Page 47 of 244 FirstFirst ... 37424546474849525797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (FRI)
    Weather: Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Come on then, let's go grab somethin, catch up a bit, before I have to go hunt down a deer or something."
    "Righty-o. Better do that. We don't need another Souma Nubatama in our hands."

Kean set aside his instrument and rose up from the sea, stretching for a moment to get power back to his limbs. Then, after hearing a satisfying crack from his back, the boy grabbed his jacket and swung it on, ready to take on the day. He directed one of his patented sarcastic smiles towards Elaine, gesturing slightly towards the door with his hand in an effort to get to walk-and-talk. They had been musing this and that in the music room long enough. Soon enough it'd be time for yet another school day, and if they wanted to be good students they would have to be on time... or risk becoming delinquents on their first week.

But even as they headed out of the room and towards the cafeteria, Kean couldn't help himself.

He had to get one last quip in.

"And what comes to playing a matchmaker, I consider it self-preservation y'know?" He said and chuckled dryly. "If I don't get you happily hitched before you turn 30, I foresee this dreadful future ahead where you're still a spinster and I have to get together with you simply out of pity and obligation."

He wiggled his eyebrows.

"And I don't think my wallet could handle you as my wife."

With a sarcastic laughter of Kean Loinnir echoing in the hallway, the two of them headed towards the cafeteria.

[SCENE END /// Move to NEXT Phase!]

Elaine Winters: Friendship Rank Raised!

Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Think she would stop if everyone decided to not go with her? At the very least if I’m with her, she won’t run into trouble by herself.”
    Aleen gave a magnificent pout in response.

"Hey, what's that s'posed to mean! You make it sound like I'm a magnet for trouble!" The bluehead protested. "I mean, wasn't it you who got kick---"

Before she could reveal anything else of yesterday's unfortunate events, Aleen slapped her hand over her mouth and shot Vier an apologetic look. Apparently her emotions had gotten better of her and she had almost spilled the beans... something the girl clearly regretted now, considering how sorry she managed to look. Luckily neither Subaru or Gabi looked like they realized this. Even the more attentive girl in red simply tilted her head quizzically, before shaking her head and forgetting the whole thing.

"Well, um, I suppose you do have a point there, Miss Wolff," Subaru answered and giggled a bit. "It is a wonderful thing, truly, to have friends who would look out for you in such capacity. You two truly make, as the phrase goes, a 'dynamic duo', do you not?"

Aleen let out a groan, but couldn't really hide the blush on her face. Even then, she eventually simply chuckled a bit and shot a Vier a look that seemed to ask: "I guess she's got us there, huh?". And, well, Subaru wasn't exactly wrong in what she said. After all, Vier and Aleen had been pretty much joined at the hip from the first day onward. Especially to outsiders it might've been obvious how great the two of them had hit off and how quickly they had struck a friendship.

"... I still think you're wrong..." Gabi suddenly spoke up, those red eyes of his trained at Vier. "... that sort of sound wouldn't come from a stuffed animal... it was harsh... and coarse... and heavy..."

The boy shook his head quietly, clearly uncomfortable in sharing his opinion so strongly.

"... I think it was something else... which is why I'm worried..." Boy muttered quietly. "... mother says it might be something bad as well..."

Subaru and Aleen exchanged slightly worried glances before looking at Vier.

This 'Mother' thing again...?

Prushka & Hisa Momoi

Calming down his laughter, Pyry followed Hisa out to the hallway, closing and locking the door behind him. Then he settled into a comfortable pace, walking so that the scarred girl didn't have to hurry her steps even though the boy had much longer feet. Slowly but surely the two of them made their way down the stairs and out of the dormitory, heading towards the main building and cafeteria. On the way Pyry grabbed an umbrella for the two so they wouldn't get completely soaked by the rain that kept falling endlessly from the grey, darkened skies.

And as they walked, he finally took time to answer the question that Hisa had posed in the room, regarding the... pictures... on his wall.

"Well, I mean... they're certainly nice to look at and easy on the eyes," Pyry spoke, a vague smile on his face. "But that's because they're posters. They're supposed to be something you like to look at. Reality doesn't exactly have a part in that. Besides, I bet you five dollars that each and every one of those pics has been touched up on a computer. Hell, I've had the same thing done to my promotional pics! I mean, I have this mole near my navel, and they always remove it on a computer which is sorta creepy when you think about it..."

Pyry chuckled at the thought, but at the same time, he was probably one of the last person with any right to talk about modifying pictures afterwards with computers. Considering what sort of genes and looks nature had blessed him with, any other boy might have punched him right then and there thanks to his attitude regarding all of this.

But at the same time, he seemed genuine in what he spoke - that pictures like the posters on his wall were nowhere near reality.

"So yeah, I like them, but that's about it? I don't think you should compare yourself to pics like that in the first place, Hisa," Pyry continued, nodding at the girl. "If you want my opinion, I think you look plenty good already. No need to reach for Mercedes West levels. We all grow at our own pace, right? So forget about stuff like 'being unfortunate' and 'doing something wrong'! You're pretty as you are, so no need to become another blonde bimbo in a bikini."

The lanky boy knocked his head with his knuckles a few times as if to mime someone completely airheaded and laughed. It was a rather down-to-earth, simple attitude but it felt like it came from the heart. At least the boy had clear distinction between fantasy and reality and understood it. Maybe his rural-upbringing shone through in that attitude, but he didn't shame it one bit.

A case in point, as the two of them finally arrived at the cafeteria, got their breakfasts on their trays and headed to the table that Prushka was already sitting at...

"I mean, look at Squirt over here," Pyry said, greeting Prushka with a smile. "She's a complete pipsqueak but owns it like a champ! More than that, she's got enough balls to make fun of me for my height... so talk about being comfortable with yourself!"

Pyry winked at the smaller girl as he sat down.

"Ain't that right?"

Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “As for the previous conversation… I think the T-800 could win that fight? I think that the T-1000 is as similarly as threatening to RoboCop in terms of firepower… So, it’s definitely doable. That, and the series has two good movies to RoboCop’s one.”
    For a good ten seconds, the two boys looked like they had been sucker-punched out of nowhere, staring bug-eyed at Lucille after this comment of hers. Then, with great effort, they recovered from whatever stupor they had been taken over. Inacio, steepling his fingers and glaring over them at Caleb, took a stance that could only be described as 'Someone getting ready to order someone else to enter a giant robot'... for some ridiculous reason. A passing thought it was, and while the description might have been apt, it made no sense whatsoever.

"... Looks like I can't respect your wishes anymore, Caleb," Inacio announced, trying to sound rather dramatic. "This is a prize worth breaking our friendship over."

Caleb, on the other hand, adopted a similar stance, returning the glare with his own.

"Then so be it," he answered with his curt, posh accent. "We'll meet on the field of battle."

This weird tension lasted and silence that followed lasted all ten seconds...

... Before the two boys broke it by their respective laughs, unable to control themselves anymore.

"You know, I have to apologize for my expectations. Never would have expected someone with such a prim-and-proper aura to have seen either Terminator or Robocop," Inacio finally said, still chuckling to himself. "I mean, Caleb had told me you were an interesting person, but now I really get what he meant."

On the other side of the table, Caleb shrugged in a way that seemed to indicate that he hadn't had any idea that Lucille was privy to this sort of pop-culture knowledge either. Still, rather than shocked, it was like the artist was impressed. No, not just that, he was clearly looking at the blonde girl with even more newfound respect. Such were the weird ways of boys and their hierarchy.

"... Didn't know this either. But I stand corrected," Caleb admitted. "But it's like I told you. She's an interesting person."

Then, turning towards Lucille, Caleb flashed him a quick smile that was easy to miss.

"How has your morning been?" The pink-haired boy asked. "... Other than being objectively wrong about this argument?"

Oh, them were some fighting words.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; March 24th, 2019 at 01:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Wait, what was so funny? What were they laughing about?

Well, it didn’t seem to matter, since the mood was rather jovial overall.

“Well, one of my servants complained a lot that I didn’t have any hobbies, so she took me to see every science fiction movie since… They’re not particularly my kind of movie, but I think I’m a bit too far down the road to start backing out,” Lucille explained, trying to rectify the difference between her appearance and her knowledge.

Simply put, she had been coerced into doing it, and now she watched movies out of habit, as good time killers. Probably not the most productive usage of her time, but those at home felt more at ease whenever she took breaks.

"How has your morning been?" The pink-haired boy asked. "...Other than being objectively wrong about this argument?"
    “I’m perfectly fine about being wrong about this… clash or whatever you want to call it, but I insist my evaluation of the movies themselves is definitely correct. The two sequels are so tacky.” Faced against opposition, it is the natural inclination of mankind to double down on opinions they do not even hold dear. Lucille, who wasn’t particularly emotionally partial to the conversation, suddenly felt the urge to defend the part she was certain was objective truth. “Besides, if all fights were determined by superior firepower, you’d think this country wouldn’t have such a hard time in Vietnam. A certain level of pragmatism is necessary!”

…And the part that wasn't objective, for that matter.

Elaine Winters

Elaine reached over and grabbed her coat, shrugging it back on mid-stride with an easy motion of her arms.

"My, my, already thinking about looking after a poor, lonely lady like this hypothetical me? What a gentleman, gallantly taking her into your home."

She crossed her arms, a smug expression crossing her face.

"Like I wouldn't be the one bring in the money, you're a born house-husband, Kean, we both know this."

Talking like this with an old friend, it eased her mind a bit, falling back on familiar banter, teasing and poking fun.

"Speakin' of wallets though, don't you still owe me a meal after that mess up in Wisconsin? Course, I probably do too."

It was a right fustercluck, to be honest.

"Had some pretty good grub up there, y'know, just wasn't exactly the best time to go and..."

She needed to start thinking about something else.

"Anyway, ran into Miss Beverly Hills yesterday, got a feel for her, thinkin' there's probably something else there under the weight of all the hoity-toit, but, wasn't 'zactly in the best condition to go sussing out people's crap, did manage to pull Ubon out of that slump though, as you saw."

She shifted her jaw around a bit, chewing on her thoughts, "Need to go have a chat with Sampoman, he 'apparently' had somethin to do with it, but I'm leaving my judgements til I get it from the horse's mouth, as much as I would love to go charging in with my mighty boot."

She shrugged, "Need to go poking around in town at some point, something fucky's going on in the Girl's Dorms, and I'm plotting a heist to try and figure out who's being a fake in a high school full of whack-jobs."

A brief pause.

"Haven't had a list this full since the last time I went grocery shopping."

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Smiling, I nod along with Mercedes words, listening carefully to them before pursing my lips and tapping them with a finger as she finishes her sentence, holding a finger in the air with a wink as I carelessly wave it through the air, tracing a letter only I can see.

"Ah, I'm sorry but you've got it wrong once more. The pitiable person here really is me, for wanting so desperately to be something I am not; enough so to beg others to play along with me. In the end, Cesarina Feroce is not at fault for playing along with my game, for she's far too innocent to know that something is wrong, especially when faced with someone oh-so-willing to pretend. It's really a difference of opinion, in the end - between a person who doesn't need to struggle at all in their role in life and a person who does not wake up without struggling against their own. The ideal that each of us is striving to reach is the same though, is it not?"

I tilt my head to the side, looking at the girl as the smile slowly falls from my face, the light slightly dimming from my eyes as I look away.

"No... Perhaps not. After all, I simply want to be ordinary, but am cursed with being born extraordinary. I pretend hard enough so that for a brief, solitary moment, I am allowed to close my eyes and let that quiet whisper known as peace run through me," I say, looking back at the girl with a single eye closed and my lips a neutral line. "I came here to change who I was, so that it was either no longer a pretense or I had long since left the pretense behind."

The smile returns, and I close my eyes as my head tilts to the side, my feet lazily crossing over each other when I lean forwards, my arms behind my back as my skirt swishes above my knees, the pattern dancing in front of the girl I can no longer see.

"Wadi el-Hol, yes? Then why ignore the Coptic Orthodox Alexandrian interpretation of it in Coptic? Or perhaps Aramaic, its descendant, is more useful to you, considering that there is scarce to no knowledge on the pronunciation of it."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Hey, what's that s'posed to mean! You make it sound like I'm a magnet for trouble! I mean, wasn't it you who got kick---"
    Aleen cut herself off before it was too late. If it wasn’t for that fact that she almost gave away what happened yesterday, I would’ve been entirely proud of her. She was already starting to control what she was saying to a degree. Originally, she would have blurted out the entire thing… Thankfully, Iburi and Gabi didn’t realize what Aleen meant. I gave Aleen a nonchalant shrug to her apologetic look. I didn’t particularly mind if it got out that I got kicked. Well, it would make things more complicated…

Quote Originally Posted by Iburi
    "Well, um, I suppose you do have a point there, Miss Wolff. It is a wonderful thing, truly, to have friends who would look out for you in such capacity. You two truly make, as the phrase goes, a 'dynamic duo', do you not?"
    Dynamic… Duo? I guess we are… Without thinking about, I have been spending the majority of my time with Aleen. It’s kind of funny in hindsight considering how it first started out. I couldn’t help but laugh a little thinking back. She was being really rude to me for no reason. A dynamic duo huh... This also reminds me of 40…

Quote Originally Posted by Gabi
    "... I still think you're wrong... that sort of sound wouldn't come from a stuffed animal... it was harsh... and coarse... and heavy..."
    Oh no… Gabi is thinking more about my explanation. I was hoping everyone would gloss over the dragging sound.

"... I think it was something else... which is why I'm worried... mother says it might be something bad as well..."
    Mother? Why does Gabi keep mentioning his mother? Better yet, how would his mother disagree with my explanation… He didn’t go anywhere and I don’t see a radio near him. So that limited

“Gabi? What about your mother? And what does she think it could be?”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Prushka & Hisa Momoi

As we eventually left the dorms, I was surprised to see an umbrella suddenly appear above me head, held by Pyry, presumably to prevent us from getting soaked - something that I didn't really mind in the first place, but still, he was surprisingly thoughtful.

[BGM]

And as we walked, I realized just how...strangely nice this whole scene was. Listening to the sounds of the rain, feeling the cold, fresh breeze upon my skin while staying so close to a boy to make sure that both of fit properly under the umbrella...

It was worth coming here after all, even if just for this. Much as I thought that I couldn't find redemption, the life that I wished for suddenly didn't seem to be that far out of reach...

But just how long will it last?

How long can things stay peaceful when so much is happening around us already?

When nothing is what it seems to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyry
    "Well, I mean... they're certainly nice to look at and easy on the eyes. But that's because they're posters. They're supposed to be something you like to look at. Reality doesn't exactly have a part in that. Besides, I bet you five dollars that each and every one of those pics has been touched up on a computer. Hell, I've had the same thing done to my promotional pics! I mean, I have this mole near my navel, and they always remove it on a computer which is sorta creepy when you think about it..."
    Computers, huh. That sounds like...a pretty advanced thing to do, like art, just that it's...altering reality, something that already exists, rather than creating something out of a fantasy to begin with. But then that...sounds a bit more like a cheat, a mean to deceive people, a way to conveniently bend the truth to make things look better...

But for what reason? It doesn't actually change reality, so wouldn't it just cause issues once the truth is out?

"A mole? If it was like a scar...Or something very easy to notice, I could...probably see the point..."

Recalling the boy's half naked body from the morning, my lips curled into a wide smile; just the thought of him being worried about a tiny mole with a body like that amused me.

"But really, just for a mole? With your body? That sure is creepy."

Hiding our perfect imperfections just to aim for a faux perfection because of our insecurities...I guess we are just humans, after all.

"So yeah, I like them, but that's about it? I don't think you should compare yourself to pics like that in the first place, Hisa. If you want my opinion, I think you look plenty good already. No need to reach for Mercedes West levels. We all grow at our own pace, right? So forget about stuff like 'being unfortunate' and 'doing something wrong'! You're pretty as you are, so need to become another blonde bimbo in a bikini."
    "W-what are you even saying---" I chuckled while bumping into the side of the boy playfully, "But thanks, if you say that I guess I can have some faith in myself."

It really seemed like this was going to be a pleasant day, and at this point I felt like I could tackle any obstacle, no matter what life put in front of me.

Entering the cafeteria, the place seemed to be as lively as ever, but we quickly managed to find Prushka and the table she reserved for us.

"I mean, look at Squirt over here. She's a complete pipsqueak but owns it like a champ! More than that, she's got enough balls to make fun of me for my height... so talk about being comfortable with yourself!"
    Looking at the tiny girl as I sat down, I tried my best to keep a straight face, though without much success;

"Certainly, you have to be quite brave for that when you are pretty much on the other end of the spectrum---"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

I've been preparing.

When Pyry and Hisa approach the table, they find it already set out for them. I prepared it all, while still taking the time to wave good morning to Subaru and Aleen and Vier (and that blonde girl with them, whose name I can't recall). For Pyry, there's a plate piled high just like it was when we ate lunch together before. For Hisa... I went for the safe route and grabbed a bit of everything. I still have a huge pile of eggs with bits of meat sticking out here or there, which I shovel one spoonful at a time onto a stack of toast on another plate in between sips of orange juice.

No need for coffee today; I got enough sleep last night.

"I mean, look at Squirt over here. She's a complete pipsqueak but owns it like a champ! More than that, she's got enough balls to make fun of me for my height... so talk about being comfortable with yourself!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    "Certainly, you have to be quite brave for that when you are pretty much on the other end of the spectrum---"
    You're trying to make fun of me again, aren't you? But this one won't get anywhere!

"Pyry! You're always going to be a big lug that has to duck under doorways and get neck cramps in school buses. But!"

I brandish a fork like a rapier.

"There's still a chance that I'll get taller in the future!"

With that, I fish out a slice of bacon from the mountain and chew on it while thinking of the future, and what might be.

"...'m not that comfortable with it, though. Being like this... kinda sucks sometimes."
    Last edited by Bloble; March 24th, 2019 at 02:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

“I’m perfectly fine about being wrong about this… clash or whatever you want to call it, but I insist my evaluation of the movies themselves is definitely correct. The two sequels are so tacky. Besides, if all fights were determined by superior firepower, you’d think this country wouldn’t have such a hard time in Vietnam. A certain level of pragmatism is necessary!”
    Caleb cocked an eyebrow at Lucille.

"It's how you apply that firepower. Robocop is part human, he knows war. Unlike a mere machine," he answered, holding strong in his view. "Humans can adapt to any situation. Unlike machines. They only know what's programmed in them."

Inacio, on the other hand, clicked his tongue in dissatisfaction and shrugged, almost like saying "Can you believe this guy?" to Lucille. Having found a surprising ally in this debate seemed to have invigorated the musician's fighting spirit, now that there were two against one. Thus, after taking another bite out of his breakfast-sandwich, the boy leaned in once more, ready to argue back.

"Well, how do you explain T2, then? He certainly could learn adapt then, and that's not even taking to account all the stuff with T-1000," the musician asked. "So I'd say they're on the same level when it comes to that."

Caleb rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his orange juice.

"One is a machine that tries to be human," he spoke. "Other is a man that was made into a machine. They're totally different. The human element is the key to victory. Always is."

Well, this certainly seemed like an argument that would not be ending any time soon. Thus, maybe to lighten the mood a little bit, Inacio turned to look at Lucille next, having decided to try to veer the argument into another topic.

"If you're wondering about all this, by the way, it's because we found a bunch of VHS tapes that had been left in the common room. So we decided to maybe hold a movie night or something this evening," the green-haired boy explained. "Not most exciting, I know, but with this rain it feels best to stay inside."

Caleb nodded.

"Do you have any plans for the weekend?" the artist asked Lucille.

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Mercedes West pinched the bridge of her nose, her expression having morphed from one who expected a migraine to come to a one that had just been hit by the first wave of pain coming from said migraine. It was clear that she did not enjoy this talk or rather, the mere presence of Alexstrasza Lockhart brought with it a certain sense of annoyance. But the starlet had been here, at the reference library, first and she wasn't going to move.

"Gawd that sounds pretentious. Like, seriously. Pitiable? You? Because you think you're, like, extraordinary?" Mercedes West answered and sneered at the blonde. "Deluded is what you are or whatevah. No matter how you pretend, you can't be something you're not. Sure, you can put on an act to fool morons like Cesarina Feroce who can't, like, see through something so obvious... but that's all it'll ever be. An act. And it'll never be the real you. But if that's what you wanna do, sure, go ahead. I'll, like, bring popcorn and watch you crash and burn from the box seats."

It was clear that there was no mutual understanding to be found here. The mere idea that somebody could change who they were, that they could become someone else, was rejected by Mercedes West outright. The actress seemed to scoff at the idea that Alexstrasza saw herself as special, that she could pretend to not be herself or that she could find peace that way.

There was a certain sense of mocking pity in that harsh glare that the starlet looked at Alexstrasza with.

"Still, I thought I had seen, like, all kinds of arrogance back at Hollywood, but Jesus do you take the cake," Mercedes continued. "So let me give you some advice here: Extraordinary people don't say they're extraordinary. Extraordinary people don't, like, lament what they are. Extraordinary people don't go on super lame rants about how difficult their life is. That's what lame posers do, what try-hards do. So continue that 'Boo-hoo life is hard' spiel all you want to those who are too dumb to believe me. Me? I already know how to, like, categorize you."

And to further elucidate what she meant, Mercedes put her index finger and her thumb to a shape of an L on her forehead, directed straight at Alexstrasza.

"... Mostly because, se-ri-ously, I'm not gonna find any use in actual interpretations. This thing's, like, a forgery. I mean, duh!" Mercedes said, lifting the book from the table and showing it. "Nobody wrote leather-bound, paper-page journals back then. They're just using the script as, like, their cipher. Probably some mangled Phoenician or whatevah, adapted to look like the real thing."

Vier Wolff
    [BGM]

“Gabi? What about your mother? And what does she think it could be?”
    Gabi avoided Vier's eyes, instead staring at his feet that were dangling over the chair's edge while keeping his hands at his lap. The boy certainly didn't like to be the center of the attention, and right now everyone from Vier to Aleen to Subaru was staring at him. Even Tonkori, the surprisingly intelligent Akita inu puppy, was looking somewhat wary.

"... mother says it sounded too big... too heavy... and the scratching... it was uneven..." Gabi whispered, his voice low and quiet. "... like someone's nails... against the walls..."

The implications of what Gabi had just said started sinking in, and even Aleen's good cheer seemed to have deflated a bit. The bluehead shivered slightly and exchanged a worried glance with Vier. This was... not normal. Not what Gabi had just said to them or how he had phrased it. This whole 'mother' business sounded like this mother was present and was speaking to him even right now. But there was nobody else with the boy. Not even an errant shadow. Just him and the window behind him where the grey rain fell from the gunship-colored clouds up above.

There were many reasons, as many as there were students, why people had been accepted to Pinefall. For some, like Travis Gagnon or Xylia Pheme, the reasons were obvious. But for others those cracks in psyche, those things that made them unable to fit into society, were hidden much deeper, under layers of normality. When you looked at the boy known as Gabi, he didn't seem all that different, if not accounting to his ever-present shyness and his habit of wearing female clothing.

... But now that he had started talking a bit more, the strangeness was finally revealed.

"U-umm, Mr. Bahkauv?" Subaru asked, sounding a bit scared already. "Is your mother speaking to you right now? Where is she?"

Gabi tilted his head at this question, almost like he didn't understand it quite completely. Then, without even the slightest hint of hesitation, he showed a slight, eerie smile and looked at everyone with an expression that was somehow unnerving... especially his eyes. Those glazed-over, glassy eyes that didn't seem to see the same reality as they all saw.

"... she's right here..." Gabi answered like it had been obvious. "... sitting with us..."

Aleen nearly dropped her glass of milk.

Prushka & Hisa Momoi
    - Cafeteria

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "...'m not that comfortable with it, though. Being like this... kinda sucks sometimes."
    Pyry blinked once in a surprise, before realization seemed to hit the boy and his expression changed into a slightly apologetic one. The boy scratched the back of his head as he sat down, keeping his eyes on the shorter girl.

"... Yeah. Sorry, Squirt. Spoke without thinking... again," he apologized. "What I meant was that, well, you know how to live with it and don't feel the need to get mopey, yeah? Same with Hisa and her..."

Pyry's eyes darted, for a half a second, to Hisa's scars and he suddenly looked like he put a foot up to his knee into his mouth. Clearly the boy, as he had implied, didn't think through what he was going to say and that was why he, more often than not, made things awkward for himself. Still, he decided to soldier on, clearly hoping that he hadn't stepped on more toes.

"Erm, scars. The point is, we all got our own quirks and strangeness when it comes to our bodies, which is fine. Makes us different," Pyry continued. "No need to compare ourselves to bikini models that some unnamed people have posters of on the walls of their rooms. That's just a waste of time."

Again, this came from a boy who had a physique most men would have killed for. He really didn't seem to have any self-awareness regarding this, or sense of shame.

"Anyways, gotta hand it to you, Squirt," Pyry then hopped onto a different topic and nodded towards his plate with a grin. "You catch on quickly. I mean, we ate, what, once together before and you already got my likes figured out when it comes to food? That's hell of a good eye and memory... though I s'pose I'm simple when it comes to food. The more the better!"

Laughing at his own words, Pyry began building a gigantic sandwich out of the ingredients on his plate, apparently ready to dislocate his jaw in order to chow down on the monstrosity that was slowly but surely phasing into reality, made out of bacon, butter, cheese, lettuce, bacon, eggs, tomatos, cucumber, bacon and more bacon.

"Oh."

Suddenly, like remembering something, Pyry looked at Prushka again.

"Mm, dunno if it's any help, but, uh..." He started. "... I got some vitamin supplements I ate as a youngster that might help with the whole 'getting taller' thing. Key-word being 'might'."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; March 25th, 2019 at 12:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

I look at Mercedes with interested eyes. It's been a very, very long time since someone could intellectually challenge me, even if she does so in an absolutely abrasive way. Even if our entire worldviews are at odds, there's very little chance that anyone at this school besides the two of us could discuss something like this and not instantly break into a fight.

"Hm, no it's not so much that I believe I am extraordinary, so much as the world around me confirms such a thing. Even you, mocked me for pretending so desperately to be mundane. An act, after all, if it's believable enough, is better then the real thing is it not?"

Mutual understanding, while definitely not possible, is certainly something to strive for. It's the burden of the elite, in the end, to find common ground with those most like them. So as I stand in this reference library, I can't help but smile, something honest and true that I haven't shown many, if any people at this school or in my life, while looking at Mercedes West.

"Again, I have no interest in speaking to you about how 'difficult' my life is, for I do not consider it all that difficult, you know? It's simply my life, and I live it the way I choose to," I say to her, giving a cursory glance at the book before the two of us as I speak. "While it may be a complete waste of time to try to be different then what I am, there's no harm in trying, is there? Every teacher I've ever had has said that I must change, and so I must. They've yet to steer me wrong, after all."

She makes her fingers in the shape of an L and points them at me. I arch an eyebrow and don't reply.

"Why on earth would you cipher a journal in mangled Phoenician in the first place though?" I ask the girl, finally sitting down at the table as I peer at the journal, a frown covering my face. "It's a language as dead as their gods, isn't it? Ciphering in Phoenician is asking for trouble, considering how many people are currently investigating the Phoenicians birthplace at the time."

Looking at the book again, I frown, tapping a finger to my mouth. "...If they're as incompetent as you say, it's always a possibility that the Proto-Canaanite is a trick, and it is actually ciphered in something more reasonable. After all, it is not entirely unreasonable to believe that someone who went through such a process to hide a cipher inside of the previous one, and still allowed for the author to read a non-mangled transcription of what they've written."

I look at the girl, my mouth set in a hard line.

"No one ciphers their notes unless they're hiding something, after all."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

"... mother says it sounded too big... too heavy... and the scratching... it was uneven... like someone's nails... against the walls..."
    The sound of nails running against walls... If that's the case, then their nails would be trimmed down or covered right now if they're someone in the school. ...Wait his mother heard the sound as well. That would mean… She was nearby at the timeframe when Gabi came across the sound or a part of the school in some capacity. However, if that’s the case why would she be able to disagree with my statement now… Unless… That line of thought caused multiple trains of thought ranging from mundane to supernatural.

I looked at Aleen’s worried glance while Gabi was looking down. I made a quick concise shake of my head to convey the message. “Don’t say anything.” Poking the hornet’s nest without information is unwise. While Aleen and I understood each well enough to have that quiet exchange. Unfortunately, that familiarity and message didn’t extend to our last participant...

Quote Originally Posted by Iburi
    "U-umm, Mr. Bahkauv? Is your mother speaking to you right now? Where is she?"
    "... she's right here... sitting with us..."
    The casual confused tilt of his head. The unhesitating smile on Gabi’s face. Then the clincher, the glazed-over, glassy eyes I was staring into. With all of those signs, I could confirm one thing. This was the reason why he was admitted into Pinefall. And despite myself, I was going to do a few… tests.

“Oh, then good morning Mrs. Bahkauv. I’m sorry about not noticing you. ...I must be sleepy more than usual. What do you think of this morning’s breakfast? I’m personally not really a fan.”

If there’s one thing about this school’s arbitrary Drop Distance, a high drop distance member will receive fewer questions when they do something questionable. After all, we’re all “different” from other normal people. And I’m one of the furthest from normal supposedly. If that’s the case, I might as well take advantage of it.
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; March 25th, 2019 at 01:09 PM. Reason: reeee double spaces

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Mercedes rolled her eyes derisively.

"Well, duh. Of course they were, like, hiding something. That's the point of ciphers," she answered, glaring daggers at the book. "The thing is to find out how they bastardized Phoenician or whatevah. Make connection between, like, every inscription and what it represents. Then translate that from Phoenician and see what's really being said. So, like, if it was something else, there's no point in trying to solve it. I mean, gawd, the author could've used anything and at that point it becomes a guessing game. In other words, useless."

Mercedes' mouth was a thin line as she slammed the book against the surface of the table, clearly growing tired of it. While she returned every intellectual shot that came from Alexstrasza's end of the court, at the same time she didn't seem to share her love of the subject. If anything, Mercedes looked like she considered this whole thing a chore, something that she didn't care about but was forced to do anyway... in some way.

Surprisingly high intellect but no intent on actually using it.

It was... an odd combination.

"Probably as useless as, like, those teachers of yours. Telling you to change? Saying there's no harm in it? Either they're so naive they'd get laughter out of middle school or, like, they're actually malicious and enjoy you burning everything around you," Mercedes continued, her glare now aimed at Alexstrasza once more. "For example... innocent or moron, what do you think that Cesarina Feroce is gonna, like, do when she finds out you've been bullshitting her from the start? 'Cause she will find out. No secret is forever. How d'ya think she's gonna react or whatevah? Be glad?"

A sadistic smirk spread on the starlet's face, as if she found joy in imagining the blow out that she had just painted with her words, of Cesarina Feroce finding about the lies that had been spread by the one she had started calling her best friend.

"... Nah. She's gonna, like, hate your guts. 'Cause you're not the one she was friends with, and never was. Ba-sically, you already betrayed her in the worst way possible," Mercedes continued mercilessly. "And all, like, because you can't stand who you are and want to play make-belief with the hearts of others. 'Cause you didn't trust her."

Her tone was ice cold.

"That's what always happens."

Vier Wolff

“Oh, then good morning Mrs. Bahkauv. I’m sorry about not noticing you. ...I must be sleepy more than usual. What do you think of this morning’s breakfast? I’m personally not really a fan.”
    Gabi tilted his head quizzically once more, staring right into Vier's eyes. The boy's mouth was open but no sound came from him. Indeed, the whole table was quiet except for Vier's question. Subaru was leaning slightly back, holding tightly onto Tonkori. The dog had his eyes glued to Gabi and the fur on his neck was standing up, a sign that the animal was on its guard. Aleen, on the other hand, glanced at her friend like she couldn't believe Vier had started prodding further into this... whatever it was.

Maybe she was still worried thanks to what had happened yesterday. Maybe she was afraid that something like it could happen again.

"... she doesn't mind the meat... it's always good for there to be more flesh... even if it's charred..." Gabi spoke quietly. "... not as good as the meat... that the Night Boy provided... that was good... mother wanted to taste it, too... if just a little..."

The tension in the air was real and the sounds on the other parts of the cafeteria felt far, far away. There was only the oppressing silence, the pounding of the rain against glass outside and that stare... that stare of Gabi's and his whispered words that carried a weight that couldn't be explained just by how uncomfortable this situation had suddenly become.

"... mother greets you too... you Peeping Tom... she says it's not nice... but doesn't mind it too much... curiouser and curiouser can be good..." Gabi continued, his eyes empty and hollow. "... the Child of Gods... she doesn't like... mother thinks you're unruly... and stuck to your ways... she feels sorry for the blonde, small one... deceiving others is not nice..."

Subaru jerked back as if something ice cold had been poured down her back. Tonkori, on the other hand, had started a low growl and his snarling teeth were aimed straight at Gabi... but the boy didn't care. Instead, he turned his gaze towards Aleen, who immediately went pale and started shivering.

"... and you... she finds interesting... same scent as this place... all too familiar with it all... yet looking like you're afraid... of something being known..." Gabi said. "... what are you hiding... what are you hiding... what are you hiding---"

Aleen was shivering, no, trembling. She was hugging her body with her arms and almost feverish cold sweat was pouring down her forehead. The bluehead kept repeating something under her breath over and over again, looking like a deer caught in crosshairs and unable to get out. With every repeat of the same sentence, a looping mantra that Gabi was asking, Aleen was brought closer and closer to some sort of breaking point that was fast approaching.

--- Like she was ready to snap under the pressure.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

"One is a machine that tries to be human," he spoke. "Other is a man that was made into a machine. They're totally different. The human element is the key to victory. Always is."
    It was then Lucille took a vested interest in her nails, as if she found the statement somewhat awkward.

“I think a machine that can learn despite having preordained directives is human-like in its own way…” she said quietly, though she wasn’t expecting to get anywhere with this statement. Rather, it was just to express her own opinion about the matter.

"Do you have any plans for the weekend?"
    “I was thinking of going shopping with Sakura sometime over the weekend if the rain clears up, but that can’t possibly take all day,” Lucille said. “But I don’t think I’m particularly busy with anything, especially tonight. Maybe study, I suppose, but even I can tell that’s awfully dry…”

Truthfully, she had plans to maybe go to town after school, but this rain seemed as if it wouldn’t end anytime soon. The Northwest was supposed to be quite rainy, wasn’t it? Much worse than back home.

“Is there something you had in mind?”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Gabi or… should I say Mother started staring at me after I asked my question. A mechanical and awkward head tilt to accent the bizarreness of Gabi and his Mother. Iburi and Tonkori were alert and guarded. Aleen just astonished… and frightened that I just poked the hornet’s nest that was this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabi/Mother(?)
    "... she doesn't mind the meat... it's always good for there to be more flesh... even if it's charred… not as good as the meat... that the Night Boy provided... that was good... mother wanted to taste it, too... if just a little..."
    “Night Boy? Ah, you must be talking about Nubata, Souma. Yeah, I had single hot dog from him before the live that night. It was pretty tasty. You should stop by and ask him to make you some.”

"... mother greets you too... you Peeping Tom... she says it's not nice... but doesn't mind it too much... curiouser and curiouser can be good... the Child of Gods... she doesn't like... mother thinks you're unruly... and stuck to your ways... she feels sorry for the blonde, small one... deceiving others is not nice...
    “Peeping Tom… I guess I do deserve that nickname. It’s just an old habit that I can’t really break.”

I gave a nonchalant shrug to that while surveying the rest of the table. Whatever, Mother was saying about Iburi… It hit directly on the mark. I’ll take note of that and keep it in mind. Then Gabi looked at Aleen.

"... and you... she finds interesting... same scent as this place... all too familiar with it all... yet looking like you're afraid... of something being known... what are you hiding... what are you hiding... what are you hiding---"
    The second, I saw Aleen start shivering and hugging herself for real, I got up and placed an arm between the two of them.

“Hey Gabi and Mrs. Bahkauv, I know it’s a bit unironic coming from me, but if Aleen wanted to tell you she would have. So could you please stop? Class is coming up and I think we’re running out of time to eat. Unless you plan on going hungry during class...”

If Gabi doesn't stop, then I can always just drag Aleen away. It's not ideal, but at least it'll give Aleen some space until she can calm herself down.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka
    - Cafeteria

Seeing Pyry try to extract hiss foot from his mouth is so entertaining that I forget to chew. When it's over, and I swallow, what follows is a coughing fit as I vie against breakfast for my very survival.

Moments later, having finally forced down that lethal bacon strip, I set things straight.

"I-it's not that bad! There are loads of pluses to being like this! Like being able to hide from anyone in a crowd! Or falling really far and not getting hurt! Or wearing a jacket four sizes two big in the freezing tundra and tucking your arms and legs into it to pretend it's a tent!"

Geeze, did I overdo it or something? Pyry was staring at me like I'd admitted I was an alien! It's actually kinda weird... but seeing him all bashful was almost worth it. And that corny speech about being happy with your own body is so canned it hurts. But the effort is nice, too. Seeing someone sincerely worried about another person's feelings, even if it makes them uncomfortable... it's one of the few times people aren't awful.

"But, um, thanks."

His words almost help. But there are some quirks that get in the way more than others, especially mine. That's something... that's something that shouldn't be an issue. To those that matter.

"Anyways, gotta hand it to you, Squirt, you catch on quickly. I mean, we ate, what, once together before and you already got my likes figured out when it comes to food? That's hell of a good eye and memory... though I s'pose I'm simple when it comes to food. The more the better!"
    I puff up my chest and fold my arms. "Of course I wouldn't forget something as simple as that!"

Even though I still can't pin a name to most of my fellow classmates...

"I wasn't sure what you wanted, Hisa, so I just got you a mix of everything. Pyry's right, more is better. If you want to grow, you have to eat as much as possible while you're still young!"

It's vital! Absolutely critical!

"...and, um... if you wouldn't mind, Pyry, I'd, um... like to try those vitamins you were talking about... they obviously worked for you, right?"

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Watching as the girl before me tosses the book to the table, I blink, startled by the vitriol she holds for something as easy as research. She's a rather strange girl, isn't she? To so clearly want to uncover the answers, but not enough to truly immerse herself in the subject like I have.

It's rather sad, isn't it? To see someone who cares so deeply, but only for what is obviously there. Someone who is truly an intellectual equal to me, but doesn't want anything more then the answers she's searching for. Tired of trying, perhaps, or someone who is simply exhausted from the constant, non stop effort of trying to appear something more.

I listen to her once more, leaning my head against my hand as I trace empty shapes into the table as the girl speaks, hearing her disparage me once more, a soft, honest dash of a smile on my face before it goes away once more, as Mercedes tells me arguments that I have already had with myself hundreds, if not thousands of times.

"Is there any harm in trying, though? After all, it's not really a lie if even I want to believe it, right? While I think Cesarina might not be extremely pleased that I have been lying this entire time, I... I think that of all places, the people at this school, would understand better then anyone that sort of lie."

A school for people who have fallen hopelessly far away from the baseline of reality. That's what Pinefall really is; the Oceandrop program is designed to measure out how far we've fallen, and try to convince us to climb back up to what life actually is.

"After all, unlike Soma, I don't go around advertising my Drop Distance, you know? I've kept it fairly private, even if I am obviously abnormal compared to most of the people here. Same as you, really," I say with a wink at the girl, tracing a character I had briefly seen on her book on the table, my finger dancing lazily across it as I speak. "Even if people would like to guess what it is, it's not like I've told them. Realistically, if my friends discover that I am not the person that was introduced to them, and I explain that I have been trying to change."

My eyes light up for a moment, and I hide my face in my arms, a warm, far too real smile on my face as I remember Cesarina's reaction at the party. That worry in her eyes was something I'd only ever seen before on a single teacher of mine, all the others having washed their hands of someone as frustrating and difficult as me.

"In fact, I think she might already know."

I don't have many friends.

I have many things anyone in the world would envy. I'm blessed with an intelligence anyone would be jealous of. The natural conclusion is that my happiness and sorrow are about the same.

So, as blessed as I am, it is simply logical that I should be content with what I have.

But...

I don't want to be content with something like that. I don't want to be content with this... emptiness I feel inside, this complete and total understanding that anyone who sees me knows that I am deeply, deeply unhappy, and it's only a facade that allows me to keep moving forward.

I don't think anyone can live like that.

"Phoenician is rather difficult to cipher," I murmur into the crook of my arm, eyes meeting with Mercedes' once more as I trace an infinity into the grooves of the wood. "So it's most likely a half-cipher of Phoenician and Aramaic, or another of Phoenician's descendant languages. There's no point in ciphering a book so deeply that nobody can understand it."

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    Date: 09.09.1994

Anna’s eyes drifted towards the stack of school supplies that Sue had helpfully pointed out. Even to a country bumpkin like her, they seemed… dated. All the colors seemed to be as neon as humanly possible and all the labeling seemed to bring to mind words such as “rad”, “gnarly”, and “tubular”. Not that she could really blame her for trying to get something on the cheap. As things were, it was probably tough enough to get supplies to a small town such as this and catering to a student population of twenty or so people wasn’t probably that profitable.

“Aah, thanks. I could use some additional school supplies, so I’ll have a look around.”

Anna gave the woman a small grin as she walked towards the shelf of school supplies.

“Was running out of luggage space so I had to ditch some of my notebooks to make it in the baggage weight limit.”

"But, weather aside, how are you finding our little slice of rural heaven, Anna?"

Most of your classmates that have been visiting have all been such nice kids... well, excluding few grumps. That boy with earrings and blue hair seriously needs to wash his mouth with soap!"
    Anna was in the middle of flicking through a neon pink spiral notebook as Sue’s words reached her. Her eyes stayed on the shelf, scanning through both the objects and the prices there with a surprisingly frugal eye. A habit of her past (though granted, she wasn’t particularly wealthy even now), but one that was at least somewhat useful.

"I think I know who you are talking about. Travis... Gangnam? Or was it Ganon? Can't remember." The red-eyed girl gave an indifferent shrug. "I'm not really much of a social butterfly and I tend to avoid people who seem like that much of a headache to deal with, so we haven't really spoken much."

“As for the this slice of "rural heaven", as you put it.... I have to admit, it wasn’t really what I was expecting when I was told that I would be attending a millionaire-founded private school in the U.S.”

She picked up one of the pens on the shelf, clicked it a couple of times in an effort to gauge its durability.

“But it's nice. The scenery is nice and most of the townsfolk seem quite friendly. And the air here reminds me of home, really.” Her eyes flickered over to Sue for a second, giving the woman a small wry smile. ”Enough to make me annoyingly homesick most of the time.”

The raven-haired girl’s attention returned to the shelf in front of her.

“A lot of weird rumors floating around this place, though. People playing harmonica in the lighthouse in the middle of the night, missing heiresses, weird statues with bizarre poems in the middle of the forest…. Heck, anything to do with the forest in general, really.”

“Wouldn’t be surprised if some folks from school decided to form a mystery club or something else along those lines with all this material floating about.” Anna let out a small amused chuckle as she grabbed the next object, a multi-colored eraser. “These types of urban legends are quite popular amongst teenagers, you know.”

“More hopeful Kalle Blomkvists around then you can shake a stick at.”
    Last edited by Mellon; March 26th, 2019 at 02:13 PM.

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Travis
    "I know. You're the annoyingly chipper girl that hangs out with that loud spaz... Sakura, was it? And don't bother thanking me. It wasn't me that brewed that coffee. It was that countryman of yours, Terrot or whatever. Was cooking up a storm here the first thing in the morning and left the same time as sun got up."
    Annoyingly chipper girl, eh? I'll take it!

“I see that my reputation precedes me,” said Elise slid into to the chair at the table opposite Travis.

She took a sip from her coffee, making an effort to hide her grimace at its flavour. She reached for the sugar and added more to the mug.

Eugh, I don't understand how anyone drinks this stuff regularly. By the time I make it drinkable, I'll just have a cup of cream and sugar.

"... In any case, drink that coffee and leave," he continued. "If the other brown-nosers of this class catch a wind you're being amicable with me, you're gonna be put on their shit list."
    Are we already at the point where we're dividing ourselves into cliques? That didn't take long at all...

“Well, that's just a risk I'll have to take then,” said Elise, “Besides, I'd like to get to know my countryman a little bit more.”

You spend a little bit of time in France and suddenly everyone thinks you're from there...

Elise took another sip from her slightly more palatable, but not nearly palatable enough, coffee, and caught a glimpse at the newspaper, the old back issue of the Road's End Gazette. Catching the name McLampet in the hideline, her eyes focused on the picture of the wreckage of the sports car.

Jake said that a car crash claimed the life of one of the middle McLampet siblings... Elena McLampet was it...?

“Where did you find that old newspaper...?” muttered Elise, utterly fascinated by the image of the grisly scene.

"Plus the fact that you're so perky first thing in the morning is pissing me off."
    Elsie tore her eyes away from the picture of the car crash long enough to look back up at Travis.

“Give me the front half of that paper and I'll pretend to be a grumpy morning hating person. Deal?” offered Elise.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

"What I meant was that, well, you know how to live with it and don't feel the need to get mopey, yeah? Same with Hisa and her..."
    Huh?

I shifted my gaze from my plate to the boy at the mention of my name and the sudden pause, and stared at him with a puzzled expression while quietly chewing on my toast;

"Erm, scars."
    ...Oh.

The point is, we all got our own quirks and strangeness when it comes to our bodies, which is fine. Makes us different. No need to compare ourselves to bikini models that some unnamed people have posters of on the walls of their rooms. That's just a waste of time."
    "My scars...alter the way I look just a bit too much. They are too noticeable, and are always the first things that people notice about me. It isn't like a mole, a gap in your teeth or a bit of excess fat on your body, and while I don't mind them, most other people do... Part of the reason why my past was...Not exactly cheerful or full of friends."

Well...That and something even more upsetting, I guess.

"But then it hasn't been much of an issue here - yet - so...Who knows, maybe I'll be able to have friends here who appreciate me even with the scars."

...And with that.

Finishing the thought, I turned back to my plate and impaled a piece of bacon on my fork, lifting it to my mouth - but how did this bacon...or this whole plate of food get on the table in the first place?

Was Prushka actually so considerate to bring us breakfast as well?

"I-it's not that bad! There are loads of pluses to being like this! Like being able to hide from anyone in a crowd! Or falling really far and not getting hurt! Or wearing a jacket four sizes two big in the freezing tundra and tucking your arms and legs into it to pretend it's a tent!"
    "Indeed, being short is not that bad at all," I said as I eyed the small girl this time, "A lot easier to sneak around without being noticed, much better body coordination, can enter a lot of places that tall people cannot...and your small frame makes it much harder to target you as well..."

Circling with my fork in the air while deep in thought, I tried to list all the benefits being short came with, but there just seemed to be too many of them...

"Though obviously, it has its downsides as well. But that is why you choose locations and manipulate situations in a way that you can benefit most from...Making the most out of what you have, rather than blaming and complaining about what you don't... is a valuable trait, I'd assume."

Though I guess this isn't exactly the approach that we wanted to take for this topic...Seems like I got carried away a bit, as usual.

"I wasn't sure what you wanted, Hisa, so I just got you a mix of everything. Pyry's right, more is better. If you want to grow, you have to eat as much as possible while you're still young!"
    "It is alright, I'm kind of okay with everything...Long as they are not all butchered into one big mess of a meal, like...Uh...That one sandwich our young and still growing friend is making there."

Somehow, his creation ended up being just as intimidating as Sakura's sandwiches, and I was starting to wonder how people could even eat something like that with a good appetite.

"I don't think I'll get any bigger than I already am, though...I'm 19, barely even a teen now, so...I'm pretty much at my peak."

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Is there something you had in mind?”
    Caleb shook his head.

"Not exactly. We're just asking if people want to join us. For the movie night," he explained in his usual curt way. "If you have other things in mind, that's alright. Despite the weather, shopping sounds more... outgoing than being cooped up inside. Watching movies. In a stuffy common room. On an old TV."

Inacio chuckled at the description, but didn't deny it. Then again, there wasn't really much point to denying it, as they had all seen the common room of the dormitory. While the janitor of this school had clearly done his best to clean the place up and get rid of the dust, it was still and old room with old furniture. Perhaps the massive budget of the Oceandrop Program had not reached all the way there, or perhaps the students were expected to make the room their own, but nevertheless...

...It certainly was 'stuffy' as Caleb put it.

"Oh, right, there was something I wanted to ask you," Inacio suddenly piped up and looked at Lucille. "After that amazing badminton game on our first day here, I hear you became something of a friend to Mercedes West? Is there any truth to that?"

Something twinkled in Caleb's eyes, and he nodded, looking surprisingly determined.

"...Yes. I want to know, too," Caleb agreed. "Is she as haughty as she looks? Or worse?"

...Somehow it felt that these boys had some ulterior motives when it came to inquiries about the actress.

Vier Wolff
    Date: 08.09.1994(FRI)

Hey Gabi and Mrs. Bahkauv, I know it’s a bit unironic coming from me, but if Aleen wanted to tell you she would have. So could you please stop? Class is coming up and I think we’re running out of time to eat. Unless you plan on going hungry during class...”
    Gabi'smouth snapped shut.

The red eyes stared now at Vier instead of Aleen... and that ghost of a smile still stayed on the boy's lips. Tension around the table seemed to grow heavier and heavier, and even Tonkori looked like he was ready to jump at the boy in order to defend Aleen at this point. But, after 10 seconds of this uneasy quiet that seemed to have no end."

"...okay."

Gabi blinked once and the dead, hollow look in his eyes were gone, and the once glazed-over color became vibrant and full of life once more. Then, as if nothing had happened, the boy took hold of his sandwich once more and started munching on it, taking small, careful bites that his tiny mouth allowed him. Subaru, who was sitting next to the boy, glanced at Aleen and Vier in confusion and slight worry, clearly not able to fully believe that the situation had been resolved with just that.

But apparently it had.

Just like that, like with a snap of fingers.

Aleen on the other hand, having been shivering in fear and something else all this time, finally got back the control of her breathing and her bearings. She stopped hugging herself so strongly and instead wiped her eyes with her arm, trying to hide the fact that tears had been gathering in her eyes. Once she had had a moment for herself, Aleen sneaked a grateful glance towards Vier and whispered something so quiet that only her friend could hear:

"...Thanks..."

And in the background, Gabi was looking at his own sandwich, lifting the top-bun slightly and fishing out a single slice of a pickle from inside. He stared at the green thing with a very troubled expression, causing both Subaru and Tonkori to tilt their heads quizzically at this scene. Then, holding that perfect poker face of his, Gabi opened his mouth and...

"...I might be..."

Both the girl and her dog grimaced.

"...in a pickle..."

And with Gabi's high-pitched, extremely quiet, uncontrolled laughter echoing in their ears, the breakfast continued like nothing had ever happened.

Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Weather:Rain

There was a long, heavy, annoyed sigh.

Then,without a warning, Mercedes West stood up from her seat, leaving the book she had been puzzling over on the table. The look she gave to Alexstrasza from the higher vantage point was not as disdainful or disgusted as it was before... but it wasn't friendly or warm either. Instead, there was something unknown in it, something that only the starlet knew or understood. A glare of someone watching an animal trying to catch its own tail, spinning in useless circles because they thought that there was nothing wrong with acting like that.

Mercedes West didn't pity Alexstrasza Lockhart - In the end, she found her boring.

That much was clear.

"...Whatevah. You keep telling yourself, like, whatever helps you sleep at night. Drown in your delusions and die," Mercedes coldly spat out her words. "What they believe, what you believe... it ain't changing shit. We all were, like, dealt cards by life when we were born. You can bluff all you want, but the moment someone calls your bluff, your game ends. Nobody will play with your anymore. That's what happens to those who ain't happy with the roles we were meant to play."

Grabbing her school bag, Mercedes started walking away from the table, heading for the door that would lead back into the corridors of the main building. Having got halfway to the door, Mercedes stopped one last time and looked at Alexstrasza over her shoulder. While her eyes held that same emotion of being disappointed... it now had something else in it was well. It wasn't warm, more somewhere close to lukewarm, but it existed: those eyes who had seen this same play happen over and over again.

"People don't change. Like, they never do. I mean, duh, if we did, world wouldn't be in the gutter," Mercedes quietly spoke. "The sooner you learn it the better. And when you've, like, destroyed all your relationships... when they find out their friend never existed... I'll be waiting. Waiting to mock you with an'I told you so'."

Her eyes now looked somewhere far beyond the window, in the past.

"...You can count on that. So feel free to, like, seek me out then. I'm always up for mocking you. So don't worry."

Then, starting on her way again, Mercedes waved her hand as a goodbye without looking back at Alexstrasza, walking out of the door and back to the corridor.

"So why don't you, like, try your hand at that damn cipher if it arouses you so much~?"

And with that last rude, sing-song sentence, the actress left the room.

[SCENE END /// Move to NEXT Phase!]

Alexstrasza Lockhart: Friendship Rank Raised!

Anna Vandemeel
    Date: 09.09.1994

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “Wouldn’t be surprised if some folks from school decided to form a mystery club or something else along those lines with all this material floating about. These types of urban legends are quite popular amongst teenagers, you know. More hopeful Kalle Blomkvists around then you can shake a stick at.”
    Sue tilted her head in confusion, putting a finger on her chin and mouthing quietly the word: "Kalle Blomkvist...?". It was quite clear the shop-owner had not understood the reference, but she smiled all the same. As she had listened to Anna talk, Sue had busied her hands with applying price tags to... some sort of stuffed dolls? One was a blonde girl in a white dress, smiling an arrogant smile that showed a pronounced canine tooth. The other was a blonde boy with white jacket and mane-like hair and a rather dorky-looking scowl.

"Well, the forest is a big part of the town's identity. It was the source of livelihood for a long time, but also a dangerous place, so it's no wonder there are so many tales about it," Sue answered. "But if you or your friends decide to research local folklore, please be careful. Ghostwoods are a big place and it's easy to get lost, even if you're an experienced hiker. And, um... I think Shane is a bit afraid of the scarier stories. Y'know, ghosts and stuff. So be careful."

Looking at the boy, at least for now he didn't seem to be afraid of such things. If anything, he was especially animated and lively, reading a superhero comic book (Excalibur, was it?) and getting so invested in the action and the story that he was mouthing said words, making fist-pump motions and pretty much bringing the adventures on those pages to life with his actions. Sue looked over the boy's goofing off with a warm smile, like an actual older sibling or an aunt of some kind. It was clear that store-owner was very familiar with the 'Mitchell Boys' as she called the brothers and their antics, fond of them even.

"Oh! Actually, in case you're interested in that kinda stuff, you might want to visit Tommy at his junkyard. He has native ancestry so he knows a lot about the local folklore," Sue continued. "That or talk to that singer at the Big Boy's bar. She's been collecting all sorts of old poems and songs from the area and making them into quite snazzy ditties that she then performs."

These words were followed with a rather stern, older-sister-like expression and raised, warning index finger.

"Oh, but don't go there after 10 PM!" Sue warned. "I heard that you guys have a strict curfew... plus a bar is not a place for underage kids!"

Surprisingly stickler for rules, this store-owner.

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    “Give me the front half of that paper and I'll pretend to be a grumpy morning hating person. Deal?”
    Travis cocked an eyebrow at the girl, but after a moment of thinking he took out the front half and slid it across the table for Elise to read. The half that the boy was left with seemed to be the sports section, talking about the recent loss of their high school football team The Bigfoots, the success of their swimming team and how one of them might have been heading to Olympics, and something about group of old mascot-suits being sold to the local school (in other words, Pinefall High) There even was a picture of a some young girl with charcoal hair on a ponytail holding up a trophy from some riding competition or another.

"... Deal. I'll take that over seeing someone being so damn cheerful even though it's raining," Travis said after returning to his own half of the paper. "All the offense, but seeing someone so happy this early is annoying as fuck."

For a moment the boy returned to his cup of coffee, drinking it down with one big swig. He paused his reading to refill the same cup before returning to the table... but apparently, the sports-section wasn't enough to grab his attention. Instead he half-glared Elise over the newspaper, looking like he wanted to say something but searching for the right (and most offensive) words to phrase it with.

Finally, Travis opened his mouth again.

"Anyways, the paper was left behind by that crazy French dyke. The one that dresses up like a dude. Probably fished it out of some garbage bin or another," he explained without really being asked to.

Then, narrowing his eyes, he stared straight at Elise with an inquisitive, and rather rude, aura.

"... So. You're also from the north, huh? Can almost smell the beaver shit since we're so close to border, huh?" He asked. "So, what province? No, wait, lemme guess..."

Travis mimed concentrating and looking Elise up-and-down, before breaking into a rude, vulgar smile as his eyes stopped at her torso area.

"Well. Judging from the flatness of the landscape I see, I guess Saskatchewan."

Apparently the gear in the boy's head had been switched into 'Asshole' once more.

Prushka & Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    "It is alright, I'm kind of okay with everything...Long as they are not all butchered into one big mess of a meal, like...Uh...That one sandwich our young and still growing friend is making there. I don't think I'll get any bigger than I already am, though...I'm 19, barely even a teen now, so...I'm pretty much at my peak."
    "Hey! I'm just hungry! No need to food-shame me, Hisanator!" Pyry protested with a grin, bumping the scarred girl's shoulder gently with his fist. "But, uhm, sorry to say, but... 19 really isn't that different from 16. I mean, the body might grow but the way I see it, and the way every adult says it, that's still pretty much a teenager. Half a year or so isn't a big rift between you and, for example, me."

Pyry finished up his gigantic sandwich and made a vague gesture with his hand, as if to mimic the hazy line between 18 and 19 that, according to him, wasn't that big of a thing. And judging from the easygoing tone that he spoke with, he really didn't see any difference between himself, Prushka and Hisa at least when it came to age. After all, they were all classmates at the end of the day. Still, this way of thinking that age meant less and less especially after you passed 15 years old was a rather mature way to look at it... something unexpected from the boy.

"So, even if you don't grow any taller from that, stop talking like you're about to hit midlife-crisis. You're still plenty young, after all," Pyry continued with a wink. "And like both of you said... even if you had weirdly militant-mindset about it... more height isn't always good. As cliche as it probably sounds, you look good just the way you are. I mean, it'd be ridiculous if you were as tall as me. Heck, even me being as tall as I am is ridiculous!"

Pyry chuckled at his own words, pausing his talking for a moment to take a big bite out of his colossal breakfast sandwich. How the boy could fit his mouth around it, how he had enough jaw-strength chew through it all and how his jawbone didn't get dislocated from the effort was a mystery. But judging from the blissful expression on his face, it had all had been worth it - both Prushka's choice of ingredients as Pyry's own efforts in building the monstrosity he now ate.

"Anyways, I'll get some of those vitamins later for you," Pyry spoke (mouth still half-full) and looked at Prushka. "Like I said, I'm not sure if they'll work. I was pretty tall even before, especially after they in---, especially after my first big growth spurt."

For some reason Pyry corrected himself, changing what he had been about to say. The boy even had a momentary guilty expression on his face that lasted for all half-a-second.

"By the way, either of you have any weekend plans?" Pyry asked, having finished chewing. "I haven't been looking around the town that much yet, so I was thinking of heading out later tonight and maybe even tomorrow. You know, see the sights and take in the local atmosphere. So if either of you have nothing better to do, I wouldn't mind company."

A somewhat excited grin appeared on the boy's face.

"Plus I haven't taken my baby out on a ride after we hauled all that stuff on the beach."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; March 26th, 2019 at 04:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin
    Phase: Morning
    Phase Date: 08.09.1994 (FRI)

“FffffhhiiiiiiiNNNGH,” A sound torn between a grunt of pain and air being sucked in through grit teeth found its way out of the lips of a boy who couldn’t maintain stoicism, “Lord Almighty that stings.”

Colt slapped his knee once and then pulled back, before a hand grabbed his shoulder and held him still.

"Alright. I'll apply the disinfectant now."

“Wait hold up that wa- PFFNNNNGGG!”

Colt’s lips slammed shut, he grit his teeth, and his eyes clamped closed. Was it normal for treatment to hurt worse than getting the wound itself? He wasn’t sure. He also wasn’t sure how much time passed with his eyes closed. It was only the sudden realization that he had forgotten to breathe that alerted him that time had passed at all, and he inhaled slowly.

"Well done, Mister Davin. Not a hint of shyness. Once you cool down the temperature of the area, feel free to put on your pants once more. Regain your dignity and perhaps your verbosity."

Distrusting eyes turned to the nurse, watching her every move as he hesitantly put the ice pack to his knee. He half expected some sort of bizarre pain to shoot up and down his leg once more at the pack’s touch, but aside from the initial sting of sheer cold, it seemed to be a much more innocent item than his paranoia feared.

“Ye… yeah, no shyness at all. I didn’t even cry today!” Colt shook his head up and down, agreeing with himself. “It didn’t even hurt, actually. In fact, it makes me want to take another fall just to come back and do it all over again!”

Sarcasm was written all over the boy’s face.

“And I’ll have you know, I got a lotta dignity, but I ain’t got any verbosity to regain. If anything that disinfectant probably hit my brain so hard I learned a few new words.”