Page 23 of 143 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Okay A, someone kill BL's auto formatting system for me because that's the second time I agonized over making a launch perfect only for some bullshit on how BL's site formats things to come in and mess it up
    I always type in "Source" mode because I can't trust BL's auto formatting to get things right (also it's particularly annoying when trying to delete bolded or italicized words since it has a tendency to make newly typed text then be bolded or italicizes.

B, I relinked the original zip download of the 64 bit installer, please tell me it actually downloads the correct thing this time.
    Yep, it's the correct file. I even did a hashcheck comparison to the one you linked to me above for me to test and it's 100% the same identical installer.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I always type in "Source" mode because I can't trust BL's auto formatting to get things right (also it's particularly annoying when trying to delete bolded or italicized words since it has a tendency to make newly typed text then be bolded or italicizes.
    Out of curiosity, when I launched this thread, did you get a look at linebreak hell? If not BL basically ate all my linebreaks, so imagine everything in that post, but all the linebreaks were gone and thus everything was crammed together without any spaces and it was awful.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

OH COME ON....while you included one of the updates that my "menu_patch.tjs" implemented, you didn't include the other - and it was the latter that made me want to make sure I got it into this very update!

y u do dis :(((((((

Out of curiosity, when I launched this thread, did you get a look at linebreak hell? If not BL basically ate all my linebreaks, so imagine everything in that post, but all the linebreaks were gone and thus everything was crammed together without any spaces and it was awful.
    I run into that time-to-time. Basically the trick is to hit "back", copy your typed text from the text box, then force reload the page ("ctrl+f5" I believe?) and re-paste your text. You can tell if BL isn't going to eat your linebreaks if the BBcode shortcut icons are actually present, as it's when they aren't is when BL will eat all your linebreaks.

OH COME ON....while you included one of the updates that my "menu_patch.tjs" implemented, you didn't include the one the other - and it was the latter that made me want to make sure I got it into this very update!

y u do dis ((((((
    Because A, you were inserting English text into the Japanese file so I'd have had to redo it with Japanese text for Beta then gone through all the steps needed to get it properly translated because menu items are translated by a script in this version of the game, and B I didn't really agree with singling out the Widescreen function as Beta because well, I'm not confident enough to call any of this not a Beta, and I basically placed disclaimers about this all being a beta anyway so.......

- - - Updated - - -

I run into that time-to-time. Basically the trick is to hit "back", copy your typed text from the text box, then force reload the page ("ctrl+f5" I believe?) and re-paste your text. You can tell if BL isn't going to eat your linebreaks if the BBcode shortcut icons are actually present, as it's when they aren't is when BL will eat all your linebreaks.
    The sad part is I was trying to anticipate it, and actually re-pasting it correctly and shit, but I got careless on the last check.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I didn't really agree with singling out the Widescreen function as Beta because well, I'm not confident enough to call any of this not a Beta, and I basically placed disclaimers about this all being a beta anyway so.......
    Whelp, I guess you just have thicker skin than me when it comes to people being critical of this version.

(basically they're calling it a "buggy mess" but mainly if not completely due to the widescreen bugs, and even criticize the "ultimate" label largely due to said bugs and call for people to instead stick with the previous non-ultimate edition)
    Last edited by NM64; March 20th, 2019 at 01:19 AM. Reason: because

Whelp, I guess you just have thicker skin than me when it comes to people being critical of this version.

(basically they're calling it a "buggy mess" but mainly if not completely due to the widescreen bugs, and even criticize the "ultimate" label largely due to said bugs and call for people to instead stick with the previous non-ultimate edition)
    You're referring to one specific Reddit post right? You do know that post is by a banned BL user I know who is a troll and likes to troll me because I'm a Saber fan and he hates her right? He made that post as flamebait and even wound up contradicting his own arguments in it so yeah.....

I'm not going to say I have super thick skin, but even I won't fall for something that easy.

- - - Updated - - -

To make my point more fully, aside from him, I can't really think of stand out examples of people calling this version a buggy mess in derogatory fashions. People are pointing out bugs because I asked them too but not in mean spirited ways.
    Memorable quotes

You're referring to one specific Reddit post right?
    Uhhh, no, I'm mainly referring to people commenting on Tanner's "let's read" calling for him to go back to the non-ultimate edition due to said bugs, almost if not all of which he's run into (save for the UBW Vita OP bug) were due to widescreen.

Also I've come up with the obvious solution (I'm kind of only half-joking here) - label the widescreen function as alpha!

I mean, if the entirety of the project is considered "beta", then what do we call a specific function that is considerably buggier than everything else? Why that certainly sounds a heck of a lot like "alpha" to me!
    Last edited by NM64; March 20th, 2019 at 01:21 AM. Reason: because

Uhhh, no, I'm mainly referring to people commenting on Tanner's "let's read" calling for him to go back to the non-ultimate edition due to said bugs, almost if not all of which he's run into (save for the UBW Vita OP bug) were due to widescreen.
    Oh, I'm going to go ahead and not check out that comment section.
    Memorable quotes

Oh, I'm going to go ahead and not check out that comment section.
    Admittedly there's only a couple commenters stating this, but they're also the most upvoted comments (with 10+ upvotes).

He's not exactly a popular youtuber as his videos are lucky to get even 1000 views (that's not a typo), but he does have a good comment-to-view ratio (10+ comments on a 500-view video? not bad!). It's my impression that he's more popular with livestreaming than VOD YouTube video stuff.

Admittedly there's only a couple commenters stating this, but they're also the most upvoted comments (with 10+ upvotes).
    Well what they should be asking him is to stop using wide mode, which I'd be asking anyway because it crops the images and I hate that myself, but apparently Wide Mode is one of the more popular features we've added, too bad it's buggy as fuck.
    Memorable quotes

Wide Mode is one of the more popular features we've added, too bad it's buggy as fuck.
    The obvious solution is to label it as alph- whoa this is heavy, I think I'm having deja vu here or something.

The obvious solution is to label it as alp- whoa this is heavy, I think I'm having deja vu here or something.
    Ah what the hell? It'll give me a good reason to further test our ongoing update problem if nothing else.

But not tonight, I have to be awake super early in the morning for a work function so I have to bail (or try to).
    Memorable quotes

Oh so um...are you going to add a note or something saying that updating via the installer may not always work or not?

Ah what the hell? It'll give me a good reason to further test our ongoing update problem if nothing else..
    Heck, alpha software typically even means it's "feature incomplete", and the wide mode currently is indeed lacking that function to support any ratio between 16:9 and 4:3 while in fullscreen.

Feature incomplete and very buggy? Sounds like alpha software to me!

Oh so um...are you going to add a note or something saying that updating via the installer may not always work or not?
    I added it in the buglist.
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    Wide screen is the best thing though... The immersion is real.
    Just need to fix "a couple" of bugs that's all...
    I think the release wasn't marketed as beta clearly enough which is why all the confusion.
    Although version 0.9 should be an indicator...

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    would it be correct to assume that
    there's gonna be an updated version
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

I'm one of those comments on tanners vid :P He was running into tons of issues, so i figured i'd make it easier on him.

People didn't warn him at all before telling him to go straight to this version, and on top of that, i think its an earlier edition as well

Heck, alpha software typically even means it's "feature incomplete", and the wide mode currently is indeed lacking that function to support any ratio between 16:9 and 4:3 while in fullscreen.

Feature incomplete and very buggy? Sounds like alpha software to me!
    It will always work. The first time the new installer is run, it is unable to know which patches are currently installed because I'm a dummy and am not checking for their existence. Just check everything you have installed and let it redownload them. From there there wont be an issue.

You already ran the installer and updated for testing purposes though right? I have the same thing where it skips to finish page but I assumed that happened because the installer "knew" my patches were already updated. So if you've already run an update once it might just be skipping the DL because it knows that.
    Yes, it only redownloads it if it is a newer version.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; March 20th, 2019 at 01:24 PM.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    because I'm a dummy and am not checking for their existence.
    Is it possible to make it do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Yes, it only redownloads it if it is a newer version.
    Is it possible to have the installer indicate that in some way so that it doesn't just look like it borked and didn't check at all?

Also you seemed to have missed the part where NM was unable to get it to update again after I made a slight change to patch.xp3. I'll make another change to test it again today but it seems to only update once, period, and never do so again regardless of if I update the files or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I'm one of those comments on tanners vid :P He was running into tons of issues, so i figured i'd make it easier on him.

People didn't warn him at all before telling him to go straight to this version, and on top of that, i think its an earlier edition as well
    Actually I myself expressed similar concerns in a Reddit PM with him, so yeah I can't even say I'm against it either. I mean now that I fixed the dumbass fuckup I did with the OP patch, if he updates, I'd just reccomend he not use widescreen (and I have a long ass elitist textwall on my personal reasons why I don't use it just waiting to post here later) since that is the source of most of his problems.
    Memorable quotes

Is it possible to make it do so?

Is it possible to have the installer indicate that in some way so that it doesn't just look like it borked and didn't check at all?

Also you seemed to have missed the part where NM was unable to get it to update again after I made a slight change to patch.xp3. I'll make another change to test it again today but it seems to only update once, period, and never do so again regardless of if I update the files or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I myself expressed similar concerns in a Reddit PM with him, so yeah I can't even say I'm against it either. I mean now that I fixed the dumbass fuckup I did with the OP patch, if he updates, I'd just reccomend he not use widescreen (and I have a long ass elitist textwall on my personal reasons why I don't use it just waiting to post here later) since that is the source of most of his problems.
    It indicated next to the patch name when there is an update. However, there are currently no updates at this time. At least that is what the installer thinks because the version numbers are all still 0.9.0 lol.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."