Page 36 of 143 FirstFirst ... 26313435363738414686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Cause its one of the most badass moments of the VN? Not much of a necessary explanation
    Bear in mind that, a good couple of years after I first started using this avatar, the most elitist of elitist Type-Moon experts on the previous iteration of this forum (before it died and was reborn at this new URL) were debating in a topic linking to one on my videos on YouTube about what sword Archer had nocked on his bowstring in a clip from the DEEN UBW movie. That clip was literally a trace of a Realta Nua CG of Archer firing Caladbolg (prior to RN, Caladbolg never had its arrow transmuted form pictured, and the original DEEN anime just made it get skinnier when he nocked it).

To this day, the CG that Realta Nua added are mostly known only to a small subset of Fate fans.

tl;dr Hurry up and let the 3rd Heaven's Feel movie get here so I can see how they animate Nine Lives.

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Bear in mind that, a good couple of years after I first started using this avatar, the most elitist of elitist Type-Moon experts on the previous iteration of this forum (before it died and was reborn at this new URL) were debating in a topic linking to one on my videos on YouTube about what sword Archer had nocked on his bowstring in a clip from the DEEN UBW movie. That clip was literally a trace of a Realta Nua CG of Archer firing Caladbolg (prior to RN, Caladbolg never had its arrow transmuted form pictured, and the original DEEN anime just made it get skinnier when he nocked it).

To this day, the CG that Realta Nua added are mostly known only to a small subset of Fate fans.

tl;dr Hurry up and let the 3rd Heaven's Feel movie get here so I can see how they animate Nine Lives.
    There are a lot of things i am wondering how they will address in the back end of HF. but i can see your zeal

Quote Originally Posted by K14M View Post
    The first root 14th day. When trying to skip a scene, an error
    Spoiler:

Code:
    ---------------------------Fate/stay night[Realta Nua]
    ---------------------------
    Script exception raised
    script exception : エラーが発生しました
    ファイル : param.ks   行 : 1
    タグ : call ( ← エラーの発生した前後のタグを示している場合もあります )
    シナリオファイル param.ks 内にラベル *セイバールート十四日目-101.ks が見つかりません
    ОК   
    I understand, to fix all the mistakes do not care?

Quote Originally Posted by K14M View Post
    I understand, to fix all the mistakes do not care?
    Some of the members of the project are busy doing other things. There are a lot of things in this patch that need to be fixed.

be patient, the project members in charge of bug fixing arent unaware of the things that need to get done, but this is a free project that they are not being compensated for after all, and they do have lives outside of this place. they will get to it in due time.

This project is actually moving decently briskly compared to previous TM projects. It took many years to get to the place where fans could have this kind of thing outside of Japan...everything in this place is done by people running on nothing but love and dedication for TM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    AFAIK the only person around that could really fix issues like that once and for all are Quibi, and as mentioned he will be coming back from a very lengthy vacation/journey very soon.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    AFAIK the only person around that could really fix issues like that once and for all are Quibi, and as mentioned he will be coming back from a very lengthy vacation/journey very soon.
    How topical.

He will be back later today but he won't be working on RN right away, so in the meantime I'm going to spend this week getting caught up on the current issues, what's fixed, etc so that he can fix them with ease. I'll be back after I get out of work today and I'll be doing a dive through this thread and reddit so if you have anything you want to directly inform me of, please let me know.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Now the problem is that Jack is MIA again which will make it difficult for Quibi to post any fixed versions.

...oh wait, that's right, we have a fancy update system now in the installer! Well at least that's something even if the opening post itself becomes outdated.
    Well I'd still have to upload the updates myself or as Xer mentioned give write access to Quibi, but that's not necessary. I went MIA but not THAT MIA. As per the fact that i'm here now and was aware of Quibi coming back within the week he said it.

Time's still not the best for me but I'll make it work the best I can.

And yes, this post also signifies I've caught up on what I missed here, Reddit's next.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Questions regarding the translation of the mixed version Jack, did anyone fix the translation errors of the previous segmented versions? HF true end, Bad end 17 had some uncensored elements, and the issue with Rider's status screen never updating to put Sakura's name after the reveal in HF

Questions regarding the translation of the mixed version Jack, did anyone fix the translation errors of the previous segmented versions? HF true end, Bad end 17 had some uncensored elements, and the issue with Rider's status screen never updating to put Sakura's name after the reveal in HF
    What were these typos again?

As for the name change issue I never noticed that, it doesn't happen if you go through the scene proper but if you skip it, it does cause her master name not to update. Even I could probably fix that.
    Memorable quotes

hold on man, ill snap some screens of those translations i mentioned in a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    in the meantime I'm going to spend this week getting caught up on the current issues, what's fixed, etc so that [Quibi] can fix them with ease.
    Oh thank goodness, I was getting worried that I was the only one that was still alive and was going to be forced to do it when I really didn't want to since I had my hands full the last few days chasing down an overheating issue on my HTPC (turns out that restarting rather than shutting down causes my undervolt to not be applied).

This does unfortunately mean that I can't act upon my planned joke where I was going to make a legitamate list but include a joke issue somewhere in the middle saying "Rin and Sakura's bust sizes are reversed, refer to the game cover image on F/sn's VNDB listing".

Anyway, speaking of translation stuff that Inuhanyou mentioned in the post above, this reminds me of two things - there was one thing on Reddit about something that mirror moon apparently translated incorrectly and that people had no idea what was being referred to in later Nasuverse works when it came up with a different name due to mirror moon's aforementioned mistranslation?

I also recall that kind of rant-y post in this thread about how the default decensored h-scene CGs should be changed to the other set of decensored h-scene CGs that are also included since the depicted anatomy in the currently-default H-scene CGs are apparently considerably less accurate to what human anatomy should look like (even in "anime world")?

Anyway, speaking of translation stuff that Inuhanyou mentioned in the post above, this reminds me of two things - there was one thing on Reddit about something that mirror moon apparently translated incorrectly and that people had no idea what was being referred to in later Nasuverse works when it came up with a different name due to mirror moon's aforementioned mistranslation?
    I know about that one. Basically in the Fate route on Day 13 when Kotomine talks to Shirou about the founding families in the HGW, he describes how the Einzberns has "the golden rule of the line" and some people speculate that this might actually be Seigfried's Rinegold but the translation was lost. I've been meaning to consult Koto on this but if any Translators on this threat want to confirm or deny it first then go ahead.

I also recall that kind of rant-y post in this thread about how the default decensored h-scene CGs should be changed to the other set of decensored h-scene CGs that are also included since the depicted anatomy in the currently-default H-scene CGs are apparently considerably less accurate to what human anatomy should look like (even in "anime world")?
    That was the creator of the second decensor patch. He, obviously, prefers the set of images he released to the original. He wasn't posting a rant, he was basically just providing a preset for the custom decensor option thing where all his are selected. He wasn't asking me to change the default ones (he asked me that in private years ago and that lead to this feature), just providing easy access to the setting he'd prefer people to use.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying these appear even if all the censored versions of settings are active? Maybe it wasn't censored in RN? It's so long ago that I can't even remember I'd have to consult someone who reads Japanese on those.
    Memorable quotes

I know about that one. Basically in the Fate route on Day 13 when Kotomine talks to Shirou about the founding families in the HGW, he describes how the Einzberns has "the golden rule of the line" and some people speculate that this might actually be Seigfried's Rinegold but the translation was lost. I've been meaning to consult Koto on this but if any Translators on this threat want to confirm or deny it first then go ahead.

That was the creator of the second decensor patch. He, obviously, prefers the set of images he released to the original. He wasn't posting a rant, he was basically just providing a preset for the custom decensor option thing where all his are selected. He wasn't asking me to change the default ones (he asked me that in private years ago and that lead to this feature), just providing easy access to the setting he'd prefer people to use.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying these appear even if all the censored versions of settings are active? Maybe it wasn't censored in RN? It's so long ago that I can't even remember I'd have to consult someone who reads Japanese on those.
    I'm fairly certain the scene with rider was that way on the PS2 version. At least that's what made it into the PS2 English scripts, they were almost a one to one import of the PC rn translation without any additional patches
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

He wasn't asking me to change the default ones, just providing easy access to the setting he'd prefer people to use.
    Oh, ok.

Well then, outside of the elusive "having text render at your display's native resolution" and "support any ambiguous aspect ratio between 4:3 and 16:9 (particularly in fullscreen)" that I've already kind of ranted about in despair in the past, the only thing I really want to call attention to is that one of the known bugs in the first post that I previously reported got kind of smooshed together with another one of my reported bugs, and I want to make it very apparent that there is a second bug here and to not miss it (yes I know that editing the first post can be a bit of a pain, it doesn't bother me as long as you know that there's two bugs here and not one):

-The default window size for 768p displays will result in the program window "overflowing" the desktop and thereby running off the screen-The PS2 and especially the Vita Fate OP have the bottom of the video cut off when using window sizes larger than 800x600 / 1.0x, and larger window size ratios will cut off the bottom to even greater degrees.
    With proper formatting it'd be this:

-The default window size for 768p displays will result in the program window "overflowing" the desktop and thereby running off the screen

-The PS2 and especially the Vita Fate OP have the bottom of the video cut off when using window sizes larger than 800x600 / 1.0x, and larger window size ratios will cut off the bottom to even greater degrees.
    ...this does however remind me of how we could really use a window size setting that is smaller than 0.80x for those 768p displays.

And speaking of formatting, you still never changed my image links on your reddit thread over from imgoat to archive.org

Lastly I just want to reiterate the various music bugs during the epilogue of last episode before I finally give you guys my seamless looping edit of "the end of the dream":
    in the last episode epilogue, if you make a save once/after Saber has appeared on-screen, and then load said newly-created save, you will end up with no music playing at all.

and why nobody comment on the previous vndb link I included into my planned joke issue? I spent like a good 45 minutes rigging that up and making sure it was perfect! ...unless the link doesn't work for other people on different IP addresses? I tried it with a proxy and it still worked for me, so...

Alternatively I'm starting to get the idea that I'm the only person on BL that actually uses VNDB.

EDIT: Oh! And minor feature request I mentioned previously while you were doing your short MIA stint - could you include a separate download link for the uninstaller in the first post as well?

EDIT: Oh! And minor feature request I mentioned previously while you were doing your short MIA stint - could you include a separate download link for the uninstaller in the first post as well?
    These were built on March 21. I don't recall every changing the uninstaller except for the scaling and that one bug, so these should be good I think.

*****************************file/24q2j...llers.zip/file
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Blog Entries
    So the weird audio bug (the static noise heard when loading a game, or just randomly sometimes) is caused by a file called "mute.wav" that is not actually a muted sound.

Who would have thought

Quibi fixed another issue stealthily? I can feel the progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    So the weird audio bug (the static noise heard when loading a game, or just randomly sometimes) is caused by a file called "mute.wav" that is not actually a muted sound.

Who would have thought
    Funny thing is I've heard the static noise in older versions of RN but it went by so fast it wasn't a bother, for some reason in this version it lingers a lot longer though. Could it be connected to the filetable organization that slows down CTRLin perhaps?
    Memorable quotes