Page 9 of 143 FirstFirst ... 47891011141959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickiflu View Post

Everytime I try to open the .exe, in administrator mode or not, this file comes back always after the "Member kag does not exist" error

https://imgur.com/a/CysqLcg

That's normal, that file governs where your save directory is, so its absence is what will trigger the "select a save directory" window, and the file will be generated upon your selection.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    That's normal, that file governs where your save directory is, so its absence is what will trigger the "select a save directory" window, and the file will be generated upon your selection.
    So… what am I doing wrong? I don't understand…

Ok, I will be making this file from now on lol.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Ok, I will be making this file from now on lol.
    What?

- - - Updated - - -

So… what am I doing wrong? I don't understand…
    Unfortunately I do not either. You said you re-downloaded RN, did you apply the cracks when you did?

Also if there was any console log generated, if you could post it that could help us figure out what's wrong.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

What?

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately I do not either. You said you re-downloaded RN, did you apply the cracks when you did?

Also if there was any console log generated, if you could post it that could help us figure out what's wrong.

Yes, I re-downloaded the RN and applied the cracks.
    The only console log that appeared to me it's this:
    https://imgur.com/a/N4MMxs4

Even if I choose only the Documents or the old folder of the RN that I used (the
    faterealtanua_savedata)
    it gives me always this problem

Some friends of mine tried to download this Ultimate Version but they totally succedeed to run it instead of me, so I definitely did something wrong

The only console log that appeared to me it's this:
    https://imgur.com/a/N4MMxs4

You wouldn't happen to see these files anywhere would you?

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Grab fate.exe.console.log and hwexcept.log then paste it to pastebin or similar website, then post the link here.
    - - - Updated - - -

Some friends of mine tried to download this Ultimate Version but they totally succedeed to run it instead of me, so I definitely did something wrong
    Actually I just had a thought, did your friends do portable installs? If so could you get them to send you their installs? I want to see if the issue is with your specific installation or the game running on your system in general.
    Memorable quotes

What?

- - - Updated - - -

A field for savedata folder under the installation location and then generating the corresponding config.ksc will resolve having to run as administrator the first time.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Actually I just had a thought, did your friends do portable installs? If so could you get them to send you their installs? I want to see if the issue is with your specific installation or the game running on your system in general.
    Even if said friends did not, there's no reason why one of them couldn't also run the installer again, but this time select a portable install.

But again, just keep in mind that moving portable installations from one PC to another commonly will also throw up that 'member "kag" error', which is then where I've described that deleting "config.ksc" would eliminate it for such situations.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Well, any chance for that 100% save file for the series?

Quote Originally Posted by BellyTom View Post
    Well, any chance for that 100% save file for the series?

Yes, but I need to set it up since my current savedata is a mess of states towards buggy or troublesome areas and things organized in a way that only makes sense to me, so I'll need to reorganize.
    Memorable quotes

Ok, that's the fourth time that I try to install this version, and I also asked some help to my friend that manage to run this Version.
    We both downloaded the files of the RN version from the same link, so...

I taught that since I left the files of the three routes in the folder Download and the files of the Ultimate Version in the folder Programsx86 after the installation, I believed that this was the real problem. So I uninstall the Ultimate Version AGAIN. Then I re-prepared the files of the RN (I applied the cracks of course, deleting the "/" ecc...), ans saved the folder "faterealtanua_savedata" inside the Documents. After that I moved the files of the three routes on the Folder Programsx86, inside one folder called Fate Stay Night Realtą Nua, just like my friend did. I ran the prologue on the Fate route just in case everything is fine, and it worked (didn't finished it). After that, I re-installed the Ultimate Version with the installer x86_64 (I always used this since my laptop isn't old), and use the folder "Fate Stay Night Realtą Nua" that I created earlier as a Destination Folder for the installation. After all of this, i ran the exe as Administrator and… nothing changed. The same issue as always…
    I don't know. I also followed step by step the instructions that my friend gave me...

About the files fate.exe.console.log and hwexecpt.log, none of them was inside the folder of the Realtą Nua version. Both of them are inside the folder of Fate Stay Night mirror moon (the first version of FSN that I read two years ago), not the Realtą Nua
    Last edited by Rickiflu; February 21st, 2019 at 06:09 PM.

Ok, that's the fourth time that I try to install this version, and I also asked some help to my friend that manage to run this Version.
    We both downloaded the files of the RN version from the same link, so...

I taught that since I left the files of the three routes in the folder Download and the files of the Ultimate Version in the folder Programsx86 after the installation, I believed that this was the real problem. So I uninstall the Ultimate Version AGAIN. Then I re-prepared the files of the RN (I applied the cracks of course, deleting the "/" ecc...), ans saved the folder "faterealtanua_savedata" inside the Documents. After that I moved the files of the three routes on the Folder Programsx86, inside one folder called Fate Stay Night Realtą Nua, just like my friend did. I ran the prologue on the Fate route just in case everything is fine, and it worked (didn't finished it). After that, I re-installed the Ultimate Version with the installer x86_64 (I always used this since my laptop isn't old), and use the folder "Fate Stay Night Realtą Nua" that I created earlier as a Destination Folder for the installation. After all of this, i ran the exe as Administrator and… nothing changed. The same issue as always…
    I don't know. I also followed step by step the instructions that my friend gave me...

About the files fate.exe.console.log and hwexecpt.log, none of them was inside the folder of the Realtą Nua version. Both of them are inside the folder of Fate Stay Night mirror moon (the first version of FSN that I read two years ago), not the Realtą Nua
    I'm going to need you to invoke the program from the command line.

Run the command prompt
    cd "{installation directory}"
    Fate.exe -debug > {desktop}\log.txt 2>&1

Then wait for the game to crash, hit ok and let it exit.

Then send the log.txt on your desktop. It will be huge so you may need to upload it or paste it on pastebin or something.

Ok, that's the fourth time that I try to install this version, and I also asked some help to my friend that manage to run this Version.We both downloaded the files of the RN version from the same link, so...
    I personally still would have really like to have seen you try a portable installation (which should not require uninstalling any pre-existing normal installation), specifically following the following steps:

• installing a portable installation on said friend's PC where the "ultimate edition" already works
    • testing out said portable installation to make sure it works
    • deleting the "config.ksc" file in the portable installation
    • copying said portable installation's program folder onto a USB drive or whatever and then onto your PC
    • then finally trying to run said portable installation on your PC

If that still doesn't work, then it's without a doubt definitely something with your PC configuration.

@NM64 can you scale the icon up to 256x256? The icon must be, 16, 32, 48, or 256. I upscaled it to 256x256 and it did indeed work. I'm not good with images so I don't know how to get the best results so if you can upscale it to a compatible resolution I would appreciate it. Also, do you know how to clear the icon cache?

Also, @Rickiflu, if there is a savedata folder in the new install directory, delete it along with config.ksc
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 21st, 2019 at 09:47 PM.

@NM64 can you scale the icon up to 256x256? The icon must be, 16, 32, 48, or 256.
    Why not just downscale my 64x64 upscaled version to 48x48 via a typical lanczos3 or the like? I mean, I even suggested that exact thing back in the previous thread...

Also, do you know how to clear the icon cache?
    No idea, especially since AFAIK I have all my OS's cache folders pointed to a volatile ramdisk that gets nuked on shutdown anyway, so such things likely automatically get cleared on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Why not just downscale my 64x64 upscaled version to 48x48 via a typical lanczos3 or the like? I mean, I even suggested that exact thing back in the previous thread...No idea, especially since AFAIK I have all my OS's cache folders pointed to a volatile ramdisk that gets nuked on shutdown anyway, so such things likely automatically get cleared on my system.
    Ok, the reason I thought it didn't work last time was because of the cache lol.

I'm not good with images so I don't know how to get the best results
    If you need my upscaled 64x64 icon image resized to 48x48, then here you go (via lanczos3):

Ok, the reason I thought it didn't work last time was because of the cache lol.
    Ah, that's understandable.

The thing is, the icon is already upscaled from a measly 32x32, so I really don't think upscaling 32x32 all the way to 256x256 is really going to look particularly good.

Thank you for all this work.I have a question i just want to play the heaven's feel route, do i have to do the fate and unlimited blade works to unlock the heaven route Or I just play the heaven route form the beginning ?The movie heaven's feel is really slow to come out so i want to play the novel

Quote Originally Posted by BlocTidus View Post
    Thank you for all this work.I have a question i just want to play the heaven's feel route, do i have to do the fate and unlimited blade works to unlock the heaven route Or I just play the heaven route form the beginning ?The movie heaven's feel is really slow to come out so i want to play the novel
    this combines all the routes into one, so you'd have to read the whole thing. if you want to read HF, your better off reading the individual version

found another bug, when i change the font, close the game and open again, the text turns invisible, just when i change to the default font, it show's up again