, that bastard, that bastard, that bastard, that bastard---!" Xylia Pheme's vicious of pure hatred continued, sounding practically mad, repeating those two words over and over again. "That bastard, that bastard, that bastard, that bastard, that bastard, that bastard...!"

There was an ear-screeching scream that echoed from the girl's mouth, followed by what could only be her kicking those same ceramic tiles with all the force in her little body.

"How dare he mock me how dare he mock me how dare he humiliate me I should kill him torture him make him pay make him grovel have him lick my feet have him squirm in agony castrate him like a dog he is and then stuff a burning hot rod of iron inside his rectum---!" That maniacal voice continued. "Bastard bastard bastard bastard dog dog dog dog THAT MONGREL IS JUST A TOY AND NOTHING MORE HOW DARE HE HUMILIATE ME!?"

This... sounded actually dangerous.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"...what was that about?"

That girl shouted something ridiculous about children, then ran after him... well, whatever.

"Come on, people, get used to this kinda stuff!" I shout to the audience. I don't like talking to strangers at the best of times, but maybe it'd be best to soften the landing for when that guy gets back. "Haven't you seen any high school movies? This is just the tip of the iceberg!"

With that, I walk back to Subaru and melt into my seat, releasing a breath I didn't know I'd been holding.

"Honestly," I grumble. "This is why humans are awful."

"But that Colt's a smart one. He'll do just fine. And uh, sorry about walking off. Sometimes I see a problem and just get an urge to fix it."

Hm... that coffee...

Hey! It's actually not half bad now!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa

I stopped for a moment, then turned back to the girl, and gave her a faint smile.

"There are many things that can make life easier, yet it never works out that way...But I'll keep what you said in mind."

It was true. I might have been overreacting things, but then, she has asbolutely no clue how things are from my perspective.

"Anyways, I'll go grab some food, then prepare for classes. I'll...see you later, I guess."

With that, I made my way back to the school. I made a brief trip to the cafeteria to grab some toast and fill one of my bottles with tea; the place seemed to be just as lively as yesterday, if not more. I noticed Prushka scolding the weird boy over one of the tables, which...now looked like the remains of a food fight. I saw Elaine and a bunch of other familiar faces as well, but I didn't exactly feel like staying for now.

I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do. I did some half assed exercising, grabbed food, time wasn't enough to sleep some more or to really go anywhere outside campus...

Aimlessly wandering around the hallways while nibbling on my toast, I ended up finding myself in front of the music room.

Yeah, it might not be such a bad thing. Having some time alone, with the piano...Might just be what I need.

I opened the door and made my way straight to the piano, but I instantly realized that I missed something. I wasn't alone in the room, there was another guy - Inacio, if I recalled correctly.

"O-oh. Hey there, didn't even notice you for a moment."

I sat down in front of the piano, and turned to the boy with a smile on my face.

"But then, I'm not really surprised to find you here, not after yesterday's performance..."

On one hand, he gave me sort of a nostalgic and comforting feeling; a kindred soul who was so immersed in music, yet, somehow, it also made me feel sad, but I couldn't really grasp the reason.

"You know...It is nice to have other people around who can see the beauty of music. Before coming here, I have only ever played with another person, but...she is gone now. And much as I prefer playing somewhat more...deeper, more emotional songs, performing together yesterday was still pretty fun."

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

The basement of the building was very different from the rest of the Owl’s Nest. If the main building was updated as needed to suit the times, the basement stayed in the past. The upkeep was minimal which you can tell just by walking to the library. The lighting was haphazard and flickering. Dust was everywhere. The elevator was broken.

Also, the hallway was creepy. There were a bunch of wood carvings of owls on the wall. Does the town have some story to do with owls? Because yesterday’s mascots were all (zombie) owl mascots. Today, I’m walking past a lot of varied carvings of people dancing with owls. The town probably has something du

Eventually, I passed by a few doors that I was told to not trespass in. I didn’t even consider breaking into them, because I disliked stirring trouble until I needed to. First door. Second door. There we are the third door. The second I opened it, I felt the smell of old parchment and paper. As well as someone talking…

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Voice
    "... In 1981, The Man was said to have been sighted outside the old McLampet Estate - a sign of the misfortunes that continued to befall the family. Once again, the old song was brought to life, warning how The Man sought out those who were far from home..."
    I looked for the source of the voice.

“Excuse me. I’m new to this library and was told you could assist me with the layout of this library,” I gave the Canadian a smile. “Nice to meet you, my name is Vier Wolff. What kind of book were you reading? A horror novel?”

Blog Entries
    Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "But that Colt's a smart one. He'll do just fine. And uh, sorry about walking off. Sometimes I see a problem and just get an urge to fix it."
    Subaru shook her head as if to say that she didn't mind... but retained also a rather gentle smiled that felt like she was proud of what Prushka had just done. While the smaller girl had been gone, she had finished up her own breakfast and was now feeding Tonkori some doggie treats while the Akita inu puppy happily lazed on her lap. Prushka's arrival only made the dog lazily wag its ear... and for some reason a suspicious amount of bacon was missing from Prushka's plate.

"That is very understandable. A strong sense of justice is something that is very much needed by this world," Subaru answered. "The way I see it, if we sit and do nothing while evil works its way into society, we are as much evil as that vileness. Inaction can be as much of a sin as action itself."

Punctuating her words with a sip of her was-once-coffee... only to realize her cup was long empty... Subaru stifled a little yawn that escaped her lips, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Still, that sort of personality must have earned you many admirers at your home," she continued without a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "The world is sorely lacking in 'heroes' after all, so there being a real-life one, no matter how mundane in her achievements, is surely a relief to those around you."

Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    "O-oh. Hey there, didn't even notice you for a moment. But then, I'm not really surprised to find you here, not after yesterday's performance..."
    Inacio, who had been in the middle of tuning his guitar as Hisa had entered, offered a nod of greeting and a gentle smile to her. If he was feeling fatigue from last night's performance and party, he didn't really show it. If anything, he seemed to be as energetic as ever, practically oozing his usual quiet charm and natural charisma. Eyes shining, skin glowing, quiet power in everything he did... 'Inner Fire' was a term that could be very well used to describe Inacio Ilusão.

"Ah, good morning to you too, Hisa," he greeted her with that soft voice of his. "I suppose I am a little cliched and predictable in what I do, but then again... who isn't? At the very least I enjoy being cliched and predictable."

He chuckled at his own words and strummed few notes that almost sounded like his own laughter from his acoustic guitar.

The Music Room had clearly been cleaned during yesterday, most likely by the school's janitor who they all had seen walking around every now and then, mopping the floors or dusting the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    "You know...It is nice to have other people around who can see the beauty of music. Before coming here, I have only ever played with another person, but...she is gone now. And much as I prefer playing somewhat more...deeper, more emotional songs, performing together yesterday was still pretty fun."
    Inacio nodded in understanding.

"Music can be deep and emotional, awakening feelings of nostalgia... but that sort of music is also very taxing, right? It's not a bad idea to sometimes just stop being serious and fool around a bit. I mean... we are all still quite young. These are our last years of enjoying such freedom," he said, plucking few more playful notes. "Besides, just getting together with friends or acquaintances and playing whatever you want is a great form of bonding, as I've noticed. Personally I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to do it again sometime in the future."

Just like his careful guitar playing, it seemed that Inacio was gently dancing around the rather morose mention of a person that was not lost to Hisa. While he did seem always affable and pleasing, he did seem to have a habit of avoiding any heavy topics. Almost like he didn't want to get too involved with other people and their problems.

Perhaps that was why he came across flirty every now and then.

"Ah, speaking of music, did you hear? Apparently a somewhat famous singer is in Road's End these days, spending her days out of the limelight. From what I gather, she still sometimes sings... though I don't know in which establishment."

Oh-ho? Local gossip, this early in the morning?

Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Excuse me. I’m new to this library and was told you could assist me with the layout of this library. Nice to meet you, my name is Vier Wolff. What kind of book were you reading? A horror novel?”
    "GHYA!?"

Thanks to Vier's surprising words, a loud yelp echoed in the library as the suddenly-accosted girl jumped up in surprise, having been sitting on a stack of books and reading an old journal of some sort. She flailed around for a good few seconds, trying to get her balance back, before crashing down in a rather spectacular fashion, making books fly in just about every direction, one almost bonking Vier on the forehead.

"Owowowow..."

There, in the pile of books that was now scattered across the floor, sat a person... a young woman to be exact. She seemed to be in the same age group as Vier herself, though dressed in an attire just screamed of money. Long hair that was almost midnight blue in color, defined features and sharp eyes gave a picture of a girl who was a strict as a whip... but also quite embarrassed at the moment, having been taken completely off-guard. The girl was rubbing the back of her head. She grimaced, winced a bit at the pain and then staggered back up, dusting off her clothes.

"Ugh... W-what was... Oh!" She started, before realizing Vier was standing right before her. Very matter-of-factly, she coughed into her fist. "A-hem! I apologize. Y-you took me by surprise and, I, well, was rather deep into that book... didn't realize you were there."

She gave herself a once-over, and after being satisfied that nothing was out of place, she put a hand on her hip and turned that sharp gaze of hers towards Vier.

Well... now that she was standing up, it was rather easy to notice that she was a pretty tall young woman, nearly 190cm.

"But, what was that? Ah, yes, the library? I suppose I am rather used to it by now... though I don't know aboot being able to assist with the layout. The way these books are arranged is still quite the mystery to me," she said, flashing a curt smirk. "Though I have realized it just might have something to do with the year they've been printed... or the year they've been added here. I'm still not certain."

Then, with some force, she stuck her hand out for Vier.

"Anyways, I apologize for late introductions," she spoke. "Nora Norumbega, a student at the Memorial University of Newfoundland. Nice to meet you, Vier Wolff. Are you one of the new students of Pinefall I've heard so much aboot?"

New Person Met!

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura
    "I don't wanna say it's a small number of students causing lot of trouble, but... It's beginning to look a lot like that."
    I'm going to keep those bits of gossip in mind...

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Hmm. I…I’m going to talk to myself for a while, ladies. Do feel free to ignore me and make fun of me afterwards.”
    Elise finished off her cereal as she listened to John's stream of consciousness. With the last of her cereal gone, she drank the remaining sugar saturated milk remaining in her bowl.

“We are a group of outliers. Stronger passions, stronger ambitions, stronger attachments, stronger convictions, stronger beliefs, stronger foundations… stronger desires, stronger doubts.”

“Conflict was inevitable. This group is entirely outside the median of humanity. If anything, our differences are even starker, so the clashes will be more…dramatic.”
    Elise remained silent, not wanting to interrupt John as he collected his thoughts.

Outliers, eh? That is an interesting way of looking at our group. The idea of the inevitability of conflict is a little depressing, but true enough.

“It will not be easy, but I believe Sakura is the kind of person who can do it. Of course, the burden of peace in this littleworld of twenty-nine people does not belong to Sakura Tsukioka alone.”
    He's right. The burden of peace isn't one person's responsibility. There are staff and teachers here for that. Not to mention we can all do our part. Still, Sakura absolutely seems like the kind of person who would try.

Actually... I'm kind of surprised that the staff don't have more of a presence among us...

“Long story short, there is no point in moping about the inevitable.”
    I think there's plenty of reason to mope about the inevitable. You can't do anything about it, thought Elise as she contemplated her empty bowl.

Elise looked up from her bowl and made an effort to be more optimistic about the situation, "We've had a few bumps and bruises among us so far, but I think we're going to see more friction between students right now, at the beginning of the year as we all get to know each other, learn each others boundaries, and how to navigate between each other. Once we get over these initial rough patches, I'm sure it'll be smoother sailing, although there will always be jagged rocks and storms lurking in this nautical metaphor."

“Do either of you have siblings? Is this how it feels? Having twenty-eight really strange, really troublesome siblings?”
    "Heh, I guess that's a good way to look at our class, as very large, strange and troublesome family," chuckled Elise, "I've only got three older siblings, but I don't feel like they've adequately prepared me for having twenty-eight more though."

“I do not have any siblings, so I honestly cannot tell.”
    "It's a good analogy... Only child, eh?" asked Elise, tracking John as he retrieved a loaf of bread from the cupboard, "Kind of surprised to hear that, you struck me as being someone's younger brother."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"Did you come here because you wanted, or because your parents forced you? Or something in between? Though... if that's a sore spot, never mind. We all have our own situations after all. In any case, hopefully, Road's End won't bore you outta your mind for the year you guys stay. It might be the boonies, but there's lot of good in here as well."
    “No, no, it's fine. It is not really something that I’m particularly tender about.”

Despite the content of her words themselves, a quiet sense of melancholy washed over the Estonian girl. While the razor-sharp rage and fury she once felt might have been blunted by the passing of time, any thoughts of her parents still managed to dig up some painful memories of the past. Perhaps that was for the best. Not feeling anything would probably be ten times more terrifying.

That would just mean that she had forgotten about it all.

“My folks weren’t a factor. I'm pretty independent in that regard." A brief silence fell over the pair. "Dear dad has been dead for almost ten years now and my mom… well, she isn’t really in a state to offer any comment on anything.”

Her eyes tracked over the fir trees and the sea, the cliffs and the weathered-looking lighthouse in the distance. It was off, almost as if what she was looking at a warped mirror. An alternative universe, where things generally looked the same, but just enough details had been warped to make the entire scene feel alien to her. The image seemed to trigger some nostalgia in Zane, but in Anna, it just resulted in a brief, but intense, moment of yearning.

For home.

“Honestly, I had no intentions of coming to this place.” A small grin flashed on her face. “Burnt the first letter I got, in fact.”

“But I wasn’t really given a choice in the end. You see, back home I’m a bit of a troublemaker in the eyes of the law, so I think they see this as my “community service” in a way.”

“Aah, well, it's not all bad. The folks here seem pretty nice and living in a small town has its own charms, suppose.”

Anna’s eyes were glued to the distance, never once leaving the rocking sea in the distance. Her last words were only a half-mumbled whisper, inaudible to even Zane who was running besides her.

“...And who knows? Maybe this place can prove me wrong.”
    Last edited by Mellon; February 12th, 2019 at 04:59 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"H-hero?"

For a moment it doesn't sink in. This isn't the reaction I expected. Actually, compared to what I usually get, it seems almost ludicrous.

But it's real. Subaru isn't being ironic. She's not making fun of me. Is it because of her upbringing? Was she taught to see justice a certain way?

"T-thanks. Nobody has ever called me heroic before."

Not even that. Even though Subaru's words make my heart feel all fluffy, I can't accept them unconditionally. I've never thought of myself that way either. Because...

"I mean, it's just ordinary meddling, isn't it? If he manages to fix things with Xylia, Colt would be the hero. Anyone can preach about the correct thing to do, but actually doing it is what matters."

Yeah. Telling people how to fix their problems is the easy part. That's something I couldn't forget even if I wanted to.

"Besides... This might be the first time someone's ever listened. Back home..."

It's a collection of sour memories that I'd prefer not to visit. But Subaru should know.

"People hate a meddler that sticks her nose into other people's business. They'll not listen out of spite. Even if she's right. Especially if she's right. Because people are dumb."

Yeah. Nobody ever listens. They just blame me instead of thanking me.

I get started on the second cup, and chew on one of the few pieces of bacon left on my plate. It has some suspicious looking bite marks on one end.

"Or maybe they're too smart."
    Last edited by Bloble; February 12th, 2019 at 09:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Cheshire

She had stayed well in bed, looking up at the ceiling for a few minutes after the alarm. She hadn't really thought about rain, but this state was supposedly one of the rainiest in all of America, and she was gauging whether or not to bring an umbrella.

It couldn't hurt...?

She looked out at the grey light through the window, thinking. She could either be one of those people who brought things around them even when they weren't needed, and attract some attention to themselves, or just go back when it rained and grab it then. At the very least, the dormitories weren't far from the main building at all.

She could stand to get a little wet here and there.

---

Adelaide Cheshire

Adelaide had sorted out the problem, and now she was here, on the boy's floor, politely knocking on Souma Nubatama's door. She had gotten dressed and walked down, resolving to finish something up that she had started yesterday. After all...

This was the first step, wasn't it?

Trying something new?

So here she was, at the one-eyed boy's door, waiting to ask him to teach her how to make a burger.
    Last edited by Mooncake; February 12th, 2019 at 12:07 PM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Any motivation the midget had lit a spark of in Colt was put out by the sound of running water. He stood awkwardly in the locker room, looking toward the showers, then back at the door he came from. Retreat, or advance.

An angel popped up on his shoulders.

Things will only get worse if you go in there, Colton. Hands clasped as if to pray, the angel spoke advice in a voice as heavenly as its white robe and golden halo. Be a gentleman and wait.

Colt nodded.

Good.

A beam of light encircled the angel like a spotlight and a hymn echoed in Colt’s imagination. Its job done, its advice heeded, the angel spread its wings and rose up into the heavens. With a smile it shut its blue eyes with the knowledge that it had steered its ward from certain doom.

BANG

And the angel fell.

Don’t go listenin’ to that square, kid. You gotta be a go-getter. Remember what the squirt said? You gotta apologize. Today. Now.

A voice like a sleazy car salesman drew Colt to his other shoulder. A red skinned imp in a suit of black and white stripes stood there with a smoking revolver, which it placed in its mouth. The barrel turned into a cigar before the boy’s eyes, and the devil took a deep drag.

Ya really gonna run away? No man I ever knew got nowhere good runnin’ away. Ya turn tail and split, ain’t nothin’ back there but missed opportunities and sadness. Gonna be headin’ back to class knowin’ you failed and tryin’ to patch this back up later gonna look real sorry, like ya forcin’ yaself after draggin’ ya feet for hours. You know what I’m sayin’?

The entire time the devil ran his mouth, Colt had a hand to his chin. Rubbing it in thought, nodding along.

“You make a looootta sense.”

He finally said back to the imp.

‘course a guy like youse’d think I make sense. I’m part of your subconscious, ya idiot. Now go in there and get a good look!

“Hold up now, I’m here to apologize, not peep into the shower.”

Same thing, kid! Ya gotta peel a banana before you eat it, ya gotta look at the girl before ya says ya sorry.

“That makes sense.”

The hymn started up, and the beam of light returned to his other shoulder as the wounded angel climbed its way back up. A bullet wound in its wing made it apparent why the heavenly figure birthed from Colt’s mind hadn’t just flown back up to his shoulder.

Don’t do this, Colt. You’ll only ruin-

BANG

Another gunshot, and the angel fell once more.

Get in there, kid.

“Right.”

Colt took a single step forward.

But more footsteps echoed in the locker room.

Frozen in place, like an old Loony Tunes character when you paused the VHS, Colt turned to see Lucille Faraday walk into the shower behind him.

At the same time, the dangerous, manic screams of hatred and loosely wound threads of sanity reached the locker room.

“H-Hey, Lucille. You uh, were you in the cafeteria too?”

Blog Entries
    Elise Pelltier & John Dove

“It will not be easy, but I believe Sakura is the kind of person who can do it. Of course, the burden of peace in this little... world of twenty-nine people does not belong to Sakura Tsukioka alone. Then again, what do I know? I am not so reckless as to claim I have figured out Sakura Tsukioka in a mere two days. Long story short, there is no point in moping about the inevitable.”
    As John had started his monologue, Sakura's tiredness has momentarily evaporated, at least to a point. Her eyes were glued to the boy and she was listening intently, clearly taking in every word that he was saying. There was no telling whether or not she had agreed to everything he had said, but at the very least he had gotten a giggle out of her when he mentioned the word 'hormonal'. Still, politely and attentively, she listened on until the boy had finished.

Then, surprisingly demurely, she blushed, mirroring John's momentary embarrassment.

"W-well, I'm not so sure I alone can do it... but thanks for believing in me, John," Sakura answered, fidgeting with her fingers. "But I think you're right about moping being fruitless when it comes to the inevitable. If we have time to mope about something, we should use that time for something useful. Hopefully others see it that way as well. I mean... if we were able to smooth all the wrinkles in this community of ours, I think our year would be that much more fun."

Then, laughing in an embarrassed way, she scratched her cheek.

"But I suppose that's a somewhat naive way of thinking..."

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "We've had a few bumps and bruises among us so far, but I think we're going to see more friction between students right now, at the beginning of the year as we all get to know each other, learn each others boundaries, and how to navigate between each other. Once we get over these initial rough patches, I'm sure it'll be smoother sailing, although there will always be jagged rocks and storms lurking in this nautical metaphor."
    Sakura nodded to Elise's words, indicating that she agreed with what the other brunette had said. Finishing up her own breakfast while the girl was talking, she put her bowl down at the end of Elise's dialogue.

"Yeah... as long as nothing irreversible happens, as long as we can navigate that storm, I think we'll be able to make it a... smoother sailing eventually," Sakura answered. "But I think we're gonna need a competent crew for that sort of journey, one that'll pull those who fall out of the boat back in before they get lost. That's not something only a captain can do... it'll take everyone's effort."

Sakura flashed a grin at Elise, having continued the latter's nautical metaphor.

“Do either of you have siblings? Is this how it feels? Having twenty-eight really strange, really troublesome siblings?"
    "Heh, I guess that's a good way to look at our class, as very large, strange and troublesome family. I've only got three older siblings, but I don't feel like they've adequately prepared me for having twenty-eight more though."
    "I do not have any siblings, so I honestly cannot tell.”
    "It's a good analogy... Only child, eh? Kind of surprised to hear that, you struck me as being someone's younger brother."
    "Well, if that spot is free, I'm calling dibs!" Sakura giggled and ruffled John's hair by reaching across the table with a smile on her face. "I'd be more than happy to be a big sis for John here... and you as well, Elise!"

Her other arm shout out, this time to ruffle Elise's hair.

... It actually did feel like something an older sibling, at least a little weird one like Sakura Tsukioka, would have done.

"Anyways, siblings? Well, not exactly... though I do have one sort-of little sister I had to look after back at home," she said after messing up both their hairs and retreating back on her chair, leaning back with a grin. "A really handful of a girl, one that was always getting herself into trouble. Really made Onee-san worry at times, y'know?"

With an exasperated 'humph' Sakura put her hands on her hips, almost like she was admonishing whoever this mystery sister was.

Anna Vandemeel

“My folks weren’t a factor. I'm pretty independent in that regard. Dear dad has been dead for almost ten years now and my mom… well, she isn’t really in a state to offer any comment on anything.”
    That made Zane's eyes snap to Anna. The boy listened to her without saying a word, his face an impassive mask that betrayed no emotions... but his eyes did. There was no pity of them, only sympathy - the type that only someone who had been through the same thing could give another person. Perhaps that's why he didn't say anything long-winded or emotional, or even apologetic. He knew that that wasn't what Anna was looking for, having instead stated this very matter-of-factly.

In other words... he 'understood' Anna Vandemeel.

"I see..." Zane murmured. "You've done well, then."

“Honestly, I had no intentions of coming to this place. Burnt the first letter I got, in fact. But I wasn’t really given a choice in the end. You see, back home I’m a bit of a troublemaker in the eyes of the law, so I think they see this as my “community service” in a way. Aah, well, it's not all bad. The folks here seem pretty nice and living in a small town has its own charms, suppose.”
    "A troublemaker, huh? I suppose that explains your... aura, I suppose it is," Zane said with a slight grin. "Though it might just go back to that warning pops had about girls wearing Adidas. Will need to make sure you don't teach anything unnecessary to Shane. He's got enough punk-tendencies from his older brother, that bastard."

Zane chuckled at his words and winked at Anna... only to see that the girl had gotten lost in the view of the sea and the mist beyond it. For a moment, he was content on just watching over them as they jogged to the spot where the cliff-side road separated to a path that eventually lead to the lighthouse... but as they passed the building and moved to the loop that would take them back to the school, he said something a little unexpected.

"Well... while the town is nice, it has its own problems here and there," he said. "You ever get any trouble 'round here, don't hesitate to give me a holler. I don't mind helping out if I can."

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "People hate a meddler that sticks her nose into other people's business. They'll not listen out of spite. Even if she's right. Especially if she's right. Because people are dumb. Or maybe they're too smart."
    "Mmm... t-that might be the case, but on the other hand, I think it is solely because people do not want to be wrong," Subaru answered, yanking a piece of bacon out of Tonkori's mouth. "If we are wrong, many feel that we have done something bad, or perhaps, feel like we have become somehow less... so we tend to lash out. Even if it comes across as something petty as not listening to advice."

Maybe she was about to say something more, but suddenly a realization seemed to hit Subaru. She stared at Prushka with an odd gaze, blinking a few times... before she reached out and patted her head quite gently. Then, as she got back in her chair, she beamed a rather brilliant smile, one that was proud of what she had just come up with.

"Well, if you want an example of how they feel, I think you need only to think back to how you felt when the conversation was about Pyry Leijonamieli... or perhaps when he patted your head," Subaru said surprisingly slyly. "It was something embarrassing for you, yes? Many feel similarly ashamed when they are wrong, and again, they try to drive away those feelings in the first way they can... which is usually to reject what caused that embarrassment in the first place. It is a silly thing to do, but at the same time, understandable."

Subaru scratched her dog behind the air, and Tonkori grinned at Prushka in a way that almost felt like the dog knew what was going on.

"I think reflecting on your own experiences might make you see their viewpoints," Subaru concluded. "They are not bad people because they do not listen. They just might be scared and embarrassed and lash out because of that. But... something like that should not discourage us from trying to help people. They might lash out, but if we try to make them see that being wrong is nothing to be embarrassed about, well... they might just listen."

... Huh.

A surprisingly mature view-point for one as young as Subaru Iburi.

Adelaide Cheshire

Adelaide knocked on the door of Souma Nubatama in the quiet of the boy's floor dormitory, the grey light of the overcast sky outside streaming in through the windows. However, while the silence of the floor was broken momentarily by her hand meeting the wooden door... that was the only sound that could be heard. In other words, there was no response. Waiting a minute or two, and repeating the knock a few times, it was beginning to become clear that wherever Souma Nubatama was this morning, it was not in his room.

In other words, the boy was not at 'home'.

"... Huh? What're you up to, Jellyfish? Trying to break into someone's room?"

A sudden voice caught Adelaide by surprise, a rough tone calling out to her. Turning around she saw a pair of vulgar eyes, a rude grin and a head full of spiky, white hair. All of this was attached to a boy leaning on the wall not far from her, eyeing up what she was doing with some interest and clear glee at having witnessed something he found interesting.

Indeed, it was the other punk of the First Class of Pinefall High: Hwan Bin.

"If you wanna sneak all the dirty little secrets outta Souma's room, you're not gonna do it by politely knocking," Hwan said, before suddenly fishing something out of his pockets. "I'd suggest using something like this."

For some reason, the boy was now brandishing what must have been a lockpicking set, one that looked fairly well-used and well-kept.

New Person Met!
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 12th, 2019 at 08:39 PM.