Page 56 of 143 FirstFirst ... 6465154555657586166106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    What was bad about the color corrected version? Or looked good to me...
    On its own it looks fine, but if you directly compare it to either the waifu2x'd or the "fullrange" flagged versions, you'll see that the colors don't quite match...

Here's an animated PNG demonstrating the considerable difference at the beginning of the Vita UBW OP (make sure you're using a browser that support APNG)

So should we included the waifud ops or the normal ones?
    Personally I vote for the waifu2x'd versions.

I mean, currently the waifu2x'd versions are the only versions that will actually display the correct colors in "ultimate edition".

(I would have to make new, corrected encodes for any non-waifu2x'd versions)

I know some people don't like upscaled encodings
    The non-upscaled versions are only 960x544, so aren't most people (at least going forward into the future) going to be viewing said OPs with upscaling anyway via kirikiri's own built-in mediocre upscaling? (especially when factoring in Hi-DPI displays)

but seeing as it's waifud it's probably a lot better than any anything else anyone will be using anyway...
    Consider that we're already waifu2x upscaling the likes of the H-scenes rather than just letting the VN engine itself upscale them. How is using a waifu2x'd OP that was originally sub-HD any different from that?

I could understand if the alternative was high-quality real-time upscaling (like uyjulian's upcoming GLSL implementation of waifu2x)...but that's not the case here.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by jinkhad View Post
    So when I first use the installer everything work as intended, I can change my aspect ration and resolution etc. However, when I decided to replay and reinstall the game the installer it no longer work as intended. So when I first use the installer the merge patch option is grayed out and mandatory and I have the option to select file path and download the patches. The second I use the installer the merged patch option is no longer grayed out and the installer shows update instead how download for the patches and I can no longer choose my file path. Anyone know's how to resolve this issue? Thank you in advance.
    How did you uninstall? Did you uninstall by deleting the files using Windows Explorer or using the uninstaller executable?

If you didn't use the uninstaller executable, clean out your registry and try again.

There appears to be a BDMV of TYPE-MOON Fes on u2 dot dmhy dot org
    If anyone has an invite...

Blog Entries
    Why do the waifud OPs have different colors? Are they not just upscales?
    And yeah I agree. I'm gonna use them cause they l so much better (more like the alternate just looks worse).

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    If anyone has an invite...
    I do not, sorry. I tend to not prefer private trackers because my slow upload means that keeping a healthy ratio is quite difficult when combined with the fact that everybody else is trying to keep their ratio just as high and likely has much greater upload bandwidth than I do.

...but more importantly, does this mean trying to get via Share is not working out? Or are you just trying to seed any known torrents?

Why do the waifud OPs have different colors? Are they not just upscales?
    I'm guessing you don't know what RGB and YUV colorspaces are, otherwise my previous explanation would have made sense.

The tl;dr version is that the software I used for all the other OPs doesn't seem to handle fullrange color correctly when saving to a non-lossless format.

(since all the other OPs were sourced with limitedrange color, this issue didn't affect them)
    Last edited by NM64; November 9th, 2019 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    ...but more importantly, does this mean trying to get via Share is not working out?
    Yeah, it appears that the node with most of the slices of the files went offline. I'll keep my node online anyway.

Edit: Node's back up and sending me stuff.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; November 9th, 2019 at 09:38 PM.

How did you uninstall? Did you uninstall by deleting the files using Windows Explorer or using the uninstaller executable?

If you didn't use the uninstaller executable, clean out your registry and try again.
    I simply delete all the file by moving them to the recycling bin. How do you clean out your registry?

I simply delete all the file by moving them to the recycling bin. How do you clean out your registry?
    Remove the key "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninsta ll\Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition" from either HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER using regedit.

To open regedit, press Windows+R, type in "regedit", then press enter.

Remove the key "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninsta ll\Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition" from either HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER using regedit.

To open regedit, press Windows+R, type in "regedit", then press enter.
    So do I delete everything inside the Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition folder?

So do I delete everything inside the Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition folder?
    If you delete the folder, it should automatically delete everything inside it.

It Worked! Thank you so much uyjulian.

Will this be one of the many things to hopefully be fixed by the upcoming elusive should-have-already-been-released-by-now version of "ultimate edition"?

The next version is going to fix... people for some reason ignoring the uninstall option and deleting things the manual, "dumb" way? Because I'm pretty sure you'd have to perform some pretty deep hacking of the OS to pull that one off.

That or submitting it to the Microsoft Store, but I'm pretty sure that one's not going to fly.

Blog Entries
    If you install a portable installation you can delete it yourself.
    Otherwise you should use the uninstaller...

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    The next version is going to fix... people for some reason ignoring the uninstall option and deleting things the manual, "dumb" way? Because I'm pretty sure you'd have to perform some pretty deep hacking of the OS to pull that one off.

That or submitting it to the Microsoft Store, but I'm pretty sure that one's not going to fly.
    I typed that post at 3am; clearly I wasn't thinking straight.

So a better question for me to ask would be - will an uninstall option and perhaps a proper "re-install"/repair (for going through the full installation process again even when it thinks it's already installed) be built into the next version's installer?

As an example, the visual c++ 2013 installer operates this way (not sure about newer versions of c++).

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    On its own it looks fine, but if you directly compare it to either the waifu2x'd or the "fullrange" flagged versions, you'll see that the colors don't quite match...

Here's an animated PNG demonstrating the considerable difference at the beginning of the Vita UBW OP (make sure you're using a browser that support APNG)

Personally I vote for the waifu2x'd versions.

I mean, currently the waifu2x'd versions are the only versions that will actually display the correct colors in "ultimate edition".

(I would have to make new, corrected encodes for any non-waifu2x'd versions)

The non-upscaled versions are only 960x544, so aren't most people (at least going forward into the future) going to be viewing said OPs with upscaling anyway via kirikiri's own built-in mediocre upscaling? (especially when factoring in Hi-DPI displays)

Consider that we're already waifu2x upscaling the likes of the H-scenes rather than just letting the VN engine itself upscale them. How is using a waifu2x'd OP that was originally sub-HD any different from that?

I could understand if the alternative was high-quality real-time upscaling (like uyjulian's upcoming GLSL implementation of waifu2x)...but that's not the case here.
    I feel like the "borked" one is actually more fitting for that scene. The sunset feels more surreal.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I feel like the "borked" one is actually more fitting for that scene. The sunset feels more surreal.
    There are other scenes that are distinctly more problematic though, particularly in the HF OP - it's just that scene in the UBW OP is one of the easiest ones to test for a difference since it's right at the beginning.

Also the stock version looks better on a screen with a high contrast ratio / deep black levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    When you consider the color the original image used and the colors of UBW then the coloring makes more sense on the one not labeled as "borked".
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

死者 Corpse
    Hiya new here.
    So when I start up the "Fate" Application I get this error message after it asks me to choose a .xps file
    'Script exception raised
    Cannot find storage startup.tjs'
    Is there anyway to fix this so I can play the game? Thank ya much.

Quote Originally Posted by Straw_Hat_Namaki View Post
    Hiya new here.
    So when I start up the "Fate" Application I get this error message after it asks me to choose a .xps file
    'Script exception raised
    Cannot find storage startup.tjs'
    Is there anyway to fix this so I can play the game? Thank ya much.
    You didn't install the game correctly.