Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 12525760616263646772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1682

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 10.09.1994 (SAT)
    Weather: Overcast

Sleep ended up being more satisfying than what I expected. Maybe it was because I was just too exhausted, or my body was trying its best not to think about what happened last night…

But it’s not like I forgot.

And I already knew that today was going to be just absolutely horrible because of it.

Finishing my morning routines, I realized just how hungry I was...But then I didn’t eat much since yesterday. I guess it’s time to hit the cafeteria.

But first...

Reaching Pyry’s room, I knock on the door.

Then knock again…

But there is no response.

Getting increasingly annoyed, I start banging on the door so hard that it almost makes my hand hurt, when suddenly---

His door is not even locked.

My heart skips a beat, anticipating the worst possible outcome, and without giving a damn about privacy or manners, I enter the boy’s room.

The smell of alcohol instantly hits me, but Pyry is nowhere to be found.

“You...goddamn idiot…”

He clearly got back to his room last night, and there are no signs of struggling...The door was intact as well, so unless someone managed to get a key to his room and haul him away without leaving any traces...Then he probably just left on his own. Most likely drunk, and probably not any more reasonable than last night…

I should have just knocked him out or something.

This is why I can’t trust you, you damn moron.

Taking a piece of paper out of my backpack, I quickly scribble down a message and put it on his bed, then step out into the hallway.

Reaching into my backpack again, I carefully grab a piece of cloth, remove it’s wrapping and tuck it between the door and the frame as I close it.

“Where do I even start looking for you…” I mumble to myself as I make my way towards the stairs;

But from there, I can already hear that something is going on in front of the dormitory, something that I’ll inevitably run into on my way out…

Unless I jump out the window?

Was there no back exit?

Bah...
    Last edited by Cheetose; June 11th, 2019 at 10:53 PM.

Progressive Shattering Kuroyuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Today was a day off from my first day off from school. While I would love to spend more time with Aleen or ensuring Ramia isn't going to harm anyone, my mornings were already booked. Today, I was going to work at the Owl's Nest Hotel. First, I wanted to find out about the various people who lived were also fellow visitors. Second, I wanted to ask Nora about a few more things and if she spotted anything more interesting things in the library. Finally... I just need money. I actually don't have that much money after paying someone off and the various other things required for attending Pinefall High School. I ate a quick thing of buttered toast and then made to the Owl's Nest.

It was nice knowing that the rain ended. After yesterday's downpour, it was a nice change. However, it was still cloudy outside and could always run again so I decided to don my bright yellow poncho. Thankfully, I didn't have to use it for my ride here, but better safe than sorry. Looking around I made ensure that no one was hiding from me, I didn't want to get surprised by James Halloway again... Or that kicking bastard. Both times were not exactly... thrilling for me. With that said, I should make it know that I've arrived. So I looked for the stereotypical bell that all hotel desks had and rung it once. Hopefully it's Mr. Halloway who arrives instead of his niece, I would prefer not having to explain my need for employment instead of a room.

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Phase: Morning
    Date: 10.09.1994

It would seem that not even on the weekends were the students of Pinefall High given a good nights sleep.

“One of these days, I’m going to smash that damn music box before going to bed.”

It had been less than a week, but all the everything that followed her enforced awakening had already blurred into a well-practiced routine. A quick shower, brushing her teeth, picking out clothes for the day - nothing had really changed over the past couple of days in that respect. Her side, however? Well, there was still a bit of muscle soreness from yesterday, but after some basic treatment, it hardly even qualified as a scratch at this point.

Honestly, the Estonian girl far more lamented her lost sleep if anything.

Anna’s ruby eyes flickered towards the gray, almost muted light pouring out of her window.

Tch… a storm? A night of pouring rain, followed up by more rain and lightning. Marvelous.

Setting aside her own personal dislike of lightning storms, it was rather inconvenient considering everything she had planned out for the day. And unfortunately, after everything that had happened yesterday, lazing about wasn’t really an option anymore. Anna’s gaze momentarily stopped on her desk-drawer, before she stood up and headed towards the closet to grab her duffel bag.

A couple of minutes later, her bag was filled with everything she might need for the day (and the evening). An umbrella (even though the wind might render it completely useless), a raincoat (which might fare a tad better), some water, a spare set of clothes. Add in a couple of other miscellaneous items and she was as prepared as she probably could be, considering her “student” status.

Slinging the black bag over her shoulder, the raven-haired girl headed into the hallway, locking the door behind her.

Before heading out, however, she needed to have a small chat with someone.

After a brief trip down the staircase, Anna was standing in front of another heavy wooden door. One could clearly see the numbers 102 emblazoned on its surface.

Nary a moment later, Anna’s fingers were already rapping on the wooden door in front of her. In a manner most characteristic to the brusque girl, her knocking was most assuredly loud enough to be almost impossible to ignore, though it was still a ways off from full-blown banging.

“Highlander. You still around?”
    Last edited by Mellon; June 12th, 2019 at 06:04 AM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Phase
    :
    Morning Phase
    ---

Vivienne Bianchi can be seen in a rather disheveled state as she walks down the corridor, somewhat oblivious to all the commotion going on. There is something strange with her, indeed, she bears dirty stains upon her usual doll-like image, unpleasant bags under her blue eyes... a display that has no precedent in Pine Fall High. Indeed, it for the first time, Vivienne Bianchi is clearly tired. The signature lack of emotions is there, something which one would think would mask her weariness; yet the body language makes it clear.

For the observers, on a closer look... there are some strange marks on the collar of her pajama, as well as some trace of moisture... did someone munch on that or something?

...whatever adventures Vivienne went through, it certainly drained all energy from her, a detail most certain as she opened the door to her room in a zombie-like state. Washing her face, brushing her hair, taking deep breaths, the quiet girl was obviously pooling together all the energy that the morning would let her muster, so that she could live through this day as a functional human being.

Leaving her room roughly half an hour later, she emerged with an appearance that was still not without any blemish, but had a better air of freshness to it. With that done, Vivienne walked down to check up on what was happening, on what was the cause of all the commotion.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin, John Dove, Hisa Momoi & Vivienne Bianchi
    [BGM]

"Sorry dude, but I have no idea who you guys are. I can't just---"

"I already showed you our papers."

"Yeah, but I didn't get any word from---"

"Don't care if nobody bothered to mention this to you. Out of the way."

Something... strange was going on at the lobby, or rather, the very entrance doorway of Pinefall High's dormitory. As a few people here and there came to take a peek and a look, they were treated with a strange sort of scene. First there was Jake Briggs, looking rather lost and confused and scratching the back of his head in a manner that told of not understanding anything that was happening right now. Then there was Sakura Tsukioka, with quite magnificent bags under her eyes, arms folded and tapping her foot like she was holding back a few choice words of anger.

------- And then there were three completely unknown people.

First one was a bespectacled girl with a sort of dopey, dreamy expression and an... interesting choice in clothing. Her eyes were wandering here and there, paying no attention to either Jake or Sakura. Next to her was a boy with a fierce expression, eyes like barrels of a gun and a face that just screamed for people to back off and leave him alone. Lastly there was a little runt of a girl, dressed in clothes that were way too big for her and holding hands with the boy like only younger sisters can.

However, interestingly enough, what connected this mysterious trio was their hair. Their messy, black, floofy hair that seemed to be some sort of genetic trait.

"Ugh... If our janitor doesn't know, then there's something clearly off," Sakura said, her voice and tone annoyed. "You guys can't just waltz in here like you're expecting to move in immediately. Besides, this is not a public school in the first place!"

Move in? Now that Sakura mentioned it, there was an array of luggage at the feet of the three kids (siblings?), ones that looked very much like those that most of the students of Pinefall had brought with them. They suitcases were old and beaten by weather, but they were clearly bursting with stuff. Whatever this meant was anybody's guess, but---

"Shut up. We were accepted into this place," the boy rudely retorted to Sakura, his voice cold. "Just check the room arrangements. There should be two rooms left. Those are ours. Moron."

Sakura's nostrils flared and she was about to shoot back something fierce, but Jake managed to calm the situation down some by putting a hand on her shoulder... or maybe the poor janitor was just holding her back so she wouldn't assault the boy right here and now.

"Ahaha, well, that is true... but the empty vacancies are just in the boys' floor," Jake epxlained. "So, uh, your sisters wouldn't have a room of their own in here Mr. Coastrise..."

The boy grumbled curses under his breath and pinched the bridge of his nose, shooting quite the glare at the two who were denying pass from him and his siblings(?). While the bespectacled girl hummed slightly and tilted her head, clearly confused, at the ceiling light, the younger girl grasped the boy's hand a little tighter and gave him a worried look.

"... Didn't Papa arrange the stuff right? Do... do we need to go back to that creepy hotel?" she asked with a raspy voice.

The boy patted her on the head, before shooting another look at Sakura and Jake.

"Look. We arrived too early. We thought the school wouldn't open till next week. It was a pain in the ass to get here," the boy spoke. "We spent last of our money to rent a room in Owl's Nest. If you kick us out of the school... school we're students of, you're making us homeless. Have fun explaining that to your principal."

Jake bit his lip, unable to quite figure out what to do here. However Sakura, having once again assumed her more 'authoritive' role that she had developed when it came to the class, put her hands on her hips and stopped tapping her foot.

"I understand that much. But we can't just let someone waltz in here claiming they're a student! Who knows what sort of people you could be!" the brunette said. "So unless you have some way of proving this, and explaining why we don't have more girls' rooms prepared, I guess you're out of luck."

A somewhat troubled, complex look rose to Sakura's face as she looked at the youngest of the girl.

"Look, uh... Minato, Zhou and Yeong-Hui, was it?" Sakura asked, and all three nodded. "I'm not saying this because I want to make you homeless. I'm saying this because I want to keep people in this school safe. This is... not a normal school, after all."

The boy, apparently named Minato, clicked his tongue and averted his gaze.

"Whatever..." he muttered.

Meanwhile, the girl with the glasses finally tore her eyes off the apparently fascinating ceiling lamp and instead stared straight at Jake. A sort of not-there smile appeared on her face.

"... Are you the concierge?" she asked, her voice almost breathy and lilting at the same time.

Sakura, on the other hand, looked like she had been sucker-punched by this out-of-nowhere comment.

New Person Met!

...Seriously?

This would be so easy to handle if it wasn’t for all people standing around here.

Now it’s just another meaningless farce where you are supposed to believe that the other bunch of jackasses are telling the truth.

As if.

My gaze rests on Jake for a moment as something important clicks in my mind;

Jake...The janitor that should be questioned. Yeah, I guess there is at least some point of being here.

Approaching the group of people, I force a weak smile on my face;

“Listen, you bunch. You should talk about this with the principal or at least teacher before moving in, and not after.”

Reaching into my pocket, I take out a small leather purse as I continue.

“I’ll give you enough money so that you can rent the hotel and eat properly until next week, and in exchange you make your arrangements properly, all right? No one needs this commotion straight in the morning.”

Fidgeting around in my purse for a bit, I take out a few dollar bills;

“How much would you need? 40? 50?”

Trying to hurry things up, I turn my attention towards Jake while the boy settles for an answer;

“And you, Jake. Got some time to talk? I’ll invite you for a drink or lunch or something.”

Last edited by Cheetose; June 12th, 2019 at 09:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

"................"

The girl stared at Elaine for a good, solid minute without saying a word... and then tilted her head in confusion, her expression a big question mark.

From the looks of it... she had no idea what the blonde had just said.

Indeed, the girl croaked out a word or two, but again, they were in a language that the blonde had no way of understanding. Sounded very foreign at the very least. However, Elaine's tone of voice had worked some sort of magic. After all the small kid had calmed down considerably, no longer looking like a frightened animal ready to bolt at the earliest loud noise that she could hear.

Gingerly, like she was testing some sort of waters, the girl lifted the sleeve of her shirt and sniffed at it. Having found something there she then crawled across the bed on all-fours, ending up in front of Elaine and... sniffed the hem of her shirt as well.

Some sort of recognition flashed in the girl's eyes.

An almost hopeful, if very fragile smile rose to her face... and she sat on the edge of the bed, catching a hold of Elaine's hand, squeezing it like she was seeking shelter.

The unfamiliar room, the unfamiliar scenery outside the window, and the unfamiliar situation still clearly made her afraid, yet at the same time, the girl did appear to recognize the blonde student before her as the one who had saved her.

And as a source of courage.

Blog Entries
    Prushka
    [BGM]

Prushka's knock went unanswered for good two minutes.

But... there were signs that it had been heard. First there was a yell of surprise, muffled by the door, and someone flailing with what sounded like bedsheets. This was followed by a loud thump as body fell to the floor, accompanied by curses no good kid should ever repeat. Some clinks and clanks of metal cans and other assorted stuff being thrown around and rolling on the floor, followed by someone almost slipping on one of said cans and screaming out in frustration and sudden shock. Another thunk, this time more akin to someone stumbling forward and hitting their forehead on an open door of a wardrobe. Muttered obscenities and sounds of someone getting dressed, a pop of a plastic lid and opening of a bottle of water, some chugging of water and something else for a good twenty seconds...

... and finally, barefooted steps approaching the door.

"It better be a male stripper or a wad of cash or I swear I'm gonna sock yer light o---"

The rough, raspy voice was cut off as the door opened, revealing behind it a fuming Xylia Pheme. Her forehead was bright red, her hair was a bad case of explosive bedhair and for some reason her T-shirt was on backwards... but that didn't matter. Her burning eyes had widened a bit when they locked to those of Prushka. For a moment this girl, barely taller than the one before her, stared at this helmeted adversary.

... Before adapting an utterly disdainful expression, like someone had shoved manure under her nose.

"... Didn't I tell ya to never talk to me again ya height-challenged retard?" Xylia growled, glaring down her nose at Prushka. "Pretty sure I made myself clear. The hell ya want?"

This wasn't the warmest welcome.

... And for some reason a stinging scent of gasoline was wafting from the room behind Xylia.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia Pheme
    "... Didn't I tell ya to never talk to me again ya height-challenged retard? Pretty sure I made myself clear. The hell ya want?"
    "Did you say that? I wouldn't know."

"I'd definitely remember something as amazing as a girl in the same height bracket calling me short."

I'm sure I should be discouraged right now. Lots of weird things are happening. People might be dead. Xylia Pheme holds the answers, and if I thought things through a bit, I might be tempted to handle this with delicacy.

But forget it. Yesterday some pretty amazing things happened. Being insulted by some girl is nothing compared to that.

Besides, she's being an ass.

"You got my message yesterday, right? It's bribery. I'm here to bribe you. With pie."

I sniff, wince, and cough. What is she doing in there? It smells like a garage that's one tossed cigarette but from turning into a fireball.

Despite the gasoline smell, I fix her a stare to match her own... though it's a bit diluted by me having to hold a sleeve over my mouth and nose while doing it.

"So?"

Elaine Winters

Hm, well, for some reason, she can't understand her.

Might just not know the language, whatever she said in response certainly sounded foreign.

Elaine only knew English, Spanish and some French. Well, she knew more than those, but those are the ones most useful in talking to people, anyway.

She was fairly certain a Roman Senator wasn't going to come crawling out of the utility closet. But hey, who knows, it's a strange world.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, specifically the one holding her own in a rather tight grip.

Well, she's made the good books, probably from the familiar scent, so she can work with this. She's dressed decently enough, so heading into town was a reasonable enough option.

Or the cafeteria, if that's an option, lot of things to take into account with her new little friend.

Should probably give her a name, temporarily at least, can't exactly go around calling her Seventeen, s'a bit weird, and dehumanizing.

Hm...

I doubt the plan is going to last much farther than the front door anyway, judging from the faint commotion I hear.

But whatever, it's fine, just picked up a little girl last night, don't worry about it, I'll make sure she's housebroken.

Maybe that's too much.

Elaine turned to the girl and rubbed her stomach with her one free hand meaningfully, gesturing out the door as a follow-up.

It's best to at least try to explain things.

Should probably pick up some pen and paper, see if she can at least read English, or the other smattering of languages she knew.

She snatched up her wallet from her desk and smiled encouragingly, then stepped out into the hall, affecting an air of absolute normality as she moved towards the stairs.

She did not quite whistle innocently.

Blog Entries
    Prushka

"Sure. If I can ram that pie up yer asshole," Xylia shot back, nothing but contempt in her eyes. "Ain't no reason fer me to hang out with ya. In fact, I'd rather razor my eyelashes that spend time with dwarf like ya. So scram. I'm going back to bed."

And with that, the door was slammed shut in front of Prushka. This was followed by loud grumbling from the other side of said door as the barefooted footsteps grew more distant, only to apparently hit one of those aforementioned metal cans. A loud yelp of surprise came next, along with a crashing sound of someone hitting the floor again and bashing the back of their head against the hard floor. A litany of curses, so loud that the whole corridor rang with them, echoed deep from within the room... and, much more quiet, some sounds of stiffled crying thanks to pain.

Thirty seconds later the door flew open again, Xylia stepping out, now dressed in her jacket and with her shoes on. She jabbed Prushka's chest with her finger, pure anger blazing in those burning eyes of hers.

"Fine! Pie! Need it! Now! You buy! Let's go!"

Still grumbling obscenities, the dusky-skinned girl started down the corridor.

Elaine Winters

As the Elaine and this, still apparently nameless, girl started descending the stairs, they could hear loud, muffled cursing echoing from somewhere deep within the girls' floor. The words used were the type that were imaginitive even for a person like Elaine, who had grown up with two brothers. The raven-haired kid, still holding tightly onto the blonde's hand, tilted her head quizzically and quite curiously at these sounds.

... Perhaps it was best if she didn't understand English.

"........!"

However, as the two of them arrived to the lobby area, the girl froze up and hid behind Elaine. Here, some sort of other situation was brewing. A load of people, most students of Pinefall but also three strangers, had gathered into the entranceway, with Jake and Sakura being in the forefont. Words were exchanged until Hisa stepped in, apparently trying to offer the strangers money...

... And the black-haired boy's eyes flashed with indignation and anger.

"---------"

Not good. This gathering of unknown people clearly scared Elaine's new friend, as she was practically covering in the blindspot created byt he blonde's taller frame.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; June 12th, 2019 at 10:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"..."

Crash. Bang. Kapow.

As if nothing happened, Xylia Pheme reappears, just as I thought I'd blown it completely.

What's with this girl? Is she the type that changes her mind all the time, or does she just not say what she means, like a normal human but taken to the next level? I can't even be mad. Well, no, I am mad, but it's more like... the confusion is dulling it, somehow.

"Um. Alright. It's Avery's Diner, in the town. It's got some really good cherry pies."

They must be pretty good, if it was written in our guide. If we hurry, we might get there and back before it starts raining.

I rev up the motor, and, wobbling, follow along on my scooter. I'm still getting the hang of this thing. Now I can ride beside someone without bumping into them or the wall, but tight turns are still an issue.

"..."

Hm. Nothing to say. I spent a bunch of time thinking and planning and strategizing, but, when it comes down to it, I don't know what to say to Xylia Pheme. She is, after all, a complete stranger.

"...is your head alright? That sounded like it hurt a lot - oy. Really? Is this actually happening?"

Just as I come up with something, I'm distracted. By a gaggle of people. The commotion from before must not have been resolved.

HONK, HONK

"Hey, what's the hold up? Unless someone's life is literally at stake, we kinda need to be able to leave the dorm."

Elaine Winters

Well, this looked like a big heaping helping of Not Her Problem, clowns to the left and jokers to the right and all.

She was with the girl on this one, was about time to peace out of this shit, bunch of snarky teenagers was a secondary concern at the moment.

Well, she’d turn around and start looking for a back way out, and if all else fails, there’s always windows, she’s flexible, girl is tiny, they’d make it work.

Probably.

She pulled the girl a little closer to her, smiling down reassuringly, everyone’s all concerned with this crap, so they’ll just scoot and miss a whole to-do as to why there’s a girl where there wasn’t.

Aces, on to easy street.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pinefall High Dormitory—Entrance
    Morning Phase
    Overcast

Too many people. John Dove really is in high school. His mind looking forward to a day of “taking it easy” jerks to a halt, internal gears struggling against an interruption commanding them to switch back to “weekday mode”. Anybody looking right at him at that very moment would have seen the most unsightly look of a man fighting against migraine.

Weekend mode or whatever, John pushes himself to process the scene, identify factions, collate their positions on the issue under discussion and develop a course of action.

Three newcomers demanding entrance. Are they siblings? They do share a last name, if John caught Sakura’s words properly, but…that is a little strange. This is an institution for society’s outliers. Three such youngsters from the same family? Isn’t that—what’s the word—overkill? Is the small one even of high school age? Then again, we already have the likes of Xylia Pheme and The One Known Only as Prushka.

And then there is the matter of their first names

In any case, Jake Briggs and Sakura Tsukioka refuse them entrance—Jake has not been informed of any new arrivals, and Sakura is Sakura. The sole male of the trio has declared that they are out of money and place to go—an obvious stratagem to put pressure on the gatekeepers, its veracity notwithstanding. Sakura counters with a position solid enough to make the boy desist for a moment.

John muses whether he should intervene even as the situation develops in real time and yet more people arrive to the entrance hall.

Colton Davin has apparently chosen inaction for now. Perhaps that is the wisest option, but it is one John finds unproductive and less feasible by the second.

Hisa Momoi intervenes and…tries to resolve the issue with money? That’s…bold, to say the least. The young man’s—Minato’s—body language suggests he does not take kindly to Momoi’s charitable (?) display.

Elaine Winters flutters around more furtively, seemingly hoping to avoid the blockade altogether. His eyes catch and his brain records the most unusual company she is keeping—looks like Elaine Winters has been up to quite the adventure since last they talked on the running track. One issue at time, however.

And then The One Known Only as Prushka shows up, in the company of Xylia Pheme of all things, and that obviously grabs his attention because—

—whatthehellisthatatinyscooteristhatcooloradorable ohgodithasatinyhornsoamazing—

—their encounter could be the answer to so many questions. One issue at a time, however.

“Um, good morning?” He says as finally steps forward, squeezing himself between Momoi and Sakura. “Sorry to interrupt, but could we at least open up some room? This is the only entrance, and people need to come in and out.”

He sets the example by sidestepping to just past the ample doorframe. He then properly addresses the three newcomers. He even bends his knees to mostly match the height of the smallest among them, perhaps hoping to indicate that he is talking to all three of them, not just their (apparently) spokesman, Minato.

“Well…ah, right, I’m John. We might become classmates in the near future. Heya there.”

After half-heartedly waving at the three, John finally tackles the issue.

“So, um, I’m sure you understand our point; you wouldn’t let a complete stranger stroll inside your house just because he claims he belongs there, right?”

He quickly turns to the gatekeepers, perhaps to deny the Coastrises the chance to retort just yet.

“On the other hand, Sakura, look at them. We cannot just leave them to aimlessly lug around those bags and cases until everything is settled. It might rain cats and dogs any second now; that’s just poor manners. By the way, did you manage to get breakfast at the ‘creepy hotel’?”

He has already turned back to the three.

“You hungry?”

Now to Jake.

“Jake, you are the concierge,” he says with the tone and the body language of one who has decided on an unchangeable nickname for another. “Help us here. You should be contacting somebody who can put this…registration mismatch in order, like, right now. Like, go-go-go.”

John offers him what he believes is a disarming smile.

“Really, don’t worry; I’m sure we can offer the proper hospitality to our unexpected guests for a while, either in here or in the cafeteria.”

Sakura now becomes the target of the smile.

“Right, Sakura? We can manage?”

Suddenly, a man perhaps unreasonably satisfied with himself turns to the thus-far-ignored Hisa Momoi.

“Momoi, please, put that away before I grab it for myself. And seriously, let’s make some room. Miss Prushka—”

—andhertinyscooterohmygodit’ssogreat—

—needs to come out.”

Human beings change on weekends.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

This was not the kind of ruckus Colt had been expecting. Three unfamiliar faces claiming they’re moving in, trying to challenge a blockade setup by two familiar faces. Not to mention the others arriving one after the other.

The janitor, Jake. The girl he couldn’t find anything to say about, Sakura. The burnt girl, Hisa. The guy he never talked to, John. The mute swimsuit model, Vivienne. The hot and very not-mute girl, Elaine. The shrimp, Prushka, on a… scooter? And… the copperhead.

Taking headcount, Colt tried to avoid any eye contact with Xylia. Forcefully looking in every direction but hers, he paid attention as best he could, trying to get his head wrapped around the situation.

Late arrivals. Stayed at a hotel. Paperwork to prove they’re supposed to be here. Two girls and one guy, but the only open rooms are on the boys’ floor. Hisa is offering to loan them money to get another hotel room while they sort out travel arrangements. How incredibly, dangerously trusting. Or maybe it’s just a sign that she considers that amount of money insignificant compared to the prospect of shoving this problem off to a later time. John is trying to push Jake to go find somebody who can make heads or tails of the whole situation, and inviting the three in for breakfast in the meanwhile.

“I’m with John.” Colt took a single step forward. “I don’t see any reason to have some standoff over this. And I don’t see any reason why you three would bother to lie and set something like this up. Jake, can’t you run over to the school or something and ask the principal or someone about this?”

Having turned from the three to Jake, Colt restrained himself from glancing at the pair of short girls that spelled doom when put together.

“There’s a middle ground here. Y’all just can bring your bags over to the common room, settle down and have something to eat, and wait for Jake to get somebody with authority to sort this out.”

Finally, he let himself slip, and glanced over at the scooter riding midget.

Really. That?

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Part of me already knew, when I tasted the tinge of fire on my tongue, the wisp of blackness that wrapped around my heart when I first came to this dead-end town. I've always been a frankly hopeless case; I am simply horrid at interacting with others. It was always so much easier in stories that were told me to while I held a small, stuffed dragon to my chest and stared wide eyed upwards at the one telling it to me, my mouth slightly open.

The heroes won, of course. Victory was something to be celebrated, even when you weren't involved. This taste on my tongue, haaah... I miss the magic and mysteries of my own school, instead of the accursed ones of this one. Honestly Headmaster, you could have simply made me a teacher's assistant, or challenged me to interact with others instead of sending me seven thousand miles away to do it here.

Stand up.

Brush in mouth.

Back and forth. Spit. Back and forth.

New clothes. Don't let your mind numb. Breathe.

A lazy wave of my hand and a shadow skulks along the floor and opens the closet doors, as I peer inside. There's realistically not much for me to do today; nobody I care for is around, and I have little interest in learning to care for anyone else at this school.

Breathe. Open the case. Drink. Close the case. Look in the mirror. Smile brightly. Blink. Ah yes, there you are Zaza, I had missed you with the events of yesterday. It is indeed hard to be yourself when you are thrown off by the events surrounding you. It isn't every day you meet a monster after all.

Open the door. Peer out into the hallway, discreetly. Nod. Leave the door. Close it. Lock it. Stretch. Breathe. Yawn.

It is not as if life here in the mornings is any different from life at my previous school. The true difference is the number of people willing to speak with me, and the utter lack of magic that roams through the halls. With a sigh, I turn on my heel and head for the entrance.

Hopefully I won't meet anyone there that desires to speak to me.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it
    [01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries

Lucille Faraday

It took some time to find the only functioning store in the town, but by the time Lucille made her way through the doorway, at least it had opened up. As the blonde opened the door she could hear a tell-tale jingle of a bell somewhere in the backroom, announcing her arrival to whoever was working today. As for the girl herself, just by stepping in she had her senses assaulted by all things British. Only one look at the interior of the store made it clear that either the owner was from the Isles, or that they had some unhealthy fixation on that place.

But, instead of hearing a greeting from behind the desk, Lucille found herself face-to-face with a somewhat odd situation.

Behind the counter was a young woman with blonde hair striped in the colors of the Union Jack. This was quite possibly Sue Popplewell, the woman who had been mentioned to be the one who actually owned this store. She had her arms folded and a troubled look on her face, with a hint of seriousness in it. And the reason must've been... yes, it must've been this other person at the store.

A man with a slightly disheveled look, blonde hair and an eyepatch. He carried himself with a certain sense of confidence that was rare in people nowadays, but something in his posture and expression hinted at trouble. That smirk wasn't the type nice people usually did. It was confident, yes, but at the same... it was a bit too confident.

Like the man had been in total control of the conversation that was going on.

"Um, Mister Pinkerton, while I appreciate the offer I don't really know..." the woman said, biting her lip. "... While it's true the store could be performing better, I'm not sure another loan and an expansion should---"

The man raised his muscular arm, cutting off the woman's words.

"It was just a suggestion, Sue. Don't stress too much about it," he said with a deep voice, chuckling a bit. "Just think about it, okay? We're in no hurry. And who knows? Maybe this whole deal with Pinefall brings you more customers over the year, balancing your books. That would be a nice side-effect for the project."

Having said that the man turned over towards Lucille and a tight smile floated to his face, that one eye of his trained at the girl.

"Speak of the devil, I suppose," he said, even though it was clear the both of them had seen Lucille enter moments ago. "Looks like the weather easing up for a moment put people on the move. But I must say, it's nice to see new faces around the town again. A few pretty flowers to make the scenery more vivid."

That smile that was directed at Lucille... it didn't quite reach all the way, remaining somewhat shallow.

However, Sue Popplewell, who only now realized the blonde student was standing there, practically bloomed into a relieved expression. That face or somewhat troubled respect she had shown to the man changed into a smile, and she gave Lucille a greeting with a wave of her hand.

"O-oh, hello there, love! Here to do some shopping?" The woman asked, clearly glad she had someone other than the man to talk to. "Then you came to the right place. Welcome to End's Store and Post - the best store in town!"

The man chuckled a bit under his breath.

"And also the only one..." he commented, though the woman didn't seem to hear.

New Character Met!
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; June 13th, 2019 at 04:31 PM.

Elise Pelltier

... and I struggle and shriek ere the daybreak, being driven to madness with fright.

Elise groaned as she awoke. The comforting sound of the rain was gone. Instead there was a somber song playing over the PA. While the previous evening had been surprisingly pleasant, the revelations now weighed heavily on her mind.

For all I know Travis was pulled that out of his butt. He has no evidence that the Oceandrop Program ever had another name, and he never said my guess was right anyway. As for the owls? Nothing but a coincidence. Seriously, how is that even sinister? What sort of evil plan has an orchestra of owls?

She shot a glance over to the old back issue of the Road's End Gazette she'd found in the dormitory kitchen, sitting on her nightstand.

...but what if it is all connected? Pinefall, the dormitories, the owls, the fall of House McLampet, Miskatonic, Oceandrop... What if someone has been working a long time for... this.

...but what is this even supposed to be? Miskatonic... A fictional river in Massachusetts, one for which a University was named for. Travis was right, it was just a normal university, well mostly normal university. Not a high school. Still, I feel like a reference like that is less about the fictional institution and more about the reference to the work of the author... I'd rather not consider the possible implications of that.

Elise sighed in frustration.

I need to talk to Alex Terrot. Where did she get the newspaper from? Not that I have any idea where I'd even find her. Travis said she was up well before everyone else and took off, leaving that newspaper behind. I guess it's too late to try and ambush her at breakfast now...

The thought of breakfast entered her mind, and seemed like an excellent distraction from all her other concerns.

Elise Pelltier

Elise managed to get herself out of bed, and get ready for the day. She grabbed her jacket in case the storm arrived earlier than expected and made her way to the dormitory entrance, only to find it congested with a crowd of fellow students.

“What on Earth is going on here?” muttered Elise.

Blog Entries

Vier Wolff

"Yes, yes, coming~"

The bell that Vier rung was answered after few seconds of silence, the voice coming from the back room behind the counter. The hotel itself was as quiet as it had been the other day, with few guests milling about the lobby and some more visible in the dining hall. Smell of breakfast wafted from the kitchens and even though some buttered bread had been consumed, it was enough to make one feel somewhat hungry again. After all, beans, bacon, eggs and hasbrowns were staple when it came to culinary experiences of mornings.

... Still, as Vier waited for the source of the voice, she was soon disappointed. After all, the one who had spoken, and the one who arrived was not the surly old man known as James Halloway.

Instead it was a rather brisk and stern looking young woman with a deep red hair - a person who could only be the niece that there had been some talk about.

Indeed, even her name tag read: "Rachel Halloway."

"Good morning and welcome to Owl's Nest Hotel. Are you here to stay with us?" Rachel Halloway asked, sitting down and pulling up a guestbook from behind the counter. "We're the finest... and only... hotel at Road's End and we've served weary, tired and hungry travelers for over fifty years. Our rooms are spacious, our staff properly trained and---"

It had been a fine advertisement speech, all things considered, even if it was given with somewhat listless and wistful tone. Almost like this young woman's heart wasn't quite into it. Same could be said from her expression, which was somewhere between not-wanting-to-be-here and tired. Perhaps with a dash of melancholy brought by the overcast sky thrown into the mix.

"... Ah, sorry. Anyways, yeah. Will you be staying with us for the night?" the redhead continued. "Our rooms are pretty affordable, I can promise you."

New Person Met!

men are men; the best sometimes forget Katie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Ah. It seemed she’d definitely walked in on an awkward conversation. Considering her motives for coming here, Lucille felt like she’d already been put into a hard position already. Sue Popplewell definitely seemed like a nice person, but the person she was talking to, Mister Pinkerton…

Well, Lucille hated his smile. She preferred it if duplicitous people bought into the lies they told, where the falsehoods they wore were as genuine as anything else about them. The more you told a lie, she thought, the more it felt to be true. Wearing a smile but having it be insincere merely made her irritated. It was admitting you were fake and reveling in it.

But those thoughts were something she could put away for now. She was a customer, and it was merely right that she be on her best behavior.

“Yes, I’ve been meaning to take a look for a while now,” Lucille said, offering a smile to hopefully ease Miss Popplewell’s worries. “I’m Lucille Faraday, Pinefall student. It’s lovely to meet you both.”
    [Feb/Wed/04|07:00:04] <Lianru> it's ok with each stalker call I feel like we get a little closer
    [Feb/Wed/04|07:00:06] <Lianru> never give up

asians before testing week