Page 1 of 49 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Pulse: Mugen No Sekai [OoC]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Spirit Pulse: Mugen No Sekai [OoC]

...A fatal error has been detected.

To the world which has strayed from the decree of the creator, there is only a single fate left to you.

Ensnared by the words of your enemy, this cursed possibility shall lead only to your own ruin.

But worry not.

For our plans were far and all-encompassing.

You will be rescued from yourselves.

The ‘you’ that has strayed from the judgement of stars, shall leave no trace of your existence.

The ‘you’ that remains will be saved.

And this world that should have never been born...

Will return to the uninterrupted beauty of paradise.

If you think you can, then just try it.

The World isn’t so weak as to fall to tyrants like you.

Spirit Pulse
    -Mugen No Sekai-

A story that continues beyond the trap of time

A circle that closed eternally has finally been left open

But not in the way that was desired

It denied a certain intention

Becoming an error in reality that this world calls “Happiness”

To those lost long ago, it cannot be called happiness, nor can it be called the truth

But what is the truth?

Is it life?

Is it death?

If it it a truth that will bring nothing but harm to you and others, then it is not a truth worth following

Decided by someone else, such a thing can only be called an illusion

So

Reject what you must

Protect what was chosen

Harness the true power of those that exist below

To forge a “Truth” of their own creation

---

Premise

Over a decade after the events of Ga Rei: Exodus Nine, the Conception has passed and the time loop has been broken, and due to the bizarre nature of the final battle, the world has been recreated in a way that would enable everyone to exist together, be they human or demonic in nature. As a result, the existence of the supernatural has become common knowledge amongst the people of the world, with every being in the new reality possessing at least a weak form of sixth sense, as well as varying degrees of spiritual power, in order to function on a more balanced level with their more supernatural counterparts.

With the known resurgence of supernatural beings in the world, as well as the newfound understanding that this peace was most likely to be temporary if something wasn’t done to preserve it, humanity has shown a surge of people stepping forward to take the place of both the exorcists and demon summoners of the past, utilizing a combination of technology and magic to boost the powers of these new "hybrid" summoners to levels that are capable of keeping the peace between the world's mundane and more supernatural inhabitants.

With the advent of these Spirit Tamers, the use of tamed Demons and magic has become more and more commonplace by government and police organizations all around the world; the effects of crime and natural disasters have greatly diminished thanks to the world’s newfound understanding of magic, and while some rogue demons or magically inclined humans occasionally cause trouble here and there, it seems that humanity’s increased strength has made it possible for a more mutually beneficial coexistence to exist in this world than in any world that has come before it.

Spirit Pulse is a shonen roleplay where you will take on the role of a Spirit Tamer of one of four organizations within this new Magic Era, and work to become a “Guardian of the New World.” While the main story-line will begin with the emergence of a strange city at the North Pole, and the start of a cross-faction assignment to deal with it, your ‘normal’ everyday life as a Spirit Tamer will also bear a prominent role within the story, and challenges both mundane and supernatural are certainly waiting for you in the future...

The maze of life is filled with many things, the uncertainty of friendships, the inheritance of duty from one’s predecessors, the desire to stand out from amongst others, the hardships that come with trying to understand someone or something that may be “fundamentally different,” from you, the consequences that come with both victory and defeat in all aspects of life, and the understanding that one must face those consequences without faltering...

Life is flawed and never stays easy or convenient, but the beauty of that story filled with struggle... That is something that exists even in a world that has taken itself even further into fantasy.

This is the story of the new Guardians of “The World.”

Welcome back.

Or perhaps.

It is nice to finally meet you.

---

Here is the rule-book.

Special thanks to hero (who has put up with my constant pestering for awhile, and has influenced the system greatly), as well as Pala, KT, and Verg, who have similarly dealt with my need to show people things I'm working on in their earlier stages, and who have given feedback when I've asked for it.

While I've made it clear it's existed for awhile, I realized earlier that I'll just nitpick my own rule-book to death forever if left to my own devices, so I'll post it now before heading off to work. As the premise makes clear this is connected to my previous work "Exodus Nine." While an intensive knowledge of that RP isn't strictly necessary for participating here, if people have questions about some of the terminology used in the rule-book in regards to that story (such as what the Kyuubi Incident is) I'll be happy to explain it here later on. (Or a previous player might chime in before I do, who knows?)

In addition to that, if there are any questions or doubts regarding character creation, feel free to contact me or post in the thread. I've messed around with the rule-book so much that I'm sure questions will inevitably pop up, but we'll work through it as a team-! Those who had read earlier versions of the rule-book will want to give this one a read as well, as a number of changes and world-building aspects may have been added since your previous look.

Number of players? Dunno.

Deadline? Dunno yet.

As far as selection goes, an enjoyable fleshed out character that can exist in both social and battle situations would be ideal, as this is planned to be structured much like a Persona title; not just the main protagonist (the human PC), but the A.I as well, as there may be times when you control strictly them for periods. Rather than an afterthought, they should be thought of as a Deuteragonist for your PC.

Past posting history will also be taken somewhat into account, as I'd like to avoid the rather bizarre exodus (hyuu) that happened halfway through Exodus Nine.

I likely won't be able to answer any questions until this afternoon due to previous engagements, but I will be officially accepting sheets from this point onwards.

I also like posting these threads at very bizarre times without warning.

EDIT: Bonus Question for my Exodus Nine Players (even if they don't apply.) Would you like your old PCs to make appearances here (allowing them to cameo and story feature, but also putting their happy ending at risk) or simply exist off-screen but be more secure in their fate?

Challengers

1.) Palad1n
    2.) Hero
    3.) Frantic
    4.) Verg
    5.) Toby
    6.) KT
    7.) Bloble
    8.) Drac
    9.) Kuro
    10.) Hermes
    11.) Tang
    12.) Bylackbre
    13.) Morm
    14.) Spinach
    15.) Hikari
    16.) Zurv
    17.) Sat
    18.) Rafflesiac
    19.) Mooncake
    20.) Race
    21.) Neko
    Last edited by Airen; March 27th, 2019 at 06:14 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

>thread goes up while I'm away from the computer

Blog Entries
    For some reason I can’t get the rule book to pull up. Not sure if my phone is just having trouble loading the doc
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

works on my end

mhmm, this could be interesting

IT
    BEGINS
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    I have never created a character this bizarre, and I havent even finished yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA.

Blog Entries
    i was asleep

edit: it's not mika if she doesn't job

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Its time for the revenge match

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As for your bonus question: clearly Medrod hasn't suffered enough, so feel free to use him... As long as the old characters aren't just there to die in one scene to show off the villains powerlevels :V

Medrod temporarily drives off plot-powered villains, but is left in a coma!

A best selling twist!
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    As for your bonus question: clearly Medrod hasn't suffered enough, so feel free to use him... As long as the old characters aren't just there to die in one scene to show off the villains powerlevels :V

>implying I would miss the chance to beat up people with their former PCs

Although final bosses don't care about former PC status
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

HAPPENING

I'm not prepared....
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Blog Entries
    AAAAAAAAIIIIIIRRRRREEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

- - - Updated - - -

And to answer your question, I’m more than fine with Jacques appearing. He’s gotta fuck up somehow
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    I'm going to do my best to get in!

Time to make a sheet after a long hiatus

Spoiler:

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *rips off shirt*

It's time.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WHERE THE FUCK IS NAGI AIREN
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    She got out of Ga Rei

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Well, the prequel's dead, so I'll recreate Sachiko.

- - - Updated - - -

On second thought, I think I'll try something else. Sachiko is basically a power-up to another character, and I think I'm done with that stage in my character creation. I might keep a few themes though. My main question though is why are there so many acronyms?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkturus View Post
    HAPPENING

I'm not prepared....
    Last edited by Draconic; March 8th, 2019 at 03:51 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.