Page 89 of 244 FirstFirst ... 39798487888990919499139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

"...!"

With a sharp intake of breath, Prushka freezes in her tracks as she hears the growling and feels the wrongness permeating the air. Her eye widens, her hands bunch up into fists, and her mouth forms a line as she sifts through countless thoughts and possibilities. When the sickly green dog - no, wolf - emerges from an open door, Prushka reflexively takes a step back and reaches out to Vivi for stability, shaking like a reed in the wind. Her mind blanks out. Unlike her taciturn companion, her anxiety is written clear as day in her expression.

Rachel? Mr. Halloway? The hotel staff? Where has everyone gone?

Why... why is something like that coming out of a room?

Had a nightmare really followed her out of that terrifying dream? Was she still dreaming, trapped in the belly of the beast that had devoured her whole?

Prushka hestitates, and that hesitation means she comes to a decision half a second slower than Vivienne.

"Vivi, step back-."

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne Bianchi
    "... Prushie, stay behind me..."
    "H-huh?"

She is bombarded by unexpected things from all sides. Had Vivienne been carrying that strange mask with her the whole time? Or rather - how could it hold such powerful feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne Bianchi
    "Persona of the Wild Parade : 百鬼夜行"
    Before her eyes, Vivienne Bianchi changes. Her voice, once empty, is filled with something. A chorus of voices to supply feeling where there is none. But that feeling, it doesn't belong to Vivienne Bianchi. Or rather, she is borrowing it. Could it be, that this... this is only possible because Vivienne is an empty 'vessel'-?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Vivienne Bianchi
    ""
    There is no time to ponder it, or the dog, or the dangerous-looking wolf, or even the ephemeral shapes that swirl around the Vivienne Bianchi and the role she is playing. No, now is the time for action and quick thoughts. Even though they had led her astray before, Prushka has no choice to rely on her instincts, and on the stranger that has stepped before her.

"Vivi... no, whatever you are... if you're capable of feeling it, t-try to avoid getting cocky. I'll check the window."

Prushka does as she's told and steps back. Vivienne can't be rash or sentimental enough to throw her own life away, so she will believe in that confidence, even if it's merely a pretense.

The small girl turns, and runs to the window from which the strange light is emanating. As an escape route it's near certain death, but maybe a glimpse outside will reveal a clue to what's going on-!

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru
    "If it is a camera you are looking for, I have seen Aleen King use one. You can find her in the second floor corridor. Perhaps you can coax it from her."
    “Uh, thanks, Subaru?” said Elise as Subaru walked by her, somewhat unnerved by the change in her demeanour, and her little dog too.

I didn't know that puppy could be so serious... thought Elise, Still adorable though.

Mercedes and Souma followed soon after, rejoining the group and passing on the results of their search of the dormitory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes
    "In, like, more realistic news, here's the rundown of who are missing: Colt and Inacio from the boys. From the girls, though, the list gets bigger. I mean, gawd... Anna Vandemeel. Adelaide Cheshire. Alex Terrot. Sakura and Ubon. That Vivienne chick, Ramia, Prushka and the little shitstain Xylia. And as for Lockhart, well... she's gone too. And her room is a mess. Somebody had broken, like, the lock and the window was smashed and the whole room destroyed. There was even this godawful smiley painted in... I guess blood... on the wall. No idea what the hell happened there."
    Elise shot another quick glance towards John.

Take a walk around the building, paying close attention to the windows... recalled Elise from a conversation the night before, Was Alexstrasza's broken window what you wanted me to see? Why couldn't you just tell me that directly? Just what happened to her last night? Who would even do such a thing to her?

One possible suspect popped into Elise's mind, but she quickly discarded the idea of preposterous.

"That's... that's a lot missing students..." said Elise, “I also saw Xylia during the evening too. She was in her room, and seemed rather upset about being disturbed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pyry
    "After we get the camera, let's see... I'll deal with the nails and the rod - meanwhile, Travis and Elise? Can you guys get Cesarina's body down and cover it? Subaru, you can help there too. Me and Hisa will go to the pool and get... get Colt out of there. Elaine, you should hop into a car and get to driving to the Sheriff's place. At the same time, keep an eye out fo anyone from the school. The diner, the bar, the hotel... whatever places you can think of. Souma, you can keep an eye out on the unknown girl's body with Kean and Hwan, help them out if needed. We need to find out where Mr. Oceandrop is... or, well, where any members of the faculty are. And John... I think Elaine could use help. Unless you wanna switch with Kean and take a look at the offices with Hwan. That or---"
    Pyry was quickly losing steam as he struggled with assigning tasks. Elise had a mental sigh of relief when Elaine jumped in a took charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    “The ladder is already here, and it’ll be the quickest to get done and out of the way so people can at least get something to eat. One hand at a time, then we’ll work the rod in the abdomen, making sure hands covered if possible, take the picture (unless you want one of her up there, of course,), and do some examination of the body.”
    “We should-” began Elise, sparing a quick glance towards Cesearina before looking away, “We should definitely get a picture of her up there first. I'm sure the police would want to see that.”

Although I do not envy the photographer.

“I'll go and see if I can find Aleen and get her camera,” said Elise, motioning back towards the dormitory, “Just wait for me to get back before moving anyone!”

With that, Elise darted back into the dormitory to find Aleen, grabbing her hoodie as she went.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Prushka & Vivienne Bianchi

------- What was revealed through the window was... disturbing, to say the least.

At the middle of the yard, slightly right to the parking lot and right on the path leading to the main doors, something had been struck to the ground. It shone with argent, silver light that resonated and rippled like waves into the surroundings, washing over the hotel and the surrounding area. Merely looking at the light made something sting and hurt at the back of Prusha's eyes, like the electrical signals in her head had been momentarily scrambled. Looking straight at the object was even harder, but despite the pain, the small girl was able to push through it. Perhaps... perhaps because her mind was so strong was the reason why she wasn't bothered more than this, and perhaps the reason was similar to Vivienne.

But what the thing was... was surreal.

There stood a silver spear right in the middle of the yard.

Spear that radiated numen around it like some sort of reactor of higher order - revealing it to be a magical catalyst or an artifact of the greatest caliber, even with a single glance. Not only that, but the ancient design and the noble bearing of the weapon buried in the ground with its tip at the bottom...

... Just what on earth was it?

"RRrrRRrrrrrrrrrrrRRRrrrr---!"

Unfortunately, there was no more time to look. While Prushka had been investigating and while Vivienne had taken her place between the smaller girl and the beast, the wolf had taken two steps forward, letting out a threatening growl... and stopped right at its tracks. A sharp whistle, elongated and playful, resonated in the air and the beast's ears perked up. It threw a small glance behind it, to the door where it had appeared from, and was then back at training its stare at the girls. But that whistle... it was no sound an animal would make.

It was a sound similar to what huntes used to order their hunting dogs around.

"Well well... isn't this quite the sight? And here I thought everybody was already safely passed out."

A rough voice took the place of the whistle.

"I wonder... would that make you the people I'm looking for?"

And what stepped out of that room, following after the dog... was yet another thing neither of the girls had expected.

Gleaming, verdant armor of unknown metal - yet clearly ancient in origin. Movement as lithe as a panther despite the equipment that he was carrying. A spear that bore the colors of rich and dark forests, easily carried in the hands of the person despite the fact that air itself seemed to scream and warble around that weapon, both girls realizing space itself was warping away from the blade of the lance. Rough stubble of a beard and unkempt hair that most likely had never been cut before in the person's life. A bestial grin adorning the face of the new arrival and a pair of eyes - a pair of bestial eyes that held no mercy within them, not even a little bit.

It was a man that was like a blotch of untamed wilderness in their field of vision - deep shades of emerald melting into sage.

A personification of untamed land that now stood before them, letting their armored boot fall upon the corridor floor and sending ripples across the air, the man standing next to their hunting hound.

But, no...

It was foolish to call this thing a man.

Just one look into those eyes and it was clear.

--------------- He was more of a primordial beast than the wolf next to him could ever hope to be.

"Aa~ah, just my typical luck. I come here to look for a couple of snoops, and they might turn out to be pretty little things such as yourselves," the man said with a disappointed, almost bored tone and shrugged his shoulders. "As if this day couldn't get any more upsetting... even if that old-fashioned black magic of yours is certainly worth to witness. Not many of your kind around these days. Ah well... more's the pity. Still..."

For a surprising moment, the man threw his head back in barking, crude laughter.

"Kahahaha~! Apologies, young ladies. Manners went out of the window for a moment there. So stop gawking at my side-arm and keep your peepers focused on what's the real deal," the man continued, piercing both Vivienne and Prushka with his glare. "I rarely take the time to introduce myself, but fo you two, I'll make an exception. I am..."

His smirk turned into a sneer.

"---------- Lobo - The King of the Currumpaw."

And at the same time, his grip on the spear he was carrying tightened a bit.

Electricity and tension crackled in the air like sparks.

And even the green hellhound quieted its gowl.

"Now then... who would you two young ladies be?" This man, this beast, this Lobo asked. "Depending on your answer... you might not leave here alive."

The situation grew from dangerous to lethal with the arrival of just one man.

New Being Met!

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

So Vier was like that…

Aleen, who looked like she’d never had a good night’s rest for a very long time, poured her heart into those words. Painfully honest words that Lucille understood, but was unable to truly respond to. She’d only seen the pair together in passing, not privy to their relationship. It was hard for her to truly say something one way or the other, but at the same time, she felt that she couldn’t let this situation be. After all, one could say Aleen was in the wrong as well.

As she said herself, whether it was right or wrong, telling a person you didn’t trust them only made the situation worse.

Lucille gave Aleen an understanding nod, brain racking for the right words to say. The heiress did not have the broadest of experiences, but she thought she had a firm grasp of Aleen’s feelings. Perhaps not the paranoia itself, but a certain symptom that arose from it.

“If you can’t trust anyone, it’s going to be lonely,” Lucille said, voice soft and gentle, unjudging. “And if you’re strong enough to bear that burden, then it’s fine.”

People were not made to be alone, Lucille thought. It eroded the spirit like nothing else. And she was certain she understood that heavy tax just as well as anyone could, even if the circumstances were different.

“But if you can’t… sometimes you need to make that leap of faith. Love your neighbor as yourself, you know? If you don’t trust anyone at all, they’ll pick up on it and not trust you, either,” Lucille continued, subjecting Aleen to her intense gaze. “And living like that, afraid of everyone else… Is that really living?”

If it were any other time, maybe that would have worked. It was mostly a tangent born from her own experiences. But the logic was much less sound when everyone was paranoid that everyone else could kill, so Lucille had to use a different reason to end this spiel.

“Well, obviously, in this situation, it’s really hard,” Lucille went on, before finally getting up and dusting her skirt off. “but Vier just told me that if I needed any help with Subaru, she’d help, because they’re friends.”

“And I think I might take her on that offer in a bit,” Lucille finished. “As far as I’m concerned, whether or not she’s the person you think she is, she’s looking out for her friends. And you’re her friend, aren’t you? Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.”

The smile she gave Aleen was like a schoolteacher gently reprimanding a student, not far off from one Sae Min had given her a few days prior.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get some stuff in my room so I can get back to Subaru.” With that, Lucille gave a slight, awkward wave goodbye, and started marching back into the dorms, her goal made evident. It wasn’t up to her to force Aleen. If she didn’t trust Vier, that was how it would be.

Still, Lucille, in all her optimism, believed that Vier was a good enough person to be trusted.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday & Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get some stuff in my room so I can get back to Subaru.”
    Heaving another heavy sigh, Aleen rose from where she had been sitting and stared after Lucille who was making her way back towards her room. The look in the bluehead's eyes hadn't changed, not that much, but she had taken the words said to her into consideration. Yet, at the same time, she didn't seem completely convinced by what her blonde classmate had said - that much was clear from the stiffness of her gaze.

And from the words she spoke after Lucille.

"But that's exactly the point, blondie..." Aleen muttered, more to herself than to Lucille. "... Vier's my best pal 'round here, and she's never completely trusted me. It gets exhausting. So if she doesn't trust her bestie... who or what does she trust? And how much of her 'help' is real... and how much of it's just lip-service?"

These last few sentences were audible to a third party that had arrived to the second floor not long ago. Elise Pelltier had jogged up the stairs, passing Vier Wolff who was leaning against the wall in the shadows. In the second floor, however, the brunette had found what she was looking for quite quickly. Aleen King, still dressed in those pajamas of hers, was standing near the dining room door. At the same time, sounds of quiet talking could be heard coming from the kitchen itself - Caleb Montjoy from the sounds of it.

However, that was probably not important right now.

After all, Elise had came to look for Aleen for a reason.

"Hmh? Elise?" Aleen spoke out, turning to look at the new arrival. "What's got you in a hurry?"

Even the brunette could tell with a single glance that the girl in front of her was not her usual, energetic and klutzy self.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

".*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*."

There is a hissing, like static, that assaults Prushka's senses. Tingling, tearing, twisting, it pierces into her brain and threatens to drown the whole world in cold, chaotic silver. She squeezes her eye shut and looks away from the aberration of a spear at the front of the hotel. The sensation sharply recedes, but not completely. The memory remains, as does a faint tingling in the back of her mind, reminding her that all is not well. In fact... had that feeling always been there, since the moment she woke up, so faint that she hadn't noticed until just now?

That train of thought, before it can progress further, comes to a halt by the sound of a sharp whistle.

"...ah."

She isn't sure why she's sighing. It's definitely not from relief. If anything, that sigh is more akin to the last strands of hope leaving her body, to be replaced by a solemn certainty.

She is going to die. That's what her body instinctively says, upon beholding the form of the man standing before her. A primitive, raw instinct awakens, communicating directly to the Prushka's brain stem that he is a predator and she and Vivienne are nothing more than prey. The wild has taken shape, and like her, it only pretends to be that of Man.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "---------- Lobo - The King of the Currumpaw."
    The name stirs up old memories. A book title, half-remembered, passed over for something more stimulating. A wolf, staring from the cover, spooking a younger Prushka and disturbing her dreams the following night. But this man is clearly no fairy tale, and he is most definitely capable of more than a bad dream.

Fear. Definitely fear. Prushka hasn't stopped being scared. She is very nearly at the same level of terror as in her dream. A terror that twists logic and causes madness, that leads to prey throwing themselves into the mouths of predators just to escape it. It had very nearly killed her then, and this time, she would not be saved by...

By...

Prushka blinks, then sighs again. She steps away from the window, rejoining Vivienne and turning her full attention to the avatar of death and the wild leveling his fang in their direction. She tries to speak and can't quite manage it, so she takes hold of Vivienne's hand for support and tries again.

"...Alright. I'll answer your question," she hears herself say, as if from a great distance away. Her voice sounds very tinny, and small. "Prushka. That's my name. Now, please answer one of mine, Mr. Currumpaw: that sidearm of yours, did you happen to plant it..." She screws her eyes shut, counts backwards, and opens them up again. "...nine minutes and thirteen seconds ago, to put everyone to sleep?"

It's a ridiculous, possibly irrelevant question. In fact, it might be described as foolish and suicidal. Yet, to a girl just beginning to dawn upon a realization possibly even more terrifying than the certain death staring her in the face, it is one that needs to be answered before this conversation can progress.

It is, quite literally, a matter of life and death... and also, perhaps, one of sleeping and waking.
    Last edited by Bloble; November 13th, 2019 at 12:25 AM.

Elise Pelltier

Elise caught the tail end of a conversation between Aleen and Lucille as she reached the second floor of the dormitory, where she found Aleen standing near the dining room door, looking rather subdued compared to normal.

Whatever that was about sounded like it was heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Hmh? Elise? What's got you in a hurry?"
    “Hey Aleen! How're you holding up?” asked Elise, “Uhm, we're looking at documenting what's outside before we move anything. Subaru mentioned that you had a camera, and we were wondering if we could borrow it? Maybe with a fresh roll of film if you've got one?”

You don't want to risk mixing this with better memories.

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters, Elise Pelltier, Hisa Momoi, John Dove, Vier Wolff & Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    “Hey Aleen! How're you holding up? Uhm, we're looking at documenting what's outside before we move anything. Subaru mentioned that you had a camera, and we were wondering if we could borrow it? Maybe with a fresh roll of film if you've got one?”
    "............"

Aleen looked down at her clothes, the spaceship-and-rockets pajamas that she was wearing... and an odd-sounding snort escaped from her nose. She then looked back at Elise and shrugged, a type of resigned look rising to her face. The situation had already become something that none of them had expected, everybody had reacted to it in a different way and now they finally needed to start to unravel this mess of red strings that threatened to strangle them all. And the first step to do so was...

"... Fine. Sure. I'll get the darn thing," Aleen said and pointed down the corridor, towards her room. "Just lemme switch out of these damn PJs. After that we can get the... documentation. Though, sorry, I'll let you guys handle snapping the pics. I'm not really good with... that sorta stuff. Hell, I'll try to stay inside."

And with that, the two of them were off, heading towards Aleen's room. The bluehead disappeared inside for a moment and during it, one could hear noises of clothes being changed (violently) and boxes and drawers being rummaged through hastily until, at last, a loud "A-ha!" resonated from inside, indicating that she had found what she was looking for. After about ten minutes, the other girl emerged from the inside, carrying a beaten-up camera and few rolls of film, shooting a dry grin towards Elaine.

"There we go. Now, let's get downstairs..."

And so, the operation finally got underway.

The two of them, Elise and Aleen, ran into Lucille on the way back from the second floor, and again into Vier in the staircase (though Aleen was doing her best to stare at her shoes when they passed the latter by). Back in the lobby, they met up with the rest of the group who had been anxiously waiting for their return. From there, the situation quickly turned as had been planned by Pyry and Elaine. Hwan and Kean took and headed towards the main building, saying they'd secure and watch over the unknown girl's body until people would get there with the camera. Afterwards they'd then get to working breaking into the headmaster's office and other places that might be be deemed necessary. At Pyry's insistence, Souma headed out with the two boys, chuckling to himself and muttering something about almost wanting to meet the person who had caused this much chaos at the school.

Meanwhile the camera was put to use, and Cesarina's corpse in the tree was photographed from as many angles as could be, and from far away and from close-by. It wasn't a job that anyone wanted to do personally, but it had to be done. Once the pictures were safely on the film roll, the ladder was set up next to the tree and Pyry climbed it up, with Travis and Elise settling beneath it. Before the confused and surprised eyes of his classmates, Pyry simply told the two others to get ready, and ripped out the nails that had been put through the dead girl's hands - one-by-one. His hands were gloved thanks to the thin rubber gloves that Souma had provided the group, so it took a while, but finally the left hand was free. Then, supporting the cadaver with his shoulders, Pyry freed the right hand, and finally... he grabbed a hold of the metal bar that had been driven through the girl and the tree.

The crunch the sharpened piece of metal made when the blonde athlete yanked it out, exerting almost no effort at all, was sickening.

While Pyry's job had already been hard to swallow enough, it was even worse for Travis and Elise who were waiting for below. Luckily for the brunette, the thug-like boy almost dove in front of her, taking the brunt of the falling corpse and getting his clothes smeared with blood at the same time. Through the red haze that enveloped the two of them, Elise spied a momentary, satisfied look from Travis's face - almost like the boy was glad she hadn't been hit with the body too heavily. Then it was time for the rest of the group to rush in, laying some of the heavier blankets on the ground while the two of them (along with Pyry once he got down) laid the body on top of them. Another set of pictures was taken before the non-white sheets were thrown on top of what remained of Cesarina, making her remains disappear completely from the view of everyone at the campus grounds.

------------ Now the only reminder of what they all had witnessed this morning were the bloodstains on the tree and on the ground.

Once that was done, it was time for the group to break up once more. While most of them stayed at near the dormitory (some of them preparing to head to town with Elaine, while some like Elise prepared their first aid supplies), some of them headed out. Aleen headed out towards the main building, intending to take the camera to boys so they could photograph the body of the unknown girl. Meanwhile Pyry and Hisa headed out towards the pool building, meaning to fish out Colt's corpse from the pool itself and see if they could find anything else. From her insistence, Mercedes (having replied: "Yeah. I just wanna, like... make sure." to Elaine) stuck with them and headed out as well.

And so the morning slowly turned towards noon...

Elaine Winters, Elise Pelltier, John Dove & Anna Vandemeel

The three who had stayed behind near the center of what happened were eventually treated to a strange sight, as Subaru Iburi and her hunting dog, Tonkori, slowly approached the veiled corpse of Cesarina Feroce. Without saying a word, Subaru raised the branch she had been carrying over the body and mumbled something that sounded like quiet prayers to the departed. At the same time the small Akita dog puppy sniffed at the sheets and the body beneath them with a determined look on his face, clearly doing what he had been ordered to do.

But while Subaru's actions, and the actions of her dog, were something to perhaps comment on (and most likely quickly, before Subaru started doing anything stranger)... out of nowhere there was something that caught the group's attention quicker and stronger than what was going on near them.

After all, from the direction of the forested hill near the school, a humanoid shape was approaching the school. A humanoid shape wearing a familiar red jacket, and with a vividly raven-colored hair.

---------- Anna Vandemeel had returned, though from a rather odd direction.

Where she had been, what she had been doing... those were questions that could perhaps be saved later. However, at least their list of missing students had grown one shorter.

A thought that didn't seem to warm Subaru's eyes as she stared at approaching Anna.

".......... Another suspect," the tiny girl muttered quietly.

Travis, on the other hand, cocked an eyebrow and folded his arms across his chest.

"Where the hell has she been...?" he asked, much louder.

Hisa Momoi

The silence was more than a bit awkward as Pyry and Hisa walked, side-by-side, towards the looming pool building where Travis and Hwan had - or so they claimed - found Colt's body. What made this walk even more awkward than, perhaps, going to find your dead friend's corpse was the fact that for some unfathomable reason Mercedes West had tagged along with the, even though the actress didn't seem to get along with Hisa in the slightest.

Hell, even now she occasionaly threw a dirty glance in her direction.

"Err... Mercedes? You sure about this" Pyry asked, repeating Elaine's question from before. "Others might use your help too..."

This seemed to direct the starlet's ire towards the lanky blonde instead, as she glared at him.

"Huh? Gotta problem with it?" she asked, her voice surprisingly venomous.

Quickly, Pyry shook his head... only to give Hisa a confused and lost glance.

----------- What exactly was going on here...?

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa Momoi
    ”Elise said that you met Colt and Inacio when they left. Do you know why they went to the pool?”
    John turns slowly, eyes seeking the inquisitive girl as if he could pierce through the veil of mind and see her innermost thoughts. Why did she ask that? Is this how it is going to begin? Is she looking for the excuse to point the accusatory finger in his direc—

Stop.

Again, he has to push it down consciously.

It doesn’t matter. None of this matters.

Yes, this is to all perspectives irrelevant. The lives and deaths of Cesarina Feroce and Colton Davin are none of his concern. He could dismiss this whole situation, go back to his room, and focus on the one thing that truly matters. Even if the same old scene repeats itself, even if everybody else at Pinefall turns against him, he only need to focus on the truth he glimpsed—

“You take care now, John!”

“She's not actually back yet. I may have gotten overzealous in my excitement, really.”

John Dove scratches his temple and sighs. Anybody looking at him would see something like a dejected expression, not unlike a disobedient child made to run a boring errand.

…fine. I’ll play your game this one time, world. Or should I say “Muse”?

In spite of his inner conflict, John remains aware enough of his surroundings. He notices Pyry faltering as he is placed in a role he most certainly does not know how to handle—John, naturally, does not judge. Not like he could do any better. Miss Iburi returns—but she comes as the “Child of Gods”, does she not? Tonkori’s grave mien suggests as much.

It takes some discussion, but something like a plan of action eventually comes into shape. John keeps to himself, staying close to Subaru Iburi and her hound whenever possible. He takes pictures and unfolds blankets when he must, his expression perpetually inexpressive. The time to face Souma and “Mercy”, and…other things, will have to wait. He also owes Hisa Momoi some degree of an answer in the near future.

Of course, somebody else shows up when it is over—is it, really? Will it ever be?

Anna Vandermeel is back. Safe and in one piece. That, at least, is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru Iburi
    “.......... Another suspect.”
    “Is she, really?” He muses aloud. “I am hard pressed to find a motive, but I guess we are about to find out. Has Tonkori found something, Miss Iburi?”

Miss Iburi is Miss Iburi. She is a person John Dove respects, but it is unlikely he will ever address her as “Your Holiness” like Souma does.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; November 12th, 2019 at 06:16 PM.

Elaine Winters

The blonde girl sighed, scratching at her cheek, it was a natural course of action for people in distress to conceal their exact motives for doing things. Especially when there is an uncomfortably high probability that the perpetrator was still lurking amongst them.

It did not make it any less annoying.

Removing Cesarina’s body from the Yew was a simple enough task, once everything was in place, perhaps Pyry was simply that strong, but he removed the nails without too much fuss, even the large rod was removed with a bit of muscling, Elise and Travis hurrying out to grab her before she hit the ground.

A dim haze of red, blood both fresh and old, scattered into the air, like a fine mist and there was a brief pause. Then we rushed out, sheets in hand, pausing only for the second photograph before sweeping the clean white sheets over her still form.

And like that, it was over, the sheet muffling the almost physical presence of the hung corpse, and there was an almost unconscious easing of pressure. It wasn’t perfect, blood still lingered on the tree and the ground, but it was somehow easier.

But while the body had been covered, the suspicion and anxiety it caused still lingered in the air, the flint-eyed Subaru still locked on to the body, the small dog that accompanied her sniffing dutifully, equally serious looking.

Elaine folded her arms, looking at the small girl and the smaller dog, a troubled expression on her face, then licked her lips and regarded the body.

She managed to scurry upstairs and grab a jacket during the commotion, a pair of boots as an accompaniment lying to the side.

Elaine tugged at her socks a bit uncomfortably, not used to such long ones, but she was in a rush, and they were sturdy enough to handle the steel-toes, so it’d have to do.

She stepped briskly into the boots, kneeling down to lace them up, speaking while doing so.

“Right, so, got my keys and I’m looking decent, Deputy might appreciate some insights before she moseys on down here, so-”

She tugged firmly on the end ties, stamping once, twice with each sturdy boot before nodding decisively, looking across at the covered body.

“I’ll, uh, give her a once-over, see if I can sniff anything out, though I’m pretty sure Tonkori got me beat on that front,” She smiled faintly, then shifted her eyes, movement attracting her gaze.

Red jacket, long dark hair, Elaine raised one brow at the sight of Anna Vandemeel, waving one hand idly, brows knitting together.

“Least she’s alright,” The girl murmured, “Out late looking for ghosts, maybe?”

She rolled up a few steps closer to the body where Subaru was waving the stick over the body, keen eyes peering at the rod speculatively.

"Gonna need to get in there in a bit," She said mildly, "But there's no rush, we all want the same thing."

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille Faraday watches as Cesarina’s body is taken down from its lofty position, eyes transfixed on the terrible sight, the drive to look away echoing in her mind, but unfollowed. It’s naturally the consequence of the guilt—she could have done something had she not let herself leisurely wallow in ignorance—but it does not change the twisting of her insides. If nothing else, she deserves this punishment for holding on to that idealistic dream for far longer than necessary. And when it is all over, she takes a moment to stop and watch where everyone is going, mulling over plans in her head, before making her decision, those thoughts unable to truly get that sight out of her mind.

She has more pressing matters to attend to, one of them being the quest to stop Subaru from committing a crime that could never be taken back. Of course, telling everyone that Subaru is going to kill someone and that she, Lucille, said that she’d help her is an exercise in getting all the suspicion in the world and then some. What equally does not help in this matter is the thick white coat she’s wearing and the large duffel bag slung around her shoulder, but she’d rather be safe than sorry in an emergency.

In the end, when everyone splits up, Lucille makes her way after Mercedes, if only because in the absence of Sakura, she figures that this is the only other person she’d trust. Then again, there was also Hwan Bin, but that was more business-like than anything else. She paid for what she got. That, and if anyone would truthfully tell her what had happened while she was upstairs, it would be Mercy. That was the strength of their friendship, wasn’t it?

So she awkwardly trails behind the trio as they make their way to the pool and Lucille is hardly surprised when Mercedes causes conflict by existing, because naturally, it is what she does. And just as naturally, Lucille pulls herself up to the group to mediate, because that is what she does.

“Mercy, it’s just a question,” Lucille says as she strides over, the duffel bag making noise as it slaps against her hip from the sudden change in pace. “There’s no reason to be belligerent… especially in a situation like this.”
    Last edited by Katie; November 13th, 2019 at 02:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

After I found my defensive corner, I decided the most optimal thing was to only track relevant information. Additional noises heard in background. Sounds indicate disagreement between non-important teenage male and teenage female. No sounds of physical altercation. No personnel moving towards upstairs at this time.

Movement coming from upstairs. Teenage footsteps. Lighter than typical teenager footsteps. Non-human footsteps. Hypothesis: Lucille Faraday, Subaru Iburi, and Tonkori. Footsteps not heading in direction of kitchen. Track new arrival. Partial Confirmation of hypothesis. Subaru Iburi and Tonkori walking downstairs. Note: Emotional state different from last appearance. Anger. Possibly in stage of grief due to loss. Help might be needed for different reason now.

Sound coming from above. Aleen and Lucille Faraday. No telltale noises of aggression. Subject of conversation… Unknown. Prepare for interception regardless. Combat readiness for scenario adequate.

Sound of footsteps approaching. Distraction? Combat readiness slightly affected if so. Source: Elise Pelltier. No sign of other personality. Potential risk. Possibility of murderer. No evidence. Illogical to stop for mere conjecture. Let pass. Footsteps go away from Kitchen area. Elise Pelltier’s footsteps head towards kitchen. Reason for approaching Aleen. Unsure. Monitor.

Calm, even noises of conversation. Too far away to determine subject matter. Two pairs of footsteps out of kitchen hallway. Slightly relocate to watch second floor hallway discreetly. Aleen not found in kitchen hallway. Elise Pelltier is standing outside of Aleen’s room. Presumably Aleen has gone into the room. Situation deemed safe enough. Move back down to post downstairs.

Sometime later, I heard three sets of footsteps approaching. Either Aleen, Lucille Faraday, and Elise Pelltier group or the Coastrise siblings. Latter is preferable… for reasons. Track upcoming arrivals regardless.

The second I saw the former group, I couldn’t keep myself wholly detached. I could feel a surge of negative emotions go through my body.
    No thanks to you.
    Aleen was walking downstairs.
    It's because you lost control.
    She isn't going to say anything to you.
    That's because you're an emotionless killer.
    She won’t even look in your general direction.

I wanted to say something… But the last time, I said something I made things worse. The best thing you can do for her right now is stay away from her and protect her from the shadows. So I didn’t follow them out. I stayed in my dark corner. After they passed, I finally leaned against a wall.

I stayed that way until I noticed that Aleen was moving away from everyone and towards the main building. For whatever reason, I don’t know. However, I’m not letting her go by herself. So I followed Aleen at a distance, preferably out of sight whenever possible.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

Having finished taking Cesarina’s body down, we finally managed to set out to the pool with Pyry, along with Mercedes - a most unwelcome guest, one could say.

I couldn’t tell what exactly she was up to, what she found while doing her little tour with Souma, or what she knew in general, but I was certain that it was nothing good for anyone but herself. Her presence also meant that I couldn’t freely investigate, and judging based on what happened earlier, that must have been part of her plan.

The walk to the pool was already awkward and tense enough, and it just became even more so once Mercedes opened her mouth - but as I was about to respond, someone else showed up.

Lucille, who was most likely following us from a bit of a distance decided to catch up to us to join the “conversation”, but...Not having talked to her too many times, I wasn’t sure what kind of person she was, but at the very least, it looked like she was friends with Mercedes. How much good that meant, I wasn’t sure…

Still, what I found even mysterious was her getup - the thick white coat and the huge duffel bag she carried made me give a questioning look to the girl.

“What exactly do you need that bag for here…?”

While observing the girl, though, I came to notice something else. Something that I only spotted out of my eye first, but as I turned my attention towards it, the picture become clearer. It was Vier, quite likely following Aleen from a distance, all the while trying to be sneaky…

Just...what exactly is she doing?

Is she trying to stalk that girl?

Is she aware how suspiciously she is behaving, and that literally everyone can see her?

No, I didn’t have time to go after her for now, I had to check Colt’s body, but…

Cupping my hands over my mouth, I took a big breath, then…

“Hey, Vier!” I yelled clearly, and somewhat loudly, so that both Aleen and Vier - and practically anyone else left around the place - would hear it, and then I raised my hand to wave at the girl.

Not that I thought any further than this, but whatever the girl would do now, I hoped that at least this would prevent her from doing something she would regret later.

Pretending as if nothing really happened, I cleared my throat, and turned my attention back to the blonde duo.

“Yeah, Mercy,” I remarked snarkily, “it’s just a question. If you are so much against talking with us, then why did you even come along?”

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "... Fine. Sure. I'll get the darn thing. Just lemme switch out of these damn PJs. After that we can get the... documentation. Though, sorry, I'll let you guys handle snapping the pics. I'm not really good with... that sorta stuff. Hell, I'll try to stay inside.
    “Thanks, Aleen! It's much appreciated,” said Elise, “Yeah, trust me, you don't want to see what happened out there. It's- it's pretty bad.”

Elise followed Aleen back towards their rooms. Aleen dispeared inside, leaving Elise standing awkwardly out in the hallway for a few minutes. She glanced around the hallway as Aleen changed and got her camera. She quickly darted over to her own room, leaving her hoodie hanging from the doorknob, before heading back to Aleen's room, still with a few minutes to spare before she emerged with camera and extra rolls of film in hand. Together, they left the second floor, heading back towards the lobby to rejoin the others. Passing Vier on the staircase, Elise looked over towards her where Aleen very much did not.

Elise Pelltier

Removing Cesarina from the tree had been an ordeal, but it was done. Getting covered in blood and gore had not been a pleasant experience, and she grudgingly admitted to herself that she appreciated Travis' effort to block the worst of it. She and Travis had ensured that Cesarina came down safely, while Pyry made disturbingly quick work of the nails and rod. Cesarina now lay nearby, safely hidden under the bedsheets they'd procured from the dormitory earlier.

After the other groups had left to the pool building and Mr. Oceandrop's office, Elise idly wandered around the tree that they'd so recently removed Cesarina from, pausing briefly to inspect where the nails and rod had been driven into it. She spared the odd glance over towards Subaru as she preformed her ritual over Cesarina's body, but otherwise gave her a wide berth and stayed focus on the tree until Travis spoke up.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis
    "Where the hell has she been...?"
    Elise looked up and away from the tree, spotting Anna Vandemeel as she returned to campus.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Is she, really? I am hard pressed to find a motive, but I guess we are about to find out. Has Tonkori found something, Miss Iburi?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    “Least she’s alright. Out late looking for ghosts, maybe?”
    “Yeah, I'm just glad Anna's alright. Too many of our classmates are still missing, or-”

Elise stammered as she glanced at Cesaerina's shrouded body.

“-or worse.”

Elise considered her current state after helping to bring down Cesarina, Travis' considerably worse state, Subaru, and wondered what Anna would make of this scene.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa Momoi
    “Hey, Vier!”
    Someone gave me away… How? I took note of my current location… Barely hidden from most viewers. From my current location and how I was acting, I have to admit that I gave myself away. Why?

Simple, you didn’t think about what you were doing. You just automatically went to do the first thought without thinking about the consequences. You’re a logical thinker and the second you do something impulsively. It always fails in some way. What happened four years ago being a good example.

You need to calm down. Take a step back. Think it out. First step. Stop doing whatever you’re doing. Force yourself to think. Your current attempts at detaching self is causing a self-destructive repression of emotions instead. If you need to need to force the calmness through different means.

I quit doing my sad attempt at stealth and waved back at Hisa Momoi. Her callout to me was a needed splash of cold water. Because in hindsight, doing this won’t help me defend Aleen or fix this relationship.

Next quit being reactive for the main issue. You could always wait for the murderer to appear, but trying to defend Aleen secretly isn’t going to work out. I was never that great at defending in the first place, but doing it secretly on top of that… This was going to end in disaster even assuming I could keep myself emotionally focused enough around her.

Attacking on the other hand… Was something I was very used to and would be easier to deal with. First, I need a lead... Subaru Iburi and Tonkori were in the process of investigating Cesarina Feroce’s body. That should do just fine. They seem motivated to go find the killer… A little too motivated, but it’ll suit my purposes nicely. Saves me from doing the groundwork for one body. Aleen was heading towards the mysterious one. Hisa’s group will handle the last remaining one.

I thought about heading into town for scouting safe places and additional equipment… But that can be done later. For now, I need to find someone to point me at the enemy and the best person to do that for me right now is Subaru Iburi and Tonkori.

“Subaru mind if I join you? If I end up slowing you down, you can leave me.”

Blog Entries

Hisa Momoi & Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Mercy, it’s just a question. There’s no reason to be belligerent… especially in a situation like this.”
    Mercedes let out a noise that somewhere between a sigh and a groan and rubbed her temples in frustration. While she had actually showed a momentary expression that was rather closeto being glad when Lucille joined them, it was soon replaced by tired annoyance when it turned out she had no ally (at least regading this) in the blonde. Thus, when she threw open the double glass doors leading into the pool building, Mercedes answered somewhat snappily at her friend.

"Like, what does it matter if I come along?" Mercedes shot back. "Gawd, give it a rest. If you keep harping about it it's only, like, gonna make you look suspicious..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Yeah, Mercy, it’s just a question. If you are so much against talking with us, then why did you even come along?”
    Mercedes's head snapped straight towards Hisa and she leveled a stare at her that would have made hell itself freeze over. There was no love lost between the two girls, but something in what the scarred girl had said had gotten a bigger reaction than before. And that reason came to light surprisingly quickly while the group walked down the dimly lit corridors of the pool building.

"First of all," Mercedes spoke, her tone absolutely loathing. "You don't, like, get to call me that. Second, just because I don't, like, talk to you bozos doesn't mean I don't have a reason to be here. Seriously, Jesus..."

Mercedes still grumbled under her breath as the group finally arrived to their destination... though the sight that awaited them made even her fall silent.

------------ The cerulean waters of the pool were tainted by clouds of faint red.

The signs of struggle before their eyes were clear. First of all, right there on the door, there were large, dark red stains and handprints all over the area. And there, on the other side of the pool itself, were few large splashes of blood against the tiles - wide arcs and sprouting patterns caused by violent bleeding. Not far away from those marks themselves was the likely cause and reason for all these savage markings across the area that had been a location for so much fun during the first week, to so many students.

Colt Davin... suspended in the waters of the swimming pool, his back towards the ceiling.

Whatever had happened to the boy, it had been violent and it had been sudden - that much was clear. On his back there was a huge wound, gouged with something sharp and long no doubt. Same sort of wound could be seen on his right leg, and both of them had bled profusedly during the night no doubt. The waters around the boy's corpse had been dyed crimson, like some sort of gruesome clouds that hung about him now that he had passed on. On the other hand, when viewed from afar, it almost made it look like Colt was sleeping at the center of a blooming flower of pure vermillion. But that sleep of his was the eternal kind and the flower around him was one laid on his grave. Because, even if those gouging wounds were not fatal, the rest... certainly were.

Clear bullet holes... eleven in total. Most of them had riddled his torso, grouped around the center of his chest, while few stray hits had hit his head. And there they had done most of their damage. A part of his face was more or less missing, having been blasted away by a violent, close-range shot, and now his empty stare was only half of what it should have been. Flesh, muscles and bone exposed, it made the boy's death a very gruesome sight... but after Cesarina's fate, everyone felt more or less numb to the sight.

Though, just one look at Pyry's face revealed the anger he was fighting against, now that he saw his friend's corpse. His fists were clenched together, and he barely held back a snarl - those teeth of his grinding together as he tried to calm down.

"..............."

But perhaps the most curious reaction in the group came from Mercedes.

The starlet, without saying a word, walked forward. She rounded the pool, making her way to the edge which was closest to Colt's body. An emotionless expression on her face, the actress squatted down besides the floating body, her eyes trained at it. A deep, mysterious stare that nobody could really make out... and an expression that - just for a split second - flickered into something melancholic and forlorn. Then, letting out a deep, deep sight, Mercedes closed her eyes and shook her head.

In the absolute silence of the pool building, she opened her mouth...

"... Just what the hell did you get involved in, dummy...?"

And whispered something truly unlike her under her breath.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Chk, chk, chk.

The dreamcatcher rustled rhythmically, as it hung loosely from the shoulder strap of Anna’s dark duffle bag. The dorm itself loomed ever larger as her steps took her closer and closer towards the building. While Anna would have never called it home, the building itself at least had always had an amicable aura about it. Now, however, the atmosphere could only be described as oppressive.

One could almost cleave the tension in the air with a knife.

It was the people she caught sight of first. Winters, Gagnon, Dove, Pelltier - these were the ones she could spot the easiest. Wolff was a bit off from the rest of the group, her face set in her usual unassuming, almost robotic, expression. Iburi was a bit further off, locked in what seemed to be a burial prayer, while her auburn hound was sniffing at the bundle of sheets at her feet.

Though the glint of fervent madness flickering in those violet eyes hers did not bode well for the future.

Anna’s eyes sheet from the Japanese girl to the bundle of sheets at her feet. The corpse, no doubt. Extremely mangled, judging from the outline of the shape underneath. Either that or missing large chunks of her body. Both perhaps. A nearby tree looked as if it had been bathed in blood, bloodstains coating its dark surface. One could still make out the holes in the trunk, almost giving the impression as if it was the tree that had been bleeding deep crimson.

Perhaps that would have been a far kinder tale compared to the reality that was staring her right in the face.

For a brief moment, a number conflicting emotions flickered in Anna’s ruby eyes.

Sadness. Resignation. Melancholy.

And so our dream comes to an end, as they always do. In a sea of blood. None of us can return now.

“So...”

Anna's head lowered for a moment, her hands shuffling through the pockets of her jacket in an almost habitual manner. A moment later, the steel case flickered between her fingers, before opening with a loud click. The way toothpick rolled around in the corner of her mouth felt exactly as it always did, but… not even that insufferable, almost overwhelming, taste of pine could wash away what she was feeling right now, deep inside.

As always, the only path is forward.

When Anna raised her eyes once more, any trace of sadness was wiped from them, replaced by a steely, almost calculating, gaze. But deep in the depths of those red eyes of hers, one could make out cold fury shimmering just beneath the surface.

Almost as if flickering coals, ready to burst aflame at a moment's notice.

“...can anyone fill me in on what the fuck has actually happened here?”
    Last edited by Mellon; November 14th, 2019 at 03:48 PM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

'Vivienne' remained silent as the king made his presence known. He rambled off, and explained his presence, as well as hinting towards why Rachel or no one had come to check up on Prushka's scream -- it was most likely that this 'sidearm' of his was the one responsible for this foggy state of the hotel; said fog had also most likely knocked out the hotel's staff, putting them to sleep. It wasn't an unusual method to 'deal with trouble' in plain sight. Most people who were aware of the Turnside would tighten their guard at night, rathre than in the morning... striking at foes during broad daylight was thus a rather effective strategy at catching people off guard. Perhaps Vivienne Bianchi knew a few things about these matters... but wherever it be her or the 'mask' that was in command, she merely nodded to herself after a moment, and replied:

"Oh, it was not a lonely dog, but a hunter's hound... and now the hunter himself makes an entrance, I see! Truly for you to exert such presence by strengthening the grip around your spear, Indeed... you are no different from Great Youkai of old, a genuine article truly! Ah, how enviable it is, to meet something like you while 'we' are nothing more than a fabrication... hehe... but whatever... who 'we' were you say?"

'Vivienne' made a gesture, and the spirits that had merged into her all poked their heads out of Vivienne as if to look at the king. They were still in ephemeral form, and perhaps that is the only form they could take. Each paid their respects to the king in their own way as the masked girl continued:

"Illusive Spirits of the East. Enenra, Tengu, Kitsune, Oni, we are many blended into one, and here we are, speaking as a voice for this empty girl that wears us... Ayane, the silent, empty girl who -- "

An abrupt cut to her sentence, 'Vivienne's' speech was cut as she suddenly lifted her mask. She did not discard it, it was still there, ready to be flipped down once more and worn if the need arise, but as if clearly recognizing how the mask's mannerisms weren't too conductive to a very productive conversation, Vivienne reverted to her usual self to continue the conversation with King Currumpaw.

She did make sure this time to curtsy herself, something the mask had not done so at all.

"... we are students from Pinefall High... came here to meet up with friends and see Owl's Nest Library."
    Last edited by Ayakashi; November 14th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

“It’s just to carry around supplies,” Lucille says, rather calm about the suspicion. A bag like hers would naturally warrant a few questions, but there wasn’t anything to hide. “I can open it up if you’d like, but there’s just band-aids. I was planning to go into town later and get some more stuff.”

Before she can actually perform the deed of opening the bag, Hisa and Mercedes get into a spat, and Lucille is unsure of what to do. It’s true that Mercedes had a terrible personality, but moving to provoke her was also the kind of act that warranted its own punishment. Poking sleeping—well, extremely agitated—lions was not really something Lucille felt she could defend in good conscience.

It’s at this point Lucille realizes hasn’t asked as to what everyone was here for, but she figures the virtue of patience will lead her to the answer. It is probably something about the pool, of course, so she’d figure out why any second no—

—!

The sight makes her freeze, a chill running down her spine. If Cesarina’s death was done in some twisted sense of mockery, then Colt’s death was exemplary of sheer brutality. Her eyes scan over the wounds, but ultimately no matter how much she tries to redirect her gaze, it ultimately ends up back at the huge gash on his back. It’s not the same, she knows, but her mind cannot help but make the comparison nevertheless.

For a moment the body Lucille sees isn’t Colt’s at all and it is accompanied by a shortness of breath that feels downright shameful, the empty sensation in her lungs intermingling with the pervasive weight in her heart threatening to crush both air and spirit out of her.

“It’s not the same,” she chokes out, trying to remind herself, but her brain does not cooperate. If she was there, she could have done something, she absolutely, certainly knows, and her inability to notice that Colt had gotten himself into trouble led to this. Negligence has always been her personal failing and this was no different. She had let herself grow complacent and someone else had suffered for it.

She blinks, there is Colt, there is finally a regularity to her breathing, and she moves.

Mechanically, Lucille dumps the bag next to the wall and sheds her coat, falling next to the bag with a muffled sound. Her steps lead to her right next to Mercedes, but only because this is the poolside edge closest to Colt Davin.

“We’re getting his body out, right?”

These obvious words leave Lucille’s lips, because what else can they do, but the intent was clear. There’s an impatient energy to her movements, the way her eyes quickly scan the surroundings, the way one trembling hand clutches another tightly. She’d jump into those bloodied waters herself and fish Colt’s body out if that was the only way they could do it, but this was her restraining that impulsive urge, waiting for a better idea.

Blog Entries
    Prushka & Vivienne Bianchi

The man known as Lobo snorted and hung his head for a moment, muttering something in a strange language under his breath.

"M-Mister Currumpaw..." he said, sounding almost like he had been sucker-punched for a moment there. "... Listen now, little lady, you're making me feel old here. Just Lobo is fine, I ain't got a knack for formality in any case."

Shaking his head and letting out a wry chuckle, the man then set his spear (which he had been holding more or less ready now) upwards, having the weapon lean against his shoulder. At the same time, he let his bestial eyes wander from Prushka to Vivienne, stopping by the mask that that still adorned the girl's face. A few seconds of staring, and that same slightly annoying grin spread to his face once more. Then his eyes took note of both of them again.

Meanwhile, the hunting dog next to Lobo sat down, keeping its head squarely pointed at the duo.

"But, I see. Prushka and Ayane. Lovely names for lovely dames," Lobo continued. "Now, I can't say I properly know what a youkai is, but I did tangle with an oni once... was a lot of fun - a good scrap that I enjoyed. And judging how your mask name-dropped all sorts of beasts like that, I'm willing to bet that you... nay, both of you are up to your eyes in Turnside. Ah... a shame. I'm beginning to feel my hunch has been more and more correct. But, eh, let's make sure now..."

Lobo's eyes narrowed slightly, becoming as sharp as the tip of his spear.

"... this friend you wanted to meet up. Was she the girl who was snooping about town for the whole week?" Lobo asked, a dangerous tension and undercurrent in his otherwise carefree, if rough, voice. "Or was she the guy who that same person met up in the woods behind the hotel? Think carefully now..."

Then, as if remembering something, Lobo's eyes widened back to their normal look, and his posture relaxed a bit. He looked solely at Prushka, and a slight confusion marred his cocky expression.

"--- Oh. Right. My sidearm? Yeah... I suppose I did strike it to the ground around ten minutes or so."

He tilted his head a little... and his hunting dog mimicked that gesture.

"How so?"