Page 5 of 143 FirstFirst ... 34567101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Yeah that's the easy part, the only part I'm uncertain of is whether or not using an if statement for the flag of forced auto read is within my range or such a flag has to be created separately.- - - Updated - - -Pretty much, which is why I have no qualms about linking people to the cat page for it.
    I think there may already be a flag in said scene's script file. Without looking the quickest route to accomplishing disabling the auto-read is to do an if statement for a flag check right in the beginning of the file which sets the auto-read on or off. You can just make a copy of the bgm with a different name and .sli file and set the bgm within the if else statement.... In theory I'm too lazy to look.And this is if you even consider the kag scripts to be 'programming'
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

It'll never cease to amaze me how weird the Type Moon situation is about the source material on a global basis. GO has 11 million downloads, USA being 5 million of those...yet the source material dont exist in the USA. Infact you can tally off tons of numerical values to illustrate the success of TM abroad...yet no source material even in the era of VN becoming more mainstream and viable for purchasing. I get that the expansive nature of the content is one of the main issues, but all VN's are pretty long by default. I feel like the associated costs could easily be met

Sweet got it installed!

Hooray

Time to pla-

"Script Exstention raised

Member "Kag" does not exist"

???

Whos Kag, and why doesn't he exist?

Edit: Ran as Admin and Kag exists now I guess?

Have I summoned an evil into our world?
    Last edited by Urameshi Yūsuke; February 18th, 2019 at 08:15 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Guys, I said it likely wouldn't be just a .ogg.sli file as I'm pretty sure it's impossible to make that song seamlessly loop without a bit of crossfade/alterating the waveform.

So it will likely require a whole separate .ogg vorbis song file as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post

That's listed under "Common errors and solutions":

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Member "kag" does not exist error when trying to run the visual novel itself (most commonly when trying to run an existing installation on a different PC)
    Solution: delete the file "config.ksc" located in the same folder as "Fate.exe" (that being the folder you installed the "Ultimate Edition" to)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Sweet got it installed!

Hooray

Time to pla-

???

Whos Kag, and why doesn't he exist?

Edit: Ran as Admin and Kag exists now I guess?

Have I summoned an evil into our world?
    Right you do have to run as admin the first time I forgot. Will add that to instructions.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Guys, I said it likely wouldn't be just a .ogg.sli file as I'm pretty sure it's impossible to make that song seamlessly loop without a bit of crossfade/alterating the waveform.

If this becomes an ongoing issue I may make just make it be removed upon installation.

Running it as admin also clears the problem away

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    If this becomes an ongoing issue I may make just make it be removed upon installation.
    It's my understanding that the file only exists when you already have a pre-existing installation, which is possibly the case here.

I'm not so sure that really would work in all situations however as I had the error even on PCs where UAC is completely disabled (thereby everything should theoretically automatically be running as admin without issue).

This also may force the creation of the save directory. For example if the save directory was set to C:/users/jacktheinfite101/Documents/faterealtanua_savedata than that directory will be created on your computer and you will have to remove it. It's exactly what happened to me lol.

Two separate problems. Everyone has to run as admin the first time or risk the error.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

It's my understanding that the file only exists when you already have a pre-existing installation, which is possibly the case here.

I'm not so sure that really would work in all situations however as I had the error even on PCs where UAC is completely disabled (thereby everything should theoretically automatically be running as admin without issue).
    It works in regards to the Kag problem.

Should have been clearer on that.

If you let me be super-duper OCD for a moment, there's a missing dash (one of these: - ) before the second listing under "known bugs and issues".

If you let me be super-duper OCD for a moment, there's a missing dash (one of these: - ) before the second listing under "known bugs and issues".
    Trying to get rid of the excess flab on your mind?

Came across two bugs in "Last Episode" when auto-read is disabled, the second of which I thought was pretty funny.

Get to at least the scene "Last Episode (89)" which is basically where Saber appears in the background image, then use "scroll wheel up" (or I suppose down if you use inverted scrolling) to go to previous text - keep scrolling until you find the text for "Last Episode (88)" with an actual load button, and click that load button and then "OK".

The first bug is that music will no longer be playing at all, even if the music previously was and had not even finished playing once-through.

The second bug is that you'll be treated to this derpy scene as the image zooms out, and yes this is after you had already clicked "OK":
    screenshot

that scene must not be bismirched

Came across two bugs in "Last Episode" when auto-read is disabled, the second of which I thought was pretty funny.

Get to at least the scene "Last Episode (89)" which is basically where Saber appears in the background image, then use "scroll wheel up" (or I suppose down if you use inverted scrolling) to go to previous text - keep scrolling until you find the text for "Last Episode (88)" with an actual load button, and click that load button and then "OK".

The first bug is that music will no longer be playing at all, even if the music previously was and had not even finished playing once-through.

The second bug is that you'll be treated to this derpy scene as the image zooms out, and yes this is after you had already clicked "OK":
    screenshot
    It's the dispscroll still. Never was able to fix it, only to treat the symptoms.

Blog Entries
    Woohoo!
    It would make me happy if people hype about the HD and wide mode. I worked real hard on it (bug reports are also OK).

About the mixed mode... I personally went over all the changes. I'd say most of the important changes are in the h and mature switch, while the mixed switch is mostly restoring cut content.
    While I would like to go over it one more time it probably won't happen, but it's a pass in my standards.
    Mixing the different versions is inevitable because each version of the game fixes one thing and ruins another.
    Vanilla RN should have Rin chanting in German. I don't think even Koto has that.
    The mobile and Vita scripts are also slightly changed - fixing some lines but also excluding previous versions fixes.
    I went through all of it trying to use the most updated version.
    It's a mess of a project even before we started working on it. It's like TM doesn't use version control or look at previous iterations of the game when releasing a new one.

Anyway, the textual content switch is only for the English version. The Japanese version was only altered with fixes from the mobile version.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Woohoo!
    It would make me happy if people hype about the HD and wide mode. I worked real hard on it (bug reports are also OK).

About the mixed mode... I personally went over all the changes. I'd say most of the important changes are in the h and mature switch, while the mixed switch is mostly restoring cut content.
    While I would like to go over it one more time it probably won't happen, but it's a pass in my standards.
    Mixing the different versions is inevitable because each version of the game fixes one thing and ruins another.
    Vanilla RN should have Rin chanting in German. I don't think even Koto has that.
    The mobile and Vita scripts are also slightly changed - fixing some lines but also excluding previous versions fixes.
    I went through all of it trying to use the most updated version.
    It's a mess of a project even before we started working on it. It's like TM doesn't use version control or look at previous iterations of the game when releasing a new one.

Anyway, the textual content switch is only for the English version. The Japanese version was only altered with fixes from the mobile version.
    It could be worse. You want to see the PS2 wip files? All 20Gb of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I can verify this just on the gallery corrections I did. Comparing how PC RN organized the gallery to how PS2 and Vita RN organized the gallery wound up revealing a lot of oversights on both versions, both having different issues of placing CGs in the wrong order, and in some cases neither got them right, so I ultimately wound up doing my best to organize them in a way that was faithful to the intent of TM's version and Kadokawa's version, but still had to take some liberties in cases where things were.......just plain wrong.
    Memorable quotes

Let's just be real here. They are just as organized as the rest of us.