Page 80 of 244 FirstFirst ... 30707578798081828590130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Elaine Winters
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)
    Weather: Storm

"No, see, it was tea, but it was actually Green, not the Black you'd expect," She confided, "Weirdest thing."

The Boston story was a pretty good one, even if some details were scrubbed to protect innocent young minds, and also be less embarrassing.

Truly, this policy of MAE (Mutually Assured Embarrassment) was one that would shape policy for generations...

Elaine smiled over what was probably her third or fourth beer, they'd managed to wrangle up some bar food so the morning probably wasn't going to be too bad, but it was always good to pace herself, lest something unfortunate happen.

She was already getting a little giggly.

Then the door slapped open, revealing a brief acquaintance, and a tired-looking gentleman who seemed to be of the medical persuasion.

She sipped at the last of her drink as they chattered on, feeling a bit of reciprocal cheer from the two men's easy banter, giving her a nostalgic smile.

Then something twinged in the back of her mind, and she blinked, then rubbed at her head in embarrassment.

"Ah, sheesh, can't believe I almost forgot, been so busy riding around on this nonsense almost forgot to pay the guy a visit."

She stood up, a decent amount of experience allowing her to smoothly maneuver through the loosened muscles.

"Gimme a second, gonna go get another, gotta chat up an acquaintance."

The blonde girl ambled to the bar at an easy pace, positioning herself near to where the three were chatting.

"Hoy, Miss Billie, one more please, then I'll probably hop to some water," She drawled, smiling lazily, eyes swerving to the two men, nodding in recognition, "Oh, hi Tommy, thanks for the stuff for a couple of days ago, got a lot of appreciation for my bootstrapped fireworks."

She nodded respectfully to the coated man, a slightly impish glint in her eyes, "Hello sir, I'm one of those kids giving you more work, Elaine Winters, at your service."

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Eh? Alex Terrot?"

That name is... totally unfamiliar.

"Is he one of the students at Pinefall or something, Vivi?"

What could she want? Well, too many things. Even if Vivi says she's empty inside, she definitely has wants and needs, which means there are things she wants or needs to do and people she wants to talk to. This Terrot guy must be one of those people... I'm not gonna pry into it. If Vivi wants to share, she can do so on her own initiative.

"Eh, whatever. More importantly!"

I approach Rachel, who's leaning on the wall with a scowl on her face. She... doesn't seem to like me much, huh?

That's awesome! Being so honest with negative feelings like that means she must be less awful than most humans. That only makes me more interested!

"Why the long face?" I ask her. "We totally interrupted something important, didn't we? What was it? Is it outside? In this storm?"

Elise Pelltier

Elise glanced about the room. Both Aleen and Gabi seemed to be much more settled. Aleen was still hidden within her cocoon of blankets, but she was now conversing with Ubon about their effectiveness.

Blankets. Strong against emotional damage, and the cold.

Ramia pulled out a handheld gaming console Elise didn't recognize, and loaded up what was presumably bootleg cartridge. She fidgeted with the game for a moment before looking up at Elise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramia
    "Guess you guys got stuck here too, thanks to the storm? Still. Gotta say you're an odd combo. I don't think I've seen our two brunettes together before. Just met on a coincidence, or are you planning something sinister?"
    A well timed strike of lightning made Ramia's words seem considerably more ominous than she likely intended.

"Ha!" laughed Elise, amused by the well timed dramatic lightning, "No, no. Nothing sinister. We just bumped into each other, actually. I was-"

Wait. What was I doing before this? There was... Oh, right!

"I'd heard a commotion from downstairs and was going to see what was up with that when I bumped into Vier and Aleen in the hallway. Then I guess I got sidetracked and ended up in the kitchen," finished Elise.

That seems to be my theme for the day, thought Elise as she recalled the strange turn of events in the morning.

"Wait. Are Vier and I the only brown haired girls in the school? That can't be right..."

Elise thought about her follow classmates and their respective hair colours, and drew a blank.

Plenty of blondes, a scattering of blues and greens... maybe I should consider dying my hair? Huh.

"I guess we are. I really hadn't considered that..." muttered Elise, "As for the storm, I don't mind being stuck in here on account of it. I think it's pretty exciting to get to watch a big storm like this one."

Elise spared a short glance over to Aleen, Can't imagine she feels the same.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

"... If you want to be technical about it, I suppose the proper term for us, and myself especially as a saishu, would be... heretic."
    Lucille, who had gladly acquiesced to Tonkori’s demand of being scratched behind the ears, paused for a moment, and then continued.

That word bore a lot of stigma, didn’t it?

That was why Subaru was unwilling to speak about it. On the other hand, Lucille didn’t pay it any mind. After all, she thought that people should be judged by the contents of their character, not their beliefs. It was all too easy to believe in the wrong thing without guidance.

“Is it just because you believe in different things than the original?” Lucille asked, her voice slipping into the familiar politeness she’d grown to hide behind. “If so…”

“That makes quite a lot of people heretics,” she said, voicing an opinion. “It’s not like we—”

Lucille glanced at Mercedes, and then made the decision that speaking for her was a bad idea.

“It’s not like I’d be able to tell what’s heretical and what isn’t,” Lucille continued. “It’s like a Buddhist judging Christian doctrine, you know? You might see it that way, but I, or probably, many people in this school, can’t really shame you or anything. That’d just be bigoted. So, there’s nothing to really be hesitant about.”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff & Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise Pelltier
    "Uhm, is there anything I could do to help you with the soup?"
    “You can relax while I find out what ingredients we have. Need to see if I can even make the kartoffelsuppe.”

My rummage through the kitchen was pretty successful. Except for one minor issue, I couldn’t find any potatoes on a cursory glance. I had all of the other vegetables which consisted of a leek, carrots, and some kale. The meats which were bacon and some sausage that was similar to bratwurst. We even had the chicken broth that I wouldn’t have to make from scratch now.

I casually listened to Ubon and Aleen’s conversation. Looks like it was a good idea for me to just let the situation sort itself out because Aleen and Ubon seemed to be bonding over their usage of “blanket barriers.“ It made me a little happy that Aleen was getting along with more people. However, I don’t want to see Ubon or Aleen in their mobile blanket fortress eating like a kilo of ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramia Ramalsaqr
    "Guess you guys got stuck here too, thanks to the storm? Still. Gotta say you're an odd combo. I don't think I've seen our two brunettes together before. Just met on a coincidence, or are you planning something sinister?"
    Hmm… I’m sure there’s some potatoes somewhere… Maybe under the sink? While I looked around under the sink, I decided to answer Ramia Ramalsaqr after Elise.

"Ha! No, no. Nothing sinister. We just bumped into each other, actually. I was- ...I'd heard a commotion from downstairs and was going to see what was up with that when I bumped into Vier and Aleen in the hallway. Then I guess I got sidetracked and ended up in the kitchen.

"I guess we are. I really hadn't considered that… As for the storm, I don't mind being stuck in here on account of it. I think it's pretty exciting to get to watch a big storm like this one."
    “I probably could’ve stayed at the Owl’s Nest hotel if I really wanted to. The owner’s niece seemed nice enough to let me stay if it rained that hard while I was working.”

After peering under the sink for a little bit, I didn’t find the potatoes there as well. Just the pipes and other miscellaneous sink items like soap, sponges, and etc. I went to just pull out the pots and pans, I would need to make some form of soup like I said I would.

“...And I guess it is odd for the two of us to be together since I don’t think we’ve ever really interacted with each other outside of the classroom. As for how we met… Well you can thank Aleen for that.”

As I started pulling out the pots and pans, I noticed something hidden at the very back. If it wasn’t for the fact that I was actively looking for things, I probably would have missed it. In the very back was a sack of some sorts. That’s when I heard Gabi Bahkauv quietly ask me a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabi Bahkauv
    "... Hast du überhaupt Kartoffeln?"
    For once, he wasn’t stuttering. I can guess that Gabi Bahkauv's Mother wasn’t paying attention at the moment or perhaps he wasn’t particularly skilled at English. Since he decided to speak in Deutsch, I responded in kind.

“Einen Moment bitte, etwas gefunden.”

To my surprise, the hidden sack had the potatoes I was looking.

“Jawohl, Kartoffel.”

I wonder why someone hid these potatoes away… Regardless, these should do nicely.

“So Elise, how good are you cooking bacon? Otherwise, I could always use someone who could peel and cut the potatoes.”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Oh, hi Tommy, thanks for the stuff for a couple of days ago, got a lot of appreciation for my bootstrapped fireworks."
    Tommy looked, perhaps understandably, surprised and confused for a moment when chatted to by the young blonde. However, quickly enough recognition dawned in the young man's eyes and a grin spread to his face. He took a sip of his beer, wiped his mouth to his sleeve and turned on his bar stool so that he faced Elaine properly.

"Ah, Winters, wasn't it? Glad to hear everything worked out for you! I was a bit worried since I saw you tinkering with them in a way that'd make OSHA give me the stink-eye, but... well, as long as nobody lost any fingers or eyes, I suppose it's fine," Tommy replied with an amused shrug at the end of his words. "Actually drove by the beach while you guys were having your little party. Seemed pretty swell, though I didn't want to interrupt the good times you were having. Hell, it sorta reminded me of Pinefall back in the day..."

With the mechanic descending into a moment of remembrance, it allowed Elaine to focus her attention to the other, taller, unknown person with Tommy.

"Hello sir, I'm one of those kids giving you more work, Elaine Winters, at your service."
    Albert Roslin raised his eyebrow a little at Elaine's drawling speech and the beer she was handed by Billie.

"Huh... so you'd seem to be. Can't say I appreciate one of my patients drinking alcohol at a time like this..." He started, before momentarily breaking into a crooked grin. "... But I'm off-duty, so it's not my problem. And besides, my job is to make sure you lot are medically safe and sound - not that you don't do stupid stuff teenagers are want to do."

As if to punctuate his words, the good doctor took a swig from his beer.

"That's how it should be, Doc. If teens can't get themselves into trouble, they'll never learn," Tommy commented, chuckling to himself. "Though since you said you've been swamped with work, I at least hope nothing serious has happened."

Albert smiled and shook his head.

"Nothing odder than one anemic student requesting some blood packs, and another something for insomnia, with the week ending at one required examinations. So I'd say it was---"

The good doctor's words died in his mouth, and he gave his beer a scowl.

"... This stuff's affect me fast, huh? Guess that's what you get, drinking while tired and hungry."

Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “It’s not like I’d be able to tell what’s heretical and what isn’t. It’s like a Buddhist judging Christian doctrine, you know? You might see it that way, but I, or probably, many people in this school, can’t really shame you or anything. That’d just be bigoted. So, there’s nothing to really be hesitant about.”
    A grateful smile and a faint blush appeared on Subaru's face, clearly appreciating Lucille's kind words. Even Tonkori, currently enjoying his ears being scratche, rewarded the blonde with a few licks to her fingers - a showcase of affection rather rare for the proud little puppy. Meanwhile Mercedes, who didn't voice out his own opinion, simply nodded... perhaps somewhat surprisingly. From the looks of it she more or less agreed to what her friend had said, though most likely, she would have phrased it in a more... acidic manner.

"W-well, it is partially because of what I, we, our family and our followers, believe in..." Subaru started, fidgeting with her fingers. "... But it also has to do with who we are... perhaps a bit of where we come from... and to add that the target of our prayers and system of belief, it creates a rather complex situation that has left us branded as heretics in the eyes of modern Shinto and its practitioners. N-not that I do not understand where they are coming from, it is just---"

"... It's just because of your bloodline, and how you're following the Ainu religion."

A sudden chill entered the room, along with a new voice.

"Even Buddha would have his limits on how disrespectful you can be towards your ancestors."

While Subaru's face grew pale and she scooted backwards on her chair, to get away from the doorway to the corridor, while Tonkori jumped up on Lucille's lap, snarl escaping from his mouth and fur poofy in every direction to appear bigger... Mercedes narrowed her eyes and put her hand onto the gift that Lucille had given to her. For both Subaru and her dog, the response was emotional, whereas the actress... she returned the freezing cold of this new voice with her own - like a blizzard buffeting against a snowstorm to keep it at bay.

And who was the person who had intruded on their little heart-to-hear?

"... Stop acting terrified. You're the one who brought it up, saishu," the boy from the doorway said bluntly, his voice quiet yet strong. "I'm just here to eat."

Minato Coastrise - one of the three new students of Pinefall, was standing in the doorway while holding a pair of chopsticks and a cup of instant noodles, steam from his food rising from the bowl and filling the room with an admittedly delicious smell. Especially considering how he had probably added those slices of pork and vegetables into the mix himself.

Still... that confrontational stare of his didn't help the matters in the least, especially considering what he had just said.

"... Y-y-you're..." Subaru stammered, hands over her mouth. "... Ghost of the Bakumatsu..."

Minato rolled his eyes derisively, and clicked his tongue.

"Tch. Whatever," he brushed Subaru's words aside. "... I just want to eat."

Vier Wolff & Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Wait. Are Vier and I the only brown haired girls in the school? That can't be right... I guess we are. I really hadn't considered that... As for the storm, I don't mind being stuck in here on account of it. I think it's pretty exciting to get to watch a big storm like this one."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “I probably could’ve stayed at the Owl’s Nest hotel if I really wanted to. The owner’s niece seemed nice enough to let me stay if it rained that hard while I was working. ...And I guess it is odd for the two of us to be together since I don’t think we’ve ever really interacted with each other outside of the classroom. As for how we met… Well you can thank Aleen for that.”
    Ramia rubbed her chin, thinking for a moment, before raising her index finger in a small Eureka-moment.

"Well, there's that Sakura-girl. You know, the one that's even louder than Ubon here sometimes," the dusky-skinned girl replied. "But, that might be it? Guess there's only three of you brunettes, then..."

Two hands slammed at the kitchen table, revealing Ubon with her nostrils flaring and an indignant look on her face.

"I'm not loud! You're the worst, Rammie, for realsies!" the cyanhead complained. "I'm... I'm just excitable, yeah! That's it! Nothing's wrong with being excitable, right Essie! Just like back at the beach!"

The hyperactive classmate was now half-clinging to Elise's arm, seeking to wring some mental support from her. Ramia watched the scene unfold with clear amusement, and no hurry to help Elise out of her predicament. Indeed, perhaps the game she was playing wasn't that interesting, or perhaps she was just a sucker for real-life comedy acts, but the dusky-skinned girl was keeping her focus on Ubon and Elise for now.

Meanwhile Gabi was following Vier's preparations of the soup with mild interest, still squatting on the countertop. However at this point it was less because he was afraid, but more because he saw no reason to move... even if he was being kinda in the way. From his perch, the effeminate boy stared at the pots and the pans and the ingredients being gathered.

“So Elise, how good are you cooking bacon? Otherwise, I could always use someone who could peel and cut the potatoes.”
    "........ Ah."

A sudden, quiet sound from Gabi.

"... I'm pretty good... at shredding things..." the boy mumbled, eyeing the ingredients. "... Want me to help...?"

Behind Vier, however, a certain blanket worm had risen up to her full height, and now Aleen was making her way towards the center of the room. While she did mumble something about Gabi being creepy as usual (and she wasn't exactly the wrong - the boy had a bad habit of wording his sentences just a little bit off), she instead ignored that situation and wobbled over to the table where Ramia was sitting. After squeezing herself and her blanket barrier to one of the chairs, Aleen peered at the group that had gathered into the kitchen, a rather serious look in her red eyes.

"I just noticed... we, without even meaning to, gathered here in the kitchen," Aleen suddenly started, catching everybody's attention with how serious her voice was suddenly being. "Not only that, but we gathered here as a group of girls and only girls."

A single hand was raised from the kitchen counter.

"... U-umm, I'm a-"

"You don't count, Gabi," Aleen interjected immediately.

Then, her attention was back at the female students that had gathered in the kitchen.

"Now then... it's stormy outside, we've no place to be right now, we're all bored outta our minds... so what say you we ditch plans like playing games or studying while Vier cooks, and instead focus on something important," Aleen suggested, her voice now a conspiratorial whisper. "Something much, much more important..."

A tense silence filled the room.

Even Ramia swallowed loudly.

And then, out of nowhere, Aleen's eyes flashed dangerously - hungrily.

"--- Which boys in our school are the hottest!"

Lightning flashed dramatically across the sky, illumating Aleen's cocooned up form in the darkness.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Speak of the devil, Lucille thought, wondering how anyone could have such awful timing. The one moment where she thought everything was going smoothly had been utterly ruined with just a few words. Still, she had to keep her cool. Visibly being frustrated wouldn’t help make her more personable, after all.

No, what was the pressing matter was that somehow, Subaru knew him? But, as far as Lucille could remember, she’d never seen him before. But he was here, eating in the Pinefall cafeteria… So he had to be a student, didn’t he? It certainly didn’t explain why he showed up out of the blue like this, but then again…

Elizaveta Vyraj vanished without a trace.

Someone appearing out of the blue was probably… acceptable? As Lucille thought about this, she tried to ignore the smell of food. She was a bit hungry, but… It probably wasn’t the time? There were mysteries to be solved.

Of course, there was the urge to defend Subaru… but as she had just mentioned, she was in no place to judge. How ironic, to be held up by her own words. Still, she gave Subaru a sympathetic smile, as if apologizing for the man’s sudden intrusion.

“I’m sorry to ask this, but who are you, exactly?” Lucille awkwardly paused, realizing that in her curiosity, she suddenly put the cart before the horse. She skipped her own introduction. “I’m Lucille Faraday, excuse me. Did you recently arrive or something?”

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

“I’m sorry to ask this, but who are you, exactly? I’m Lucille Faraday, excuse me. Did you recently arrive or something?”
    There was a pregnant pause.

A heavy silence hung over the air of the dining room, with only the rain outside breaking it. Then, after clicking his tongue the second time, Minato averted his eyes away from Lucille, sitting down on the opposite end of the large table and focusing on his food instead. His chopsticks pierced the soup and caught some of the noodles, and from the looks of it, the boy was about to ignore her completely.

"... Whatever," Minato mumbled.

However, there was one person that wasn't about to let this silence stand.

"Minato Coastrise. One of those Coastrise-siblings or whatevah that arrived today," Mercedes said, her narrowed eyes glued to the boy and with that cold look on her face. "Didn't you hear, like, the commotion Lucy? It was this guy, his braindead older sister and pipsqueak of a younger sister."

Well, there had certainly been something going on near the entrance, but at least to Lucille, it had been something she had missed. Still, considering that Mercedes recognized him and told he was a new student, that must have been the case. The starlet had no reason to lie... heck, she probably would have said lies dirtied her mouth or something equally strange.

But then there was Subaru Iburi and her reaction... and a certain sense of recognition in her eyes.

Almost like she had seen Minato Coastrise before. Somewhere. A long time ago.

Though, for some reason...

"... Coastrise?" Subaru mouthed in confusion.

... She didn't seem to connect his last name to him.

Nevertheless, the boy didn't seem too bothered by this sudden attention shoved upon him, not even by the angry looking Akita pup that had settled itself protectively between him and the girls. Instead he slurped down on some noodles, showing quite the dexterity in how he handled the chopsticks, while occasionally slurping on the soup. It would have been very mundane, if not for the strangely tense atmosphere that still permeated the air around them.

Eventually even Minato had to address this. He lifted his gaze from his food... and looked straight into Lucille's eyes.

"... What?" the boy asked, like he was expecting a confrontation.

Elaine Winters

The blonde girl nodded, expression sympathetic, "Too much work, not enough sleep, working hours that have you lose track of time, thinking strange thoughts when you have to look deep into other people..."

She smiled, "I know the feeling, sir, and I appreciate your concern, being a stupid teenager and aware of it."

She leaned up against the bar, "One of my own brothers had a condition similar to epilepsy, seizures and the like, so when it comes to people crippled by their own bodies like that, I really feel for them. It's hard not to, having something like that around all the time."

Her smile turned a bit sad, "Haven't seen him in a bit, went off to Stanford a few years ago, tried to get in touch with him a few days ago, but..." She shrugged, "Sure he's doing alright though, he's pretty tough, probably even smarter than me, too."

A snort, "Probably smarter than my other brother, more meat than brains, that one, doubt he's ever been sick in his life and he can't hardly pass through a town without half the menfolk cursing his name, probably due to his affinity for the, ah, fairer side of the equation."

She rolled her eyes.

"Damned horndog, can't hardly pass through any town without people cursing the name of Gabriel Winters."

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

"Damned horndog, can't hardly pass through any town without people cursing the name of Gabriel Winters."
    Albert chuckled a tired laugh, taking another swig from his beer. Perhaps thanks to his fatigue, the good doctor was clearly getting drunk quite fast, though for someone as tall as him it would still take for a moment. Tommy, on the other hand, looked like someone who was capable of handling his alcohol... that, or the younger man was just taking it easy when it came to drinking.

"Ahaha, well, we all know people like that. Some are just more 'into' the eternal game between men and women, I suppose..." Albert said with another chuckled. "Though as a doctor, I do have to recommend that you tell your brother to use protection - or at the very least get himself checked periodically. A few bad partners, and a personality like that is a recipe for a disaster across the states..."

Tommy nearly choked in his beer when he realized what the doctor had just said, his hacking cough echoing loud in the bar. Billie Boulders, when seeing this, let out a warmhearted laugh and slid a glass of water in front of the young man - one that he gobbled up quite fast to calm himself down. Carrie Rivers, on the other hand, scoffed quietly and rolled her eyes. She didn't seem to much like the fact that the counter had gotten so loud now that both the men and Elaine had settled in there.

"M-man, Doc, a little warning next time, alright?" Tommy said, wiping his mouth in his sleeve. "Plus I don't think Winters here likes to think about her brother's... possible medical complications. I mean, a little tact, yeah?"

Albert chuckled again, shaking his head in amusement.

"Ah, sorry, sorry. I should get out of work-mode, I suppose," he admitted, before looking over at Elaine. "Still, I'm glad to hear that despite being a 'patient' yourself, you still have empathy towards those who suffer in different ways. Sounds like you were taught the most important things growing up. That's good. Youth today tends to be quite selfish these days."

Though he tried to sound serious, the glint in Albert's eyes told that he was also partially joking.

"In any case, if you happen to know Miss Lockhart, try to be encouraging to her. She seems the type who tries to do everything by herself, meaning it'll eventually land her in hot water, especially with her condition," Albert continued. "Hell, her previous physician, Dr. Agon, specifically told me to encourage her to make friends."

Looking a bit smug, Albert took a sip of his beer.

"So I guess I'm doing my work, even during off-hours!"

Elaine Winters
    Location - Big Boy’s Gas Station
    Phase - Evening Phase
    Date - 10.9.94 (SAT)
    Weather - Storm

Lockhart, hm? She searched her memory for a moment, blonde, Alexstrasza was her name, they were sort of around each other but never actually spoke.

“But yeah, I know the girl, I’ll keep her in mind then when I get back.”

Then she smiled, a teasing light in it, as if the man was in sight she would begin bullying him mercilessly.

“I’ll be sure to let my dear brother know, even if it’s just to annoy him. Pretty sure he’s on top of it already though, unless I’ve got a lot of nieces and nephews I don’t know about.”

She frowned as she considered that for a moment.

“Or strange rashes, really, might explain why I haven’t heard from him in a while, actually got a postcard from around here a while back.”

Elaine pursed her lips, “He’s certainly been around, that’s for sure, doing his usual shenanigans as well. But, no one can seem to tell me where he’s crawled off to.”

She fished the picture out and offered it to the pair, “Seen the bum around?”

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

“He’s certainly been around, that’s for sure, doing his usual shenanigans as well. But, no one can seem to tell me where he’s crawled off to. Seen the bum around?”
    Both men looked over the picture, Tommy grabbing it and presenting it so that both he and Albert could see it. While the good doctor rubbed his chin, his eyes narrowing deep in thought, along with letting a quiet hum under his breath, the mechanic stayed silent. After a moment's silence Albert, however, shook his head, giving an Elaine apologetic look - one of an adult who was sorry he couldn't help the youth in front of him, and barely resisted giving an encouraging pat to her head, so as to not belittle her.

"Sorry. Can't say I have. Then again, I'm just one of the people at End's Mercy, but..." the doctor thought for a moment. "If you want, I can ask around for someone fitting this description. If he's visited our hospital, somebody should have seen him. Though I can't promise anything... sorry."

He did seem genuinely apologetic that he couldn't help.

Tommy however... he had a somewhat surprised look on his eyes.

"You know... I think I've seen this dude," he said quietly, tapping the picture with his finger. "Not completely sure, but yeah... I think I saw him once. Didn't talk to him, though, but... yeah."

Tommy nodded to himself.

"Can't remember how long ago it was, but I definitely saw this guy talking to Jake at the A.D's."

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

While Lucille was undoubtedly grateful for Mercedes’ helpful explanation, that didn’t help the situation at hand… That is, the fact that she was being ignored. The slight at Subaru was certainly more important, but getting someone as stubborn as the individual in front of her to make any attempts at rescinding his rude behavior seemed far out of reach. And now that he was glaring at her, as if he expected some clash of wills…

Lucille thought back to Xylia and wondered if she should back down, rather than possibly repeat the same mistake again.

Then again, he was being rude. Reprimanding him seemed just fine.Besides, there were people around and surely they’d stop things from escalating any further… right?

Despite being unsure if that was the case, Lucille Faraday pressed on.

“Popping into a conversation to just to say something and then ignore everyone else is rude, you know.” Lucille, whose expertise in nitpicking at things was unparalleled, said her piece. It was probably a stretch to make him apologize to Subaru, considering the tone of his previous statement, but at least she could attempt to induce some self-reflection. “If you just wanted to eat in peace, then you didn’t need to say anything.”

Elaine Winters
    Phase - Evening Phase
    Date - 10.9.94 (SAT)
    Weather - Storm

“A.D?”

She blinked for a moment, then her mouth formed an ‘O’ in realization, “Ah, right, the diner, good steaks there. No wonder he poked his head in.”

She dipped her head gratefully, “Thanks for helping out a girl in need, fellas, I’m really grateful, and let me know if you find anything around the hospital, Doctor Roslin, don’t really want to know if my fool brother’s gotten himself hurt, but…”

She grimaced, “It’s better than not knowing at all.”

The girl from nowhere straightened up from her leaning on the bar, bottle in hand, still untouched. She lifted it in a salute and grinned, a sunny light in it.

“Anything you need, just let me know.”

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

“Popping into a conversation to just to say something and then ignore everyone else is rude, you know. If you just wanted to eat in peace, then you didn’t need to say anything.”
    Minato, who had been focusing on his food, stopped mid-bite and continued staring at Lucille. His eyes narrowed, though it was hard to tell whether it was anger, annoyance, or simply a deep thought that was passing by the boy's face. The tension in the air felt like it had grown heavier, like Lucille had poked at a hornet's nest out of sheer curiosity... but, unlike what was the likeliest outcome, nothing like an outburst happened.

Instead, Minato Coastrise averted his eyes, like he didn't want to look Lucille any longer... or rather, didn't find her any more worth his attention.

"... She was not being honest," Minato simply retorted, as if that would have explained everything.

Subaru, who had been staying silent all this time, flushed bright red when she heard that. Mercedes, on other hand, let out an amused snort... but without any humour in it. Her attitude towards the boy had been cold so far, and it didn't feel like anything was about to change. Indeed, the starlet looked like if she were to open her mouth, nasty, insulting things would come falling out.

Which was, perhaps, why she had let Lucille take the lead here.

"... Besides..." Minato grunted after a small pause. "... Why should I pay attention to you? Are you that needy?"

It was insulting, yes.

It was rude, yes.

But for some reason, Mercedes -just for a split second- looked like she suffocated a bout of laughter that was about to escape her throat.

Elaine Winters

“Anything you need, just let me know.”
    The two guys looked at each other, both wearing amused smiles. It looked like Elaine's attitude and general behavior had left a good impression on them, one of a girl with a good head on her shoulders even if she was somewhat drunk and babbling on about her family. Albert Roslin, the good doctor, lifted the rest of his pint towards her direction as a goodbye, before gulping down on the beer and looking like he was about to get properly plastered now that he was stuck here while the storm was raging outside.

Meanwhile, Tommy Horse rubbed his chin, thought for a moment, before suddenly he blurted out---

"Well, I wouldn't mind knowing if you wanna go on a date next Wednesday," the mechanic replied out of nowhere. "I mean, you seem like a blast and I wouldn't mind more of your company."

This time, it was Albert's time to almost choke on his beer. The good doctor hacked and coughed, striking his windpipe with his fist, until he had gotten that bout under the control. Then, looking somewhat furious, he whirled around and swatted the other man on the head.

"She's a minor, you dunce!" Albert half-shouted, looking actually angry. "Can't you keep it in your pants for a while!?"

Tommy, taking the hit in a good humour, rubbed his head before shooting a mischievous grin towards his friend.

"What, she looks pretty mature for her age?" he replied, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't see any problems with that."

And then, just for a moment, Tommy's expression grew more serious.

Almost like he let it slip through.

"... Besides, I wouldn't mind hearing about how Jake's doing as a janitor. He's been acting pretty weird lately..." Tommy added quietly.

Elaine Winters
    Phase - Evening Phase
    Date - 10.9.94 (SAT)
    Weather - Storm

Elaine blinked, a strange expression passing over her face for a moment, face going blank as she blinked once, twice.

Then it passed, slipping easily under the light mist of alcohol-assisted amiability.

“Hm? Sure, okay.” She waved an airy hand, “Always willing to help out a guy in need.”

She didn’t need to go letting out old pain at people like that, they didn’t deserve it.

“Not exactly the greatest date, but whatever floats your boat, sahib.”

Besides, a person using something to possibly help out a friend was something she understood.

Elise Pelltier

“I probably could’ve stayed at the Owl’s Nest hotel if I really wanted to. The owner’s niece seemed nice enough to let me stay if it rained that hard while I was working.”
    “Oh! You're working at the Owl's Nest Hotel?” asked Elise, “How's that going?”

Quote Originally Posted by Ramia
    "Well, there's that Sakura-girl. You know, the one that's even louder than Ubon here sometimes. But, that might be it? Guess there's only three of you brunettes, then..."
    Sakura? Of course!

Elise smacked her forehead with her hand, “How on Earth did I forget about Sakura? Well that makes three of us-”

Elise was suddenly interrupted when Ubon slammed her hands on the kitchen table loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon
    "I'm not loud! You're the worst, Rammie, for realsies! I'm... I'm just excitable, yeah! That's it! Nothing's wrong with being excitable, right Essie! Just like back at the beach!"
    ... and before she knew it there was a Ubon attached to her arm.

You and Sakura both have no respect for personal space!

“Sakura is also just very excitable. Yeah, she can be a little louder than she means to be sometimes, but she's a very friendly person, who'll go out of her way to help others,” replied Elise, “There's nothing wrong getting excited about something, that just means you're having fun, right?”

Quote Originally Posted by Gabi
    "... I'm pretty good... at shredding things... Want me to help...?"
    “I can handle bacon most of the time, but I think I'd be better at prepping those potatoes,” replied Elise as she slowly attempted to extract her arm from Ubon, “Although if Gabi wants to take the potatoes, I can handle the bacon if you want.”

Although maybe shredding the potatoes might be a bit extreme...

As Elise endeavoured to free her arm, a great blanket worm rose in the distant corner of the room, made her way to the centre of the room, where she took a seat at the kitchen table, and then spoke:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Now then... it's stormy outside, we've no place to be right now, we're all bored outta our minds... so what say you we ditch plans like playing games or studying while Vier cooks, and instead focus on something important. Something much, much more important..."

Once again, a well time dramatic lightning strike flashed outside the window.

Elise pretended to be very focused on that sack of potatoes before replying to Aleen's chosen topic of discussion.

Well, this definitely must be a sign that Aleen is feeling better.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Pff… whahaha… hah…” Laughter, an infectious phenomenon, is hard to stop once it starts. Bizarre as it was, somehow he knew it was laughter. Because much like a yawn, just a few seconds after hearing it, he couldn’t stop himself from falling prey to the giggles. “What kinda... pfffhahahaha, what, is-! Hahaha!”

Trying not to laugh, while being unable to stop laughing, and also trying to talk can be surprisingly tough on the lungs. In just a short moment of laughter, Colt winded himself, constantly trying to spit out a sentence that died in laughter again and again. He tried and tried, but with every Bwrrr-PAH he lost control again.

At some point, his breath ran so short that he couldn’t manage another giggle.

“What kinda laugh…” once the laughter stopped, even if only for a few seconds, it could be kept in, “is THAT. Lord have mercy, bless her heart, I’m gonna die.”

Wiping his eyes, Colt finally turned around and looked at the girls on the bed.

"Oh."

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

“Oh! You're working at the Owl's Nest Hotel? How's that going?”
    “It’s easy but tedious work just like all part time jobs. It’s kind of why I feel so tired right now.”

Well I did feel tired, but it wasn’t enough for me to screw up making this soup that badly. In hindsight, this soup was going to be the worst soup I’ve made in awhile in non-wilderness conditions… At the very least, I’ll make it edible. Thankfully, I have a willing helper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabi Bahkauv
    "... I'm pretty good... at shredding things... Want me to help...?"
    “I can handle bacon most of the time, but I think I'd be better at prepping those potatoes. Although if Gabi wants to take the potatoes, I can handle the bacon if you want.”
    If Gabi Bahkauv was confident in his ability to shred things, then I could leave him to cutting up the other vegetables while Elise starts on peeling the potatoes.

“Don’t worry Elise, I can handle the bacon. I’ll have Gabi start by cutting up the other vegetables first.”

I placed the leek, carrots, celery, and kale on a chopping board nearby Gabi Bahkauv. Then I grabbed the full and decently heavy bag of potatoes nearby Elise.

“I need you to start by peeling and cubing all of these potatoes. We’ll help you once we’re done with our respective tasks.”

I was confident to say Elise Pelltier would be the one doing the easily the longest part of the recipe and that she will still be peeling and those potatoes by the time Gabi Bahkauv and I were done. With everyone’s roles assigned, I started cooking the bacon. Which also meant I didn’t notice the mobile blanket fortress rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen the Mobile Blanket Fortress
    "I just noticed... we, without even meaning to, gathered here in the kitchen. Not only that, but we gathered here as a group of girls and only girls. Now then... it's stormy outside, we've no place to be right now, we're all bored outta our minds... so what say you we ditch plans like playing games or studying while Vier cooks, and instead focus on something important… Something much, much more important..."
    At Aleen’s conspirator whisper, I raised one of my eyebrows despite not bothering to turn away from the cooking bacon. Something tells me… I’m not going to like this…

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen the Mobile Blanket Fortress
    I wisely knew that the first person who revealed their interest or someone else revealed theirs, it would be over. So I acted like the bacon was the most important thing in the world and waited for the first fool to reveal their preferences.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille blinked, the words settling in, before she expressionlessly glanced off to the side.

She then gave Mercedes a glare that demonstrated the kind of selfishness the starlet wanted out of her—only directed at the wrong target. The crime, of course, was betrayal. It wasn’t the insult that bothered her, as the brief few moments she dwelled on it, it was sort of true and sort of wasn’t, so she let it slide. It was the distinctly new feeling of having a friend be very unhelpful towards your case that made her irritated, but now she had to cover it up with grace.

Grace was appearing unbothered about any attacks thrown your way, and if she was bearing the brunt of such words rather than Subaru, it was perfectly fine in her book. Still, for someone was rude as him… Perhaps it was time to switch tactics?

If reprimanding him wouldn’t work, surely something else would…

“If you say things like that, you’re never going to get a girlfriend,” Lucille said, acting like something shameful had just been uttered, swapping tactics to destroy the man’s pride. If he wanted to trade blows, she was far from the doormat people in Pinefall had thought she was initially. “I just think it’s more fun if we’re having a conversation together, and now that we are talking, someone’s enjoying herself.”

Perhaps, despite what she could claim about herself, Lucille Faraday was a tad petty.