Page 49 of 143 FirstFirst ... 39444748495051545999 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

What is in the "D:\Program Files (x86)\fatestaynight2\Fate/stay night[Realta Nua] -Fate-" folder?

GLSL shaders extracted from the mobile version:
    Last edited by Alyinghood; March 16th, 2021 at 01:14 AM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Hey Quibi, I see a flurry of activity on the repository commit log recently - right before you think the next version is going to be ready for release, could you give us a 24 to 48 hour notice rather than just doing a "surprise! it's done" sort of thing?

Basically it's looking like I may actually be able to get the higher-quality video OPs into the next version after all since the warmer weather has finally left for good allowing me to crank up my CPU clockrate without causing myself to get heatstroke in the process, but depending on how long you take, it may only be the video files and not the GUI thumbnail images which I'll need to spend a bit more time on.

(I mean, it's possible that the GUI thumbnail stuff only needs a day or so of work to finish, but it's hard for me to say at this point because I put all my attention on finishing the actual video files themselves when the cooler weather hit a few days ago, so I haven't yet revisited the GUI thumbnail stuff at all)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    I posted it on the wrong thread oops

@Nintendo - I want to add predefined wide screen ratios the user can choose (in addition to the "auto" option which will be deduced from the desktop resolution).
    Aside 16:9, what other wide screen ratios are popular?

I'm pretty much ready for release. I'll send you a beta version soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    what other wide screen ratios are popular?
    If you mean ratios that are narrower than 16:9 but wider than 4:3, then there's really only 2 other common ratios:

16:10

3:2

I'll send you a beta version soon.
    Oh goody... (this is sarcasm if you couldn't tell, it is the internet after all)

To be honest I'm not entirely sure what me looking at said beta could help with. Am I to just confirm that the new stuff actually works and/or that any of my previously reported and mentioned stuff have actually been taken care of?

Blog Entries
    Could be any wide resolution whatsoever... I just thought I'd throw in some standard presets.
    And yeah, I just basically want you to confirm all your requests/issues have been resolved.

Oh so, if the next version is as ready as you say it is, then yeah the only thing I need to do for the video files themselves is to actually encode them (99% of the work was figuring out what filter settings and such to use), and because I'm OCD I of course use the placebo preset (which actually "only" takes around 50 minutes for at least the PS2 OPs).

I'll probably take a quick look at declipping the audio as well since that can be done comparatively quickly (I already did it for the Vita Fate OP a month ago), especially since all the PS2 OPs use the same song and the same goes for the 2004 OPs so I shouldn't need to determine individual settings for each OP, and I'm not even really dealing with the UBW and HF Vita OPs at all outside of volume-correcting their audio since I don't have a lossless audio source.

Could be any wide resolution whatsoever... I just thought I'd throw in some standard presets.
    Well the only other common resolutions that aren't 4:3 and 5:4 would be those wider than 16:9, most commonly 21:9, 2.39:1, and 2.40:1, and I'm not sure you even have ultimate edition programmed to be able to handle such ultrawide ratios.

And yeah, I just basically want you to confirm all your requests/issues have been resolved.
    Amusingly I don't actually keep a list of all the stuff I've brought up over the months, so...my look-see might not be too all-encompassing.

Blog Entries
    Ultra-wide might be overkill, but I'll add 16:10 and 3:2 (I don't think 5:4 would work, as it's narrower than 4:3).

I do keep a tab on your issues. It should be fine, I just to make sure there's not a glaring problem.

Oh uh, technically whatever ratio 1024x600 is was common on netbooks from the late 2000s (I even have such a netbook), but I figured you were only interested in ratios that exist on PC screens actually made this decade, especially since Win7 SP1 is a minimum requirement and most of such netbooks were sold with XP instead since Vista didn't run so well on said netbooks.

(Win7 was not a thing yet, and by the time it was the netbook evolved into the "notbook" which tended to be a little bit larger, like 11.6" rather than 10", with a 1366x768 display - I also have one of these devices)

Are issues like this known in the 3/19 build? I'm running Fate inside a Windows 10 VM, and it apparently does not cope with a non-"Retina" screen very well, blowing everything up to 2x what it should be. Booting into Windows natively (where it can take full advantage of the built-in Retina screen) runs normally.
    https://imgur.com/a/P68aURJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Are issues like this known in the 3/19 build? I'm running Fate inside a Windows 10 VM, and it apparently does not cope with a non-"Retina" screen very well, blowing everything up to 2x what it should be. Booting into Windows natively (where it can take full advantage of the built-in Retina screen) runs normally.
    Are you sure it's an issue with the game? It seems like your VM window is scaled by 2x.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    The default size settings (that is, high quality + 1.00x window size) results in a default window size that is too large for 1280x800 displays. Heck it's large enough that, if you were to enable wide mode, then it'd be impossible to fit even at the smallest 0.80x window size when combined with "high" quality settings!

So the easiest solutions (outside of increasing your desktop resolution) are to either set a window size of 0.80x with "high" quality and no "wide" mode, or switch to "low" quality mode and use whatever aspect and/or window size you want (fun fact, if you stick with 1.00x size, then technically "low" quality will actually be higher quality than the actual "high" quality setting albeit still a lower resolution).

So yes, this is a known issue that I myself reported even back before the initial public v0.9.0 release:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I also couldn't help but notice that, if your screen resolution is smaller than the program window's default size (a bit larger than 1280x1000), then it doesn't even try to fit on the screen and instead just runs off your screen, and it tends to like to go overtop of the taskbar as well (especially when toggling from fullscreen to windowed mode). Isn't that kind of problematic for the many laptops out there with 768p, 800p, and 900p displays?

And is enabling wide aspect supposed to zoom in the window rather than crop it? Even at the smallest size with high quality, the resulting window is at least 1371x812 which isn't going to fit on a 1366x768 nor a 1280x800 laptop display (similarly setting 640x480 with wide and low quality results in a window of at least 859x524) - why isn't there a way to display the graphics in wide mode without upscaling?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Are you sure it's an issue with the game? It seems like your VM window is scaled by 2x.
    It has nothing to do with the VM and everything to do with said VM running at a resolution of "only" 1280x800 (emphasis on the quotes around 'only').

BTW Quibi, speaking of versions, this next update seems like it's a large enough update to be more like a v0.9.3, even more-so if we could consider v0.9.2 to be the unreleased version that was going to come out around the end of August before, well... I happened. >_>;
    Last edited by NM64; October 15th, 2019 at 11:04 PM. Reason: because

Yeah, feels like there's an assumption of HiDPI in the Ultimate Patch. I know nothing of how Windows HiDPI works, so I don't know how feasible it is to detect when running on a "classic" low DPI system. Or if it's feasible to allow the user to resize the window arbitrarily and proportionally scale to match (rather than using inbuilt "0.80", "1.0", "1.25", etc). For now I'll try the low-quality mode when in a VM, or use Boot Camp to play Fate.

You need to change the settings of VMWare to disable resolution scaling.

Blog Entries
    As uyjulian mentioned, it does seem like an issue of dpi scaling.
    The game is DPI-aware so I'm not sure why the OS is scaling it. Might be some VM shenanigans?

Nintendo - I could default the game to LQ if the resolution is less than 1280x960 (which is the HQ resolution).
    Or maybe HQ with 0.8 scaling?

I posted it on the wrong thread oops

@Nintendo - I want to add predefined wide screen ratios the user can choose (in addition to the "auto" option which will be deduced from the desktop resolution).
    Aside 16:9, what other wide screen ratios are popular?

I'm pretty much ready for release. I'll send you a beta version soon.
    Can I haz compatibility with an 8x8 led matrix? Support all the potatoes!
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Nintendo - I could default the game to LQ if the resolution is less than 1280x960 (which is the HQ resolution).
    Or maybe HQ with 0.8 scaling?
    HQ with 0.8x scaling would be higher resolution, but once you factor in the taskbar as well as the title bar, it's unlikely to fit on a 800p screen and definitely not a 768p screen.

Personally, as I had previously talked about, I think we need some smaller-than-0.8x window sizes, especially if the user wants to run "wide" mode on a 768p or 800p display (since the backgrounds are displayed at larger than the window scaling size in "wide" mode, it makes all the more sense to want to use "high" quality as much as possible in order to avoid upscaling as much as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Can I haz compatibility with an 8x8 led matrix? Support all the potatoes!
    ...bwa?

3:2 has only existed in devices made in the last few years and is still getting new devices (such as the recently announced and not yet released Surface Laptop 3), and 16:10 exists in even the newest 2019 15" Macbook Pro (and, as evidenced by Hawker's screenshot, Mac users interested in "ultimate edition" do in fact exist).

...bwa?
    That was a joke.

I just want to say that it'd be great if ultimate edition supported MKV containers with vorbis audio and h.264/AVC video (even better if it could additionally support Opus audio! Also the usual AAC, WAV, and FLAC would be great too )

However it's not something I would want you to look into unless it's something that could be implemented quickly (read: not taking any longer than a single day) seeing as I don't want this to turn into another case of delaying the release just because I, once again, happened.

(also, as I previously mentioned, I was hoping for the next version to be out before TannerOfTheNorth got to the final battle in HF).

I tried to work around this by putting vorbis into an MP4 container directly, but it fails to play back in ultimate edition. I similarly tried it with LPCM, ALAC, and FLAC audio, but none of the three programs I tried (Avidemux, MP4Box, VirtualDub2) could mux them into an MP4 even though LPCM and ALAC actually have official support for the MP4 container...

Also I could only get vorbis-in-MP4 it to work with newly-encoded vorbis audio and not existing vorbis audio encodes, so it kind of defeats the purpose of why I wanted to pack vorbis audio into an MP4 in the first place (I wanted to use iOS/Android's copy of bgm51 for the PS2 OPs), and using lossless audio is obviously going to be a bit inefficient in terms of file size.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    That was a joke.
    I know, but to me it sounded like the joke was basing its punchline on the idea that 3:2 and 16:10 aspect ratios are only used by older and/or lower-end devices.

...which itself is a bit of an odd one considering that "ultimate edition" isn't exactly demanding in terms of hardware requirements - the most demanding thing is the 1080p Vita Fate OP which itself can be software decoded on the likes of a 2GHz Core 2 Duo in a 2007-era laptop (which, fun fact, is also almost certainly going to be using one of those 16:10 ratio displays); but even the likes of an early 2000s single core CPU should be fine as long as you avoid the OP videos and/or use a much newer GPU with AVC hardware decoding (though an Athlon 64 or a higher-clocked Athlon XP and/or Pentium 4 could probably pull off software decoding all the other OP videos other than the Vita Fate OP).
    Last edited by NM64; October 16th, 2019 at 04:44 PM. Reason: grammar

I just want to say that it'd be great if ultimate edition supported MKV containers with vorbis audio and h.264/AVC video (even better if it could additionally support Opus audio! Also the usual AAC, WAV, and FLAC would be great too )

However it's not something I would want you to look into unless it's something that could be implemented quickly (read: not taking any longer than a single day) seeing as I don't want this to turn into another case of delaying the release just because I, once again, happened.

(also, as I previously mentioned, I was hoping for the next version to be out before TannerOfTheNorth got to the final battle in HF).

I tried to work around this by putting vorbis into an MP4 container directly, but it fails to play back in ultimate edition. I similarly tried it with LPCM, ALAC, and FLAC audio, but none of the three programs I tried (Avidemux, MP4Box, VirtualDub2) could mux them into an MP4 even though LPCM and ALAC actually have official support for the MP4 container...

Also I could only get vorbis-in-MP4 it to work with newly-encoded vorbis audio and not existing vorbis audio encodes, so it kind of defeats the purpose of why I wanted to pack vorbis audio into an MP4 in the first place (I wanted to use iOS/Android's copy of bgm51 for the PS2 OPs), and using lossless audio is obviously going to be a bit inefficient in terms of file size.

Any file format supported by ffmpeg will work with the mpv backend. You can force the mpv backend with the "-videosubsystem=mpv" command line argument.
    I know, but to me it sounded like the joke was basing its punchline on the idea that 3:2 and 16:10 aspect ratios are only used by older and/or lower-end devices.

...which itself is a bit of an odd one considering that "ultimate edition" isn't exactly demanding in terms of hardware requirements - the most demanding thing is the 1080p Vita Fate OP which itself can be software decoded on the likes of a 2GHz Core 2 Duo in a 2007-era laptop (which, fun fact, is also almost certainly going to be using one of those 16:10 ratio displays); but even the likes of an early 2000s single core CPU should be fine as long as you avoid the OP videos and/or use a much newer GPU with AVC hardware decoding (though an Athlon 64 or a higher-clocked Athlon XP and/or Pentium 4 could probably pull off software decoding all the other OP videos other than the Vita Fate OP).
    It was a joke about different display hardware (8x8 matrix display is *very* low resolution)

I know for sure the minimum requirement for the game to even run is SSE2 instruction set support.

... In the meantime, I've been messing around with AVIF file format support.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; March 16th, 2021 at 01:14 AM.