Page 16 of 244 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove & Elaine Winters
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994
    Weather: Partly Cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Is that a t-!?"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Ubon
    Sĕeklêun practically exploded before John even managed to finish his sentence.

The smug expression on her face evaporated immediately and was replaced by that of utter horror and panic that transcended laws of space and time. Before either one of them could even hear the yell leave from their ears, the cyan-haired girl had descended into a flurry of blows and attacks towards her own neck, futile attempts at getting to an illusory tick that she could never reach. Her arms swishes around, her legs were a blur of movement and the whole body of Ubon seemed to be going through some sort of metamorphosis into a ferret on speed.

"Gedditoffgedditoffgedditoffgedditoffgedditoffgedd itoffgedditoffgedditoffgedditoooooooff~!"

Well, John got what he wanted.

Ubon had stopped for long enough for him to defuse the situation.

But... wasn't she more dangerous to approach right now?

"GYAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

------- Did her right leg just rotate 90-degrees upwards, striking at the back of her neck with a swift kick!?

... Yes, this may have been a mistake.

Momoi Hisa

Quote Originally Posted by Momoi
    "I'm Hisa, in case you are interested. I'd guess you sit here for a reason, other than just to compliment my underwear?"
    Travis picked his teeth with a toothpick in a lazy manner and threw a glance towards Momoi, one that... didn't exactly feel safe. Not in the same way that Souma Nubatama's eyes felt. This look was just... sleazy. Unwelcome. One that made one's body shiver with unpleasantness. Whatever was going through his mind, it wasn't something that could be talked about in polite company.

"... Nah, not really," Travis eventually answered. "Got a decent look, liked what I saw, decided to check if you were into that sorta stuff and if I could get me some more, but looking at you... I guess you're not the type after all. Shame. This school's got some lookers, like that Mercedes West chick, but ain't not one of them putting out. Still... damn. Thighs for days, you hear me?"

... What a base reason, in the end.

However, it did explain the boy's bored look and his disappointment whenever he looked at Momoi, almost like someone who had been ready for excitement, only to be let down by reality.

Even if that reality was common sense.

"The name's Travis, by the way. Travis Gagnon," he continued. "... Hmm..."

So what did normal people do in those sorts of cases?

Most would have just let things go.

But when it came to people like this youth...

... He turned up the unpleasantness.

"Still, I dig the scars," he suddenly said, leering at Momoi. "They're pretty hot."

Was that a pun, or...?

New Person Met!

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille paused, before looking back to the door from whence she came. Escape was certainly possible, but also terribly rude. The girl in front of her was someone she remembered as being extremely exuberant during introductions—Sakura Tsukioka. If she absconded now… she would never hear the end of it from the girl in front of her, Lucille was certain. It’d be taken as an offense, and the last thing Lucille wanted to do this morning was offend someone.

“I was looking for a quiet place to spend my morning,” Lucille said, voice even, finally responding to the question. Still, her eyes were scanning the utter mess that was the kitchen. Breakfast, as far as Lucille understood it, did not need this much variety in food nor such a wide array of condiments. The kettle, though, that was probably normal. Then again, considering the circumstances, maybe it wasn’t.

Then, Lucille’s attention finally turned to the sandwich and the knife, before she nervously gulped. While she couldn’t deny the overwhelming scent of food was aggravating her appetite, she was a stubborn person who skipped breakfast often. That, and…

“Are you sure you didn’t make lunch?”

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Field
    Morning Phase
    Partly Cloudy

Right.

Overreaction.

One would think she would be able to handle it better the second time, but that is John’s fault for holding any expectations concerning Ubon Sĕeklêun.

“Aaah, she’s such a…” he murmurs, just loud enough to let Elaine catch the words.

“Ubon!” He then calls aloud, hoping the uncharacteristically strong voice, if not the actual words, draws her attention. “Listen to me! I can’t help you if you’re flailing around like that! Let me take a look; it could be dirt clinging to your sweat for all I know!”

Let it not be said that John is an irresponsible man. This…situation was of his creation, so he will take the reins of it and resolve it to everyone’s satisfaction.

“Sorry ‘bout this, Elaine. We can talk about my drawings later if you want; now I gotta…”

John Dove wants to be in control of his life. That is why, if he is to reveal the drawings; if he is to talk about her, it will be on his terms. Not Elaine’s, and certainly not Ubon’s.

“Ubon, please be quiet and let me help you!”

Even if he comes out of this with a bruise or two—heck, even if it gets worse, he will accept it. This is, after all, his responsibility.

So, hoping against all hope—really, why does he keep hoping for anything when it comes to this weird girl?—that his words reached her ears, he wades into the forest of limbs, reaching for (what he hopes—again—are) her shoulders…!

Elaine Winters

"Oy vey..."

Elaine scratched the back of her head as she stared at the writhing, wailing bundle of flailing limbs that had, scarcely moments ago, called itself Ubon.

She tilted her head, then the other way, then gave John a mildly disapproving look, pursing her lips.

"I think you may have overcompensated."

She sighed, twisting her lips in a disappointed fashion, man, and she was all keyed up for some juicy gossip about a guy and just has to go and kill the mood.

Now there's this ridiculousness to deal with.

Hm, how to see about this situation.

She tapped her foot for a few moments, musing to herself, then snapped her fingers.

"Ubon, Ubon. You're not going to be able to get that tick off by kicking at it, I can get it off for you with some tweezers, because otherwise..."

She made a harsh pinching gesture with two fingers and a thumb, "The mouth parts stay in! You'll get lumbago!"

She would actually get lumbago or some kind of spinal injury, flailing like that.

"Just calm down and we'll get it taken care of real quick, then this'll all be past us, right?"

Blog Entries

“Ubon, please be quiet and let me help you!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Just calm down and we'll get it taken care of real quick, then this'll all be past us, right?"
    What one man's might would not have been able to do, two voices pressing on from both sides were able to achieve.

In all honesty, it was a small miracle that Ubon came to a halt, considering she was spinning her limbs with enough force and speed that it was a wonder she hadn't taken off like a cyan-colored helicopter and soared through the air while screaming about ticks. However, things didn't... exactly get better. Perhaps because Elaine had implied that she (and in the birdbrain's mind, only she) had the tools necessary to get the tick out without catastrophic side-effects, the overactive girl practically threw herself at the blond, clinging to her clothes with her considerable strength and bawling her eyes out snot running down her face in big streams.

... Big streams heading straight for Elaine's clothes.

"E-Ellieeee!" Ubon blubbered. "Am I gwonna dwieee!? I dun wanna dwieee! Lwumbwago swounds swupah scwary and pwainfuuuul!"

Meanwhile this sudden stop in her flailing allowed John to lunge forward in an attempt to get the 'tick' out of the cyan-haired girl's neck. Unfortunately her movement still wasn't exactly calm or steady, resembling an undulating fish on the ground gasping for air (with a lot of snot flying off everywhere). So, when John went for the offensive, it was not only about agility and dexterity but also about luck.

And so, just when the thing might have been settled peacefully---!

"Umm... Jwonnie..."

The hand that reached out found something to catch.

But unfortunately...

... It wasn't a shoulder.

"Thwat's nwot thwe twick, Jwonnie," Ubon said, sounding a bit surprised amidst her blubbers as she turned to look at the boy.

--- Wait.

"Thwat's my bwoobie, Jwonnie."

Crap!

Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Are you sure you didn’t make lunch?”
    "Mm, breakfast, lunch, food's food!" Sakura said and giggled into her hand. "At least there's more to eat if someone gets hungry later today. I know that nothing gets your mood down than an empty stomach."

Having said that the brunette fished out another baguette from the shelf (had she hidden them there?) and sliced it open with a knife, clearly preparing to make another one of these monstrosities. However, suddenly her eyes focused a little as she seemed to realize something. Hurriedly she emptied some of the stuff from the small table at the corner of the room and pulled out a seat.

"Oh, sorry, just sit down! You came here to relax, didn't you?" Sakura asked with a smile. "Here, why don't I pour you some tea? I know it gets me nice and cozy in the mornings."

Thus she did exactly that - and as it turned out, Sakura Tsukioka's skills with western tea-pouring and handling were on the par with a restaurant worker or a mansion-grade maid. It clearly wasn't her first time, considering how easy she made it all look despite all the minute detail that went into even such a task.

Once she had set a nice morning tea for the other girl, Sakura went back to her work on the other sandwich.

"By the way, I saw your game last night! You know, the badminton one?" Sakura suddenly said as she set into a steady rhythm of cutting cucumber and tomato into slices. "That looked like so much fun! And in the end even that stuck-up Mercedes West seemed to take you seriously. I never would have guessed her to behave so friendly towards someone that wasn't her reflection in the mirror."

A slightly sly look appeared on the Japanese girl's face.

"... I even overheard the two of you gossiping late into the night, yesterday," she said with a hint of a smug smile. "Sounded like a riot!"

Elaine Winters

I never quite thought it would come to this, Elaine thought to herself bemusedly, being sobbed on, goobered on and generally moisturized by the ever-helpful Ubon.

She sighed, and, with a brief bare moment of hesitation, gave a small, ginger pat on that cyan mop.

"Hey, hey there, it's okay, don't worry, as long as we take the right moves, you'll be right as rain in no time.

Pat-pat.

Geez, all these dang loons and bringin' out her maternal side, what's life coming to?

Still, John, in the mean-time, had decided to make his move to do... something? Restrain her or calm her down, she supposed.

Unfortunately, his aim had been off, and the target had moved, leading him into a grip upon a 'tick' that happened to be her boob.

And given her position...

"H-hey! Hands-off, creep!"

Her hand came off Ubon's head and firmly into contact with John's skull, going for a firm bonk rather than anything too serious.

"Jeez! Work on your aim, hotshot, or next time you'll get a whole lot of something else!"

Her face a bright red and posture folding inwards, if she didn't look so infuriated, it'd almost look cute.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Man, people are so hard to deal with. It's too early for this.

"Seriously? You see a bit of a bruise and immediately think of the worst? Calm down; it's not that bad."

I get it, Hero to Children Pyry. You see that precocious brat from yesterday all banged up and immediately jump to all sorts of nasty bullying-related things. But that's none of your business. It's just self-righteousness. True altruism doesn't exist, y'know. Everything's self-serving in the end, even justice.

Though... it really does look worse to others than it does to me, huh? Sure, one side of my face hurts like hell, and I can really only chew my food with the other, but it's really no big deal. I suppose most normal people would consider it a downer, though. Even the dog-girl's smile was fading with every moment she looked at me.

I should've expected this. Perhaps it would be best to excuse myself for the day and not make the humans uncomfortable.

"Come on, don't give me that look."

...yeah, he's not leaving it. You're the kind of person who won't let it go, aren't you, Pyry? If you can get this angry for a girl you barely know, with whom you had one conversation on the bus... then it wouldn't be fair to leave you like this for the rest of the day.

I could lie, but that would be evading the problem. And besides, lies are for awful humans. They won't help anything.

No, Prushka. It's your responsibility to fix this mess.

"...okay, fine. I'll tell you if you calm down, drink some orange juice for that hangover, and-."

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "Pyry."
    Aw man. Of course he made friends. I bet everyone knows and loves this big goof.

Sorry, new girl, but I'm not spilling everything to everyone that easily.

"...who?"

Two can play at that game.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Field
    Morning Phase
    Partly Cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklêun
    "Thwat's my bwoobie, Jwonnie."
    That it is. Hmm.

The first attempt at an apology is interrupted by an impact to the head.

Ow.

Nothing too important. He does not even need to lie to himself to bear with it. Nevertheless…

Muse, I really hope this is worth it.

“I deserve that,” the young man admits, correcting the position of his hand to promptly flick absolutely nothing off her shoulder.

“So it really was just dirt in the end. I truly messed up this time, Ubon; I’m sorry.”

He is, actually. Perhaps not nearly as much as he should, but it was a desperation move. John Dove’s Limit Break, even. Regardless, he follows by taking exactly three long steps backwards. There is no longer a place for him in that close space.

However, he still needs to set things straight.

“Ubon, I have caused you discomfort; twofold even. Please allow me to make it up to you.”

He pauses; projecting self-reflection, even if this is just a different instance of a practiced performance.

He knows he is going to regret this. A small part of him—the part furthest from the truth, he’d call it—would like to just walk away and pretend this did not happen, but that would be the epitome of discourtesy.

“I…honestly do not know what I could possibly do for you, but, um, I intend to visit the general store later, to buy some things I am lacking. If there’s something you need, do not hesitate to ask.”

He doesn’t move after that. If he is beaten into a pulp after this, he will accept it and stand up again. If he is told to leave, he will accept that and leave.

However, the thing is; the part of him he actually listens to does not want to leave.

He still has to—still wants to—look for their colors.

Blog Entries
    Prushka & Adelaide Cheshire

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide
    "What do you want to do?"
    "Pakottaa sen paskiaisen puremaan kadunkulmaa ja polkemaan sen päätä niin monta kertaa että se joutuu syömään omia kylkiluitaan..!"

Whatever Pyry had said sounded like something that was perhaps better left untranslated, the tone of his voice telling just about enough of what exactly he wanted to do.

... However...

A fury without target can last only so long, especially when both of the girls were showing, all things considered, rather level-headed attitudes. It took only ten seconds for the rage to fade a little from Pyry's eyes and his body slumped even more, somehow managing to look smaller... almost like he was ashamed.

"... Sorry. I got a little... you know..."

No, he was ashamed of how he was acting.

However, now that the boy was getting his head back into the game and his vision was clearing up, he seemed to realize that this situation had brought together two of his acquaintances that had not met each other before. His gaze wondered from Prushka to Adelaide and back again, slowly taking in the situation. Perhaps sensing something odd from the small girl's expression (and perhaps remembering the whole fiasco in the bus yesterday) Pyry slapped himself on the cheek quickly to clear his head and get back on the things.

Then he coughed (rather painfully) into his fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "...who?"
    "Oh, uh... Right. Prusha, this here's Adelaide. Adelaide Cheshire. We me in the common room yesterday evening," Pyry jumped to introductions. "Adelaide, this is Prushka, a friend of mine. I met her on the bus yesterday."

Slowly, it seemed that the lanky boy was getting his usual attitude back.

However, even if he struggled and clearly tried to sound like his usual self, his eyes never really left the bruise on Prushka's cheek, even as they all moved forward on the line for the breakfast.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille nodded, though she didn’t agree. If she wasn’t hungry, she wasn’t hungry, and eating that monstrosity was just… it was just too much. Excessively so. Nevertheless, she took the opportunity for some tea and a seat. The refined motion in which she poured it, immaculately practiced, was an amazing sight to Lucille’s eyes. Not many of her own maids would have performed as well as Sakura just did.

Not to mention, if she had to do it, she’d probably be sorely lacking as well.

Though unintentional, Lucille visibly choked on her tea on the mention of Mercedes West. It wasn’t that she hated Mercedes, but thinking about last night, and that girl’s attitude… It was exhausting. There was no way in the world she’d be able to keep up with the star at all. It wasn’t meant to be.

Nevertheless, the morning tea was relaxing, and although Sakura was being rather excitable, Lucille felt like she could vent just a little without repercussion. In this food ridden disaster zone, she didn't feel very pressured. It was probably due to the other girl’s presence.

“She’s… I’m part of her posse now? Whether I like it or not.” Lucille eventually confessed, sounding exasperated at the thought. “I think it comes with more cons than boons.”

“Besides, didn’t you hear her way more than me? I’m almost certain I said practically nothing that entire evening.”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Pyry
    "*********, this is Prushka, a friend of mine. I met her on the bus yesterday."
    F-friend.

We're friends!?

Oh no. I'm losing my balance. Did the world get smaller or something?

Flail, Prushka, flail! Grab on to this huge pillar's shirt if you have to, but don't fall down!

I manage to get down the the ground, with a firm resolution to never try and balance on one of those dividers again.

"D-don't say something like that so casually, you big oaf!"

A friend? Already? But we barely spoke.

No. Is this... is this how regular people do it? Do they make friends just from a single conversation!?

...I have a friend!

Truly, humans are terrifying.

Oh, except this girl. She looks like the opposite of scary.

"Anyway, hi. Prushka. I'll try to hold onto your name, but no guarantees."

I wave to the nondescript girl. I'll remember her name when she's memorable enough to earn a place in my heart.

"But Pyry..."

I poke him. In the shin, because that's as far as I can reach.

"Don't do... well, this. That's not calming down. That's just pretending. If you keep doing it you'll turn into the Hulk."

"If you're angry, be angry. Just make sure it's right, y'know?"

I heap yet another mountain of food, tall enough that one might doubt whether someone my size could consume it all, onto my tray.

"Like, I'm not mad about this at all." That being the bruise. "It's kind of embarassing though, so I'll tell you later when it's not crowded."

Add some pancakes, too.

"But what about you?"

I lower my voice so none of the teachers can hear.

"You kinda... smell like smoke. And beer."

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"O-oh, off she goes..."

I watch with one eye as the smaller girl runs into two people, who she begins chatting with almost immediately. A smile grows on my face as I take another sip of coffee -- ignoring the dog that desperately desires my food.

It seems that small girl is perfectly fine without our help. No need to go to her aid when she clearly has her own cadre of people willing to aid her without us invading.

"I... I wonder if she was alright. That bruise on her cheek looked rather painful, did it not? M-mayhaps we should have asked if she needed an ice pack or something similar. I'm s-sure that I had some salve on my bag, and there's always the nurse's office and..."

Ah.

It appears I am being looked to for a consideration of what to do.

"O-oh, sorry, you're still eating. I didn't m-mean to ruin your mood as well."

I grin, taking a bite of egg as I stir some hash browns into it as well. "Never fear, for there are two options in this current time. Either are quite alright, but in one, we remain here, do nothing, and continue eating, whereas in the other, we walk over to her table, with her friends, and offer our aid. The real question is, what do you want to do?"

I don't care.

I have no interest in either of the two at this table, really. They're not people I have a distaste for, no, but they're also not immediately in the forefront of my mind. They're much like everyone else at this school; people. With everything that entails.

"I have no preference for either," I say, twirling a spoon in my mug of coffee, watching as the black goes around and around in circles. "Whether we sit here and speak to each other, or stand up and speak to them. Simply choosing a course of action is good enough for me."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

"Weeeeell, some people are like that," Sakura answered while her hands deftly cut up onions. "Some talk because they've always got new things to say, some talk because because they're afraid of awkward silences, some talk because they don't want to give the other person their turn..."

Sakura's right hand practically flew on the cutting board with her knife, dancing across the various stuffings of a sandwich that she brought forth and immediately sliced up into just perfectly sized to be put between two halves of a baguette. It was pretty clear that Sakura's skills as a cook were not only just for a show - her knife-handling skill was even a bit of a scary thing to watch. Scary, yet fascinating.

Just like the knowing smile that rose to Sakura's face as she glanced back at Lucille.

"... And some talk because they're afraid the other person will get bored and leave," she continue. "It happens especially often with those who view their worth by how others view them."

A pregnant pause stretched ten seconds long, until Sakura simply shrugged.

"Eh, food for thought, I guess?" She added and playfully jabbed at her own head.

... Until she realized the pun she had made and snorted in laughter.

"Hah! Food for thought!"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa

The way he looked at me was rather...disturbing. I couldn't exactly tell why, and I don't think anyone ever looked at me that way, but it just felt wrong. Sort of like he was stripping me with his eyes, fantasizing about...things...

"Got a decent look, liked what I saw, decided to check if you were into that sorta stuff and if I could get me some more, but looking at you... I guess you're not the type after all. Shame. This school's got some lookers, like that Mercedes West chick, but ain't not one of them putting out. Still... damn. Thighs for days, you hear me?"
    That sort of stuff? Thighs for days?

I was confused. On one hand, being complimented would have felt good; it isn't something I get that often. But the context of it, the way he followed things up made it feel awkward yet again. I was starting to question his motives, if he really thought that only the looks of a girl mattered, and how he even expected to achieve something with an attitude like that ---

But clearly, a conversation like that would lead nowhere. I slightly raised my eyebrows, and kept listening to his explanation without making any comments.

"Still, I dig the scars,"

"They're pretty hot."
    Say what---

I was slightly concerned at the mention of my scars, but this wasn't exactly what I expected. People would usually look at me with disgust or pity, and not compliment them...Was he just teasing me? Is he just trying to hurt my feelings? Is this how he wants to seduce me?

With a blank expression, trying not to really give anything away, I replied;

"Regardless of whether you actually mean it or not, thank you. Not many people think about these like that...Funnily enough, even the boy who was supposed to like me called them disgusting and a pain to look at."

I was at a loss on how to progress with the conversation. Clearly, the guy wasn't normal, talking about ordinary stuff would probably just bore him to death, but discussing girls' looks while he was giving that look did not feel quite appropriate either. I wonder...Can I just ---

"You know, I could actually take you for a nice guy. You are just presenting yourself wrong. Do you really think that looking at girls like that will get you somewhere? Do you think that being the bad guy will impress anyone?"

I might have gone too far, but I could not care less. If he can prove to be more, we can go on, but if that really is all there is to him, a thug, a criminal, then I have no intention of aligning myself with him. I'm not afraid of him at the very least, and if he decides to pick a fight, I can at least teach him a lesson...
    Last edited by Cheetose; January 24th, 2019 at 08:30 AM.

Blog Entries

“I…honestly do not know what I could possibly do for you, but, um, I intend to visit the general store later, to buy some things I am lacking. If there’s something you need, do not hesitate to ask.”
    There was a terrible, deafening silence that followed as Ubon stared at John, still clinging to Elaine like the blonde had been a lifesaver in the middle of a stormy sea. Those vibrant eyes were locked dead-on the boy, and though it was impossible to tell what was being thought behind them, it was clear that the cyanhead was processing this new revelation of the 'tick' being nothing more than dirt. A white lie to cover up for another white lie (though that one much more desperate).

But eventually, the silence came to an end.

And when it did...

"Snoooooooort!"

Ubon practically retracted all the booger hanging from her nose with one magnificent display of noise and nose, before beaming up a grin that was somewhere close to the inner circles of the sun in magnitudes of brightness.

"Whaaaat, it was just dirt? Ahahahaha~!" Ubon descended into hysterical giggling. "And here I thought I was doners! Johnnie, you should really be more careful! You almost gave me a heart attack! Though better safe than sorry, I guess, ahahaha~! You don't need to buy me anything just cause you made a small oopsies, you nerd... though I wouldn't mind a soda pop later tonight!"

Finding the whole situation absolutely hilarious, Ubon finally let go of Elaine and patted the girl on the shoulder for a good measure. But then, as if realizing something, she raised her index finger and adopted a more stern expression... well, as stern as she could. For Ubon Sĕeklêun, 'stern' amount to nothing more than a pout that barely hid her cheerfulness beneath it.

"And Ellie, that's not nice, hitting Johnnie like that!" Ubon admonished the blonde. "He was just trying to help! It was a totals accident that he got my boobie 'stead of my shoulder. Bonking others makes you look like a jerk! And you're not a jerk, are you Ellie?"

A cyan eyebrow rose towards the hairline as Ubon took a measure of Elaine, trying to decipher whether she was or was not a 'jerk'.

"Besides, I don't think Johnnie is a boobies man anyway, so it's fine!" Ubon's pout broke into an innocent grin once again. "Judging from those pics of the girl in his notebook, he's all about badonks!"

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"I... I suppose it would be a bit of a bother to them if we stuck our noses where they don't belong," Subaru said, looking a little downcast. "After all, none of us really knows each other that well. Perhaps... perhaps I can bring her that salve after school, discreetly, so she doesn't get embarrassed."

That was the answer that Subaru Iburi eventually came to, after thinking about Alexstrasza's question for a good moment and two. To punctuate the finality of it, she took a long sip from her tea, only to whimper a little bit and stick out her tongue, having apparently burnt it. With no other remedy for this new problem she had, Subaru practically dove for her glass of milk, chugging it down in desperation.

This, of course, left something at her lap unsupervised.

Something that suddenly poked its head up from between Alexstrasza's legs.

"WAN!"

The head of an Akita inu puppy stared up at the blonde, the tongue lolling out and head tilted at an angle in clear attempt to look cute in exchange for some tasty morsels from the girl's plate.

This was... a surprising show of intelligence and cunning from something so innocent-looking.

Momoi Hisa

Quote Originally Posted by Momoi
    "You know, I could actually take you for a nice guy. You are just presenting yourself wrong. Do you really think that looking at girls like that will get you somewhere? Do you think that being the bad guy will impress anyone?"
    For a moment, Travis Gagnon looked like he'd been sucker-punched.

He blinked once.

Twice.

And then...

"Bwahahahahahaa!" He exploded into a roar of a laughter, slamming the table with his hand so that the glasses jingled. "Oh, man, you're a riot, you know that right? 'Just presenting yourself wrong'... Shiiiit! Listen to yourself, girl! Do you have any idea how damn pretentious that sounds? Especially coming from you, walking 'round like you're the hot shit and have the right to look down on anyone? Get real! You're just as fucked up as the rest of us here in this loony bin, so ain't it time you got off your high horse?"

While Travis was wearing that shit-eating grin of his once again, there seemed to be a slight edge to it. It seemed that something Momoi had said had touched a nerve, as unlike before, he was now actively insulting her. But, just as quickly as he had lost his cool, he seemed to regain it as that edge disappeared and was covered up by dry, sarcastic smarmyness that he had been showing previously.

"Besides, ain't it the truth?" Travis continued, pointing a finger gun at the side of his own head. "Chicks dig the bad guy. Been that way ever since the dawn of the world. Real men sweep, losers weep, and all that."

Cockily leaning back on his chair, Travis let his eyes run up and down Momoi's body once more.

"But hey, hypothetically, if I was a 'nice guy' as you said..." He punctuated this with ridiculous air quotes. "Would that really change anything? Hell, if I was a nice guy, you wouldn't have even noticed me. Nothing's more boring than a nice guy. But to chicks, bad guys are 'projects' right? Something that gets your juices going, in all meanings of the word."

Now he was just getting vulgar.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"I... I suppose it would be a bit of a bother to them if we stuck our noses where they don't belong. After all, none of us really knows each other that well. Perhaps... perhaps I can bring her that salve after school, discreetly, so she doesn't get embarrassed."

She really wants to walk over, doesn't she? It's quite obvious, and a soft smile crosses my face as I take a sip of my coffee, letting the scent dance underneath my nose.

"Well, yes, that is true, but we can still--"

"WAN!"

I stare at the invader on the edge of my seat. It is a dog. A dog that clearly wants something. I look at it, tapping a finger against my lips. Then, I make my decision --

"No. It is my food, tiny animal. You may not have any."

I nod in approval at my statement, taking a bite of sausage for good measure.

"As I was saying, we can still walk over and get to know them, no? After all, the two of us do not know each other, and we seem to be able to talk fine."
    Last edited by Frantic Author; January 24th, 2019 at 09:18 AM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Elaine Winters
    Pinefall High Field
    Morning Phase
    Partly Cloudy

The blonde twitched backward, arms folding up around herself, “Was just tryin to get him off,” She mumbled, “I don’t really like being touched in those places without warning...”

“Sorry...”

Like could be seen earlier when her legs lashed out during her display, she seems to have a bit of trouble with aggression when emotion runs hot.

”My bad, you good, John?”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa

I could not help but have a smug expression on my face, smile widening more and more as he kept his insults going. It was entertaining how delusional he was, thinking that he knew anything about me, or that his whole act lead anywhere. Still, I also felt kind of sad for him, as after this I was almost certain that he was kind of a lost cause.

My smug look transitioned into a wide, mocking smile, eyes staring at him with a cold, piercing gaze. It wasn't an expression I was exactly fond or proud of; but at this point I did not feel like pretending to be nice, and I wasn't going to let him treat me like dirt.

"Don't act as if you know anything about me. You don't know shit about me, yet you're saying that I look down on people, that I'm fucked up? How delusional can you be?"

I leaned closer to him, resting my chin on my two fists as I continued;

"You are clearly mistaken about the definition of a 'real man' as well. You think that being a punk makes you a man? That any girl in their right mind would find enjoyment in interacting in any way with a thug?"

I narrowed my eyes slightly, considering the next step for a second,

"And if you think that someone can't be interesting without being a petty criminal, then I can only feel sorry for you. If you were a 'nice guy' ---" I said as I mimicked his air quotes, "you'd probably get a lot further in society than just being treated like a piece of dirt."

Finishing my thought process, I leaned back, my face softening back to a more neutral expression, grin turning into a faint smile.Why am I even wasting my time here?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"... Mornin', Anna,"

"You look like hell. Didn't get any sleep?"
    “Yeah. Probably just a mix of jetlag and being in a new place.” Anna let out a large yawn as she cut into her scrambled eggs. “Was flickering in and out of sleep for the entire night.”

The dusky-skinned girl didn’t look that great herself, honestly. Her white hair, which was just spiky enough to be identifiable as a bad case of bed hair, and the slight bags near her eyes were both telltale signs of a bad night. A bit surprising, considering how much the other girl had traveled around the world. Anna would have expected her to be used to sleeping in new places, at least.

Though…. I don’t really want to hear that from you. If anything, you look even worse than I do.”

“What happened? Did you end up going for an adventure in the woods and got lost or something?”

"... hello,"
    The blonde sitting next to Ramia, Gabi if she remembered correctly from the introductions yesterday, was clearly much more introverted than the white-haired girl. If anything, his quiet voice and overall demeanor made it feel as if he wanted to sink into the very ground itself and vanish from the eyes of everyone. Not that Anna particularly minded. More reclusive folks were usually easier for Anna to get along with anyway. Birds of a feather and all that.

And then there was the other girl, a brunette draped in a dark hoodie. She was surprisingly nondescript looking, In a way, she seemed almost “ordinary” compared to the rest of the student body - no blue hair to be found here. If Anna recalled correctly her name was El…

"Nice to meet you, Anna! I'm Elise!"
    Yeah. That.

“Yo. The same back at ya.”

"I was just about to tell Gabi and Elise here about this one time I almost ate a scorpion that had sneaked into my burger."
    “Of course you were. Well, don’t stop on my account.”

An amused grin flickered on Anna’s face for a second as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Did you have to strike it off the burger with your bullwhip or did it end up skulking away after meeting your fierce gaze, Dr. Jones?”
    Last edited by Mellon; January 24th, 2019 at 06:18 PM.