Page 46 of 244 FirstFirst ... 36414445464748515696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (FRI)
    Weather: Rain

"Haaah?" I say in response, tilting my head. "You really shouldn't say things you shouldn't mean, you know. Someone might take offense."

What a horrible person. But even horrible people definitely deserve friends. I only have two and I was told, in no uncertain terms, that I had to make more. Leaning against the table, I arch an eyebrow at the book in front of Mercedes West, smiling with closed eyes as I see it.

"My my, isn't that book a tad... difficult for someone like you? I didn't know that actresses were interested in dead languages."

Trailing a finger along the table, I open one eye and look at Mercedes West, my lips curling back into a thin line of a smile.

"But after all, I suppose anyone with such poor manners would need some advice from the dead and damned if they ever hoped to succeed."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Date: 09.09.1994

“Hmm… okay.” Anna gave a brief glance at the rain-soaked street in front of her. “I have to say, its a pretty interesting time to hold sales though.

In all honesty, Anna didn’t particularly care whether she made it back to class on time or not. She was more than willing to leave the "prim and proper" playacting to those who actually cared about it. But Shane seemed to be somewhat off-put by the, rather long, trip to the Owl’s Nest so she decided to go with the flow for the time being. It wasn’t really that important and, as the boy recommended, she could still head there in the evening. And all things considered, she should probably at least try to set a decent example for the brat. Otherwise, he might grow up to be a half-assed punk like herself or his brother.

Besides, meeting this oddball of a shopkeeper might be interesting in its own right.

“Well then, lead the way. I haven’t really been there before, so which way are we heading off?”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “There is a Director’s Office, though. Is he actually in the school building during business hours, or is that room there just for appearances’ sake?”
    The janitor shrugged, a somewhat lukewarm smile on his face.

"He might be, he might not be... you never know with Mr. O," he answered. "I think he'd like to be around more, but alas, there's about gazillion little things that requires his attention daily... especially since we're just starting. But I bet it'll ease a little as the year goes on."

“Anyway, the big wilderness out there is plenty dangerous enough, but, as a local, is there anything else you think I should keep an eye out for? I just want to make sure I do not stumble into unnecessary and perfectly avoidable trouble. I’d say my classmates will be challenge enough.”
    Jake rubbed his chin, thinking for a moment. Then, after a while of pondering, he got a strange expression on his face. It was somewhere between a joking grin and something surprisingly serious, a sort of deadpan amusement that happens whenever someone remembers something that's both funny and a bit worrisome. Turning to look John dead in the eye, the Janitor, for some reason, raised his hand high up, as if mimicking something big.

"Try not to piss off the owner of Big Boy's. That person is not to be messed with," he warned... before easing his expression a bit. "... Though I suppose that's same with everyone. See, the townsfolk are a tightly knit community. You piss one off, be prepared for others to be angry at you as well."

A sound advice at a small town.

“By the way, Mr. Briggs, do you not think it is a little too early for cola?”
    Jake blinked in surprise, but then chuckled a bit, knocking back another swig from the can.

"'Too late' is more like it," he commented. "I've been awake since before the sun came up, since, y'know, it's my job. Need to keep myself awake since the day ain't over yet, and a nap right now would just screw up my internal clock even more."

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "But after all, I suppose anyone with such poor manners would need some advice from the dead and damned if they ever hoped to succeed."
    Mercedes heaved a heavy sigh and something that sounded like quiet swearing under her breath. Her fingers rubbed her temples, showcasing a growing migraine caused by the blonde student that invaded the sanctity of this library this morning. Once again leaning back on her chair and leveling a positively cold glare at Alexstrasza, the actress made no secret of the level of contempt that was growing within her.

"Poor manners? Me? I mean, gawd, that's rich coming from Miss Hicksville over here, barging her unnaturally big nose where it doesn't belong," Mercedes shot back. "This some sorta, like, morning ritual to whatever boonies you're from? Annoy people with actual stuff to do since you don't gotta shovel manure this morning?"

Clicking her tongue in distaste, Mercedes slammed shut the book she had been reading. Whatever the name of the book was, it had been written the same unknown lines and symbols, making it impossible to read. The book itself looked rather old, showcasing clear age in its worn-out appearance.

"But whatevs, you want me to bully the socially retarded country-bumpkin, I'm game. Getting nowhere here either, so I s'pose I can waste some time picking you apart," Mercedes continued, sounding almost a little bored now, a bit like she was going at this with an auto-pilot. "What do you want me to, like, insult? How your fashion-sense is nonexistent? How your accent is ridiculous and how it deserves to get made fun of behind your back? Or how you and that other braindead tart, Feroce, are on the fast-track to become the Prime laughingstock of this school?"

A smug smirk, if a tired one, appeared on Mercedes' face.

"I can go at it from what-evah," she added. "I mean, you are a super easy target."

Anna Vandemeel

A bell rung in the back room of the old brick-house store to announce the arrival of Anna and Shane.

It hadn't been a long walk over to the store, but during that time the constant rain had gotten them both a little bit chilly and, despite their equipment well-suited for this rain, a little bit wet. That was why the warmth and light that enveloped the two as they stepped into the slightly-cluttered but otherwise nice-looking store was very welcome. Shane threw back the hood of his raincoat and shook his head like a dog, getting the water out of his hair. The boy then grinned mischievously at Anna, like he knew it was a weird thing to do.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming~"

A female voice hollered that from the back room and soon enough, a perky-looking young woman with a rather colorful hair entered the room and took her place behind the counter. This could be none other than Sue Popplewell, the owner of End's Store & Post, of whom Shane spoke so highly of. And indeed, as the woman entered, her eyes lit up with cheerful recognition and she waved a greeting at Shane.

"Oh, if it isn't the younger Mitchell boy! Staying out of trouble, Shane?" Sue asked, leaning on the counter.

"W-well, I'm trying my best," Shane answered, scratching his cheek awkwardly.

"And that's all anyone can ask. Anyways, comics, right? I moved them over to the rest of the books, so go check out there. There might be some new ones," Sue continued, before raising a finger in an amused warning to the boy. "Just remember: no reading through the whole lot of them. You gotta buy one before you can read it, cover to cover."

"Yes, ma'am~" Shane said and laughed sheepishly.

It was then that Sue Popplewell took notice of Anna, and her eyes widened a bit on surprise. Then, clearly somewhat curious, she leaned a bit further in.

"Oh, well now! And who might you be, love?" Sue asked. "Haven't seen this many new faces in one week in ages!"

Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “So all in all, it’s probably just a person from the second floor getting something from the kitchen or dining room while dragging something across the floor. Also, last I remember checking the news and scientist reports, ghosts are entirely unscientific.”
    Aleen blew a raspberry at Vier and adopted an expression of a rather magnificent pout.

"Bleeh, you're such a stick in the mud sometime! Why you gotta take all the mystery outta it?" Aleen complained in a huff. "I mean, duh! Of course there are no ghosts! But it's fun to think there are ghosts! Like, you know, at Halloween and stuff? Sometimes it's just fun to make wild theories, goof off and be scared a little."

Clearly somewhat miffed that Vier had taken all the wind out of her sails, Aleen bit into her sandwich with enough gusto to make grease practically flow out of the sandwich in wave. Subaru and Gabi looked at the creation with slight worry in their eyes, while Tonkori seemed to be absolutely star-struck by the amount of meat that was involved. The Akita inu puppy was drooling a small pool on the table, eyes glued to Aleen's hands and the sandwich they were holding.

"Well, um, I do understand where it is you are coming from, Aleen," Subaru piped in with a quiet smile. "In my homeland, there is a tradition of telling each other ghost stories during the summer nights, everyone having gathered in a suitable location and having lit the place with candles and such. There is definite allure in being scared while knowing you are actually safe."

Meanwhile, Gabi looked like he wasn't totally agreeing to Vier's deduction. Indeed the boy had stopped eating completely and was staring hard into nothing, his mind clearly at work. He was drawing vague shapes with his finger on the table, trying to figure something out that he didn't exactly voice. One thing that did come through was him mouthing quietly the word: 'Dragging...?', sounding somewhat disbelieving and... worried?

And meanwhile...

"Yeah, Subaru here totes gets me!" Aleen said and nodded with strength. "We should just leave this boring, no-imagination-whatsoever-Vier and go ghost-hunting by ourselves!"

Subaru shot a troubled smile at Vier, almost like asking: 'Oh, what to do?'.

Prushka & Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    "I...Might not look too strong, but...I have my ways to take care of myself, and been through quite a few dangerous situations... But since you are insisting on it...Though, in exchange, you have to promise that you'll eventually tell what all this is about. I'm kind of curious now, to be fair."
    Pyry nodded, flashing a grateful smile at Hisa.

"Sure. I'll be happy tell when I can," the boy answered. "And I don't doubt you can't handle yourself Hisa, you've got that tough-as-nails attitude going on... but sometimes dangers are a bit more than we can chew. This... this is one of those cases."

He then turned to Prushka to hear her answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "No way."
    Pyry recoiled a bit in an immediate surprise, before his expression changed rapidly, almost like he was going through few mindset in rapid succession. First was clear confusion, then came furrowed brows and suspicion, and finally it was all replaced by a tired sigh... and something of an amused acceptance. Almost like the boy had realized who he was talking with and that this answer shouldn't have surprised him.

"There isn't one now, but in the future, I might have a good reason to go to the lighthouse at night, even if its dangerous in some vague way you can't explain. So promising something like that is impossible. But how about this? I promise I won't go... Unless you're right there next to me. And you have promise the same thing: no visiting the lighthouse at night or going to dangerous places unless I'm there. The only way to know that a certain place is dangerous at a certain time is to be there yourself. So! No sneaking out at night to do dangerous stuff alone! For either of us!"
    Pyry grumbled something under his breath, but didn't seem actually annoyed. Instead he folded his arms across his chest and shook his way in a head that screamed of: "Oh well, it can't be helped!".

"Well, if time comes that you have to go... I s'pose being there to keep your minuscule butt safe is the second best option," Pyry admitted and chuckled. "... And I guess I walked right into that other one, huh? Figures you'd read between the lines that I had to learn the danger of that place the hard way."

Pyry raised his hands, indicating he was giving up.

"But fine. If that's what it takes to keep you two from risking yourselves, I'll promise," Pyry said, smiling at both of the girls. "I won't sneak out to do dangerous stuff if you guys won't. And if you two need to head out at night to do stuff that you suspect might get troublesome, give me a call. I'll be there to watch your backs."

To answer Prushka's pointing finger, Pyry himself offered his fist forward, in a way that was reminiscent of old, cheesy sports movies of the 80's. A group fist bump so to speak - to serve as a sign of promise and friendship and to mark this as a moment that this group of them became something more than just casual acquaintances. Of course, it was perhaps a bit juvenile and naive way of making a promise... but that was very much like Pyry at the same time.

"Well, I mean, you can gimme a holler other times too. If it's something I can solve, I don't mind helping out," Pyry added with a grin. "The least I can do is keep my friends safe, yeah?"

"Oh right, since we ended up talking about ghosts and whatnot...Did you guys notice something strange around the dorm last night? There was like...Some weird noise, as if someone was scratching the walls, but...By the time I got up it was already gone... Not that it was a ghost or anything. But there was something that was not supposed to be there!"
    Pyry looked at the scarred girl for a moment with a surprise... before, out of nowhere, his grin became much more smug, the type of expression that promised nothing good.

"Hmm, something that was not supposed to be there? Alright, alright, I getcha," Pyry answered, sounding almost smarmy. "Definitely not one of those ghosts that you believe in, I'm sure. And definitely not something scary either~"

Wow. Pyry was actually trying to tease Hisa - a rarity for the boy.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; March 21st, 2019 at 10:23 AM.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

I nod politely, listening intently to the girl insult my face, my country, my school, and my life back at my previous academy. I had never really heard it from an outside perspective before, so it's always rather interesting to learn how others deign to view my murky, unclear origins. After all, I had no idea what on earth my teacher put on all the forms he was writing for me, and had little to no interest in my ever-so-mysterious background that he had invented for me. The sickly genius girl, I suppose? It's rather unclear what he ended up writing down, so I simply ignored it for the most part.

Examining my nails, she speaks about my fashion, my accent, and...

"Ah. I see you have a fundamental misunderstanding of me," I finally respond, with a polite smile on my face, flicking a stray speck of dust off the edge of my nail, watching it drift down to the desk. "While it is perfectly alright for you to slander me, as it's not all that troubling to me to hear what others think, perhaps you should take a second glance before mocking those I associate with. After all, Cesarina has done nothing to you whatsoever. My accent, my clothes, and my personality... Haaah, isn't that just window dressing for the soul?"

A sigh runs out of my lips, as I look at the lights for a moment. In fact, they're rather pretty - it's a fairly classy arrangement in this library, surprising considering that it was only just set up for a meager one class of students.

"If you feel the need," I say, glancing around the library with a pointed eye, "Then I suppose you are all too welcome to 'bully the socially-retarded country bumpkin'. After all, there's very little I can say to stop a celebrity disparaging for how the world has wronged her. I have neither the social standing, nor the interest in dissuading you."

I smile.

There's quite a few teeth.

"You'd probably end up having more luck with Elder Futhark, though. Or possibly Assyrian. I've never seen scripts like that in Sumerian before, but I suppose there's a first time for everything, yes?"
    Last edited by Frantic Author; March 21st, 2019 at 04:59 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin
    Phase: Morning
    Phase Date: 08.09.1994 (FRI)

“Shy? Me? No, I just.” Would rather have a woman ask me to take my pants off under different circumstances. “Was hoping it wouldn’t be that bad.”

The pants came off and Colt put his bad knee forward. He had given it a rinse and washed it, but didn’t have anything to disinfect in his room. Even if he did, he’d have put it off.

Those things sting.

“Yeah, Tommy. I’ve gotta swing by his place later today anyway, thanks for the reminder.” So to distract himself, he ran his mouth. “I think that bike’s gonna be a handful after that bump but I’ll pay for it. I might even be able to do it myself, y’know. I might not look it, but I’m what you might call a handy man. A man who is handy. A useful guy. That’s me.”

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Pool
    Morning Phase
    Rain

“Duly noted,” is John’s response to Jake’s commentary on his boss’ schedule and his advice on survival in a small, secluded community. Not quite what he expected, but valuable and worth keeping in mind nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Briggs
    “'Too late' is more like it.”
    “Fair enough. Whatever keeps you running.”

After all, who is he to offer health advice to complete strangers?

“Anyway, thank you for the advice. This place…is completely different from anywhere else I’ve lived,” he admits (?). “With all due respect, it’s a little daunting.”

He then shakes his head as if scolding himself for sharing personal thoughts and feelings (?) with a stranger.

“Whatever. I will not take more of your time, Mr. Briggs. I should get to do some actual swimming now.”

The good thing about swimming is that it does not occupy his mind. Therefore, he can spend his workout time thinking of the one he wants to find, and the one he was advised to find. He can revel in the peace within these four walls, accompanied solely by the staccato of droplets. The downpour outside is a lot more pleasant than the tempestuous world he has to join every single day.

Elise Pelltier

Elise froze when she entered the kitchen, not expecting to find Travis Gagnon sitting there and no sign of Sakura Tsukioka whatsoever.

Travis looked up and gave Elise a grunt acknowledging her presence before he turned his attention back to the aged newspaper in front of him.

It's Travis. Why is it Travis? I mean, of course it'd be Travis, but why is it Travis today and not some other day and not Sakura? Okay, let's not stand here here awkwardly loitering by the doorway and either retreat and head to the cafeteria, or go into the kitchen, get breakfast, and not be a weirdo, just don't linger too long and they'll never suspect a thing-

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Gangnon
    "There's still some if you want."
    Her train of thought interrupted, Elise looked at Travis and followed his thumb to the nearby coffeemaker.

“Oh! Thanks!” said Elise as she moved further into the kitchen, and grabbed one of the mugs from the cupboard, “And good morning! Travis, right? I'm Elise.”

She looked inside the mug to ensure it was clean, and content with it, placed it to receive coffee from the coffee maker. The coffee looked considerably healthier than the black sludge that it had produced the previous day. It would stil need copious amounts of sugar and cream to make it drinkable for her.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Ha! Victory!

My logic is impeccable! Even Pyry couldn't help but capitulate! Now that idiot will stay safe, and-!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyry
    "But fine. If that's what it takes to keep you two from risking yourselves, I'll promise."
    Huh? What's that?

It takes a moment to sink in that there's a reason he's holding his fist out. But why? Surely Pyry doesn't expect me to hit it with my own? That would put me in a cast for weeks! No, it can't be hostile. There's gotta be an explanation. I think... I think this is a variation on the traditional agreement? A sort of gung-ho handshake? If so, then I've never had the chance to perform it. How did it go again? It was... yes, that was it!

I extend my hand and manage to barely wrap my fingers around one of his knuckles. His fist is too wide to get a good grip on, so I grab onto the his thumb with my other hand, grip Pyry's fist like it's a birthday present, and give the whole thing a vigorous shake.

"Promise! If someone breaks it they'll be awful forever!"

The small fluttering in my heart must've drowned out everything else, because it takes a moment to sink in that Hisa has been talking about something else the whole time.

"Oh right, since we ended up talking about ghosts and whatnot...Did you guys notice something strange around the dorm last night? There was like...Some weird noise, as if someone was scratching the walls, but...By the time I got up it was already gone... Not that it was a ghost or anything. But there was something that was not supposed to be there!"
    "Hmm, something that was not supposed to be there? Alright, alright, I getcha. Definitely not one of those ghosts that you believe in, I'm sure. And definitely not something scary either~"
    "...another one?"

Another one.

Another one!

"Is it really a ghost!?"

That would be so cool! A real life haunted dorm! Would the ghost live in the attic, or that boarded up section!? Would it only come out to feed on the despair of its victims!? Maybe if we catch it in the act we can keep this one from escaping!

"Let's investigate! If it left scratches on the walls we could use those to track it! And-!"

Wait. This is Hisa we're talking about.

"...actually, it's probably... not a ghost. I mean, someone could've just gone for a drink at night. Maybe it was Subaru and Tonkori or something. Plus I didn't hear anything. You're probably just overthinking, Hisa."

Unless...

"Oh. Are you scared of ghosts?'
    Last edited by Bloble; March 21st, 2019 at 11:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Bleeh, you're such a stick in the mud sometime! Why you gotta take all the mystery outta it? I mean, duh! Of course there are no ghosts! But it's fun to think there are ghosts! Like, you know, at Halloween and stuff? Sometimes it's just fun to make wild theories, goof off and be scared a little."
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru
    "Well, um, I do understand where it is you are coming from, Aleen," Subaru piped in with a quiet smile. "In my homeland, there is a tradition of telling each other ghost stories during the summer nights, everyone having gathered in a suitable location and having lit the place with candles and such. There is definite allure in being scared while knowing you are actually safe."
    I thought a little over what Aleen and Iburi said. People enjoy being scared to a certain degree... Wasn’t fear suppose to be a negative emotion? Granted, you can make use of negative emotions, but people in general preferred to avoid them. Clearly, I was wrong in this scenario.

“Is… that so?”

While we were having our talk, Gabi was thinking about my explanation and clearing not liking it. In fact, he was becoming more and more worried after my explanation.

"Yeah, Subaru here totes gets me! We should just leave this boring, no-imagination-whatsoever-Vier and go ghost-hunting by ourselves!"
    I saw Iburi look at me and asked me about what she should do.

“Fine. Fine. How about this then Aleen. You go find some rumors around the school and we’ll go like explore them together at night. If I get scared or cry during any of them… I’ll do any one thing you want me to do.”

That should at least ensure that I’m involved in whatever shenanigans Aleen has planned… And if there is a creep, I can always take care of them.

“Oh and while I don’t mind exploring places outside of the school. I’m going to veto any search in the woods at night. I hear they’re a pain to navigate in the day let alone at night...”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

"But fine. If that's what it takes to keep you two from risking yourselves, I'll promise. I won't sneak out to do dangerous stuff if you guys won't. And if you two need to head out at night to do stuff that you suspect might get troublesome, give me a call. I'll be there to watch your backs."
    While it sounds a bit too ambitious...It felt kind of nice, knowing that he'd actually do so much to help us out. He barely even knew us...Well, me at least, and yet he’d go as far as to say that he would tag along to protect us from danger at night?

"Well, I mean, you can gimme a holler other times too. If it's something I can solve, I don't mind helping out. The least I can do is keep my friends safe, yeah?"
    I just stared at the boy's hand for quite a few moments; then, as I started raising my arm, the other girl suddenly wrapped her small hands around his knuckle - which still seemed to be too big for her - and gave it an enthusiastic shake. But that...Just seemed wrong, I'm sure that is not how it was supposed to work. I'm sure that it was meant for me as well, sort of a group sign, or something...

"No, Prushka, I don't think that is how it works," I explained with a very serious expression, "You are supposed to hold out your fist..."

I raised my arm and held out my fist, mimicking the boy;

"See? Like that!" I said as my lips curled into a wide grin, and gave the two a thumbs up with my other hand.

Granted, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I could only assume that this was some sort of a greeting or ritual that the modern society came up with, and hoped that I was doing it properly. Or...That Pyry would actually show us how it works.

Hmm, something that was not supposed to be there? Alright, alright, I getcha. Definitely not one of those ghosts that you believe in, I'm sure. And definitely not something scary either~"
    "..."

He...Is this supposed to be a payback for what I've done? Is he asking for a fight? Does he want to be teased some more?

Taking a quick look around the room, I tried to find my next weapon of choice for this battle of words, my gaze shifting furiously between the pile of clothes and the embarrassing posters on the wall---

"I'm not---"

"...another one?"
    ...Huh?

"Is it really a ghost!? Let's investigate! If it left scratches on the walls we could use those to track it! And-!"
    At least one of them is being serious about it...

"...actually, it's probably... not a ghost. I mean, someone could've just gone for a drink at night. Maybe it was Subaru and Tonkori or something. Plus I didn't hear anything. You're probably just overthinking, Hisa."
    What is up with this sudden change of mind? She knows better, she knows a few things Pyry does not, so why...

Gone for a drink? Subaru and Tonkori...? Maybe if they were dragging an anchor or something behind themselves...Just how else could someone like that make such a noise?

"Oh. Are you scared of ghosts?"
    “...”

She is certainly just abusing the situation, that it is not just the two and that she is safe to side with Pyry with the teasing...

"...Okay, first of all. I'm not scared of ghosts, most of them are probably harmless, and even if they are evil, there should be various ways of fighting them...Everything has weaknesses, and that includes ghosts as well."

Somehow it felt like I was just digging my own grave, and these two would just tease me further for the fun of it...Still, it was different from the evening on the beach, they probably meant no harm with it, and they didn't just outright take me for a joke...

"Uhm...And...as I said, I don't know what it was...But it was there. I don't just imagine things like this, and my senses are sharp even when waking in the middle of the night. Maybe you just didn't hear it because you were sound asleep, and I'd assume Pyry wasn't even in the dorms when it happened..."

Right...What was Pyry doing, even? Was Prushka out as well, or did she really just sleep?

"But we barely know anything about it so it is not of importance for now. Maybe it is a mystery on its own, or maybe it will just turn out to be a clue for one of the other mysteries at hand...We already have a bunch of those, anyways."

Indeed, so many things happened in just a few days, but just how many of them are connected, if they are connected at all, and where do we even start looking for clues...

"Say, the girl that disappeared. The weird things around the lighthouse. The creepy self proclaimed shoe salesman I've met at the lookout..."

Would be about time to start noting these down...I have quite some faith in my memory, I can always just do my tricks to find the information I need in there, but...Probably would make it easier to keep track of things...Though my mind is probably a safer place than a notebook that anyone can get a hold of.

"Some investigation is due, if we want to dig deeper into these mysteries."
    Last edited by Cheetose; March 22nd, 2019 at 11:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "You'd probably end up having more luck with Elder Futhark, though. Or possibly Assyrian. I've never seen scripts like that in Sumerian before, but I suppose there's a first time for everything, yes?"
    Mercedes rolled her eyes derisively.

"Ugh, hello? This is Wadi el-Hol script, variant of Proto-Canaanite," she answered out of the blue, like it had been obvious. "Like, none of those is gonna help me here. Jesus..."

Shaking her head, Mercedes let out a quiet sigh and rolled her shoulders, trying to adjust her stance so that it wasn't such a murder on her back. After being satisfied, she leaned back, relaxed, while keeping her eyes on Alexstrasza. The right hand of Mercedes was resting on top of the tome, her beautifully painted nail slowly tapping against it's surface. Meanwhile she softly leaned her chin against her left hand, those unsympathetic eyes of hers keeping their unflinching glare towards the blonde going.

"Does it make you, like, feel better about yourself?" Mercedes suddenly asked. "Like, that lap dog you snatched up for yourself? Grooming and pampering it into thinking you're mundane or whatevs? I mean, gawd, it's a bit pathetic to look at. Do you honestly believe that, like, if she thinks you're normal, or that creepy-ass smile of yours is genuine, that you actually are all that? Or are you just deluding yourself?"

A mocking smirk rose to the starlet's lips.

"Not that I'm judging, no. I guess I'm just sorta curious," she added. "Been a while since I've seen someone, like, struggle so desperately against the role the life gave them... even to the point of, like, forcing other people to play along with them?"

The smirk turned into a sneer, revealing a line of perfect, white teeth.

"If I wasn't a bitch I suppose I'd feel bad for Cesarina."

Colt Davin
    Phase: Morning
    Phase Date: 08.09.1994 (FRI)

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “I think that bike’s gonna be a handful after that bump but I’ll pay for it. I might even be able to do it myself, y’know. I might not look it, but I’m what you might call a handy man. A man who is handy. A useful guy. That’s me.”
    A slightly amused smirk rose to Miss Leuzinger's lips.

"I'm sure you are, Mister Davin," she replied. "Now then, hold still. This will sting quite a bit depending on how used you are to things like these."

Then, without further ado, Ronja Leuzinger sprayed Colt's wounded knee with disinfectant without even giving the boy a time to prepare. When his head jerked back in surprise and in pain, she grabbed it and his shoulder to keep him from jolting up, but gently enough to not let him hurt his neck or the rest of his body. Patting him once on the shoulder, took a seat on a chair and started dabbing the medicinal swab on the part where skin had been torn and where blood had clotted in tiny amounts, along with scar tissue. At the same time, Miss Leuzinger's other hand reached for another spray that she aimed at the wound, and---

"Alright. I'll apply the disinfectant now."

---- The first one hadn't been disinfectant!?

This time the stinging sensation was real, but with clear expertise, experience and training Ronja Leuzinger soldiered through, thoroughly cleaned up the wound and dressed it simply but neatly. All in all the operation had taken about three minutes, after which she handed an ice-pack to the boy and told him to: "Hold it there for five minutes." Afterwards she moved to one of the shelves, apparently to look for some mild pain medication.

"Well done, Mister Davin," the nurse said while she searched, flashing another curt smile to his direction. "Not a hint of shyness. Once you cool down the temperature of the area, feel free to put on your pants once more. Regain your dignity and perhaps your verbosity."

... She was clearly having fun at his expense.

John Dove

“Whatever. I will not take more of your time, Mr. Briggs. I should get to do some actual swimming now.”
    Jake chuckled and shook his head.

"That's alright. Always ready to help my successors here at Pinefall," he said in response. "If you get any more questions, feel free to bother me again. That's what I'm here for. Well, that and mopping the floors... and there are plenty of floors to mop!"

Chuckling to himself, Jake Briggs returned to his work, letting his mop fly across the floor of the pool. Meanwhile, up from above, the music blaring from the PA system continued. The slow morning of Pinefall High flowed on, and soon enough it would be time for the lessons. Still, as John was swimming, a stray thought went through is head, a realization that wasn't exactly important, but weird nonetheless.

... Where on earth had Jake Briggs gotten that easily-recognizable can of red cola?

Not a one single place John had seen at Road's End sold them.

[SCENE END /// Move to NEXT Phase!]

John Dove: Friendship Rank Raised!

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    “Oh! Thanks! And good morning! Travis, right? I'm Elise.”
    Travis snorted at this introduction, not bothering to look up from the newspaper he was reading.

"I know. You're the annoyingly chipper girl that hangs out with that loud spaz... Sakura, was it?" He answered, sounding as disinterested as before. "And don't bother thanking me. It wasn't me that brewed that coffee. It was that countryman of yours, Terrot or whatever. Was cooking up a storm here the first thing in the morning and left the same time as sun got up."

Travis lifted the old, old newspaper in his hand. It seemed to be a number of "Road's End Gazette" and the article on the front-page was talking about the death of a McLampet heir named Elena in a car accident that, apparently, involved drunk driving. The faded photograph showed a totalled old sport scar from the 70's in all of it's black-and-white glory. Somehow that amused glint in Travis' eyes didn't fit the serious nature of the article in the least.

"... In any case, drink that coffee and leave," he continued. "If the other brown-nosers of this class catch a wind you're being amicable with me, you're gonna be put on their shit list."

A frown appeared on Travis' face.

"Plus the fact that you're so perky first thing in the morning is pissing me off."

Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Fine. Fine. How about this then Aleen. You go find some rumors around the school and we’ll go like explore them together at night. If I get scared or cry during any of them… I’ll do any one thing you want me to do. Oh and while I don’t mind exploring places outside of the school. I’m going to veto any search in the woods at night. I hear they’re a pain to navigate in the day let alone at night...”
    Aleen rolled her eyes.

"Psh, you don't hafta tell me that," she answered. "No way am I gonna go into those woods when it's dark out. It's a creepy-ass enough of a place as it is, but at night... Jeeeesus, just thinking gives me the shivers."

As if to emphasize her point, Aleen mimed shivering, hugging her own body with her arms. Then she giggled, grinned at Vier and the rest and took a big bite out of her bacon-sandwich. Tonkori was going absolutely livid, trembling in the arms of Subaru, at the sight of the meat-based miracle disappearing with each bite.

"But sure! If it's a test of courage you want, I gotcha covered, Vier," Aleen added, wiping grease from her mouth. "Hmm... well, there's always the old saw mill, and then there's the lake which is... erm, supposed to be spooky as all H-E-Double-Hockeysticks, and then there's..."

Meanwhile, Subaru had joined Gabi in the Club of Worried Expressions, but while the androgynous boy was still fidgeting in his seat, not sure if he'd speak up about whatever it was that was bothering him, Subaru decided to be more direct and looked at Vier, eyes locked onto hers, before speaking up.

"Umm, Miss Wolff?" Subaru started. "Do you think it such a good idea to sneak out at night? What if the teachers catch you? After all, while we may have quite much in the ways of freedom in here, they do hold a strict curfew in place..."

Prushka & Hisa Momoi

"Promise! If someone breaks it they'll be awful forever!"
    "No, Prushka, I don't think that is how it works. You are supposed to hold out your fist... See? Like that!"
    "..."

There were no words.

Pyry stared awkwardly at this whole exchange, with Prushka's tiny hands wrapped around his own and shaking it vigorously up and down while Hisa held out her own hand stiffly in the air. His eyes switched slowly between the two girls, as if trying to decide what string he should pull to start unraveling this jumbled up mess that had been shoved onto his lap. But, try as he might, Pyry found no natural way out. So, instead, a rumbling sound started rising from his stomach, the corners of his mouth started tugging upwards, and before anyone could predict what was coming...!

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!"

Burst into a roaring laughter.

Unable to hold his amusement in anymore, the tall boy gently took his hand out of those of Prushka. Then, just like before, one of those big palms plopped on top of the small girl's head - this time to tousle her hair. But that wasn't all. The very same thing happened to Hisa as well, before she could even see it coming. And to the surprise of both, while Pyry was nowhere near gentle enough to properly pat anyone's head, he had big brother-like affinity when it came to tousling someone's hair in a sibling like manner... indeed, it was in this point that his whole aura resembled that of an elder brother.

... Maybe Pyry had younger siblings of his own, of whom he was just reminded of?

"Oh come on, you awkward dorks!" Pyry laughed warmly. "That's a fist-bump, a fist-bump! You're supposed to gently, yet firmly, bump my fist with your own! I mean, it's the staple of all good sports movies and teen adventures! I really gotta show you two some proper movies one of these days!"

Still laughing, the lanky boy removed his hands and put them on his hips. He looked at the two girls, wide grin on his face and practically radiating good cheer. Whatever had been making him so tired earlier this morning was completely gone now, and the boy was glowing with energy in a way that seemed almost... thankful to the two girls.

"But you've got a point there, Hisa. I mean, even if ghosts don't exist and even if supernatural is just a buncha hooey... mysteries are real, right? There's plenty of weird stuff going on here, in this school and in this town. And even if it involves guys throwing tarps..." Pyry exchanged a look with Prushka, and then winked at Hisa. "... Or creepy-ass spirits spooking some of us in the hallways, that don't change one fact: All these events have answers to them, and I don't mind one bit snooping around and seeing if we can't figure out exactly what's going on around here."

Then, out of nowhere, Pyry adopted a serious expression.

... Well, somewhat serious. He was clearly trying to suppress a grin.

He also raised his index finger.

"And here's the most pressing mystery at the hand right now..." He started, his eyes narrowing. "... For you see..."

Tension gathered.

"... I feel hungry."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Well, I never. We got ourselves a real miniature Gibraltar on our hands, haven’t we?

The first thing Anna noticed upon stepping into the shop was the sheer ludicrous amount of British paraphernalia on display. In fact, she half expected Rule, Britannia! or Land of Hope and Glory to be on full blast from the store speakers with the way they were going about it. Some of it was obvious stuff like the massive Union Jack hanging behind the counter and absolute oodles of “royal”-themed plates and teacups. Other stuff seemed to be just “procured” from the UK. Like for example the Cadbury Cream Eggs, Branston Pickles, Marmite, and…. was that Bovril?

Anna felt a small shiver go down her back.

Who the hell drinks Bovril in this godforsaken town?

In any case, this place seemed to resemble more a souvenir shop next to the Buckingham Palace rather than any sort of normal “general” store she had ever seen. Well, it was definitely “unique” in its own way, though whether that was actually good or bad business sense was a question all in its own. Then again, considering how fast Shane seemed to leg it towards the comics section (all filled with stuff like Warrior and 2000 A.D, of course) it seemed to pay some dividends at least.

"Oh, well now! And who might you be, love?"

"Haven't seen this many new faces in one week in ages!"
    The shopkeeper was very chipper. That coupled with her blonde hair and blue eyes, along with those multi-colored hair highlights… Honestly, leaving aside the vernacular, she reminded Anna more of a stereotypical American if anything. Her own impression of Brits was that they were a rather dour and caustic lot, more likely to throw sarcastic comments from the sidelines rather than look at the world with such optimistic eyes.

But still...a nation of shopkeepers, eh?

“Mornin.” Anna gave the blonde shopkeeper a wave in greeting. “Name’s Anna. Anna Vandemeel. I’m one of the new students attending Pinefall.”

“Since I’m still a bit new to these parts, Shane has been helping me out by showing me around the town a bit. Well, the weather put somewhat of a damper on that, so he suggested we look around here a bit.”

“Though… Cherry pie last time and now reading comics, huh?“ A half-smirk appeared on Anna’s face as she glanced at the younger boy, who was now deeply engrossed in the periodicals corner of the store. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d be half-tempted to say I was being taken for a ride here.”

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Today was a new morning, a chance to start things differently.

She eyed the box warily, wondering about the contents. It had made her sleep a bit restless—but she had managed to make this a matter in which she could exercise her own judgment, so there was nothing she should have been worried about. Perhaps it was the fact it existed, maybe? If she was going to demonstrate that she could keep her calm, today would be the day. It was better to resort to mental discipline first in these matters, and Lucille was certain that was something she was capable of possessing.

At any rate, she was hungry, so to the cafeteria it was.

It was here she spotted two tables, one with some of the girls (and Gabi, her innate nitpicker reminded herself) and the other for Caleb and… Ilusão? No, that was his surname. Inacio? She paused a bit, before nodding her head in affirmation. Of the two tables, she’d take the latter, because familiarity was the foundation of stability, she supposed. Part of the deal was to not get so involved, she figured, so it was up to her best judgment to make the choices that led her to get into the least trouble. Preferably, none at all.

Taking with her a plate of french toast and eggs, she merrily made her way to Caleb’s table.

“Good morning, you two.”

Elaine Winters

A grunt from the blonde came from the end of Kean's assertion, and dissolved into silence.

She stood up, rolling her shoulders and paced a bit, face scrunched up in a conflicted expression, the concern she wore on her sleeve was obvious.

If a person was going to try and find out who wasn't supposed to be there, how exactly would that person know to trust anyone, she was given some possible suspects, but...

She stopped, fists clenching and relaxing, shoulders hunched.

To hell with it, fine.

"I don't know anyone like that, around here, at least. Which you could probably tell, with your keen powers of deduction," She said flatly.

The next logical step would be to find someone who could do such things, but that carried its own set of problems, such as the awkward nature of asking someone if they are in possession of some skills of a perhaps overtly criminal nature.

She blew out a breath, tossing some errant bangs around.

"Well, guess we need to wrangle ourselves a right sneakthief," She said, "Easy enough, we'll just put out an ad in the paper."

She held her hands together behind her back, rocking on her heels.

"Hmm," She shut her eyes, "Well, let's focus on trying to find someone for right now, while there's some possible candidates, like Thuglife from Winnipeg, but even if he is, who's to say he'd help us."

But, well.

"'Less you got any ideas, I mean, I can technically get doors open," She put her hands on her hips, "The problem is closing them again, but hey, who needs doors, am I right."

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “Though… Cherry pie last time and now reading comics, huh? If I didn’t know any better, I’d be half-tempted to say I was being taken for a ride here.”
    The owner of the store giggled at that, glancing at Shane who was now nose-deep in a superhero comic book, apparently having forgotten all about the world around him.

"Mm, you might want to be careful. Shane knows exactly what strings to pull to get his way. That boy is devious, I tell you," the owner said with a bright smile. "Oh, but I kid. The Mitchell boys, they're both such sweethearts. Zane helps me out here whenever I need some heavy things lifted, and Shane runs small errands for me at times. You couldn't have found better people to get to know around here."

Then, clearly realizing that she had yet to introduce herself, the shopkeeper smiled in a somewhat embarrassed way and stood to her full height, putting hands on her hips.

"Oh, but it's a delight meeting you, Anna. I'm Sue Popplewell, and I run this here store. If you ever need something, don't hesitate to come and take a look-see... Oh!" Sue's expression suddenly perked up even further, if that even was possible. "I actually just got a delivery of some school supplies - notebooks, pens, erases, you know, stuff like that. Figured I'd stock up it since you guys were arriving. So, if you're missing any of that, check by the books. I set them up there."

She pointed to a shelf near the comic books, where an array of colorful notebooks, pens that looked like they were straight from the 80's and various other... strange items lay in wait. Oh, they seemed useful, sure, but at the same time they were clearly not modern or 'with-the-times'. A sneaking suspicion in the air that Sue had gotten them from a clearance sale was creeping in.

"But, weather aside, how are you finding our little slice of rural heaven, Anna?" Sue asked with a smile and a curious eyebrow. "Most of your classmates that have been visiting have all been such nice kids... well, excluding few grumps. That boy with earrings and blue hair seriously needs to wash his mouth with soap!"

This was accompanying by a loud 'hmph!' and ballooned cheeks. This shop owner was certainly an... animated one.

Lucille Faraday

"He's got more powerful guns. Of course he'd win."

"Well, I see what you mean, but at the same time, his opponent is a machine made to kill. You can't discount that."

"He's a machine too. And he took out a droid much bigger than a Terminator."

"... You do know that ED-209 was defeated by stairs, right? Stairs."

"Doesn't matter. Anyways. People from 2043 have better technology than those in 2029. Obviously."

"They're different stories, we can't compare it just like that! There's more to think about, for example---"

From the looks of it, Lucille had arrived in the middle of some sort of... well, not exactly an argument, but it certainly looked like the conversation was heating up between Caleb and Inacio. The two boys had almost forgotten their breakfast sandwiches and were instead engaged in a debate that radiated a surprisingly serious aura around them... which was, perhaps, why nobody else had yet sat down at their table. But as Lucille made her presence known, the two boys paused for a moment, Caleb even flashing her a curt, serious smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Good morning, you two.”
    Caleb nodded in return.

"Good morning," he greeted the blonde. "You're looking well."

Inacio blinked in surprise, having clearly not expected Caleb to know Lucille well enough to greet her in this sort of familiar fashion... at least when it came to the curt artist. Still, the green-haired boy broke into a smile and nodded as well, turning his natural charm and easy-on-the-eyes looks towards the blonde.

"Ah, well, good morning to you too," Inacio spoke. "Lucille Faraday, correct? It's a pleasure to me-"

Suddenly, Caleb cleared his throat and Inacio looked at him in surprise. The artist rolled his eyes and proceeded to shake his head, as if admonishing the musician for something.

"Don't flirt with her," Caleb said. "It's rude."

Looking for a split-second like he'd been sucker-punched, Inacio laughed in an embarrassed way and scratched the back of his head, before shrugging apologetically towards Lucille.

"Sorry. I suppose it's sort of a habit," he admitted. "I didn't meant to make you uncomfortable."

Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "'Less you got any ideas, I mean, I can technically get doors open. The problem is closing them again, but hey, who needs doors, am I right."
    An amused smirk appeared at Kean's face.

"I know. I have rather vivid memories of those times, after all," Kean admitted, chuckling under his breath. "But I don't think we should rely your mighty boot -the bane of doors and nether-regions everywhere- just yet. Travis Gagnon is definitely one choice, one I could see being able to open things that are locked... while another one is Hwan Bin. I happen to have found some... evidence that he's good at that sort of stuff."

Kean made a vague gesture in the air with his usual mysterious flair. As much as the boy was dry-witted and sarcastic, he also had an annoying habit of talking in mysterious half-terms and wink-wink-nudge-nudge type of ways that expected the other party to know what he was talking about. And even if that was the case, what he meant didn't always shine through.

But the boy seemed to take great pleasure in being annoyingly mysterious, so it was hard to make him stop.

"In both events, I think you'd have much higher chance of success in asking them for a favor. After all, while I have my natural advantages... you have yours," Kean said, his voice taking a slightly teasing tone. "And if the rumor of you crashing and burning at the beach party has found any traction, they might even think it was their lucky day. Take advantage of fools thinking they're taking advantage of you, and all that."

For but a moment, the smirk disappeared and a more serious expression appeared.

"... Well, if you're comfortable with that, of course."

And then it was back, like Kean hadn't even said anything else.

"Anyways, have you eaten yet? I swear I could smell bacon from the cafeteria a minute or two ago," Kean asked. "I'd like to know if there's still something to eat, or if you already devoured everything in your ravenous hunger to grow even more muscles."

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

W-what!?

"A fist-bump...!"

So that's what it was! And now... Pyry is laughing at me again...

Yes. This hand making a mess out of my hair is why humans are awful. Able only to communicate their affection by cruelly violating the personal space of others, this species truly shouldn't exist. Why does he persist!? How many times has it been now that this lug, this giant, this titan of a man has ruffled my hair without permission? It's too late to change it now: he's cemented it as a running joke, a physical tic to be performed upon an unfortunate encounter with me. Will I have to avoid Pyry now? Surely any possible friendship we have can't be worth having my head patted like this every day for the rest of the year! And I, powerless to stop him, can only grumble and make known my discontent, and watch in despair as perfectly legitimate complaints are shrugged aside as if half-hearted, only because they are perceived as such! Because humans can't understand each other's feelings at all! Pyry is merely projecting upon me this facetious protest, telling himself that I am telling him that it's actually fine after all, even though it totally isn't! It's ridiculous! This entire farce of a situation, with that clever opportunist Hisa sitting on the sidelines, subject to the same punishment but clearly infinitely more tolerant of it, benefiting from my ever-growing despair. Once more she has wormed herself into a situation, and somehow, even though I didn't let down my guard at all, we became friends! How!? Why!? This doesn't make sense! None of it makes a lick of sense, and only half because my brain is being shaken around like an oversized maraca!

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..."

Is there no way out from this torture?

There appears not to be.

If so, will that be the only option...?

"... I feel hungry."
    Everything stops. The spinning, the dizziness, the shaking of my head, stops.

Then, as if called up by those cursed words...

A noise emanates from my stomach.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I'm going to save us a table!"

I book it out of Pyry's room as fast as possible, chased by the sound of booming laughter, unsure whether it's real or imagined.

Elaine Winters

The blonde girl hummed to herself in thought, squinting idly at her compatriot.

"Is this what people like you do when you're bored, try to play matchmaker?"

Deflect with humor, make a joke out of it all, make it all seem less uncomfortable.

"I'll have you know I'm perfectly capable of finding a boyfriend," She wagged a finger, "No need to go mothering me, you old woman, peeking through curtains and gossiping about the neighbors."

She shook her head, holding her arms up in a 'what can you do' gesture.

Try and rope a nasty crimeboy with my feminine wiles, huh?

Well, it's not like I haven't been in this situation before, as he seems to be aware of.

Feh.

"We got the day to think it over, got a lot of things to keep in mind, y'know," She winked, "Ace detective like me can't just concern herself with one mystery at a time."

The next mystery, of course, is the most important.

"Come on then, let's go grab somethin, catch up a bit, before I have to go hunt down a deer or something."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

Being patted on the head felt...weird, yet...strangely pleasant, and calming. It didn't feel appropriate, but still...It is definitely something I could get used to.

Prushka, on the other hand, did not seem to really enjoy the situation, rather...she was just getting more and more flustered.

"... I feel hungry."
    The smaller girl, judging by the loud growling noises coming from her direction, probably felt the same, and now she looked like she was ready to explode any minute ---

Quote Originally Posted by "Prushka
    "I'm going to save us a table!"
    "Sur---"

But she was already gone.

And now it was just me and Pyry, in his room...Suddenly, everything felt completely different, but I guess an extra person can make that much of a difference...

"So, uh..."

I took another look at the posters on the wall, then looked back at the boy, considering if I should actually ask what I've been wondering about ever since we entered his room;

"Do you like...those kind of girls?" I asked while gesturing towards the posters with my head, "With...big and...curvy...assets?"

I looked down on my body; The body that I've been somewhat proud of and more or less satisfied with, and yet...Looking at these posters shook my confidence a bit, making me feel...lesser, in comparison.

"I wonder if I'm just unfortunate, or if I'm doing something wrong...Oh well."

I shrugged, then went after the smaller girl, briefly stopping at the doorstep;

"Let's go to the cafeteria then, we shouldn't make Prushka wait too long. She might start thinking that we are doing something...weird in here."

Which would be a completely unreasonable thought, to be fair.

But breakfast sounded nice at any rate, and the realization that I was actually hungry hit me as well.

Last edited by Cheetose; March 22nd, 2019 at 11:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

"Psh, you don't hafta tell me that. No way am I gonna go into those woods when it's dark out. It's a creepy-ass enough of a place as it is, but at night... Jeeeesus, just thinking gives me the shivers."
    This time it was my turn to roll my eyes. While I was confident of my capabilities to navigate a forest at night, Aleen on the other hand… She would be likely to get lost from barely stepping off the path or if my suspicions are true. A kidnapping or even outright murder by the cultist group that’s embedded into the town for heading into the woods.

In contrast to those thoughts, I noticed Tonkori acting up more and more. I considered ignoring him. However, I could understand why he was acting this way. To a dog like him, that much meat would appetizing even if the health balance is bad.

"But sure! If it's a test of courage you want, I gotcha covered, Vier... Hmm... well, there's always the old saw mill, and then there's the lake which is... erm, supposed to be spooky as all H-E-Double-Hockeysticks, and then there's..."
    “Sounds like… There’s a lot of creepy places in this town. Wonder if they could get some tourism or something by advertising all of these places and making this like a Horror Tour or something.”

I can understand the saw mill being a prime spot for some “scares” as well as actual potential contact. However, I’ll need to look into the lake a bit more. Maybe Nora could be useful since she’s probably heard some folklore or stories about the lake.

For the other people at the table, they weren’t taking Aleen’s enthusiasm at hunting down some mysteries outside of the school. I might be able to make use of that. As expected, the one who raised a concern about these plans first was Iburi.

"Umm, Miss Wolff? Do you think it such a good idea to sneak out at night? What if the teachers catch you? After all, while we may have quite much in the ways of freedom in here, they do hold a strict curfew in place..."
    “Is it a good idea to sneak out at night? Well if you’re caught, you’re probably going to be sentenced to some form of punishment and teachers are going to take more of a note of you. So why am I suggesting that we do it anyways?”

I gesture towards Aleen and how fired up she was.

“Think she would stop if everyone decided to not go with her? At the very least if I’m with her, she won’t run into trouble by herself.”

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

It was odd, Lucille thought, how the passionate tension at the table had dissipated with her presence. Did they think that their previous subject wasn’t something they should discuss in front of her? That was surprising—she found this more comprehensible than Mercedes’ talk on beauty products, that was for certain. Well, she could get back to that later.

“You’re free to act how you want,” she said to Ignacio. “I’m afraid it might not work, though.”

Well, she couldn’t say what her reaction was one way or the other—that would be assuming something about an experience she didn’t have. She did think that watching Inacio put on a show like a peacock was amusing in its own right, though, so she wouldn’t take it off the table yet.

“As for the previous conversation… I think the T-800 could win that fight? I think that the T-1000 is as similarly as threatening to RoboCop in terms of firepower… So, it’s definitely doable. That, and the series has two good movies to RoboCop’s one.”