Page 66 of 143 FirstFirst ... 16566164656667687176116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Hey uyjulian, I don't suppose success has been had with the BDMV Type-Moon Fes stuff mentioned in the following two posts of yours?:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post3024204
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post3024731

On a similar note, you were talking about a GLSL implementation of waifu2x, primarily for HA. Any luck on that, and is there any chance for such a thing as a cross-platform stand-alone application or what-not that can be used on other programs, VNs, emulators, etc? (basically I was hoping to use it on some other early 2000s VNs limited to 640x480 and 800x600, but what really reminded me is that I was looking to read a PSP visual novel via PPSSPP and obviously the PSP is only 480x272, so...yeah...)

...though it looks like some people have already tried in the past, but performance was much too trash:
    https://github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x/issues/31

Of course, modern GPUs are faster nowadays and I always love the idea of future-proofing, but most emulated games are also quite a bit lower resolution than PC VNs...though at the same time PC VNs have much more static imagery meaning you could theoretically do frame skipping for extra performance like many 2D system emulators incorporate (e.g. mGBA).

Quote Originally Posted by Arilando View Post
    For this bug to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    This [strange crackling sound] has been fixed and will be in the next release.
    If it annoys you that badly, then perhaps refer to this previous post of mine for a small and quick hotfix patch I made that works with the existing 0.9.1 version:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post3027574

DISCLAIMER: MAKE SURE YOU KEEP BACKUPS OF THE ORIGINAL XP3 FILES! I have no idea what will happen if/when future updaters and/or installers come in contact with modified unofficial XP3 files, so be sure you replace the modified patched XP3 files with the originals before you do any sort of updating in the future.

I am also slightly amused that said post was the one where I decided to mention 3rd gen Threadripper, because 4 months later the ThreadRIPping has gotten even worse for Intel.
    Last edited by NM64; February 24th, 2020 at 04:42 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Hey uyjulian, I don't suppose success has been had with the BDMV Type-Moon Fes stuff mentioned in the following two posts of yours?:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post3024204
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post3024731
    Progress has stalled.

Due to the fragmentation of the files, I could not extract the Fate/stay night OPs in whole.

Also, someone on leddit was offering u2 dot dmhy invites, but I don't have a response.

I found this on fleabay for US$55... https://www.ebay.com/itm/174160185982
    On a similar note, you were talking about a GLSL implementation of waifu2x, primarily for HA. Any luck on that, and is there any chance for such a thing as a cross-platform stand-alone application or what-not that can be used on other programs, VNs, emulators, etc? (basically I was hoping to use it on some other early 2000s VNs limited to 640x480 and 800x600, but what really reminded me is that I was looking to read a PSP visual novel via PPSSPP and obviously the PSP is only 480x272, so...yeah...)
    I haven't started work on it.
    The way I have planned it to work is that the upscale operation will run for each asset loaded. However, it will cause slow loading times if it is run when the asset is about to be displayed, so I plan to do work on "predictive loading" so that it's possible to know which assets are going to be loaded ahead of time and to do the loading operation in the background.

I am also slightly amused that said post was the one where I decided to mention 3rd gen Threadripper, because 4 months later the ThreadRIPping has gotten even worse for Intel.
    More threads can make the MMX blending operations faster :-)
    Too bad the command in the script for enabling multithreading has a typo...
    Code:
    @if(!DEBUG)
    {
        System.setArgument("-debugwin", "no");
    //    System.setArgument("-datapath", "$(personalpath)\savedata");
        System.setArgument("-drawthred", "auto");
        System.setArgument    = function() {};    //    無効化
    }
    "drawthred" should be named "drawthread". Also, "System.setArgument" is set to a no-op, so I probably need to change the Kirikiri core configuration file to point to the patch file as the project directory.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; February 24th, 2020 at 11:31 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    UPDATE: I've just sent a PM to SmilingWolf over on Doom9 if these blu-rays are something relevant to his interest.

Apologies for doing my trademarked deleted-and-then-reposted routine - I wanted to call attention to two additional points UPDATE: and the key bit of information about me PMing SmilingWolf.

#1. I had previously shared the links below with Jack via PM back on 2019-08-29...though he never replied.

#2. Perhaps SmilingWolf would be interested in this sort of thing? He has previously made AV1 test encodes out of the Heaven's Feel blu-ray(s) that I performance-tested for him and used for general 10it AV1 CPU-based decode performance testing.

(though unfortunately my AV1 decoding performance numbers are pretty much completely useless nowadays as that was all done with the reference AOMedia decoder and not the newer dav1d decoder, the latter of which is pretty much used by everything these days)

I found this on fleabay for US$55... https://www.ebay.com/itm/174160185982
    If you're going the used route, the following is a bit cheaper and claimed to be in better condition:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...condition=used

There's also new copies if you feel like splurging.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009M1CAEW/?condition=new
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Anybody know what could have gone wrong if I get script exception raised read error when launching the Fate.exe? The installer worked fine but the game won't run due to this.

HF Day 7 final scene still have forced auto-read (is it? this is the first time I played this route.) Even though disable forced auto-read is on

Quote Originally Posted by Z3los View Post
    Anybody know what could have gone wrong if I get script exception raised read error when launching the Fate.exe? The installer worked fine but the game won't run due to this.
    Could you please find "krkr.console.log" in "savedata" or "faterealtanua_savedata" folder, then email the file to me: (my username) at gmail dot com

Sent

The patches failed to download. Go to the first page of this thread, scroll down to "Mandatory patches", then download the patches that you want. Replace the (original, corrupted) patches with the ones you downloaded from the first page of this thread.

The patches failed to download. Go to the first page of this thread, scroll down to "Mandatory patches", then download the patches that you want. Replace the (original, corrupted) patches with the ones you downloaded from the first page of this thread.
    Now when I run Fate.exe I get a system jingle and nothing happens. Looked around and found "TVP(KIRIKIRI) Z core / Scripting Platform for Win32" to be running in the background after I tried. Ran in Locale Emulator both standard user and as admin. I noticed some files with suspiciously small sizes, maybe they got corrupted?

config.ksc =1Kb
    patches.json =2Kb
    xp3filter.tjs =2Kb

Now when I run Fate.exe I get a system jingle and nothing happens. Looked around and found "TVP(KIRIKIRI) Z core / Scripting Platform for Win32" to be running in the background after I tried. Ran in Locale Emulator both standard user and as admin. I noticed some files with suspiciously small sizes, maybe they got corrupted?

config.ksc =1Kb
    patches.json =2Kb
    xp3filter.tjs =2Kb
    i guess theese sizes are correct, and there is no need to run as admin

Blog Entries
    Do you perhaps have more than a single monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Do you perhaps have more than a single monitor?
    Nope, I'm using a laptop.

Nope, I'm using a laptop.
    Could you post a new log, with the same instructions that I sent you before?

Could you post a new log, with the same instructions that I sent you before?
    Sent.

First of all, thanks to everyone who worked on this! I can't wait to experience whole new world through this Ultimate Edition. Unfortunately, I've run into an issue what I've been trying to solve since yesterday. I came here to ask for help.

Yesterday I acquired all Realta Nua game files and installed the installer for the Ultimate Edition. I followed every step of a certain guide so everything went fine and I had the game ready to be launch! However, a small misunderstanding happened, and I ended up deleting all my files related to Realta Nua game files and the Ultimate Edition (at least I think so!). After that I acquired all Realta Nua game files again and reinstalled the installer for the Ultimate Edition. I, once again, followed every step of a certain guide until I started the installer. This time when I was on the point where you choose the patches, there wasn't a "Next >"-button but a "Update"-button. I proceeded to choose the patches and clicking "Update". All that did was a folder in /Program Files (x86)/ where was only .xp3 patch files. This still happens every time when I reinstall the installer and (supposedly) delete all the old files. The problem is that I wont ever be able set up the game if the installer only wants to update.

TL;DR
    Ultimate Edition installer only wants to update and therefore wont set up the game.

~~~I really don't know anymore what's wrong so I had to ask someone and this seemed like the only place I can get an answer from. You don't have to rush with the answer, I have patience. As long as one day I will be able to experience Fate/Stay night this way, I'll be fine. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsteri View Post
    First of all, thanks to everyone who worked on this! I can't wait to experience whole new world through this Ultimate Edition. Unfortunately, I've run into an issue what I've been trying to solve since yesterday. I came here to ask for help.

Yesterday I acquired all Realta Nua game files and installed the installer for the Ultimate Edition. I followed every step of a certain guide so everything went fine and I had the game ready to be launch! However, a small misunderstanding happened, and I ended up deleting all my files related to Realta Nua game files and the Ultimate Edition (at least I think so!). After that I acquired all Realta Nua game files again and reinstalled the installer for the Ultimate Edition. I, once again, followed every step of a certain guide until I started the installer. This time when I was on the point where you choose the patches, there wasn't a "Next >"-button but a "Update"-button. I proceeded to choose the patches and clicking "Update". All that did was a folder in /Program Files (x86)/ where was only .xp3 patch files. This still happens every time when I reinstall the installer and (supposedly) delete all the old files. The problem is that I wont ever be able set up the game if the installer only wants to update.

TL;DR
    Ultimate Edition installer only wants to update and therefore wont set up the game.

~~~I really don't know anymore what's wrong so I had to ask someone and this seemed like the only place I can get an answer from. You don't have to rush with the answer, I have patience. As long as one day I will be able to experience Fate/Stay night this way, I'll be fine. Thanks.
    Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Fate/stay night[Realta Nua] Ultimate Edition first before running setup again?

Also, how do I extract xp3 file content? tvpwin64.exe from krkrz_20171225r2.7z gives me an error about not finding startup.tjs, arc_unpacker-0.9-bin.zip works but the ogg files isn't playable, xp3tools-20060708.zip didn't work (maybe it needs python 2 installed).

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Fate/stay night[Realta Nua] Ultimate Edition first before running setup again?

Also, how do I extract xp3 file content? tvpwin64.exe from krkrz_20171225r2.7z gives me an error about not finding startup.tjs, arc_unpacker-0.9-bin.zip works but the ogg files isn't playable, xp3tools-20060708.zip didn't work (maybe it needs python 2 installed).
    Guess I wasn't clear enough but that's exactly what I did and it didn't help a bit. Installer still wants to update even if that file doesn't exist in my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsteri View Post

TL;DR

Use the following uninstaller: *****************************file/24q2j...llers.zip/file

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    Use KrkrExtract: https://github.com/xmoeproject/KrkrExtract/ . It will work most of the time, even if a future update of this patch uses a different archive format.

Use the following uninstaller: *****************************file/24q2j...llers.zip/file

Use KrkrExtract: https://github.com/xmoeproject/KrkrExtract/ . It will work most of the time, even if a future update of this patch uses a different archive format.
    Thank you so much! It worked perfectly. Thank you too, bugmenot and good luck with your problem.

Could you explain why uninstalling the files manually was no good but with this uninstaller it worked just fine? Did this uninstaller detect some lonely files somewhere or what? I am interested.