Page 15 of 244 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Field
    Morning Phase
    Partly Cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine Winters
    "It's always good to have a reliable sort of guy around, y'know?"
    I fail to see how my ability and willingness to jog in the early morning is in any way an assessment of reliability.

He is this close to opening his mouth and saying those exact words. He would have definitely done so yesterday. Not this morning. Instead, he considers Elaine’s curious choice of words. He may be working from first impressions, but Elaine projected the image of a down-to-Earth kind of person, completely unlike others among the First Class, like, say, Adelaide. “Running off her mouth”, projecting an image of “talkativeness” and addressing a boy she has just met as “reliable”.

Elaine Winters wants something. Alternatively, maybe he is reading too much on things and she is just naturally friendly in a different way to Sakura. In which case, great! It will be nice to get along.

In the former case, well, John Dove also wants something from Elaine Winters.

A few somethings, to be precise.

Wait, so it was not a figment of his imagination, and Adelaide

Mentally scolding himself for, again, getting way ahead of things, John Dove shakes his head in a way he hopes projects amusement.

“Nice to meet you too, Elaine.”

His smile becomes a little crooked.

“But, um, I dunno about ‘reliable’; I mean…I’m as out of my element here as I’d say everybody else, and, well, we all know the reasons we are here.”

Is there a single “reliable” person among First Class?

John almost laments not putting enough thought into this before coming to Road’s End. Even if they belong to the hollow, colorless world, their inner struggles, to them, are very real, and define the lies they wear. This is true everywhere, but considering the nature of the people chosen by Mr. Oceandrop, it is of dramatic importance in this stage.

Another mental kick. Save the deep thinking for when alone, he tells himself. It is a drastic change to his usual mentality, but, right now, Elaine Winters is important.

“But, if there’s any way I can help make this year more, um, agreeable to the two of us, well, you can let me know.”

Immediately after that, John Dove wonders whether he has not just said something that could be easily misunderstood. Not for too long, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklêun
    "Hiyas, Johnnie! Hiyas, Yankee!”

Of course.

For a moment, for a vestige of a moment, John Dove’s face hardens with suspicion. Why is she here? Is she following him? Is she out for revenge for the butt-tick fiasco, or is it something more important?

Then he remembers that, no, the world most definitely does not revolve around him, and well, it is Ubon Sĕeklêun. If anything, he should be glad to see her.

“Hello, Ubon,” he greets at the figure still a distance away; probably the loudest he has spoken in years. “I’m fine today, thanks for asking, but I’m clearly no match for your enthusiasm.”

Aware of how societal cues work, John then turns to his current jogging partner, gesturing in the energetic newcomer’s direction.

“You might already know this, but this is Ubon, from Thailand. She is…”

And that is when John Dove realizes that, indeed, he has no words to describe Ubon Sĕeklêun.

The morning breeze wheezes past as if in mockery. Emergency times call for emergency measures.

“…quite something.”

Strangely, for the first time in his life, John Dove wishes he rather were an ostrich.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994
    Weather: Partly Cloudy

I woke to the strange sound coming from outside. Half asleep, I crawled out of bed, did some stretches, then grabbed my pocket mirror. I groaned at the sight of my bed head; the long hair was a blessing and a curse at the same time. I started combing my hair, when suddenly ---

Groooowl~

...Ah, I guess I'll eat something first. Dropping the mirror and the comb on the bed, I made my way towards the door. What shall I make for breakfast...I yearn for a nice omelette, maybe some ham and eggs...

I opened the door, stepped outside ---

Then, looking around, I realized that I was not at home. I was there, standing in an unfamiliar hallway, in my underwear. With a quick and graceful twirl, I was back in my room; now completely awake, with my heart beating extremely fast. That could have been a disaster - I hope no one saw me.

I took a few moments to think about how I wanted to approach this situation, now that the circumstances have changed.

Let's...put on my clothes and take care of my hair first.

I carefully washed my face, my teeth, and did my hair. My clothes of choice for the day ended up being a high-waisted white-on-black polka dot skirt with a plain white T-shirt. Somewhat outgoing for me, I probably can't pull it off, but I wanted to appear approachable. I threw a few things into my bag, grabbed my favourite book and set out to the cafeteria.

Arriving there, I couldn't see many people yet, so I decided to just sit at an empty table and enjoy my book...Though my mind was still mostly occupied with the events of yesterday.

Elaine Winters
    Pinefall High Field
    Morning Phase
    Partly Cloudy

She scratches her cheek a bit self-consciously, "Eh, probably the wrong choice of words, plus it's another assumption, though I thought'd be a nice one to make."

Dummy, you're not talking with Kevin on the street, we're all whack-jobs in here.

She sighed.

Enough beatin around the bush then, "I suppose you just seem a bit more together, at first glance at least, granted my candidate pool isn't the biggest, a grand total of about two, now three, but that's being mean and unfair again."

Look at the social expert over here, a real winner.

Whatevs, whatevs, move on, don't dwell on that foot you stuck in your mouth.

Rallying, she popped out of a small slump and shook off her feelings like a wet dog.

She smiled, "Ah, yeah, that'd be nice, Johnny-boy, I could probably pick your brain about a few things, heck, just the other day, Hisa and I (oh, Hisa's a friend, long hair, asian, looks kinda classy, classier'n me anyway...), went up to the lookout and we saw some real crazy shit I'll tell you what-"

One could assume that Elaine's chattiness and exuberance were putting on airs, a social disguise.

This is not the case, she's just kind of a loud-mouthed, opinionated girl, trying to reach out and make friends.

Naturally, having been speaking of loud-mouths, the next level of jabber-jaws zoomed past them like a rocket.

Ubon she did know of, having seen her name on a door, and been party to being around her when she was feeling excited.

Which, really, seemed to be a lot of the time.

She smiled, a little wryly, "I think I was born on the wrong side of Mason-Dixon to be called Yankee, but it's all the same to y'all ferners, I guess."

A mild twang brushed across her tongue, "Only thing I know bout Thailand is the ladyboys and Bangkok, so ain't I just a sterling example of American Cosmopolitanism."

Still though, Obon's showing off had got her feeling a little competitive...

"Still, can't just let a little show like that go answered, can I?"

Elaine's smile broadened, those white teeth coming into play once more, and her eyes gleamed with a strange light.

Her feet pushed a bit harder against the ground for a moment, her breath quickening and a quiet laugh coming from her mouth.

"Hold my beer and watch this...!"

From the outside, she looked like she was falling, but then her hands snapped out, launching her body up and into the air, wheeling across nimbly, and then into another!

This time, when she reached the midpoint, she shoved off once more with her palms, scarcely feeling the harsh turf against her skin as she launched herself into the air once more, moving gracefully, almost flying for a brief moment.

Her legs lashed out, almost instinctively, into a scissor-like motion but then pivoted into a sharp whirl, depositing her neatly back on her feet, shoes skidding against the track and moving easily back into a smooth jog.

"Hooo..."

She waved her hands about, grimacing a bit, "Need to bring my gloves next time I wanna feel myself a bit. Hehe."

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alexstrasza Lockhart

[BGM]

The cafeteria was surprisingly rowdy by the time Alexstrasza arrived there.

It seemed that some of the students had gotten the idea that by going there early, they might be able to get an extra-serving of food... which was a bit ridiculous. If you could praise the food at the Pinefall Cafeteria for something other than the taste, it was the size of the servings and the ability to refill your plate twice. It looked like Mr. Oceandrop had put quite a lot of money to making sure that the students were well-fed. Even today, other than the regular toast and assorted paraphernalia, there was a choice between porridge and fried eggs & sausages - with pancakes for dessert. If anyone went hungry after a breakfast like that, they only had themselves to blame.

So, after getting her serving, it was time to find a place to sit down... something a bit harder to do than might've been obvious. After all, this was the start of a new school year and everybody was trying to get to the same table as those few people they knew... meaning that choosing your own place, on your lonesome, was an undertaking to be sure.

Eventually, Alexstrasza was forced to settle for a table slightly away from the bustling center of the cafeteria with only one previous occupant... only to find that, at the same time, another person also sat down with their tray - a tiny girl wearing a rather magnificent scowl.

"Hmh?" The previous occupant of the table said, munching on a sausage. "*gulp* O-oh, good morning! A lovely day, isn't it?"

The one who was already sitting there was a young girl - almost as short as the other one - dressed in rather outdated garb of crimson and going barefoot of all things. She also had a rather tiny looking dog on her lap, one that was currently chewing on some fried egg and wagging its tail at both of you.

Anna Vandemeel

L
    ining up for the food had been a rather troublesome experience (thanks to just about every student being there) but eventually Anna managed to emerge from the chaos with her own tray of assorted food.

Finding a place to sit was a whole different thing unfortunately - just about every table was half-full. Different friend groups were conversing with themselves while loners were emanating an aura that told that coffee would be thrown in the face of anyone daring to approach carelessly. So, to avoid a hassle, the girl in red just headed for the nearest table with an empty seat. It was, after all, only a breakfast - even if the cliched laws of youth movies told that where one sat at cafeteria was a sure sign of their rank in the social hierarchy of the school.

"... Mornin', Anna," a familiar voice greeted the girl. "You look like hell. Didn't get any sleep?"

Ramia grinned at Anna, though her own face wasn't better. She had a horrible case of bed hair and slight bags under her eyes told that the girl hadn't gotten that much sleep. She had also piled nothing but sausages on her plate, apparently planning on washing them all down with a cup of coffee so black it might as well been a black hole.

"... hello," another voice, much more quiet this time, piped in.

This one was... Gabi Bahkauv, right? A shy person to be sure, one who had barely gotten their own name out during the introductions in the classroom yesterday.

"Anyways, you came at a good time," Ramia said and winked at Anna. "I was just about to tell Gabi and Elise here about this one time I almost ate a scorpion that had sneaked into my burger."

Elise?

Oh, there was a third person at the table after all, on the other side of Ramia. A brunette in a hoodie.

Elise Pelltier

The rush for the breakfast had been... intense, to be sure. But, Elise had her food, she had her drinks and she had managed to catch a spot at a table that didn't seem to harbor the more threatening sorts of Pinefall High. Indeed, the only two there were a dusky-skinned girl with a pilot's helmet and a small... girl? Guy? Well, someone who practically tried to become one with their seat when Elise sat down.

--- A very shy person, at the very least.

"Oh, good morning," the rowdier of the two greeted Elise. "You're... Pelltier, right? Nice to meet'cha. Feel free to sit here. From the looks of it some of these people will eat you alive if you go bother them during the morning."

The pilot-cap wearing girl chuckled, her voice husky to the point of being manly.

"Oh, I'm Ramia, and this here's Gabi," the dark-skinned girl introduced the two. "Shame about the weather, right? Yesterday it was so sunny, but now it's already clouding up..."

Ramia sighed and skewered one of her sausages with her fork.

"At least the food's good," she continued. "And safe. Not like in Lebanon where I almost got myself killed by eating the last night's burger for breakfast. As it turns out, if you leave food out in the open, it'll attract all sorts of critters and-"

Her quickly growing tale was interrupted when another girl, one with black hair and red jacket, walked over to the table and sat down. Ramia seemed to recognize her, as she gave her a lazy wave.

"... Mornin', Anna," Ramia greeted her acquaintance. "You look like hell. Didn't get any sleep?"

It must've been a joke of some sort since Ramia herself looked quite tired as well. Meanwhile, Gabi Bahkauv was clearly getting flustered by the amount of people suddenly at the table, as he practically sank in his seat, keeping his eyes strictly at his own shoes.

"... hello," he squeaked at the new girl.

Hadn't Ramia said Anna? This must've been Anna Vandemeel. The name at least was familiar from yesterday's introductions in the classroom.

"Anyways, you came at a good time," Ramia said and winked at Anna. "I was just about to tell Gabi and Elise here about this one time I almost ate a scorpion that had sneaked into my burger."

Prushka

At least the appearance of the food didn't suck and neither did the smell.

What did suck, however, was the fact that this meant even Prushka was forced to sit at a table where there was someone else, unable to enjoy her solitary life. At that point the question became about which table had the least people (and which didn't have a possible serial killer like Souma Nubatama) sitting at it. Luckily for Prushka, there was one table with only one other occupant; some Asian-looking girl in red who was currently feeding a small dog on her lap from her plate. While it was still up in the air whether Pinefall accepted pets, there was no way that they would allow dogs in the cafeteria.

And she wasn't even bothering to hide it!

Alas, while it was the table with least other occupants, a disaster struck by the time Prushka got there. As she was pulling up a seat, someone else had had the same idea - some tall-looking blonde girl with a tired expression. Maybe they both had wanted to eat with the least people to bother them and now, they both were paying the price. And speaking of the people at the table...

"Hmh?" The previous occupant of the table said, munching on a sausage. "*gulp* O-oh, good morning! A lovely day, isn't it?"

The girl in red fidgeted on her seat, giving both of them a nervous smile.

This was... Subaru? Subaru Iburi? That might've been her name.

"---!"

Wait, what was that?

Out there on the corner of her eye... didn't Prushka see Pyry standing in the line to get his food?

Why was he staring like that, with completely blank face and a bit of a scary look in his eyes?

... staring at her cheek, to be more precise...?

Momoi Hisa

Sometimes life just wanted to kick one in the shins out of pure spite.

This must've been one of those times.

While the plan to go out to the cafeteria early to enjoy a book and pick a table in peace was a sound one, it's folly was revealed the moment Momoi got back to her place, having went to fetch food once it was being served. Her table was once more empty... almost. It now had new occupant who was already eating his food, lazily shoveling spoonfuls of porridge into his mouth. How he had gotten to the line before Momoi, that was anyone's guess, but now... he had 'made himself home' at her table.

And this person didn't look friendly in the least.

Rude eyes, punky-blue hair, heavy jacket and the posture of a thug... this had to be Travis Gagnon - one of the more unpleasant people from yesterday's introductions in one of the classrooms. He had acted like jerk-in-waiting, glaring at the rest of the students like they had stunk up something fierce.

And now he was there, eating his breakfast with no care in the world, still wearing that unpleasant grin that was almost permanently etched on his face.

"..." He said nothing, only glanced at Momoi as she approached.

Well, he didn't say anything for ten seconds.

After that, almost like he was unable to stop himself...

"--- Nice panties, by the way," he blurted with a shit-eating grin.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 23rd, 2019 at 07:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    5:56

So read the alarm clock in its digital, dim-red display. The clock was on its 4th loop of the song that it had been rigged it to play as a substitute for its shrill BEEP, BEEP alarm. The vibrations of the alarm clock’s speakers doing overtime made the keys shake and jingle until at last the zombie arm of the corpse belonging to Colt Davin crept out from under the covers.

“Rahggnmmff…”

Swatting blindly until he hit the off button, a human burrito rolled, literally, out of his bed. Hitting the floor with a loud thump, he crawled on all fours toward the shower.

Lifting himself onto the ceramic, Colt laid his head against the hard wall and lazily turned the nob to the coldest setting possible. The only thing other than copiously loud hard rock.

-----

Colt Davin

Shivering, Colt wrapped himself with a towel and began gathering up his things for the day. Drying off and dressing himself, taking care of dental hygiene with a lazy flossing session, he glanced at the polished tools strewn about his desk, and his reflection contained therein. Lazy, half-asleep eyes, behind which the cogs were only slowly beginning to unthaw and get into gear.

“Mornin’ sunshine.”

In a dull voice, Colt spoke to the Colt reflected back as he packed up the tools. He couldn’t remember falling asleep, nor did he remember waking up. The whole ‘sleeping’ routine was not something his body or mind necessarily agreed with.

The last thing he could recall was locking the pistol in his case. The case that he glanced at, which had not moved since last night. And the dream. Which wasn’t quite a normal dream.

“Fool with that another mornin’…”

Voice low with the fatigue of bad sleep on an unfamiliar bed, Colt went through his drawers. The spirit to dress to impress wasn’t with him today, as he opted for blue jeans and a brown button down. Filling his pockets with the essentials of a young man’s daily life, he left his room.

Three hours until class. More than enough time to get a bite to eat.

There was something of a battle for food in the cafeteria. The morning-averse teenager made himself content to be the last in line, not struggling or fighting for any best bite. It didn’t take astute observation to see that the good pickings were far from slim. What was more important was his beverage for the morning. Something heavy in sugar. Caffeine would be nice, but he could skip it. He had to have sugar. Which he found in the orange juice offered along with his plate of sausage, country biscuits, ham, and a pair of scrambled eggs.

The sight of his peers gave Colt the idea that the rest of the students were vampires that had each taken a bite of him last night, sucking away any energy he might have woken up with this morning.

A true travesty.

Yes, that thought is a travesty. There’s an appeal to vampires, but being bitten isn’t one of his interests.

“No, I definitely don’t have a thing for blood either, gross…”

Muttering to himself, Colt found a seat.

How could he allow himself to willingly imagine the girls as vampires when he should instead be picturing the girls in his head as succubi, crawling into his bed at night, lifting the covers and pulling down his… and then…

A spray of orange juice shot out like a tiny cannon as the fantasy grew a bit too vivid.

Dabbing up the mess on the table with some napkins, Colt hung his head….

“There’s no recovering from that…”

… And hoped nobody was watching.

Blog Entries
    John Dove & Elaine Winters

"Holy crap!" Ubon exclaimed. "That was super cool, for realsies!"

It seemed that Elaine's showcase of athleticism had impressed even the excited cyanhead as her eyes were practically glowing thanks to what they had just witnessed. Grinning from ear to ear, she set her pace to match that of John and Elaine, opting to stay at their speed instead of just zooming on ahead. And perhaps that was for the better. If she had kept up a pace like that, she would have most likely fallen from exhaustion, no matter how much of a sugar-rush bunny she was.

"Hey, hey, do you do sports? Gymnastics? No, wait, lemme guess!" Ubon practically squealed out of excitement as she pressed Elaine for answers. "You're one of those China Town supercops from New York or sumthing, right? I saw it on TV! You guys are sooooo cool! I never thought hardware stores held so many weapons in them. I always just visited them to get stepladders or nailguns or other boooring stuff."

Then, practically with the same breath, Ubon's head swiveled to look at John.

"You know what I'm talking 'bout, right Johnnie? Doesn't she look like the type who'll go 'Ataa!' or 'Wooaa!' or 'Aiaa!' whenever she throws a punch or a chop or a kick?" She asked completely sincerely. "D-do you think she'd teach me if I asked? The last time I kicked someone I just broke my toesies..."

Letting out a bit of a whimper at the memory, Ubon sneaked glances at Elaine not-so-secretly, clearly under the impression that the blonde hadn't heard her.

... Well, a birdbrain in the morning was something of an experience, indeed.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “There’s no recovering from that…”
    "You can say that again."

That was the comment form the pink-haired boy who was currently cleaning his face with a napkin, thanks to a certain surprise orange-juice-attack. He had a rather dry and annoyed look on his face as he looked at Colt, not bothering to hide his distaste about what had happened. Then again, it might have been just the fact that Colt had completely ignored him when he sat down, almost like he'd have been dead air. Maybe it was a new sensation for the beanie-wearing youth, considering his looks were enough to turn heads just about anywhere.

"Can I ask for an explanation, or is that the reason why you're at Pinefall?" The boy continued. "Your inability to keep your drinks in your mouth."

"Oh, I bet that's just because he's a dork and a perv," came another voice from the other end of the table. "I saw his face before he turned into a super soaker. I'm willing to bet like ten bucks that he was thinking 'bout something pervy."

These biting words came from a blue-haired girl that was wolfing down her breakfast like she had never seen food before. In fact, the fervor was a little scary to look at. Just how hungry could one person be?

"Really?" the pink-haired boy cocked an eyebrow at Colt.

These two... Remembering yesterday's introductions round, they were Caleb Montjoy and Aleen King, right?

Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Field
    Morning Phase
    Partly Cloudy

What does an ordinary, mediocre man like John Dove think upon witnessing such a succession of athletic showcases? Envy, he does not. It is not as if he wants to distinguish himself in sports or any other physical discipline. Disdain, not either. He is the first to acknowledge the things that distinguish other people, if only because they feel like pale, insignificant reflections of the true sublimity he once was privileged to witness. Pity…perhaps a little, but he does not want to. That leads to the same gray path he walked yesterday evening. Ubon unknowingly pulled him out of that path; it would be a disservice to fall into the same gloom.

He is centered now.

“…most impressive,” he thus says, in the same sedate tone he would use to, let us say, praise Mercedes West’s thighs.

"You know what I'm talking 'bout, right Johnnie? Doesn't she look like the type who'll go 'Ataa!' or 'Wooaa!' or 'Aiaa!' whenever she throws a punch or a chop or a kick? D-do you think she'd teach me if I asked? The last time I kicked someone I just broke my toesies..."
    Something sparkles in John’s irises, as he forces himself to acknowledge that there is something special about Ubon Sĕeklêun. In her own way. She has made him chuckle, because…

“As a matter of fact, I do know exactly what you are talking about.”

He was a child once, after all. Thus, it is with true mirth that he slightly turns to their sporty companion—“sporty” being a severe understatement by this point—, trying his best to reproduce Ubon’s hopeful glancing. The less said about his degree of success, the better.

“So? Can you bestow your ancient American martial wisdom upon us, sensei?”

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Why is anyone awake at this ungodly hour? Even with that obnoxious alarm, the only reason I remained awake was due to Cesarina's unearthly snoring. It's like God himself exists in her lungs, and he's desperately trying to escape.

With fried eggs, sausage, and pancakes, I have seated myself. Unfortunately with others. While technically alone, I am now surrounded by a very small girl and a woman with a dog.

"Hmh? "*gulp* O-oh, good morning! A lovely day, isn't it?"

I nod, smiling at the girl, gesturing with my fork. "Well, I suppose one could consider it such, yes. But whether it is a lovely day or simply a lovely morning is hard to tell as of yet, no? After all, the day has only just begun."

I stab an egg. It does nothing to awaken me.

"Considering all the things that we know and do not know, I would hazard this - today is both a good and lovely day as of the current moment in time. In an hour, in a minute, even in a second; that could all change in a flash! Why, this time yesterday I dodged a knife that embedded itself in my headboard, and yet here I am today, awake and unstabbed! Life changes quickly, wouldn't you say?"

Winking at her, I take a sip of what I thought was simply coffee --

-- and gasp.

Coffee, as a whole, is a rather poor beverage; a taste that I have acquired over many years and late nights. It is not a beverage meant for everyone, so much as it is a beverage that everyone drinks. This, however...

This is a superb cup of coffee. With no sugar added, not even any cream, and yet the taste lingers on the tongue just long enough to allow the drinker to truly know that there is more caffeine in this single mouthful then in an entire can of soda. I cut a slice of pancake, placing in my mouth and shuddering with delight, for the pancakes, too...

...Are incredible.

Tender and fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth sort of pancakes that are designed for any and everyone, but if you have not eaten many in your life, you would scarcely know the difference. These are pancakes for the people, just like this is coffee for the people.

"!"

Even the sausages - perfectly cooked, crisp, and I can't be fast enough to pour syrup over the entire plate, nodding in approval as everything slowly absorbs the sugar-filled liquid as I sip the coffee next to me, glancing upwards at the two sitting next to me. Breakfast is, of course, the most important meal of the day.

"If you're looking for more food, feel free to come back here. After all, coffee this delicious is to be enjoyed together, no?"
    Last edited by Frantic Author; January 23rd, 2019 at 08:25 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Elise Pelltier

There weren't any muffins, which was a mild disappointment for Elise, but that was very quickly buried and forgotten on a plate full of eggs, sausages, and pancakes. And a cup of tea.

I was foolish to believe there wouldn't be an early breakfast rush. Woe to those who are late.

She searched around for an open seat and was happy to find one with a pair of friendly faces. Well, one friendly face and one very shy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramia Ramalsaqr
    Oh, good morning," the rowdier of the two greeted Elise. "You're... Pelltier, right? Nice to meet'cha. Feel free to sit here. From the looks of it some of these people will eat you alive if you go bother them during the morning."

The pilot-cap wearing girl chuckled, her voice husky to the point of being manly.
    "Yeah, Elise Pelltier! Glad to meet you!" said Elise as she took the seat, "Thanks for letting me join you two!"

Elise set her tray down on the table, careful to not spill her tea, or the plate loaded with delicious breakfast foods.

"Oh, I'm Ramia, and this here's Gabi," the dark-skinned girl introduced the two. "Shame about the weather, right? Yesterday it was so sunny, but now it's already clouding up..."
    "Please to meet you, Gabi!" said Elise as she settled in, "Weather's not too bad. Certainly not as nice as yesterday, but it's not got that full on gloomy overcast day going on. At least not yet, we should still get to see some sun."

As Ramia began relating a horror story of food dangers, Elise listened intent as she set about clearing her plate of its delicious contents.

She quickly finished off her mouthful to introduce herself to the newcomer to the table.

"Nice to meet you, Anna! I'm Elise!" she said with a wave.

"I almost ate a wasp on my sandwich once, but that does not seem nearly as terrifying."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"Can I ask for an explanation, or is that the reason why you're at Pinefall? Your inability to keep your drinks in your mouth."

“Oh, oh, oh. Oh, crap. I’m uh, I didn’t see you. Still half asleep and stuff an-“

"Oh, I bet that's just because he's a dork and a perv, I saw his face before he turned into a super soaker. I'm willing to bet like ten bucks that he was thinking 'bout something pervy."

“Really?”

“No no no nonono I was not thinking about anything of the sort. You, uh, what-was-your-name-again, would be out a sawbuck if you made that bet, because I was DEFINITELY not thinking about…” Colt shut his lips abruptly before allowing himself to go into any unnecessary specifics. “It was just, I just had a bad night of sleep. You know? Right? Unfamiliar bed, new climate, long trip… Right?”

Lying right through his teeth, Colt turned to the boy with the raised eyebrow.

“Look, I’m sorry. I really am, I mean it. I just wasn’t paying attention and was on autopilot while drinking, letting my brain wander. You know? You ever have those moments where you remember that, say, you left something highly flammable and possibly explosive near an open flame, and crushed a can of coke in your palm and maybe cut yourself and spilled coke everywhere? Well that’s what happened. I just remembered I…”

Mind racing, Colt tried to think of something. Anything, even if it was a lie, something that could sound convincing and urgent enough to justify the shameful display.

“… forgot to put on underwear this morning.”

A dead serious face stared back at that raised eyebrow, trying desperately not to crack, not to so much as twitch.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille woke up a bit before six.

This wasn’t something she necessarily wanted to do, but something ingrained into her out of sheer habit. It was for her health that she slept early and woke up at the crack of dawn, her family had told her. Having been heavily disciplined this way, she was probably the rare example of a teenager that was conceivably a morning person. Mornings were generally cool, pleasant, and she liked the sunrise.

However, this did not make her immune to the effects of the school announcement system, which annoyed her to no end as she was getting dressed. Could the responsible get their reprieve from the necessary discipline others needed? She liked quiet mornings. Waking up and getting ready was supposed to be a relaxed affair, not something that required the audio equivalent of a tooth extraction.

Taking a few deep breaths to center herself, Lucille decided to make her way to the kitchen. It wasn’t that she could cook—she’d never prepared a meal more complex than a sandwich in her life—but she was idly curious if anyone was willing to make a meal for themselves. Mister Oceandrop was no doubt a wealthy man, and she had the suspicion that the food would be superb. Whomever would actually be there was probably pleasantly interesting. At least, she hoped. Yesterday’s encounter in the showers was still burned into her brain.

That, and the cafeteria would be loud. She didn’t have any prior experience to fall back on, but it was pretty likely that there’d at least be twenty or so students there at the same time, and she just wanted a peaceful, relaxing morning to truly unwind from her hectic day previously. If there wasn’t anyone in the kitchen, she could hide out there for a while and take things at her leisure.

Elaine Winters

Elaine was grateful that the show of appreciation allowed her a moment to sigh in relief.

The [Self-Defeating Southern Saying] was very dangerous, but it seems she had stayed its wrath for another time. Made her look pretty cool, too, she thought, as she puffed up at the praise, preening.

"I'm honestly just glad I didn't fall on my face," She half-joked, dusting her hands off.

She was immediately set-upon by a frenzied Ubon, who bombarded her with questions, the blonde reeling back under the sudden assault.

"Ah, aha, well I did spend a bit here and there working on picking it up," She said sheepishly, "Alla those cartwheels and springs are from gymnastics and stuff, yeah, and that last bit..."

Her eyes gleamed again, "It was actually a modified Huracánrana, used in those Lucha matches down south, I saw a few of them a couple of years ago when we lived down close to the border and it was freakin' radical, girl! See how I was swingin' my legs out for a headscissors into a tilt-a-whirl... and then I think I'd go for a pin right there, straight to the mat."

She nodded, almost to herself, mind spinning with the possibilities.

Was probably a little stiff, though. Which is fine, she wasn't much for on-stage antics, as much as she adored the Furies, they were an exception.

"Oh man, and you can get sooo much stuff from hardware stores, hammers and ladders and saws, oh man saws, I freakin' love Evil Dead 2..."

She mumbled to herself, mind bouncing around again, like she'd said to John earlier, she had a tendency to go off on tangents, conversationally and otherwise.

"Eh? Oh yeah, I know a bit of kung fu an' stuff," She nodded, "Plus I think Grandad was a boxer, so it's in the blood, I guess."

"What about you, John," Elaine asked, having wandered off a bit from the topic, "You into any of this kind of stuff? Manly Self-Defense stuff to look after the womenfolk?"

Was that a glint of amusement in her eye?

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"PFFFFFFTTT!"

If Colt had been a small fountain or a water pistol with his juice, Aleen King was a goddamn geyser with her coffee.

It really was a magnificent spray, reaching all the way to the students still lining up for breakfast, causing them to yell out in shock and horror and disperse like a school of fish attacked by a shark. Many sent a dirty glare towards the table, causing Aleen to flinch, turn bright red, and slowly disappear beneath the table to avoid all the rude stares and curses thrown their way.

Caleb, on the other hand, looked at his napkin that was woefully under-qualified to clean the spray of coffee... just like the one of Colt's was when it came to him. The two boys would probably be smelling like caffeine for the rest of the day.

"Well... I suppose that's one way to start the morning," Caleb said, grunting and rubbing his temple. "I would say: 'got the taste of your own medicine' but... even I think that was a bit too much. You okay there?"

Showing surprising calmness despite his growing grumpiness, Caleb took a look around to see if there anything like paper towels or something nearby to help them out, but alas, there was no help. At least without looking all around the cafeteria.

"Also, Miss King? Could you kindly take responsibility for what you've done before someone murders us where we stand?" Caleb continued, nodding towards the angry line of people. "If you didn't mind."

"You guys both SUCK!" came the eloquent answer from under the table.

Shaking his head, Caleb could nothing but shrug.

"Oh? And... Davin, was it?" Caleb asked, turning his attention back to Colt.

A frown appeared on his face.

"... Put some bloody underpants on."

Lucille Faraday

Even if the cafeteria was full, that might have been a better choice.

For, as it turned out, the kitchen of the dormitory was a battlefield of sorts right about now.

All sorts of assorted foodstuffs like tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce leaves, salad, butter, cheese, ham, chorizo, pepperoni, salami, tuna, shrimp, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and too many others to name had been spread around the room like someone was trying to summon the eldritch Oscar Mayer God of Overeating in a bizarre ritual involving breakfast of untold proportions. But even this chaos was not the worst part - no, it was the fact that something had been used to prepare out of this primordial sea of breakfast.

There, on the kitchen table, sat a whole baguette that had been cleft in twain and stuffed so full and so to the brim with ingredients that it had ceased to resemble a bread and instead had taken the appearance of some sort of overgrown, mayonnaise-filled abomination train of taste and fats. Next to it was brewing, quite innocently on the stove, a kettle of tea that worked as a wonderful counterpart to the ridiculous sight, being so normal.

And the reason for all of this, the one behind this culinary murder that Lucille now caught red-handed?

"Oh, hi! What's up?"

None other than Sakura Tsukioka, smiling from ear to ear at Lucille.

"... You want one?"

She nodded towards the gigantic sandwich and raised the butter knife she held quite menacingly.

John Dove & Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "What about you, John, you into any of this kind of stuff? Manly Self-Defense stuff to look after the womenfolk?"
    "Nah, Johnnie's a nerd!" Ubon intercepted before the boy could get a word in edgewise. "All he does is draw these pictures of this---"

Suddenly Ubon's head perked up as if she had finally put together 2+2 and somehow got 121,759 as an answer. Her head swiveled between the blonde and the boy, gears in her mind going overdrive and a expression quite mirthful appearing on her face. It was the unapologetic face of someone who wanted to tease the hell out of someone else and was only now coming up with a proper way to do it.

---------- Thus.

There was no measuring the magnitude of smug that rose to Ubon's face when she finally went on the assault.

"Aaaactually, hear this, hear this!" Ubon was practically vibrating thanks to her excitement. "Johnnie's got his notebook of super-detailed pics of this one, young, super purty looking---"

Time crawled to a halt.

If she got to finish that sentence, for John, it might as well be a social death most foul...!

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Oceandrop, you are forgiven.

Eggs. Sausages. Orange juice. Everything the body needs.

Everything, and more.

I can smell it as I walk through the bustling cafeteria. Fat, protein, hunger, fruit, excitement, and satisfaction. This is it, the legendary cafeteria where hundreds of children and teenagers gather together to enjoy some good, simple food.

I kind of hate it, really. It's too busy. Too exposed. Too smelly. I'd prefer to eat on my own, but it's impossible to find an empty table.

Should I just go eat on the roof?

...nah. It's too far away. I'll be needing refills.

My tray settles onto the table at the same time as another. Some taller girl, who's...

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouth
    "Considering all the things that we know and do not know, I would hazard this - today is both a good and lovely day as of the current moment in time. In an hour, in a minute, even in a second; that could all change in a flash! Why, this time yesterday I dodged a knife that embedded itself in my headboard, and yet here I am today, awake and unstabbed! Life changes quickly, wouldn't you say?"

"..."

I stand up, pick up my tray, and walk around to the other side of the table, next to the shorter girl that doesn't mock me by her very appearance. I drop my tray an inch from the table and it clatters loudly, though not nearly loud enough to drown out the incessant chattering of my clearly airheaded, grown up self. Then I take a proper seat and stab a fork into a mountain of scrambled eggs tall enough to nearly, but alas not completely, block out the view of the cheerful idiot in front of me.

It's too early for this. A girl this relentlessly happy might as well be screaming out that she's a plastic advertisement for someone else entirely, who's certainly nowhere near as outgoing as she pretends to be.

"Morning."

Yes. That's about the nicest word in my vocabulary right now. I follow it up with a massive clump of hashbrowns that balloons one of my cheeks - not the sore one, obviously - and keeps me from saying anything else for a good thirty seconds.

Oh right, the other girl. She's short, which means no neck pain and is already a plus in my book. Asian? Did she come from Japan? How's her English-?

"Ack!"

I can't help what happens next. Is it my fault that I missed it? Was I so absorbed in my own misery that I failed to notice that adorable bundle of fluff sitting on her - Subaru Iburi's - lap, munching on an egg like the most precious creature in the world!?

Something is stuck in my throat, and the ensuing battle to get it down nearly kills me. But I emerge because I have something to fight for. A reason to live!

Gulp.

"H-hi." Don't stare, Prushka. It's rude.

But alas, I can't look away. "Um. Nice to meet you."

Talk to the person, Prushka.

But... it's just... too cute...

Perhaps the only thing that can tear my gaze away is a familiar expression, glimpsed out of the corner of my eye. Pyry, standing in line, looking absolutely incensed about... oh. Damnit.

It's a good excuse to leave, though.

"Gonna get seconds," I say, having barely dented the firsts. I slide away, leaving my mountain of eggs and meat on the table next to the cuteness singularity, and nab another tray, skipping into line right next to Pyry.

Yeah, he's too damned tall. Looking up up at this idiot will give me neck cramps. Let's see... that'll do.

I vault onto one of the retractable dividers keeping the line in some semblance of order, wobbling for a moment before finding my balance. That brings me up to... chest level.

"Morning, Kong. You look like you just swallowed a fly."

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"O-oh, off she goes..."

Subaru watched with slight worry clear on her face as Prushka took off not long after she had sat down. The dog on her lap finished its fried egg and put its paws and head on the table, shooting a pleading look onto Alexstrasza and her plate. Absentmindedly Subaru scratched it behind the ears, causing the creature's tongue to loll out in a satisfied, blissful manner.

"I... I wonder if she was alright," Subaru mused, giving somewhat anxious look to the taller girl. "That bruise on her cheek looked rather painful, did it not? M-mayhaps we should have asked if she needed an ice pack or something similar. I'm s-sure that I had some salve on my bag, and there's always the nurse's office and..."

It seemed that Subaru's good mood had taken a bit of a hit after getting a look at Prushka's obvious bruise.

And now she was seeking advice from Alexstrasza.

"O-oh, sorry, you're still eating," Subaru added hurriedly. "I didn't m-mean to ruin your mood as well."

Prushka
    [BGM]

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Morning, Kong. You look like you just swallowed a fly."
    Being this close to the tall boy, it was clear that something more than just his intense stare was off.

There was a definite smell -no, make that stench- of cheap alcohol, most likely whiskey, on his clothes and in his breath. In addition the clear and rather disgusting smell of cigarettes also hung around him like a cloud like he had smoked a whole pack before coming to the cafeteria. Not only that, but up-close, it was clear to see that his eyes were having trouble focusing and there was slight slump to his shoulders, like he wasn't even trying to keep his posture straight.

It was... rather unlike how he had looked yesterday.

But even with all that, or rather thanks to all that, the other problem yet persisted.

------- Namely, the look in his eyes.

While Pyry's face was completely inexpressive, like a tranquil lake of ice, his eyes were screaming bloody murder as he stared not at Prushka, but at the bruise on her other cheek. One could see the plastic tray bend under his grip, signaling that the fury in him must've been transmitted as one hell of a grip. Even his knuckles were white. Every hair on his body was seemingly standing up. All together... they were not a good sign.

But even worse were his words, ignoring Prushka's greeting completely.

"............. Who?"

That voice was practically a growl.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa

After some consideration, I decided to go with bacon and eggs. Not exactly the quality that I could have made for myself, but I guess this is something I'll have to get used to...

Turning back towards my table, I saw that now there was someone else sitting there, lazily eating a bowl of porridge. He looked like trouble, and was probably the last person I wanted to talk out of all the students, but I guess this is what I get for now. He probably sat at my table for a reason, so I can't just ignore him and sit somewhere else.

I walked back to the table, mentally preparing myself for what was to come. This ain't new, I can deal with this. I sit down on the opposite side of the table ---

Quote Originally Posted by Thug
    "--- Nice panties, by the way,"
    ---Ah. Knowing that I was wearing a midi skirt, I was sure there was no way people could peek under it, so I assume...He saw me during my morning performance...Well, its not like I have anything to be embarrassed about, long as he doesn't insult me because of my scars...

Putting on a small smile and not showing any signs of embarrassment, I answered; "Thanks, I'm glad that they are to your liking. Much as I don't expect people to see them, I do try to wear nice ones."

Thinking for a moment while taking a bite from my breakfast, I came to the conclusion that I would try to be nice for the time being. Everyone deserves a chance...How ironic.

"I'm Hisa, in case you are interested. I'd guess you sit here for a reason, other than just to compliment my underwear?"

Elaine Winters

"Ah, a nerd? That's okay, man, I got a brother who still plays with Transformers."

Grimlock was fuckin' rad, though, not gonna lie. Jimmy was salty as shit when they made off with it.

But wait, there was something else, something more, and her metaphorical ears perked up.

"Oooh, oooh, you got the gossip? Aw shit, what's up, what's uuuuup, what's Little John so into? Racy nudes, dirty shit?"

A pause.

"Some really weird stuff? I mean, I've run with some weirdos in my time so it's not bad, but-"

Fuck it.

"Tell me! Tellmetellmetellmetellmeeeee."

She was vibrating in place, natural curiosity roused and combined with the innate teasing capability of a younger sister!

"Gimme the deets, girl!"
    Last edited by Mormarth; March 19th, 2021 at 10:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Field
    Morning Phase
    Partly Cloudy

As John watches Elaine respond to Ubon, or at least try to, he realizes he is not merely in the company of two very athletic young women. He is surrounded by two bundle of sheer, poorly restrained energy. So much so, that he almost feels like his own energy is being drained by two overly enthusiastic vampires. Ubon is…well, Ubon. Elaine is…well, she is not quite “all muscle no brain” as she claimed. She is merely lacking at sustaining mental focus. John would be go so far as to claim he has “figured her out”, but from what he’s seen thus far, a small attention deficit is not the end of the world. If anything, it may help her keep her mind away from unnecessary, worthless things.

“Hmm,” he murmurs, more to himself than to the two ladies. “Evil Dead 2 was amusing, yes. Army of Darkness went a bit too far for my tastes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine Winters
    "You into any of this kind of stuff? Manly Self-Defense stuff to look after the womenfolk?"
    “Womenfolk”?

Storing that most unusual word in the linguistic center of his brain, John acknowledges Elaine’s questions as the all-too-familiar beginning of a “joke” at his expense. Besides, it is not as if he intends to be something he is not, and there are a whole number of perfectly normal reasons I never did something like martial arts—

"Nah, Johnnie's a nerd! All he does is draw these pictures of this—“
    (BGM)

This giiiiiiiiiiiirl!

John Dove’s head vibrates at the sheer power of his internal scream.

Ubon Sĕeklêun, bless her fundamental simple-mindedness, eloquently reveals through her expression that which the young man utterly dreads.

Thusly, time stops.

She saw! She saw! How!? When!? Why!?

I have to stop her! How do I stop her!?

She’s faster than me, she’s more agile and her reaction time is likely superior; I have no chance to physically restrain her—no, wait, that would be wrong, and Elaine might actually hurt me!

A meteor! I need a meteor, right now! A meteor! On her head! Come on, world, wield your absurdity in my favor for once—oh, for fuck’s sake, what am I even—how dare she!?

You don’t get to talk about her! Nobody gets to talk about her! She is…!

She is…!

John Dove awakens!

Even if every mental calculation leads to disaster, even if there does not seem to be the slightest chance of stopping the encroaching doom…he absolutely cannot give up on this! As a man, as John Dove, this is the one thing he absolutely will not surrender!

Fuck, why did I have to bring my sketchpad with me yesterday!?

If he cannot make her shut up physically, then he can only overcome this challenge with the very same means he has navigated the world of falsity all these years.

It is deployed: the invincible weapon he has prepared against Ubon Sĕeklêun…!

“Ubon!” He uncharacteristically yells, a tremulous finger pointing at her, or more precisely, her neck. “What’s that dark spot on your neck…!”

He let his eyes grow wide, projecting horrified realization. And, before Elaine can even think of refuting him…!

“Is that a tick!?”

There! He only needs a moment to reach for her, put at least a step of distance away from Elaine, and get close enough to speak to her ear! Otherwise he is (socially) doomed (definitely an exaggeration)!

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Cheshire

She rolled her head to the right, then to the left, stretching as she made her way into the cafeteria. An early morning fight with her suitcases had slightly reduced the number of dresses, making it a little more habitable - but not by much. At least she didn't have to swim out of her room now.

Adelaide had even managed to find a grey dress that didn't look like it was launching an offensive on the world, so the morning wasn't looking too bad.

She saw familiar faces here and there - Colt covered in caffeine was quite the sight, and she gave him a little wave as she passed - but when she saw Pyry she began to amble her way over to him, the smaller girl making her way to the blond duo, the heavy metal boy and a girl she didn't recognize, someone even shorter than her.

Ready to take some small pleasure in being taller than someone else, her good mood lasted until-

Until she hit the wave of alcohol that emanated from Pyry.

That, and the chips of ice that had replaced his eyes.

Adelaide's own eyes went blank for a fraction of a second, flicking to the smaller girl's cheek, a nasty bruise darkening the skin there, to Pyry's hands on his lunch tray, to his white knuckles, to the stillness of his mouth-

She blinked.

"............. Who?"

"Pyry."

Her voice was very soft. Not weak, just soft. The kind of way you might talk to wounded animal; she avoided sounding patronizing, thankfully.

Somehow, even with that soft voice, both of the other blondes could hear it.

"What do you want to do?"
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'