Page 30 of 143 FirstFirst ... 20252829303132354080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Hi, it's my first time posting here. I downloaded the latest patches, but I'm having a minor issue where the movies won't play or show up in the movie tab. With the Vita movies option turned on, the screen goes from fullscreen to window view and presents an error. When I turn the Vita movies option off, I'm able to access the movies menu, but no movies appear, even though I'm nearly done with the Fate route. As I recall, the openings should be playable with the current patch, so I'm not sure why they are still not working for me.

Regardless, thank you for the hard work put into this project! I'm really enjoying the VN so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
    With the Vita movies option turned on, the screen goes from fullscreen to window view and presents an error.
    It might help to post a screenshot of the error so you might get better help. If you do, please post it under a spoiler tag so it doesn't take up the entire thread.

Otherwise, this thread might be of help: https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynig...ion_guide_vii/

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Good to see nobody missed me, and that there really hasn't been much going on (I was sick, but I'm better now) - I figured if somebody really needed me that I'd get a PM, and since nobody sent me one that means we're all good right?

So I figured this lull would be a good time for me to take my sweet time at seeing if I could make that seemlessly-looping version of "The End of the Dream" as well take a look at the chroma+luma combined/waifu2x'd image asset stuff and maybe humor myself with checking into encoding better quality PS2 OPs as well.

If I'm lucky maybe I'll even be able to to finish at least one of these before Quibi decides that he's back in action!

Oh yeah and I still want to re-check the compatibility of both the installer, "high" quality mode, and the OP videos on the likes of XP SP3, Vista no-SP/SP1, Vista SP1, and Win7 no-SP at some point.

EDIT: Right and I wanted to derp around with trying to waifu2x some of the GUI buttons and stuff to see if they can be not as blurry in "high" quality mode or the like.

EDIT 2: Couldn't help but notice that the two Reddit threads seem slightly neglected...

EDIT 3: Reminder to self - I wanted to look into the possibility of re-compressing the PNG images on Koto's vanilla RN patch in order to make it small enough to submit to RomHacking.net (perhaps as a sort of v3.1?)

Sorry, here's a screenshot of what's happening to me.

Based on your post, where you said you're almost done with the Fate route, does that mean you started on an older iteration of the project and upgraded to this one midway through?
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Yes. I started on the final version of the iteration where each route was still completely separate.

You really ought to try reading the first post.

I have. It's possible I somehow missed something, but I don't think I saw a fix to that. If there is, I'd appreciate it if you could point me to it

It's mentioned several times that old saves from previous version are incompatible with the new ultimate edition. Though it shouldn't load in the first place, it's probably possible that there are still bugs if it did load. There's a link to download a 100% save file in the OP. You should check if loading that fixed your problem.

Past that, you might want to check if any of your data files are corrupted, specifically the video.xp3 (I'm assuming that specifically, might be corrected). So, get a fresh copy of the game files and compare the hash.

I already knew about the save issue and had to skip/replay the parts I previously played to get back to the point I am now, so saves are not the issue. Everything is working properly besides the movies tab, which is a very minor issue. I apologize for any confusion there was involving that. I should have been more clear.

I will try to check if that file is corrupted. I am a bit perplexed because I deleted and reinstalled everything a while ago because this issue came up. It did not fix the issue, but I just ignored that until now.

Thank you very much for the assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by masterjuggler View Post
    It's mentioned several times that old saves from previous version are incompatible with the new ultimate edition. Though it shouldn't load in the first place, it's probably possible that there are still bugs if it did load. There's a link to download a 100% save file in the OP. You should check if loading that fixed your problem.

Past that, you might want to check if any of your data files are corrupted, specifically the video.xp3 (I'm assuming that specifically, might be corrected). So, get a fresh copy of the game files and compare the hash.
    They are supposed to be compatible. Unfortunately due to a minor oversight they aren't. It's a simple fix but there are a few minor issues like old font system rendering to be worked out. I just haven't had the time to work it out with the end of the semester and finals approaching.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Okay so the reason I asked about versions is that your savedata may be pointing to video file names that no longer exist. My advice would be to try and trigger the openings to play directly from each point, the end of the prologue, end of each route's Day 3. The filenames from the previous iteration were (most likely anyway) different so the movie menu can't find the files it wants anymore. The game hasn't recorded you unlocking the new ones. So basically if you go and trigger them in their rightful places they should unlock and fix this (I hope at least).

Edit: You said you deleted and reinstalled everything, did that include your savedata? As in, have you already tried playing the game with fresh savedata?
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; April 27th, 2019 at 02:36 AM.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    You said you deleted and reinstalled everything, did that include your savedata? As in, have you already tried playing the game with fresh savedata?
    It is exactly as you said. The game was trying to view the openings from files which weren't there anymore.

When the new version released I restarted the game and made new saves, but I still had the ability to skip over the sections which I had already played, so I skipped over the first few days (including the opening).

I went back and played to the end of day 3 to view the opening movie and the movie tab works now. Thank you very much for the help!

Glad you got it worked out, sorry for jumping to conclusions before. Little bit on edge with finals week lol.

No worries! I was a bit unclear myself in my wordings. And I totally understand being on edge before finals. If you still have any left, good luck!

Glad it worked out. I was almost certain this was the problem from the start so I apologize for loosing track of time and this taking days to solve.
    Memorable quotes

I didn't mind! It was only a minor issue. Thank you again for all of the help and hard work you put into this!

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Glad it worked out. I was almost certain this was the problem from the start so I apologize for loosing track of time and this taking days to solve.
    I'm kind of paranoid now if Tanner's LP might have the same issue then...

Also you're neglecting both Reddit threads again.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

死者 Corpse
    US Friend Code
    DavidfledYAJ
    I ran into 2 complications after installing this. First, the title screen is the heaven's feel title screen even though the save I had before patching was during fate. Is this just aesthetics or does this mean that when I start a game it will go heaven's feel route? I'm not there yet and I want to play the other 2 routes first. The OP does mention the title screen changes according to your progress which makes me feel like this title screen is even more wrong. I even deleted my save from the save folder on documents but it's still heaven's feel title screen. Given that I don't know how to select the route I want to play, I'm afraid that I'll start playing Heaven's Feel and since this is my first playthrough I won't even realize I'm playing a completely wrong route.

The second complication is that I get a "Cannot convert the variable type ((void) to Object)" error when I click on movie on the extra menu. It doesn't crash the game or anything, it just gives me an error and keep me from going into the movie option. The error is accompanied of JP text which basically says this error could be solved by closing the game and launching it again (it's not) and if it's not I should send a report. Basically I cannot go into Movie.
    EDIT: Disabling Vita Movie Menu in the options gets rid of the problem but then the movie list is empty.
    EDIT 2: Apparently the installation botched itself because I uninstalled and installed the patch again and now I can properly see the movie section no problem with Vita Movie Menu on. This particular problem is solved but I'm leaving this here in case anyone else comes by it.

I'd like to express my thanks for this patch and for not forgetting about those of us who prefer to play in Japanese language.
    Last edited by priamos1; May 6th, 2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by priamos1 View Post
    I ran into 2 complications after installing this. First, the title screen is the heaven's feel title screen even though the save I had before patching was during fate. Is this just aesthetics or does this mean that when I start a game it will go heaven's feel route? I'm not there yet and I want to play the other 2 routes first. The OP does mention the title screen changes according to your progress which makes me feel like this title screen is even more wrong. I even deleted my save from the save folder on documents but it's still heaven's feel title screen. Given that I don't know how to select the route I want to play, I'm afraid that I'll start playing Heaven's Feel and since this is my first playthrough I won't even realize I'm playing a completely wrong route.

The second complication is that I get a "Cannot convert the variable type ((void) to Object)" error when I click on movie on the extra menu. It doesn't crash the game or anything, it just gives me an error and keep me from going into the movie option. The error is accompanied of JP text which basically says this error could be solved by closing the game and launching it again (it's not) and if it's not I should send a report. Basically I cannot go into Movie.
    EDIT: Disabling Vita Movie Menu in the options gets rid of the problem but then the movie list is empty.
    EDIT 2: Apparently the installation botched itself because I uninstalled and installed the patch again and now I can properly see the movie section no problem with Vita Movie Menu on. This particular problem is solved but I'm leaving this here in case anyone else comes by it.

I'd like to express my thanks for this patch and for not forgetting about those of us who prefer to play in Japanese language.
    The route that is taken will depend solely on the choices made. However, it should be the heavens feel title screen. Check for the existence of a save folder in the installation directory. If one is there and it is not your save files, remove them.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."