Page 53 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Lots of important updates. This might seem a bit blunt and straight-to-the-point, but I don't want to make this overly wordy. Some of this was mentioned in a previous post that I've now since deleted because reasons (though now Jack's most recent post is a bit out of place - I believe it was supposed to be in response to my comments saying that "fullrange" color is definitely the correct way to handle the vita-ripped OPs).

1. I sent a PM to Quibi with higher quality MP4 video encodes for the Vita UBW and Vita HF OPs. These were transcoded from the vita-ripped OPs decoded with full color range and nothing else - no filters, no sharpening, no denoising, no color and contrast adjustments, nothing. These will "just work" in "ultimate edition" as-is.

2. Using full color range is very much the correct way to handle the vita-ripped OPs. Jack was previously concerned about it being "too green", but it's actually the entire video that's a bit more saturated which I think might just be down to the much higher video quality retaining the source colors better.

3. I realized that uguu lets you upload files up to 100MB, so here's both the vita-ripped UBW OP and the vita-ripped HF OP that have only had the "fullrange" flag applied and have not been re-encoded (just don't be surprised if playing back these MP4s directly in your web browser results in the "fullrange" color flag being ignored - you'll have to download them and view them in something like mpv or VirtualDub2 instead):

https://web.archive.org/web/20191027...ita_op_ubw.mp4
    https://web.archive.org/web/20191027...vita_op_hf.mp4

Note that these "fullrange"-flagged MP4s have also had their AAC audio gain-leveled so that they may have correct volume for use in "ultimate edition", and I've also added the accorded metadata for information and documentation purposes, therefore you can in fact use them in "ultimate edition" as-is.

...well, if you're able to get "ultimate edition" to actually see and take advantage of the "fullrange" color flag that is, otherwise please use the re-encoded MP4s that I sent Quibi as those should "just work" even in the existing v0.9.1 of "ultimate edition".

4. Speaking of mpv, it turns out that mpv is in fact also able to correctly display the above MP4s with the "fullrange" color flag. This is obviously relevant to us because the alternate method of video playback that we've implemented in "ultimate edition" uses mpv.
    Last edited by NM64; November 9th, 2019 at 02:30 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Apologies for the double-post, but I really wanted to re-ask that the two revised sample HD "mini" images that I made get tested in at least a semi-timely fashion as I'm going to bed now and I'd love to be able to start working on getting all of the revised images and stuff together tomorrow when I wake up in 9 to 10 hours and hopefully finish them before Quibi himself logs off for the day in around 12 to 14 hours.

Here's the links once again for the two revised sample HD "mini" images:

Classic: https://web.archive.org/web/20191026...CtmHgMhNZ.webp

PS2: https://web.archive.org/web/20191026...EZU2zh7QF.webp

Oh and if it wasn't clear, since I've solved the color issues for the vita-ripped OPs, I'll gladly make revised higher-quality large and thumbnail images for Vita UBW and Vita HF...but I really first need to know if my revised sample HD "mini" images are sized correctly!

EDIT: I really want to apologize for sounding so naggy with regards to asking for my sample HD "mini" images to be tested - I had even shut of my computer and went to the bathroom fully getting ready for bed when I felt like I needed to turn my PC back on and type up this apology for acting so naggy.

As you may or may not know, I was really relieved to be done with all of this (at least for a while) after the first revision, so I'm really looking forward to just being done with all of this OP and image stuff for real this time, so the sooner it can all be done (and done properly nonetheless!) the better.

10-hour later edit: so much for me trying to be proactive...it was my impression that this takes all of a single minute to test - am I wrong?
    Last edited by NM64; October 27th, 2019 at 03:39 PM.

I don't have the current build yet so I can't test it, sorry. I haven't seen Quibi around for a bit so maybe he's busy. Sorry I can't help more in this case.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Hey Jack, in the meantime I looked into the vita-ripped OPs's color differences a bit more and it turns out that displaying the vita-ripped Fate OP with full color not only looks stupidly like the mobile-ripped version, but actually looks even more stupidly like the Blu-ray!

It's when comparing those three that it becomes apparent that the mobile-ripped OPs have a color temperature that's a bit more red while the Blu-ray and vita-ripped OPs are a teeny bit more green (this is most noticeable on Fuji-nee's scene - she looks quite a bit more red in the mobile-ripped Fate OP vs the Blu-ray and vita-ripped Fate OPs).

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I haven't seen Quibi around for a bit so maybe he's busy.
    Unfortunately he was online for...I dunno, maybe an hour or so last night around 15 hours ago (which itself was about 8 hours after I originally inquired him to test said sample HD "mini" images), so I don't know either. This is in fact a major reason why I made my post again because I thought that maybe he missed it the first time, but of course now he hasn't logged in for over 12 hours...
    Last edited by NM64; October 27th, 2019 at 04:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    I saw your past late last night, with the intention of looking into it this evening.
    I think I mentioned I started working so I'm more busy.

Anyway, tested the new thumbnails and they're working great.
    I don't know of a way to display the videos with the corrected color scheme, so we'll be using the re-encoded ones (downloading them atm...)

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I saw your past late last night, with the intention of looking into it this evening.
    ...European / South Africa timezone, right? Because it's only 17:00/5pm here.

Anyway, tested the new thumbnails and they're working great.
    Alright!

...though unfortunately, due to the later response, I really doubt I'll be able to get all the stuff together now in time before you go to bed. You'll probably have to retrieve my finished images once you wake up in ~7 hours.

I don't know of a way to display the videos with the corrected color scheme, so we'll be using the re-encoded ones (downloading them atm...)
    I figured it wouldn't be possible currently, but I was thinking that maybe uyjulian's mpv method could use it or something if a future version ends up using that method of video playback by default.

It can be forced manually by using -videosubsystem=mpv command line argument.

Currently, it is only selected automatically if you are using Wine and mpv is found in the same directory as the game.
    Currently, it is selectable in the menus if mpv is found in the same directory as the game.

---

little tidbit: Google Cloud Platform provides a free tier
    Google App Engine supports Node.js and has 5GB of cloud storage, 1GB of egress per day, and 100 emails per day

It would be nice to provide an automated error reporting system in the future.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; October 27th, 2019 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Hey Jack, in the meantime I looked into the vita-ripped OPs's color differences a bit more and it turns out that displaying the vita-ripped Fate OP with full color not only looks stupidly like the mobile-ripped version, but actually looks even more stupidly like the Blu-ray!

It's when comparing those three that it becomes apparent that the mobile-ripped OPs have a color temperature that's a bit more red while the Blu-ray and vita-ripped OPs are a teeny bit more green (this is most noticeable on Fuji-nee's scene - she looks quite a bit more red in the mobile-ripped Fate OP vs the Blu-ray and vita-ripped Fate OPs).

So just to be clear, the links you posted to uploads of them are the OPs with full color applied correct?
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

So just to be clear, the links you posted to uploads of them are the OPs with full color applied correct?
    There are two versions - both have full color range, but applied in two very different ways.

For the ones posted in this thread and hosted on archive.org, there is nothing actually altered in the physical video stream itself - only some metadata was applied that flags the video stream to be displayed with fullrange color. These videos will only display correctly in software that understands said flags, such as mpv and VirtualDub2; "ultimate edition" at this current time does not understand these flags (though it might when using uyjulian's mpv video fallback option).

For the ones I PM'd Quibi that are hosted on mega, the actual video stream has been re-encoded via x264 in a lossy manner (though I have lossless re-encoded copies stored on a spare drive...though technically performing colorspace conversion isn't lossless, but whatever) so that the full color range is preserved even when being displayed at h264's default limited color range (technically it's not 100% preserved as this process essentially cuts the bitdepth down a little bit). For this reason, the colors will display correctly in any player that supports h.264, including "ultimate edition".

If you'd like, I can send you the links for the lossy re-encoded videos hosted on mega if you don't want to wait for the next version of "ultimate edition" to get your hands on them.
    Last edited by NM64; October 27th, 2019 at 09:43 PM.

Yeah I'd like that thanks.
    Memorable quotes

Since Beast's Lair was down last night, I was unable to post the updated images. (perhaps it was server maintenance? BL was being a pain the last two days with lots of timeouts and double-posts/edits and such, so hopefully it won't be a pain anymore)

The updated images can be found here:
    ******************#F!EHRWBSpA!2UGPbzCDTXb9i5EDrM561g

Just like last time, there's also a package of everything in an encrypted 7z archive for both convenience and paranoia reasons as well; its password is:

Code:
    because Jack likes going MIA

Note that this MEGA folder and its contents may look very similar to the one I previously shared, but I can assure you that many things have been corrected and revamped, so it'd be best to just forget about and delete the previous images that I had originally shared.

Yeah I'd like that thanks.
    You can find it in the email I sent to you as my attempt of a backup plan when Beast's Lair was down last night, but I can still send them via PM if you'd prefer.
    Last edited by NM64; October 28th, 2019 at 03:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    It looks great, thanks.

Random quick question:

I realized recently that the "h patch", well, patch is required in order to have mature content at all even if using the RN-alt non-h scenes.

Is this in fact correct and intentional?

Blog Entries
    Not intentional. But it's already fixed for the next version.

Oh well then technically, if you wanted, you could make the H-patch a separate download from the installer, that way "ultimate edition" could be listed at being 15+ or 17+ rather than 18+ on VNDB.

(emphasis on the ":P" since I don't think anyone other than me actually cares about such things)

I have a feeling that, in general anyway, the people who care about that sort of thing on the consumer end (not the end where you're thinking about PR) don't check that on VNDB, or likely even know VNDB is a thing.

More importantly, which of the following has the most accurate ETAs when it comes to product release dates?:

• Valve
    • 3D Realms
    • Elon Musk
    • Quibi

Blog Entries
    It can't be helped.

It can't be helped.
    I'm just poking fun at you at this point. I've already made my peace with how late and stuff this thing is and don't really care anymore.

Though if it takes too too long, then I suppose Tanner may get to the point of being "done" with F/sn may not see it being worth it to revisit just for what may or may not amount to just a couple minutes of extras.
    Last edited by NM64; October 31st, 2019 at 02:20 AM.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    wait, isn't this version separated from the H scenes till patched by default already?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform