Page 96 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4686919495969798101106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    "Were you a student here? Or did you just like being here because of something else?"
    Gradient, who had been acting rather animated in her nodding and shaking of heads, stopped just for a moment after hearing these questions. Her eyes travelled from Hisa to Aleen. The bluehead was sitting on one of the chairs, leaning her elbows at the desk and simply watching this exchange with a type of rapt attention - though with a hint of warmth in her smile. Clearly the "conversation" between the two girls had been rather heartwarming to watch, at least so far.

Then, after clearly making sure that the two students were the only ones in the room besides Gradient herself, the mysterious girl turned back to Hisa and... shrugged her shoulders in a minimalistic way, with an apologetic smile clear on her face.

Like she wanted to say much more, like the answer had been very complicated... but thanks to the language barrier, she simply couldn't.

"Were you always like...this? Finding it hard to express yourself? Or did someone do this to you?"
    The next question got a much faster answer.

Yet, oddly enough, it was an answer that contradicted itself right from the get-go.

Because... Gradient nodded. Twice.

Still, after that, it left only one more thing...

"Do you think...you can write? Want to give it a try?"
    The mysterious girl moved forward a bit hesitantly, though clearly understanding what was being asked of her. After floundering about it for a while whether or not she should grab the pen again (after all, with drawing she had no problem), Gradient grabbed one of the chairs nearby and set it opposite of Hisa's, on the other side of the table they were using. Once seated, she grabbed the pencil, set the tip against the paper in front of her... and paused.

A long, tense silence followed.

Gradient bit her lip out of hesitation once more, perhaps thinking about what to write or whether or not she should write at all. Indeed, during this whole exchange the mysterious girl had been more unsure of herself than ever before, and it wasn't simply because of the questions. Something about this room, or perhaps in the second floor as a whole, made her act... odd.

Unlike the person that Hisa and the rest had met last night.

".... Mu."

Nodding to herself, after letting out one quiet sound, Gradient put pen to the paper and began to write.

And what she wrote was...

... A surprise to say the least.

After all...
    What language even was this?

Elise Pelltier

Elise finished her inspection and took a deep breath.

Okay, okay. So whoever- No. No. IF. If I killed someone, they never had a chance to fight back... so either I caught them unaware, or they were simply overpowered or- or they were someone who trusted me enough to let me get close to them.

Elise scanned the area one more time.

No body though, thought Elise as she glanced back at Cesarina, Well... no new bodies.

Elise sighed to herself, Of course, that doesn't mean much, it'd be very easy to dispose of a body, just-

She paused mid-thought. Looking around the campus once more and making note of the absence of others.

"Where is everyone?" wondered Elise out loud, Not that I'm complaining, but... it's kinda eerie.

Also, wasn't I the one who said we shouldn't all split up, and yet, here I am standing alone in the middle of the campus.

Elise took quick mental stock of where she last remembered people going, and hoped that was mostly still accurate considering the missing gap of time.

I should go and try and find some people but first... Elise paused to glance down at her bloodstained hands, I need to clean these. Can't go back to the dormitory. Too many people there. Probably. I could try and make it to one of the bathrooms in the main building, but... who knows who's running around there. Rinse my hands in the pool and hope notices?

She stared at the pool building for a moment, and then back to her hands, That's probably my safest bet.

Elise paused before going anywhere and glanced down at Cesarina, "I hate to leave you alone, but..."

She knelt down beside the blanket shrouded form and continued, "Well, for what's it worth, Cesarina, I'm sorry. If this was my fault... well. There's not a whole lot I can do to make up for it, is there?"

Elise started to get up, but paused momentarily, with another possible source of the blood on her hands coming to mind. She cautiously lifted the blanket shroud up and took a quick peek at Cesarina's remains hidden underneath it.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

"Ah..."

It hurts of course. Sharp teeth and sharp claws digging into your flesh, ripping the skin out, tearing muscles and ligaments. The diseased saliva mixes in with your screaming blood. Air and water brush against the wounds all over your arms, legs, chest. You try to breathe, but in your search for air and relief you only find more agony. Something not so different from suffocating in a fire, or drowning in water. You gasp, to inhale in desperation for life, but all that fills young lungs only serves to extinguish what little life you have left inside of you.

But I have little life left in me.

I am a puppet walking around.

Thus this isn't as inconveniencing as it should be. But why should I complain? I cannot even grimace if I want to.

"Hehehe... the mutts are indeed well trained!"

The mask finds it funny, somehow. She must be enjoying it, the thrill of combat that is, and to put one's life on the line... to dance the dance of life and death. If I was my old me I would probably be panicking right now... but because I am not the old me, I can stay here, bleeding, broken... and think on what to do next.

It''s logical, really: I have to get rid of the dogs.

-----

Vivienne was either was running on adrenaline, or her empty soul had an effect so strong that it could brush off the panic and fear that would naturally take hold of someone when they were injured to this extent. The mask most likely had a say in this too, for this may have just been a regular occurrence back in the olden days for it -- beasts of the wild kill and maim each other to survive after all, do they not?

However, the current plan for Vivienne seemed to be a certain form of momentary retreat of sorts. She started flying way from two of the dogs, perhaps having recognized that the trio needed to work together to reach her. Reaching her in the first place had already been a surprise, an unpleasant one -- it was best if she avoided a repeat of that, if possible. How she would attack the animals again since she had used her daggers already was another question but... well, the next moments most likely held the answer to all of this.

As Vivienne started moving upwards, she momentarily held on to her mask, mystical energies flowing around her body as she did so. The wings on her back that had been becoming more and more ephemeral as time had gone by suddenly regained their vigor, appearing solidly anchored to the physical world once more.

Though they couldn't see them, the hounds could simply tell from the way the mask was facing, that Vivienne was paying close attention to what they were doing.

Status

HP 13+3
    STR E (D)
    END E
    AGI B (A)
    WIL ?
    INT B
    EGO ?
    [妖] has been renewed! Lasts for 5 Turns.
    Movement Speed Doubled, gain Flight. AGI and STR + 1 Rank, Intimidation and Athletics Boosted to Rank B.
    Attacks made against a person shrouded have their Accuracy Score reduced by 1.

Equipment

Shards of Mjolnir
    Rank: E --- AP Cost: Free --- Damage: +2 --- Element: Steel --- Type: Weapon Arc-Relic, Throwing --- Range: Melee - 12.5m
    A set of black-metal daggers stored in an elaborate sheath. While not indestructible, they are made of fine dwarven steel, and thus prove to be supernaturally resilient, easily keeping a sharp edge. They double as both thrown and melee weapons.
    A set of 10 Daggers.
    ???

Revealed Abilities

[Persona of the Wild Parade : 百鬼夜行]
    Rank: F --- Element: Soul --- Target: Self --- Duration: 1 Hour
    A mask crafted to resemble the masks of Asia. Its main shape is evocative of the famous Kitsune mask of Japan’s Shinto culture, but upon closer inspection on can discern the presence of many other mask’s details, such as fellow Japanese Tengu masks, Chinese Shigong Masks, and Korean Sandae. While most of the masks featured in here are either decorative or bear a ritual purpose, each mask represents great beasts and beings from East Asian myths. This mask when donned tends to display an overall confident, yet cautious personality that relishes in combat. Out of the masks vivienne has at her disposal, most likely the one best geared towards proper combat. Its spells greatly enhance the offensive power available at her disposal, allowing her to deal with foes in a much swifter and effective manner than if she was using her other masks. A testament perhaps, to the prowess and might of all the beasts embellishing this mask.
    Gives access to the Spells: ???, [妖] & [煙々羅 影].
    Grants Intimidation and Athletics Skill rank equal to Occult Rank as long as it is worn.

[妖]
    Rank: B --- Element: Curse --- Target: Self --- Duration: 5 Turns
    Ayakashi, a general portmanteau term that encompasses an extremely wide spectrum of beasts. Even some divine creatures could be lumped in there -- however, this version of the spell is limited due to Vivienne’s lack of knowledge concerning East Asian Folklore, as well as being not too experienced herself yet in crafting of Ceremonial Magic Masks. At the moment, the ‘empowerments’ that this mask can give are limited to the Japanese Youkai: Tengu and ???. Vivienne knows them from a wallpaper scroll that’s been decorating the house’s living room since she was small, showing these two facing off. Since this spell is similar to opening an entire book and searching for a single passage to read, it actually costs more effort to prepare it than required, however, in exchange it offers high versatility. Different from the other mask abilities that would let Vivienne emulate a creature’s ability, here instead she channels them through herself to empower her body.
    Tengu ver. increases STR and AGI by one Rank (all stats are upgraded in accord), as well as granting wings, giving her flying mov. spd. (double of normal)

[煙々羅 影]
    Rank: E --- Element: Darkness --- Target: Self --- Duration: 10 Mins
    Emanates a cloud of mysterious smoke that is closer to solid darkness. This shrouds the user and makes it impossible to discern what is going on. Said cloud of smoke is in fact a crystallization of the Enenra’s smoke, a youkai that is known for being made of pure darkness and an extremely light, surnatural smoke. This can be deployed as a smoke screen or as optical camouflage when moving around at night.
    When used during night or in a dark place, grants E-Rank invisibility.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; December 6th, 2019 at 04:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday vs Anakim (Round 3, Turn 5)

Colors fade away into darkness and the radiance Lucille once beheld is no more. Gone, perhaps forever. Her eyes have melted away like tears, possibly strewn all over the floor. The lack of pain sends a chill down Lucille’s heart, but she can’t falter. She can’t. Even in the bleak darkness of the world, she must be a beacon for everyone else.

The nature of purpose is to carry on even when you would normally break. And so, Lucille, who normally would be crushed at the loss of the Lord’s myriad of colors, does not give up. She has a higher calling that can temporarily, at least, blot out all misery. This is devotion, pure and simple, to the role she must play.

Training with Sakura at least gives her a decent understanding of the situation—whatever lay in that artificial giant is now fleeing after this attack on her senses, and she cannot fault them for it. She lets them, if only because the door had been sealed shut and there’s no way to escape otherwise. But as long as they lay in the boundary of her power, she wouldn’t let them escape for free.

She drags herself to where she thinks Mercedes is, helplessly stumbling around on all fours, knife now pocketed. If Mercedes is alive, it’s fine. Doesn’t matter if she’s blind forever, all she needs is recognition that she managed to save at least one life. She was always meant to give her everything to the cause, and even if at the moment it might be literal, she is entirely fine with it.

Her eyes for a life is an acceptable deal.

Gently, she touches something, Mercedes’s arm, perhaps, and tries to feel for a pulse, anything.

-----

Blinded!
    Humilitas Occidit Superbiam: Activated (57/60 turns)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Anna only watched in silence at the scene unfolding in front of her. The source of the loud coughing had been a young raven-haired girl, no older than eleven or twelve years, draped in clothes far too large for her tiny frame. Asian from the looks of it, though like hell could she narrow it down any more than that.

She could see why Winters had ended up picking her up. The blonde seemed like the type to pick up strays down on their luck and the girl, whose coughs were now receding thanks to the liquid pouring down her throat, seemed to be purpose-made for that reason.

Despite her rather icy internal monologue, however, a glint of real relief did flicker in Anna’s ruby eyes as the girl’s episode retracted. At least for the time being.

"... She just suddenly started coughing like her lungs were about to come out. Something's... not right with her body. And I have no idea what."
    “It's only a temporary fix, nothing more. Anything more would require more time.” The implication behind Anna’s words was clear as day. “And unfortunately the situation at hand requires our full attention for the time being.”

There were five of them in the small kitchen. The girl, Gabi, Caleb, Anna herself, and Travis, who arrived shortly after she did. She was glad that those two were safe at the very least. And from the way the punk-like boy patted the Asian girl on the head, there was probably some sort of previous connection involved, but… Well, that could wait for when… if Winters and Dove returned. Considering the situation, she still wasn’t fully ready to bet on that outcome either.

“Blood has been spilled in this place, Caleb.” Anna’s eyes glinted dangerously in the melancholy light of the kitchen. “And my gut tells me a lot more of it will be spilled very soon.”

The atmosphere around the Estonian girl held a certain casual tenseness that could not be denied. It was not like the dangerous, almost predatory, air that surrounded Souma nor the raw, intense, fury that hung around Subari Iburi like a cloud dense smoke. No, it was more akin to… familiarity? Like an old war-horse, being saddled up for yet another hopeless charge. See enough of death and it becomes a part of you. Did the dead corpses outside not faze her because she had always expected things to end up like this? Or had she simply seen so much of it that the sight of corpses had become nothing but routine to her?

Regardless, for Anna Vandemeel, what was happening right now in Pinefall High was simply another act in a play that felt all too familiar to her.

“Be ready for anything.”

"Wait. Where the hell are those Coastrise morons?"

"I thought they were here."

"... They said they were going outside to talk with you lot,"

"Didn't... didn't you guys meet up with them?"
    “Who?” Anna’s eyes flickered instantly over to Travis and Caleb. “I swear, I leave for a day and the entire dorm is filled with half a dozen strangers that were never there before.”

“Did someone not find it suspicious that all these newcomers show up and then the next morning ends up like… this?!” Anna’s voice dropped in volume to something resembling a half-mutter. “... if they ended in a struggle with someone, we should have at least seen some signs of it on our way upstairs. Someone would have heard something at least. Especially if multiple people are involved.”

“They could be hiding somewhere separate, but that would make no sense…” Anna’s eyes flickered towards the kitchen door, before narrowing in suspicion. “...unless they didn’t trust absolutely anyone here. Or… there was someone around who they absolutely didn’t want to run into.”

“Caleb. When exactly did they leave? We talking minutes?”

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & John Dove
    [BGM]

It very quickly dawned upon John that there was no fixing the car, not without getting a new tire... and installing a new wheel as a whole, not that he looked at it closer. The whole left front of the car had been mangled by the collision with the bullet - clearly a powerful one considering how much damage it had done and how much it had ripped apart in the machine. There was nothing that could be done in a situation such as this, with a heavy breath of death hanging so closely around their shoulders. If the Mustang was ever going to be fixed, it would take a proper equipment and proper time... something they really didn't have now.

--- And Elaine Winters must have known that as well, for she rushed towards the hilltop with an inhuman speed.

It was fitting, of course, of her inhuman look at the moment. She was something that much more beast than a man right about now, and the ground quaked beneath her hurried steps as she dashed forward, expelling the energy of life from her limbs to proper herself forward, weaving and bopping around the sycamore trees to get into a proper position. The burst of sunshine that she had released in a turn of a hand had, certainly, made the would-be-sniper stop for a moment.

But she got the feeling that it wasn't because it had made her harder to hit.

No, the scope was still trained at her, she could feel it in her bones.

Which meant that the shooter must have been planning something else, something like---

["ALRIGHT, MUTT! WHY DON'T YOU CHILL A BIT! JUMPING TO ACTION IS NOT A BAD THING... BUT OH TOO PREDICTABLE!"]

Sudden noise.

Sudden voice.

A raspy, electronically magnified voice blared over the patch of forest that had become a battleground and a site of a car crash... in other words, somebody using a megaphone to make sure both Elaine and John heard her loud and clear. There was a militaristic sense of gravitas and pressure to that voice, the same sort of intonation and cadence that a drill sergeant would use to admonish new rookies... though with a much cruel tint to it than any drill sergeant could muster. They were, after all, not allowed to kill their charges.

But this woman... she wasn't even trying to hide her bloodlust.

["IN OTHER WORDS, STOP THERE AND RAISE YOUR HANDS UP! SAME GOES FOR MR. MONOCHROME OVER IN THE CAR!"]

Straight up orders and demanding ones at that, like a robber or a terrorist listing their demands to the police that were about to kick down the door.

Of course, that wasn't the problem in itself. The sniper could bark all she wanted. Only a moron would have stopped just because the enemy told them to.

But the thing was, when demands like these were made, it was usually with the looming threat of...

["IF YOU DON'T, WELL... CAN'T PROMISE JACK WHEN IT COMES TO THE SAFETY OF THESE TWO!"]

--- Hostages.

A dirty tactic, one of the dirtiest, no matter whether one was from the mundane world or from the turnside.

Those who resorted into taking hostages were the types to use all means available them to fight, which meant that the person they were up against... wasn't above just plain cheating.

First take out the car, then present hostages before they had time to recover.

But who...?

["AND SO THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU STAND TO LOSE... HERE! WHY DON'T YOU TWO SAY SOMETHING NICE!"]

Eerie five seconds of silence followed.

Along with sounds of the megaphone being forcibly shoved to the face of someone.

And then... then...

["J-JOHN! DON'T LISTEN TO HER, SHE'S GONE MAD! YOU TOO, ELAINE, IF SHE---"]

A loud screech of the equipment cut her off, as somebody else pushed forward.

["ELLIE! JOHNNIE! STAY AWAY! RUN!"]

Two voices... two hostages, as promised.

And those voices were utterly familiar to the point that it felt like the temperature of the forest dropped below zero. The first one was a voice often gentle, kinda and peppy - especially when she was making breakfast or lunch for the various students of the dorm, or excitedly planning on a beach party. The second one was a voice that was usually carefree and full of energy, teasing those around her with her boundless energy and apparent plan of making everyone her friend. But now... the voices sounded terrified, exhausted, and like they had been crying only moments before this.

--- First one was Sakura Tsukioka.

--- Second one was Ubon Sĕeklêun.

Yet... when it came to voices of the people involved... that wasn't even the worst thing. The worst thing was the voice of the third person, the sniper. a voice that was vaguely familiar to both of them, to whom they had talked to in passing and heard talking in the class. A rough, almost masculine, husky voice that liked telling bad jokes and complain whenever she lost at video games. A voice of a person who had never appeared either too isolated or too center of the attention. Somebody who had simply been content in staying in the background...

... But who now barked cruel orders with an odd, almost hollow echo in her voice.

Like her voice had dipped an octave and become even rougher.

["SO THERE YOU HAVE IT! STOP AND PUT YOUR HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEADS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM! AND JOHNNY-BOY, GET OUT OF THE CAR, WOULD YOU! I WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE!"]

--- The voice of Ramia Ramalsaqr.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

“Ah…”

Long, long moments passed as I just started at the weird set of symbols that were written on the paper.

“I see…”

Far as I could tell, it didn’t really look anything like a human language. Too fancy, impractical...Magical…

She must have been, in some way, to some degree, cursed. But with my absolute lack of knowledge in this matter…

“I’m sure it can be helped, though...Might need assistance with this,” I scratched my head as I gave the girl a sympathetic look, “But for now, err...Do you think you could help me get a better understanding of this language?”

I wasn’t very good at what I was trying to do, and I was sure that it wouldn’t be that simple...But at the very least, I wanted to try, just to get a better grasp on how serious this must be. And more importantly…

To try and help her. I could only imagine how miserable it could be, being shackled by something like this…

For the time being, I asked Gradient to help me assemble some sort of an alphabet of the language in correspondence with the english alphabet - something that could provide helpful later on anyways.

But other than that, as it turned out, there wasn’t much I could do. No matter how I tried to fit the message...It just ended up being gibberish. Which probably meant that either there was a very complicated cipher...Or none at all, and it was simply just a language on its own that I could not understand.

Was it really “understanding” that she needed though? If it’s a curse...Couldn’t it actually just be meaningless gibberish that cannot be comprehended? Wouldn’t that leave lifting the curse as the only option?

Maybe I should ask Pyry, once...if, he comes back.

“Gah…”

I wasn’t getting anywhere.

I gave up...For now.

“We’ll figure something out, okay?” I told Gradient with a small smile as I pat her head, “Just need to think a bit more about it.”

But my resolve was not lost, and that’s why I could tell her that with complete honesty. Because I still wanted to try my best to help her.

My attention turned to Aleen, who’s been just quietly observing us until now;

“Err…”

But I wasn’t entirely convinced what to do with her. From how she’s been behaving so far, it sounded like she was a normal human...Or at least she’s been pretending that she was - but either way, I didn’t want to take risks for now, and for that, I didn’t really want to get her a lot deeper into this than she already was.

“Before I end up spending the whole day here with her, maybe we really should just go back to the others. I told Souma that I would be back with you eventually, so...Shouldn’t make them worried.”

Worried...Right.

It’s me who is worried, and for whole other reasons.

“Right, something else that’s been on my mind...What was that you mentioned about Vier being a soldier or something? Is she like Ramia?”

Blog Entries
    Elise Pelltier

The only thing, in the end, that Elise Pelltier found underneath the array of blankets and sheets set to cover the gruesome corpse of Cesarina Feroce was a sight that made the morning only worse. It was the empty eye - the only one that properly remained - of the Italian girl stared back at her in that way only dead people can stare. At the same time, it became obvious that nothing "new" had been added to the corpse. No new wounds that Elise could found at least. It wasn't outside the realm of possibility that her bloodied hands had come from this... source... but at the same time, would the blood have been fresh?

Well... that was not a question that could really be answered, now or here.

It was best to get back to---

Suddenly.

A loud sound of shattering glass that fell and crashed upon the grass. This was followed by a low whoomph that resonated in the trees behind the main building, making them even sway a bit like a blast of air had gone off there. And, in the next second and a half, Elise could see how those very same trees creaked and shuddered aside as if something large and powerful had knocked into them while picking up speed, heading deeper into the forest... and out of the Pinefall High's hilltop.

What... what had that been?

Had something just crashed through the glass to get out of the school building on its backyard?

It had happened too fast for her to spot what it had been, but...

... Whatever it was didn't sound good.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday vs Anakim (Round 4, Turn 6)

Somewhere far behind, Lucille could hear the sound of ichor burning the flesh of something, followed by a garbled hiss of pain. However, at that very same time, she also heard the sound of something liquid and heavy flowing to the floor and hitting it in a way that sent sprays everywhere. This was, just as fast, followed by the sound of footfalls distancing... rapidly. Getting farther and farther away, up the stairs, towards... towards the poor building, of course. Yet, at the same time, out of the reach of her holy aura.

Yet, perhaps, that was not what was important right now.

Right now it was important to fumble through this darkness, as horrifying as it was, reign her radiance in a little bit to not collapse both rooms on top of her and Mercedes and find the actress before it was---

... There.

Lucille found her friend.

The flesh she touched was still warm, and though wet with blood, it wasn't the fading warmth of a corpse. It was the warmth of a body still struggling to stay alive. Searching for a pulse turned out to be a bit harder though. The part she had found was too large for Lucille's hand to get a good grip of, much less find somewhere to get a good pulse from. Soon it turned out that it wasn't needed, though - because after fumbling around for a bit, Lucille could hear a slight groan echo from a bit ahead, along with a pained cough that brought up something wet. Both sounds... they belonged to the startlet.

"... Gawd... stop trying to t-take advantage... of the situation, Lucy..." Mercedes weakly grunted, her voice sounding muffled. "... and stop fondling my... goddamn thigh... you perv..."

At least she had retained her... sense of humour?

But even though her voice was slightly flippant, it was easy enough to hear she was just putting on airs to mask the pain.

Something even the actress had to admit herself.

"Ugh... shit... I... I think I broke a rib there... hah..." Mercedes half-whispered, half-whimpered, and her chuckle sounded more like a hacking cough. "... and that the shrapnel... punctured, like... my lung... hurgh... hard to breathe... shit..."

She tried to act like nothing was wrong.

But even with her talent... this was one role that Mercedes couldn't shine in.

--> Round 4, Turn 7: Lucille Faraday

Blog Entries
    Vivienne Bianchi vs Devil's Dandy Dogs (Round 3, Turn 4)

--- Now that the initial exchange of blows was over, both parties were being much more careful.

Vivienne had taken to the skies, renewing the spectral energy that kept her wings beating the air and carrying her high above the wolfhounds. At the same time, she kept a close eye on the beasts... which was certainly a good idea. After all, the moment the wolves reached the thicker woods around the road, they slowed down their run and pressed against the ground. The clear idea was to blend themselves into the forest to make it harder for Vivienne to see them, perhaps even disappear completely before launching a new assault, a re-newed ambush so to speak.

... Luckily for her, Vivienne knew better than to let the monsters out of her sight.

Thus, even if they tried, they weren't able to hide from her perceptive glare.

However, the forest also posed another problem - namely that it gave decent cover from ranged attacks, especially physical ones, and especially from an opponent that hung high above the trees. And with only one more knife to her name, Vivienne hardly had the luxury to miss with the next shot she was about to take. After all, there was something of a growing concern now that she had kept her eyes on the mutts...

... Two of them should have died to the wounds they received.

Perhaps.

Yet they still trudged on, hunting her and waiting for her to come to the striking distance. Which meant... something odd was going on here.

--- No, not just here.

Because while the battle between Vivienne and the wolves raged around the road, the black-haired girl could hear a sudden, loud boom that echoed from up the mountainside.

Something had just... crashed... into the third floor of Owl's Nest Hotel.

[Devil's Dandy Dog 1, 2, 3: Stealth Skill Check: Failed!]

--> Round 4, Turn 5: Vivienne Bianchi

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday vs Anakim (Round 4, Turn 7)

“Well, I’m blind, so forgive me,” Lucille says, a mix of lament for the sense she lost and a slight wavering to her words, every breath a tremendous effort. Restraint was not something she was used to in this endeavor, but she knew for a fact that the room’s stability was declining, second by second, but she couldn’t afford having their assailant turning back around and finish the job like this. Wings of flame and crystal which would span the room shrink down, but even now she knows everything will slowly turn into glassy and polished heaven.

None of that changes anything. There is just Mercedes and her, broken, perhaps beyond repair.

“Maybe I can help you up, and we can get out,” she says, the hints of despair leaking into her voice. “I can’t really do anything else.”

It’s just like before, she thinks. She can’t do anything but watch, or in this case, hear, feel. Despite all the things that they tell her, the glory she is supposed to bring, when it comes to saving one life, she’s absolutely useless.

He dies, she dies, and Lucille can’t do anything about it.

Lucille isn’t sure when she started crying, only that she is now, and no matter how many times she reminds herself she is supposed to set an example, the tears just don’t stop.

“I’m sorry,” she forces out amidst sobs. Lucille moves herself a bit, to help support Mercedes if she can move and hopefully the two of them can walk out, but it feels impossible to do when everything is so dark.

“I’msorryI’msorryI’msorry…”
    Last edited by Katie; December 8th, 2019 at 06:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “Caleb. When exactly did they leave? We talking minutes?”
    The artist looked even more confused than before, and scratched the back of his head in a slightly confused manner. He spared a glance to Gabi, looking for some help from the androgynous boy who had also descended deep into thought... but found no answer there. It was clear that none of them had been keeping a close track of time, especially on a day like this and with stuff like this happening... though then again it was that very same 'stuff' that eventually made the artist snap his fingers and turn back towards Anna.

"Ah, right. They weren't here when the little one got sick. Must have left... five or ten minutes before that," Caleb said to the raven-haired girl. "So in total, they've been gone for ten-to-fifteen minutes. Not that long but... it's definitely weird. If they'd gotten out they would have run into you guys."

Travis snorted upon hearing this. For some reason the thug-like boy had knelt beside the table and was now spreading the small girl's eyelids a bit to take a good look at her pupils. He even snapped his fingers around her head in a rather... professional manner, clearly checking both her hearing and how she was responding to stimuli after her bout of illness. More or less satisfied the boy then tousled her hair once more, finally settling down on one of the chairs. When he turned towards the rest of the group, he looked as sour as usual.

"Scarecrow here's got it right. Those guys were suspicious as fuck, especially with today's events. That Minato guy... he had the eyes of someone who'd be ready to kill if someone crossed those sisters of his," Travis spoke, not mincing his words. "The older sister must've been on drugs or something and the younger... psh. Gotta be something wrong with her too. No sane person would come here outta their own will. Especially if they had managed to avoid 'capture'. Had they been sane, they would've just skipped the town when the school didn't come looking for them. But instead, they came here... talk 'bout suspicious."

It was a fair point to bring up, and one even Caleb seemed to agree. While the artist didn't share the spiteful sentiments of the other boy, the idea that there was something strange going on with the Coastrise siblings, especially now that they had disappeared, was resonating with him. At least enough that he once more turned towards Anna, and...

"They certainly didn't seem to trust anyone. Especially Minato, who... well, from what I saw, he expected the worst from everyone he met. So he wouldn't even give them a chance," Caleb said with a hint of sarcasm, as if he could relate. "So I wouldn't be surprised. If they went to hiding, that is. But where would you even hide in these dorms..."

While the artist clearly meant to leave the question hanging in the air... there was a surprising answer to it.

Answer coming with the unsure, downcast tone that Gabi Bahkauv always spoke with.

The androgynous boy pointed at the doorway, and spoke three words:

"...... The closed section......"

Which immediately made Caleb and Travis grimace.

Hisa Momoi

“Before I end up spending the whole day here with her, maybe we really should just go back to the others. I told Souma that I would be back with you eventually, so...Shouldn’t make them worried.”
    Aleen blinked, shaken awake from her daze that she had fallen into while watching Hisa and Gradient try to work some way to break through the language barrier. Perhaps it had been the efficiency that which they had tried to solve it, and how one after another a wall had come to block their progress - almost like the barrier was a living thing fighting against them - but something in the process had clearly caught the bluehead's interest. She had not piped up with a word, instead giving the duo a total peace to work in.

And now she was awoken from her "trance" by Hisa suddenly talking to her.

"H-huh, buwha...? O-oh! Sure! We should totes let others know we're A-okay," Aleen answered with a sheepish smile. "I mean... it'd be cruel to hide away from others after all the bad crap that's been going down today. They might think we're missing too... o-or worse."

Shivering a bit at the thought, Aleen jumped up from her seat and stretched, preparing to head out. However, before they did leave, Hisa asked one more question from the bluehead... a one that was a bit more serious in tone. Even Gradient, who had been focusing on the writing so far, turned to look at Aleen and how she would answer.

“Right, something else that’s been on my mind...What was that you mentioned about Vier being a soldier or something? Is she like Ramia?”
    "H-huh? Ramia? Oh, right, she's... a child soldier, right? Or sumthing like that? I... honestly, I guess it might be sumthing similar with Vier, too," Aleen spoke, fumbling a bit with her words and looking slightly guilty from sharing this. "I can't be totally sure, but the way Vier acts sometimes... it's like she's a machine. Tries to always be optimal in her answers, takes a moment to consider what to say, heck, even her laughter feels a bit... I dunno, artificial? It's like she doesn't exactly know how humans act - like a soldier who's been on a battlefield for too long. And then there was that time we were chasing this, erm, guy I know and some other guy kicked Vier in the head and she was being all professional about being attacked like that and, and... gah... it was weird."

Aleen let out a deep sigh and shook her head, clearly not sure what exactly to think about her friend.

"... I dunno, it feels bad to doubt her, but..." Aleen muttered, instinctively hugging herself a bit. "... it feels like she ain't trusted me one bit from when we met to now."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    "Ah, right. They weren't here when the little one got sick. Must have left... five or ten minutes before that,"

"So in total, they've been gone for ten-to-fifteen minutes. Not that long but... it's definitely weird. If they'd gotten out they would have run into you guys."
    “Ten to fifteen minutes…” Anna’s eyes closed momentarily - a brief moment to collect her thoughts. “They must still be in the building, at the very least. No. It could be that they left after we came to the upper floor.”

“Though, I would expect we would still hear the opening or closing of the front door if that was the case.”

"Scarecrow here's got it right. Those guys were suspicious as fuck, especially with today's events. That Minato guy... he had the eyes of someone who'd be ready to kill if someone crossed those sisters of his,"

"The older sister must've been on drugs or something and the younger... psh. Gotta be something wrong with her too. No sane person would come here outta their own will. Especially if they had managed to avoid 'capture'. Had they been sane, they would've just skipped the town when the school didn't come looking for them. But instead, they came here... talk 'bout suspicious."
    “So it was three of them...”

Anna didn’t find the description of their mental state suspicious in itself. In fact, it would have been far more suspicious for them to be perfectly stable individuals, considering the orientation of the educational facility they had found themselves in. And though this… “Minato's” seeming proclivity towards violence was suspicious in itself, it wasn’t truly conclusive either way. If he truly cared for her sisters, it wouldn’t be that suspicious in itself for him to become overly protective, considering the circumstances.

But what was really problematic was not that these newcomers were missing in itself…

"...... The closed section......"
    ...it was what they were going to do about it.

The current situation was not optimal. If a fight did end up breaking out, protecting both the young girl and Gabi would prove to be difficult. Especially in the cramped hallways of the Dorm. In this regard, Anna’s instincts were screaming at her to cut her losses with the strangers and relocate to a more favorable position. Doubly so if there was a chance of conflict with these newcomers. Whether that be due to their guilt or their sheer distrust was a question all of its own.

“This is not a good place to stay either way. The fact that there is only one exit cuts off our potential escape routes. It also forces us into tight spaces and stops us from taking advantage of our numbers should the need arise.”

“As distasteful as it sounds, I’d suggest we ignore the strangers for the time being and head outside. Maybe not directly in front of the dorm, but somewhere with loads of open space and ways to run away, if necessary. Something like the stadium perhaps.” Anna’s eyes flickered over towards the Asian girl for a moment. “Splitting up is also not very advisable at the moment and neither I would I suggest going trapezing through the closed section with all five of us.”

“Especially considering that brats… health issues.”

Elise Pelltier

Elise slowly put the blankets back down, having confirmed that Cesarina had remained undisturbed, and feeling rather unsettled by the unblinking gaze of her remaining eye.

So where did this blood come from... thought Elise as she stared at her hands, Sometimes, I hate that I live in a world where 'I just killed someone and then their body magically disappeared' is actually a plausible scenario.

Elise sighed to herself, Well, I'm not going to find any answers here, so I might as well go and get cleaned up-

Her thought was interrupted when a sudden crash and shattering of glass broke the silence. On the other side of the main building, Elise could hear something flee into the forest, away from the school, seemingly with little care for the trees in its way.

"What the hell was that?" exclaimed Elise.

Already standing, little more thought was given to the unclean state of her hands as she rushed towards the initial source of the disturbance. She ran towards the front door of the main building, hoping to figure out where the window that had burst open had been, and what had just left the school grounds in such a hurry.

Please let everyone be okay this time.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ramia Ramalsaqr
    “SO THERE YOU HAVE IT! STOP AND PUT YOUR HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEADS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM! AND JOHNNY-BOY, GET OUT OF THE CAR, WOULD YOU! I WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE!”
    “Aren’t I supposed to feel glad and excited when a pretty girl says she wants to see me?”

The new, unfortunately familiar, and oh-so-very hostile voice interrupted John’s examination of the car. Perhaps, to this point, he had carried the empty hope that this was an “us-versus-them” situation, that the Pinefall students could, with the right encouragement, present a united front against the external threat set upon them. However, today is the day hope dies.

Ramia Ramalsaqr has taken Sakura and Ubon hostage.

Something, some sort of sound, half sigh half growl, escapes John Dove’s lips. There is only static in his mind, and the gritting of his teeth only adds to it. He takes a hand to his head, struggling against growing headache. Screaming voices swirl amidst the static, pulling him in opposite directions.

What does he know? What can he do? What should he do?

Ramia Ramalsaqr…he has nothing on her. The number of direct interactions between them amounts to zero. He has a basic grasp of the appearance she projects from what he has seen during classes and the beach party, but that’s about it. Why she has a gun, the circumstances in which she learned how to use them—those things escape his knowledge, but he can guess it does not involve an innocent tale of parent and child bonding over the shared activity of hunting wild game.

Threat assessment. He does not know the maximum range of her weapon. He does know she has at least enough visual on him to tell he is not unconscious or dead in the car, which is also enough visual to put a bullet in his skull, he guesses. Yes, it is more than likely Ramalsaqr could fire at him anytime she wanted, but if he were in her place…Ramalsaqr is likely correctly assessing Elaine as the superior threat and keeping her scope on her.

The hostages. When, how, and why did those two end up in that situation? Why specifically Sakura and Ubon? It is almost as if somebody with a very misguided image of John Dove prepared this scenario explicitly to grab his attention.

“Technically, we are missing Elise Marie to complete the image, hypothetical mastermind,” he murmurs to nobody at all. “Make her Ramia’s accomplice for an extra plot-twist.”

The car could be repaired, with tools and parts he does not have. Is he confident in his probability to take off on his own and try to reach the sheriff’s office? Can he reliably find blind spots to avoid Ramalsaqr’s line of fire? Can he trust Elaine, lycanthrope or whatever, to handle this situation by herself? She set off at tremendous, maybe even superhuman speed. How far did she make it? Assuming Ramalsaqr’s hostage threat made her stop, how long would she need to cover the remaining distance? Without the ability to communicate with each other, can he trust her instinct to figure out what she has to do from his actions?

Everything is questions. There are no answers. It is the microcosm of life in the hollow world. By number of people involved, the correct choice is to prioritize the situation at school over this. Regardless, all these questions and issues are truly beyond worthless. Any amount of consideration towards any of them has no meaning.

After all, John Dove made his choice the very moment he heard Sakura’s voice through the megaphone.

“Haa…”

He looks thoroughly done with this whole situation as he steps out of the car.

“Seriously, are these grayscale people trying to out-stupid each other or what…?”

With a slight slouch and hands in his pockets, John Dove makes the most unimpressive image as he placidly walks after Elaine Winters, towards the “house on the hill”. Towards the source of the threat.

Towards Sakura and Ubon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

“Kicked...in the face?” I asked with my eyebrows raised, slightly puzzled by this piece of information, “How did that even...Well, nevermind.”

I tried to recollect what I knew about Vier - but just like how it was with Aleen, it was...very little. The only proper conversation we’ve had - if it can even be called that - was back when we were practicing for the song, which gave me a pretty neutral impression about her…And on the few occasions I’ve seen her, she was hanging out with Aleen, which would give me the impression that she valued her company the most out of all the people in the class…

“I don’t really know Vier and her circumstances so it doesn’t exactly feel right to make assumptions, but...We’re all here for a reason. And Vier’s reason might just be that...what you described, you know?”

The situation felt kind of comical. Me, of all people, trying to be smart and give advice about social issues, when I’m pretty much a failure myself in this regard...Even if it’s because I am what I am.

“I’ve...had my fair share of trust issues. Sure, there can be many reasons for it, and once again I don’t know Vier, but...Maybe it’s not her fault, and maybe it makes her just as miserable. Maybe she wants to trust you, but a subtle, yet harrowing thought at the back of her mind just keeps making her question herself and those around her…A thought that a person can often not so easily defeat on their own.”

Something that is haunting me too up to this moment.

“I also know how scary the thought of hurting someone dear to you with your actions can be. So much that it makes you act weird and doubt yourself even in simple situation, even when there is no reason to do so…”

I stopped for a moment, lightly tapping my lips with my index finger as I tried to fit things into the picture;

“Like how she might have acted all professional so that you wouldn’t get too scared or worried. Or how she thinks over what she says and does so that she can do what she thinks is the best for you.”

I lowered my hand - and grabbed the strap of my bag again - and looked Aleen in the eyes.

“She might just value you more than you would think. But you are here now, and she is not, which makes me assume that this issue caused some complications...and that she must be feeling pretty hurt about it right now.”

I shrugged, then started walking again.

“But that’s just my theory. I might be wrong, but at the very least, I don’t think you should be wandering around on your own, and if you care about her, you shouldn’t leave her alone either.”

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday vs Anakim (Round 5, Turn 8)

"G-gawd... quit sobbing already... I-I'm the one who should be crying like a bitch here because of the pain... right?"

Mercedes, still putting up her usual mask, grunted in a painful manner as Lucille started helping her up. The actress's body was wet with blood, and with her hands Lucille could feel that there were many cuts and bruises on her - especially her back which felt like one big wound. Having been rammed into the concrete wall like that... it was a small wonder that her spine was still working. No, judging from the way that Mercedes practically slumped against Lucille's frame... it might not have been working properly anymore. She could barely stay upright, needing the help of her friend now more than ever.

But as Mercedes awkwardly put her arm around Lucille and let the blonde help her rise to her feet, Mercedes apparently glanced towards Lucille's face for the first time, because...

"H-holy shit...! Lucy, what the hell is... ghk, ow, ow, shit, ow..." Mercedes started, but her reaction had managed to make pain shoot up her body. "Goddammit... that smarts... why does it have to hurt so much...?"

Still, the starlet fought through the pain and shifted her weight a little, perhaps to look at Lucille proper. And after gathering her bearings as best as she could, she continued.

"L-Lucy, I... I know you got, like, that full 'Angel of Destruction' thing going on h-here... and believe, I have so many questions regarding that... but..." Mercedes spoke, stammered, and then pressed. "... But, like, why are your eyes so small?"

... What?

That was a weird question to ask.

Weird question to even put into words.

But when Mercedes finally did... Lucille realized that no longer was her world completely gone, unable to catch even a single image of the reality around her. Instead, she was slowly starting to recognize shapes... recognize colours, recognize things. She started seeing the vaguely humanoid shape that was leaning on her, she started seeing the reality of the basement that was being corroded by her current existence, she started seeing the puddle of... some sort of fleshy ooze on the ground where the giant had fallen just moments ago... Slowly, yet surely, her field of vision was returning to normal, and though she couldn't see it herself, judging from Mercedes's words... her eyes were growing back?

"O-okay... that looks super freaky, Lucy..." Mercedes commented, weakly pointing at the blonde student's eyes.

It must have, but at the same time the fact that she was regaining her eyes once more... it felt like a miracle if any. Even if the world that was revealed around Lucille was not the most optimal one. The office had more or less been converted by His presence, and the boiler room was fast on its way. The giant from before had melted into a pile of grey goo that contained some fleshy, chunky bits that were slowly melting. Even the door leading to the stairs in the office had just... melted away completely, and the culprit behind the attack had escaped that way. The battle had been won, but at quite the cost.

After all, just looking at Mercedes...

... She was struggling with every passing second.

The actress was covered in blood, her back was more or less open and her whole posture was oddly twisted thanks to the damage to her spine. Bone was sticking out of her right arm, the one she had used to guard herself, and there was a huge gash on her forehead which now continued to bleed upon her face... yet despite that, there was a defiant expression, as always, on her face.

"... S-still... like, what the hell are you? Some sort of guardian angel? B-because you chose, ghk, one nasty bitch to watch over... haha..." Mercedes joked, trying coughed up a little blood for her efforts. "... Dammit... you know, I'd question an angel that can heal or, like, make some miracles but... if that's the case... we need that Canadian frump. She knew something 'bout, like, first aid and stuff... and then Ms. Leuzinger's office... I bet she has useful stuff there..."

And with that, Mercedes nodded towards the door that led into the staircase.

Lucille Faraday VS. Anakim - Battle Ended!

New Ability Witnessed!
    Anakim
    STR: B -> F END: A -> F AGI: D -> F WIL: E -> F INT: ? -> F EGO: ? -> F

Perks:

Indestructible Toughness

Hurting you physically is almost impossible task with most weapons and abilities. You shrug off attacks like they were nothing and keep coming no matter what the enemy throws at you. Swords and bullets bounce off and your skin won't even get cut or wounded. When you take this Perk, your base natural physical defense amount is doubled. However, this Perk marks you as an aberrant even on the turnside of the world, a power not gained without a price. It will invoke a negative Perk custom-tailored to you by the GM.

Extremely Healthy
    It takes a lot to take you out permanently. You can take attacks and keep on keeping on thanks to your robust health. It might be tenacity, it might be because of your fast regenerative properties, it might be because simply because your body is unlike that of most humans. Whatever the case, you're harder to take out than most. When you take this Perk, double the amount of maximum HP you gain from Endurance. However, this Perk marks you as an aberrant even on the turnside of the world, a power not gained without a price. It will invoke a negative Perk custom-tailored to you by the GM.

Abilities:

Matthew's Meltdown
    OP Cost: 3 OP?

An ESP activated by snapping of one's fingers to produce vibrations in the air that carry out the effect. Target one individual within 5 meters. If their INT Defense is 2 or lower, choose one of their natural senses from sight, hearing, smell, taste or touch. The most appropriate and important sensor of this chosen sense is melted into liquid, thus removing it from use - applying a corresponding status effect. However, when weak this application cannot permanently destroy one's sense. The body naturally repairs this impossibility in ? (2?) Rounds. Other information pending...
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; December 10th, 2019 at 01:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “As distasteful as it sounds, I’d suggest we ignore the strangers for the time being and head outside. Maybe not directly in front of the dorm, but somewhere with loads of open space and ways to run away, if necessary. Something like the stadium perhaps. Splitting up is also not very advisable at the moment and neither I would I suggest going trapezing through the closed section with all five of us. Especially considering that brats… health issues.”
    Travis cocked an eyebrow at this.

"The sports field... you sure, Scarecrow? That place seems super open and... dunno, with one of the corpses already having a gun-wound on their forehead, that doesn't feel too secure. Personally I'd suggest one of the classrooms. Shit, even the cafeteria. That's got plenty of cover and more than few ways to leave the building," the thug-like boy suggested, pointing his thumb out the window. "Besides, it's still pretty chilly outside. If we take the brat out there, well... dunno if she'll get any better, at least."

Gabi, who had been watching all this unfolding after saying his piece about his suspicions, and having alluded to the closed-off section of the dormitory, looked at himself... and then at the small girl currently sitting at the table. Back to himself, and back to the girl. Back to himself, and back to the girl. Finally, he glanced at Anna, a light of realization glimmering in his eye.

"... I can borrow her a jacket..." Gabi muttered, nodding towards the little patient. "... almost the same size..."

Well now that the boy mentioned it...

... They were pretty much similar in size.

"Actually. The cafeteria's not a bad choice. In a way," Caleb suddenly spoke up, looking straight at Anna. "It has big windows, through which it's easy to escape. The back entrance of the kitchen. The entrances to the hallway. Lots of tables to use if we need in... various ways. Easy to escape, easy to defend."

Then, just for a moment, an odd shadow passed by his face. A shadow that was aimed at the direction of the raven-haired girl, almost like he was telling her to think properly she made a decision.

"... And while it can be for both bad or good, in the cafeteria..." Caleb started, searching for a moment for the right words. "I don't know if you noticed. But in that room..."

His eyes narrowed.

"... The things that we can do. People like you and I, Anna. They... do not work."

Gabi, hearing that, tilted his head in confusion.

Travis, too, looked just as confused.

Blog Entries
    Elise Pelltier

Elise ran.

The front doors of the main building were getting closer and closer, the view of the window that John had broken becoming clearly visible. At the same time as the brunette accelerated into a run, she could feel how her breathing became almost instantly raspy and her lungs felt like they were burning up as she dashed... but why? This wasn't normal. She was in a good shape physically, so why had such a sudden burst of energy gotten her so winded in almost an instant?

It felt almost like...

Almost like...

... Not long before she had "awakened" from her stupor, she had done something that required physical extertion.

But.

There was no time to think about that.

Something had happened behind the school, and the shortest route to find out what had happened was straight into the main building. That was why Elise swung the door open, stepped in and dashed down the corridor, heading straight to the intersection at the center of the building. Even though breathing was hard, even though her muscles demanded rest, even though her mind was freaking out over what had happened.

And---

And---

And---

Hisa Momoi & Elise Pelltier

“She might just value you more than you would think. But you are here now, and she is not, which makes me assume that this issue caused some complications...and that she must be feeling pretty hurt about it right now. But that’s just my theory. I might be wrong, but at the very least, I don’t think you should be wandering around on your own, and if you care about her, you shouldn’t leave her alone either.”
    Aleen was silent, if but for a moment.

Then she sniffed.

Wiped her nose.

... And beamed a sort smile towards Hisa.

"... You know, you totes have a point," the bluehead answered. "I'mma give her another chance. I might've gotten scared and panicked before... started thinking stuff I shouldn't have... but she does deserve a chance. I mean, even if she wasn't willing to trust me... I guess I should. I'll give her another chance, I'll trust her again, and if she doesn't return that... well, then I know. But if she does, we can try again. And I'll know I wasn't just some... I dunno, smokescreen to act like a normal human to her."

Awkwardly, Aleen scratched the back of her head, and even in the dark of the corridor, it was clear that she was blushing quite brilliantly.

"Y-you know, despite being so grumpy and distant in the class..." Aleen started, glancing at the scarred girl. "... You're super nice, aren'cha, Hisa?"

Letting out a rather embarrassed chuckle, Aleen hurried to join Hisa and Gradient who were walking ahead of her. The trio had left the library-slash-classroom behind, rounded the corner at the intersection and then headed through the doorway back into the stairwell. There they saw, once again, the smashed-through window that Pyry had crashed into... and the remaints of the window itself down below on the grass outside. And while Hisa and Gradient had seen the reason for this destruction and mayhem that had happened, for Aleen this was her first time seeing it. The bluehead let out a small gasp and hurried to the mid-way landing of the staircase, gazing down from the broken window. Cold wind blew from the outside, making the girl shiver a bit.

"W-w-what the heck happened here?" Aleen asked, turning back towards Hisa. "Did someone get t-thrown through here? There's almost nothing left of the glass. And--- Oh! H-hey, Elise!"

... Something had changed on the first floor.

As Hisa arrived to the mid-way landing as well, she could see what had caught Aleen's interest over the broken window. There, in the intersection that was situated right at the center of the building... was their brunette classmate - Elise Pelltier. And... she was the only one here. The sheet covering the body was still there, as well as the humanoid shape underneath it, but other than that... there was nobody else. Souma was gone. Not a trace of the mysterious boy remained, other than some ash from his cigarette on the lower steps. No sounds came from the faculty office, meaning that either Hwan and Kean were quiet too... or that they had disappeared off to somewhere as well.

There was only Elise Pelltier.

Elise Pelltier who... kept smiling at them.

Smiling widely. Crudely. Vulgarly. Like a madman.

Her eyes bulging out and with her whole row of teeth revealed in a happy... if unnatural, grin.

"... H-Hisa...?" Aleen squeaked in a whisper, taking a step back. "What's... what's that on Elise's hands...?"

To her other side, Hisa could hear Gradient rumble... almost like the mysterious girl was growling. And not without a reason. After all, Elise's palms... they were coated with something bright red and wet. Something that looked far too fresh. Something that made her statue-like stand in the middle of that intersection even more unsettling.

And as if this all wasn't enough.

As if there wasn't enough of a mystery here.

------ Suddenly.

Elise's expression fell, her eyes blinked...

And Elise found herself in the middle of the intersection in the main building, staring confusedly at Hisa Momoi, Aleen King and the nameless mystery girl, with no idea when she had gotten here.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

The dogs had tried to break line of sight, but Vivienne's watchful gaze had kept their attempts at fading away in check. The sound of the calamitous force crashing into Owl's Nest had not distracted her, but the masked girl had clearly noticed it enough to glance in its direction for a moment. She remembered what Prushka had done to her, but also realized that the effect of the fear was already disappearing -- was this just the little girl's ability that was wearing out naturally, or... did something cause it to wear out faster than it should? Vivienne had no knowledge on what Prushka actually did to her, so at best she could only speculate... but speculation wasn't going to help her much here.

"These dogs indeed are most cautious even if we only have one dagger left... let us see how patient they are!"

Vivienne swooped down, but not to go get her daggers, rather it seemed like she was following the road, moving towards owl's nest. Was she retreating again, losing altitude to gain some more speed? Or did her worry of Prushka's status overcome her logic? But then, she was supposed to be an emotionless girl...

... whatever the case was, the dogs were presented with a prey that had once more taken to trying to escape.

Status

HP 13
    STR E (D)
    END E
    AGI B (A)
    WIL ?
    INT B
    EGO ?
    [妖] has been renewed! Lasts for 4 Turns.
    Movement Speed Doubled, gain Flight. AGI and STR + 1 Rank, Intimidation and Athletics Boosted to Rank B.

Equipment

Shards of Mjolnir
    Rank: E --- AP Cost: Free --- Damage: +2 --- Element: Steel --- Type: Weapon Arc-Relic, Throwing --- Range: Melee - 12.5m
    A set of black-metal daggers stored in an elaborate sheath. While not indestructible, they are made of fine dwarven steel, and thus prove to be supernaturally resilient, easily keeping a sharp edge. They double as both thrown and melee weapons.
    A set of 10 Daggers.

Revealed Abilities

[Persona of the Wild Parade : 百鬼夜行]
    Rank: F --- Element: Soul --- Target: Self --- Duration: 1 Hour
    A mask crafted to resemble the masks of Asia. Its main shape is evocative of the famous Kitsune mask of Japan’s Shinto culture, but upon closer inspection on can discern the presence of many other mask’s details, such as fellow Japanese Tengu masks, Chinese Shigong Masks, and Korean Sandae. While most of the masks featured in here are either decorative or bear a ritual purpose, each mask represents great beasts and beings from East Asian myths. This mask when donned tends to display an overall confident, yet cautious personality that relishes in combat. Out of the masks vivienne has at her disposal, most likely the one best geared towards proper combat. Its spells greatly enhance the offensive power available at her disposal, allowing her to deal with foes in a much swifter and effective manner than if she was using her other masks. A testament perhaps, to the prowess and might of all the beasts embellishing this mask.
    Gives access to the Spells: ???, [妖] & [煙々羅 影].
    Grants Intimidation and Athletics Skill rank equal to Occult Rank as long as it is worn.

[妖]
    Rank: B --- Element: Curse --- Target: Self --- Duration: 5 Turns
    Ayakashi, a general portmanteau term that encompasses an extremely wide spectrum of beasts. Even some divine creatures could be lumped in there -- however, this version of the spell is limited due to Vivienne’s lack of knowledge concerning East Asian Folklore, as well as being not too experienced herself yet in crafting of Ceremonial Magic Masks. At the moment, the ‘empowerments’ that this mask can give are limited to the Japanese Youkai: Tengu and ???. Vivienne knows them from a wallpaper scroll that’s been decorating the house’s living room since she was small, showing these two facing off. Since this spell is similar to opening an entire book and searching for a single passage to read, it actually costs more effort to prepare it than required, however, in exchange it offers high versatility. Different from the other mask abilities that would let Vivienne emulate a creature’s ability, here instead she channels them through herself to empower her body.
    Tengu ver. increases STR and AGI by one Rank (all stats are upgraded in accord), as well as granting wings, giving her flying mov. spd. (double of normal)

[煙々羅 影]
    Rank: E --- Element: Darkness --- Target: Self --- Duration: 10 Mins
    Emanates a cloud of mysterious smoke that is closer to solid darkness. This shrouds the user and makes it impossible to discern what is going on. Said cloud of smoke is in fact a crystallization of the Enenra’s smoke, a youkai that is known for being made of pure darkness and an extremely light, surnatural smoke. This can be deployed as a smoke screen or as optical camouflage when moving around at night.
    When used during night or in a dark place, grants E-Rank invisibility.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; December 12th, 2019 at 02:45 PM.