Page 71 of 244 FirstFirst ... 21616669707172737681121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)
    Weather: Overcast

I was going to respond to the bartender. To thank her for her words, even though it didn’t feel like things were that simple at all, no matter how I looked at it. I don’t want to make mistakes - I can’t afford them. So many years behind me during which I didn’t even have the chance to try...Now I just want to make the most out of it, to be happy---

But before I could get to the end of my thoughts, or open my mouth to say the words, I got distracted by the sudden, loud music coming out of the jukebox.

And then, even more to my surprise, Carrie started singing...And something from a few days ago felt to click in my mind. The thing Inacio mentioned about a famous singer visiting the town, possibly performing in this very bar…

But could that be the case? She did say that she was here on...A work leave, or however she phrased it, and even a popular singer could just be a drunkard who enjoys collecting strange tales in their free time…

Still, for the time being I just listened to her…’performance’, with arms crossed and a somewhat complicated expression - something between embarrassment and amusement - until the song was eventually over.

“You...Don’t happen to be some sort of a famous singer, do you? What was the name...Err, Carmen Rivers?”

Thinking about it, it would be pretty obvious.

“An interesting play on names, if you ask me.”

Almost like she wanted people to find out, though.

“Not that it matters, I just heard about it from someone...I know so little about music...Or well, society in general, your name carries not much of a meaning for me.”

“Needless to say, even if that was the case, I wouldn’t tell anyone.” I added quickly, realizing that this might actually be a rather...uncomfortable topic for her, “You mentioned that you are here on a break, wouldn’t want to ruin that for you.”

Now, on the other hand...Does Billie know about this, or...

Elaine Winters

The blonde girl rolled her eyes, "You're really stuck on this 30 year old spinster thing, aren't you? Can't help that I've got high standards on anything past aesthetics."

While she said this, she obligingly plucked one of the bags from the rat's nest her pocket had become and gave it to the beggar, resting her hand on her hip afterward.

She watched him cross along the room merrily, a glint in her green eyes, "Yeah, whatever, get over here you big romantic, before I punch you."

Kean had a sharp tongue, and always had, but he was a sweetheart, and she wouldn't deny that a little notch in her neck eased with him at her back.

He wasn't the only snippy sweetheart around, either, Elaine thought to herself while her eyes lingered on the rough-looking Canadian, meeting his gaze with a bob of her eyebrows and nothing else.

She knew his type pretty well, at least from what she's gotten.

"Alright, now that I've gotten a babysitter's babysitter," She said sarcastically, "Time to go call the police, smell ya later."

She swiveled about lazily and made her way out the door at a rough amble, giving a brief pat to her tiny companion as she did so.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Phase: Morning
    Date: 10.09.1994

"And well, while I'm just here for the hell of it, I think Anna would appreciate some help with the library. From what I hear it's a bit of a chaos down there."
    “Just being shown where it is is more than enough, really.” Anna’s shoulders moved slightly in a casual shrug. “Most libraries I’ve been to have been something of a mess one way or another, so I have some experience in digging through unorganized books.”

"Want one?"
    As hopeless as ever, I see.

The Estonian girl gave a wry shake of her head as the rose-haired boy split the piece of chocolate cake in half and offered her the other half. The gesture, in his mind at least, was probably completely innocent and not really laced with any kind of innuendo, but the implications of doing this in the current company… At this point, Anna wasn’t sure he would ever learn, no matter how many times she explained it to him.

“No thanks. I’m not really in the mood for any more sweets.” Anna gave a lazy wave. “Feel free to finish it all.”

"These here a the keys to the basement, as well as the one to the storage room there. That one should also open up the cleaning closet. I think you should find everything you need there, though only the vacuum cleaner is needed toda--- Oh? Friends of yours?"
    Anna’s ruby eyes flickered over to the red-haired girl who had just entered the lobby from the other side of the counter, with a small keyring dangling from her fingers. Judging from her words and demeanor, she seemed to be instructing Wolff or was at least her supervisor in some respects. She seemed to be around their age as well, so she was probably…

“We’re her classmates from Pinefall. I’m Anna, and that guy over there about to stuff his face with chocolate cake while angsting about his calorie intake is Caleb.”

"And we are here... well I'm here to check out the library, at least."

“You’re….” Anna’s eyes closed briefly as she attempted to exactly remember what she had been told a couple of days ago. “...Rachel, right? The niece of the owner of this place? Zane happened to mention you when I ran into him a couple of days ago.”

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“ID, ID…”

A reasonable, or rather, a proper request. It would have been a bad sign had the German woman not shown some concern with the identity of her two potential customers. Truth be told, it was already questionable how she had yet to say anything about their apparent ages. Adelaide might be a looker who could perhaps pass for a timeless doll, something that had sat behind glass and never aged a minute, as if to spite the ever moving hands of the clock. But not him.

It took no detective's eye to see that he was a minor.

Colt shot a hand down his back right pocket, then into his left. Pulling out his wallet he unfolded it and pulled out his driver’s license. On it was printed his full, legal name. Quite a mouthful.

Colt offered the license to the woman.

“Davin’s what I go by.”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff & Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Montjoy
    "Oh? Feeling down? Well, I guess yesterday was... pretty eventful.
    Eventful was one way to place it. After all, it isn’t too often someone runs off out into the rain and then returns within a few minutes with someone giving a serious glare. Then Elaine starts to indirectly questioning the two on how something might hurt someone even if we were safe there. Then the jukebox did something... abnormal. Even the the local drunkard and folklorist started talking about the town's bogeyman in a very dramatic way. The only thing that was normal yesterday was my forced mood change with karaoke.

"Though I suppose she has been rather all over the place emotionally. At least during her time here. Not that I have anything against Aleen. She simply appears to have... hard time controlling herself. It's good that she has friends like you."
    Yesterday did bother me more than I would like to admit because Aleen doesn't normally act like that. She's normally cheerful, angry, surprised, or even embarrassed. Very open and extremely extroverted. Yesterday, afternoon at first was very much the opposite. The trepidation at meeting Billie Boulders was understandable. However, after that... She was very withdrawn. Quietly confused at the appearance of Carrie Lakes. It just wasn't normal for what I knew of Aleen. If there was a consolation prize, I could tell that Caleb Montjoy wasn't going to roughly break Aleen's heart at this. While it certainly won't be a fun experience for her, at least it'll be a "normal" experience like what would happen in society.

"Yeah, she was feeling a little down for some yesterday. Normally, she's a bit more energetic and sociable."

"Work...? Oh, you mean a part-time job. That's... rather industrious of you, Wolff. It's only our first weekend here and already you're working instead of having fun.
    “Industrious? More like I just need more money. Moving here to Pinefall has practically made me broke.” I gave a sigh at that. “Well... If I just relied on the school I could get by, but I wouldn’t be able to do much in the year.”

Apparently he thought that getting a job wouldn’t be a bad idea if his look at Anna Vandemeel said anything. Granted, I don’t think that many people are in the same financial situation as me. I can imagine that the school would encourage us to pick up part time jobs in order to better acclimate to society… Assuming that is our school’s goal at least. There’s too much going on for it to be a coincidence for this town and school…

And well, while I'm just here for the hell of it, I think Anna would appreciate some help with the library. From what I hear it's a bit of a chaos down there."
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Vandemeel
    “Just being shown where it is is more than enough, really. Most libraries I’ve been to have been something of a mess one way or another, so I have some experience in digging through unorganized books.”
    To some surprise, Anna decided to join into the conversation. I thought she was more than happy to follow Caleb’s lead and keep quiet.

“Well chaos is placing it a bit lightly since there isn’t any haphazard organization or semblance to order. Aside from showing the library, I was just going to show you how to check out books.”

To be honest, there isn’t much I could do to help them other than that, but maybe I could fix that as part of my cleaning duties every now and then.

"Err, sure. I won't say no to a chocolate cake. Though I have to watch my calorie intake. Already had an ice-cream after all. If I keep this up I'll just balloon up eventually, and then it gets difficult getting around the town..."
    Looks like we will all be waiting for Rachel Halloway to show up. Thankfully, it only took a minute or two before she reappeared. Caleb Montjoy deciding to share the cake slice with Anna. However, she turned it down for some reason. She truly is missing out on a nice piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Halloway
    "There we go. These here a the keys to the basement, as well as the one to the storage room there. That one should also open up the cleaning closet. I think you should find everything you need there, though only the vacuum cleaner is needed toda--- Oh? Friends of yours?"
    I raise an eyebrow on getting some of the keys so early, even if it was only the relevant area.

“I thought I was only getting only getting keys if I gained your trust… However, I guess this does make it easier for me to do my job.” I thought for a moment about how to introduce Anna Vandemeel and Caleb Montjoy, but thankfully I didn’t had to because Anna Vandemeel chose to speak up.

We’re her classmates from Pinefall. I’m Anna, and that guy over there about to stuff his face with chocolate cake while angsting about his calorie intake is Caleb.

And we are here... well I'm here to check out the library, at least.
    “And I just offered to show them the library and how to check out books since they showed up.”

“You’re… Rachel, right? The niece of the owner of this place? Zane happened to mention you when I ran into him a couple of days ago.”
    Zane… As in Zane Mitchell the guy Rachel mentioned. If that’s the case, then Anna Vandemeel must be his friend that brightened up his day recently like I suspected. If that’s the case, then why is Anna here instead of going to meet Zane? Most probably is that the meeting is to take place in the afternoon and Zane is doing some last minute clean-up and prep before the event then.

Elise Pelltier

It took a moment to kick in, but the heat from the tuna chili juice was rather sharp, leaving Elise with a rather uncomfortable burning sensation in her mouth.

Oh no. I didn't think it'd be this hot. The tuna juice deceived me with the first taste, and has led me to this doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Briggs
    "She's pretty good at talking, that Miss Min. Considering what she's teaching you guys now it might be hard to believe, but she's apparently pretty famous in the scientific world, especially in the field of psychology. That's what I heard from Miss Costa, anyways."
    Elise looked over at Miss Min at Jake's mention of her.

"Oh, wow!" whispered Elise back to Jake, "No wonder she's our vice-principal. I'm surprised that she's just teaching us math... I mean, someone has to teach math, but..."

The Oceandrop Program really did attract some top end talent, so it's no surprise that the vice-principal would be too... She's smart, and in a position of authority... I wonder how much she knows about what this is all about? She must... there's no way you could keep your vice-principal in the dark, especially someone like Miss Min if she's as accomplished as Jake implies...

Sae Min replied to John's question about her office hours. Elise made note of them.

Hm... with a background in psychology, she might be the one to ask about the origins of the Oceandrop Program... Maybe I can lay this whole Miskatonic thing to rest...

"And, err... is that coffee alright? It looks like it's drowning in cream and sugar..."
    Elise looked back down at her coffee. It was rather pallid. It was not healthy coffee. On the other hand, however, the vast quantities of cream within it might provide some relief from the heat of the chilies in the tuna chili juice, terrible flavour combinations be damned.

Elise took a swig, hoping for relief from the heat from the chilies. While there was some reprieve from the heat, it only made the aftertaste in her mouth worse.

"Yehk," retched Elise, "No... no it's not..."

"So how's your day been so far, Jake?" asked Elise as she turned back to Jake, "Seems like a strange turn of events this morning, getting three more students and all. That puts us at what now, thirty-three, I think?"

Wait. Did I include Elizaveta in that tally?

"It must feel like it's bustling compared to when you were here."

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Dormitory—Common Room
    Morning Phase
    Overcast

There is no response from Miss Lockhart. However, her words did not seem a rhetorical question. While it is a little bothersome to see the girl’s reluctance to eat her meal, he is not in the habit of making people do things, just like he would not be pleased if others tried to force him to do unnecessary things. If she really wants him to take a look at that cypher or whatever, she can find him with little effort.

Well attuned to noticing when his company is not desired, John leaves Alexstrasza to his thoughts, moving back to his original seat while assenting to Sae Min in acknowledgement of her answer.

“I was ignored. ‘Tis a sad day,” he murmurs in mock disappointment. The only person who could hear it is the neighboring Sakura, perhaps the only person in this crowd with whom he is comfortable sharing such a “joke”.

The dining scene has settled into a comfortable quiet. Jake mutters something solely for Elise Marie’s ears. Should John infer some degree of familiarity with each other? Elise had some valuable information she shared on the way back from Miss Popplewell’s store last Thursday—should he take this as confirmation that Elise Marie interviewed Jake Briggs before he did?

Inquisitive girl, the lady Pelltier.

“May I assume then, that the matter of the siblings’ registration and housing has been resolved, Miss Min?” The smiling John—a carefully constructed portrayal—finally asks, directly addressing the elder in the room. “I ask because, well, following Colton Davin’s dereliction of duty, I’m the sole remaining bellboy. I’ll need to know where to take the luggage.”

After a brief chuckle, John takes to what remains of his meal with uncharacteristic gusto—weekend gusto, perhaps. Sakura’s food is pleasing to the taste buds, as he has already voiced several times, so perhaps it is not much of a surprise by this point. Truly, fine cooks have a terrifying power over people.

Yes, he should be content with the necessary sustenance and nothing else. Indulging is wasteful. Sakura Tsukioka is to blame for the mere thought of wishing for more.

“I wish I could ask for seconds, but that would be more privilege than I deserve.”

And the weekend. John Dove would certainly not say such a thing on a weekday.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Morning Phase
    Overcast

I smile.

"My apologies, Mister Dove. I do hope you do not feel ignored, so much as momentarily belayed. After all, ciphers are a far heartier meal then breakfast, are they not? More fascinating then even the heavens at times."

It's hard, to unlearn known habits. To forget things you've been taught since childhood, and remember those you were taught when you were old enough to understand. Subaru Ibari is not the man whose household raised me. They are two entirely different people, and it is not as if she has any idea who he could possibly be. But here I still remain, the same after so many years.

Breathe.

Smile.

Let go.

This is a different scenario, a different outcome. I gently nudge my plate away towards the edge of my table. My head begins leaning against my hand as I glance downwards at the book before me, my fingers idly tapping the cover. "It's quite alright if you desire seconds, Mister Dove. I have no need for firsts, after all. I'll eat later, if at all."

I do not eat often. It simply not something I enjoy doing; the act of 'eating', is, in and of itself, something I do out of 'necessity' and 'desire' rather then need. I am simply not a very hungry person. My thirst easily quenched, my stomach easily filled. Perhaps it is the overeating I did in my youth, or perhaps it is something all together different entirely. I would rather be sated by the faint hint of smoke and the rusty pages of books then by actual food. Combat even more preferable than that. With a sigh, I reopen the book, unsure of my position in this place more then ever before.

I will protect the people here. Not because I want to, but because it is something I must do. There is no world where I do not, after all; not because of a burning desire to be a "hero", or a desperate need to be accepted, or for the love I have for others, but simply because it is what would be required of me. These are the facts that I know.

This school is in terrible danger. Every moment I delay is a moment that Gaap of Ars Goetia draws closer, that the devils that surround this school come nearer. While I am assured that a prominent portion of this school is entwined with the supernatural, the number of people who can face the villainy that surrounds us is slim. Who could stand up to me, should I go mad? To Souma, should he kill once more? To Subaru, should her god overtake her soul? I must slay the demons that enwrap our lives, before take another.

Elizaveta is not important.

But the fact that Elizaveta vanished from memory is important. An enchantment of that size, that vast web, is impressive. Too sloppy for Gaap, and as such irrelevant to me outside of the magic behind it, but interesting. Such a mage would indeed be on my caliber, or one of those that I had oft dined with at balls. Fake smiles and fake food, is there a better combination in this world? And yet I go unnoticed, those around me as indifferent to my presence as dust in the wind. It sends a shiver down my spine, to think of such a massive scale for something as simple as a memory. The answer is obvious, the destination clear. To engage in such a foe would truly be most glorious.

But that is not my goal.

Gaap of Ars Goetia is my goal. With Red Calamity as an aside. These are the two projects I must focus all my strength on, even when I have no earthly idea how to uncover either of them. Or The Man Who Lives Twice. It is more then a bit frustrating, to say the least.

I read. Words pass my eyes. Is it a fictitious cipher entirely? Something that none but the creator would even bother to read? Simply scribbles on a page, to hide words that don't mean much? It's annoying, that I can't uncover this. It's frustrating me to no end that I stare at these pages and don't see the answer. This is probably what Mercedes wanted. I miss my teacher. I miss the Headmaster. I miss my school. Magic is so much more fascinating then ordinary school. Of course, I can be highly accomplished at both, but I am, if nothing else, a prodigy. Magic comes easy to me, and as such, I prefer to study magic.

I read. Words pass my eyes. This book is a sham, designed by Mercedes West to assault me personally. With a sigh, I close the book once more, idly drumming fingers on its cover as I stare at nothing in particular.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Cheshire

"Mm, what a shy little Blüte you are! Nein, nein, you have nothing to be awkward about! Ooh, your skin look so soft...! I just want to pinch your Backen...! Ah, Scheiße, I'm drooling over here...! Ack, sorry, sorry, I didn't mean, just been a while since I've seen... well, you know."

If Adelaide could send a message with her eyes (and she wished she could) they would be screaming help, help, to Colt... who, of course, was fixated on the guns. She couldn't really blame him... they were nice guns.

Very nice guns, indeed.

"Well well, judging by the way you drooled after my Kind over there, I'd say you're also an enthusiast or have a seriously weird Fetisch going on... but both are fine! I know my creations are the most beautiful in the world after all, wahahahahaa~! No matter what that Einzeller Popplewell claims... I mean, who obsesses over their own home country so much... it's absolutely ridiculous... absolutely... absolutely..."

Adelaide eyed the German woman's manner of dress, not saying a word. She nodded along, subtly backing away a step or two, a little closer to Colt.

"Das Glück hilft den Kühen, Du britische Schlampe!"

She didn't speak German, but she'd caught enough of that to know that it wasn't a compliment. Adelaide just kept her mouth shut and nodded again, moving until she was standing next to Colt.

"... Uhm. Apologies. So, err... you wanted to the see the Das Thulewerk Originals, yes? I-In that case, can I see your ID first? Just a formality, but you know how it is... waha... wahahahaa..."

"Actually..."

Adelaide spoke up, looking at the Thulewerks. She wasn't interested in the guns, not really. She was much more interested in Frau Wiolant, but... the guns were nice, of course. Beautifully crafted, speaking to the refinement of skill the woman in front of her must have achieved over many years (or so she hoped). You could never be quite sure about some things.

"Do you need any help with your work?"

She didn't know where it came from - well, she wanted to learn a little more about the person in front of her, so there was that - but Adelaide just kind of blurted it out. And now that it was in the air, it was impossible to take back.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Wait, you, calling someone scary? Xylia... did she say or do anything weird to you?"
    Xylia snorted, a somewhat annoyed look appearing in her eyes... though it wasn't aimed at Prushka or the two others, but at the memory of Sae Min and whatever had happened between the two of them.

"Yeah, she's... totally nuts. She keeps insistin' I take my meds and whenever I meet her alone she starts drillin' me about how I'm feelin' and if I'm troubled by something and all sorta crap like that..." Xylia growled out an answer. "I dunno what she's after but I'm gonna trust her 'bout as much as I can throw her... which is none! So yeah, not only does she collect all sorta weirdo articles, but she keeps bein' nosy for who-knows-what reason!"

A sort of awkward silence fell upon the table. While Xylia Pheme might not have realized it herself, she had (most likely) spelled out the answer to her own question with what she said... or at least, that's how Xandra and Xeni seemed to take it. The former tried to hide her snickering with a hacking fake cough while a ghost of a smirk appeared on the latter's face.

Well, right or wrong about their take on this, at least Xylia herself didn't arrive to the same conclusion, as she just gave them a confused look.

And speaking of arriving...

"Well well, did you lovelies already finish the pie? Should I get you some more? There's plenty more where that came from!"

The sudden appearance of Avery Walker took everyone by surprise. Xandra's fake-cough turned into a real one as the three girls snapped their backs straight, sitting like students of a Catholic school on pews during a Sunday mass. The owner of the diner didn't notice this, though, as she beamed that gentle smile of hers towards the quartet of girls, hands on her hips like she was about to whip up another pie right then and there.

"So no need to be shy! If you wanna eat some more, just say so," Avery continued, nodding towards them. "Or do you guys want refills on your drinks?"

At least the smiling owner hadn't noticed the smell of cigarette smoke around the table, for now...

Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Needless to say, even if that was the case, I wouldn’t tell anyone. You mentioned that you are here on a break, wouldn’t want to ruin that for you.”
    Carrie Lakes stopped singing in an instant, her expression becoming almost as if Hisa had just straight sucker-punched her. The cheerful song about the power of love continued in the background, becoming a rather unfitting backing track for the situation where one older woman had been deflated like a whoopie cushion the words of a younger girl. Billie Boulders, on the other hand, exploding into a roaring laughter, slamming the countertop with her hand hard enough to cause the whole wooden structure (and Hisa by association) to shake.

"Gwahahaha! Looks like your cover lasted less than one week after the youngsters arrived!" Billie guffawed, mirthfully grinning at Carrie. "Should've known that among them would be at least one weird enough to be a fan of yours! Gwahahahaha!"

Carrie Lakes stared flatly at both the cackling bartender and somewhat-innocent-looking Hisa, before heaving a heavy sigh and letting her shoulders slump. She walked slowly back to her seat, dragging her feet all the while and immediately drained what little remained of the contents of her glass - ice and all. Billie, still laughing loudly enough to make air rumble (since she was starting to resemble bear with the sound she made) poured her another which Carrie then clutched like a lifesaver.

"... Ugh, well... you got me there kid. And here I thought I was being clever with the name..." Carrie mumbled, rubbing her temples as if to drive away an approaching migraine. "Guess I should have known that tentacles of showbiz wouldn't leave me alone even at the ass-end of nowhere..."

Another sigh, another long swig and Carrie slammed her glass against the wooden counter and wiped her mouth. Then she directed a look at Hisa that didn't exactly seem to blame her for making the connection... but it didn't look like she was all too joyous either. Though, strangely enough, the fact that Hisa did know who she was made a momentary shimmer of happiness appear in the corner of her eye?

Was she glad that her name was actually known by someone?

"But, hah, yes, I'm Carmen Rivers. Lounge-singer and Darling of New York... or that's what they call me, anyways," Carrie, or Carmen, reintroduced herself. "Here on a sabbatical to get back my inspiration and to get away from a city for a while... as well as other assorted personal reasons and demons. Don't worry though. You haven't ruined it for me... yet."

Her smirk was somewhat lopsided and not-quite-humorous-enough.

"... So? What gave it away? The crow-like cawing I call singing? Or do I just smell too much of cheap whiskey?"

With that joking question, the hardness in her eyes did ease, however.

Elaine Winters

It didn't take long for the trio to walk from the computer lab to the teacher's office, passing through empty corridors and distant sounds of talking echoing from somewhere in the building. From the looks of it most everyone had taken advantage of it being a weekend, and thus they were either out and about or hanging out in the dormitory. Other than them and the two at the computer lab, the amount of people in the main building could probably be counted with one hand.

And, from the looks of it, this emptiness extended to the teacher's lounge too.

After all, when the trio arrived, they found the door unlocked and the room itself completely empty.

The interior of the office was simple and efficient. Bookshelves full of educational material and file-folders, along with all sorts of assorted books that looked boring just from their spines. An isle of desks stood in the center of the room, each one clearly a different workspace of a different teacher... and judging from the contents, it was pretty easy to guess which one belonged to which teacher. Suzana Costa's were full of flowers and stylish little knick-knacks while only a certain jersey-wearing musclehead would have kept a pair of iron dumbells on his desk. The only ones without desks of their own were, understandably, Miss Min, Jake Briggs and Principal himself.

But going through teachers' stuff wasn't what they were here for.

It was to make a call.

And to do that, they would have to use the black telephone sitting on the separate table at the corner of the room.

"Well, there it is," Kean commented, pointing his thumb towards the phone. "You make your secret little call, I'll keep eye out on Little Runaway and the door... wouldn't want to get caught with our figurative pants down by one of the teachers."

Kean's smirk was humorous, but he had a point. After all, explaining this to someone like Miss Min would have been... difficult to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “I thought I was only getting only getting keys if I gained your trust… However, I guess this does make it easier for me to do my job. And I just offered to show them the library and how to check out books since they showed up.”
    Rachel rolled her eyes with some humor and shook the keys meaningfully.

"Even if I don't give them to you, you still need to use them to get your hands on the vacuum cleaner and the place you'll be cleaning," Rachel said with a smirk. "In other words, I'll come open up the places for you so you can get to work. I still mean what I said back then."

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “You’re… Rachel, right? The niece of the owner of this place? Zane happened to mention you when I ran into him a couple of days ago.”
    The redhead blinked in surprise after being asked this by Anna, before nodding in response.

"Oh, Zane did? Well I hope he had good things to say about me. After all, I'm more or less his boss around here," Rachel continued with a slight giggle. "If I hear he's been spreading nasty rumours about me around town, especially to our newest residents... well, guess I know who's gonna be cleaning toilets for the next two months!"

While the redheaded girl was chuckling at her own words, for some slightly scary reason it didn't seem she was completely joking. Indeed, while Rachel was being nothing but cordial and nice so far, there was this definite sense that she was simply holding back as she was now in company of three people she had never met before. Putting on a business-smile, so to speak.

It was easy enough to imagine her temper matched the color of her hair, after all...

"Oh, just kidding~" Rachel then relented, all smiles. "Zane is a good guy, I doubt he'd be doing stuff like that. Especially since he's so excited about meeting some new friend of his today. I think it does good for him to get his mind off the serious stuff once in a while..."

Rachel shook her head, clearly dispelling any desire to stay and start gossiping. Instead, she raised the keys once more and nodded towards the staircase leading downstairs.

"Well? Shall we? We can show you guys the library at the same time," the redhead asked and raised her eyebrow. "Meanwhile maybe you guys can tell me if there's a fire extinguisher-sized bully in your class. Apparently they were bothering one of my friends a couple of days ago..."

Meanwhile, Caleb was munching on the second piece of chocolate cake in the background... and looking actually a bit troubled by his calorie intake. Perhaps Anna's words had gotten to him unexpectedly.

Colt Davin & Adelaide Cheshire

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Davin’s what I go by.”
    Frauke studied Colt's ID card, her eyebrows raising a little as she saw the name printed on it... though it didn't seem to be because of his mouthful of a full name. Instead there was a certain sense of recognition in the look she gave to the card, and by the way she checked Colt's face as if to make sure it really was him... well, perhaps the short German woman had figured something about the boy. If nothing else, she did seem to now be actually looking at him, instead of just humoring him with her acknowledgement.

Still, a somewhat troubled smile spread to her face afterwards.

"Aah, well... unfortunately the age in this state to buy our creations is einundzwanzig years old..." Frauke replied, handing the card back to Colt. "While I got no doubt you'd know your ways around them, well... law is law... Es tut mir Leid... Plus the fact that you're, well, alltäglich..."

She did seem genuinely sorry that she couldn't sell the stuff to Colt, and from the looks of it, was wracking her brains trying to somehow make it up to the youth, but at that moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide
    "Actually... Do you need any help with your work?"
    Frauke's eyebrows shot towards her hairline.

"Oh? Oh, oh, oh? Are you interesting in giving a hand? Giving die Hilfe? Weeeeeell.." Frauke replied, rubbing her chin and squirming in place. "I suppose there'd be some work to help with around here, but unless I know your qualifications and---"

Rest of her words were swallowed by a huge metallic crash that resonated from behind a sturdy door that, from the looks of it, led further into the building. The rumbling sound that sounded like someone just dropped a car from top of a high-rise building echoed for a good minute or two, making everyone's ears ring and causing Frauke to cringe in a way that only an employer realizing their employee screwing something up could.

"Urgh... Scheiße..." Frauke muttered under her breath, massaging her temples. "Err... if you want to work here, you might want to first see what sort of work it is... in fact, could you go check out downstairs how bad the damages are..."

The tiny German woman staggered towards one of the tables, a somewhat nauseous look on her face.

"... I think I need an aspiring... or something for a growing ulcer..."

Elise Pelltier, Alexstrasza Lockhart & John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “I was ignored. ‘Tis a sad day.”
    Sakura giggled quietly at the boy and patted him comfortingly on the shoulder, before leaning in to whisper a response of her own.

"Oh, don't worry, John. If it's attention you want, I don't mind giving it to you," the brunette whispered with a mischievous smile. "And even if you strike out with Lockhart, don't mind it! She's a bit antisocial, so it might take a couple of tries to get her to notice you that way."

To emphasize what she meant, Sakura gave a glance towards the blonde girl sitting separate from everyone else.

Wait... didn't this sound like Sakura was making a rather dangerous misunderstanding right here...!?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "My apologies, Mister Dove. I do hope you do not feel ignored, so much as momentarily belayed. After all, ciphers are a far heartier meal then breakfast, are they not? More fascinating then even the heavens at times."
    Sakura blinked at that somewhat confusing response to the whispered conversation, but then offered another pat on John's shoulder, as if to encourage him to keep trying despite the "odds" being stacked against him... or whatever else it was that the girl was thinking about this situation. Whatever it was, it seemed troublesome at the very least!

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "So how's your day been so far, Jake? Seems like a strange turn of events this morning, getting three more students and all. That puts us at what now, thirty-three, I think? It must feel like it's bustling compared to when you were here."
    Jake chuckled, taking a sip of his own coffee before responding with a nod.

"Yeah, you could say that. Back then there was only a handful of us, see," the janitor responded, waving his fork vaguely. "Me, Tommy, Rachel, Sammie and Remmie... and the rest of the peanut gallery. If you feel the school and the rest of the facilities are a bit too big for you now, just imagine how it was with half the class size you dudes have now... speaking of which, it's thirty-two, not thirty-three, right? Anyways, while it's not as busy as it was back in the day before even my times, it's good to see the old school come back to life."

A somewhat content smile passed by the older boy's face and he nodded, clearly satisfied with how things were right now... along with how peaceful, almost perfectly mundane and gentle the current atmosphere at the room was.

"But yeah, I was actually, err, having a morning nap after mopping the floors when I woke up to these dudes knocking on the main building's door," Jake continued. "So mostly just work and taking it easy, I guess? Somebody made a hell of a mess in the storage room so I had to deal with that, too..."

The silver-haired janitor sighed with a shrug.

"I totally get wanting to party during nights while you're young, but I'd appreciate if you guys didn't cause me more work. I'm just a one dude, jeez..."

Meanwhile, John had focused his attention to the de facto vice-principal.
    “May I assume then, that the matter of the siblings’ registration and housing has been resolved, Miss Min? I ask because, well, following Colton Davin’s dereliction of duty, I’m the sole remaining bellboy. I’ll need to know where to take the luggage.”
    Sae Min, who had already finished up her omelette (she had been surprisingly hungry, from the looks of it) stopped in the middle of her coffee-sipping and turned her eyes towards the boy. She took one more sip while staring, shivered a bit as if something in the drink had disagreed with her, and then nodded slowly.

"Yes. We agreed that for the time being, the Coastrise siblings shall sleep the next night in the currently empty room. They shall be granted additional locks for tonight, and we teachers shall be keeping a close watch on you young men," Sae Min replied matter-of-factly, though she did give a somewhat harder look towards John. "Come next week, we will be opening up one of the rooms in the girls' floor that Misses Coastrise can share. That was the request from Yeong-Hui, after all."

Hearing her name, the messy-haired girl looked into the direction of the conversation and tilted her head in confusion. Meanwhile Minato struggled to wipe her cheeks once more, as the initial clean-up had been overturned quite quickly.

"If you do not mind helping Jake out, then I appreciate it," Miss Min continued. "I am sure the siblings here do too."

While Minato simply grunted and glanced at John for a moment, and Zhou beamed one of her dopey smiles in his direction, it was Yeong-Hui who actually vocalized a response. The girl stared at John for a full quiet minute before flashing a quick... and a rather brilliant... smile towards the boy, along with a tiny whispers of.

"... Um, thanks..."

Despite her awkward personality, it was clear that Yeong-Hui knew how to be polite.

And thus the morning rolled onwards...

“I wish I could ask for seconds, but that would be more privilege than I deserve.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "It's quite alright if you desire seconds, Mister Dove. I have no need for firsts, after all. I'll eat later, if at all."
    Suddenly.

It was like an imaginary pane of glass had shattered into a million tiny peaces.

Even the air felt like it grew chilly.

All resonating from one source - a brunette source.

"My, my... Worry not, John. We made plenty, so if you want seconds then feel free to fetch them," Sakura Tsukioka, the source of this sudden change in atmosphere, said cheerfully. Too cheerfully. "There's no need for anyone to give up their own breakfast for it."

Danger.

This was a definite danger.

Especially when Sakura's smiling face, smile that wasn't a smile in any sense of the word, turned towards Alexstrasza Lockhart and the freezing imaginary wind threw itself against the blonde did the same.

"... Indeed, Miss Lockhart can just eat her own breakfast in peace," Sakura spoke slowly and delibirately, her happy tone sending chills down spines. "No need to set it aside or refuse to eat it. After all, that would be extremely offensive and rude, and I'm sure that isn't what Miss Lockhart wanted to do... right?"

This was bad.

This was really bad...!

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Although taken aback momentarily by the near explosive bang from further inside the story, enough so that he had even covered his ears on reflex, Colt put himself back together quickly enough.

“Oh, no need to apologize. I’m well aware you can’t sell to me. That’s why I didn’t ask to buy.” The change in how Frauke looked at the boy didn’t go unnoticed, and the right corner of his lips hooked up into the smallest, bite-sized smile. In a way, he even appreciated her apologetic effort to abide by the law, even if it meant less fun for him. “That’s why I only asked to see it.”

Pocketing his wallet along with his license, he glanced at the door which had barricaded against some of the noise.

“Bless your heart, it seems like you really do need some sorta help. Not sure if it’s the kind we can give though…”

He tried not to imagine what could have made that noise, and glanced over at Adelaide, then back to Frauke.

“I’d offer a Tylenol, but I think I left those back home.”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia Pheme
    "Yeah, she's... totally nuts. She keeps insistin' I take my meds and whenever I meet her alone she starts drillin' me about how I'm feelin' and if I'm troubled by something and all sorta crap like that... I dunno what she's after but I'm gonna trust her 'bout as much as I can throw her... which is none! So yeah, not only does she collect all sorta weirdo articles, but she keeps bein' nosy for who-knows-what reason!"
    "Whoa... sounds like you dodged a bullet. She's definitely got some sort of nasty ulterior motives if she's behaving like that."

From the way Xylia is describing her, our math teacher is definitely trouble. I'll have to keep my guard up around her in the future. But why are Xeni and Xandra looking at her like that? This is serious! Our teacher's dangerous!

"Hey, what's so funny - oh, Ms. Walker!"

Quote Originally Posted by Avery Walker
    "Well well, did you lovelies already finish the pie? Should I get you some more? There's plenty more where that came from!"
    "Ah, I was great, Ma'am! Best pie I've ever had!" For some reason, I can't help but straighten my back as well. Earlier it wasn't an issue, but now my instincts are telling me that I'm also on the list of kids who should be getting coal for Christmas. "But m-more? That's..."

That's a scary thought. More pie? It was so good the first, time, but can I really justify it?

What a dumb question. Of course I want more!

"Mmm, I g-guess another one wouldn't hurt... if everyone else wants seconds, too."

Expectantly, I look to see what the trio of delinquents thinks. While they're deciding...

"Oh, and one more thing: Ms. Walker, do you know where I'd be able to find a 'Rachel Halloway'?"

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Morning Phase
    Overcast

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Tsukioka
    “Oh, don't worry, John. If it's attention you want, I don't mind giving it to you. And even if you strike out with Lockhart, don't mind it! She's a bit antisocial, so it might take a couple of tries to get her to notice you that way.”
    Ah. Déjà vu.

This is one of those things that should be, what’s the expression, “nipped at the bud”?

“Sakura, it was only yesterday that I had the privilege of befriending Miss Lockhart.”

Or so he thought. Admittedly, his offer of friendship was entirely one-sided.

“A romantic relationship is the last thing in my mind.”

His heart was haplessly captured a long time ago.

“On an unrelated note, Sakura: would you happen to be acquainted with the shopkeeper at the local Store & Post? I think you’d get along swimmingly.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sae Min & Yeong-Hui Coastrise
    “If you do not mind helping Jake out, then I appreciate it. I am sure the siblings here do too.”

“…um, thanks…”
    At this, John shakes his head briefly.

“No need. I just don’t like leaving matters unfinished.”

And then…

“My, my... Worry not, John. We made plenty, so if you want seconds then feel free to fetch them. There's no need for anyone to give up their own breakfast for it…”

“…indeed, Miss Lockhart can just eat her own breakfast in peace. No need to set it aside or refuse to eat it. After all, that would be extremely offensive and rude, and I’m sure that isn't what Miss Lockhart wanted to do…right?”
    Really, this is why people are…

It would be easy to ignore this. While others stiffen their faces and feel chills down their spines, John could easily resume his meal—do as suggested and fetch another portion for himself. He could detach himself from the conversation far more effectively than Miss Lockhart and her distancing. However, the young man is aware he is in some way responsible for this, even if he is completely uncertain as to how or why. Sakura Tsukioka’s reaction seems unreasonable, nonsensical even, but he is not the kind of person who questions what others consider important or not.

“Sakura.”

A lone fork fall on the plate with a ringing sound that draws all attention.

“I did not know you were so quick to feel slighted. I will keep it in mind.”

It is only after those words that he turns his head to properly look at the (older?) girl.

“I agree that partaking of one’s three meals is important, but forcing one who is indisposed does not sit well with me.”

Being kind to someone does not obligate that someone to accept that kindness. It is given selflessly without placing expectations on others; that is what makes it kindness. Well, it was John’s mistake in the first place, to overestimate Sakura Tsukioka. Does it not make more sense for her to be as selfish as everyone else?

“A meal like this is something to be enjoyed. If Miss Lockhart is indisposed to a degree that she’s lost her appetite, there is no way she could enjoy this. Neither of you deserves that. It is needlessly cruel, to you and to her. Would you disagree?”

The face that only shows utmost serenity gives way to a simple, placid smile.

“If it’s leftovers that worry you, I’m fairly confident you don’t need to. Right, Jake? Elise Marie?”

Elise Pelltier

"Yeah, you could say that. Back then there was only a handful of us, see. Me, Tommy, Rachel, Sammie and Remmie... and the rest of the peanut gallery. If you feel the school and the rest of the facilities are a bit too big for you now, just imagine how it was with half the class size you dudes have now... speaking of which, it's thirty-two, not thirty-three, right? Anyways, while it's not as busy as it was back in the day before even my times, it's good to see the old school come back to life."
    So... Sammie and Remmie were the names Tommy choked on? But why? What happened to them that made them worthy of omission? pondered Elise as she finished off the last of her omelet.

"Oh yeah! I ran into Tommy last night! Are any of the other Pinefall alumni still around town?" asked Elise.

Elise set he plate aside and considered her tuna and chili juice box, and anemic coffee drink and considered her options.

The chili flavour is too hot for me, so I need the cream in my cream and sugar with a hint of coffee to cut the heat... If I'm going to be drinking them together, I might as well cut out the middleman, thought Elise in resignation.

She grabbed the tuna and chili juice box and opened the spout on the side.

"I totally get wanting to party during nights while you're young, but I'd appreciate if you guys didn't cause me more work. I'm just a one dude, jeez..."
    "Oh geez. Sorry to hear about that. What sort of a mess did they make in the storage room?" asked Elise as she poured the remainder of her tuna and chili juice into her poor excuse for coffee.

Without warning, a sudden chill filled the air of the common room. Elise scanned the room for the source of the sudden change of atmosphere and soon focused on Sakura Tsukioka. John and Alexstrasza seemed to be caught up in the cold winds.

Elise took a sip from her mug. It was terrible, but it had a surprisingly bolstering effect against the waves of cold rage emanating from Sakura.

... Indeed, Miss Lockhart can just eat her own breakfast in peace. No need to set it aside or refuse to eat it. After all, that would be extremely offensive and rude, and I'm sure that isn't what Miss Lockhart wanted to do... right?"
    The forced cheerful tone in Sakura's voice filled Elise with dread. It was clearly anything but. Elise nervously glanced back and forth between Sakura, John, and the subject of her ire, Alexstrasza.

Elise considered her options, unwilling to simply leave Alexstrasza and John at the mercy of Sakura, but also somewhat grateful that she wasn't in Sakura's line of fire at the moment.

Elise spared a glance at the Coastrise siblings, feeling bad that they had the misfortune of being present for this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Dove
    “If it’s leftovers that worry you, I’m fairly confident you don’t need to. Right, Jake? Elise Marie?”
    Why would you drag me into this, John Dove? Why!?

"Some-some people have small appetites and just can't clear their plate on their own, it's a tragic fact," began Elise, sparing a quick glance to her own cleared plate, now holding only a discarded empty juice box, "It's not disrespectful to the cook or anything, it's just a matter of not being able to eat all that much in one sitting."

Elise took a sip from her mug full of bad ideas.

"All that really matters is that good food is enjoyed and appreciated, and nothing goes to waste, right? And this was a great breakfast! I'm very happy to have eaten mine, and might go for seconds, but if Alexstrasza can't finish hers, I'd be glad to help her clear her plate!"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Phase: Morning
    Date: 10.09.1994

"Oh, Zane did? Well, I hope he had good things to say about me. After all, I'm more or less his boss around here,"

"If I hear he's been spreading nasty rumors about me around town, especially to our newest residents... well, guess I know who's gonna be cleaning toilets for the next two months!"
    Hmm.. headstrong, kind of rude and… looks like she is constantly frowning, wasn’t it?

While Anna might have been tempted mention exactly what Zane had said earlier, as payback for what Shane had mentioned a couple of days ago (“Thin as a twig”, really?), she kept it for herself for the time being. Despite her seemingly light-hearted behavior, the vibes Rachel was giving off seemed to suggest that she’d have no qualms going through with her threats, should things play out that way.

That guy might be surprisingly prone to putting his foot in his mouth with these types of comments, honestly.

"Zane is a good guy, I doubt he'd be doing stuff like that. Especially since he's so excited about meeting some new friend of his today. I think it does good for him to get his mind off the serious stuff once in a while..."
    I swear you can’t even take a step in this town without it becoming local gossip in fifteen minutes.

Anna, for her part, really didn’t answer the girl, merely giving her a slight nod. Fortunately, it seemed to coincide with Rachel’s own desire to move away from town gossip. And let's be honest, it's not as if Anna actually wanted to fuel any additional rumors either. It would be far too much of a hassle to try and deal with all the misconceptions that would arise and she really didn’t fancy having to explain things to every single person in town.

"Meanwhile maybe you guys can tell me if there's a fire extinguisher-sized bully in your class. Apparently, they were bothering one of my friends a couple of days ago..."
    “Mhm..? A fire extinguisher-sized bully? “They” as in multiple of them?” Anna paused for a second. “Kind of rough to say, honestly. There’s more than one pint-sized pseudo-rugrat in our class. You have anything else to narrow them down?”

“Skin tone, hair-color - that sort of thing.”

Meanwhile, Caleb seemed to be brooding a bit, as he munched on his cake. From the looks of it, her comments might have been a bit too much for him. Or was it that he used to be chubbier as a kid and there is some leftover trauma there? Anna let out a small sigh as he momentarily turned her head from Rachel towards Caleb.

The sensitive soul of an “artist”, I guess.

“Also, you are taking it way too seriously, Highlander.” A slightly exasperated half-grin flickered on Anna’s face. “Last I checked, you aren't a Hollywood drama queen like West, so please stop gazing at that cake as if you are committing some kind of cardinal sin.”

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Breathe.

Smile.

Let go.

"It is not as if I do not wish to eat your meal, Miss Tsukioka. I simply cannot."

I twirl my fork around the food in distaste, glancing at it with a sigh. It is a persona. A fake. A mask that I can't remove in front of these people. But I must wear it to absolute perfection in order to remain at ease.

"In the end I'm just a weak, useless, insipid sickly little girl. I cannot bear to eat most of the time without similarly expelling it," I say with a smile, with an ease that ill-befits the words that exit my lips. I say it with the ease of someone who has heard those words a thousand times before.

Lucky.

Useless.

Arrogant.

Adjectives to describe a person. Adjectives that have been used to describe me. It's tiresome, so very, very tedious to hear these words over and over again, and pretend that they mean anything to me. I miss my school, but at the same time I do not miss the rumors and words that followed my every step.

"It isn't an insult. It isn't my unenviable talent for rudeness. It's simply facts. I cannot consume the meal that you have kindly placed before me."

In my room is a container full of syringes and a need for more. But perhaps what I was taught was true. It is not a physical need, but a mental one. A need created with no purpose other than to consume. I won't be that again. I'll never succumb to those desires for a second time in my life. The shame I felt, the sensation of vomit curdling behind my tongue as it had finally dawned on me what had happened...

I'd gone mad.

And in my madness, I'd done monstrous things. Things that proved everyone who whispered about me correct. Things I could never correct, or take back. I'd become that which I so deeply mock and scorn in my life, and I'd done it with barely a second thought. It was wrong of me to do, but I had done it. All I can do is accept it, and move beyond it.

I smile sadly, looking at the plate, before arching an eyebrow at Sakura Tsukioka, not saying a word. Let her bully the sickly girl, the girl who goes to the hospital, the girl who can barely hold a simple conversation without rousing someone to anger. It is not as if such things are uncommon, and if they are, all the better for me. The rumors that spread, the whispers around me, it was easier then. It is always easier when no one interacts with you, even when you desperately crave even the smallest grasp of human kindness.

What is kindness, anyway? Is it just some sort of fictional belief, or does it have any real grasp on reality? I've tried to be cruel. I've tried to be kind. I've tried so many useless things, and they never work out. I'm simply a mask of a mask, pretending to be human so very badly that I can rewrite the fundamental rules that define my existence.

Is that so wrong?

To want to be human? To want to be kind? To want, simply for the sake of wanting?

I open my mouth as if to speak, and then do not. I cannot shake the words Subaru Ibari said to me. I cannot shake the words of Souma Noubutama from my soul. It is so much easier with Mercedes West, or Cesarina, to be myself. To say what I want to say. To hear what I want to hear. To be who I want to be. Even if I'm a fake, can't a fake be just as good as the real thing, if it tries hard enough? Is that so wrong?

I open a book of pages I can't read. A book that belongs to a girl as real as I am fake. I turn a page.

I read.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries

"Even if I don't give them to you, you still need to use them to get your hands on the vacuum cleaner and the place you'll be cleaning. In other words, I'll come open up the places for you so you can get to work. I still mean what I said back then."
    “I guess the basement isn’t cleaned that often if it took you that long to get the key.”

I could take the fact that it took this much time to find the keys in several ways. One of them is that cleaning the basement is a low priority and primarily used to newbie initiations. Alternatively, they suspect me and this was a test. There was a myriad of possible reasons ranging from mundane to outright paranoia on my part. Regardless, the fact that it took time for Rachel Halloway to

While I was thinking about the keys and other possibilities, I still processed the conversation going on in front of me. No new input and relevance gained. Minor suspicions confirmed and noted. That is until Rachel continued on to mention someone potentially from our class.

"Well? Shall we? We can show you guys the library at the same time. Meanwhile maybe you guys can tell me if there's a fire extinguisher-sized bully in your class. Apparently they were bothering one of my friends a couple of days ago..."
    Fire extinguisher-sized bully… There are a few people who fit that size description. While I haven’t met all of them, Prushka and Subaru Iburi didn’t seem like the type to bully others. I haven’t interacted with our math teacher Sae Min outside of class. Xylia Pheme, I am keeping a passive eye on her after she replaced Elizaveta Vyraj. So far she hasn’t made any questionable moves since her appearance. At this rate, I should just ask for the description of the said person. I’m not making a hypothesis about the information that they’re small and most likely our classmates. Because alternatively, they could always be someone new to town like us and unlike us not here for school.

“Mhm..? A fire extinguisher-sized bully? “They” as in multiple of them? Kind of rough to say, honestly. There’s more than one pint-sized pseudo-rugrat in our class. You have anything else to narrow them down? Skin tone, hair-color - that sort of thing.”
    “Well if it was just short classmates, I think I would be included in that.” In fact, right next to Caleb Montjoy, I was positively tiny. “But fire extinguisher-sized? I can think of a few as well, but I think we all need a bit more than just their size.”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

“It was just...Sort of a wild guess, I suppose.”

Sipping on the remainder of my soda while collecting my thoughts, I came to realize another thing about Carrie...Or Carmen, however I should even call her now...And Billie, too, for that matter.

It was barely even noon...And they’ve both already finished how many glasses of booze now?

Is this normal?

Certainly not, but if it simply came down to them holding their liquor so well, then...That’s a talent I’d quite respect.

“Heard some vague details, from a classmate of mine, as I’ve mentioned.”

Realizing that my glass was now empty, I turned to Billie, giving something of a ‘may I have another’ gesture to the gigantic woman.

Still...Inacio was here as well, wasn’t he? And Carrie too, considering how he did mention them...How did he not realize, I wonder?

“We were talking about our music preferences…See, I play the piano, and can sing a bit as well, though really, I’m mostly just an amateur compared to someone like you.”

Living away in my own little world, my ‘music’ hardly fits into modern society anyways, except for, perhaps, what they consider ‘classical’, I suppose?

Maybe I should have done more research on music, after all...Though, listening to them would have been somewhat complicated.

“Well, anyways, that is when he mentioned that your music is the kind that lets people escape from reality for the moment. Especially a song about a poet and his muse.”

Muse...Right, that’s been something that I was fairly curious about, except that I almost managed to forget about it with all the things happening one after another.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille awkwardly looked at her ice cream before she took a bite. It tasted fine, she supposed, but the pressing matter was whether or not to answer Sue’s question. After all, wasn’t that giving out information Caleb quite clearly wanted to keep hidden? At the same time, she felt it warranted some sort of explanation…

But in the end, Lucille kept her mouth shut, deciding that some things were simply not hers to tell.

"Mm, a rather nice lad, yeah. Easy on the eyes too, I suppose," he commented and chuckled. "I suppose it makes sense that a young girl of his age would have struck a friendship with him so quickly..."
    What did Mister Pinkerton mean by that? Lucille, in these sorts of matters, was incapable of putting two and two together, and so she offered the truth instead, hoping to put any misunderstandings six feet under.

“We happened to be seated together on the bus ride here,” Lucille said offhandedly. “He gave me a rather nice picture with me in it.”

And with that, Lucille delved into the store to grab what she needed. She had already made a cursory decision upon her initial look, but it wouldn’t hurt to hash out what she wanted on the second try.

Staring at the bookshelf, Lucille thumbed through several of the books, her face turning redder all the while. Amidst what looked to be useful nuggets of information were…

Were…

Interesting, to say the least. Though Lucille had seen a fair amount of movies, it was not enough to give her a solid foundation as to determine what was trite and what wasn’t. In other words, no matter how trashy the material presented in front of her was, it would be a fresh experience.

And so she caved to the fundamental basis of human sin—curiosity.

Lucille grabbed a few more items from the shelves before arriving at the counter, gently placing everything she was planning to get on it. She clearly separated a stack of school supplies (roughly around $20 or so), before glancing at Mr. Pinkerton.

“I’ll have you responsibly invest in my education,” she said dryly, trying to pretend the book she haphazardly tossed in with the rest of her purchases didn’t exist.

Stuff bought

5x bandaids ($10)
    5-Hour Energy Drink ($15)
    Flannel & Cigarette Butts ($20)
    Baseball Bat ($60)

Elaine Winters

"My investigative instincts are roused by so much seemingly inane clutter," Elaine said flatly, gazing over the desks with a practiced eye, "All the possible horrible secrets I could find out by rooting through people's personal belongings like some sort of overly-nosy freakazoid call out to me."

To be fair, it was her job.

Passion, maybe? You didn't get paid for those. Obsession just made her sound crazy, and she definitely wasn't crazy, which is what a sane person would say, definitely.

Yep.

"Cover me, Bulldog, I'm going in."

It was of the utmost importance to make this as quick and clean as possible, it would take all of her abilities in skulking, sneaking and thuggery, lives were at steak! Who knows what would happen if things went wrong? The entire world depended on it!

So she crossed the room normally, walking at an even pace, bent to pick up the phone and paused for a moment, wishing she had some gum to chew, then dialed the number.

Beeeep-beeeep-beeeep.

Silence.

Elaine slowly reached down, depressed the switch, and dialed again, pressing '9' first.

Stupid campus phone lines.

She shifted back and forth on her heels, exhaling at the dial tone.

Time for a chat.