Page 81 of 244 FirstFirst ... 31717679808182838691131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)
    Weather: Storm

“A-are you okay?” I asked, completely dumbfounded - but quickly realizing that there would be no answer to my question.

At first, I wasn’t sure what the sound - and the weird rumbling around her chest - was, but before long it became obvious that she was, in a way, laughing.

With my momentum broken, I got off of the girl with a sigh, and sat next to her on the bed. Still feeling slightly embarrassed, I turned to answer Pyry’s question - wondering in the meantime about just what he meant by “Something bad”.

“Why would I do anything bad to her? Do I look like that kind of person to you?”

If I wanted to do anything, I would have done it while they were outside...

“Though, it’s hard to talk about being friends when you can’t even really communicate someone, or know anything about them.”

I don’t even know if I can trust her, and even if she looks innocent and adorable...How could I call her a friend that way?

“Not even sure what we should do to her. It’s clear that we’re not going to throw her out, but...We’ll have to find a way to “speak” with her and find out just who she is.”

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart & John Dove
    Location: Pinefall High Dormitory—Alexstrasza Lockhart’s Room (Second Floor, Room 115)

Date: 10.09.1994

"Get along, hmm?" I say, tapping a finger to my chin as I ponder it. I haven't had many friends here, but, isn't it important to try new things? "I suppose we can try that."

I take the paper from him, frowning at the dissertation on dimensional paradoxes.

"Even if you may not be sure of the power I claim to wield, there's barely a doubt in your mind that I'll be useful anyways," I wink at him, holding up a finger as I move to place the dissertation in my shattered bookcase. "In a search for your truth, you will probably use any and everything in your power to discover it, will you not? Ahh, it really sets my heart pounding to think that people like you can exist outside of the turnside of the world. Most people would just give up on their search after one failure. That makes you a bit impressive!"

I am naturally alone. Not because I chose to be, but because the kind of person I am is simply one that can't get along with others. Even the song that wafted through the air earlier didn't change that, with its heartfelt notes and touching memories. I am simply too different, and simultaneously similar, to the members of my class for them to like me. But, they don't need to like me for me to protect them.

I smile.

"The turnside of the world is a dangerous place, but this school is steeped in it. It's quite alright for someone like me," I say, waving a hand. "But dangerous for those who don't understand it. I can't 'impart the knowledge' that someone needs to exist there, but I can protect those who want to stay out of it. That's the best role for me, in any case - I'm too inept to speak to others, but saving others comes quite easily to me! Destruction is, after all, the purview of those who are lost inside their own souls!"

I loved fire and shadows, from a time when I was too small to understand fully what they were. Back when I burned my hand on the flames and cried, hoping anyone would come to help me. But of course, nobody came. I was alone in the world then, much like I am now. It's not as if I try to be, but it is simply the way that it is. Everyone eventually leaves me behind, for I am too bothersome to deal with. Even now, eventually both John Dove and Cesarine Feroce will betray me in some unimaginably terrible way, and leave me bereft in this school of friends.

But that's fine.

For now I...

I'll just let them pretend a little longer.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Location: Pinefall High Dormitory—Alexstrasza Lockhart’s Room (Second Floor, Room 115)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza Lockhart
    “Even if you may not be sure of the power I claim to wield, there's barely a doubt in your mind that I'll be useful anyways. In a search for your truth, you will probably use any and everything in your power to discover it, will you not? Ahh, it really sets my heart pounding to think that people like you can exist outside of the turnside of the world. Most people would just give up on their search after one failure. That makes you a bit impressive!”
    “Yes, it is exactly as you say,” John admits in his flat, noncommittal voice. “Thank you for your praise.”

The distant song, foreign in language and cadence, is not an interruption. John does recognize one of the singers as his teacher from the previous evening. The other one…sounds familiar, but he cannot put a name to it.

Alexstrasza speaks some more, her words always accompanied with rich body language, fully of charming, feminine gestures. She says almost as much with her body as she does with her words.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza Lockhart
    “The turnside of the world is a dangerous place, but this school is steeped in it. It's quite alright for someone like me, but dangerous for those who don't understand it. I can't 'impart the knowledge' that someone needs to exist there, but I can protect those who want to stay out of it. That's the best role for me, in any case - I'm too inept to speak to others, but saving others comes quite easily to me! Destruction is, after all, the purview of those who are lost inside their own souls!”
    “No, I do not seek general knowledge of the supernatural, do rest assured."

At least not yet. If it ever becomes necessary, well...only time will tell.

"In any case, I am not sure myself of what assistance I can provide, so it would be too crass of me to ask anything of you.”

Now, the capacity to remain serene and collected in adversity is a commendable trait, yet another element of the whole that is Alexstrasza Lockhart that John can appreciate and praise if necessary. However, there is also such a thing as being too lax.

“Miss Lockhart, if I may ask: what do you intend to do about this?” John makes a gesture in the general direction of, well, everywhere around them. “The standard protocol should be reporting this event to the faculty. There is also the matter of repairs, and I recommend against sleeping in this bedroom tonight, exposed to the elements as you would be. As for the restitution of your lost property…I am unsure of what the best course of action would be. The faculty might be able to provide a solution on that regard.”

He shrugs.

“I’ll repeat myself: if there is some way this powerless me can be of help, do let me know. Oh, but, before I forget: may I assume that the book you intended to show me was destroyed?”

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Anna hadn’t really planned on dashing Zane’s pride in such a manner, but it was, unfortunately, the only option that was available to her. After all, she really did have no idea what car he had been talking about. If it had been something like a Moskovich, Lada, ora Volga, then she might have known a bit more, but even then…

It was at this point that Zane actually managed to gather himself enough to speak up once more.

"Though, if you're full... I can just pack some of it with you. You know. So you can take some back to the school."
    “Why not? The pizza is quite good, so I’d be more than happy to take anything you would be up to share.” Anna gave Zane a thankful smile. “Need any help washing up?”

"If you're done eating, Anna, I can show you around the house! I've got this awesome comics collection in my room, and we got a VHS player in the living room if you wanna watch a movie, and, and..."
    “Well, once we finish cleaning up and you’re still up for it….” Anna gave the boy a rather lazy shrug and a grin. “Why not? It's not like I’m in a particular rush with the storm outside and all.”

Her eyes flickered towards the window, where one could see rain and violent winds battering the garden outside.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

As Elaine, after her discussion with Albert and Tommy, returned to the corner table where the rest of her group was, she was treated to a rather amusing sight of drunk Kean doing his best to impress Johanna with yet another tall tale. This time it seemed to involve this or that on the banks of Belfast - something about a chase with motorboats (which itself was dubious considering how busy river Lagan could be). Still, it seemed to amuse the blonde officer, who was giggling mirthfully while nursing yet another one of those colorful drinks of hers.

As for the nameless child with them... well, she had certainly seen through Kean's blatant attempts of flirting. The girl was staring at the older boy with a cocked eyebrow, dryly amused face and folded arms. When Elaine approached the table, however, she let out a cheerful sound and waved her hand. This made the other two break their attention away from each other and turn towards the approaching youth.

"Oh, there you are, E!" Johanna exclaimed with a grin. "How did it go?"

However, while "The Otter" was blissfully unaware that something might have happened (airheaded as usual), Kean caught onto the slight shift in Elaine's behavior. That was why the Irish boy narrowed his eyes an his face grew more serious.

"... What happened?" he asked quietly.

Well, perhaps having been around each other had made the boy sensitive to shifts in mood when it came to certain Miss Winters.

Vier Wolff & Elise Pelltier

While Gabi Bahkauv jumped down from the table and focused his attention to the vegetables before him (brandishing the knife with a rather scary accuracy), the silence grew longer and longer and the atmosphere in the kitchen got more and more awkward (though Gabi didn't seem to realize this at all). Aleen's eyes darted from one girl to another, to Ramia who was trying to stare at her game with utmost interest, to Ubon who was whistling very unconvincingly and looking at the ceiling, and to Vier and Elise who had decided to play stupid for the time being.

The disappointed groan and a indignant huff that followed made everybody, even Gabi, flinch. Aleen folded her arms across her chest and puffed up her cheeks, pouting rather magnificently at how her declaration had been ignored.

"Hmph! Ya'll a bunch of cowards! Like, total cowards! Absolute J-E-R-K-S!" the bluehead complained, kicking her feet against the floor in tantrum. "How dare you make me feel stupid!"

It looked like this was a time bomb that would explode with more force the longer it was allowed to vent, and thus, someone stepped forth, biting the bullet and sacrificing herself so that others wouldn't feel so awkward.

"Aw, geeze, fine! It's nothing embarrassing, in the end!" Ramia spoke out loud, setting her game console aside. "You want to know my top three picks for the hottest guys in school?"

Aleen nodded fervently, and even Ubon (the Hypocrite) had leaned in - earnest glimmer of interest in her eyes. Ramia hesitated for a moment, glanced around the room and to the doorway to see if there were any boys within earshots (Gabi being once again ignored)... and finally, after heaving one last sigh, lifted her hand up in a fist.

"Okay. So. Top three in no particular order," Ramia started.

Ubon and Aleen gulped in synchronization.

"First. Caleb Montjoy. Boy's got no muscle whatsoever but damn if that isn't a heartbreaker of a face," Ramia started, raising her index finger.

Ubon squeed and nodded in agreement, her cheeks growing redder. Aleen, on the other hand, scrunched her nose up. Perhaps a rivalry of some sort was about to start here.

"Second. Obvious choice, but Pyry Leijonamieli. You could skate on those abs," Ramia continued, raising her middle finger.

This time it was Ubon's turn to react weirdly. She drew a sharp breath and awkwardly glanced around, like a bunny that was about to bolt. Aleen, on the other hand, eased her expression up and nodded sagely. It was a rather obvious, if boring, choice.

"Third. Well... dunno too much about him yet, but that Minato Coastrise who arrived here today? Him," Ramia concluded and raised her ring finger. "I mean, it might be a hasty choice... but something tells me you'd find something wild if you could melt that icy cold exterior of his. Besides, isn't it fun to break down someone's brusque, stand-offish outer wall to find out what sorta guy they are inside?"

This caused some quiet sounds of "Ooh~" and "Well now that you say it~" emanated from Aleen and Ubon.

Then, as if an afterthought, Ramia put her hand in fist again and pointed her thumb down towards the table. Her expression wavered somewhere between dryly amused and slightly disgusted.

"Oh, and at the absolute bottom is that little creep, Colt Davin. That guy just gives me the shivers."

Aleen snorted so hard a booger came out of her nose, and flushing bright pink she hurried to cover her nose. This caused a laughter emanate across the room, easing the awkward atmosphere finally.

Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “If you say things like that, you’re never going to get a girlfriend. I just think it’s more fun if we’re having a conversation together, and now that we are talking, someone’s enjoying herself.”
    ... It was like throwing darts at a stone wall.

The words just harmlessly bounced off the aura of indifference that Minato Coastrise radiated around himself, not even bothering to acknowledge Lucille's barbs. Instead the boy focused on his food, slurping down on the instant noodles while occasionally lifting the bowl to drink some of the soup. Then, though very rarely as if he was saving the best bits for last, he popped one of the pork slices into his mouth. Munching on one of those, Minato finally lifted his gaze... but not towards the blonde.

Instead he stared at the window outside, deep in thought.

"I dunno, Lucy. I'm, like, getting the idea that someone thinks that the whole tall, dark and brooding thing is hot, or whatevah," Mercedes piped in, her earlier amusement having evaporated and now replaced by annoyance at the boy's behavior. "Gawd. Can't remember the last time someone actually tried it. That's just so passé~"

An insulting giggle, aimed at Minato, escaped from the starlet's lips.

--- This was starting to turn into a verbal battleground of sorts.

Perhaps that was why Subaru Iburi, finally having gathered enough courage to interrupt the three, opened her mouth.

"U-umm... it is not good to argue..." Subaru squeaked a rather pathetic attempt at calming down the brewing danger.

Minato, on the other hand, finally glanced towards Lucille and Mercedes, his eyes showing no more emotion than before... though they were a bit more marrowed.

"... I don't need a girlfriend. I have better things to do than worry about something inane as that," Minato replied brusquely. "... So if you enjoy such airheaded teenager talk, go ahead. Talk. Don't expect me to reply though."

He snorted quietly and returned to his food.

"You have your moronic fun alone."

Hisa Momoi & Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Why would I do anything bad to her? Do I look like that kind of person to you?”
    Pyry and Inacio glanced at each other, and the latter looked rather confused. The blonde, on the other hand, let out an amused sigh and shook his head while shrugging. It seemed that this would take a bit longer than they had to explain, and for some reason it was pretty clearly about Hisa's... unique personality quirks.

That was why Pyry simply verbally shoved the topic to the side for the time being.

"Well, someone who might accidentally do something today's society might think as... problematic," Pyry answered with a dry chuckle. "Eh, don't worry 'bout it. It's not that important. I... I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Though, it’s hard to talk about being friends when you can’t even really communicate someone, or know anything about them. Not even sure what we should do to her. It’s clear that we’re not going to throw her out, but...We’ll have to find a way to “speak” with her and find out just who she is.”
    Hearing that, the lanky athlete snorted and walked over to the girl, who had sat upright on the bed now that Hisa was off of her. With one hand Pyry fished out some meat jerky from his pocket (had he an emergency stash hidden in there?) and handed it to the girl, who started munching on the thing with a rather blissful look on her face. With his other hand, he patted her head like she had been a dog or a cat... and the girl's expression grew even more content.

Pyry chuckle at the sight, pointing his thumb towards the girl and glancing at Hisa.

"Y'know, you're way too cautious sometimes. Well... cautious or just suspicious of others. Just look at this girl! Even if we dunno who she is, where she comes from or how she talks, it's pretty clear that she's nothing if not friendly towards us. Heck, she let you shower her and dress her up. If anything the girl here's been nothing if not vulnerable towards you," Pyry spoke, causing Inacio to nod at what he said. "And despite all that, she does nothing but laugh when you mount her like that. I say we can give her a chance."

The green-haired musician, while not as ready to jump calling the girl a "friend" as Pyry clearly was, did seem to agree with the blonde's sentiment.

"Well, you're not wrong. And what comes to communication... well, I think we might have a way to address that," Inacio spoke, nodding towards the girl who was still munching on the piece of jerky. "Her responses, while bizarre, seem to have some sort of pattern to them. Like when she's being curious, or when she's being happy. Perhaps we could test her reactions to stuff, write them down, and get some sort of rudimentary 'English-Gobbledygook-English' translation from that? Though for her name... well, she hasn't tried to introduce herself as anything so perhaps..."

Inacio's eyes turned towards Colt, and he grinned at the other boy. Then he looked at Hisa.

"... Perhaps we should give her a name? Any suggestions?" he asked.

Anna Vandemeel
    [BGM]

And so, the dinner ended.

Zane had, as promised, packed the rest of the pizza onto tupperware boxes that were now waiting for Anna in the fridge. Meanwhile Shane, still excited as ever, had ran up to his room after his brother had reminded him that his room was, apparently, a total mess. Not wanting to go through the embarrassment of Anna having to see his messy room, the boy had bolted up the stairs, leaving the two older youths to clean up the table. That hadn't taken a long time, and the last thing left eventually was just washing the dishes.

Thusly, with a melancholic song echoing from the kitchen radio, Anna and Zane set shop at the sink to take care of what remained. Zane determinedly told that he would handle brunt of the work (washing the actual dishes) while Anna, as a guest, was only allowed to use a towel to dry what Zane had washed.

So, listening to the song and the rain in the background, the two got to work.

Minutes passed in comfortable quietness, until:

"--- You know, I gotta thank you for coming," Zane suddenly said, staring at the soap water in the sink with a strange expression on his face. "Can't remember the last time it was this noisy or busy at our house. Usually it's... more silent. Too silent at times."

A slightly bitter, and exhausted, chuckle escaped from Zane's lips.

"... Others at town can say what they want, but I know I'm glad you guys came to Road's End," the boy continued quietly. "The town's feeling much less... empty and dead, I suppose."

Then, shaking his head a bit, Zane let out a sigh and pulled up the sleeves of his hoodie up to his elbows, plunging his hand into the water and starting to work afterwards.

"Well, best get this done!"

Location: Pinefall High Dormitory—Alexstrasza Lockhart’s Room

Despite the destruction of the room, one of the things that (luckily) remained was the book that Mercedes West had given to Alexstrasza. It had fallen behind the bookshelf during the raid of the room, which had, perhaps, saved it from being torn or stolen. Thanks to their throughout investigation of what was destroyed and what had been left behind, Alexstrasza was able to now procure it for John to see.

However, before the two could look at the book further.

--- Something unexpected happened.

There was a knock on the door.

Three light knocks.

Like made with a small hand.

And then... a voice, muffled by the door.

"Poate... poate... Do I hear secrets being discussed here, poate? That's what bad kids do... right?"

--- A voice that neither of them recognized.

Elaine Winters
    Location - Big Boy’s Gas Station
    Phase - Evening Phase
    Date - 10.9.94 (SAT)
    Weather - Storm

The tall girl smiled and waved back as she approached, letting out a slight scoff as she caught another of Kean’s tales from abroad.

“Ooo look at me, I’m all foreign and mysterious like I didn’t spend my time looking into villages that have weirdly high amounts of murder and scandal.”

She rolled her eyes and then waved a hand lackadaisically.

“Just the usual for me. Chatting up older men, getting asked out, gossiping about my horndog brother, same old same old.”

She plopped herself down easily, ruffling her charge’s hair cheerily as she did so.

She lifted the neck of her bottle to her lips, eyes sharp in thought.

She plopped it back onto the table, “Another thread in the tapestry.”

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Kean snorted like an annoyed horse at Elaine making fun of his tales, rolling his eyes in a way that practically told he had been an idiot to worry about her even for a second. Indeed, the boy immediately went back to his beer and knocked it down in one go. Then he rose from the table, the flush of inebriation clear on his cheeks.

"Oh, like you're the one to talk, Winters!" Kean retorted, poking his finger in her general direction. "Bet it wasn't even the 'older men' who asked you out, nah - that'd be too rich. It was just you, as usual! I swear, I wonder which of the siblings is the real horndog...!"

Muttering and grumbling still under his breath, Kean marched over to the counter, loudly exclaiming he wanted a proper pint of the strongest stuff that the place had to offer - an order that got amused looks from the others gathered around the bar proper. Even Johanna, who had been watching this all with amusement, giggled at the sight and shook her head.

"Hah, that Kean... he really is a sweetheart underneath that snark, isn't he?" the deputy asked, cocking an eyebrow at Elaine. "I can see why you stick with him. If I had a partner like that, I'd---"

Whatever Johanna had meant to say after that was cut off when the door of the bar once again flew open, this time far more violently and with the raging wind and rain from the outside pushing it.

And with it, came two... two people (?).

They must've have been people.

Hopefully, they were people.

--- Well, even if they were, their arrival made an awkward silence fall upon the bar like an anvil, almost as if every patron had been sucker-punched at the same time.

Because... because... these two.

It was hard to describe them with just few sentences.

"E-egads! We've been made! T'wasn't a abandoneth building at all, but a tavern with a mass of peons inside! Art this our doometh?!"

First was the person who was draped in what must have been attempting to be a heavy traveling cloak, like one worn by people in fantasy movies and the like. However, looking at it closely, it was simply a grey-ish tarp that the person had wrapped around themselves - now hopelessly flailing around because the big thing constricted their movement and made it heavy to dart around... and judging by the person's erratic movements and wild gesturing with their arms, they were rather fond of wild movement.

"I see'eth suspiciouseth characters a-plenty! Mayhaps they art after oureth secrets, such as our base of operationeths near the beach that was just floodeteth!" The person yelled out, continuing to butcher the English language (Shakespeare Variant). "Nay, they may have none! Not unlesseth they supplieth us with alcoholiceth... alcoholiceteteth... alcoholic beverages a-plenty, for I am thirsty... a-and quite hungry as well!"

Yes... first there was This Guy.

And to accompany This Guy, there was...

... Some sort of horrific, soaked-to-the-bone marshmallow creature that clung go its compatriot, looking not to melt down from the rain and wind that had battered its suit (?). Hopefully it was a suit. Pray to God it was a suit. Because if that thing was real and not a suit, it raised all sorts of questions that nobody, nobody wanted to answer.

Yes.

It was That Guy.

"------!"

... That Guy who suddenly perked up when they saw the table where Elaine and her friends were sitting at.

Elaine Winters
    Location - Big Boy’s Gas Station
    Phase - Evening Phase
    Date - 10.9.94 (SAT)
    Weather - Storm

She puffed herself up, smugness pouring out from her entire posture, “Run, coward! You can’t handle my power, it’s too much for you! I’m positively overflowing with raw animal magnetism!”

She laughed uproariously, in the manner of a king of conquerors, jolly and proud.

Then she took a long swig from her bottle in triumph.

Naturally, this is when things began to go awry.

She had just turned to listen to Jo in more detail when the door slammed open, jerking her attention back around once more.

However, there wasn’t an ornery lady from abroad, but rather…

A strange pair of…

Uh.

G-gentlemen?

She blinked owlishly at the pair, the cloaked man(?) trying to pronounce some manner of soliloquy, and the, um, ah…?

The guy, yes.

Not accurate, but precise enough for her purposes.

Quite.

The m-marshmallow shaped guy.

Exactly.

She nodded decisively to herself, her keen detective’s intuition divining the truth from observation and fine reasoning.

So, they’d been hiding out (or just living) at the beach when their hidey-hole got flooded out by the rain, seeking shelter, they decided to find some manner of abandoned building, and naturally felt as if this well-lit gas station and bar hybrid was a good location.

Elaine Winters, accomplished investigator, puffed out a breath, ready for a bit of work.

And promptly choked on her drink, having not stopped drinking.

Spitting and coughing and wiping at her face, she was greeted by That Guy peering at her with… Interest?

Shit what should she do, uh

Wait, the beach?

Hm.

Well, charity was a virtue, she supposed.

So she slowly, hesitantly lifted her hand, still damp with beer into the air.

And waved, gently.

“What the fuck is happening,” She hissed under her breath.
    Last edited by Mormarth; September 20th, 2019 at 08:04 PM.

Blog Entries

As I handed John the book, I heard a knock at my door. Glancing at it curiously, I tilted my head. I had, after all, absolutely no friends in this school to speak of other then John and Cesarina. As such, there could be nobody in front of it who would care to visit me.

A voice spoke out, in my native tongue, that I didn't recognize. A small smile came over my face as I approached my door, politely knocking back.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

"Of course there are secrets being discussed," I said, admonishing the voice. "But everyone has secrets. Naturally, secrets are shared amongst friends and family. As a person who has secrets, I am sure you understand this as well, yes?"

The things we are discussing aren't secrets. Not to me. They're simply 'facts' of my life, aspects of it that I keep a bit more hidden then others. I pause for a moment, thinking this over in my head, before politely asking of the thing beyond my door:

"Of course, if we were friends, I would be perfectly happy to let you in. Obviously, if we 'are friends' then we 'are not going to harm one another', though. Are you amiable to these terms?"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

It had been a mistake.Byong, byong, byong!

Truly, truly a horrible mistake.

Byong, byong, byong!

Perhaps the creature could only see movement, perhaps not, but it had certainly started moving towards the table where Elaine was sitting at after she had given it a wave, and now...

Byong, byong, byoooong!

It came charging straight towards them, arms and body flailing like it had been one of those tube men often seen at car dealerships!

"~~~~~~!"

And it made a beeline towards the bowl of snacks that were still on the table, the ones that had been prepared for their nameless charge!

What followed was an absurd scene straight out of a surrealisti nightmare. That Guy spread its arms, attempting swipe the bowl in one fell move... only to find itself blocked by a swift chop from the unlikeliest of sources. Patient 17 had, apparently, decided that the candies and chips were hers and hers alone and thus she had jumped up from where she had been sitting. Climbing up to the table with the agility and dexterity of a spider monkey, the little girl followed her chop with a series of three jabs, all aimed at the head of the marshmallow creature.

That Guy ululated in the way most bizarre and swayed along with the force of the tiny jabs, each one creating a sound that was like hitting a squeaky toy. It was like one of those bobblehead figurines jamming along with the tune of car's suspension being tortured, only in this case the source of its wobbling was a tiny girl defending her treasure hoard.

And thus...

"!!!!!!"

The battlelines were drawn.

On one side, there was a tiny girl ready to jump at the head of the marshmallow creature and scratch its eyes off for trying to touch her candies.

On the other side was, well, That Guy.

--------- And in the sidelines.

"E-egads! Partner, art thou alright!? You werest assault by a tiny creature most foul, a beast in human skin no doubeth!"

Was This Guy, having arrived to the side of marshmallow creature and looking at horror what was about to unfold.

And the rest of the bar was silent, horrificially silent, unable to quite comprehend what was going on...

Blog Entries

The book in question is safe. It appears John will get the chance to see what the big deal is after all. Of course, that is when they are interrupted by an unknown, taunting voice beyond the door.

Well, he is merely a guest. He would not be so crass as to open the door or address the stranger without his host’s cue. Let Alexstrasza handle this in her colorful Alexstrasza way.

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “It’s easy but tedious work just like all part time jobs. It’s kind of why I feel so tired right now.”
    "Still must be nice to get a bit of extra money in your pocket, and a bit of a change of pace from being around Pinefall all the time," said Elise, "I've been meaning to head out that way, actually. I heard that they've got something of a library at the Old Owl's Nest, is that true?"

Ms. Popplewell doesn't have nearly enough books for me.

Vier set Gabi up with the other vegetables, and passed the sack of potatoes to Elise. Gabi then set about chopping the other vegetables with terrifying efficiency.
    “I need you to start by peeling and cubing all of these potatoes. We’ll help you once we’re done with our respective tasks.”
    "Can do!" said Elise with a nod.

Elise set about collecting a peeler, knife and cutting board and set to work preparing the potatoes while trying her best to not get drawn into Aleen's very important subject matter, and feeling a pang of guilt at Aleen's accusation of cowardice. She breathed a quiet sign of relief when Ramia offered herself up as a sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramia
    "Oh, and at the absolute bottom is that little creep, Colt Davin. That guy just gives me the shivers."
    Elise looked back to the kitchen table, pausing her potato preparation, just in time to watch Aleen snort loudly at Ramia's comment about Colt and launch a booger out of her nose. She snerked at the scene as Aleen hastily covered up her nose, and joined in on the subsequent laughter.

Elise regained her composure and interjected, "I'm not sure if all those rumours about Colt being creepy are entirely true. I think a lot of the context got lost and the story got exaggerated once it got into the rumour mill. At least... that's the impression that I get."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Of course, if we were friends, I would be perfectly happy to let you in. Obviously, if we 'are friends' then we 'are not going to harm one another', though. Are you amiable to these terms?"
    A moment of silence.

A moment of terrible, foreboding silence that always preceded a tragedy.

Then, the voice replied - distaste clear in its voice.

"... Do not test my patience, copil. You are not in the position to do so, right?" the voice called out, a low, dangerous undercurrent to it. "You will have up to five seconds to open the door... or you'll have no door to open. The time for your games is long past, and you'd be best to wisen up now, when you still can. Do you understand me, copil?"

A moment of quiet during which the only sound out there was the howling wind and rain, even the song having ended.

Then, the voice continued.

"--- I trust that at least you, băiat, still know when it's best to act... right?" the voice, suddenly, called out to John. "Instead of strutting about as cock of the walk."

The temperature outside the door seemed to drop, cold air seeping in through it to the room itself.

Then, another knock resonated.

Just one.

And with it, the voice started counting.

"Unu..."

Elaine Winters

Excuse me?

Excuse me, sir, this is terribly rude, don't try to eat things that don't belong to you, weird marshmallow man, that's how you get thrown in jail, you know? There's a cop right here, you know?!

But instead, everyone is baffled into silence by These Guys as they try to take things that don't belong to them. Very rude, I must say.

However, my charge had decided to defend those things that were apparently hers (but I was eating them too...), with sheer force, being the only language that guy could understand.

Probably.

Maybe?

Hm.

Here I was, beer on my hands, a small girl and a-a guy trying to have some sort of fight to the death over some snacks and bar food!

And then there was This Guy! Screaming uselessly and just giving me a headache!

Well, I don't know about that one chief! No, I do not!

I'm not going to stand by and just let this crime against sense and reason happen in front of me.

With a firm thunk, my palm smacks into the table and I draw myself up to my full height, frowning in disapproval.

"Oi, knock it off," My arm extends out, knife-hand pointed firmly at the pair about to fight.

"This isn't an abandoned house, so you can't just take whatever is in there like its yours, y'know?" I said, brows twitching, "You have to ask for it, nicely, an' maybe, if you're really nice and polite about it, people will give you some of their stuff."

I jabbed my hand, frowning at the girl as well, "It's rude to just try and take things, and it's rude to hit people, even if they're being dumb."

I even turned to this other guy too, hands on my hips, "And you! Quit talking so mean about people like they're not there! She's no beast, so take it back! It's really sad that your place flooded, but you're causing a ruckus, so if you sit down and talk to people, maybe we can help you out."

Blog Entries

John sighs. It is the long, tired sigh of an old man. It seems some of the newcomer’s words were directed at him, but they rang so hollow he honestly cannot tell.

“Why are people so quick to resort to threats and violence?” he wonders as he slowly, tiredly, rises to his two feet. “What kind of life have they chosen to live, that they find this better than any other alternative?”

Well, there are always those who, unsatisfied with the way things are, rudely force their way upon those around them.

“…so pointless.”

Regardless of John’s opinion, this unpleasant event has been forced upon him, so he will merely endure as he always does. If whoever stands on the other side of the door bears ill intentions towards Alexstrasza, well, that would be quite bothersome, would it not?

“On one hand, the room’s already like this. A broken door would basically finish the job,” he then argues, turning his inexpressive gaze towards the room’s fair resident. “Who knows? Maybe it even forces the faculty to move you to an even better place?”

The only blind spot for someone standing before the door is the wall adjacent to it. This is likely true for every room in this dormitory. Naturally, that person outside (male? female? a bright animal like Tonkori, further gifted with human speech?) is likely to know this as well.

“On the other hand, I abhor violence. Perhaps it is simpler to just open the door,” he finishes before taking the steps that bring him closer to Alexstrasza.

The world constantly tries to impose its worthless events and insignificant ways.

“Say the word and I will open it,” he then says, his voice brought down, solely for Alexstrasza’s ears. “You might find it more convenient to stand behind me, or perhaps by the wall.”

The simpler thing is to endure.

Blog Entries

While Aleen was busy trying to coerce someone into revealing their secrets, Elise Pelltier and I played dumb and acted like nothing was happening in the background. So it shouldn’t be too surprising when we decided to do some diversive talk

Quote Originally Posted by Elise Pelltier
    "Still must be nice to get a bit of extra money in your pocket, and a bit of a change of pace from being around Pinefall all the time. I've been meaning to head out that way, actually. I heard that they've got something of a library at the Old Owl's Nest, is that true?"
    “There’s definitely a library at the Owl’s Nest hotel. It has a pretty diversified gathering of books. Most of the books it has are very typical to a library. Like some of the previous patrons grabbed military books, books about ghosts, self-help books, and etc.” I grabbed a piece of bacon before it became too crispy. “What I think is more interesting about the library is that it has some rather unique items there like people’s journals. If there’s one thing I don’t like about it is… The complete lack of organization of the library. Not organized by Dewey Decimal or Library of Congress, title, or even genre. The books are seemingly placed up at random.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Hmph! Ya'll a bunch of cowards! Like, total cowards! Absolute J-E-R-K-S! How dare you make me feel stupid!"
    Eventually Aleen blew her lid at everyone doing their best to ignore the elephant in the room. Should I take the bullet? My only solace would be the fact that it would a metaphorical one instead of a literal bullet. Thankfully as I pondered that Ramia Ramalsaqr ate the bullet for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramia Ramalsaqr
    "Aw, geeze, fine! It's nothing embarrassing, in the end! You want to know my top three picks for the hottest guys in school?"
    I covertly peeked over my shoulder to see everyone’s reactions to her three top picks. While Aleen’s reaction to Caleb Montjoy was fairly obvious yesterday, I wasn’t too close with Ubon Sĕeklêun so I didn’t know that she liked Pyry Leijonamieli more than what a few of us. However, the last person kind of caught me off guard.

“I didn’t know more students arrived today… Could you tell me a little bit about them?”

I knew I left early in the morning so that I could bike over to the Owl’s Nest and start working. So I could understand why I didn’t know about our new arrivals. It must have been quite the event if there were suddenly transfer students at this timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramia Ramalsaqr
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise Pelltier
    "I'm not sure if all those rumours about Colt being creepy are entirely true. I think a lot of the context got lost and the story got exaggerated once it got into the rumour mill. At least... that's the impression that I get."
    “I don’t think he’s a creep, but he’s definitely a perv. He might think he’s being all stealthy when he makes his glances, but he actually hasn’t laid his hands on anyone unwilling. So I’m sure he’s not that bad of a guy like the rumor mill is making him out to be.” I paused briefly to place the last slice of bacon intent on making this batch crispy. “I guess since Ramia bit the bullet, I’ll go next.”

I thought briefly over everyone I met here before continuing.

“If it’s just physically, then I would have to go for Mr. Hatou. He has muscles to surpass even Pyry… But his personality is a bit too loud for my liking. The cutest looking one… I think Gabi might be the cutest in terms of looks. For the coolest looking guy, I think Kean is way up there.”

And now I have bitten the bullet without really biting the bullet because I said what most people would probably agree to. Especially since outside of Gabi, I haven't talked to any of them at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "I'm not sure if all those rumours about Colt being creepy are entirely true. I think a lot of the context got lost and the story got exaggerated once it got into the rumour mill. At least... that's the impression that I get."
    “I don’t think he’s a creep, but he’s definitely a perv. He might think he’s being all stealthy when he makes his glances, but he actually hasn’t laid his hands on anyone unwilling. So I’m sure he’s not that bad of a guy like the rumor mill is making him out to be.”
    Ramia snorted and made a vaguely dismissive gesture with her hand.

"Eh, I know his type. All the thinking he does is with the dingaling between his legs, and he only thinks about is the clamcave we've got between our legs," the dusky-skinned girl replied, her face like that of a person looking at gnat. "Mark my words, he'll get into trouble at some point... maybe he'll manage to ensnare some airheaded, know-nothing-of-the-world maiden and tries to hide her in his room... only to try all sorts of hormone-driven perversion upon the poor girl."

To punctuate her words, Ramia gave a sharp, sagely nod, folding her arms across her chest at the same time. It was like Colt wasn't the only teenage boy like him she had seen, and wouldn't be the last... though how much truth there was in her prediction, well, that would remain to be seen.

“If it’s just physically, then I would have to go for Mr. Hatou. He has muscles to surpass even Pyry… But his personality is a bit too loud for my liking. The cutest looking one… I think Gabi might be the cutest in terms of looks. For the coolest looking guy, I think Kean is way up there.”
    "........ H-huh?"

Gabi Bahkauv, having heard his name being mentioned, jolted awake from the slight trance he had fallen into while shredding the absolute stuffing out of the vegetables set before him. Minced cubes, only few millimeters thick, were sprawled on the cutting board in front of him. Then, with his eyes wide from surprise, Gabi slowly turned around, training his gaze at Vier.

"........... Cute.....?"

--- Only for his expression to grow a bit sour, and for him to look down at his feet.

"........ I'm a guy... not cute..."

Well, it seemed that this compliment had missed its mark and had ricocheted back to the shooter herself. By using those words, Vier Wolff had certainly not made Gabi feel better about himself. Though it was rather absurd reaction for the boy to have, considering even now he was wearing a simple, grey skirt.

"A-anyways! I thought everyone had heard 'bout the new guys and gals! Well, ehe, just one guy and two gals, but still," Ubon replied, clasping her hands together and smiling at Vier, trying to steer the conversation away from dangerous waters. "I heards they had gotten mistaken 'bout the day school was s'posed to start, for realsies! I'm just glad they found their way here this early! If you wanna, Virrie, we can go visit them laters~"

Then, rubbing her chin and sitting her butt down at the edge of the table, Ubon started pondering about her answer to Aleen's question. Both Ramia and Vier had already given their choices, and from the looks of it, Aleen wouldn't be satisfied until every girl in the room had spoken out their secrets regarding this.

Then, finally, Ubon nodded with a hint of a smile and looked at others.

"Well, uh, I would've gone with Pyrrie since what Ramia said, but... but I think that ship's sailed now. Plus I dun wanna make Hissie and Prushie sad! So, instead, I'd choose Sommie - he's super cool-looking with that eyepatchie of his!" Ubon revealed, big grin splitting her face. "Then, uhh, then... oh, I dunno his name, but I saw this total hottie at the sports field today! Some local guy with long, red hair! The guy looked super interesting and mysterious and... w-well, you get my gist!"

Then, squirming a bit and humming as she tried to come up with a third option, Ubon looked for a moment that she might not have one... but, all of a sudden, a bit of clarity appeared in her eyes.

With a smile that was much more gentle than cheerful, she turned towards the rest of the girls.

"For third... well, he might no be 'hottie' or someone I see as super boyfriend material, but stil..." Ubon hesitated for a moment, before an awkward giggle escaped from her lips. "... I think Johnnie's a total sweetheart, so I'm gonna make him my third pick! For realsies!"

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Oi, knock it off. This isn't an abandoned house, so you can't just take whatever is in there like its yours, y'know? You have to ask for it, nicely, an' maybe, if you're really nice and polite about it, people will give you some of their stuff."

"......."

Well, there it was.

The saddest face.

The marshmallow thing fell to its knees, powerless to give out a counter-argument (and perhaps not verbally able) to what Elaine had said. And since it was clear That Guy would not be able to physically wrestle the bowl of snacks from Seventeen, the soaked thing was at an impasse. A growl emanated from somewhere where That Guy's stomach was supposed to be - a sad, forlorn sound of someone who hadn't eaten for days.

Perhaps that was the straw that broke the camel's back - or in this case, stomach.

--- Abandoning all its pride, on its knees, That Guy started making sprawled praying motions towards the little girl in front of it.

Almost like praying towards Mecca.

"Huhuhuhu~"

This elicited a victorious giggle from the small girl currently standing on the table, her expression that of a queen who held the key to the foodstocks of this land. Folding her arms royally across her chest, Seventeen gave Elaine a look, almost like she was asking if she should deign this marshmallow peasant (currently prostrating itself repeatedly on the ground) with a morsel from the bowl that was quickly becoming a veritable cornucopia in this bizarre scene.

As for the other absurdity that was going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "And you! Quit talking so mean about people like they're not there! She's no beast, so take it back! It's really sad that your place flooded, but you're causing a ruckus, so if you sit down and talk to people, maybe we can help you out."
    This Guy jerked back, almost like it was shocked that Elaine had retorted towards it.

"W-what the devil!? The blonde devil speaks and j'accuses me of speaking naught but the trutheth!" This Guy exclaimed, slapping its hands at its face in horror and shock. "Myself, sit down at the tableth of peons, and squeal and beg for help liketh a commoneth criminal? Unthinkableth! Truly unthinkableteth! I haveth noteth heardeteth sucheth absurdititeth beforeteth-teth-theth-blhblblblaaargh!"

Stopping its verbal rampage, This Guy panted heavily, leaned with its hands at its knees, trying to get back its bearings.

"Oh god I'm gonna bite my tongue in half at this rate..." This Guy mumbled, before glancing at Elaine from under its tarp-hood.

They searched their mind for a moment for the right words.

They spelunked the depths of their brains for something to combat the blonde's common sense.

Alas, they found none.

------- So This Guy had to result to petty insults.

"D-don't think you can just order me around even if you have wide birthing-hips and I have none!" This Guy exclaimed, pointing their finger at Elaine. "Knights do not n-need such assets of flesh, unlike people of 'animal magnetism' like you!"

Kean Loinnir proceeded to spray his beer through his nose upon hearing that.

Elaine Winters

This was getting to be a bit much, I thought to myself, drooping slightly as a hand came up to rub at my brow.

But okay, alright then, one thing at a time.

I cast an eye to 17, gloating in her victory over the marshmallowy form of That Guy, and swept my rubbing hand up into a lecturing pose, cradling the elbow in the opposite palm.

"It's always good to treasure what's yours, but it's even better to share with others, so that everyone can have nice things. Better to have friends than be alone, yeah?"

Then, required mentoring/mothering done with, I turned my attention to This Guy right here, brow furrowed, finger now curling a bit as I took in their words.

"P-people of animal magnetism, like me?" I blinked for a moment, my own words tossed back at me.

Wait, hold on.

"Hey, I said that before you got here!"

I appreciated my body being appreciated, but this person, this, this guy was just throwing out things to be petty!

"What, were you lingering at the door and eavesdropping on me? Not very knightly of you to go spying on people like that," I puffed out my cheeks, pointing a finger accusingly, "So you should have known this place wasn't abandoned, and just blundered in here to make a big scene!"

A brief pause.

"And you're not even using that weird Shakespearean talk anymore!"

Like I didn't hear them muttering under their breath.

Blog Entries

"Hmm, I don't quite understand the purpose, but very well," I say, stepping aside with a smile and leaning against a wall. "Please open the door with as much haste as you desire, Mister Dove. I certainly wouldn't want to keep anyone left out in the cold."

And if they bear ill intentions, well that's no worry itself. I'm already exposed as a monster. My room destroyed, my books ravaged, simply for daring to be magical textbooks owned by a girl who is clearly wrong. Anyone would do it really, so it's no bother to me.

I am inhuman.

Even if I want to be human so very desperately, I can't deny this fact. Even if it makes me want to cry, I have to acknowledge my absolute lack of meaningful humanity. My existence is a hex on the world itself, one that the world strives to remove. If I were to die today, I doubt anyone would even flinch. There would be no tears at my funeral, only acknowledgement. 'Ah yes,' they would say, their lips full of fake sorrow, 'Brilliant girl, but a tad off.'

I don't want to be the girl who's just known for being a tad off. I want to be human. I want to feel the same feelings as everyone else. I want this emptiness in my soul to vanish. Is that so wrong? Is that why you hate me so, God?

Hey, God?

Why do bad things happen to me?

I know I've done wrong in my life, believe me... But don't you think you could cut me a bit of slack? Not much, really - I know you've given me enough rope to hang myself, but... I just want to be happy.

I loved some of those books. The ones that were torn to shreds. I'd brought them not because they were things I'd planned to read, but they were some of the only things I'd ever owned. Even in a foreign land, isn't it okay for me to have a moment of peace? To have familiarity even when I don't know who I am?

Ahh, I'm getting distracted. I blink twice, and smile as I lean against the wall, nodding to John to open the door.

After all, if anyone inside wishes either of us harm, it's no trouble for me.

I can just kill them.

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES