Page 88 of 244 FirstFirst ... 38788386878889909398138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

“No, I…I am fine. I am not the one to worry about at the moment.”

He truly must be out of it, if his mien shows cause for concern.

“Another thing. The girl I found, she was murdered with a firearm. We must consider the possibility that there is somebody out here carrying a gun. Please be cautious in the extreme.”

As much as John wants to deny this hollow world surrounding him, it does not mean he is up to being shot to prove the world’s falsity.

“Hopefully, Travis Gagnon and Hwan Bin will find Colton and Inacio in the pool or its vicinity. And Mr. Briggs as well.”

And hopefully alive.

“Who else is missing? Alexstrasza…has anybody seen her? She was Miss Feroce’s friend; I cannot help but worry.”

Of course, he has already considered the other possibilities.

Alexstrasza killed Cesarina Feroce. A so-called “crime of passion” John cannot possibly fathom.

Alexstrasza was in fact the first person to find the dead Cesarina Feroce, before Pyry and Miss Iburi, and she is already acting on her own.

This murder has inexorably tainted Alexstrasza Lockhart’s radiance. That, if anything, is a loss.

Regardless, the matter remains of their next course of action. Hisa Momoi spoke of the likely behavior of the police and the locals after an event such as this, but this is merely an offshoot of something else. John can only imagine what went through his classmates while he was away, but he is confident in his presumptions.

This thick, prickling miasma of distrust and suspicion, lurking in their eyes, their body language, is all too familiar. Truly, it’s almost like being back…in any of his former places of residence. He has absolutely no interest in joining the hateful circle of accusations. Pinefall was supposed to be different.

And seriously, who is that girl with the hair of indecipherable color and clothes that do not entirely fit her? John Dove is not particularly fond of being ignorant.

“Momoi, I understand your sentiment, but the fact remains that the longer we take to report this, the more justification we give law enforcement to mistrust us. That would be true even without…whatever reputation we may or may not have.”

He was about to say a little too much. On another note, he would have thought he was not the only one at Pinefall well aware of what he just said.

“If the reactions of the locals make you wary, you can always shield yourself behind Mr. Oceandrop. He is the one who has the most to lose from this tragedy. He should be the main target of whatever backlash from Road’s End.”

Callous words. Not that John Dove would be aware of something like that.

“Elaine, if you can drive to the sheriff’s station, that would be useful. Whether they can handle this situation or not, it is nonetheless their duty to deal with it, and keeping this from them for any length of time would be another crime.”

Pale-faced that he is, John turns to take a solemn look at what once was Cesarina Feroce.

“We…just have to bear with it.”

That’s how it always goes. He just has to endure, all the while never letting go of what truly matters. In a cruel way, Cesarina Feroce might be the fortunate one, for her tribulations are already over.

“Somebody has to stay with the other corpse, so that the crime scene is not disturbed. Preferably more than one person; we must keep in mind the possibility that the shooter may still be in the vicinity.”

Which brings him to perhaps the more important matters. Or perhaps his lying mind is already too predisposed to sustaining a certain image of "propriety".

“So, who else is missing? And does anybody know where to look for any of the teachers? No, before that, is Miss Iburi alright?”
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; November 8th, 2019 at 11:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

In contrary to what I expected, Aleen didn’t explode immediately. In that regard, she took it well. She did her best to deny, rationalize, and accept it. Seeing Aleen like this didn’t make me happy. I understand she needed to know what happened and how she’s in danger. If I lied to make her feel better now, it would have greater consequences later. Holding up the charade that nothing happened would only end badly and make Aleen more susceptible to being a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "M-murdered... but that's... that's impossible... why would anyone, Cesarina was just... she was just a bombastic idiot… W-w-why would anyone wanna harm her... she never did anything to a-anyone…

N-no... no...! That doesn't make any sense! P-people just don't kill e-e-each other...!"
    I held my tongue. There’s several reasons why someone would kill without any interaction with someone. Venting their anger, money, orders, fun, and more. They were all “valid” reasons why a person can just feel like killing others. Splashing that cold reality rapidly into Aleen’s face wouldn’t help her improve. If anything, it’ll break her.

"N-not unless they're completely e-e-emotionless and unable to feel basic h-human fee---!"
    At those words, Aleen looked at me. Not in the usual, goofy way like I was used to. No, this was the complete opposite of those goofy looks. She was afraid of me… To make things worse, she started to subconsciously tried to gain distance from me as if I was going to kill her next. The girl who was jumped in front of my stunned body to protect me was nowhere to be seen. Instead in front of me was a girl cowering at an emotionless killer. If only that was the case… A cold, unfeeling weapon wouldn’t even note this.

"... H-hey. Vier. Where were you last night...?"
    “Lightly reading a book before falling asleep in my room. But... Right now to you, it’s just an alibi from an emotionless killer. ”

For the first time, I took a step back from Aleen. For the brief time that I’ve been here, I always took the step to Aleen. First to use her knowledge, then to fix her issues, and finally just because I wanted to be around my friend. The first honest friend, I’ve had in years. I wanted to stay around, but I was the issue. And the best solution to an issue is to remove it from the equation. I tried to give her the best reassuring look I could. I knew it was failing even if I knew exactly what muscles to move and when to move them.

“You should head back to the kitchen when you can.” I started walking out of the hallway and around Aleen, “I’m going to keep watch somewhere in the stairwell.”

Right before I fully left, I turned back around one last time. I attempted to give a smile, but I couldn’t even toss up the fake smile that everyone was probably used to.

“Let me know if you need anything.”

And I left. I went into the stairwell and found an appropriate place to keep overwatch. Good enough to stop anything from approaching the stairs. Close enough to run upstairs in a moment. Far enough from Aleen so that she doesn’t have to deal with a killer.

If only I was a cold, unfeeling weapon. They didn’t care if someone doubted them. They didn’t care about other people’s opinions. All they did was kill what they were aimed at and that was it. A simplicity that I wish I had at this moment… again

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters, Elise Pelltier, Hisa Momoi & John Dove

Pyry sighed heavily and let his back hit the wall, seeking some sort of support from there. The stress was beginning to show clearly on his face, and the way he was looking more and more tired with each new revelation that hit the group. Not only had somebody murdered Cesarina Feroce in an unnecessarily brutal way, but now there was another dead girl... this one shot with a handgun... which brought to mind many other horror scenarios. And then there was the matter of the main building being locked, students missing, the janitor not being anywhere in sight and nobody seemingly knowing where the faculty was...

"--- I can watch the main building and the unknown girl," Pyry finally muttered, rubbing his face with his hands. "I don't think we've got the leisure of pulling our punches Hisa, so... yeah. I should be the safest choice if there's some nut with a handgun around the main building. Plus, who knows? I might be able to sniff out something."

It was an odd declaration to make, yet at the same time, the conviction with which Pyry said it... there was little doubt that he wouldn't be able to take care of something like a handgun. Somehow. As bizarre and absurd as it felt. But even so, the way he said it, it made it feel like the truth. Of course, that was only one answer to the myriad problems they had.

"You know, while I agree with Momoi that we can't exactly trust all the cops, we have to tell them about this eventually. It's a murder for Pete's sake," Kean said, nodding towards the scarred girl. "The way I see, we should use what we have - and that's Elaine knowing the local Deputy. She seemed the trustworthy sort, and I bet we can migitate the hit we as a group would take. And, well, like John said... at the end of the day, Mr. Oceandrop stands to lose the most. If we can find him, that should help as well. And, while this is just a thought... if somebody can stomach Mercedes's antics, she might be a valuable source of information about who was out last night, and where the missing students might have gone. Like Alexstrasza."

Hearing that, Pyry nodded.

Right now having something specific to think about and to plan was, perhaps, for the better. After all, it made sure that nobody was thinking about any unfortunate speculations and implications of what had just happened, and what seemed to be going on as a whole.

"So, if Winters hops into her car and drives to the Sheriff's Department to meet with this Deputy, and I go watch over the other corpse, can... can a few of you work to get Cesarina down? Or at least cover her with those sheets?" Pyry asked, looking at John, Hisa and Elise. "Though it might not be a bad idea if somebody came with me. We could look for anything that'd tell us where Mr. Oceandrop is. Or, hell... we could just break into his office. I bet there's something helpful there."

Hearing this, a sort of sarcastic smirk floated to Kean's face, though it was more bitter and subdued as usual. He sighed a bit and rummaged through his pockets, fishing out something that looked like a geiger-counter with nixie tubes attached to the top. He played around with a few buttons and sliders on the machine, before it flashed in red light and begam to emit a quiet hum. The nixie tubes at the top came to life, and what they displayed was an odd reading of 0000.

"Well, if it comes to that, I'm game. I'm not as good with physical stuff as the golden gorilla to my right," Kean said and flashed a slight grin at Elaine. "But when it comes to snooping around, I'm pretty good at it. Hell, if I have one skill I'm proud of, it's---"

Whatever Kean was about to say was cut when, out of nowhere, Gradient suddenly jumped up and pointed towards the pool building.

"Foooo?"

Her reaction, once again, turned out to be about something none of them had yet to realize. A few secons after the reaction from the mysterious girl, they could see too figures approach from the direction of the pool building. One was Travis, carrying a long metal ladder, and the other was Hwan, who was doing his best to spring across the campus ground while not looking at Cesarina's corpse.

As the group waited, Kean couldn't help but to glance Gradient with a raised eyebrow.

"By the way, is no one else gonna ask about who the hell this girl is? I think I'd remember seeing someone like her before..." the boy commented, glancing at her legs. "Especially now, since... ah, well. You get what I mean. Just a bit on the edge right now. Especially when it comes to unknown faces."

Gradient simply beamed a smile at everyone and nuzzled against Hisa after realizing all the attention was on her for once.

But, after a minute or so of waiting, the duo of Hwan and Travis finally made their way to the dormitory, bringing with them the ladder that everyone had been waiting for. Unfortunately the moment everyone saw their faces, it became clear that the ladder wouldn't be the only thing they'd be bringing with them. More bad news seemed more than likely. After all, Travis had a look that could be summed up as "seriously pissed-off", while Hwan was uncharacteristially serious. His eyes were practically blades that he had trained at everybody around him, even the rest of the students that had gathered at the lobby.

"So... bad news, and worse news," Hwan immediately said when he was within a speaking distance. "The bad news is that there's no sign of that damn janitor. The door to the basement-slash-boiler-room is locked though, and locked in a way that makes my lockpicks pretty much useless. So while he might be there, fat load of good that does for us now."

While Travis set the ladder against the wall of the building, muttering curses over and over again under his breath, Hwan stopped in the doorway. He let his gaze pass by everyone gathered there, stopping for a moment at Gradient, before narrowing his eyes a bit and continuing.

"And the worse news is that we found Colt Davin."

Immediately.

A chill ran down everyone's spines.

Like they had known what to expect.

"----- His corpse is floating in the pool, riddled with holes."

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “I’ll help.”
    The staggering steps stopped.

Subaru's head turned towards Lucille like a rusted clockwork and for a moment, the empty, burning eyes of the smaller girl bruned a hole through the blonde. Then... her smile widened, showcasing some glimmer of gratitude underneath the madness that was slowly taking her over. Even in her current state, Subaru could manage a face like that, which was... even more concerning, in all honesty.

"... I am glad to hear that. It is good to know I can trust you, Miss Faraday," Subaru quietly said as she opened the door. "Then, come. Let us catch this monster before they can get away."

From there, Subaru's actions and movements became more sure, more determined, more robotic. She headed down the hallway and turned to the left, making a bee-line straight towards her own room with Lucille in tow. A simple twist of her key opened up her own room and for a brief moment, the blonde girl was treated to a sight of a very spartan interior that would have better fit a Japanese monastery or a temple than an American high school dormitory. The only thing that marred this spiritual image was the fluffy dog bed in the corner of the room, in which a certain ball of fur known as Tonkori was sleeping. The dog raised his head and yawned as he saw his owner approaching, but quickly snapped its mouth shut when he saw how Subaru was currently acting.

Unbelievably enough... the cuddly, smug little Akita puppy disappeared before Lucille's eyes.

Instead of it there stood now a young member of its breed, a hunting dog bred for one singular purpose - catching a prey.

"Come on, Tonkori..." Subaru cooed as she patted her thigh. "It is time to hunt."

Silently, the small dog hopped out of its bed and walked up to his master, taking its place next to Subaru's right leg... like any good hunting dog would. Then the two were out of the room, Subaru locking it behind her, and back in the corridor. Determination clear in her eyes, the small girl headed towards the stairs, past all the rooms in the hallway and without caring about the kitchen where some sounds of an argument between the elder Coastrise siblings could be heard.

The only reason why Subaru took a moment to stop before heading downstairs was because she saw something that didn't exactly belong to this scene.

She saw Aleen King, who was currently sitting on the floor next to the dining room's doorway, curled up and hugging her knees while burying her face in her legs.

"... What is wrong with her?" Subaru asked, giving Lucille an empty glance of confusion.

Elaine Winters

Elaine's shoulders sagged and she mopped at her face, "Christ, it's going from bad to worse every second..."

Okay, alright, time to pull yourself together and focus, this is a crisis now.

The blonde girl shook her head and swept her hair back, expression turning stony.

One thing at a time.

"So, Colt's dead now too, huh?"

She paused, mulling that over.

"Shit."

She'd already had one emotional outburst this morning, she could hold it together long enough to get into her car.

"No Inacio though? Plus he's covered with holes, stab wounds or gun shot? Or something else?"

She frowned, he could've just left first, but it makes him suspicious, or also dead, judging from how the morning had been going.

She looked over at John, only half listening to what he'd been saying, "Subaru got taken upstairs with Lucille, was halfway thinking about checking in on them after we got Cesarina down, Mercedes and Souma, too, see if some people are just hard sleepers or..."

Big sleepers.

"As for Lockhart," Elaine shook her head, "Haven't seen her this morning, but I don't think she..."

Elaine licked her lips.

"Y'know."

She coughed, "But as for the other missing people, uh, hold on a second," She narrowed her eyes in thought, "Prushka, Vivi, that one short bitch with the weird hair, Anna, Ramia, Ubon, Terrot, Sakura, and I think that's it. Feels like every day some more people showing up."

Elaine bit at her lip, "I hope they're alright."

Though, she thought, looking back at Cesarina's brutalized body.

Wasn't she some sort of military-industrial heiress? She remembered seeing an article about it.

She shook her head, it was no time to go making assumptions.

For now, she had to finish what she'd been steeling herself for.

"John's got a good idea, two people to go look over each of the bodies, probably fish Colt out, who knows how long he's been in there. I'll finish up here and hop into town, if anyone wants to get away, you're welcome to."

She frowned, "I don't know anything about any little girls aside from the one's I've already seen, I could ask around if there are any missing persons, but if people want to go over and see if they recognize her, or if she's got anything distinctive, that'd be very helpful."

Her voice was hard, crisp, the horror of the body had left her shaken, but now that she was recovering, she was displaying the fortitude that Kean had alluded to.

This was not her first body she'd seen.

It would not be the last.

She nodded towards the ladder, "C'mon, let's get her down and covered up, it's cold out here."

It was like the storm had rushed through, and all the lost wash up on shore.

Damnation.
    Last edited by Mormarth; November 8th, 2019 at 03:22 PM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another one.

Colton Davin is dead. Inacio still missing.

John Dove brings his right hand up to massage his temples, purposely hiding his eyes in the process.

“It happened again.”

He pushes the thoughts down. They must sink, along with the unsettling, squirming feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“It’s going to keep happening.”

This is unimportant. Idle thoughts are worthless. This whole thing is insignificant in the end. Only one thing matters.

“It’s not gonna stop just because you want it to.”

It hurts behind his eyes. There is an acrid, burning lump in the back of his throat. But he keeps pushing down. He ascertains his personal truth and denies the world around him, as he has always done.

“It’s just how it is. Wherever you go.”

He pushes, crushes, and grinds down all thoughts, sensations and impressions. To endure the colorless days, he turns all things into sediment, and they sink where they cannot bother him.

“People d—”

John Dove takes a deep breath, a potent inhalation absolutely everybody around him must have heard. Then he exhales, just as loudly. As if letting go of much more than carbon dioxide. With that, he brings his hand down.

“And then there were three…”

His face loses emotion even as it regains (some) pallor.

“Quite troublesome.”

Closing his eyes, it takes him but a moment to collate all info and respond to it. He first addresses Pyry and Kean.

“I would not be very helpful at the main building. I do not recognize the child, nor do I excel at…how was it? ‘Snooping around’.”

John then looks from Elaine to what remains of Cesarina Feroce.

“If you really want to bring her down, I will help, but I wonder how exactly we are going to pull out that rod. Or those nails.”

After letting his gaze drop, he then lets his eyes glance over every single one of the present.

“Also, we might want to get a camera, if at all possible. Something to show the police when they inevitably scold us for ‘disturbing the scene’. I guess the same applies to Colton in the pool.”

His face now turns towards the dorms. More precisely towards the main entrance.

“Hopefully, Souma and Mercedes West will come back with a better assessment of who is here and who is missing.”

They might also see the state of Alexstrasza’s bedroom. Oh well.

“It is of utmost importance to find and gather everyone here. Before it gets worse.”

The people of Road’s End do not yet see them as individuals. They are “Pinefall’s students”, nothing more; regarded and assessed as a whole. The actions of every single one of them construct the reputation of the whole, and every single of their actions will be placed under the magnifying glass from now on.

And it will only get worse before it gets better.

"You take care now, John!"

“Tch.”

John clicks his tongue at the memory of Colton Davin’s very last words to him, just hours ago, just before walking out of the dorms to meet death. Besides Inacio, John Dove is probably the last person to have seen Colton Davin alive. Colton shared with him the reason he was going to the pool in the middle of the night, and his fears of the possibility of a trap.

How much of this can, or even should, he share with the others?

Another day at Pinefall, and the world is again making a tremendous effort to get in the way of his search for the truth.

How bothersome.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille resists the urge to throw the question back at Subaru, one, because it’s rude, and two, it wouldn’t help anyone. To the problem at hand, Lucille has no clue as to what could have happened. Vier is no longer there—they had a fight, perhaps—but that is not enough evidence to come to a meaningful conclusion. And there is not enough time in the world to figure this mystery out. Lucille should just accompany Subaru in the hopes she can deescalate what will come.

Even so, Lucille still worries, because there are things in her room she’d like to bring along first that she hadn’t taken because she was too busy being swept up by Subaru and her dog and speaking of said dog, how could anyone explain that? That Tonkori was not only a puppy but also a full-fledged hunting dog who could conceivably kill someone? Things weren’t as they seemed and she hated it.

And Sakura was still missing. How could she look for her if she had to keep track of so many things? Where was she? Was she okay? She had to be, right?

Lucille, overcome by her worries, stares at Subaru blankly before focus comes back to her. She then looks at Aleen, and despite everything she has just thought of, of all of the important things she needs to do and must do, she can’t find it in her heart to leave Aleen like this.

Perhaps Mercedes was correct, that Lucille was too nice and spread herself too thin trying to help everyone. But just because she was correct did not mean she was right.

“I left some stuff back in my room, Subaru,” she says, which is a very truthful statement. She really has. “Mind if I double back? I’ll try to meet up with you ASAP.”

Lucille was a woman of her word, so she’d do her best to return to Subaru as soon as she was able. But that didn’t stop her from making a brief detour to address the girl at the stairwell…
    Last edited by Katie; November 8th, 2019 at 06:34 PM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

The comfort of her silence and presence were all that Vivienne could give Prushka. As the small girl tried her best to calm down, indulging in Vivienne's indifference towards the... rather inconvenient pleasures that Prushka was allowing herself, Vivienne remained a listener, and perhaps, a thinker. Was it something that Prushka had said? Or was she simply pondering on everything that had lead up to this scenario?

A meeting in the bus.

A promise to search for mystery together.

Other things coming up unannounced, leading Vivienne elsewhere.

That may just be the perfect illustration that some things just don't wait for you. As time passes by, the world passes away. Act on what you can, before it is too late. Was it already too late, for Alex Terrot? Something terrible happened last night allegedly... and if this information was from Muse, well... Vivienne had a hunch that there was nothing to doubt about it if that was the case.

Vivienne woke from her trance after a few moments. The fabric of her clothing was starting to feel rather wet -- were there so many tears that they had pierced her thick winter clothing, somehow? Or maybe it was just a chilly sensation, one that runs through your skin as you come back to reality.

She looked down at the sobbing girl, who had mostly dried her tears now.

"Lost things are here... but is it normal...? What we will find... do you think... that it will be the same as back when before we lost them? This place has... something hanging over it... I do not think that it is here to return what was lost. It keeps it, and takes more. Some time... some day... you will have to pry it back."

Another short pause; she must be dwelling on the final detail that Prushka had mentioned about 'humans'...

"You... not consider yourself as human? What do you... define as human?"

A question for many -- did the term encompass the physical details... or was there some deeper meaning? Ideals, beliefs, feelings... what was it that made up the definition of 'Human' for Prushka and Vivienne Bianchi?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

Colt…

At this point, the news of another dead person wasn’t quite as shocking as when we discovered Cesarina’s body, but still…

Colt, of all people, should have stayed safe in the first place. He knew how dangerous it was, though...At least he took the advice and took someone with himself...But just where exactly is Inacio then?

And more importantly…

“Pyry, mind coming with me to the pool first? Shouldn’t take too long, we can bring Colt’s body out here, then join the others in the main building or something.”

Some questions needed to be answered, before even more people sullied the the scene of crime. Like that strange locket that Colt had...I wonder, just what exactly would it do under these circumstances?

“Meanwhile, you could take…” I turned to Kean, pausing for a moment at the sight of his mysterious gadget, “take Hwan with you, if he has lockpicks then I would also assume that he is good at breaking into places.”

Not that this new revelation made me feel too comfortable. Just another person who could possibly break into my, or anyone’s room without any issues…

Perhaps I should take even more precautions when locking my door.

“And...Well, once again, this is just what I think, but we shouldn’t jump to conclusions about the missing people. Some were perhaps just stranded somewhere in the town because of the storm.”

Some, perhaps…

But even while I said that, I had a feeling that after all this, we might just stumble into more people who met their unfortunate demise.

“At the hotel, or the bar, perhaps…?”

The sentence was left hanging in the air for the moment as I tried to think of other possible locations, but with my limited knowledge, I could only come up with so many reasonable possibilities.

“Would worth to check, if anyone is out there, they are not even aware of...well, all of this, so they might not even bother to come back today otherwise.”

With most questions answered on my part, I stood up from next to Gradient, and motioned her to do so as well - I did not want to leave her behind, no matter what the case was, especially not when something or someone is murdering people.

Setting out, I stopped at the doorway to turn back to John for one more thought.

“Elise said that you met Colt and Inacio when they left. Do you know why they went to the pool?”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

It seems that, at last, Prushka's tears have dried up. She backs away from Vivi and sits on the side of the bed. Though she was always tiny, Prushka's presence seems to have shrunk to even less than normal.

"Thank you, Vivi. You're... you're probably right," she whispers, meeting Vivienne's eyes and focusing her gaze somewhat. "It's hard to make things go back to how they were. Sometimes, it's impossible. Maybe those lost things are just... bait, for people like us. For all we know, Road's End might be a venus flytrap, an angler fish, and we're here to feed it..."

Prushka sighs, takes off her helmet, and puts it on her lap, running her fingers over the smooth metal as if it's a precious child. When she speaks once more, it's with a whisper that even Vivi herself could barely make out.

"I guess, since you're already involved, it's fine. Humans are... humans. Mammalia, Primates, Hominidae. Homo sapiens. That's all. They live, ignorant of the other side of the world, in the society they created, and... they're awful creatures that hide how horrible they really are. From themselves, from each other, and from the world. If you're a human, it's probably impossible for you to realize it... at least, that's what I thought, before coming here. But I think I've started to understand them, just a little more."

Prushka stares at the helmet for a moment, then looks back up and offers a weak shrug.

"...sorry. That probably makes no sense. Please just forget that question, Vivi. Remember what I said before, about the groups of the Turnside not getting along? It's already scary enough here, without the outside world intruding where it isn't needed. And we've both got enough on our plates already, right? If it's really important, I'll say, otherwise I think it's best not to."

Slowly, gradually, as she speaks, Prushka's nerves quiet down and her speech becomes more measured and even. Once animated and expressive, it's as if she is becoming muted, like Vivienne herself. Staring straight ahead, she continues without pause.

"You probably don't have much of a reason to trust me, Vivi. We barely know each other, and after what I did, you'd have even less reason to want to let me stay close. And, honestly, being like you are, you're... a bit scary to talk to, for me." Prushka fidgets a little as she speaks. "But this town is too big, has too many secrets for just one person to uncover. Alex tried, and it started to eat her up from the inside. If we're both trying to figure out what's going on here... can we work together? With Pyry, and Hisa, and Ubon, too? No, I'm sure... I'm sure even more of the students are also connected to this. Subaru too, probably, but maybe others as well."

Prushka touches the bandage on the left side of her face with two trembling fingers.

"The ghost of the lighthouse. Muse. Elizaveta Vyraj. The Girl in Blue. My brother. Your condition. Fyrtio and the lumber mill. The shadows in the night. The monster that ate my eye. And... " Her fingers curl into a fist. "Angelica's warnings. We should've listened to her. It might be too late already, but... no, it's not too late."

"Before it gets worse, and while I still have time here... I don't want to lose to the awfulness of Road's End. I don't want
    any of us to lose."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

So all that was needed to tame one of the fearsome delinquents of Pinefall High was some good food and some bad jokes?"

“Guess I should sell this secret to your school - they'd have you all reformed in no time, hah!"
    “Please. I’m a dangerous delinquent, y’know. I’m just going to take advantage of your goodwill and then simply go back to my nefarious ways!” A mirthful chuckle echoed from Anna, as she slowly kept sipping her coffee. “No skin off my back if you want to bust your ass making me breakfast, eh?”

A moment later, Zane placed some bacon and eggs on Anna’s plate, filling it with food. It was quite evident that the older Mitchell brother hadn’t had guests in a while, judging by the way he seemed to rather easily fall into this flustered hen mother-esque mindset. It did make her feel as if he wasn’t yet fully comfortable with her presence in the house and was trying to over-compensate, but…

No need to try and mess with things that should normally fix themselves.

"What are your plans for today?"
    Anna popped a piece of bacon in her mouth as her eyes flickered back to Zane.

“Mmh? I really don..!”

In a single instant, all emotion drained away from Anna’s face, making it look as it was almost carved out of featureless stone. All traces of her earlier drowsiness and teasing mirth was wiped away, replaced by a glint of seriousness in her ruby eyes and with what could only be described as silent resignation.

The fork was placed back on the table as she swallowed the piece of bacon in her mouth. The finality of that motion and the position of the form made it clear that the Estonian girl had no intention to continue eating anything else.

“Kurat küll…”

A deep sigh filled the kitchen.

“Sorry, Zane. I think we’re going to have to call a raincheck on breakfast.” The ghost of a smile on Anna’s face was apologetic, but the note of decisiveness in her voice made it clear that she had no intention to budge on this matter. “I just remembered something urgent that I have to do and can’t really postpone either.”

“And it's most assuredly urgent enough that I can’t finish breakfast anymore.”

And probably shouldn’t...

Anna rose up from the breakfast table and started walking back towards the living room to grab her stuff. Her jacket, bag, fixing her hair - all of it took no more than thirty seconds. It all served to perfectly demonstrate exactly how used to she was to move out on a moment's notice. When she emerged back into the kitchen, Anna Vandemeel looked almost identical to how she had arrived during the previous night, with her crimson jacket casually resting on her shoulders.

Anna gave Zane another apologetic smile.

“Again, I’m sorry about this. It truly is something I can’t get out of doing.”

Even as she was saying this, Anna’s feet were already leading her towards the lobby. Reaching the door, the raven-haired girl stopped for a moment, with her back turned at the red-haired boy and her hand resting on the doorknob.

“Thanks for having me, Zane. I really had fun yesterday. Oh, and tell the brat I’m sorry for leaving without saying goodbye.”

“I’ll be seeing you around. ” Anna gave the boy in the kitchen one last look over her shoulder. One final easygoing grin flickered on her lips. “Try to keep yourself on the straight and narrow, will you? Wouldn’t want you to be chucked together with all us “fearsome delinquents”, eh?”

And with those words hanging in the air Anna Vandemeel left the kitchen, and the boy still sitting there, behind.
    Last edited by Mellon; November 12th, 2019 at 12:23 PM.

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Hwan Bin
    "And the worse news is that we found Colt Davin."

"----- His corpse is floating in the pool, riddled with holes."
    Hwan delivered the worse news and Elise felt like she'd been punched in the gut.

"I thought about looking for Colt and Inacio last night, maybe I could've... could've..."

Elise's sentence trailed off as she stared at the lobby floor.

I knew I should've gone. I could've helped. Maybe Colt wouldn't be-

Elise glanced at John.

No. No. John was right. We didn't know that it'd be... like this.

Elise took a deep breath in and out in an effort to centre herself.

Can't change the past. Just gotta focus on this. We can stew in regret later.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine Winters
    "But as for the other missing people, uh, hold on a second. Prushka, Vivi, that one short bitch with the weird hair, Anna, Ramia, Ubon, Terrot, Sakura, and I think that's it. Feels like every day some more people showing up."

"I hope they're alright."
    "Me too," agreed Elise, "I was with Ramia and Ubon in the evening. We had soup with Vier and Aleen in the kitchen. I haven't seen Sakura or Alexstrasza since Saturday morning. Sakura was pretty upset that Alexstrasza didn't appreciate her omelette when she stormed out of the Common Room, but- I don't think she'd do anything..."

Alex Terrot... I still want to talk to Alex about where she found that paper, but that really doesn't seem so important anymore...

"Also, before we all start splitting into groups... If anyone gets hurt, or you find someone who's hurt, try and find me or send someone to find me. I'll try and stick around here. I know first aid, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that we don't want to lose anyone else today."

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine Winters
    "C'mon, let's get her down and covered up, it's cold out here."
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dove
    “If you really want to bring her down, I will help, but I wonder how exactly we are going to pull out that rod. Or those nails.”
    Expecting to get dirty, Elise doffed her hoodie as she followed Elaine out the dormitory door and left it on the steps.

"It'd- it'd probably easier to pull her off the rod and nails, than it will be to pull the rod and nails out of the tree. We don't know how deep they've been driven into the tree, but I feel like they're probably really secure," said Elise, "I think the biggest challenge will be getting her down gently. Someone's going to have to catch her and carry her down once we deal with the rod... We can't just let her fall to the ground."

"I think- I think I can do that."

Quote Originally Posted by John Dove
    “Also, we might want to get a camera, if at all possible. Something to show the police when they inevitably scold us for ‘disturbing the scene’. I guess the same applies to Colton in the pool.”
    "That's probably a good idea... Does anyone know who has a camera?" asked Elise, "I'm sure one of our classmates must be into photography."

---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

Vivienne had been called many things, but this was the first time that someone had called her scary. It got her thinking once more for a bit, as she paused, likely trying to figure out the ways she could inspire fear in someone's heart. One could posit that acting doll-like and being transfixed in a blank state all the time could be quite eerie for some. No warm smiles, no signs of life, yes... the more squeamish and easily disturbed people could actually find such a behavior scary. She had never really thought about it this way.

"Me... scary? Sorry..."

Then there was the matter of Prushka essentially asking for Vivienne's cooperation. To cooperate while hiding each and other's true nature, wasn't the person talking about humans acting pretty human-like herself? But then, she hadn't proclaimed to be that different from them either, she only spoke figuratively, as if she was different.

"I want to know... but we will have to see... for now... we should finish what we first came to Owl's Nest for. Maybe... we are too late for Alex..."

Had she really given up? Or was this simply being realistic about the situation? Once more, to go look for traces of someone that was so secretive, in the foreboding forest... after so much time had already passed... what trace was there to be found?

"Maybe... would be more stubborn... if I could feel... but I cannot. So I move on. I look at at things that I can do, not at what is uncertain."

To move on, and not linger onto the past. When one is devoid of feelings, this does indeed become a lot easier to do, to not be shackled by what was once -- but the two of them knew that there was one shackle that tied Vivienne to the past, and it was what she once had. Indeed, Vivienne suddenly veered off into a recollection of sorts, as if the hypothetical passing of Alex Terrot had spurred a memory of hers. She recited it not with wistful eyes however, but her signature blank, empty visage.

"I remember... distant memory... of me crying when my dog died... I was young... it was painful. We buried him in backyard. Every morning... I talked to him, at his grave. Picked a flower and put it there. Then, when I was filming a sad scene in movies... when director told me to cry... I needed to do was remember him, and all the happy times we spent together, and how he was gone forever. Maybe I was scared too, that some day what happened to him would happen to Papa and Mama.

Maybe to me too.

But now I am 'free'. It doesn't hurt, but somehow it hurts in another way.

Still... I move. I do things... and move on, never stopping. Either until I cannot move anymore, or... or when I can stop myself again, when I regain what I gave away."

So she gave it away, her emotions. A little piece of information for Prushka. And now she walks, walks, and walks a certain path. She goes through the journey, unfeeling, unstopping, till either her travels are brought to an abrupt end, or she can stop herself once again... for in the end... is this a journey not to a place, but a journey to end her journey?

A strange concept.

In the end, even after she gave this tidbit of information to Prushka...

... what leads to trust?

Can there be trust without appreciation, without friendship, without compassion?

Was there an absolute lack of all of this in the first place? Many had told her, that once they got used to the empty, cold exterior, there was a glimmer of something warm and alive within Vivienne Bianchi's heart.

What kind of life had Vivienne lead up to this point? How familiar was she with the turnside? Was her current condition something of her own doing, or was it imposed upon her by circumstances beyond her control? None of this was known to Prushka, but even then, she seemed to be asking for 'trust' between the two of them.

That they had slept in the same room, that Prushka had willingly used her money to not only buy Vivienne some coffee, but also to pay for the lodging. The optimist would view this as good-will, the natural state of someone just wanting to help others -- in contrast, a pessimist would simply say that this was a way to set up a 'debt', so that the favor Vivienne owed Prushka would be repaid later... but in what light did Vivienne Bianchi see all this?

Typically, no one really knew, not even Vivienne herself.

However, there was a debt that was left unsettled right now, and one that the two of them may want to focus their attention on -- it was after all part of the deal that they had made with a certain Rachel Halloway... though why no one just ran up and check up on them after Prushka's scream was something else.

"... we go help Rachel make breakfast? Somehow... no one heard you scream..."

Or perhaps people did, and ran to call the police. Who knew what was going on after the tense discovery from yesterday...

... Vivienne eyed the room's door.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; November 9th, 2019 at 09:33 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

"Vivi... that's..."

Prushka sits, clutching her helmet, and listens to Vivienne Bianchi's story. Several times the girl rubs her eye with the back of her hand, as if to wipe away tears that have been all cried out. By the end, as Vivienne talks about being 'free', Prushka's eye is raw and red, and she looks absolutely crestfallen. Maybe it's because, as haunting as Vivienne's story is, Vivienne herself tells it without blinking once.

The difference between the two could not be starker. One who shows seemingly no emotions, and another that cannot help but show her feelings for all the world to see.

"D-don't apologize," Prushka stammers. "It's not your fault. I just - ugh..."

Prushka clenches her fists, purses her lips, and comes to a decision. She leans across the bed, brings her face close to Vivienne's, and...

".............alright?"

Whispers something to the other girl, as if terrified that the world itself might hear and punish her for disclosing it. And, given the nature of the Turnside, it very well might. But that is a risk that she has decided to take.

"S-so don't get the wrong idea or anything. You're not a scary person. And - and even if you gave something that important away, you still have your memories. That's why you can keep moving. So hold onto them, alright? You'll find what you're looking for, if you don't give up. It won't be an end. It'll be a bright new beginning."

With that (much less boistrous than usual) proclamation, Prushka wedges the helmet atop her head and fiddles with the inner fabric. She draws down a dark flap, likely meant to protect the ears during a firefight or snowstorm, over her bandages, and starts fiddling with the tie.

"Rachel's probably just being nice," she murmurs. "After last night, she probably doesn't want to break into any more rooms. She's a good person."

She draws the string - and the helmet with it - tight, securing it on her head. With a shaky motion, Prushka also slips her backpack over her shoulders.

"And - you're a good person too, Vivi. It's impossible for me to say that as 'myself', so... I'm saying it as a 'human', instead."

With that, Prushka marches - a bit wobbly - to the room's exit, places her hand on the doorknob, and twists it open.

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters, Elise Pelltier, Hisa Momoi & John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "That's probably a good idea... Does anyone know who has a camera? I'm sure one of our classmates must be into photography."
    "If it is a camera you are looking for, I have seen Aleen King use one. You can find her in the second floor corridor. Perhaps you can coax it from her."

A sudden, new voice answered Elise's question before anyone else could as Subaru Iburi brushed past Vier who had been guarding over the situation from the shadows. Immediately everyone in the lobby could see that something was wrong with the small girl. She was gripping a rather ceremonial-looking branch in her hand, and next to her walked Tonkori, who was acting far more like an actual hunting dog than a regular puppy he had always been. Not only that, but Subaru's eyes were just... dead. They looked at everyone with cold indifference, almost like a hunter searching for signs of a possible prey.

Whatever had happened up in the second floor had changed Subaru's demeanor drastically.

"Now then... I would appreciate it very much if you would make some way for me," Subaru continued, stopping before the group that had congregated into the corridor. "Before you disturb Cesarina's corpse, Tonkori shall inspect it, to see if any scent of the perpetrator rema---"

"What? That little pipsqueak of a dog? Ugh, gimme a break, shortie."

This time it was Subaru's turn to be interrupted, her interruption coming from Mercedes West and Souma Nubatama who had just returned from their trip of going through the dormitory to see who were still present. And judging by the expressions on their faces, their search had gone as well as probably expected. Mercedes was looking more pissed off than ever, while Souma's smile had turned degree colder and more serious.

"In, like, more realistic news, here's the rundown of who are missing," Mercedes pushed on, starting to list people with her fingers. "Colt and Inacio from the boys. From the girls, though, the list gets bigger. I mean, gawd... Anna Vandemeel. Adelaide Cheshire. Alex Terrot. Sakura and Ubon. That Vivienne chick, Ramia, Prushka and the little shitstain Xylia. And as for Lockhart, well... she's gone too. And her room is a mess. Somebody had broken, like, the lock and the window was smashed and the whole room destroyed. There was even this godawful smiley painted in... I guess blood... on the wall. No idea what the hell happened there."

Souma nodded, agreeing that every missing person so far had been listed by the actress. However, he did continue by tapping his nose with his gloved hand, before glancing outside, towards the pool building.

"... Though, if Colt Davin is dead, we can safely remove him from the list of those who are 'missing'," Souma said with a humourless chuckle. "Speaking of which, you ask a good question, Elaine. How were the 'holes' in his body?"

The last bit was directed as Travis and Hwan. The latter grimaced a bit, while Travis - oddly enough - sighed and adopted a face that looked almost... impassive. Emotionless. Like he was reciting something from a memory.

"--- Bullet wounds. Shot most likely from short-to-medium range. Possibly .45 ACP rounds, judging from the extent of the damage I saw. Might have been something else, would need a proper ballistics to find out anything more," Travis said, earning some surprised looks from just about everyone in the room. "But... I don't think that's all. There was blood near the other side of the pool - the splash pattern doesn't match getting shot. Possibly hit with a blade or something similar. Perhaps a knife."

In the silence that followed, Travis sighed and leaned against the wall, making a little shrug as he did.

"Or, hell if I know. Just a guess, in the end," he said, downplaying what he had just speculated. "But who knows? Whoever killed that unknown girl might have bust a cap into Colt, too."

Pyry grimaced at this possibility, before shaking his head.

"Well, we got a lot of people missing, some dead... and no idea what the hell's even going on here," he grunted. "Like I said, I can deal with the nails and the iron bar, and I can help with fishing out Colt's body, too... but in that case, somebody tough or quick-on-their feet should accompany Kean and Hwan to the main building. And first things first, we need that camera before we mess with the bodies. Can somebody go convince Aleen we're gonna need it?"

After that, the blonde athlete let his eyes scan the people who had gathered in the lobby - those in the know of the situation who didn't have younger siblings or friends to look after. Caleb and Minato could most likely handle Yeong-Hui, Zhou and Gabi, but that left them stuck at the kitchen for a while. As to those who were present, well... John, Elaine, Elise, Hisa, Mercedes, Souma, Kean, Hwan, Travis, Subaru... and Pyry himself. Lucille was somewhere, as were Aleen and Vier.

Finally, Pyry nodded.

"After we get the camera, let's see... I'll deal with the nails and the rod - meanwhile, Travis and Elise? Can you guys get Cesarina's body down and cover it? Subaru, you can help there too. Me and Hisa will go to the pool and get... get Colt out of there. Elaine, you should hop into a car and get to driving to the Sheriff's place. At the same time, keep an eye out fo anyone from the school. The diner, the bar, the hotel... whatever places you can think of. Souma, you can keep an eye out on the unknown girl's body with Kean and Hwan, help them out if needed. We need to find out where Mr. Oceandrop is... or, well, where any members of the faculty are. And John... I think Elaine could use help. Unless you wanna switch with Kean and take a look at the offices with Hwan. That or---"

The tall boy was wracking his brain, trying to come up with something that fit everyone's area of expertise, but at the same time, it wasn't clearly his forte. He was the type of person to do as was ordered, not someone to rally people and give orders. Therefore, slowly he was starting to become a bit more unsure of himself, looking for help with his gaze from the people around him - almost like asking someone to take over what he was doing right now.

But, instead of that...

"Actually - quick suggestion," Mercedes West suddenly said. "If you guys are gonna, like, head to where Colt is - I wanna tag along. Take a look-see of what went down."

That was an... odd proposal, to say the least. Hisa and Mercedes got along like oil and water, and now the actress had suddenly volunteered to go to same place as the scarred girl. Just what had happened during the trip up and down the dormitory that Mercedes and Souma had taken for her to change her mind this way?

Pyry, at the very least, looked more than a bit confused - at least that much was made clear with the glance he gave to Hisa.

Meanwhile Kean simply grimaced at Elaine, clearly expecting this to just make things worse.

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"ANNA!"

About ten seconds after the raven-haired girl had made out of the front door of the Mitchell house, she heard a familiar yell from behind her. Turning around momentarily, she saw Zane standing on the doorway leading inside. The boy bent a little backwards and threw something in the air - straight towards her. It was easy enough to catch as the thing gently floated downwards despite it's size being close to Anna's fist... and when she opened her hand to see what the boy had just thrown her, the reason became clear.

It was a dreamcatcher of all things.

A fairly old-looking one - though it meant that the thing had certainly more presence than your typical dreamcatcher you'd find in giftshops around USA.

But what had the boy given it to her in the first place...?

"Let's talk more tomorrow, alright?" Zane continued, this time with a calmer voice. "And... be careful if you take the main road. Just a hunch I have. Unfortunately, my hunches... they tend to be right."

And with that, the boy lifted his hand in a goodbye, telling Anna wordlessly to be on her way. He hadn't questioned it at all when the girl had pretty much bolted out of the house, clearly realizing that something important had come up and that Anna was needed elsewhere. Heck, he had even given her some sort of... well, perhaps it coudl be called a good luck charm?

Still, as the redhead closed the door... why was he smiling somewhat forlornly?

--- Well. Perhaps questions for another day.

Anna Vandemeel: New Item Acquired!
    Blue Dreamcatcher
    Rank ?
    A dreamcatcher that originally belonged to Zane Mitchell. It seems to be old, old enough to possibly have gathered some numen during its existence. May protect from something...

Prushka & Vivienne Bianchi
    [BGM]

The moment of the two girls stepped out of their room...

... Was the moment they realized something was wrong.

It had been slightly odd that nobody had heard Prushka's scream and come to investigate it - especially Rachel, who had seemingly warmed up to the duo by the end of last evening. However, the reason for that became alarmingly clear when both girls headed out of their hotel room. Everywhere in the corridor, no, the whole building... it was quiet. Far, far too quiet. Almost like no one else was around but them. One glance around showed that some of the doors in the floor were open, but no people were around. Even from where the two were, it was easy to sense that nobody was around... or that nobody was moving.

One glance towars the window at the end of the corridor, and even more alarm bells were beginning to ring in the heads of both girls. Some sort pale, yet dim and dark, glow was emanating from the parking lot just outside the hotel - invisible from their room's window. It didn't look to be any sort of mundane glow, especially in how it felt like it ushered in an odd dimness of the night into the building - making shadows stronger and colors muted and faded. And thus... it was dawning on both of them that their problems might have just increased in numbers.

Especially when, in this absolute quiet, both Prushka and Vivienne heard a noise.

The first noise made by someone else than one of them.

Noise of claws against a carpeted floor, coming past the staircase and from the other end of the corridor.

"RRrrrrRRrrrrRRRrrr...."

Accompanied by a low, animalistic, echoing growl, that sound grew stronger and stronger, until they both saw what made it. From one of those open doors at the opposite end of the hallway from them, something clawed its way out. Something hulking and on four legs, something vibrant green and with hungry eyes. Something with huge fangs and rippling muscles.

A hound - a hunting hound unlike anything the two had ever seen before.

No... that wasn't just a hound.

It was a wolf.

A wolf of immense size, stature and power. One that now stared straight at the duo, and opened its mouth to a yet another hungry, rumbling growl....

New Creature Met!

Elaine Winters

Elaine nodded at Elise, “That’s a good idea, see if you can get that, never know if we’ll need anything more than what we’ve got right now.”

Her eyes had grown sharp and focused, for all that she held her ideals high and was easily stressed, in this area, of corpses and mystery...

She was at home.

“We need to stay focused on what presents itself,” She said, “Running off of conjecture and leading witch hunts is only going to end up hurting people who don’t deserve it.”

Her face was grim.

“Evidence is what matters, nothing else.”

Elaine folded her arms firmly, mulling over Pyry’s words, “Let’s be honest, barring something truly unusual, the cadavers aren’t going anywhere, okay? Colton should be a priority, of course, who knows how long he’s been in the water and the damage it’s done already. Cesarina, given the dearth of resources we have available, should be done as soon as possible, if only to spare the people inside from the sight.”

She grimaced.

“The ladder is already here, and it’ll be the quickest to get done and out of the way so people can at least get something to eat. One hand at a time, then we’ll work the rod in the abdomen, making sure hands covered if possible, take the picture (unless you want one of her up there, of course,), and do some examination of the body.”

She didn’t like Subaru’s eyes.

“She’s been missing for how long now? Should discern if the wounds are recent or not.”

She shrugged, “Let’s get everything settled and cordoned before we go jumping on anything. We’ll make the go for the police and the round-up after we’ve got her down, I don’t like leaving things half-finished.”

Calm, authoritative, in control, having already shown a bit of vulnerability due to the throwing up.

She looked over towards the tall, anxious boy and nodded.

Then she swept her gaze over to John, raising one brow, “You alright with that, John? I understand if you wanna take a minute,” She smiled sympathetically, “I’d take one if I wasn’t wanting to look like more of a weeny than I already have.”

She had a feeling about Mercedes’ intent, but nothing solid, so she frowned curiously and folded her arms.

“You sure, Mercedes? What made you change your mind?”

Do not challenge, merely ask.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Subaru lets her be. Lucille hangs back, and once she’s certain Subaru is far enough down the stairs, makes her move and sits next to the despairing Aleen, whom she’s never really talked to before. Still, Lucille feels as if letting her fend for herself in a stressful situation like this is just wrong. If people didn’t stick together and support one another in times like these…

Of course, there is a fact Lucille is quite cognizant of. Before, there was Vier, and now, there is not, so the problem then… probably has something to do with that change?

Naturally, Lucille tackles the problem head on, subtlety hardly on her mind.

“Did something happen?”

---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

"... something like that... in the morning?"

Not a hint of fear, worry, surprise, but the words do indeed show that there is a degree of puzzlement going on inside Vivienne's head. That is indeed, quite a worrying situation which has unraveled itself here, and the atmosphere of the scene makes it no less tense, quite on the contrary, only adding more ominousness and dreariness, if the beast itself wasn't enough to send shivers down someone's back. While emotions have been stripped from her, Vivienne still remains the powerful tool that is called logical thinking, and any one in their sane mind could deduct that something had gone terribly wrong while Vivienne and Prushka were sleeping or...

"Could it be... the predator from the dream... chased you into reality?"

... something from the dream world had spilled into the waking world. That was possible... but then so were many possibilities.:Illusions, hallucinations, parallel dimensions... or simply someone who didn't like them. The Turnside is able of many incredible things, beyond anything naturally conceivable -- there was a reason these matters were categorized as 'Supernatural' after all. A side of the world where possibilities and scenarios were endless.

Whatever was going on however, this was no time to stand still and remain confounded in the face of such danger. That would lead to nothing but bad a bad resolution of this scenario. As to make sure that the script of this 'movie' didn't turn sour, Vivienne Bianchi acted, acted quickly, decisively. Her hand reached for one of the inner pockets of her winter coat, from which she pulled out a mask that was so large that one would wonder what kind of pocket had fit it -- or perhaps it just materialized out of nowhere, and it only seemed like it had been stored in there.

"... Prushie, stay behind me..."

Interposing herself between Prushka and the beast, acting as a true wall this time to protect the small girl, Vivienne donned the mask, uttering the words:

"Persona of the Wild Parade : 百鬼夜行"

The end of the name was most likely foreign to Prushka, if she had no idea what Japanese was or sounded like. But as the words were spoken, and the Mask fully covered Vivienne's visage, Prushka could most likely suddenly 'smell' things that weren't here before in Vivienne -- anger, pride, and perhaps even some bloodthirst.

"What a lovely sight for us to come back to, indeed! Tis indeed most pleasant to bear witness to a fellow magical beast! Alas, this one seems to lack... sophistication. But no matter, we hunt humans most of the time, to test the mettle of another is welcome for us! Or shall we...?"

Vivienne, who now spoke with what seemed like a blend of multiple voices, as well as acting totally different from the usual. Prushka could even say that this wasn't Vivienne Bianchi who was speaking... or was that how Vivienne Bianchi was all along? But it was strange, most people would hide themselves behind a mask, so if this was really Vivienne then... was she the mask?

The mask bearer gave a side glance at Prushka... or that is one must think that she did as she turned her head slightly towards Prushka -- there was no real way to see Vivienne's eyes, even their resplendent azure colors were drowned out by the plethora of details sculpted onto the mask, as well as the mixture of gold, ceramics, wood, and tapestries woven into it.

"... yes, it may be better to get her out of here. That is our wish after all, or should we say, 'your' wish?"

A small snicker could be heard, a laugh that had traces of derisiveness in it... and following it, came another mysterious incantation:

""

Her words spoken, what appears to be ghastly echoes of creatures from another time swirl around the masked girl. What they are doing, no one can be sure for now, but Prushka may have spied the forms of a fox, a crow, and a... horned demon of sorts?

Wiseup!

[Persona of the Wild Parade : 百鬼夜行]
    AP Cost: 5 OMP Cost: 15
    A mask crafted to resemble the masks of Asia. Its main shape is evocative of the famous Kitsune mask of Japan’s Shinto culture, but upon closer inspection on can discern the presence of many other mask’s details, such as fellow Japanese Tengu masks, Chinese Shigong Masks, and Korean Sandae.
    While most of the masks featured in here are either decorative or bear a ritual purpose, each mask represents great beasts and beings from East Asian myths. This mask when donned tends to display an overall confident, yet cautious personality that relishes in combat.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; November 14th, 2019 at 10:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Did something happen?”
    A strange sound, somewhere between a sob and a hiccup.

"Happen...? Yeah, guess you could say that," Aleen murmured, bitterness tinting her voice heavily. "I... I tried my best to overlook, tried my total best to not let it bother me... yet now, I couldn't help it. It just clicked. So I felt like I hafta ask... But 'course, when I asked, it just made things worse. Right or wrong... it made things worse."

Easing her posture for a moment, Aleen stopped hugging her legs so tightly and, instead, allowed her arms to relax. She lifted her gaze a little, staring into the wall on the opposite side of the corridor - though seeing past it somewhere else. A bitter smile had taken over her face, a hint of self-loathing making her lips curl up even though she didn't want it to. Next to Lucille was a perfect example of someone who had done something she felt like she had to do, yet regretted it all the same.

"You know what's funny? I tried my best. Even when Vier acted so awkward, I just went and thought that was the reason why she's here. If someone acts like they're a robot going through some motions, or reacts just a bit late like they hafta think 'bout it first, or never seem to get any emotions down just right... well, I figured that was just who she was and didn't care 'bout it," Aleen continued, biting her lip for a moment. "But it gets to you. It's this nagging feeling at the back of my head, even now. That split-second pause she has whenever we're talking, like she's looking right through me and confirming something... and how she does it to everyone, friend or not. It's creepy. I can't help it. She's my friend yet it sometimes creeps me out, and I can't help it!"

Heaving a heavy sigh after her small outburst, Aleen ran her fingers through her hair, looking more tired than she ever had been. Still dressed in her pajamas, yet with an expression of someone who hadn't caught a wink of good rest for a month, the girl looked like she was ready to collapse at any second. Those red eyes of hers glanced at Lucille, her other eyebrow raised a little.

"I... I wanna be her friend, but I can't get myself to totally trust her... because she never looks like she totally trusts me. Or she totally trusts anyone," Aleen finally said. "I heard what Elise and Xylia said to her yesterday... and they both gotta point. Even if I don't wanna that they have. And it's making it super hard to trust my best friend right now."

Letting her head hit the wall behind with a thud, Aleen stopped trying and let herself look as lost as she ever had.

"------ Because I've seen her eyes sometimes, and I know she coulda done that to Cesarina. Even if I don't wanna believe it," the bluehead muttered in only a whisper. "I can't trust her... 'cause she ain't trusting nobody."