Page 37 of 143 FirstFirst ... 27323536373839424787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    So the weird audio bug (the static noise heard when loading a game, or just randomly sometimes) is caused by a file called "mute.wav" that is not actually a muted sound.

Who would have thought
    Don't suppose you need me to create a truly silent audio file?

...I mean it's easy enough to do via Audacity, so with your coding ability I imagine you could figure out how to do such a thing yourself.

So just to clarify, are you saying that "mute.wav" existed in even vanilla unpatched Japanese RN?
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Yes it's a file I've seen many times over the years.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

For some reason, I have a feeling that was intentional. And considering how slow PCs were back when this first became a thing (and the PCs in Japan tended to be ultra-low-spec in general), I have a feeling it was always meant to be a bit more noticable, they just didn't take, well, literally any configuration other than the one they were testing on into consideration, kinda like literally every DOS-era dev. And, let's face it, this VN (and this engine) was kinda sloppily developed to begin with.

I'm thinking it was meant as an effect when loading up a file similar like when you were tuning an old TV to that channel or something. Sorta like how when you start up a B-Side chapter in Celeste it plays the sound that an audio cassette tape makes when you rewind it or it is getting going before the stage comes up.

Granted, I've literally never heard this one before myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    So what do that one have over this one http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...ertion-project
    that one is the original patch for the segmented versions. Ultimate edition fuses everything back into one game again and adds some new things like widescreen support, optional translations and other benefits.

When this is done, it will be the definitive version

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Don't suppose you need me to create a truly silent audio file?

...I mean it's easy enough to do via Audacity, so with your coding ability I imagine you could figure out how to do such a thing yourself.

So just to clarify, are you saying that "mute.wav" existed in even vanilla unpatched Japanese RN?
    I mean I have the mental capacity to google how to do it, but it's always nice having someone who already knows how to do it do it for you :3
    btw, I implemented the dynamic wide screen ratio according to the desktop resolution as you suggested, so it will be available in the next version (which will also have a much stable wide screen support).

Was testing out the game. Got to the end of Day 3 of the Fate Route in Fullscreen. Fate Vita OP played fine then when the OP ended I ran into this error. Game crashed afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticus View Post
    Was testing out the game. Got to the end of Day 3 of the Fate Route in Fullscreen. Fate Vita OP played fine then when the OP ended I ran into this error. Game crashed afterwards.

Disable movies using the following menu: &Patch->&Options->S&kip movies in-game

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Disable movies using the following menu: &Patch->&Options->S&kip movies in-game
    I would like for them to work not for them to be disabled. Just reporting the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticus View Post
    I would like for them to work not for them to be disabled. Just reporting the bug.
    We are aware of the movies causing errors and are working on a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    We are aware of the movies causing errors and are working on a fix.
    Awesome, thank you for the hard work.

You dont need to ask for fixes, people are on the fixes, trust me

I just remembered another "bug"/feature that was supposed to have been implemented in the most recent version but for some reason ended up not:

Making it so that, during the TypeMoon logo animation, any window size/quality options are locked or greyed out since changing such settings during said TM animation results in the infamous white screen of death.

Speaking of bugs, I finally figured out why the automatic mouse-cursor movement on the title screen sometimes messes up and sometimes not - it seems that it records the location of where the pointer is before the TM logo animates, and then once the title screen appears it moves the cursor in the direction and distance necessary based on that originally-recorded location.

This mean that, if the user moves the mouse cursor to a different location during the TM logo animation but makes sure to stop moving their mouse before the title screen appears, the mouse cursor will still be moved in the direction and distance according to its original pre-TM logo location.

Oh and Quibi, if you're not aware, I provided a ton of feedback in the original "Mirror Moon TL insertion project thread starting from around page 600" (though some of the stuff I reported has already since been fixed), and my feedback pretty much kept going until the end of that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I mean I have the mental capacity to google how to do it, but it's always nice having someone who already knows how to do it do it for you :3
    Took me longer than I would have like because it turns out there's two mute.wav files - one in patch.xp3 (the longer 2-second one that is causing our issues), and one in data.xp3 which is only like 100 milliseconds long and I don't know what it is used for.

...so just in case you do end up needing the other one, I've made truly-silent mute.wav files for both (they're in a single download since they're so tiny):

****************************open?id=1lk...rU0UktPhodLnvF

(do not rely on this download link for long-term use, I will be deleting them at some point between a couple weeks to a month from now)

EDIT: I forgot that one can "abuse" archive.org combined with a hot-linkable temporary file hosting service to essentially have files that can be made available for download forever, so here's a mirror of said mute.wav archive file (this method strips out the filename of the uploaded file however):

https://web.archive.org/web/file.tow...pbmca111u0x.7z
    Last edited by NM64; July 26th, 2019 at 06:27 PM.

WWWhat is this. After i installed the patch from realta nua edition to ultimate edtion v.091. the fate ultimate edition launcher wont open and no error message came out. did something wrong with the patch??.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmarRY View Post
    WWWhat is this. After i installed the patch from realta nua edition to ultimate edtion v.091. the fate ultimate edition launcher wont open and no error message came out. did something wrong with the patch??.
    What is your OS ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmmarRY View Post
    I would say to start over and do the process again, but this time follow these steps:

1. Run the uninstaller located in the "Ultimate Edition" program folder (if you need an extra copy of the installer, then you can find an extra copy from here)

2. Follow steps 1 through 3 (and only steps 1 through 3) of the /r/fatestaynight subreddit VN guide

3. Then after those three steps, run the installer...and that's it really. After installation, you can delete the existing individual-route "Realta Nua" folders and their according data since Ultimate Edition does not need them at all once the installer has finished.

I didnt notice Nintendo Maniac changed his avatar....end of an era

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I didnt notice Nintendo Maniac changed his avatar....end of an era
    Yeah, I made a semi-lengthy post about it in this very thread.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention in that post is that I changed to my Rin avatar soon before making an account on BL, so it just happened that you guys never saw the avatar(s) that I had been previously using.
    Last edited by NM64; July 27th, 2019 at 09:59 PM.

https://imgur.com/a/3YLm2YV

Game crashes as soon as I'm to play Sakura's 'scene'. I don't care about the H, so is there a way I can just see the RN version of the scene?

still the same, the game wont open. i already unistalled and installed it a couple of time and it still have the same result. there's an error sound when i opened it but no error message appeared. my os is windows 10 64bit.