Page 64 of 143 FirstFirst ... 14545962636465666974114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

becuz they have suport?

High Im new to the series and Im trying to set up the VN for mac os on Wine. Problem is when I am merging the files and its in the final stages of copying I keep running into the error 'C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\lav_filter s\\avcodec-lav-56.dll' with my username obviously being omitted.

Im not sure if it is a problem with the original download of the files itself since i had to use the wayback machine to access the original torrent or if its something with my mac itself. I found a similar case such as mine as one of the last posts on reddit before the thread was archived, and tried asking there but my post was immediately removed by moderators on the general fate subreddit.

The Following is what I found.

I don't know if it's a bug, but the installer ran with wine was looking for files in a nonexistent folder in "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp" and "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\lav_filter s". It was looking for files from LAVFilters v0.66 (at least I think so, because of the avcodec-lav-56.dll). It was also looking for "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\exes\\Fate .exe", which was located in "C:\\users\\dareka826\\Temp\\_MEI82\\exes\\Fate.ex e". It all worked when I copied contents of "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82" to "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp" and extracted LAVFilters-0.66-x86.zip to "C:\\users\\dareka826\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\lav_filte rs\". I don't know if copying all of the files from _MEI82 to xp was necessary, but it worked. My wine version is 4.13 staging, prefix is 32bit and wine windows version is windows 7. OS is a 64 bit Arch Linux installation. I hope this information is useful.

Any help would be appreciated because I really want to get into fate and this seems the best and simplest way compared to the anime which is super confusing about how i should get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Datlambo458 View Post
    High Im new to the series and Im trying to set up the VN for mac os on Wine. Problem is when I am merging the files and its in the final stages of copying I keep running into the error 'C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\lav_filter s\\avcodec-lav-56.dll' with my username obviously being omitted.

Im not sure if it is a problem with the original download of the files itself since i had to use the wayback machine to access the original torrent or if its something with my mac itself. I found a similar case such as mine as one of the last posts on reddit before the thread was archived, and tried asking there but my post was immediately removed by moderators on the general fate subreddit.

The Following is what I found.

I don't know if it's a bug, but the installer ran with wine was looking for files in a nonexistent folder in "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp" and "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\lav_filter s". It was looking for files from LAVFilters v0.66 (at least I think so, because of the avcodec-lav-56.dll). It was also looking for "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\exes\\Fate .exe", which was located in "C:\\users\\dareka826\\Temp\\_MEI82\\exes\\Fate.ex e". It all worked when I copied contents of "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82" to "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp" and extracted LAVFilters-0.66-x86.zip to "C:\\users\\dareka826\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\lav_filte rs". I don't know if copying all of the files from _MEI82 to xp was necessary, but it worked. My wine version is 4.13 staging, prefix is 32bit and wine windows version is windows 7. OS is a 64 bit Arch Linux installation. I hope this information is useful.

Any help would be appreciated because I really want to get into fate and this seems the best and simplest way compared to the anime which is super confusing about how i should get in.
    This issue is known and will be fixed in the next version.

After you run into the error, force quit the application (do NOT click cancel), download and extract https://github.com/krkrz/krkrz/relea..._20171225r2.7z using The Unarchiver or Keka, put "tvpwin32.exe" in the same directory as "data.xp3", "voice.xp3", "patch.xp3" etc., then run "tvpwin32.exe"

It works!!!

This is hopefully my final question, when i load in the start menu is just the opening to the game without any hub or the like, is it supposed to be there or do i need to put specific commands into my keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Datlambo458 View Post
    It works!!!

This is hopefully my final question, when i load in the start menu is just the opening to the game without any hub or the like, is it supposed to be there or do i need to put specific commands into my keyboard?
    It is supposed to open straight into the game.

I'm curious when recently I discovered that F/SN has a vulnerablility. CVE-2015-5672 JVNDB-2015-000174 JVN#80144272
    https://web.archive.org/web/20161104...ity150902.html
    TYPE MOON don't want to patch it, so I guess it is impossible to correct this exploit?

EDIT: Probably impossible if the discoverer of the exploit himself never wrote a write up.
    Last edited by bugmenot; February 19th, 2020 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    I'm curious when recently I discovered that F/SN has a vulnerablility. CVE-2015-5672 JVNDB-2015-000174 JVN#80144272https://web.archive.org/web/20161104...ity150902.htmlTYPE MOON don't want to patch it, so I guess it is impossible to correct this exploit?EDIT: Probably impossible if the discoverer of the exploit himself never wrote a write up.
    It's probably related to eval. Someone could most likely do
    Code:
    %[System.shellExecute("calc.exe")]
    inside the save data and cause a program to be executed.However, for Kirikiri Z, there is a feature that will prevent this from occurring.
    Code:
    (const)%[System.shellExecute("calc.exe")]
    This will cause an error and prevent the code from executing.

Any date for when next update will release?

Quote Originally Posted by Arilando View Post
    Any date for when next update will release?
    Sorry, there is no date for when the next update will release.

I messed up with the Ultimate edition download, which resulted me in deleting all the files and reinstalling. Now, I cannot get it to work anymore. I don't get the shortcut in the desktop nor do I get the option of selecting the folders for each route. I cannot find a way to uninstall the files associated with it so I can open it like the first time. What do I do?

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    ...since I wasn't obvious enough in the intent of my previous post, I'll be more blunt - from where are all of these new people coming from? This is not a complaint, I just want to understand because AFAIK this project or its predecessor has never had such a sudden influx of new users.

If anything it's probably helping motivate me to want to get back into the groove of things, but I cannot do so just yet (got some family stuff on Saturday to deal with first, then we'll see how tired/exhausted I am after that and how long it'll take me to recover).

Speaking of which, uyjulian, has there been any update to the beta for testing the elusive next version that you could "hook me up with"? I'm just thinking that the existing beta that Quibi linked me is now two months old, and while he and others haven't been active in this thread, the commits log on the Bitbucket had still been very active up until around a week ago when a branch got merged.

Quote Originally Posted by summersalter View Post
    I cannot find a way to uninstall the files associated with it so I can open it like the first time. What do I do?
    Isn't that just a case of needing to run the uninstaller, but that ended up being deleting with all of the other stuff? (see I told you guys the uninstaller should be made available in the first post )

Here, the following copy of the uninstaller was shared by Anonamous back in March of last year:
    *****************************file/24q2j...llers.zip/file

And protip: in the future, perhaps try selecting a portable install? That should then avoid this issue completely and can just be deleted without any sort of proper uninstalling.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

I messed up with the Ultimate edition download, which resulted me in deleting all the files and reinstalling. Now, I cannot get it to work anymore. I don't get the shortcut in the desktop nor do I get the option of selecting the folders for each route. I cannot find a way to uninstall the files associated with it so I can open it like the first time. What do I do?
    1. Press Windows-R on your keyboard
    2. Type in "regedit.exe", then press enter
    3. Expand either "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" or "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" , depending if you installed it for all users or just the current user.
    4. Expand the tree: "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninsta ll\Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]".
    5. Highlight "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]"
    6. Hit the Delete key on your keyboard.
    7. Confirm the dialog box.
    8. Close regedit.exe.
    9. Attempt reinstallation of the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    ...since I wasn't obvious enough in the intent of my previous post, I'll be more blunt - from where are all of these new people coming from? This is not a complaint, I just want to understand because AFAIK this project or its predecessor has never had such a sudden influx of new users.
    It would be nice if the forum logged referral headers so we know where people are coming from...
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Speaking of which, uyjulian, has there been any update to the beta for testing the elusive next version that you could "hook me up with"? I'm just thinking that the existing beta that Quibi linked me is now two months old, and while he and others haven't been active in this thread, the commits log on the Bitbucket had still been very active up until around a week ago when a branch got merged.
    Currently, there has not been any new build of the patch by Quibi.

Also, my build environment is currently not set up to create builds of the patch (currently, it's an ugly hybrid of symlinks to the repository and old builds of the patch). I plan to do that at a later time.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; February 20th, 2020 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Currently, there has not been any new build of the patch by Quibi.
    That's really unfortunate, because it doesn't feel that wise to be testing and/or reporting on things that for all I know could very well have already been completely resolved and therefore just generally being a waste of time and effort on my part.

Now I kind of feel like maybe it wouldn't be wise for me to get "back in the swing of things" until a new build can be made...

Blog Entries
    I'll provide an updated build this weekend.
    I've been meaning to release a version already but I've been kinda of busy lately.
    But it's gonna be soon. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I'll provide an updated build this weekend.
    Just to clarify, would this in fact be the merged branch I saw on the commits log from 2020‑02‑10?

And please tell me it'll contain the updated Vita HF OP that I provided to you literally (not figuratively) hours after you PM'd me that previous build.

(the real kicker is that I rendered the video a night or two before I actually sent it to you >_<)

When I start the VN it gives me a dialog box that tells me to select XP3 file, what should I select? It seems to give me an error after.

When I start the VN it gives me a dialog box that tells me to select XP3 file, what should I select? It seems to give me an error after.
    Ensure that "data.xp3" is in the same directory as "Fate.exe".

If that is not the case, reinstall the patch.

I reinstalled it and now it won't launch at all. What do I do?

I reinstalled it and now it won't launch at all. What do I do?
    Open a Windows Explorer window to the folder containing the game, then click on "File".

Click on "Open Command Prompt".

Type in "Fate.exe" and press enter.

Once the console output has stopped, right click, then click Select All.

Once the text has been highlighted, right click again to copy the text to your clipboard.

Open pastebin.com in your web browser.

Paste the contents into the box.

Scroll down and click "Create new paste".

Copy the link from the URL bar.

Post the URL in this forum.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; February 21st, 2020 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    It's probably related to eval. Someone could most likely do
    Code:
    %[System.shellExecute("calc.exe")]
    inside the save data and cause a program to be executed.However, for Kirikiri Z, there is a feature that will prevent this from occurring.
    Code:
    (const)%[System.shellExecute("calc.exe")]
    This will cause an error and prevent the code from executing.
    Ooh, interesting. I just realized I think this exploit also applies to the Original Realta Nua release.
    Never though the ultimate edition was exported with another scripting engine, that is Kirikiri Z.