Page 6 of 244 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka
    Phase: Evening Phase.
    Date: 06.09.1994.
    Weather: Sunny

It's just hitting me. How crazy this all is.

Only now, when I'm sitting on an unfamiliar too bed that's a little too big for me, staring out the window at an town I don't recognize, does it finally sink in that things are different. Everything I had come to expect, things I was so used to that they'd become parts of the daily routine, had been left behind on the opposite end of the country.

I could walk outside right now and go wherever I want. Just throw darts, pick a random location on the map, and decide I want to be there. Nobody would stop me. Nobody would bat an eye. Nobody would care.

I shudder. Am I afraid? What could I possibly fear here, of all places?

Freedom, maybe. Or perhaps freedom's negative, a lack of security. There are no fallback options now. No people or familiar systems to rely on. It's just me.

Just me and society.

Again, a shudder. It's cold in here, right? That must be it.

You were pretty great, Mister Oceandrop. I mean it. I've never seen someone talk like that. For a moment there I really did believe you. Even now, I want to believe you, to believe that I'll connect with humans despite being a fundamentally different existence. But I don't think it'll be easy, Principal.

First, because that gap might just be too wide. I know things, ideas, feelings, that a person just can't. The way we think, the way we see the world - it's just too different. But you're right. People can overcome those differences. It's not impossible. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

But, more importantly...

People are awful, Mister Oceandrop. Even the nicest ones are utterly horrible and selfish creatures. Even Pyry, for example, is a despicable person that was willing to bully a young girl he didn't even know, on a weak assumption that it would help in a vague way. He conceals his true intentions because that's how he - and humanity - must be. True, most people are the opposite, faking kindness while hiding hatred, but the effect is the same: man is nothing more than a miserable pile of secrets.

I want no part of a world built on a foundation of lies. I'd rather live as a hermit. If society cannot prove itself worthy, then it doesn't deserve to have me.

...at least I can escape from society somewhat in this place. Unless it follows me.

Still, what should I do now...?

"..."

The Mission. Right, can't forget that. It's something to hold onto, at least, even if it's also scary, requiring me to delve into the depths of society. Like I'm in a dark cave, holding onto a rope that's leading me further and further away from the light. But it's something, and it's taking me somewhere, so I might as well follow it. Responsibility might be my sole shelter from this unbearable freedom.

Before I leave I finally open my bag and withdraw from it the greatest piece of contraband I'd brought here. Something absolutely no one could ever see... even though it's about to be shown off in broad daylight.

I'm still a bit embarrassed at riding around on this thing... but it sure beats walking. And it'll definitely come in handy when traversing the town. For now, let's see if it can take me around the dorms. That's as good a place as any for a [Mission Start]. Then I can do a circuit of Road's End itself. If it's small, I should be able to make it around by evening.

I grab a backpack and stuff four important things into it before leaving: the map to the town, a length of rope, a bulky hunk of metal that'd definitely raise questions if discovered, and a Donald Duck Pez dispenser. Then I open the door, set down the wheels of my scooter... and set off.

It's not quite a KV-2, but it has its benefits - like being able to fit indoors!

One foot on the surface, one on the ground, and... go!

"Gahahaha-!"

Oops, that was a bit crude. But who cares; it's the first day of freedom!

I wish I could say I'm good at using this thing. But I'm really not. I just got it recently, and haven't had much of a chance to practice. I'm no Tony Hawk. So right now, the best I can do is ride straight down the hall with hands outstretched for balance, brushing against the doorknobs of all the rooms I pass on the way. Maybe I'll find someone that can teach me some tricks later...

I sail right into the dining room-!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Need to put the old boy through his paces, he pines if I'm away."
    "You...have a car?" She is badass, beautiful, and has a car. Can this get any better? I notice myself twirling my hair very intensely now, and - with embarrassment very noticably showing on my face - I put a stop to it and try to relax myself. "Well, that makes things extremely convenient."

But how did they already get her car here? Is she from around here? Well, definitely from the states at least.

"So what is the plan? Did you have anyone else in mind that you wanted to bring, or shall we just go with the two of us? Though whatever is the case we should leave as soon as possible, since time is short and we can always just chat in the car."

I wonder if we'll bring that other girl who was sitting next to her on the bus...Maybe I can find out what happened to her? She seemed kind of sad and hurt during the ride. I guess I could ask Subaru, but I think she had enough of me for the day, I should just let her rest a bit...Though I definitely should see her later and see how they're doing. Was there anyone else...Could I even handle this many new people at once? Did she even say she was okay to go?

"Ah, but obviously only if you're okay with that. I know I'm kind of trying to hurry things up, its just that I'm very curious about the town. But if you just want to stay a bit longer and maybe gather some more peeps for the ride that is fine as well."

"Oh, and...since you provide the car I assume it would be obvious that we could share the fuel cost? I would feel bad if all the expenses were on you."
    Last edited by Cheetose; January 13th, 2019 at 06:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Alvena Cheshire

Sixty-two.

That was right. Sixty-two dresses spread across all of her luggage. How they’d managed to fit in there Adelaide had no idea, but she was never going to let anyone pack her clothing for her every again.

Right now her room could be called a war-zone at best, colorful dresses strewn about, poofy skirts hanging from the ceiling as Adelaide pulled each new dress out with a deeper look of despair.

No long sleeve shirts.

No jeans.

No shorts.

Not even a T-shirt.

She flopped on her bed with the silent cry of the deafeated, looking up at the forest of skirts with dead eyes. They were laughing at her, she knew it. She knew it. Trying to mix and match different pieces of her dress had resulted in ensembles that could only be called ridiculous.

They could only be worn as complete sets, or not at all.

For one cursed second she contemplated going out in her underwear. Anything was better than another dress, anything...

One of the last dresses sprung out of her suitcase, the skirt’s compression giving way until it popped out like the last bit of life left in a jack-in-the-box.

Adelaide threw her textbook at it.

Adelaide Alvena Cheshire

"Yeah! And then, and then...! The guy has this expression of a frog meeting the windshield on his face and BAM! Knee to the kisser!”

Adelaide froze in the stairway for a moment, before relaxing. She’d heard voices coming from downstairs, and, not wanting to spend another moment surrounded by her dresses, had decided to go check it out. If there was already a fight going on, no way, no thank you, she’d find something else to do.

Instead, it was just one of the people in the common room - telling a story, to boot. That was... good? She hadn’t honestly expected a fight, but getting vindicated was nice. She swept her eyes across the room as she walked in, taking in the people sprawled about it.

The boy - man? - telling his tale, laughing all the while, was one of the tallest people she had ever seen. With his blonde hair he looked almost like a lion at rest, and surrounding him were... a few more people, a lively assortment of boys and girls, with guitars and colored hair and goofy smiles. Still - something about the scene was a welcome relief from her room, and Adelaide took it.

She grabbed an open seat and slumped down, almost disappearing into it.

"Oh, and it gets better! See, his girlfriend was supposed to visit later that day... meaning there was only an hour till the old ball-and-chain would show up. And t-this... this guy looks like he just sucked a lemon so hard it made his whole face concave on i-itself...!"

She winced.

"Sounds like he wasn't getting up any time soon."
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & Momoi Hisa

"... I see you are going to the town."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a voice soft as silk and deep as midnight slithered to the ears of the two girls from behind them. Indeed, both had their instincts completely blindsided by the out-of-nowhere appearance of a young man who seemed to drag a constant shadow with him. No, not just that, the atmosphere of the corridor seemed to grow suddenly darker. Quiet, alcohol-like scent of something dangerous hung over the two of them as one, piercingly yellow eye stared at them... while the other one was covered by an eye patch.

Yes. They had both seen this young man before.

Everyone in the bus had.

But absolutely no one wanted to approach him under any circumstances.

------------ Souma Nubatama.

The student with absolutely highest Drop Distance out of everyone in the First Class... and who didn't even bother hiding it.

It was like staring at a black mamba straight in the face, only to notice a black widow crawling down its face.

"... Mhm. May I ask for a ride?" The alluringly smooth voice continued. "... I happen to have... business... there."

... Where the hell did this come from?

New Person Met!

Elaine Winters

Naturally, Hisa seemed very impressed at my possession of a car, then kindly offering to split the cost of gas.

I shrugged, "Yeah, sure, why not, don't think it'll be too much, but any cash is a good'n, not going to turn down charity when it's offered."

I smiled cheerily, idly looking around the room for anyone else who seemed interested in tagging along.

Naturally, someone was.

I turned around steadily, I thought I remembered having my back to a wall, but I supposed that I must've moved around in the excitement.

That scary-looking guy off by himself, eyepatch and all, like a particularly threatening member of the Village People.

Something about this guy put me on edge, and I thought I remembered hearing somewhere that his distance from society was the highest out of all of us here, which didn't do very much to put my mind at ease.

Still, if I let something like that put me off of a person who might be reaching out for a hand, I wouldn't be a very nice person, would I?

"Yeah, gonna go have a look around, I'm feeling a little antsy already, so I wanted to make the most of the time."

Wonder if he felt kinda lonely, off by himself like that.

Hm.

"... Mhm. May I ask for a ride?"

I blinked, was off in my head for a second.

"... I happen to have... business... there."

"Sure thing, guy!" I gave a thumbs-up.

"I'm Elaine, pleased to meet ya, nice eyepatch. This is Hisa, she's cool."

I twirled my keys around, "Anywho, if that's all the people wantin to tag along, we should probably go and get under way, burnin' daylight and all."

I made my way towards the stairwell, brisk and business-like.

Oh man, hope he's in good shape, wanted to drive him up by myself, but had to take the dang bus.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Hey Aleen! Ready to eat some cherry pies?”
    "Just a minute!"

There was a loud banging and clonking and upending of luggage going on inside the room, judging from the sounds. Indeed, it was like listening in on a desperate struggle between a girl and her stupid decision of packing year's worth of clothes with her, and only now realizing how foolish such an idea was. An extremely angry litany of curses was heard when something (sounded a bit like a portable TV?) fell, most likely hitting Aleen on the toes. That was apparently the last straw, as but 10 seconds after that particular event, the door opened. Behind it laid a veritable battleground of clothes, along with very red, very heavily breathing and very frustrated Aleen.

"Screw it! Pies! Now! Lesgo!" She exclaimed and pushed past Vier, into the corridor. "I'll deal with that landfill later!"

Slamming the door close behind her, Aleen straightened her clothes, checked she had everything she needed on her, fixed her hair quickly in the mirror, and then turned to look at Vier. For some reason, her eyebrow was cocked slightly, giving her a rather questioning look.

"By the way... you do have money, right?" she asked. "If we're splitting a whole pie, I ain't paying your half. I eat what I pay for, and lemme tell you, I can for reals eat a whole pie, no probs!"

... Why did she sound so strangely proud of that fact?

Prushka

"Watch where you are going, you little Шлюха!"

Prushka's adventurous escapade into the depths of the kitchen had come to a screeching halt when she nearly rammed her scooter into another student that was currently going through the drawers, as if searching for something. Worryingly enough, she was currently rummaging through the various kitchen-knives there. Though really, this person hardly needed a knife. The glare that she threw towards the smaller girl could have sliced her in half had it been physical.

Still... the person that was inspecting the kitchen was a rather impressive one. Her clothes were clearly extremely expensive, ones fitting an aristocrat. Heck, she even used her military-style jacket as a cape that fell down on her lithe shoulders, giving her an aura of majesty... one that was marred how she seemed to deem everything around her like it was made out of feces.

------ Even Prushka.

"Now get out and take your toy with you," the girl verbally spat at Prushka. "If you absolutely need to whore for attention, do it somewhere where I cannot see or hear you. It is hard enough to take this place seriously without a circus карлик like you running around."

Yes, there was no doubt who this was.

Elizaveta Vyraj --- a compact package of pure unpleasantness.

New Person Met!
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 13th, 2019 at 05:32 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Putting down the large black suitcase, Anna closed the closet door after it with a rather resounding “thunk”. Hopefully, it wouldn’t be heard by whoever had the room next door. Not that she particularly cared, but trying to explain her frustrations would just be a hassle she would rather avoid.

The source of her frustrations was the inordinate amount of effort she had to do in order to unpack most of her belongings. Not only that but due to her rather… messy method of packing, most of her belongings were jumbled up beyond belief. Anna herself only got half-way through the massive pile that now sat in the middle of the room, before calling it quits. Her new tactic seemed to be one of spiteful pettiness. Maybe if she glared at the pile hard enough, it would deal with itself and all her problems would fix themselves.

Letting out an irritated “Tch!” the raven-haired girl turned her attention to the rest of the room in a somewhat futile attempt to dissuade her frustration.

The room looked barren as all hell. A couple of empty shelves, a wooden desk, a close, a single bed, and not much else beyond that. Not that she minded. In a way, it was probably more comfortable for her like this. Besides, judging by what they had been told by the faculty, the students were meant to decorate their own rooms anyway.

Fine by me. But really, this place is more like home than I thought.

Turning back towards her “pile”, Anna started to dig through it once more, all the while muttering to herself in clear irritation.

“I can’t wait to eat some bland-ass tasteless crap at the cafeteria. Gotta fill the full trifecta, eh?”

“I wonder if that prancing Principal of ours has some semi-decent food in his bunker or wherever he lives…” The raven-haired girl let out a hiss of frustration. ”Fuck it, this ain’t working.”

“...need to take a walk to clear my head… deal with this shit.”

Grabbing the folded map and room keys from her desk and her crimson jacket from the chair, Anna almost stomped out of the door and into the dormitory hallway. With a small click of the lock, the thick wooden door behind her was locked and with it at least some of her frustration.

But only some.

Paying no mind to the sounds emitting from the dining room, Anna started to head down the stairs down towards the first floor. Considering what few glimpses she could make out, it wasn’t worth it.

Шлюха, huh? So we have a random loudmouth Russian asshole milling about. Color me surprised. The similarities really are getting really uncanny at this point.

Oh well, I’m not in the mood to go picking a fight …not yet, at least.

So downstairs it was and then, hopefully, out of the door.

That was if everything went according to plan.
    Last edited by Mellon; September 9th, 2019 at 06:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

It was at the very end of getting settled in when Lucille realized she had a problem. Though she had finally managed to put everything away, neatly organize it so that she’d have no trouble remembering where everything was, she still felt like there was something missing. Normally on the wide variety of business trips she attended, she was accompanied by one of the family’s many maids to help her whenever she needed it, but this was an exception. Now burdened with the overwhelming price of freedom, she sighed. She had clothes, she had her alarm clock, she had all sorts of things, but what she was missing was entertainment.

“Shouldn’t you pack more things for you to do? You’re going to be there for over a year,” her personal maid had told her, which Lucille had brushed off as not that important. Now it definitely was, though, because the lack of personal entertainment was immediately apparent. No books, no movies, nothing except…

Well, she would go to the store and see if anything caught her fancy another day. It was up to her to see if the only fun thing she had packed was actually doable.

Besides… she needed to take a look around the school anyhow. It was her first time at one, after all.

Lucille Faraday

And that was how Lucille Faraday ended up in the gym next to Pinefall High's pool, trying to see if there was a musty old badminton net somewhere.
    Last edited by Katie; January 13th, 2019 at 07:09 PM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Dormitory, Common Area
    Evening Phase
    Still Sunny in the Evening

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Tsukioka
    "Come on, join in! Pyry here was telling this ri-di-cu-lous story about some guy he used to train with!"
    Ah, and thus it begins. It’s almost comedic: even in this bastion of abnormality, supposedly housed by those distanced from the norms of society, some things stay exactly the same. But, that is good. Because this is my element. If the world is a ballroom, this is the same old waltz I’ve already danced thousands of times.

I do take a moment longer than I need to, to the point that I might look awkward, standing still by the door. Well, the tall storyteller does not wait to me, and adds another violent simile to his bombastic tale. I briefly catch the profile of a newcomer stepping past me and into the common area—

Spoiler:
    Now I need to take another moment, not one of my choosing.

I had already noticed her at a distance: the delicate, elegant beauty, Adelaide Cheshire. But, this is…this is truly in a special category of comeliness.

I thought I saw her for a second there.

I thought I saw color for a second there.

That…that is…

…this person alone could make coming all the way here worth it.

...no, wait, don’t stare. That’s not acceptable behavior. I was going to do something. Clearly, that something won’t be drawing anymore.

Right, the Idiot Clique. I know how this goes. It’s just the usual. Just smile.

“Well, I feel like I should feel sorry for the guy who messed with Pyry Leijonamieli—oh, I probably did not pronounce that quite right.”

I chuckle at the inexistent joke. Just like at the bus, it’s the same old, rote performance.

“Of course I know who you are. Last November, Denver, the UFC 1 finals.”

Broaden the smile half an inch. Narrow the eyes just a bit. Tilt the head slightly to the left. Project warmth.

Build the lie around the truth.

“I was there, actually. Uncle’s a big fan. It was actually my first time at that kind of event, but it was quite the show. I guess I should thank you for that.”

I let my eyes roam over all the present, stopping a bit longer to greet the ever-smiling Sakura with a nod.

“Well, if I get to listen to the champion’s stories,”

Then I fixate on the green-themed artist to the side.

“And I can also look forward to Inacio Ilusão’s music,”

Now, remember that moment. Remember that person. And let my eyes shine.

“How could I possibly say no to that?”

For their sake, and my own, sustain the lie at all costs.

Again, my eyes cross the width of the sitting spaces. From Inacio, to the Asian girl whose name I don't quite remember right now, to the MMA champion, to Sakura, and finally to the fair Lady Cheshire.

“Now, I come from hours of sitting on a bus, so I guess I could stay standing like this, but I still would be grateful if any of you could open some room for me. Anyone?”

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Oh. It's her. A Russian girl, I think.

With that kind of behaviour, it's not hard to see how she landed a spot here. Perhaps she's the sort that's awful at pretending to be a decent person?

I can't understand what she's saying, but I expect it'll be the usual insults. Shorty. Brat. Pipsqueak. Freak. That sort of thing.

Well...

"Eeeeeeh? But I wanna stay here."

Those sorts of people are no more annoying than everyone else. If anything, I appreciate her honesty.

Now I was in a rush to go, but right now, I'm feeling like resting a bit more.

"I mean, if you ask someone to do something in that sort of unpleasant manner, is it really surprising that they'd want to do the exact opposite?"

I pull up a chair and have a seat.

"I was gonna apologize and move on, since it was wrong to almost crash into you and all, but now, well..."

Wait, no. Still shorter than her. I stand on the chair and fold my arms, looking down at the Russian girl from above. Now that I've got a better angle, though...

She's not being honest at all. Dammit.

"...don't you think wearing those and ordering me around like the Генера́л-полко́вник is a bit disrespectful?"

Blog Entries
    John Dove & Adelaide Cheshire

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide
    "Sounds like he wasn't getting up any time soon."
    "Oh, nah, he was fine, lady," Pyry said and chewed on the toothpick he had acquired from somewhere. "I mean, he looked like a deflated football, sure, but that's neither her or there. Anyways, the guy's looking like that, so ain't no way we're gonna risk facing his girlfriend's wrath. Only while we tried to come up with some sorta mask for him, guess who shows up ahead of time! Boom! Girlfriend, right there at the gym! She takes one look at him, one look at me, and the next thing I know I'm counting flying reindeer while the world goes spin-a-roonie! A-and the worst part, by time I wake up, my friend shows me a mirror and... a-and...!"

Pyry was almost unable to hold himself as waves of laughter bubbled out from within him.

"... Now we're both looking like we're sucking lemons!"

And with that revelation, the MMA champion made the most ridiculous face ever, tensing his facial muscles so that he, for a short while, did look like he had just finished eating the biggest lemon life had ever given to him. This was enough to break the camel's back as Sakura, Inacio and Ubon roared with laughter, unable to hold themselves back either.

While this hullaballoo was going on, Pyry finally took notice of John, flashing the other boy a wry grin. And as John told him that he had been there, witnessing the fight where Pyry had been crowned a champion, the effect was clear. It was like a bright like had appeared behind Pyry's eyes, and he leaned back on the sofa, quite a smug expression appearing on his face. It was like he was basking in the praise, no, he actually was... only his basking made him look more like a sunbathing lion than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Well, if I get to listen to the champion’s stories and I can also look forward to Inacio Ilusão’s music, how could I possibly say no to that?”
    "Alright! If it's stories you're looking for, I got plenty!" Pyry laughed, rolled his shoulders. "Heck, if we can find a VHS player, I can fetch the recording of my matches."

Meanwhile the boy tuning his guitar strummed out a beautiful note, almost like trying to mimic the other boy's boisterous laugh, and smiled at John in kind. There was definite warmth on his handsome face which is why his words were a bit surprising, all things considered.

"Well... If that's what you're actually after, I don't mind playing a song or two for you," he chuckled.

Was that an awkward choice of words, or...?

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Now, I come from hours of sitting on a bus, so I guess I could stay standing like this, but I still would be grateful if any of you could open some room for me. Anyone?”
    "Oh, oh! You can sit here!" The girl with blue hair piped up, switching to lotus-stance in how she was sitting and patting the patch of sofa next to her. "But I tooootally get whaddya mean, dude! I mean, my butt's been feeling like pins and needles for hours! Wonder if I got fleas from the bus-seat? Anyone know if bus-seats give butt-fleas? ... Wait, are butt-fleas even a thing?"

She quizzically tilted her head, only to earn a slightly confused look from Sakura.

"No, uhm... I don't think they are a thing, Ubon," she said, before sneaking a slightly horrified look at others. "... Right?"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa
    Date: 06.09.1994.Weather: Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by Souma
    Isn't that...the guy with the highest drop distance? No, that doesn't even matter. This whole atmosphere, his looks, this smell...For long moments, maybe even minutes, I was just standing there, staring at the ground with an apathetic look, not even realizing what was happening around me. I was lost deep in my thoughts, as if this whole situation flipped a switch in me.

"I'm Elaine, pleased to meet ya, nice eyepatch. This is Hisa, she's cool."
    I snap back into reality at the mention of my name. As I realize that Elaine just introcued me to the guy, my brain went into overdrive figuring how I should handle the situation.

"Hello" - I said as I tried to put on my warmest smile while waving at him slightly - "Nice to meet you."I...Guess its fine until he actually starts causing trouble. Should not judge a book by its cover, eh? I just hope he won't ruin the mood.

"Anyhow, if that's all the people wantin to tag along, we should probably go and get under way, burnin' daylight and all."
    While I was originally planning on preparing some things in my room, I quickly realized that I actually had no idea where she was going or where her car was, so I went after her, trying to keep up with the pace.

"So hey, where are we going? I'm probably most intrigued by the Overlook, but I guess anything is fine. Maybe we could grab something to eat at the dining place as well? Can't say that the food at the cafeteria was inedible, but probably doesn't even come close to what we could have there."

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Just a minute!"
    That minute had to be one of the more amusing minutes of my life. First, it sounded normal with the typical luggage opening and moving around which meant lots of loud grunting and slamming. Then it sounded like as if something fell on top of her toes which caused a stream of cursing that would make a Bundesmarine sailor proud. When it finally ended and the door opened, I saw a battlefield of clothes strewn all over and the victor (?) breathing very heavily.

“Seems like you had a hard time inside there...”

"Screw it! Pies! Now! Lesgo! I'll deal with that landfill later!"

“Right we need to get going before the pies run out right?”

If it wasn’t for that fact, I would’ve considered saying that she should probably deal with that now. Because placing things off, in general, tends to end badly later on.

"By the way... you do have money, right? If we're splitting a whole pie, I ain't paying your half. I eat what I pay for, and lemme tell you, I can for reals eat a whole pie, no probs!"
    “Uh...”

In hindsight, I should’ve seen this coming. While I cared for my hair as best as I could, it wasn’t as lustrous as everyone else’s because I had to buy the cheapest hair products. A bunch of "2 in 1" shampoo conditioners that just kept my hair clean if nothing else.

My clothes while on first glance was very neat and clean. Taking a closer look revealed that it was starting to fade a bit and was worn in certain areas. On top of that, it was clearly the fashion from two, three years ago and from some generic knockoff brand.

My double guitar gig bag was one of the few presentable things I owned seeing as how my last gig bags broke recently. My guitar however cleaned and polished as I could make it still looked as if it was fished out from the garbage… Which it was. But I won’t let anyone make fun of Gita and Fen!

All in all...

“I-I can pay for my half… I think. H-how much does one pie cost?”

I wasn't confident about being able to fully pay for my part of the pie.

Blog Entries
    Prushka
    [BGM]

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "...don't you think wearing those and ordering me around like the Генера́л-полко́вник is a bit disrespectful?"
    "Well well, look at the nerve on you, карлик..." Elizaveta practically purred with malice. "Not only a freak, but a mentally challenged one. Clearly coming here was your only chance at human interaction, was it not?"

With her eyebrow twitching at the sight of the shorter girl using the chair as her advantage, Elizaveta suddenly stomped on an ankle-high kitchen stool nearby with her heel. With one graceful move she rose up to it, gaining the advantage in inches once more when compared to Prushka. She had forgotten whatever she had been searching in the kitchen drawers, and had now directed her whole ire towards the smaller girl. Indeed, there was actual hostility in her eyes, a bit different from your usual school-yard bully. This was a young woman who expected people to treat her with certain respect, and when she didn't get it...

... She got nasty.

"Run your mouth all you want, jealously sneak glances at my insignia all you want, that will not help you close the distance between the two of us. I am not sure what you intend to accomplish by barking at those better than yourself, but there exists a certain order to things, even in a made-up society like this school," Elizaveta hissed. "If you intend to challenge me for my position in the pecking order here, you are free to do so. Just remember..."

Something twirled in Elizaveta's hand.

Suddenly, Prushka felt something cold and hard against her chin. A baton of some sort, highly ornate and looking like it held some sort of ceremonial, militaristic meaning, had been pushed against the tip of her chin, and now the thing was slowly but surely forcing her face to look upwards.

Yes, Elizaveta intended to force Prushka to look up to her, even if symbolically.

Elaine Winters & Momoi Hisa

"... Souma Nubatama. A pleasure to meet you both."

His voice was pleasant as always and his way of speaking very polite, there was even a smile on his face... but his eyes were not smiling. Or rather, his single eye wasn't. Speaking of which, the gaze of that eye lingered on the burn scars of Hisa, almost like analyzing them and coming to some sort of conclusion. Then they moved to stare at the hands and throat of Elaine for a moment, for who knows what reason? Whatever it was, it didn't exactly serve to make Souma any more pleasant company. It was rather how wild animals tended to look at things. They never looked someone in the eyes. They looked at 'what' you were instead.

But this was no wild animal. This was a person the same age as they were.

Which made it that much more unsettling.

"Anywho, if that's all the people wantin to tag along, we should probably go and get under way, burnin' daylight and all."
    "... Yes. I'd appreciate if we would not waste time."

Almost as if there was something to read between the lines, Souma's eye momentarily glanced at the kitchen, where some sort of commotion seemed to be brewing. The type that was better left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Momoi
    "So hey, where are we going? I'm probably most intrigued by the Overlook, but I guess anything is fine. Maybe we could grab something to eat at the dining place as well? Can't say that the food at the cafeteria was inedible, but probably doesn't even come close to what we could have there."
    Suddenly, Souma's stare was on Momoi again and his eye narrowed.

"... The diner is a good choice. The cherry pie there is so good..." For a moment, the young man chuckled under his breath. "... It'll kill you."

He then faced Elaine once more, focusing his full attention on the blonde girl.

"As for where I'm going, well... I will tell you when to pull the car over."

For the first time, he blinked.

"... I can walk back."

Vier Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “I-I can pay for my half… I think. H-how much does one pie cost?”
    "Hmh? About 12$ I guess?"

Aleen looked at her co-conspirator on the path of pie destruction with a slightly confused face, almost like she wasn't exactly sure why this was being asked. Still... even someone like Aleen was bound to get suspicious. Therefore it was not a surprise that she leaned in closer, eyebrow cocked, shooting an inquisitive stare towards the other girl.

"... Why'd ya ask?"
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 13th, 2019 at 08:35 PM.

Elaine Winters

"Ay, sure why not, pick up some grub while we're out, really sink our teeth into something local, yeah?"

I tried not to actively bristle at him eyeing me up, I'd be flattered, normally, but he's looking less at the charm points and more at some places that put me on edge.

I grinned at him, "You sure, man? Ah, well, guess it's okay, don't want to get sick offa all this estrogen, ah?"

I flexed, meaningfully.

"Off to adventure!"

Later...

Elaine Winters
    Pinefall High Dormitory - Parking Lot

I strode out boldly into the early autumn air, breathing in the piney scent of the northwest and breathing out steadily, laying my eyes steadily on my old friend, plain as can be.

A proud Mustang stood there, as if irritably waiting my arrival, crisp clean lines, bold red paint job, a grille like a snarling maw of a great beast. Open to the air and the rain and all that would stand against him, all those that were humbled before his passage. A sleek convertible, a bit old, but proud and bolder than brass.

He was my father's before he was mine, and time was weathered with the same seething tolerance as anything else.

The Mustang stood before me and the guests I had brought.

"Hello there my sweet baby," I cooed, running a ginger hand over him, murmuring fretfully as I inspected his chassis for damage, dings or scratches from the long journey, but no, he remained steadfast, only the scars of years in service marring his paint.

Admittedly, I'd dressed him up a bit fairly recently, after I'd heard cars could get shipped.

I fussed over him a bit, circling warily, before pulling the door open, turning to face my entourage.

"So yeah, here's my wheels. Hop in."
    Last edited by Mormarth; January 13th, 2019 at 09:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Lucille Faraday
    [BGM]

"Huff-!, huff-!, huff-!"

What was this smell of pure muscle that entered Lucille's nose? What was this mass of muscle that entered her vision? What was this man of muscle that was currently carrying wrestling mats five-at-a-time like they were nothing but dead air?

Ah yes, this was surely one of her teachers.

There was no doubt about it.

------------- This concentration of muscle could only be Hiroto Hatou, their P.E. teacher!

Watching the man at work was something of a spectacle. Rippling muscle sweating under a rather tight track suit (actually, it was tight enough to work as just another layer of skin), abs shining even through his clothes as they tensed and relaxed whenever he took a step, feathery hair that shone thanks to perspiration fluttering in the wind coming through one of the open windows, shoes squeaking on the floor of the school gym in a rhythmic pattern, eyes and mouth both laughing at the pure joy one could find in physical activity and the euphoria it brought, chiseled features that were framed by the light of the sun in a way that brought to mind the famous statue of Adonis.

And it didn't even stop there.

While usually sweat only smelled stuffy and bad, here it was naught but the sign and testimony of actual, pure work having been done. Broad shoulders carried the weight of the mattresses with ease that made it all look like child's play, chin that could have cracked open a boulder proudly pointed forward so that its owner knew exactly where he was heading, a row of pure white teeth shone like headlights as the man could not help but to smile, fingers curled against the hard surfaces of the mattresses and dug into them for a better grip, two firm buttocks danced before her eyes two and fro, swaying like the most hypnotizing pendulum world had ever produced.

Yes.

This had to be it.

Something Lucille had heard of but had never experienced before.

Something her personal maid had spoken of in a hushed tone.

Something that was apparently a stuff of legends.

Yes, this had to be it!

This was------!

------------- A BEAUTIFUL MAN!

New MAN Met!

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolf

"Hmh? About 12$ I guess?"
    Twelve dollars… Thank goodness I wasn’t buying a whole pie by myself. Otherwise, I would have to clean the dishes of the restaurant after eating. Regardless, this lack of money will need to be solved. Maybe I can look for a part-time job as a cleaner or something.

"... Why'd ya ask?"
    It’s kind of worrying when even Aleen is starting to get suspicious about my response. It’s not my fault that I don’t have money (it is). But it’s fine (this time). I can pay for my half (at great cost).

“Ahaha, I just don’t have that much US Dollars yet. But I can pay for my half for sure. So let’s get going before everyone steals the pies!”

Let's just get that Cherry Pie before I think about how much money I'm spending to be with Aleen... I can worry about her sense of money spending and my lack of money afterward.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

...this is bad.

I can't, no, no way, this stupid girl isn't going to make me look up at her!

Not anyone, but especially not her!

And definitely not with that thing that smells of pain!

At the last second, I blindly hop upwards and land on the kitchen table, bringing us back to eye level. The teachers are probably going to get angry at me for stepping on it, but right now, this is a million times more important.

"D-don't be dumb."

I step forward, so that if she wants to jump up to match me we'll practically be chest to chest.

"What pecking order? The one made up of people that just got here? The one that doesn't exist?"

An obsession with hierarchy, copious adornments, and an instrument of punishment... I can hazard a guess as to what kind of person this girl is.

"And what gives you the right to be on top? Those medals you didn't earn!?"

I don't want anything to do with imagined hierarchies. I don't want anything to do with them, but... even if it's a game I didn't chose to play, and actually kinda hate, I still won't lose at it!

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Alvena Cheshire

"... Now we're both looking like we're sucking lemons!"

She couldn't help it - that face was just too ridiculous. Adelaide started laughing, covering her mouth as she pointed at Pyry, legs drumming on the arm of the chair.

"What is that!? You look," she broke apart for a peal of laughter. "You look ridiculous! Do it again!"

The smaller girl's frame was shaking as she laughed, an uncontrollable sound that looked like it was rattling her whole body. Even though she tried desperately to cover her mouth, it was so big it couldn't be contained. When it had, finally, subsided, Adelaide leaned back, laying one of her arms over her eyes.

"I needed that. This bus ride was way too long."

"But I tooootally get whaddya mean, dude! I mean, my butt's been feeling like pins and needles for hours! Wonder if I got fleas from the bus-seat? Anyone know if bus-seats give butt-fleas? ... Wait, are butt-fleas even a thing?"

Adelaide turned her neck, looking sideways at the rest of the room.

"That's not... they don't... that's not real."

The slight confusion in her voice took away from her statement, however, and she looked up at the ceiling.

"Definitely... not real."

"No, uhm... I don't think they are a thing, Ubon... right?"

"Ah..."

Sitting up in her chair a little, Adelaide managed to get the poofy dress back under control. Finding normal clothes was going to have to be a priority.

"Um... I'm Adelaide, by the way. Nice to meet you all."
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    [BGM]

It took over half an hour, but eventually Anna found a place that was just the right one when it came to clearing one's thoughts.

Her feet had taken her out of the campus area and into the town of Road's End, walking through the low town and past the quaint little houses of wood and concrete. Logs were really popular building material around here as it turned out, giving the whole place a rather timeless image. Most likely even some 25 years into the future, it'd look exactly the same almost like no time had passed at all. In that sense, where Anna had eventually ended up in was rather similar. However, the reasons were different.

After all, the sea rarely, if ever, changed.

Slow afternoon waves kept rolling in to the sand-filled front of the beach, dying it darker in color and mixing to create slush amidst the stones and boulders that dotted the landscape. Far off, one could see the cliff from where the tall white structure known as the local lighthouse stood. However, in the light of the afternoon sun its beams were hardly needed. So now it, just like the beach itself, was silent. Indeed, if not for the gaggle of seagulls that had conquered part of the beach, it would have been absolutely silent. Their lone screeches echoed in the air, thrown towards the slowly setting sun in the distance. There, far across the ocean, other continents and lands existed. To the north was Canada and to the west was... well, eventually you'd hit Asia, wouldn't you? Maybe Japan and some lonely island of forgotten days where snow was already settling in.

But that was far from here.

The truth of the matter was that Anna was here, at Road's End, stuck like all the other members of her class. Quiet, empty town and a quiet, empty beach. It was like a rare few people actually even lived here.

... No, scratch that, actually.

The beach wasn't completely empty.

There, near the water, sat a lonely figure that one could have almost overlooked. It looked to be a young kid, maybe 10 or 12 years old, dressed in bright red that echoed his blazing hair. Even from far away it was clear that the boy was fighting back tears, his shoulders shaking and occasionally wiping his eyes and his runny nose. There was also the fact that his whole hunched-over stance told he was trying his best to hide it.

Still, the boy hadn't noticed Anna --- Not yet, anyway.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 13th, 2019 at 09:38 PM.