Page 21 of 143 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    So even though "high" quality in the VN itself now works on my HTPC which has a borked-up installation of c++ 2015, the installer itself still refuses to run on my HTPC due to said borked-up c++ 2015 installation.

(note that no previous version of the installer was able to run on my HTPC thanks to the very same borked-up c++ 2015 installation)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    So even though "high" quality in the VN itself now works on my HTPC which has a borked-up installation of c++ 2015, the installer itself still refuses to run on my HTPC due to said borked-up c++ 2015 installation.

(note that no previous version of the installer was able to run on my HTPC thanks to the very same borked-up c++ 2015 installation)
    It should run, its not even using vs 2015, I built the bootloader with vs 2019 preview lol
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    It should run, its not even using vs 2015, I built the bootloader with vs 2019 preview lol
    Well I did say it's a borked installation of c++ 2015; key point on "borked" - even though the previous installers would run on Win7 SP1 without c++ 2015 installed, said previous installers would still fail with borked c++ 2015 installations as I previously determined back in January or so.

This tells me that the installer is still trying to hook into c++ 2015 in some fashion if it detects it being present.

Well I did say it's a borked installation of c++ 2015; key point on "borked" - even though the previous installers would run on Win7 SP1 without c++ 2015 installed, said previous installers would still fail with borked c++ 2015 installations as I previously determined back in January or so.

This tells me that the installer is still trying to hook into c++ 2015 in some fashion if it detects it being present.
    Are you sure your windows files aren't borked? It is using a completely different toolset lol.

Also the revised installer is in my drive. Just give it a decent walkthrough before making it public. I have to shut my stuff down for the night because I'm home and well... I haz less freedom.

Are you sure your windows files aren't borked?
    Uhhh, I thought it was well established that the borked c++ 2015 installation on my HTPC is something with my own personal OS installation and nothing to do with your installer?

Nevertheless, as I alluded to, I was previously able to manually create a borked c++ 2015 installation on a fresh copy of Win7 non-SP1 by trying to install c++ 2015 on it without SP1 being installed, and even when installing SP1 it then requires the user to first uninstall the borked c++ 2015 and then install c++ 2015 again in order for it to become un-borked (though my HTPC's copy is really borked to the point that even this does not fix it).

Uhhh, I thought it was well established that the borked c++ 2015 installation on my HTPC is something with my own personal OS installation and nothing to do with your installer?

Nevertheless, as I alluded to, I was previously able to manually create a borked c++ 2015 installation on a fresh copy of Win7 non-SP1 by trying to install c++ 2015 on it without SP1 being installed, and even when installing SP1 it then requires the user to first uninstall the borked c++ 2015 and then install c++ 2015 again in order for it to become un-borked (though my HTPC's copy is really borked to the point that even this does not fix it).
    Yes I am aware, just concerned.

Yes I am aware, just concerned.
    It's been borked for several years now, and the OS itself has been completely stable the entire time save for this borky c++ 2015 installation.

(to be honest I've no idea what caused the borky c++ 2015 installation in the first place since I specifically installed Win7 with SP1 pre-included)

I've decided to stop working on Ren'Py port (CPU usage is higher anyway) and krkrz port to GCC (since the structure packing and ABI are different, it will be a pain to get working with the closed source plugins like the fireworks one).

The reason why LAV Filters didn't work is most likely because krkrz was deciding to pick a codec that is built-in. However, it should be easy to fix this by hooking up TVPRegisterDSVideoCodec to LAV Filters.

It would be nice to compile all the krkr plugins with the same compiler. The plugins with source available are the following: KAGParser.dll, addFont.dll, dirlist.dll, extrans.dll, fstat.dll, ifwebp.spi, imagesaver.dll, kri18n.dll, layerExAreaAverage.dll, layerExSave.dll, menu.dll, scriptsEx.dll, shrinkCopy.dll, windowEx.dll, wutcwf.dll, and wuvorbis.dll

Since not all the plugins have source available, some transitions will be stubbed/disabled in my cross-platform version.

Should we keep support for SSE2 processors? I'm thinking of enabling auto-vectorization using SSE2 which should make some things faster. Windows 8 is the first Windows version to require a processor with SSE2 support.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    I've decided to stop working on Ren'Py port
    Whelp, I guess I need to go break the bad news to the people asking about Android support on Reddit...

The reason why LAV Filters didn't work is most likely because krkrz was deciding to pick a codec that is built-in. However, it should be easy to fix this by hooking up TVPRegisterDSVideoCodec to LAV Filters.
    May I ask for clarification on what you're referring to? Do you mean why the theora-encoded Vita OP videos for UBW and HF were not functioning in the current "ultimate edition" patch?

some transitions will be stubbed/disabled in my cross-platform version.
    Wait, will? You just said yourself that you've decided to stop working on your port - the term "will" implies that it's still going to get a release however...so is it or is it not?

Should we keep support for SSE2 processors?
    Versus what? Plain old SSE, or something newer like SSE3?

Personally I think SSE3 is the newest thing that's safe to require, and no not SSSE3 - SSE3 has been supported on all DDR2-using CPUs, but SSSE3 was not supported on AMD CPUs until 2011, and of course the CPUs that AMD released the following years (Bulldozer & Piledriver) were so uncompetitive that many people just stuck with the previous gen Phenom II x6 CPUs (which, as I alluded to, don't support SSSE3), at least until Ryzen become a thing.

Whelp, I guess I need to go break the bad news to the people asking about Android support on Reddit...
    I'm still working on the SDL2 port of krkrz, which has the possibility of being ported to Android or being played on a web browser through an Emscripten port.
    May I ask for clarification on what you're referring to? Do you mean why the theora-encoded Vita OP videos for UBW and HF were not functioning in the current "ultimate edition" patch?
    Yes, that is correct. krdstheora forces the .ogg and .ogv videos to play through its Theora and Vorbis codecs. It won't go through the system-installed codecs if the plugin is linked.
    Wait, will? You just said yourself that you've decided to stop working on your port - the term "will" implies that it's still going to get a release however...so is it or is it not?
    I'm referring to my WIP port of krkrz to SDL2, which will allow it to be used on more platforms which support SDL2. The port of the scenario to Ren'Py is the one that I dropped.
    Versus what? Plain old SSE, or something newer like SSE3?
    I was referring to dropping support for processors that do not have SSE2 support. I apologize for the incorrect or confusing wording.

I was referring to dropping support for processors that do not have SSE2 support.
    Sure, go for it. Not only do all 64bit-capable CPUs support SSE2, but there are even 32bit-only CPUs that support SSE2.

If the newest CPU that someone has access to in 2019 is still a Pentium 3 or Athlon XP, then bloody Nora mate, especially considering that nowadays Athlon 64 x2 and Core 2 Duo era stuff is commonly given away for free.

So I'm trying to get this working, but I'm running into the kag error that seems to be pretty common. However, I don't have the config file to delete. I'm using Japanese locale, and I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Kind of unsure what to try now. Has anyone else here run into this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    So I'm trying to get this working, but I'm running into the kag error that seems to be pretty common. However, I don't have the config file to delete. I'm using Japanese locale, and I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Kind of unsure what to try now. Has anyone else here run into this issue?
    It is possible the issue lies with the 3 route source files your using to merge. Can you give me more info on them?
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Alright so I put the update live, the OP is now updated to reflect the changes (though I'm guessing I forgot something and NM is going to notice it for me which I am grateful for).
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Here's the Fate folder that is one of the three being merged (the UBW and HF folders are virtually identical except with different executables).

https://i.imgur.com/NinSHEN.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I'm guessing I forgot something and NM is going to notice it for me which I am grateful for
    ...you mean like actually linking to the updated version? (this applies to the Reddit thread as well)

I just spend ~30 downloading the 64bit version only to discover that it's literally the exact same version from Feb. 18...
    Last edited by NM64; March 20th, 2019 at 12:08 AM.

...you mean like actually linking to the updated version? (this applies to the Reddit thread as well)

I just spend ~30 downloading the 64bit version only to discover that it's literally the exact same version from Feb. 18...
    Are you serious? That doesn't make sense. I legit uploaded the same zip Annon packed.
    Memorable quotes

Also the 32bit installer version, while packaged correctly with the newer installer, doesn't download any updates as well. (this too applies to the Reddit thread)

Originally I had typed up a kind of lengthy post saying things like "y u do dis :(((((((" regarding why my quick patch_menu.tjs modification was not implemented, but it turns out that NONE of the updates are coming through, so for all I know my patch_menu.tjs modification may have actually made it into this release after all!

Originally I had typed up a kind of lengthy post saying things like "y u do dis ((((((" regarding why my quick patch_menu.tjs modification was not implemented, but it turns out that NONE of the updates are coming through, so for all I know my patch_menu.tjs modification may have actually made it into this release after all!
    Or you could check the changelog.

The answer is I basically did what you wanted but didn't use your version because the way I did it saved more time than if I used yours (as I'd have to make some changes to the English patch as well).
    Memorable quotes

Hey guys, thanks for your work on this patch.

I just tried installing it tonight, but for whatever reason, it doesn't allow me to select any of the patches during the installation, making it impossible for it to be completed.
    Am I doing something wrong, or is this something that is going to be fixed?

Here's a pic of what's happening BTW: https://i.imgur.com/V5vbjsy.png