Page 97 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4787929596979899102107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

Elise…?

I wasn’t sure what Aleen meant...But the moment we got around the corner too, and I spotted the girl standing there at the intersection, I knew that something was wrong.

Her expression...her eyes, the way she smiled, it made a chill run down my spine - and there was also what I could only assumed to be blood coating her hands, and dripping down from it---

And the murderous intent. I reached out to her mind, but I regret it almost immediately, for there was only pure, overwhelming murderous intent filling her mind, so powerful that it almost could have taken over me as well…

But then it stopped. Her mind was empty, her thoughts if a bit confused and panicked.

If only my concerns could go away like that too…

Seeing that she was - hopefully - normal right now, I tried approaching the girl, if with somewhat measured steps.

“Are you okay?” I asked quite likely the most clichéd question ever, “Did you hurt yourself?”

---Or someone else.

Elise Pelltier

Elise blinked.

She was standing in the intersection at the centre of the main building. There was a sheet covered form, presumably the body John had found earlier that morning, not far from her, and Aleen, Hisa, and that mysterious nameless girl.

She wasn't running into the building anymore, and Aleen, Hisa, and the mysterious nameless girl had apparently just appeared out of nowhere.

Oh, god. It happened again, didn't it? Now what's happened?

Hisa took a cautious step towards her and asked:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?”
    “Uh, no, not at all,” began Elise as she started to raise her hands, and then hastily folded them behind her back instead as she remained the blood still staining them, “I'm not hurt, or, at least, I don't think I am. I'd- I'd heard a window shatter in the main building. It sounded like something burst out of the building and rushed into the woods. I came over here as fast as I could, and then- and then-”

And then...?

Elise paused for a moment as she struggled to recall the gap in her own memory, and what might've happened while she wasn't quite herself.

“Wait- are you all okay?” asked Elise worriedly, glancing between Hisa, Aleen and then pausing when she focused on the mysterious nameless girl.

She stared at the mysterious nameless girl for a moment. Elise had seen her around campus several times this morning, mostly sticking close to Hisa, but she'd been too caught up other matters at the time to question her sudden and mysterious presence.

“Uh, I'm sorry, I don't- I don't think we've met? I'm Elise, who are you?”

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Sight is certainly a gift, but seeing Mercedes in the state that she was in made the sudden joy die as quickly as it came, washed away in a wave of concern. Naturally, there were two problems—safety was maintained as long as Lucille kept up the Arche, but it was also her own power that was destroying everything in sight. No doubt there was a first-aid kit of some sort that was ruined in the aftermath, much to her regret. And with the extent of those wounds…

Lucille wipes away tears with her free arm and figures she can’t lose hope yet.

“I can, um, explain as we walk,” she says. You had to keep people focused, right? If they passed out, then the situation would be ten times worse. Dragging out the story, not one she wanted to explain, might work. Maybe. “There’s probably another working first-aid kit somewhere by the pool, so we can try our luck there… And um, I think I have to be like this a little longer. If that… person comes back…”

Wings of flame and crystal and radiant light flicker in response to her emotions, briefly flaring into full form, before retracting. Her body feels like it’s burning, the price of channeling her the magnificence she represents, but she can’t stop just yet. At the poolside, definitely, just to check for anything that can help, but she has no idea how fast they can move with Mercedes… like that.

“If there’s anything else,” she says, trying to pretend there is no panic in her voice, trying to guide Mercedes up the stairs to hopefully freedom and safety, “just tell me.”

“I wouldn’t—I don’t know what to do…”

Hisa Momoi

“The window was shattered almost like an hour ago, Elise,” I said as I took one final step towards the girl, “Have you been just standing here since then?”

She...or whatever else that was, was clearly danger. Another personality. Or something that possessed her. And judging by her confusion, she was not aware of it, or just hid it very well...Either way, she can’t just roam around freely, if that blood on her hands is not her own, then she must have…

I wonder where and whose corpse we are going to find next…

And it might not even be her fault, and could still end up being accused for it…

I can’t take risks. This is all I can do, and it’s better to try and prevent further tragedies rather than trying to salvage them afterwards…

I’m sorry Elise. I’m doing it for everyone’s safety.

My mind has been focused on the girl for a while. I could feel the emptiness after the sudden change...The confusion, the panic as she was trying to figure what was going on. As she tried to put the pieces of the puzzle together, except that some of those pieces were clearly missing...I could sense the reactions it caused on a much deeper level, every little change that went on in her brain…

A familiar feeling.

It’s been a while now…

And I was hoping that it wouldn’t come to this, I told myself that I wouldn’t rely on it, but I see no other option right now.

I blinked.

You belong to me now. So be so kind, and obey.

Ability reveal!
    Marionette
    Cost : 6 OP
    Element : Soul

If the target's INT defense is lower than 12, take complete control over their mind indefinitely. The target's consciousness fades out for [...], leaving them unable to resist in any way whatsoever, however--- [Further details unknown]

Last edited by Cheetose; December 11th, 2019 at 01:41 AM.

Elaine Winters

Disgusting.

Cowardly.

The taking of hostages and propping them up like human shields filled me with disdain, lips curling back over my
    fangs
    teeth

I’d thought better, even for a dog of war like her, I’d heard enough stories, seen enough walking wounded to know what it did to you. But all I could see in this situation was cowardice, or an obvious trick.

Hostages where we can’t see them, a shooter who’d already displayed lethal capability and a decided lack of reaction to a man-beast hurtling through the forest.

Something stank, and it wasn’t John’s morning BO.

Of course, I’d noticed an obvious lie in the moment she opened her mouth, a detail unknown to anyone in this situation.

Except me, of course.

And with that one discrepancy, the narrative began to fall apart.

A person’s right to choose their own fate is the highest thing I hold dear to me, people who take that away, that make decisions for them, make them be something they have no interest in being…

It’s unforgivable.

This is unforgivable.

It just can’t be simple with any of you people, can it? But no, you’ve decided to cease being a person and begin being a beast, a dog of war.

So I will respect your choice, and allot you the fate that dozens of your kind have been dealt by my hand.

I took a breath, focused my mind and dug my
    nails
    claws
    into the dirt.

I heard soft crunching from behind me, John. Irritated in that off-putting, somewhat muted fashion of his judging from his breathing and gait.

I frowned.

He hadn’t called out, and his stride, while unhurried, was not slowing.

Moving in my direction, in the direction I was moving.

Wanting me to draw attention?

I supposed that it was a larger threat that approached her, even from the distance.

Right, right.

No helping it now.

I let that not-heat from within my soul burn up higher, a soundless roar echoing in my ears, alien savagery honed by years of discipline.

I moved, I wouldn’t bother trying to throw her off with any more of my bag of tricks, best to fall back on old tactics.

Keep up the pressure.

[Dragon Rush]

From tree to tree, shadow to shadow, I cast off all illusions of subtlety and decided to slot into the role of the predator.

Merciless.

Implacable.

It was all too easy, like an old coat I’d slipped into.

An enemy is weak when they believe they are strong.

The assassin’s lifeblood dribbled onto my arm as I looked into her eyes. I could barely make it out through the rain and the blood from the cuts on my face.

Just another coward, hiding from me.

Another beast hoping that things like trees, distance and thaumaturgy would do anything to stop me.

Let me show you how it ended.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi & Elise Pelltier

A strange sort of silence fell over the main building's corridors when, out of nowhere, Elise Pelltier froze for a split-second... and then stopped talking, instead staring right ahead with an unblinking stare. She didn't even seem to see Hisa, Aleen or Gradient anymore, instead opting to look ahead without clearly focusing on anything. Those most perceptive might have seen shadows of reflective flakes, like tiny particles of light hanging in the air... but at the same time, they must have been nothing but figments of one's imagination. After all, they were too elusive and too imaginary to have ever existed there.

"E-Elise...?" Aleen whispered, startled by the sudden change in brunette's attitude. "Y-you... you okay there? Hey, Elise?"

Despite having been clearly scared earlier, Aleen couldn't help but to take a worried step forward, her better nature shining through for a moment. Even if she was someone with fresh blood on their hands, Elise Pelltier was still their classmate and to Aleen, that must have counted for something. The same was not true for Gradient however, as the mysterious girl tilted her head at Elise's sudden change in disposition, before glancing at Hisa and - just for a moment - narrowed her eyes.

"E-erm, anyways, yeah, Hisa here is right, Elise," Aleen continued as she kept taking careful steps down the stairs. "That totes loud sound y'heard? That was plenty of time ago. So... you sure you ain't hit your head? You looked pretty... out there, for a moment. Look even now, I might add."

However, there was no immediate response.

Therefore, with growing confusion in her eyes, Aleen turned to look back at Hisa for any sort of help - any sort of info on what was going on.

Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “If there’s anything else... just tell me. I wouldn’t—I don’t know what to do…”
    A somewhat bitter smile floated to Mercedes's face.

"The... first aid kit is usually... in the pool's office. But, look... you and the giant did, like, a bit of a number on the place..." the starlet said with more than a hint of sarcasm and nodded slowly at the room around them. "There might fresh towels in the l-locker... lockers room. Those might... like, work. We can try that."

Getting up the stairs was hard, harder than it had ever been before. Not because Lucille herself was that badly wounded, of course, but because Mercedes was... well, her body was becoming more and more of a dead weight. While her mouth moved and her brains were working, judging by how she kept talking and managed retairn her usual thorny nature... the same couldn't be said for the rest of her. With every step, Lucille realized she had to put more and more strength into her legs to support the starlet, and by the time the two had reached top of the stairs... Mercedes could no longer even stand on her own. She was, quite literally, relying on Lucille to move her.

Something that the actress clearly realized herself, too.

"W-well... this is... pretty much up shit creek... without a paddle, huh...?" Mercedes laughed, though her voice was getting more and more tired... like she was struggling to keep herself talking. "F-figures... the day I learn my bestie is, like, some sorta wicked angel l-lady... is the day I'm finally gonna croak... just my luck... I---"

Suddenly, Mercedes gagged and before she could stop herself, coughed out a huge spray of blood that splattered all over herself. With somewhat glassed-over expression, she gazed at herself with a frown.

"S-shit... and I... actually liked... this shirt..."

Blog Entries

Vivienne Bianchi vs Devil's Dandy Dogs (Round 4, Turn 6)

The wolves moved fast.

The moment Vivienne took off and started flying back towards the hotel, they sprung into action. Each of the hunting beasts took back to the road to get a bead on the retreating girl, like a pack of predators giving a chase after a prey. Together, in an arrow-like formation (where the healthiest individual took the lead) the monsters became something akin to a whirlwind of their own. Their blessings became one, and for a moment, it felt almost as if the form of the dog-like creatures started overlapping with each other... but no, that wasn't the case.

Instead if was simply the matter of them taking advantage of each other.

"RRRRrrRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrAAAAHHH!"

The beast that had its throat injured rammed its feet against the asphalt and, like a rocket, the three monsters shot forward while being carried by its wind. In quick succession the second beast (the one with injured eye) did the same time, though this time it only took with it the healthy wolf. In addition, when those two howled forth, the last embers of the wind covering the one who had hurried them carried them into the air... and the wind of the second beast did the same thing. It was like a the foremost wolf had had booster rockets made out of its brethren - one to let it catch up to Vivienne's flying form, and one to let it soar as high that its fangs could reach the girl with the spectral wings and mask.

And thus.

At the last second.

Vivienne could hear a sudden roar behind her, saw the approaching fangs... and felt pain coursing through her as the supernaturall powerful teeth sunk into her flesh, ripping apart her cltohes and her muscles, spraying blood everwhere!

And if that wasn't enough...

--- Instead of back to the ground, the last remaining wolf landed into the tree tops, above Vivienne's current height!

[Hit! Vivienne Bianchi: 4 - 2 = 2 Supernatural Damage (PHYS defense)!]

--> Round 5, Turn 7: Vivienne Bianchi

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters & John Dove

One person advanced, languidly and with hands in his pockets.

Another person advanced like a bulldozer, abandoning all pretenses of sneaking.

Both headed straight towards the source of the voice that they had heard just now.

And in response...

------------------- A single gunshot rang loud in the forest.

For John, seeing the results was a bit harder - after all, he was so far away. He saw the momentary appearance of a muzzle flash of a gun, and heard the cracking sound that echoed clear and without mercy. Then, following that... he saw a humanoid shape rise up on top of the hill that Elaine was heading into. It did so almost lazily, without hurry, like it was just taking a Sunday stroll and stretching a bit... only its right hand was gribbing something that looked much like arm. Following this, the silhouette dressed in military gear picked up a limp shape from the ground, one awfully like that of a human, moved it to the slope of the hill... and kicked it down. The humanoid shape rolled and rolled, like a ragdoll hurtling down the hillside... where it eventually came to a halt, right at the foot of the small hill.

... What a weird sight.

And what was weirder...

... What weird colours of cyan and light green the limp body was dressed in.

---------- Of course, Elaine wasn't given the luxury of distance from the sight.

She had already gotten too close.

She saw in full detail as the muzzle flash appeared, along with the sound... she saw how a person decked out in modern-looking military gear (along with a helmet, goggles and a half-face gas mask) rose to their full height and picked up a limp arm from the ground. Using that arm, they then picked up a familiar looking body, gave it a look and then quite matter-of-factly kicked it down the hill, straight into Elaine's own direction. The body rolled down the slope, hitting few roots and rocks on the way down, gathering bruises and cuts and leaving a bloody trail in the grass as it did. When it eventually came to a stop, the body was even worse shape than before... but it was not like they were going to care anymore.

After all.

What stared at the approaching Elaine... what stared at her with dead eyes in this moment that just seemed to stretch to eternity...

... Was Ubon Sĕeklêun.

The same cyan-haired girl, only now, she had a bullet hole on her on her forehead, right between her eyes.

The life from her eyes was gone. They were glassed over and empty. Her chest did not rise anymore in accord with her breathing.

She was... gone.

And...

["WELL. THAT'S ONE. I DO HOPE HER LIFE WAS WORTH IT SO THAT YOU COULD ACT COOL, JOHN DOVE."]

Ramia Ramalsaqr's voice held nothing but disgust towards the two of them when she spoke.

Even in the situation where she had been the one to kill Ubon.

["DO I MOVE STRAIGHT TO SAKURA, THEN?"]
    There was no mercy to be found here.

Hisa Momoi

Gradually, Elise’s eyes seemed to have regain some focus, albeit her gaze still felt slightly distant - as if she was looking somewhere into the distance, rather than what was ahead of her.

“Yeah, I’m okay,” she said as she finally looked at Aleen, “It’s just...the day’s been pretty hectic, I must have zoned out…”

Her voice carried little emotion, other than sounding somewhat weak and tired.

I guess things were working as intended, but I’ll certainly have to be on the top of my game to not make her too suspicious. That, and hope that whatever else was in there got knocked out too, and would remain that way, at least for a while…

I turned over to Gradient, and noticed her glancing at me - she must have sensed that something was going on, and that I was most likely the source of it...But with Aleen, and perhaps other listeners too, I couldn’t quite explain to her, so all I could do was give her an apologetic look.

“Where did all that blood come from then? Is it yours? Or did you touch one of the bodies or something?”

“I’m...not sure,” answered Elise as she held out her hands in front of herself, looking down at them with confusion in her eyes, “Maybe?”

“Err…” I said as I shot a worried glance at Aleen, “Let’s just try to find the others for now. You too Elise, you should come with us, it’s best not to be alone right now.”

I wasn’t entirely sure what to do with her yet. Could have just tried restraining her...But I didn’t really know her capabilities, so perhaps a rope or something wouldn’t even have been enough. Could just set her up too, that’s certainly fresh blood and certainly not hers, so I’m sure she must have hurt something or someone…

But it might not have been her fault. If it was something that made her do it...Then I can’t just let her suffer for it. And long as I can just keep her under control, everything should be fine. We’ll just find the others, stick together, and long as we are in a group…

I wish Pyry was here.

I wish I could feel safe like he always makes me do.

I don’t know how far I can go alone, I’m not so strong to protect these people, no matter how hard I try, I’m not so powerful like him...

“Looks like Souma is gone, and judging by the silence, the others too. I know that Lucille and Mercedes were investigating the pool building, so maybe we should see if they are still there and pick them up.”

Hopefully they are safe. And maybe managed to find more than what we did…

“Maybe go back to the dorms afterwards, see if everyone else is okay too. Is that okay?”

I looked at Aleen, then at Elise, who was nodding slightly.

“Sure, sounds good.” She said, sounding a bit more energetic.
    Last edited by Cheetose; December 12th, 2019 at 07:01 PM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

The fangs and claws tore into her clothes, digging into her flesh once more and ripping skin and muscles apart. A fresh spray of red was doused onto her clothes, adding up to the already well pronounced crimson hue she had been dyed with when the hounds attacked previously.

Yet no matter how terrible the wounds she had been sustaining were, Vivienne seemed calm enough about it. Vocally calm that is. No matter how strong, or perhaps, how empty the spirit is, the body by itself will react. Hunching over, various body parts contracting or becoming possessed with spasms as pain overwhelms the nerves... it announces the coming of the end. Yet, it is when such a message is heard that the body is at its liveliest, it is then when adrenaline rush takes over and even the most damaged, unusable limbs become responsive and able to act once more.

"YeS... ComE CLOsER tO US!"

Her voice, or rather, the mask's voice had become distorted. Did the injuries that she take loosen her concentration and ability to maintain the enchantment, or was this because of the apparent damage the mask had received? The dog had attempted to claw at Vivienne's face, but instead it had broken off one side of the mask, revealing Vivienne's empty, emotionless... and bloodied gaze. Though the voice that spoke was mad, the visage below was calm, no different from the still water in a pond.

"..."

Vivienne raised her hands in the air, reaching for something. Something that could not be seen, invisible... or perhaps... something that wasn't there yet.

Yet.

A series of black objects quickly whizzed in the air and flew into Vivienne's hands. And just like that the girl found herself armed once more with a full set of daggers, defying all logic. These were the very same ornate knives that she had thrown before at the hounds... the very same blades that should be lying on the road or grass quite a fair bit of distance from where she was.

It had become evident that those blades had the ability to return to the hand of their user. Knowing this, had she purposefully lowered her altitude to lure the hounds into attacking her? Or was this some sort of botched execution of another plan? Whatever Vivienne and the mask had thought of, it had lead to this current situation, and there was only one thing left to do:

Renew her attack.

She had to kill one of these dogs, right now.

And thus, six daggers flew into the direction of the dog that was the closest... incidentally, it happened to be the one that had a large part of its head stabbed off.

Status

HP 7
    STR E (D)
    END E
    AGI B (A)
    WIL ?
    INT B
    EGO ?
    [妖] Lasts for 3 Turns.
    Movement Speed Doubled, gain Flight. AGI and STR + 1 Rank, Intimidation and Athletics Boosted to Rank B.
    Attacks made against a person shrouded have their Accuracy Score reduced by 1.

Equipment --NEW INFO--

Shards of Mjolnir
    Rank: E --- AP Cost: Free --- Damage: +2 --- Element: Steel --- Type: Weapon Arc-Relic, Throwing --- Range: Melee - 12.5m
    A set of black-metal daggers stored in an elaborate sheath. While not indestructible, they are made of fine dwarven steel, and thus prove to be supernaturally resilient, easily keeping a sharp edge. They double as both thrown and melee weapons.
    A set of 10 Daggers.
    At the cost of one Attack, they can be called back into the user's hands.

Revealed Abilities

[Persona of the Wild Parade : 百鬼夜行]
    Rank: F --- Element: Soul --- Target: Self --- Duration: 1 Hour
    A mask crafted to resemble the masks of Asia. Its main shape is evocative of the famous Kitsune mask of Japan’s Shinto culture, but upon closer inspection on can discern the presence of many other mask’s details, such as fellow Japanese Tengu masks, Chinese Shigong Masks, and Korean Sandae. While most of the masks featured in here are either decorative or bear a ritual purpose, each mask represents great beasts and beings from East Asian myths. This mask when donned tends to display an overall confident, yet cautious personality that relishes in combat. Out of the masks vivienne has at her disposal, most likely the one best geared towards proper combat. Its spells greatly enhance the offensive power available at her disposal, allowing her to deal with foes in a much swifter and effective manner than if she was using her other masks. A testament perhaps, to the prowess and might of all the beasts embellishing this mask.
    Gives access to the Spells: ???, [妖] & [煙々羅 影].
    Grants Intimidation and Athletics Skill rank equal to Occult Rank as long as it is worn.

[妖]
    Rank: B --- Element: Curse --- Target: Self --- Duration: 5 Turns
    Ayakashi, a general portmanteau term that encompasses an extremely wide spectrum of beasts. Even some divine creatures could be lumped in there -- however, this version of the spell is limited due to Vivienne’s lack of knowledge concerning East Asian Folklore, as well as being not too experienced herself yet in crafting of Ceremonial Magic Masks. At the moment, the ‘empowerments’ that this mask can give are limited to the Japanese Youkai: Tengu and ???. Vivienne knows them from a wallpaper scroll that’s been decorating the house’s living room since she was small, showing these two facing off. Since this spell is similar to opening an entire book and searching for a single passage to read, it actually costs more effort to prepare it than required, however, in exchange it offers high versatility. Different from the other mask abilities that would let Vivienne emulate a creature’s ability, here instead she channels them through herself to empower her body.
    Tengu ver. increases STR and AGI by one Rank (all stats are upgraded in accord), as well as granting wings, giving her flying mov. spd. (double of normal)

[煙々羅 影]
    Rank: E --- Element: Darkness --- Target: Self --- Duration: 10 Mins
    Emanates a cloud of mysterious smoke that is closer to solid darkness. This shrouds the user and makes it impossible to discern what is going on. Said cloud of smoke is in fact a crystallization of the Enenra’s smoke, a youkai that is known for being made of pure darkness and an extremely light, surnatural smoke. This can be deployed as a smoke screen or as optical camouflage when moving around at night.
    When used during night or in a dark place, grants E-Rank invisibility.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; December 12th, 2019 at 09:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille grits her teeth, trying to blot out fear and remembrance. She can’t let the past haunt her now. Don’t panic. Panicking never helps. She should know this most of all, but some things, she supposes, you can never escape. But she can’t let the past repeat itself. Not everything is just hopeless yet.

“Don’t talk like that, Mercy,” she says, “You can just get a new one later.”

It’s just Lucille denying the reality of the situation, but it is the only hope she can cling to. She is certain miracles do exist, so she hopes that the Lord has mercy and lets her save Merecdes’ life despite the odds.

She holds the drained Mercedes in her arms, a gentle carry as she frantically rushes for the locker room. Wings of flame and crystal fade away into the air, scattering like ash over the pathway of marble, gold, and glass Lucille left behind her. There’s no point in her ruining the rest of the building, and she can only pray that this was the right choice.

The locker room is dead quiet. Lucille puts Mercedes down, gently, then rushes over for towels, all the while babbling incoherently about any topic that comes to mind intermixed with apologies. A lengthy request for Saint Jude to pray on her behalf, for good measure. Anything to keep Mercedes’ consciousness afloat.

“Okay, okay, Mercy, I have everything, just stay awake and help me out, okay, I won’t let you give up on life that easily.” Lucille barely strings words together, breathless, frantic, scared. “Please, please…”

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi & Elise Pelltier

As the four girls headed out of the Pinefall's main building, Aleen slowed down her steps a bit until she was right next to Hisa, both walking a bit behind Elise. Leaning towards the scarred girl, Aleen shot her a glance that was full of suspicion towards the brunette ahead, and started to whisper.

"Hisa... you believe her? About the blood? I mean... I'm totes glad Elise is alright, but still... that's super suspicious," the bluehead asked quietly. "Subaru's gonna blow her lid if she see's Elise like that but... do we want that? I mean, we hafta come clean to others about the blood eventually but if we do it now... I dunno. Feels like it could cause more trouble than necessary."

In Aleen's voice, her worry for both Elise and the rest of the class mixed up and created a troubled tone, one of a person who really didn't have any good ideas at this point. Indeed, the further the morning went, the more complicated the situation was getting and soon enough... well, soon enough things would come to a head - one way or another. Either a breakthrough was made among the students, or John and Elaine would return with the sheriff in tow. But how much would that help, well... that was to be seen.

Gradient, meanwhile, hastened her steps a bit and caught up to Elise. The mysterious girl tilted her head at the brunette, and after wondering a moment about something... patted the Canadian girl on the head for no apparent reason. It was a gesture that felt a bit as if the girl was saying "Try to bear with it." - whatever that meant in this context. Seeing this transpire, Aleen shot another confused look at Hisa.

Even without the murders... strange things were afoot today.

And it didn't really feel like a coincidence...

--- Still.

These thoughts, perhaps unnecessary for now, were forgotten when the four girls finally reached the pool building.

And after entering...

"-----------!"

Saw the tail of blood leading towards the locker rooms.

Lucille Faraday, Hisa Momoi & Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Okay, okay, Mercy, I have everything, just stay awake and help me out, okay, I won’t let you give up on life that easily. Please, please…”
    "Y-yeah... I'll... ghk... I'll... try..."

Even though her speech was slurred and was getting slower and slower, Mercedes still struggled to give an answer. With hazy eyes, she watched Lucille frantically search through the locker room and eventually return with some clean towels. They weren't the ideal solution, but at this moment, nothing really was. The actress had lost a lot of blood, broken a rib and - if she was right - had one of her lungs punctured. Anything they could do to ease the situation was better than nothing.

Thus, after asking to be propped up so that Lucille could access her back, Mercedes sighed a heavy sigh... muttering something that sounded awfully like curses about not having anesthesia... and nodded - both to her friend and to herself.

"I'll need you to... use those t-towels and... something strong, rigid and flat... to create support f-f-for my body and... to keep the towels f-fastened tight around... my back wound..." Mercedes wheezed, her voice faltering and almost disappearing for a moment there. "Just... break that laundry pole... in half... that should... do... it..."

It was a desperate race against time.

For the next tense, sluggish moments, Lucille had to work on creating some sort of make-shift bandage-support-system for Mercedes while keeping the starlet awake and responsive. The actress almost slipped once or twice, and had to fight to keep herself conscious - to the point that she had started talking utter banality to keep the conversation going and her mind sharp. Fashion, her upcoming movie projects, boys, foods she wanted to try, countries she wanted to visit, how she never got along with her mom...

But even amidst all of this, she kept repeating every now and then one sentence in particular...

"... Hah. Never... thought I'd find an actual bestie... in here..."

Though each time, it was said with a little more strength.

------ Still, sometimes small miracles happen.

At least that's what it felt like when Lucille finally finished up with the supporting bandage made out of a laundry pole and towels - one that could keep Mercedes up and stop the gash in her back from bleeding out. That success in itself had given the actress a bit more inner strength, as she chuckled at her own reflection from the nearby mirror, knowing just how horrible she looked... and muttering something about how she'd have to get really creative with her make-up from now on.

And, yet, as if this wasn't enough...

Suddenly.

The locker room door slammed open.

And in the doorway stood a girl that Lucille barely recoznied.

But a one that Mercedes had met earlier today.

A girl known only as... Gradient.

--- Girl who had bolted down the hallway to search the wounded person the second she had seen the bloody trail.

Leaving Hisa, Aleen and Elise behind.

"H-huh...?" Mercedes muttered, glancing at the new arrival with unfocused eyes. "Is that... oh... great... I bet that g-girl... came to l-laugh... at... me..."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; December 12th, 2019 at 07:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vivienne Bianchi vs Devil's Dandy Dogs (Round 5, Turn 8)
    [BGM]

--- The wolf down below, on the road, closes to Vivienne never saw what was coming.

Before the beast could even react, the black daggers had appeared once more - and with similar impossible speed they were once more thrown. The weapons whistled through the air with speed enough to cut the air itself and though the wind around the monster tried to counter-act them...

... It wasn't enough.

Two daggers were reflected.

Just two.

The rest riveted the body of the hunting wolf in a manner of bullets from a machine gun, striking deep and hard into the flesh of the monster. The green fur and muscle were torn apart by the force of the things and for a moment, the amount of dust and blood thrown into the air was enough to obscure even Vivienne's sight of the beast. The third beast, the one who had been left most below, dashed forward, zooming down the winding road towards Vivienne and its brethren, but it was already too late. The attack had already been made - the strike had already hit. There was nothing to be done but to count the corpse an---

... Wait.

What?

"Rrrrrrr..."

--- The beast with the destroyed eye was still alive.

In those few seconds, in those precious few moments that had were currently stretching into minutes inside the silent girl's mind, few things clicked. First was the fact that these beasts... they moved as a more than a pack. They were different limbs of a same "whole", acting in tandem in not only how they moved... but how they lived as well. The wolf rushing towards her from the distance... it had its throat more or less cut open. It shouldn't have been alive anymore. It shouldn't have been able to do what it did just now, and used its brother down below to boost its jump high up in the air towards Vivienne.

The same was true for the beast that Vivienne had just skewered with her knives. Not only had four of the six throws been a bullseye. One of the daggers had lodged itself down the beast's throat after shattering through its fangs and teeth. No monster, no matter how magical, should have been able to act this normally after something like that.

Yet it did, after it should have died already twice or thrice over.

So that only left...

"RAAAAAAAAAAARRRRHHHH!!"

Like a green lightning, it came. It jumped from the tree where it had landed, used its jumping brother as a momentary footing right in front of Vivienne, gathered some speed... and then launched itself across the road - straight into the treeline on the other side!

And when it did... two things became clear.

First: the fangs struck again.

Two times, they ripped apart Vivienne's flesh. Two times they tore into her. But... thanks to the black smoke enveloping her... the third one missed her throat.

And second: This beast's chest was moving.

It was breathing. It's heart was beating.

Something that wasn't true... for the other two wolves down below!

[Miss! Devil's Dandy Dog 2: ACC 10 vs. DOD 5 - 25%!]
    [Hit! Devil's Dandy Dog 2: 6 - 1 = 5 Arc-Relic (Metal) Damage (PHYS defense)!]
    [Critical Hit! Devil's Dandy Dog 1: 6 - 1 = 5 x 2 = 10 Arc-Relic (Metal) Damage (PHYS defense)!]
    [Miss! Devil's Dandy Dog 2: ACC 10 vs. DOD 5 - 25%!]
    [Injury! Devil's Dandy Dog 2: Broken Might: Natural Unarmed Damage Halved!]

[Miss! Vivienne Bianchi: ACC 4 (5) vs. DOD 5!]

--> Round 6, Turn 9: Vivienne Bianchi

New Ability Witnessed!
    Devil's Dandy Dog
    DDD 1 HP: -1/14 DDD 2 HP: -26/14 DDD 3 HP: 6/14
    STR: D END: F AGI: A WIL: ? INT: ? EGO: ?

Perks:

Cortejo de Gente de Muerte
    Perfect combination of tactics, single-minded unity and a willingness to hunt not as individuals, but as a part of a pack where each hunter is a different limb of a much larger beast. Forms of movement can be united in other to move a single individual, though those who do so cannot attack during these maneuvers. Other information pending...

Auriga Torbellino
    A blessing obtained from a certain fate, weaving a galeforce of wind around the user's body. As long as the wind remains constant, the user has their movement speed tripled, their jumping distance doubled, and all ranged attacks have a -25% chance of missing. In addition, when falling from great heights, they halve the falling damage and suffer no injuries from it. Not a fortune that was told, but a fortune that was foretold - forced upon the wearer.

Hisa Momoi

“We can have her wash her hands at the pool,” I explained to Aleen, “And if we find...something, later, we’ll still know about the blood and know that it might have something to do with her.”

But it hopefully won’t come to that…

Seeing Gradient pat Elise on the head, I couldn’t help but feel like smirking - but with how inappropriate it would have been in this situation, I tried my best to hold the urge back, and instead shrug in response to Aleen’s confused look.

As we walked towards the pool building, I realized how empty the school grounds were now, with everyone off to wherever - while also noting with relief that, at the very least, there weren’t any more corpses lying around now.

But that relief only lasted until we entered the pool building, where we were instantly welcomed by a trail of blood leading somewhere - but whose blood it was, I couldn’t guess.

I only hoped that it wasn’t leading to another dead person.

As I just froze for the moment, thoughts running through my mind, trying to comprehend the situation, I realized that Gradient was already running towards where the trail lead - and that broke me out of my stupor too.

“Aleen, let’s go!”

Dashing after Gradient, it became obvious where the blood was leading, and not long after I was standing at the door of the locker room next to Gradient, and inside…

There was Lucille and Mercedes, and while Lucille seemed to be okay...The other girl looked like someone on the verge of death. Lying in a pool of blood with towels wrapped around her back, nasty wounds covering her body and her eyes completely unfocused, it was quite a grim sight.

“Lucille!” I cried out, but that was very little compared to how in reality I just wanted to scream, as I suddenly could feel my heart throbbing in my head so fast I was sure it was going to burst.

Rushing over, I knelt down next to two girls. Reaching for my bag, I fidgeted around in it for a moment with shaking hands, but as I was unable to find what I was looking for, I just unloaded all of its contents onto the ground out of frustration, not caring a bit about everything just rolling all over the place. In the meantime, I also ordered Elise to come over - even if my lack of attention made her look a bit more like a robot than an actual human being - and drop the first aid pack that she’s been carrying next to us.

It looked like we had just about everything...To treat someone with light wounds. But other than stabilizing her, all these alone weren’t going to heal her, and with the state she was already in…

I took a deep breath, then exhaled slowly, trying to calm myself down.

“I…”

There was no other option. It was probably something that they would all instantly notice and realize, but...Helping her was worth more than keeping my secret, even if it was going to have consequences.

I recited what I needed to do in my head.

I reached out, my hand still shaking, to touch the girl’s shoulder for a moment, then…

Just as fast, I pulled my hand back, but I knew that even if what I did didn’t quite have any visible effects, they all must have seen that something did happen.

“Lucille, help me out. We need to fix her arm, disinfect her wounds, we should...probably tend and put actual bandages over her back too. Start with those first, we can take care of the lighter wounds afterwards.”

Finally having regained my composure, I wiped my tears away- I’m not even sure why I was crying in the first place, not for this awful person who did nothing but insult me until now…

But much as I hated her, I didn’t want her to die.

Ability reveal!
    Adaptive Regeneration
    Cost : 12 OP
    Element : Life

Pushing the brain towards investing more resources into the wound regeneration process, the rate of healing can be increased tremendously. This comes with a lot of downsides though, as the process normally takes longer periods of time - days, maybe weeks - as such, most of the body’s energy reserves will be used for this purpose, reducing their physical capabilities and putting them into a fatigued state. The duration of the effect is 3 turns, during which the target heals for 4 Hit Points each turn. Any kind of attack received is instantly tended, regenerating 20% of the damage received (by a minimum of 1). By the end of the effect, minor injuries are also healed. While it can be induced multiple times, consequent uses will have a reduced efficiency and cause more fatigue.
    Last edited by Cheetose; December 12th, 2019 at 09:15 PM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

"Tenacious dogs!"

Another wound, another, step closer to death's door. But such was the price of progress. That Vivienne Bianchi simply didn't fall from the skies and crash to her death after having been wounded so much was a miracle. It was just like what she had told Prushka -- she would simply continue to go into the direction she thought was the best, until she had no more reason to go on, or something stopped her progress dead in its tracks.

But here she was the one that was going to do the stopping. One more time. Her target was clear, her objective equally concise: stop that last beating heart. There was no guarantee that destroying that last heart would make the wolves drop dead. It was possible, but perhaps that there was a fourth heart somewhere holding it all together -- the heart of the person that Prushka had decided to take on by herself. If that was the case... then perhaps Vivienne's journey would come to an end here.

She mused not on such matters however, only on how to hit her mark without fault. It was time to stop that beast's heartbeat.

"..."

The bloodied girl throws three of her remaining daggers, all aimed at where the heart would be. With the final dagger that she has in hand, Vivienne dashes in, her wings propelling her like a missile as she rams her dagger into the dog... but it isn't over; to make sure that it stays down and dead, Vivienne thrusts the dagger one more time into the hound's chest.

Is it over?

For her?

Or for those beasts?

Soon, she will find out.

Status

HP 3
    STR E (D)
    END E
    AGI B (A)
    WIL ?
    INT B
    EGO ?
    [妖] Lasts for 2 Turns.
    Movement Speed Doubled, gain Flight. AGI and STR + 1 Rank, Intimidation and Athletics Boosted to Rank B.

Equipment

Shards of Mjolnir
    Rank: E --- AP Cost: Free --- Damage: +2 --- Element: Steel --- Type: Weapon Arc-Relic, Throwing --- Range: Melee - 12.5m
    A set of black-metal daggers stored in an elaborate sheath. While not indestructible, they are made of fine dwarven steel, and thus prove to be supernaturally resilient, easily keeping a sharp edge. They double as both thrown and melee weapons.
    A set of 10 Daggers.
    At the cost of one Attack, they can be called back into the user's hands.

Revealed Abilities

[Persona of the Wild Parade : 百鬼夜行]
    Rank: F --- Element: Soul --- Target: Self --- Duration: 1 Hour
    A mask crafted to resemble the masks of Asia. Its main shape is evocative of the famous Kitsune mask of Japan’s Shinto culture, but upon closer inspection on can discern the presence of many other mask’s details, such as fellow Japanese Tengu masks, Chinese Shigong Masks, and Korean Sandae. While most of the masks featured in here are either decorative or bear a ritual purpose, each mask represents great beasts and beings from East Asian myths. This mask when donned tends to display an overall confident, yet cautious personality that relishes in combat. Out of the masks vivienne has at her disposal, most likely the one best geared towards proper combat. Its spells greatly enhance the offensive power available at her disposal, allowing her to deal with foes in a much swifter and effective manner than if she was using her other masks. A testament perhaps, to the prowess and might of all the beasts embellishing this mask.
    Gives access to the Spells: ???, [妖] & [煙々羅 影].
    Grants Intimidation and Athletics Skill rank equal to Occult Rank as long as it is worn.

[妖]
    Rank: B --- Element: Curse --- Target: Self --- Duration: 5 Turns
    Ayakashi, a general portmanteau term that encompasses an extremely wide spectrum of beasts. Even some divine creatures could be lumped in there -- however, this version of the spell is limited due to Vivienne’s lack of knowledge concerning East Asian Folklore, as well as being not too experienced herself yet in crafting of Ceremonial Magic Masks. At the moment, the ‘empowerments’ that this mask can give are limited to the Japanese Youkai: Tengu and ???. Vivienne knows them from a wallpaper scroll that’s been decorating the house’s living room since she was small, showing these two facing off. Since this spell is similar to opening an entire book and searching for a single passage to read, it actually costs more effort to prepare it than required, however, in exchange it offers high versatility. Different from the other mask abilities that would let Vivienne emulate a creature’s ability, here instead she channels them through herself to empower her body.
    Tengu ver. increases STR and AGI by one Rank (all stats are upgraded in accord), as well as granting wings, giving her flying mov. spd. (double of normal)

[煙々羅 影]
    Rank: E --- Element: Darkness --- Target: Self --- Duration: 10 Mins
    Emanates a cloud of mysterious smoke that is closer to solid darkness. This shrouds the user and makes it impossible to discern what is going on. Said cloud of smoke is in fact a crystallization of the Enenra’s smoke, a youkai that is known for being made of pure darkness and an extremely light, surnatural smoke. This can be deployed as a smoke screen or as optical camouflage when moving around at night.
    When used during night or in a dark place, grants E-Rank invisibility.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; December 12th, 2019 at 09:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

In the middle of her worries, not knowing what to do, she spots Gradient, staring, and wonders what exactly is happening. Did the girl wander by herself? Were Pyry and Hisa coming back?

It’s then they all show up—Hisa, Aleen, Elise. Hisa calls her name, but Lucille is too shocked to respond. Suddenly there’s an actual first aid kit, but Lucille is well aware that isn’t enough. It definitely would not be enough.

But she notices Hisa’s touch, a spell in the making, and never has she been more grateful in her life. And naturally, she’d have to explain the situation to everyone anyway, so at least… Someone who knew about the Turnside would make it a bit easier.

“Lucille, help me out. We need to fix her arm, disinfect her wounds, we should...probably tend and put actual bandages over her back too. Start with those first, we can take care of the lighter wounds afterwards.”
    “R-right!” Lucille suddenly snaps out of her thoughts, moving obediently to Hisa’s orders. She could think about the aftermath later. The first thing to do was to make sure Mercedes would be alright.

“Thank you,” she says, a sincere display of gratitude.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"The sports field... you sure, Scarecrow? That place seems super open and... dunno, with one of the corpses already having a gun-wound on their forehead, that doesn't feel too secure. Personally, I'd suggest one of the classrooms. Shit, even the cafeteria. That's got plenty of cover and more than few ways to leave the building,"

"Besides, it's still pretty chilly outside. If we take the brat out there, well... dunno if she'll get any better, at least."
    “I’m more concerned by running into whoever did that… mess outside, then I am at someone firing a gun at me, honestly. And at least in that place, you can see someone coming at you a mile away.” A sigh escaped from Anna’s lips. “Though point taken, I suppose.”

"Actually. The cafeteria's not a bad choice. In a way,"

"It has big windows, through which it's easy to escape. The back entrance of the kitchen. The entrances to the hallway. Lots of tables to use if we need in... various ways. Easy to escape, easy to defend..

"... And while it can be for both bad or good, in the cafeteria..."

"I don't know if you noticed. But in that room..."

"... The things that we can do. People like you and I, Anna. They... do not work."
    The look Anna gave Caleb was worth more than a thousand words. For a moment, Anna’s crimson eyes looked as if they had been carved from polished stone.

Be very careful about what you say, Caleb, or you’ll kill everyone here just as surely as any shadowy figure hiding in the darkness will.

With every single word that came out of Caleb’s mouth, Anna was convinced - the cafeteria was not the correct choice. For her at least. She would not put her fate in the hands of random “divine” chance like that. She could not. It would go against every fiber of her being. It was the equivalent of laying down her gun in the hopes that her enemy didn't have a knife.

And that was something Anna could never do.

And even if that wasn’t the case…. The main building was out of the question. She wouldn’t take the people here to a place she was relatively sure was already embroiled in its own shade of madness.

If anything, they should flicker at the periphery of this place, ready to leave it behind at a moment's notice, not dive deeper into it. They could leave that to all the wannabe detectives and ghost hunters. If there were any of them left after this, of course.

“We should avoid the main building. Any place is preferable to that. Much like these dorms, there are far too many hiding places there. Too many shaded corners and unknown areas that have been “closed” off.“

“At the very least, we shouldn’t aim to throw ourselves face-first into the lion’s den.”

Not that Anna personally minded such an idea. In fact, something along that line would be right up her wheelhouse in most circumstances. If it was simply her and Caleb, she might even attempt it... But as things were, she had a different kind of responsibility for the moment.

Besides. Staircase windows don't shatter themselves and neither do they roar while doing so.

“I would be half tempted to suggest we wait at the gate for Winters and Dove and if we don’t see them in ten or so minutes, to try and cut through the woods towards the town. Or move in the direction of the beach and try to circle around towards Road's End from that angle.”
    Last edited by Mellon; December 13th, 2019 at 04:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “I would be half tempted to suggest we wait at the gate for Winters and Dove and if we don’t see them in ten or so minutes, to try and cut through the woods towards the town. Or move in the direction of the beach and try to circle around towards Road's End from that angle.”
    There was but a moment's silence when Caleb, Gabi and Travis glanced at each other, weighing what they thought of Anna's plan and what the others might have been thinking about it as well. While the androgynous was as impossible to read as ever, at least Caleb looked more or less convinced. That only left Travis, and while the delinquent might not have completely agreed on the supposed plan of action... he was the first one to break the silence with a nod, and by rising from the chair he had sat down on.

"... Well, that's marginally better than just waiting to get shot at the sportsfield. Besides, I agree with heading to the town," Travis spoke, suddenly lowering himself with his back aimed towards the small girl sitting on the table. "The school's not a safe place for this little brat. In town we can at least find... I dunno, some medical stuff. Ugh, worst case scenario we can just break into the hospital. I'd like to take her to Seattle or somewhere with better equipment though, but... Bah. Beggars can't be choosers."

With some gesturing and coaxing, the thug-like boy managed to communicate to the little girl that she should hop on, and thus the group was soon treated to the rather weird sight of Travis Gagnon giving a piggyback ride to a eleven year old child, managing to increases his "Big Brother Score" by quite a lot as he did. Even in as serious situation as this, the mere sight made Caleb chuckle... which, in turn, earned a dirty glare from Travis towards the artist.

"... The hell you're laughing about, punk?" Travis growled.

Luckily Gabi was stepped forth before an actual argument could begin.

"... Careful. About forest. It's dangerous... right?" Gabi asked, reminding the group of the many local tales they had heard. "... There might be... a cliffside path... can walk the beach... all the way to the lighthouse..."

Well... it wasn't guaranteed, but still quite possible? After all, a thin strip of sandy beach did run alongside most of the cliff-face near the ocean, and it wasn't like the sea there was particularly deep - maybe up to ankles or a bit higher. If the group wanted to avoid the forest, the beach-route might have been their best bet, provided they had a way of traversing down there while avoiding a fall into the sharp, jagged rocks that awaited the careless climbers. Then again, the forest provided safety in its own ways and, well...

... All this was idle planning in the case that Elaine and John came back, anyways.

"Well. Looks like we have a plan," Caleb spoke, nodding at Anna. "Let's get those jackets Gabi talked about. If we are heading out, we need to be warm. Especially the girl. Once we're at the gate, we wait. Agree on a time. That ten minutes, or maybe fifteen. And once that is up... we'll go. Because I think I agree with you, Anna..."

For a moment, Caleb's eyes wandered over to the window, and through into, in the scenery of the overcast sky and the silent campus outside it.

"... The school is dangerous now."

His eyes narrowed, and for a moment, the rose-haired boy gripped his sketchbook a bit tighter. While he had started to get back his composure, even reverting to his usual way of talking (and losing his natural accent while he was at it), he was still far from alright. Everyone here was. After witnessing the things they had tonight, there was no way any one of them could have been alright.

--- The ones who would have been alright would have been monsters of a whole other type.

"Well then, Scarecrow," Travis said, now properly carrying his little rider. "Lead the way."

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is not the gunshot that makes John Dove stop. It is not the flinging of a body over the edge of the hill, either. It is Ramia Ramalsaqr’s words that bring his steps to a halt and make him tilt his head in honest confusion.

“Is she…is she claiming moral superiority in this situation? Is that some sort of joke?”

The gunshot moments ago did not just take a life (if it even did that; the possibility of a ploy is still present). The thing is, Pinefall was doing something to John Dove. The events he experienced and the unique people he met; they catalyzed some sort of change in John Dove. Something “ordinary” human beings possess and John Dove lacked all this time was growing, coalescing, awakening, or some other more suitable metaphor. In that regard, Mr. Oceandrop’s so-called project was on its way to score its first success.

Not anymore.

After all, redundant as it may sound, the dead are, well, dead. They are the grayest of the gray, not worth the barest of regards. Death is only painful to those left behind, but they all eventually let go and move on with their lives, no matter how important and precious that person may have been while alive. To one such as John Dove, letting go is almost trivial. Not just the dead; John Dove lets go of everything just as easily as he accepts everything.

“Elaine Winters!” He calls—no, he yells out, at the top of his lungs, the name of the person he acknowledges to be on his side in this situation.

What does she look like again? It does not matter. It is of no importance.

“She has set the conditions! None of our lives matter! Her life most certainly does not matter!”

John Dove is not and has never been a hero, nor a hostage negotiator. Expecting two highschoolers to handle a hostage situation is beyond ludicrous in the first place. It is the same as saying “These people are going to die and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

A successful rescue was never a possibility to John Dove. He set off to grab Ramia Ramal-whatever’s attention hopefully long enough for Elaine to close in on her position. However, he was always aware Ramal-something would have enough time to fire at least one shot.

Shooting one of the hostages was of course a possibility, but John Dove made the mistake of assuming Rama-God-knows-what still acted within the boundaries of reason—alive hostages were, after all, her sole advantage over Elaine Winters. He now knows better: reason never existed in this place. However, that only means Ra-fuck-if-he-knows is making the same mistake.

Why would she or anybody expect him, John Dove, to carry the scepter of reason? Is he not a student of Pinefall like everybody else?

Is he not as broken as everybody else?

A bunch of names flash in his head, makes the gears of his mind creak even as they are ground into sediment to be discarded and forgotten. This resistance is unusual, the last bastion of the change this past week inflicted upon John Dove. It is not enough.

“The only lives that matter here!” He continues. A performance, just like always. “Are those she will take if she is not stopped right here, right now!”

“So there’s no need to hold back, is there!?”

Having made his point, John resumes his march, perhaps pushing his steps a bit harder, all the while looking up the house atop the hill as if he could stare straight to the sniper’s face.

If only he remembered what’s-her-name’s face, that is. In fact, he would love to just turn around and be on his way, but to his chagrin he probably will not be able to resume his search for the truth until this whole…malarkey is resolved.

Apologizing to Ubon and Sakura? Never crosses his mind.

Blog Entries
    Vivienne Bianchi vs Devil's Dandy Dogs (Round 6, Turn 10)
    [BGM]

Three daggers flew.

Their trajectories - aimed straight at the vital spots of the remaining wolf with a beating heart.

Wind howled around the creature as it turned around, preparing for yet another assisted drive by where it would sink its fangs into the prey for one final time... bringing her down from the sky for good! It could feel it, this clash would be the end - one way or another. The girl wouldn't be able to cling to life for any longer, while the monsters themselves were one paw through death's doorway.

It was here where everything was decided.

And what became the final nail in the coffin of one of them...

... Nay.

Make that three nails.

--- Were the brilliant display of accuracy and lethality that came from the girl in the mask!

One of the daggers was deflected by the wind.

But that was not enough.

The first dagger buried itself deep into the shoulder of the wolf while the other destroyed its left front leg almost completely - leaving a mangled mess after tearing through the tendons. The beast stumbled on its foothold on the branch, tried to accelerate itself into a jump... but it was not nearly fast enough. Indeed, the enemy had moved with speed that the monster could no longer catch up to. The spectral wings beat the air and in a flurry of jet-black feathers Vivienne had closed the distance between herself and the monster suspended mid-air. The dagger in her hand flashed, its blade shone in the cold light of the overcast sky, and without mercy...

--- She slashed the creature's throat, following it with a thrust straight into its right eye!

... That was the final strike.

The blow that ended the beating of the last of the three hearts.

Indeed, these monsters, these wolves... they were the hounds of the underworld - dogs of hell that hunted as per their paranormal nature degreed. They were part of a bigger whole, a small portion of a phenomena known as the Wild Hunt... a Catastrophe of the Turnside that could reduce even cities into barren wastelands with no survivors left behind. As such, they were more than the sum of their parts. They were a living organism made up of many smaller ones - three beasts of the hunt in this case.

For that was the true, fearsome efficiency of the Wild Hunt.

It wasn't an army.

It was a single creature, capable of acting as a singular unit, uniting all of the powers within it.

And that was how these dogs had operated as well.

Thus... when the last of the dogs stopped breathing---!

"RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............."

The battle truly came to a finish.

A saddened, defeated howl echoed in the forests, but it was hard to tell whether or not it came from the wolves down below or from the wind itself. But as the air took hold and a galeforce blew through the treetops, Vivienne, through her bloodied field of vision, finally saw how the form of the creature - made up of pure prana - collapsed and turned to dust... as did its brethren. With that final furious charge, with that final furious array of slashes, the monsters disintegrated into whispering winds.

And thus --- the wolves had turned into rust upon Vivienne's blades.

[Miss! Devil's Dandy Dog 3: ACC 10 vs. DOD 5 - 25%!]
    [Hit! Devil's Dandy Dog 3: 6 - 1 = 5 Arc-Relic (Metal) Damage (PHYS defense)!]
    [Critical Hit! Devil's Dandy Dog 1: 6 - 1 = 5 x 2 = 10 Arc-Relic (Metal) Damage (PHYS defense)!][Hit! Devil's Dandy Dog 3: 6 - 1 = 5 Arc-Relic (Metal) Damage (PHYS defense)!]
    [Hit! Devil's Dandy Dog 3: 6 - 1 = 5 Arc-Relic (Metal) Damage (PHYS defense)!]

[Devil's Dandy Dog 1: Dies!]
    [Devil's Dandy Dog 2: Dies!]
    [Devil's Dandy Dog 3: Dies!]

New Ability Witnessed!
    Devil's Dandy Dog
    DDD 1 HP: -1/14 DDD 2 HP: -26/14 DDD 3 HP: -19/14
    STR: D END: F AGI: A WIL: F INT: D EGO: F

Perks:

Cortejo de Gente de Muerte [UPDATE!]
    Perfect combination of tactics, single-minded unity and a willingness to hunt not as individuals, but as a part of a pack where each hunter is a different limb of a much larger beast. This nature goes beyond physical limitations for, as parts of the Wild Hunt, these creatures count as a single entity rather than multiple. Forms of movement can be united in other to move a single individual, though those who do so cannot attack during these maneuvers. In other words, the pools of movement speed can be combined to bring superior movement to one creature. In addition, each member of the whole must be brought down to 0 HP for them to die. As long as even one of the members of the Wild Hunt exists, the rest continue to act on infinite Desperation Turns even if they are on negative Hit Points. However, as a price, the members themselves lack Desperation Turns as a whole when killed for good.

Conjuring multiple members of the Wild Hunt is extremely taxing, and even three of this caliber would require an A-Rank ability...

Auriga Torbellino
    A blessing obtained from a certain fate, weaving a galeforce of wind around the user's body. As long as the wind remains constant, the user has their movement speed tripled, their jumping distance doubled, and all ranged attacks have a -25% chance of missing. In addition, when falling from great heights, they halve the falling damage and suffer no injuries from it. Not a fortune that was told, but a fortune that was foretold - forced upon the wearer.