Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    What I meant with preserving artistic intent is that I didn't restore lines that had a very clear cut reason to be removed, such as how in Fate on RN, most of the imfamous sexist lines from Shirou were either removed or downplayed (unfortunately not all of them though), we know Nasu has admitted he was unhappy with how those turned out and the pattern of removal fits with a clear intent to reduce that.
    Please elaborate. Did you exercise your own judgement to choose which lines would and would not be included (or rewritten by your team) in this release, based on your interpretation of someone else's artistic intent?

Blog Entries
    I'd like to know with more specifics what you've chosen to include and exclude. For all the work you've done, I don't have a lot of love for what's essentially a fanedit where the editor exercised his personal judgement to determine what goes in or doesn't go into the work being presented in the translation forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    For all the work you've done, I don't have a lot of love for what's essentially a fanedit where the editor exercised his personal judgement to determine what goes in or doesn't go into the work being presented in the translation forum.
    That's fine, I don't expect everyone to like it. It's there as an option because it was in use in the previous release, but it's alongside not just the direct translation of RN with no alterations, but even the 2004 FSN text as well.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    Do make it more apparent that is the case, I was an inch away from moving this to Doujin Projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Please elaborate. Did you exercise your own judgement to choose which lines would and would not be included (or rewritten by your team) in this release, based on your interpretation of someone else's artistic intent?
    Based on typemoon's artistic intent. They are official changes made by typemoon, not the project team. It is like the mature/h options, except for textual changes between the 2004/Realta Nua release. It is an option, if you don't want it don't select it.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 18th, 2019 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Trying not to sound harsh
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Do make it more apparent that is the case, I was an inch away from moving this to Doujin Projects.
    I mean I can't argue against you doing that necessarily even ignoring this particular detail. Mainly because technically speaking this "merged" version of RN is not actually an official commercially released Type Moon product, it merely uses commercially released Type Moon products to create it.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Basically...things that are shitty and obviously not in line with what the story is trying to tell was edited by TM is what i'm understanding out of this, although not all. Nothing in this project is fan rewriting statements.

Its like deciding to keep the shinji sakura original relationship versus the realta nua version, or trying to square the difference between the two

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Its like deciding to keep the shinji sakura original relationship versus the realta nua version
    As a sidenote the way I had previously handled that was considered quite insufficient and is part of why we went back to the drawing board and made the switches for textual content more elaborate to account for this. Consequently it's why I am not 100% sure about what switch governs what anymore. As an example, RN removed the punchline to the joke of Rin asking if Shirou has dementia, I know one switch or another restores it, but I don't know if it's "mature content" or "mixed".
    Memorable quotes

As a sidenote the way I had previously handled that was considered quite insufficient and is part of why we went back to the drawing board and made the switches for textual content more elaborate to account for this. Consequently it's why I am not 100% sure about what switch governs what anymore. As an example, RN removed the punchline to the joke of Rin asking if Shirou has dementia, I know one switch or another restores it, but I don't know if it's "mature content" or "mixed".
    If 'Realta' is not selected you get the dementia comment.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Blog Entries
    I mean I can't argue against you doing that necessarily even ignoring this particular detail. Mainly because technically speaking this "merged" version of RN is not actually an official commercially released Type Moon product, it merely uses commercially released Type Moon products to create it.
    That would set a precedent toward moving all TLs, past and present, from Translation to Doujin Projects, which is a big undertaking I don't think anyone has a need or will to do. My personal opinion is that it's fine to leave the translations around in Translations, as long as the goal is to localize or translate the text itself. I think at the point where you begin to merge two different versions of the text, and pick and choose which lines go into your edit based on self-perceived authorial intent, that it leaves the area of being a translation and is entirely a fanwork. No different from an altered "romhack" of Pokemon roms.

Basically...things that are shitty and obviously not in line with what the story is trying to tell was edited by TM is what i'm understanding out of this, although not all. Nothing in this project is fan rewriting statements.

Its like deciding to keep the shinji sakura original relationship versus the realta nua version, or trying to square the difference between the two
    Rewriting, no, apparently not. Taking the reins and deciding what goes in and what doesn't, yes.

That would set a precedent toward moving all TLs, past and present, from Translation to Doujin Projects, which is a big undertaking I don't think anyone has a need or will to do. My personal opinion is that it's fine to leave the translations around in Translations, as long as the goal is to localize or translate the text itself. I think at the point where you begin to merge two different versions of the text, and pick and choose which lines go into your edit based on self-perceived authorial intent, that it leaves the area of being a translation and is entirely a fanwork. No different from an altered "romhack" of Pokemon roms.

Rewriting, no, apparently not. Taking the reins and deciding what goes in and what doesn't, yes.
    So I'm going to assume that since mine still has "RN translated with no alterations" as an option, despite having other options it still passes that test for you, is that correct?
    Memorable quotes

True, but as long as its just an option, it should be fine right? in these hacks to begin with a lot of different versions of the editions are mixed together on discretion of the modder

As long as the original contents are their own options, it remains merely an addition that can be easily ignored if one chooses

Blog Entries
    I'm not doing anything at this point. I have no desire to reread the VN nor do I feel like installing this. If it's properly advertised that you've taken personal liberties with your edit and have it alongside the other versions, I don't see a huge problem.

I'm not doing anything at this point. I have no desire to reread the VN nor do I feel like installing this. If it's properly advertised that you've taken personal liberties with your edit and have it alongside the other versions, I don't see a huge problem.
    Just to alleviate any doubt, 16:25 to 17:05 in the youtube video is where I describe in detail the three options at hand.
    Memorable quotes

i was confused because i was pretty sure you had advertised the options clearly including how the sakura/shinji scenes and mature content scenes were handled, so there was no real way to misunderstand

Also, praise be for disabling forced auto read for last episode -bows- Does this still allow for the music to synch properly at the key points?

Many congratulations to all of you for finishing this huge project. It was really fun following the progress on this.

Does this still allow for the music to synch properly at the key points?
    Well no, that's not really compatible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Escape View Post
    Many congratulations to all of you for finishing this huge project. It was really fun following the progress on this.
    Technically this is just a beta so don't be a stranger. I already have one thing on my bucket list for an update, as at the 11th hour I got hooked up with some assets I didn't have prior.
    Memorable quotes

i guess it would be very hard to make it work in the first place huh...atleast there is a convenient way to integrate wakame patch
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; February 18th, 2019 at 06:39 PM.

Keep getting

Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Fate stay night[Realta Nua] -Fate-\\etc.xp3'
    Last edited by Urameshi Yūsuke; February 18th, 2019 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Keep getting

Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Fate stay night[Realta Nua] -Fate-\\etc.xp3'
    Can you give me more information on your RN games? Are they running the cracks? Have they been modified or did you just download them?
    Memorable quotes