Page 51 of 143 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    so ive been trying to install it for a bit now and everything i try isnt working.
    I believe those errors occur when you've not followed the installation process correctly.

Basically follow steps 1 through 3 of the Reddit VN guide.

Then after those three steps, run the installer.

...and that's pretty much it! Just run the VN and enjoy (protip, don't use the "wide" aspect ratio mode in v0.9.1 and earlier - it's really buggy in those versions).
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    so ive been trying to install it for a bit now and everything i try isnt working. i downloaded the 64 bit installer, as i have a 64 bit operating system, and then i make the folders for it to install to. the issue is that the first time i try installing it it gives me an error message: " Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Fate/stay night[Realta Nua] -Fate-\\bgimage.xp3'" then after that i try to run the installer again and it doesnt download anything and says it installed successfully but theres no files in the folders except the patches i selected the first time. theres no .exe or anything.
    Check that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fate/stay night[Realta Nua] -Fate-\bgimage.xp3" exists

Blog Entries
    The thumbnails are just images... not need for any code changes.
    While the big thumbnails should be easy to make (they are just images), the bottom thumbnails are made using a texture atlas.
    I think I made some of those buttons myself but I can't seem to find the PSDs...
    Anyway, even if I did, I just faked some lighting effects to make those, so it should be fairly easy to reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    The thumbnails are just images... not need for any code changes.
    Well yes, but doesn't v0.9.1 not have the HD images at all?

That's what I meant about drop-in replacements with no code changes - don't you still need to program "ultimate edition" to actually know that HD images exist including what their file names are and such?

And even for SD, some of the existing thumbnails are in BMP while I've been using PNG for all of the SD images.

Anyway, even if I did, I just faked some lighting effects to make those, so it should be fairly easy to reproduce.
    Oh I'm not concerned about the actual creation of them, I was purely concerned with if implementing them would cause farther delay of the next version if I did finish them between now and... I dunno, the next day or two? (assuming the task can be finished in that amount of time of course).

And much like the OP videos, because it isn't me that made the existing files, I've been trying to make them look like the existing versions as much as possible - just with better clarity/resolution/quality. If I wasn't doing that and just went for what I personally thought looked "fine", then I'd be able to complete the task in no time, but I'd then feel like I was imposing my own "vision" onto somebody else's work.

Blog Entries
    I already implemented support for special folders from which HD images are loaded. So it's literally 0 code changes.

I already implemented support for special folders from which HD images are loaded. So it's literally 0 code changes.
    Ok cool, but does that require that the HD and SD images have identical file names with the only difference being HD has a .WEBP extension while SD has a .PNG extension?

(also I'm still unsure about how the classic OP thumbnails using BMP factor into this)

Blog Entries
    HD should be WEBP.
    SD can be whatever except WEBP.

HD should be WEBP.
    SD can be whatever except WEBP.
    And what about the file names? Should they be identical with the only difference being said file extension?

I know you yourself can rename them, but I'm trying to make things as "plug-and-play" as possible.

Blog Entries
    It doesn't matter as I'll be putting it in the patch...
    Same name, different folders.

"disable auto-read" doesn't work after it already started. No plan to support this either.
    Does it at least just restart back to the beginning of the epilogue much in the same way that toggling "wide" mode will restart back to the the title screen even when you're deep in the Extra menu or what-not?

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm almost done with the improved OP thumbnails...but I discovered a discrepancy with the size of the thumbnail images used in "psvita_op_hf_title_mini" and "psvita_op_ubw_title_mini".

In all the PS2 OP "mini" images as well as the Vita Fate OP "mini" image, each individual thumbnail is 146x82 while the entire "mini" image is 604x88

But in the Vita HF and Vita UBW "mini" images, each individual thumbnail is 146x83 even though the entire "mini" image is still 604x88.

Is this discrepancy between the PS2/Vita_Fate and Vita_UBW/Vita_HF thumbnails intentional, or is it a mistake? If it's a mistake, then which thumbnail size is correct - 146x82 or 146x83?

Originally I thought 146x82 was the correct size, but it turns out the classic_op "mini" thumbnails are also 83 pixels high, not 82! (though their entire "mini" image is sized differently altogether, be we established a month ago that this is intentional and should not be changed) Additionally some of the dimensions for the shadows on the classic_op "mini" images perfectly match the dimensions that are used for the Vita_UBW/Vita_HF "mini" images, not the PS2/Vita_Fate "mini" images, which is making me think that 83 pixels high is actually the correct size.

So yeah, what do?

1. Leave the PS2 and Vita Fate "mini" thumbnails at 82 pixels high and the Vita UBW and Vita HF "mini" thumbnails at 83 pixels high?
    2. Make all the PS2 and Vita "mini" thumbnails 82 pixels high?
    3. Make all the PS2 and Vita "mini" thumbnails 83 pixels high?

For reference, if I were to make all of the PS2 and Vita "mini" thumbnails be either 82 pixels high or 83 pixels high, it would be a really easy process for me to do - it'd take all of like 5 minutes, if even (this is because I'm downsizing said thumbnails from full size images and then just placing them onto a template I made).

Also just to clarify, all of these scenarios would leave the classic OP "mini" thumbnails remaining at their current 83 pixels height.

----------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: lolwut, turns out the discrepancies go even farther!

So the actual screencap used for the thumbnails in the "mini" images for Vita_UBW and Vita_HF? Yeah, they're also the only images that are cropped from a full-size screencap, and they're even cropped by quite the amount as well!

Yeah so uh... is that also intentional, or a mistake? I mean, if it is intentional, then it seems odd for the screencap used for Vita_Fate to not have been cropped as well, but whatever...

Also, if you do want me to retain their cropped aesthetic, then I need to farther inquire about how you previously told me you wanted the original resolution images and how that would apply to this situation.

Simply put, would you want me to include both the uncropped and cropped versions at the original resolution? Or should I just go all the way and provide both the uncropped and cropped versions at the original, HD "mini" thumbnail, and SD "mini" thumbnail sizes? (again, it's be really easy). Heck I could go even farther and also make complete "mini" images with the uncropped screencaps since, again, it's really easy to do.

EDIT 2: I have now managed to create original resolution-sized versions of the cropped screencaps used in psvita_op_ubw_title_mini and psvita_op_hf_title_mini, so it'll be just as easy to do if you in fact want me to use the cropped versions.

I was hoping to get all of this finished tonight, but it looks like I won't be able to...not to mention sleepiness is starting to hit me. Hopefully it doesn't take me too long to finish tomorrow so that I can get the goods to Quibi before he logs off for the day (if I'm mentally awake, then it really shouldn't be difficult at all to finish in time, so the main determining factor in all of this should be how well I sleep tonight).

EDIT 3: Lawl, of course - the one day where I need some insight is the day that Quibi hasn't logged on for 19 hours straight. Well, I guess I'll just keep trudging away at the rest of the stuff so that, once he does respond, I'll be able to put together the final version.

...actually at this rate, I could probably just put together and upload complete versions of every single variation.
    Last edited by NM64; October 22nd, 2019 at 01:08 PM.

Ren'Py has better code supporting rollback (and a much cleaner code base than KAG/KAGEX), so it would be easier to implement rollback there.

In the meantime, it would be best to not allow the user to set the option to avoid confusion.

Blog Entries
    The discrepancy between the size of a single pixel and the length of your post is unproportional...

Anyway, I started a new job so I'll be more busy with responding and such. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Anyway, I started a new job so I'll be more busy with responding and such.
    Whelp, there goes any chance of us getting the new version out in a timely fashion then.

Guess it was always a pointless endeavor to hope that Tanner would actually get a chance to use the new version before he finishes so that he and others could hear that glorious metal Emiya remix...

As for being more busy in terms of responding to my incessant inquires, there really shouldn't be any more until whenever you decide to actually get the new version out because this movie thumbnail thing was going to be the last of my contributions for a while. This is also why my post got as lengthy as it did for such a "trivial" matter because I got kind of annoyed that such a little thing is of course going to hold me up from finishing...
    Last edited by NM64; October 22nd, 2019 at 04:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    The new version is (almost) ready... I'll release beta this weekend, and after a couple of days the new version itself.

IIRC I had to make the vita UBW and HF thumbnails, and I might have added an extra pixel (I didn't have to make Fate cause Jack made it... cause, Saber, ofc).
    The PS2 OP came with RN PC so they're surly correct.
    Therefore, 82 it is.
    This probably also explains why they're the only ones cropped.

Sometimes as a developer you gotta do stuff yourself... Like that time I had to TL the hanafuda track girls route in HA (luckily, an actual translator eventually edited it).

The new version is (almost) ready... I'll release beta this weekend, and after a couple of days the new version itself.
    I finally just checked myself and Tanner's already on the 15th day in HF with Kotomine carrying back Illya, and that's without taking into account that, last time he got the memo of the v0.9.1 update, he had already recorded the next couple episodes. Considering that episode 104 was recorded two weeks before it was actually posted to his channel, it'll probably take a miracle for him to actually get the new version before the final final boss fight...

I guess as a consolation Tanner might still at least be able to see any of the additional extras and stuff you added to the new version by the time he reads/finishes "last episode" (from the commit log it sounds like you've added the "trailer" thing from the trial version?).

The irony is that it's my stupid OCD music stuff which of course delayed the release that made us realize that we forgot the according final final boss fight song in the first place! So we might have been screwed either way - either have it released on time without said song, or have it possibly released too late with said song.

Oy vey.

IIRC I had to make the vita UBW and HF thumbnails, and I might have added an extra pixel (I didn't have to make Fate cause Jack made it... cause, Saber, ofc).
    The PS2 OP came with RN PC so they're surly correct.
    Therefore, 82 it is.
    This probably also explains why they're the only ones cropped.
    Alright, so while I personally would prefer if we went with non-cropped so that things are kept consistent, I don't suppose you or Jack (I see you Jack being active!) would know what the mobile and Vita versions of Fate/stay night did for thumbnails, like if they're cropped or not and such?

Because I would even more prefer to simply match whatever the official products did (unless they did something completely different Extra menu-wise that's not even comparable to what we're doing).
    Last edited by NM64; October 23rd, 2019 at 12:32 AM.

I have not played the mobile version of RN ever but both the PS2 and Vita versions don't use one set thumbnail, they actually rotate multiple images as previews when they are selected.

As it stands I THINK I made sure the thumbnails used matched at least one of the preview images, however that was so long ago that I might be completely wrong about that. I have been unable to get the Vita TV I got for the FHA project to run in ages so I can't check.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I have not played the mobile version of RN ever but both the PS2 and Vita versions don't use one set thumbnail, they actually rotate multiple images as previews when they are selected.

As it stands I THINK I made sure the thumbnails used matched at least one of the preview images, however that was so long ago that I might be completely wrong about that. I have been unable to get the Vita TV I got for the FHA project to run in ages so I can't check.
    "Ultimate edition" implements the rotating images for the Vita OPs with the full-size preview images, but the issue is the actual small thumbnail in the horizontally-scrolling video list is currently cropped for Vita UBW and Vita HF.

Also the image used for Vita UBW's and Vita HF's small thumbnails are not actually used in the full-size images and are only used in said thumbnails.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    "Ultimate edition" implements the rotating images for the Vita OPs with the full-size preview images, but the issue is the actual small thumbnail in the horizontally-scrolling video list is currently cropped for Vita UBW and Vita HF.

Also the image used for Vita UBW's and Vita HF's small thumbnails are not actually used in the full-size images and are only used in said thumbnails.

Okay so apparently keeping my eyes on the development discord didn't keep me as in the loop as I'd hoped it would. So just to clarify, is this feature only for the Vita OPs because it could be applied to the PS2 ones as well, they do the same thing.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Look what happens when Jack shows up, suddenly this thread is the most happenin' place in town!

is this feature only for the Vita OPs
    Yes...as it has been since v0.9.0 - nothing has changed in that regard, and nothing I'm doing is changing that either.

I just was trying to find out if the cropped thumbnails for Vita UBW and Vita HF is just something Quibi did or if it's actually like that in any of the official releases.

it could be applied to the PS2 ones as well, they do the same thing
    Huh, interesting. The next version has already been delayed waaaaaaaaaaay too long already (see: my incessant sorrowing over Tanner possibly not getting it soon enough for the final final fight), so let's chalk that up to something that can be implemented for a future version.

Now just to clarify, are you saying the actual PS2 RN does this, or is it just the PS2 OPs in Vita RN that does this? I ask because I actually have a physical copy of PS2 RN and am fully capable of running it in an emulator (though I don't have a completed save file...).

There's a reason for everyone being here who is and I know all of them :3
    Memorable quotes