Page 10 of 143 FirstFirst ... 589101112152060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Please help, I can't select the source folders on the setup. I'm on Windows 7.

https://prnt.sc/moqnm3

I already tried "disabling display scaling on high DPI settings" as you guys mentioned to Saber Alter (who had the same problem), but that check box is grayed out for me. And since the text isn't actually large, I believe I'm having this problem for a different reason.

I tried it... but I do not end up liking it, also I really appreciate the effort, but I do not end up liking it, I'm sorry, I guess I'll take the previous one...

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    Please help, I can't select the source folders on the setup. I'm on Windows 7.

https://prnt.sc/moqnm3

I already tried "disabling display scaling on high DPI settings" as you guys mentioned to Saber Alter (who had the same problem), but that check box is grayed out for me. And since the text isn't actually large, I believe I'm having this problem for a different reason.
    Use the display settings to set the resolution scaling to 100%.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarioxd123 View Post
    I tried it... but I do not end up liking it, also I really appreciate the effort, but I do not end up liking it, I'm sorry, I guess I'll take the previous one...
    Could you elaborate on what it is you do not like in this version?

Outside of some things that I generally feel to be quite minor, one should be able to easily recreate the experience of any of the previously-existing versions via the various toggle settings and switches. Do you need some help and insight on what settings need to be set to what in order to recreate a specific previously-existing version of Fate/stay night?

The minor things that AFAIK will be different no matter what you set the settings to are:

• bugs/glitches
    • requirement for newer OSes
    • no auto-changing of your display resolution to 800x600 for fullscreen (though, for PC-DL RN, this only occurred if you were running a 4:3 aspect resolution)
    • being forced to use a single EXEs for all 3 routes (though that matches how the original 2004 VN anyway)
    • not having the ability to automatically play the 2004 OPs after the prologue
    • title screen that changes more frequently with more background images
    • different-looking "History" menu
    • presence of a "Relationship" menu
    • plot-branch choices looking like how they did in Realta Nua rather than the original 2004 PC version
    • Tiger stamps being clickable to show the according scene directly

EDIT:.....hey, there's an idea for a future version - a setting that automatically changes all relevant settings to how they would need to be to perfectly re-create the the according version of Fate/stay night.

In other words, preset settings for "original 2004 PC", "PS2", "Vita", "PC digital download", and "Mobile" (the latter of which we cannot perfectly recreate for obvious reasons).

EDIT 2: Wait a minute, a kind of big-deal thing that some people (myself somewhat included) might have emotional attachment to are the musical changes that all versions of Realta Nua made (so that being every single version of Fate/stay night except the original 2004 version) compared to the original 2004 PC version.

However, if this is the issue you have with the Ultimate Edition, then that's not really the fault of "Ultimate Edition" as it is in fact titled [Realta Nua], and all versions of Realta Nua use those musical changes.

Theoretically it'd probably be possible to disable the extra Realta Nua music altogether, but that would probably be quite the undertaking since, for some scenes, it involves just having no music (like the very first scene in the prologue) while in others it involves having it play a different song instead (such as with the schoolyard Archer vs Lancer fight).
    Last edited by NM64; February 22nd, 2019 at 04:03 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Use the display settings to set the resolution scaling to 100%.

Thanks, that worked out for me. I completely forgot I've changed that resolution scaling thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    Thanks, that worked out for me. I completely forgot I've changed that resolution scaling thing...
    For reference, "disabling display scaling on high DPI settings" is kind of supposed to do the same thing - no idea why it's greyed out however as I'm also on Win7 and it certainly isn't greyed out for me...

And just so you're aware, the VN itself (rather than the installer) should run fine with DPI scaling set to whatever (it worked fine on my HTPC set to 200% DPI back when I tested it around a month ago), so you shouldn't need to keep things set to 100% DPI scaling after you've run the installer once.

(the kicker is that I might have caught the DPI scaling bug in the installer before release if I could actually run the installer on my HTPC, but my HTPC has a borked installation of c++ 2015 that prevents the installer from running...so instead the only thing I could do, outside of a complete OS re-installation, was to run the VN directly via a pre-existing portable installation)

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    And just so you're aware, the VN itself (rather than the installer) should run fine with DPI scaling set to whatever (it worked fine on my HTPC set to 200% DPI back when I tested it around a month ago), so you shouldn't need to keep things set to 100% DPI scaling after you've run the installer once.
    Yeah, I changed it back to 150% after the installation and the VN is running just fine.

EDIT:.....hey, there's an idea for a future version - a setting that automatically changes all relevant settings to how they would need to be to perfectly re-create the the according version of Fate/stay night.

In other words, preset settings for "original 2004 PC", "PS2", "Vita", "PC digital download", and "Mobile" (the latter of which we cannot perfectly recreate for obvious reasons).
    I do like that idea but I don't see it being feasible necessarily.

EDIT 2: Wait a minute, a kind of big-deal thing that some people (myself somewhat included) might have emotional attachment to are the musical changes that all versions of Realta Nua made (so that being every single version of Fate/stay night except the original 2004 version) compared to the original 2004 PC version.

However, if this is the issue you have with the Ultimate Edition, then that's not really the fault of "Ultimate Edition" as it is in fact titled [Realta Nua], and all versions of Realta Nua use those musical changes.

Theoretically it'd probably be possible to disable the extra Realta Nua music altogether, but that would probably be quite the undertaking since, for some scenes, it involves just having no music (like the very first scene in the prologue) while in others it involves having it play a different song instead (such as with the schoolyard Archer vs Lancer fight).
    Okay so I should note that back in the like the very first iteration of it (basically before Waku Waku handed the project over to me officially) I did do some change backs to the music placements myself. As it currently stands (though I have not gone through the files to verify), those changes should apply to the mixed setting and not the other two. So if we follow that logic, perhaps we could make two versions of classic mode, one with RN music and one without it.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    those changes should apply to the mixed setting and not the other two. So if we follow that logic, perhaps we could make two versions of classic mode, one with RN music and one without it.
    I'm not entirely sure what this "mixed" setting is that you're referring to (the only one I'm aware of is for "Textual content"), but I would think that the method that makes the most sense would be to simply use the BGM configuration settings.

My idea is to make a new column that is simply titled something like "Realta Nua", "RN", "PC Realta Nua", or "PC RN", and move all of the Realta Nua-exclusive songs that were categorized under "original" to this new "RN" category.

Then, the key is that, for each RN-exclusive song, rather than simply not having a button at all for the "Original" category, it would instead have a button that says something like "Off", "Disable", or "Disabled". Therefore, if you click the "Original" button for the 'All' header, you will get all of the 2004 songs while the RN-exclusive songs will actually have "Off" be selected (I'm a little bit iffy on the term "Off" since it may make it seem like no song will play, which only happens in some scenes - having it say something like "Disabled" would be more accurate overall since there are obviously situations where a different song would instead play).

...and I just realized, for button labeling consistency with the window configuration, shouldn't both the "BGM" and "Voices" buttons actually say "Modify"? I mean, they're already categorized as being with music and voices accordingly, and maybe it's just me, but the current labels just don't make it clear to me that they are in fact actual "Modification" buttons and almost kind of just look like category headers - in fact I only just located the voice selection setting as I was typing up this post!

Also I still need to see what PS2 songs are actually different compared to the PC Realta Nua versions and then remove all the PS2 songs that aren't. As I mentioned in the old thread, this shouldn't be something all that difficult, but it may be a bit time-consuming.

EDIT 2: Wait a minute, a kind of big-deal thing that some people (myself somewhat included) might have emotional attachment to are the musical changes that all versions of Realta Nua made (so that being every single version of Fate/stay night except the original 2004 version) compared to the original 2004 PC version.However, if this is the issue you have with the Ultimate Edition, then that's not really the fault of "Ultimate Edition" as it is in fact titled [Realta Nua], and all versions of Realta Nua use those musical changes.Theoretically it'd probably be possible to disable the extra Realta Nua music altogether, but that would probably be quite the undertaking since, for some scenes, it involves just having no music (like the very first scene in the prologue) while in others it involves having it play a different song instead (such as with the schoolyard Archer vs Lancer fight).
    I literally sent you a version of the patch_vita_ost.xp3 that had the classic portion of the music menu and music option menu enabled weeks ago. Those are the 2004 version tracks.EDIT: That link is probably no longer valid so if you want it I can just rebuild it.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I literally sent you a version of the patch_vita_ost.xp3 that had the classic portion of the music menu and music option menu enabled weeks ago. Those are the 2004 version tracks.
    Uhhh...no you didn't? Maybe you meant to quote Jack and not me? I mean, all of the files you linked me to have just been installer and patch.xp3 stuff.

Unless it was combined with one of those, in which case I never noticed that such functionality was only in that specific patch and not in subsequent versions.

Uhhh...no you didn't? Maybe you meant to quote Jack and not me? I mean, all of the files you linked me to have just been installer and patch.xp3 stuff.

Unless it was combined with one of those, in which case I never noticed that such functionality was only in that specific patch and not in subsequent versions.
    January 9, 2019 4:57PM lol

I'll resend it when I have something for you to try to break. Hopefully by the end of the night or tomorrow.

January 9, 2019 4:57PM lol
    I think I know what happened - I didn't even get around to doing any testing after Jack ended up sending me a newer patch the following week or so, so I ended up just using that instead.

I literally sent you a version of the patch_vita_ost.xp3 that had the classic portion of the music menu and music option menu enabled weeks ago. Those are the 2004 version tracks.EDIT: That link is probably no longer valid so if you want it I can just rebuild it.
    Is that what that was? Those files didn't make any sense to me so I just got rid of them, send them my way again please.

I'm not 100% sure we're all on the same page here but I'll run your files just to see what the result is.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Have you by any chance extracted the HD-CGs from "saber.dat" and the other two routes' .dat files of Réalta Nua's Android version? Because I'm trying to edit those files to translate the game in Italian, but I don't know how to do it.

Is that what that was? Those files didn't make any sense to me so I just got rid of them, send them my way again please.

I'm not 100% sure we're all on the same page here but I'll run your files just to see what the result is.
    All you have to do is take the 2004 bgm off and slide files, append _classic to their names (ex: bgm01_classic.ogg) and add them to the vita_ost patch. The menu and buttons are already there and functional just disabled when not found.

Also Quibi pointed me in the direction of a fix for the high dpi problem with the installer. Im not able to test it though because my laptop display resolution isn't high enough. It will be in the next version of the installer which should make things easier for both us and the end users going forward. I wanted to finish up a demo of it last night but fell asleep. Will hopefully complete it after finishing up some homework today. Then once NM64 is unable to break it anymore we can put these changes out I think.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 23rd, 2019 at 11:39 AM.

Speaking of Quibi, I don't suppose the window sizing option "fixed size" is supposed to toggle that elusive "intermediate aspect ratios" function (ratios between 16:9 and 4:3) that he implemented but didn't expose?

I ask because, AFAICT, that setting seems to do absolutely nothing in its current state...and because I really want intermediate aspect ratio support. (back when Quibi initially worked to implement widescreen support years ago, I had been kind of insistent on it also supporting intermediate aspect ratios)

Im not able to test it though because my laptop display resolution isn't high enough.
    Even a 768p display can run with 150% DPI scaling since the installer window itself is pretty small (that it, it can fit on an effective 512p display without issue).

All you have to do is take the 2004 bgm off and slide files, append _classic to their names (ex: bgm01_classic.ogg) and add them to the vita_ost patch. The menu and buttons are already there and functional just disabled when not found.

Okay, we're definitely on different pages then. I added all of it back in (note: Footsteps of Destruction seems to get borked along the way) and all it did was basically make it as though I had everything set to "original". RN added music placements like Deep Slumber in the first scene in the Prologue all still happen.

What Nintendo Maniac was describing is musical placements, and setting up a version where the placements are those of 2004 FSN.

Now in my case, as the track placements changes aren't 1 to 1 swap in and outs of old tracks and sometimes they're adding music where there is none, I find using the actual BGM menu to be a bit clunky for this. Currently there is some music placement adjustments that occur in the textual content switch if you used mixed. Example, in the prologue when Rin finds Shirou's body in the hallway, the original game played Ever Present Feeling, but RN played Deep Slumber. If you have mixed on then it will play Ever Present Feeling. This does not happen consistently though as it was basically just a slight fanservice Easter egg thing from before I was the actual head of the project (so like.....waaaaaaaaaay back when). My idea is we triple the options in textual content to have a version that is just text and a version that is text and music placement. So as an example "Classic/Classic" "Classic/Mixed" "Classic/RN" "Mixed/Classic" "Mixed/Mixed" "Mixed/RN" "RN/Classic "RN/Mixed" "RN/RN"

The drawback of this system is it limits choice to a certain extent. As an example, over the years I've learned that a lot of people like Clashing Souls way more than I do and identify it strongly with Archer vs Lancer, I never did and thus never bothered restoring it in. So in a sense I like the idea of being able to give users more micro-managey choices like that, I just don't have any vision for how we could possibly parse the logistics of that.

What does the rest of the team think of this situation?
    Memorable quotes

Okay, we're definitely on different pages then. I added all of it back in (note: Footsteps of Destruction seems to get borked along the way) and all it did was basically make it as though I had everything set to "original". RN added music placements like Deep Slumber in the first scene in the Prologue all still happen.

What Nintendo Maniac was describing is musical placements, and setting up a version where the placements are those of 2004 FSN.

Now in my case, as the track placements changes aren't 1 to 1 swap in and outs of old tracks and sometimes they're adding music where there is none, I find using the actual BGM menu to be a bit clunky for this. Currently there is some music placement adjustments that occur in the textual content switch if you used mixed. Example, in the prologue when Rin finds Shirou's body in the hallway, the original game played Ever Present Feeling, but RN played Deep Slumber. If you have mixed on then it will play Ever Present Feeling. This does not happen consistently though as it was basically just a slight fanservice Easter egg thing from before I was the actual head of the project (so like.....waaaaaaaaaay back when). My idea is we triple the options in textual content to have a version that is just text and a version that is text and music placement. So as an example "Classic/Classic" "Classic/Mixed" "Classic/RN" "Mixed/Classic" "Mixed/Mixed" "Mixed/RN" "RN/Classic "RN/Mixed" "RN/RN"

The drawback of this system is it limits choice to a certain extent. As an example, over the years I've learned that a lot of people like Clashing Souls way more than I do and identify it strongly with Archer vs Lancer, I never did and thus never bothered restoring it in. So in a sense I like the idea of being able to give users more micro-managey choices like that, I just don't have any vision for how we could possibly parse the logistics of that.

What does the rest of the team think of this situation?
    Oh ok I misunderstood lol

Currently there is some music placement adjustments that occur in the textual content switch if you used mixed.
    Oh so that's what you meant by "mixed" - I had no idea that this was occurring.

My idea is we triple the options in textual content to have a version that is just text and a version that is text and music placement. So as an example "Classic/Classic" "Classic/Mixed" "Classic/RN" "Mixed/Classic" "Mixed/Mixed" "Mixed/RN" "RN/Classic "RN/Mixed" "RN/RN"
    ...why wouldn't you just add a second menu category for "Music placement" (or whatever it gets named as)? That way you only need to add twice as many options rather than three times as many.

That is, you'd have the current "Textual content" settings left as-is, and then in the same "Patch" menu you'd also have "Music placement" settings.

(personally I think a more accurate term to use would be something more along the lines of "Musical content", "Music content", "Music choice", "Music use", or "Music selection")