Page 33 of 143 FirstFirst ... 23283132333435384383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Widescreen mode cuts CG
    Spoiler:

And the resolution of the monitor 1366x768 is too small. I have 1440x900 and can only fit with a window size of 0.80x

And with regards to the error under your first spoiler. I had this at the end of the prologue when the video opening started playing. The size of the game window has decreased. And after the end of the video has increased and the main menu of the game was compressed.
    Last edited by K14M; June 15th, 2019 at 04:00 PM.

I do realize that widescreen cuts CGs, it's just that the way some CGs are cut is positioned weirdly, if that makes sense? That might be a problem with the gallery mode itself though

Yeah, I was thinking the resolution of my monitor is too small unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    In your case, it is better to use full-screen display mode. And the standard aspect ratio. But unfortunately you will have to endure the black bars around the edges of the monitor.

I've already posted this on reddit, but I think I may have more luck in this thread

I'm having an issue with attempting to reinstall the ultimate patch after having deleted the patched version of the game, and reacquiring the unpatched game.

When I run the installer, it will only prompt me to download updates for each patch, and the page where you select the folders containing each route so it can merge the files from each route will not show up. Neither will the page that prompts you to select whether you want a portable install or desktop shortcut.

When I attempt to use the installer, it will download each patch that I select to the Fate/stay night Relta Nua Ultimate Edition folder in my program files x86 folder, but will not merge the files from each route of the game. As a result, I only get the patch files, not a patched version of the game in my program files. No matter how many times I try to run the installer it won't apply the patches to the game.

Has anyone seen this issue with the installer before? Maybe there a file somewhere on my computer I need to delete because the installer seems to think I have the patch already installed when I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Another small issue I remember from when I had the game running was when running the game in japanese language in wide aspect mode, there would be spaces between each character. Is this a known issue?

Quote Originally Posted by JCT3 View Post
    I've already posted this on reddit, but I think I may have more luck in this thread

I'm having an issue with attempting to reinstall the ultimate patch after having deleted the patched version of the game, and reacquiring the unpatched game.

When I run the installer, it will only prompt me to download updates for each patch, and the page where you select the folders containing each route so it can merge the files from each route will not show up. Neither will the page that prompts you to select whether you want a portable install or desktop shortcut.

When I attempt to use the installer, it will download each patch that I select to the Fate/stay night Relta Nua Ultimate Edition folder in my program files x86 folder, but will not merge the files from each route of the game. As a result, I only get the patch files, not a patched version of the game in my program files. No matter how many times I try to run the installer it won't apply the patches to the game.

Has anyone seen this issue with the installer before? Maybe there a file somewhere on my computer I need to delete because the installer seems to think I have the patch already installed when I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Another small issue I remember from when I had the game running was when running the game in japanese language in wide aspect mode, there would be spaces between each character. Is this a known issue?
    You should be able to select to do a portable installation on the license agreement page and just have it install it in the directory of the current installation. The reason it won't redo the file merging is because the installer is detecting the existing installation via the system registry. If not, then running the uninstaller, uninstalling and then retrying after a reboot should clear it up.

On the other hand, if it was already a portable installation, just delete the patches.json file (or any json file in the installation directory if that isn't the name)

If that doesn't work I can send you a version that will force it to remerge everything.

I'm rerunning the installer myself so I can remember exactly what I did.

Edit: I figured out what happened. Delete the patches.json file in the installation directory. I need to move the files creation to after the installation has been completed.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; June 16th, 2019 at 08:50 PM.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Thank you for the response, trying your suggestions now.

Where can I find the uninstaller? My installation directory looks like this. Empty except for the patch files.

Also, the page that asks whether you want a portable install or desktop shortcut etc. won't show up for me, the installer goes from the license agreement page, to the choose conditions page, and then skips directly to attempting to install. I might need that version of the installer that forces remerging.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    Protip: For windowed mode on 768p and/or 800p displays, set the VN to "low" quality and 1.00x window size.

Contrary to the label name, "low" quality isn't actually lower quality but rather is just lower resolution, so if you're not running the VN at size greater than 600p (what low @ 1.00x runs at), then you're not loosing any quality anyway.

(and technically the art assets for "low" are of higher image fidelity since "low" uses lossless compression while "high" uses lossy compression)
    Last edited by NM64; June 17th, 2019 at 03:36 AM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Thank you for the response, trying your suggestions now.

Where can I find the uninstaller? My installation directory looks like this. Empty except for the patch files.
    I will upload and pm you a link to a stand-alone uninstalled later today. If you see this before I message you, you can obtain the uninstalled directly by doing the following:

From the windows start menu type %temp% and click on the folder that appears in the search results.
    With that directory open run the installer.
    The installer will create a folder in that directory with the prefix _MEI... Inside that folder will be the extracted Python runtime dlls, standard library, and everything needed to run the installer. Inside you will also find a copy of the uninstalled. You may copy it from that directory to your desktop and then close the installer and run the uninstalled.

I will need to relook at the logic flow of the installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post

From the windows start menu type %temp% and click on the folder that appears in the search results.
    With that directory open run the installer.
    The installer will create a folder in that directory with the prefix _MEI... Inside that folder will be the extracted Python runtime dlls, standard library, and everything needed to run the installer. Inside you will also find a copy of the uninstalled. You may copy it from that directory to your desktop and then close the installer and run the uninstalled.
    Thanks! I did this and was able to get the game to reinstall.

Thanks! I did this and was able to get the game to reinstall.
    Ok. I'll have to look into what caused the installer to register the installation when it didn't finish successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by K14M View Post
    Conducted an experiment. Unzipped the patch_lang_english.xp3 archive with arc_conv. After that, the resulting files are packed back using the same arc_conv in the archive called patch_lang_russian.xp3. And when you start the game the same error.

Next, I unpacked the patch_lang_russian.xp3 archive using arc_conv. And I found out that all * .ks files are broken. The text in the bottom looks like this:

So I doubt that this application correctly packs * .xp3 archives
    Check to make sure that the encryption setting is set to NONE
    Also, use "KrkrExtract" to extract archives and "krkrrel.exe" from "kr2_232r2.zip" to repack archives

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Check to make sure that the encryption setting is set to NONEAlso, use "KrkrExtract" to extract archives and "krkrrel.exe" from "kr2_232r2.zip" to repack archives
    And how to use "krkrrel.exe" from "kr2_232r2.zip"Thanks for the help, it seems to be working.
    Last edited by K14M; June 19th, 2019 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K14M View Post
    And how to use "krkrrel.exe" from "kr2_232r2.zip"Thanks for the help, it seems to be working.
    No problem

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Right, i forgot!. Thanks to Infinite Jack 101 and the other staff for this incredible contribution to the community. ye shall not be forgotton!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    While finally checking how the compatibility is for the updated version on older OS configs (I've only tested Vista with both SP1 and SP2 thus far, but so far nothing has changed), I realized that I might have a work around for the elusive "member kag" error.

If it really does work, then it might help us figure out a proper fix for future versions.

1. Rename the file "patch_hd.xp3" to something else (such as "patch_hd.xp3_BAK")
    2. Delete the file "config.ksc"
    3. Now try launching the VN

Quote Originally Posted by Ardat View Post
    yes I did. Now it decided to run when I set my pc to jp but before it did not. So it's working now but I don't know how.
    If you set your local back to the way you had it, does it result in the "member kag" error coming back?

If so, could you see if my above work-around makes the error go away? (it's not an ideal solution since it disabled the "high" quality options, but it's a start in order to determine the root cause of the issue).

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I will upload and pm you a link to a stand-alone uninstalled later today.
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to just add a link to the first post so that anybody can download a stand-alone uninstaller much in the same way they can download stand-alone patches?

EDIT: Ok I can definitely confirm that, for v0.9.1, Windows 7 SP1 is still the minimum requirement to get everything working, and that my "secret compatibility protips" remain unchanged other than the fact that "high" quality now works even on PCs with a borked installation of c++ 2015 32bit ("high" quality still requires Vista SP2 or Win7 SP1 however); also Vista SP2 still requires the user to manually install c++ 2015 32bit in order for "high" quality to actually function.
    Last edited by NM64; June 20th, 2019 at 12:54 AM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post

EDIT: Ok I can definitely confirm that, for v0.9.1, Windows 7 SP1 is still the minimum requirement to get everything working, and that my "secret compatibility protips" remain unchanged other than the fact that "high" quality now works even on PCs with a borked installation of c++ 2015 32bit ("high" quality still requires Vista SP2 or Win7 SP1 however); also Vista SP2 still requires the user to manually install c++ 2015 32bit in order for "high" quality to actually function.
    The SP requirements are due to the requirements of the vs 2015 c++ libraries themselves. I'm not sure what those requirements are, but while installing the vs 2015 c++ library something else is being installed to make it work. I make sure I used the static libraries for the webp plugin in the v0.9.1 patch so the vs 2015 c++ libraries that were installed aren't actually being used.

This is of course unless there is another plugin that requires the runtime.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; June 20th, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

I happen to be playing through HF, though not yet completed. If I were to install this Ultimate Edition patch, should I go for just the regular installer that corresponds to my OS, or should I go for the 100% save file download in the OP as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Rinne-Tensei View Post
    I happen to be playing through HF, though not yet completed. If I were to install this Ultimate Edition patch, should I go for just the regular installer that corresponds to my OS, or should I go for the 100% save file download in the OP as well?
    100% save file is optional, since in most cases, the old save data should work just fine.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.