Thread: THEORY: OTR isn't a specie of Mercury.

THEORY: OTR isn't a specie of Mercury.

As is no news to anyone here. According to the Character Material, there is a tone of doubt in the position of the OTR, both what title is written as:Ultimate One of Mercury?(水星(?)のアルテミット・ワン).

According to some theories, the OTR is not even a true specie of Mercury being, and the basis for this is in the Oort Cloud.The Ootr Cloud that is spatially close to the Solar System, is basically a small comet set where most of it is formed of pure ice, there are occurrences that usually comets that leave the orbit of the cloud, eventually fall into some belts and eventually on some planets(this supports the theory that the OTR actually >>fell<< on Mercury first, and also some people related that to the South American Gods who already have it dated).

But okay, and a more solid relationship between the OTR and this how is it? A lot of people think that OTR is actually an acronym for "Out of the name", which would be read by japanese writing as:名称のオールト"Meishō no ōruto".here comes another dump on the question of pronunciation, if you write the word Oort, and try to read it with the Japanese pronunciation, you will pronounce "ōruto" as well.

Still with this play on words, the kanji used to write Mercury are "水星" that can be read as "Suisei", which is also the same reading as the kanji used to write "comet", which are "彗星" .And the OTR nickname that is "Spider" is written with "ク モ" which reads "Kumo", which is the same reading for the cloud kanji "雲".

After the Meso-American gods we have proof that existences coming from comets and parts of space are possible. And Quetz, by the way, comments that she doesn't like spiders because in a past incarnation she has had a similar form.

I know this theory is relatively unfounded, but I wanted to share at least.

Just want to point out that ORT is read as オルト and Oort is オールト so your wordplay kinda falls apart right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    And this theory has been on the JP wiki page of ORT since 2016 lol.
    https://typemoon.wiki.cre.jp/w/index...48&oldid=20671

- - - Updated - - -

Then some guy added the mentioning of Quetz in 2017 as Babylonia came out.

So this is not exactly new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Just want to point out that ORT is read as オルト and Oort is オールト so your wordplay kinda falls apart right there.
    Speaking of that, I remember a crack theory saying that it's the rendering of ortho, which is an alternate name for chlordane - a kind of pesticide that can cause cancer and usually appears in the form of white crystals when synthesized.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; January 23rd, 2019 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    The point, it was not the writing but the pronunciation, オルト and オールト has the same pronunciation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    And this theory has been on the JP wiki page of ORT since 2016 lol.
    https://typemoon.wiki.cre.jp/w/index...48&oldid=20671

- - - Updated - - -

Then some guy added the mentioning of Quetz in 2017 as Babylonia came out.

So this is not exactly new.
    I know, that's why I never said that it was my theory. I wanted to talk about her here just to see what the people here have to talk about her, sorry if it was already a subject discussed before.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dunno man, it seems like a cool theory and all but it feels a bit odd to go "hey remember this dude who hasn't appeared proper in any work yet? Well it turns out he's actually this!!!"

It doesn't feel like there's a payoff to the twist for me since he's just a vague thing in the character materials and such.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I dunno man, it seems like a cool theory and all but it feels a bit odd to go "hey remember this dude who hasn't appeared proper in any work yet? Well it turns out he's actually this!!!"

It doesn't feel like there's a payoff to the twist for me since he's just a vague thing in the character materials and such.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I have a similar thought too. Although we have the benefit of the doubt, it would not surprise me if the OTR remained a Mercury existence, or just a existente similar to a Archetype.
    Last edited by Watson; January 23rd, 2019 at 11:25 AM.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I think I have seen this before, but I don't remember who was.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    yeah kinda defeats the point of character material to have them filled with lies and half truths, since they’re supposed to be reliable collections of info with clarifications and cool nuggets that didn’t fit anywhere in the works themselves.

anyway ORT for LB7 please, thanks in advance Nasu.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    You want to meet the thing that makes everything that meets it dead
    makes sense to me
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    You want to meet the thing that makes everything that meets it dead
    makes sense to me
    If not in a Lostbelt or a story where a character has to succeed to some degree, perhaps some kind of Lovecraftian story where some hapless people come across it, go mad and then die horribly?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    It's actually Velber-03.