Page 35 of 143 FirstFirst ... 25303334353637404585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinne-Tensei View Post
    My only issue I'm also dealing with is how the game keeps sounding out some muffled static effect occassionally.
    That's a known bug but with no solution at this time.

Also not a fan of how the text bar looks when reading text. so off-putting on a laptop screen tbh. Especially when it's rectangular, whereas the text is arranged like a box overlapping it.
    ...uh, may I ask for clarification and/or a screen shot of just what it is that you're referring to? You don't mean the small little rectangle that's present at the end of a line of text indicating that it's the end of a "page", do you?
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    That's a known bug but with no solution at this time.
    Darn...

...uh, may I ask for clarification and/or a screen shot of just what it is that you're referring to? You don't mean the small little rectangle that's present at the end of a line of text indicating that it's the end of a "page", do you?
    https://imgur.com/a/oGDAe7v

Oh, that? Lawl that's just a window setting. I wonder why it's set to "mobile"...

In the VN itself, go to "Config", then click the 'Modify' button next to "window settings" and change it from "mobile" to one of the "Normal" settings, and click "OK" on all of the things.

----------------------------------------------------------------

There's a guy on Reddit experiencing an issue that is similar to the one I previously mentioned about OP videos causing subsequent VN graphics to be cropped or overscanned, except this guy is experiencing the issue right off the bat right at the title screen and the prologue and such.

I suggested they post on here, but they didn't want to, so I'm playing messenger and reporting their issue:

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/as1lc4/fatestay_night_realta_nua_ultimate_edition_release/etqqcv7
    So I've been troubleshooting this for awhile, and have trawled through both posts on Reddit and on the Beast's Lair forum for this release and your previous, and no one seems to be running into this issue.

image of my struggle. Same behavior in Main Menu and in-game. In windowed and fullscreen mode. In every resolution imaginable, with every combination of compatibility/DPI scaling I could deduce.

Something is cutting off 3/4's of the screen, and obfuscating any interactable UI elements. I can select elements via Tabbing around and the Enter key, but I can't actually see what I'm doing. Mouse can't select them, even though they are within the window.

I did see this blurb in the previous thread, which seemed relevant, but the advice sadly did not resolve my gamestate.

The game starts with the window extending past the screen / forcing fullscreen

"Delete your datasu/datasc files. Go to the crack exe and right click it, select Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". If this alone does not work, also check "Run program as Administrator"."

If anyone can throw something new to try out, I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: i can now get a fully visible screen in "Low" quality mode. The behavior above is only seen now under "High" quality. I feel like I'm so close...
    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/as1lc4/fatestay_night_realta_nua_ultimate_edition_release/etsdjgl
    Thanks for the reply.

I have yet to make it to a video section yet I believe, since I've never played this before I wanted to get everything in order before moving forward. If there's one near the beginning I can click ahead to try it though.

Unfortunately switching from normal to wide or back fails to resolve the issue, the black space is just larger in the case of wide. Here's an image in-game of normal width,

and here's one of wide.

It appears the bg images are almost fully visible, but fail to stretch to the dimensions of the window/fullscreen, and yet UI elements (such as text border) do stretch, and are being cut off. They also don't appear when in the visible partition (such as with the exit dialog buttons).

In-game, the dialog arrows next to the text also appear to be affected some way. (hard to tell from the screenshots)

I originally used your 64-bit installer, and just now I uninstalled and reran using your 32-bit version. No change. (I'm on Windows 10)

As mentioned in my edit, this appears to only affect the High quality mode. Image is complete in Low at all resolutions, up to 1440p.

Also of troubleshooting note, in between changes to compatibility and random tinkering I have been deleting the config files in the save folder, as mentioned in your FAQ. (I actually help people troubleshoot a wonky Jenga-like hw/fw/sw system designed in Belgrade all day at work, so I know the struggle of getting people to be diligent to details lol)

Also apologies, I don't actually have an account on that forum at the moment. Was just curious in this series, and this seemed like a solid revitalization.

EDIT:

I was clicking through the story in Low, and switched to High. Now it looks like this: Progress? I can get UI elements now, but the bg is just stuck in the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/as1lc4/fatestay_night_realta_nua_ultimate_edition_release/etspp6r
    No worries, thanks for taking the time.

I've toggled just about everything that's apparent to toggle in the GUI, including the window size. My pics might look maximized just cause I'm using the Windows Snipping Tool to focus on just the Fate window. Annoyingly, the proportions stay exactly the same upon changing the Window size factors. Turning Fixed window off is agreed a lil glitchy, and doesn't seem to help in terms of revealing the UI elements.

On the positive side it appears the Low Rez mode is working as it should. I wish I could trick it somehow into using the higher quality images. Cracking open the .xp3's and renaming files might be a little too dirty.

Blog Entries
    Hey everyone, I'll be coming back next week.
    If you could prepare a list of all major issues I'll get into it.

Yeah I kinda took a longer vacation (more like a journey) than planned.
    10/10 would recommend to anyone.

Quibi back saving the day

Now the problem is that Jack is MIA again which will make it difficult for Quibi to post any fixed versions.

...oh wait, that's right, we have a fancy update system now in the installer! Well at least that's something even if the opening post itself becomes outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Now the problem is that Jack is MIA again which will make it difficult for Quibi to post any fixed versions.

...oh wait, that's right, we have a fancy update system now in the installer! Well at least that's something even if the opening post itself becomes outdated.
    ... well, unfortunately the update information gets fetched through jack's google drive. It's not currently possible to remotely push anything without him.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Blog Entries
    I'm in direct contact with Jack, no worries.

Jack could also always give Quibi write access to the relevant Google Drive folder.

Thanks @NM64

so I'm trying to skip ahead to my last saved spot in HF and get this:
    https://imgur.com/a/tOYCASq

Blog Entries
    Yey, Quibi is back! (^_^)

@NM
    You changed your avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    I used "Kirikiri for Nintendo Switch", located here: https://github.com/uyjulian/krkrs
    An automatic conversion tool will be released at a later date.

I may have a fix for the video playback issue pretty soon.
    Okay, cool. I'll wait for a more user friendly version/installer or something, if one ever comes. I have no idea what I'm looking at, or what to do.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

So as i pray... Unlimited Bug Works! Kariya's Avatar
    Awesome work! Thank you very much! It would be possible to add an option to skip the text box like in PS2 and Vita versions and change the font colour?

Quibi, I don't suppose you have a Reddit account?

As I mentioned in my post right before you proclaimed your eminent return, there's a guy having one heck of a wacky issue.

Also in general I tend to find that there's a larger quantity of people needing help on Reddit than on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    @NMYou changed your avatar! .
    While I do tend to stick with the same one for a while (maybe 5 to 10 years), I'm not someone that keeps the same avatar forever (Jack?). So yeah I've had that avatar for something like 8 years now I think.

Fun fact: I actually changed my avatar on basically every site and forum I could think of as well in order to keep things consistent, so if you didn't know any better you could think you're just being forgetful because, outside of archive sites, there's no proof I used a different avatar.

So while I find Rin to be the closest analog in the Nasuverse to myself (at least AFAIK anyway), in real life I physically look much more like my current avatar down to the hair, color, physic and everything - even clothing (though the shorts are a bit too short for a guy)...except the eye color and the fact I wear glasses because I think I'd find contact annoying; heck even my eye shape is similar and I have what some people call "roundish-almond" eyes which I personally think are the closest real-life analog to stereotypical anime eyes, and my mouth is also definitely on the small side as well.

If you want a tl;dr version of what I look like without an actual photo, combine the faces of Sebastien Vettel and Emma Watson with hair that's wavy but not too wavy like Rin's but auburn-colored like Asuka's (my bangs are more like Asuka's though).

(heck when Emma Watson had short hair around 8 or so years back, it always made me feel weird because she looked way too much like I did with short hair resulting in me being unable to see her as anything but myself in professionally-done drag)

One thing of note is that I had short hair up until about a year or so ago because, even though I preferred the look of long hair for many years now, I was always to timid and insecure to grow my hair out since I was born after the 80s and was too young during the 90s to use the excuse of just rocking the "heavy metal" look (I'm not particularly into heavy metal anyway), but I'm not in school anymore and, not only was finally starting to get fed up with cutting my hair anyway, but nowadays it seems to me that long hair on guys isn't looked down upon anymore and I don't see any negative reactions anymore to such things, and in fact have seen several positive reactions both to myself and to others in the last couple years (it actually kind of makes me wonder if long hair on guys is an up-and-coming hairstyle right now?).

Blog Entries
    Honestly your avatar forever ruined Rin for me. Whenever I see that sprite I think of motherboards.
    I do have a secret reddit account (well, not really secret). But I'm not getting myself involved until I come back. I'm on vacation (reading the forum posts is just a good bathroom material, ya know what I mean?)
    Also, I have to commend you that even after so many years your details are of top quality and detail.

It's like nothing changed at all in those last 8 months.

Blog Entries
    @NM
    Lmao, man, when I made that small comment, I did not expect you to reply with a huge post, nor did I expect an entire detailed anecdote of what you look like. Lol. Sasuga NM. But yeah, cool I guess.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

BRB writing a dissertation on why I use this avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Honestly your avatar forever ruined Rin for me. Whenever I see that sprite I think of motherboards.
    Err, why specifically motherboards? I only recall ever talking much about motherboards a single time when I was mentioning my bad luck with killing motherboards (which no longer happens to me anymore anyway).

Speaking of which, turns out the last major motherboard that I thought died for seemingly no reason back like 5 years ago is actually perfectly fine and that it was the CPU that died. Other than that incident, I've only had two motherboards die, and they weren't for seemingly no reason either - one I believe was killed by a crappy power supply while the other got physically damaged, and both of those occurred like 5 years ago anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I do have a secret reddit account (well, not really secret). But I'm not getting myself involved until I come back. I'm on vacation
    I didn't mean right now, I meant when you actually come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    I did not expect you to reply with a huge post, nor did I expect an entire detailed anecdote of what you look like. Lol.
    ...so that means you want more, right?

For a person of my height (175cm/5ft 9in) I have surprisingly small and slender hands and feet, yet they don't look out of proportion at all due to my arms and legs being similarly slim.

Speaking of legs, I just recently confirmed via some new underwear that my waist-to-thigh ratio is a bit more, uhh, "womanly" than one would expect for a guy (that is, it was actually the thigh area of the underwear that was tighter on me rather than the waist); additionally that's not due to leg muscles from athleticism since I'm quite inactive physically, and I'd like to farther reiterate that my waist is in fact the thinnest part on my torso (rather than the widest).
    Last edited by NM64; July 19th, 2019 at 07:08 PM.

Um, seriously though, "mobo" pops into my head literally every time I see your name.

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    BRB writing a dissertation on why I use this avatar.
    Cause its one of the most badass moments of the VN? Not much of a necessary explanation