Page 13 of 142 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Cosmos Fairchild
    Medical Ward ~ Hallways
    Monday – Morning

Silently, Cosmos thanked The Lord as the other tamer spoke; she seems to be kind and understanding, which would mean that her earlier action would thankfully be considered as something normal for someone in her situation. More than anything else, that means Mary's reputation should be safe, and Cosmos let out a silent sigh of relief as she felt a heavy burden and fear was lifted from her shoulders.

As for her question...

"I... well, I remember reporting an incident that happened here at the hospital to both headquarters and the hospital before blacking out." She began while putting on her hat again, even though falling into a static would be better to describe the experience. "I am not sure why I fell unconscious either. Perhaps the long nights and difficulty of sleeping finally caught up with me... Either way, I am sure it's nothing too serious."

Of course falling into such a strange dream made her really wonder whether it's truly nothing serious at all, but Cosmos decided to keep that fact to herself; not only because it's rather private, but also because bringing that up might just give some complications. Considering the fact that she woke up unharmed, with seemingly no injuries or anything wrong, she determined that this would be the best course of action.

"That being said, I suppose making sure that there is nothing wrong wouldn't hurt." Cosmos acknowledged the white-haired tamer's suggestion with a small smile. "Once again, thank you for looking after me while I was unconscious. I should be able to do so on my own and not take any more of your time." She finished with a thankful nod at both the girl and Isaac.

Still, she doesn't leave immediately, just in case they insist on accompanying her.

Refusing such act of kindness would be rude and inappropriate after all.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    This person doesn't seem particularly eager to fight in the same way as the others.
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR ~ Flight Deck (South)
    Monday ~ Morning

It was a gamble, one with terrible odds stacked against him. Ludwig never liked gambling in the first place, but his sister had forced his hand.

He couldn't bring himself to hurt her more, nor could he let this battle dwindle on and on in some strange sense of nostalgia. So instead of enforcing more violence, he proposed a trade.
    Of course it was almost certainly doomed to fail, but there might have been some phantom chance that she'd choose her ally's life when faced with the firepower wielded by the SLEIPNIR.

The seconds started to tick.

It was slow, so very slow. It felt as if time stopped moving forward properly, only moving forward inch by inch. As if every moment stretched out infinitely.
    The sounds of heaving, panting, fists balling, teeth gritting, positioning of the guns, even the sounds of the SLEIPNIR's distant machinery as it drifts through the air were brought to a standstill.
    And in this eternal clock ticking down, the air thickens as the tension rises.

Lara's eyes remain determined. There is no visible change to even suggest she thought it over. A fearless hero facing impossible odds, how could she give up now.
    The two siblings don't present their inner thoughts, whether they are as calm as their expression suggests or not is a mystery.
    There was ample time to change the outcome, yet it seemed like there would be no change in their choices. The older sister would not budge, nor would her younger brother.

--Or at least, that would have been the case, if they were the ones who decided fate.

Golden light, the emergence of a foreign element on the battlefield. Like a dam breaking, the light's presence breaks the illusion of this world of boundless time.
    The waters of time starts to flow, pour, surge and accelerate to the point where a moment is now but a flash. The light envelops Lara as it takes her away screaming defiantly.
    Ludwig raises a hand to extend instinctively, but it is for a mere moment. She's gone, out of reach, and once again Ludwig doesn't know where she is.

"Fu--"

The sound returns in full volume as the SLEIPNIR's cannon fire hits the deck, easily overpowering Ludwig's muttering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    "...Sorry about all of this trouble."
    Turning to meet the unfamiliar voice, another cloaked figure stands without showing any intent to fight.

"We'll be leaving here soon, okay?"
    Yet it's not her presence that draws Ludwig's eye. It is that of his fellow Tamer Logan who seems to be going through a roller-coaster of emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    “Sarah…?”

“I... saw you…” He shook. “In the coffin, before the funeral… I…”

“It was my…”

“You died!”
    Without uttering a word Ludwig stepped towards his companion, raised his hand and with a laudable sigh---

---gave Starbright a rough chop on the head.

Facing the new entity named Sarah with his usual stoic gaze, Ludwig spoke while simultaneously reaching out to Logan internally:

By the looks of it, you have a chance to talk to someone back from the dead. Use it. Get what you need now that you still have time.

"I'll be brief, since I have but a few questions for you. Who are you people and for what purpose did you attack us, where did you take Lara to, and is she safe?"

Listening on intently for Sarah's reply, Ludwig continued talking internally, this time to directly to Amelia as well as Logan.

Amelia, could you tell me more about the girl in front of us. Any information is greatly appreciated, and having you speak with me directly should save some energy on Logan's side.

Oh, and Logan, I'm... truly sorry for giving you the trigger and placing that responsibility on you.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Monday ~ Morning

Sarah was alive? Alive. Alive? In front of me. How? She died. Because of me. Why is she here? She saved Lara. Does that mean what does that mean, is it really, it has to be why would it not be, you can see right you can see it hurts it’s hot it’s cold I can’t see she’s right there I can’t move I need to move but what if there’s no way that can’t be but then explain I can’t explain I CAN’T EXPLAIN BUT THAT’S NOT IT because she’s stronger than me she’s better than me she always was Sarah would know what to do think I can’t think because I I know I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I REMEMBER I CAN’T FORGET I WON’T FORGET that’s why I came here and was it to meet her is this fate is this reality am I dreaming was I cursed did I die that can’t be right I I I I I I I I Sarah is what will they say IT WAS YOUR FAULT YOU’RE WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK SHE’S RIGHT THERE DO SOMETHING what something what is something what is something supposed to I don’t know I don’t care just move I can’t move I can’t feel my hands I can’t breathe I need I need how is this is this maybe it’s not but it has to be just do something anything why can’t you move please move if there’s just one thing then I don’t understand Sarah please show me what to do because without you I can’t do anything you were always the perfect one please don’t go don’t go don’t go don’t-

A blast of pain cuts through him.

His head lolls forward as he staggers. It’s not force that buckles him but a lack of resistance. His gaze refocuses, the cold steel of the deck shifting out of a blur as tears drip down. He gulps, wincing as his cotton tongue forces a morass of saliva tinged with blood down his throat. He pants, each breath rattling through his ears. And he pauses, as the world reasserts itself.

LOGAN!

“I’m… here.”

He brings a hand to his mouth.

...I’m sorry. I… I didn’t mean to ignore you. He grits his teeth, his fingernails stabbing his palm as his split lip writhes between his teeth.

Look, I know… Tch, dammit! I know, I know, but… Ahh dammit, it’s not like either one of us saw this coming! Eyes up, Logan!

Even so, I’m sorry.

...Logan, you idiot.

He raises his head, staring directly at his past.

By the looks of it, you have a chance to talk to someone back from the dead. Use it. Get what you need now that you still have time.
    “Thank you. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

"I'll be brief, since I have but a few questions for you. Who are you people and for what purpose did you attack us, where did you take Lara to, and is she safe?"
    Rational and reasonable questions that made perfect sense for Ludwig to ask. But what about Logan? What should he say? What could he say? Logan inhaled and exhaled.

“I might be dreaming or hallucinating, you might be a lie or a fake… but I’m glad to see you okay. I missed you, Sarah!” He clenched his fists. “But how did you survive? Why are you here? Why didn’t you tell me?”

Amelia, could you tell me more about the girl in front of us. Any information is greatly appreciated, and having you speak with me directly should save some energy on Logan's side.”
    : “I don’t like you.”

Generally speaking, Amelia does not care for people besides Logan. For dragging Logan into his own battle and then foisting the cruelest part onto him, Ludwig has managed to turn that apathy into negativity. Him being the one to reach Logan instead of her is merely the maraschino cherry on that particular sundae.

: “But fine. Disrespect, callousness, and the fashion sense of a 14-year-old Kansas hick who totally spent a month at the SDCD and met this cute girl named Kyoko, totally, aside, I’ll deign to answer you. Assuming she’s not some kind of clone or shapeshifter, Sarah Starbright. Former Knight for the Knights of the Round. Died in action a year ago. Capable of flight, defensive, and offensive magic.” She paused. “And bailing someone out when things get too hot.”

Logan sighed. Was that really necessary?

587% critical, Logan.

Oh, and Logan, I'm... truly sorry for giving you the trigger and placing that responsibility on you.
    Logan blinked. “It’s fine. I wouldn’t expect anyone in your position to make that decision.”
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; August 15th, 2019 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Himura Ichizen
    Outside Tokyo ~ Mount Tsubaka (Aurora Shrine)
    Monday - Morning

Emptiness.

For a swordsman, it is a state that is close to ideal, a tranquility that most search for at some point in their careers but ultimately fail to truly attain; it is, after all, a state that goes against the existence of the ego, of what it means to be a person, or rather a "human being." There is a certain sense of self that humans are loathe to get rid of, it is only natural, if you become "empty" or "nothing," then you effectively cease to exist, in effect...

The inability to truly reach that final level of tranquility is one's natural resistance against the idea of their own death, a primal fear that exists -even if buried- in the hearts of every human being, but...

This is... Close to it.

A oneness with the world that almost has you cease to be a person, tied down only by the barest of lingering thoughts. The feel of the mountain wind is cool, your friend's existence draws just enough attention that you are able to avoid her without really thinking about it, and distant sounds -like that of a bubbling river- become amplified as you fall into your own sort of meditation, a quiet mind that did it's best to reject unnecessary things when they appeared, in that regard, nostalgia was once present but now fleeting, and...

While you notice when the shrine maiden goes inside, you do not yet follow because you are not yet done with your own task.

The nearby trees work to undo some of your own work, and while some might find this annoying, the you that exists there does not really label such things in those sorts of ways, and thus simply continues on silently, working at a task that you barely register as a task anymore, and yet...

Instinct remains, even inside an almost silent mind... Or perhaps it remains because the mind is only almost silent?

You can feel it.

When unknown eyes appear on your body, you can feel it.

It's a gaze that is neither particularly close or particularly distant, a prickling from your sixth sense that tells you that someone is observing you... It tells you little more than that -it is simply a feeling after all- and yet you know it to be true even without turning around to confirm it with your eyes, it is the gaze of a stranger, someone so quiet that they must have simply appeared on the wind, but bearing a sense of innate 'curiosity that was heavy enough that you could feel it with your senses...

Yes...

Hovering about eight feet back, over your right shoulder, feet drifting along the ground in a manner akin to a hovering ghost...

Is a strange ghost-like girl.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Aoyama, Starlight Aquarium
    Monday - Afternoon

Of course, the idea of it being a cult isn't exactly impossible.

While magic has certainly made it's way into society in a normal manner, there are still all sorts of people in the world, some of whom took the existence of the supernatural for granted in quite a few bizarre ways... In essence, while the world was set up in such a way as to discourage the random worship of entities -demonic or otherwise- there are still a number of cults that pop up from time to time...

Humans are, after all, still imperfect.

Something resembling world peace certainly existed, but the world was still far from being considered a true paradise, yes...

A cult was possible, it sounded kinda sketchy, and cult leaders were known for being somewhat charismatic due to the nature of what sort of skills it typically took to reach their position but...

"I know it sounds strange, but he really can do anything," a small smile appearing on her face as she praises this strange 'Master' again, the dark haired girl stretches a bit, the crystal seeming to shine slightly even in the darkness of the hallway, "When I was lost, he showed me the way... And don't worry about sounding awkward either, he's good at working through that, I couldn't even look him in the eye when we first met!"

...She seems to be talking about taking you to see him now, and indeed...

As she speaks, a wave of her hand brings a shimmering spatial distortion into existence at her side... Rather than use a COMP to do it, the girl seems to simply manifest that magic entirely of her own power, the only sign that any catalyst might potentially be in use the gradient crystal stuck in the depths of her bracelet, and...

"We can go right now!"

Holding out her hand, the girl takes a step towards the strange portal before turning back towards you.

---There's no real way to tell where this portal would actually lead you without taking the time to analyze it via magic, but there's a cold wind blowing through the gap -like there was a lot of ice on the other side- and a strange feeling of... Apprehension?

Yes.

There's no real reason for feeling that way but...

For some reason, it just feels like a "bad idea" for you to go through there...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright & Ludwig
    Monday ~ Morning

A manifest impossibility.

While it is somewhat rare for fatalities by demon attack to manifest in the modern world, it is still not considered an impossibility, which is why the world peace that the world enjoyed was much more fragile than most people would like... Stories of those sorts of things are kept as low-key as possible due to their nature, after all, humanity has a bad habit of turning on entire races for the actions of a malevolent few, especially when those few were different from themselves; therefore, stories that would scare the public are dressed up in ways to soften the impact of them, all for the sake of ensuring that a final and true harmony would one day manifest itself completely.

---Most demons had no interest in killing humans nowadays, while they typically solved things through battles due to the nature of the Demon World's Culture, the majority of them knew that a world of relatively peaceful coexistence was the best possible one for both themselves and humanity, and made sure not to rock the boat too much by doing anything particularly heinous, typically stopping at supernatural assault or theft if they committed crimes and indeed...

In this world, statistically speaking, humans still killed more humans than demons did... Of course such things were also much rarer than they used to be, but the darkness lurking in humanity's shadow was ever present, a reminder that the type of being one was did not necessarily dictate their capacity for evil, even so...

Even though it is rare, even though ideally it should not have ever happened...

Sarah Starbright had certainly been killed by a demon; one of the "Fiend" designation, a manifestation of something that was much less likely to get along with humans, to the point where Tamers are instructed to consider them hostile at all times.

The cause of death was identified as cardiac arrest, a state induced by blood-loss, which itself had been inflicted due to a grievous wound that had been described in the report as bisection; video footage supported this theory, and while the A.I had had it's life extinguished shortly after that of it's user, the video recordings that had been engraved in the COMP's physical hardware storage had supported this manner of death, she had fought it for a time, but a critical wound had severed the spine at an inopportune moment, one where the COMP hadn't been able to repair it's user in time to avert their death, and a flash of light and static had censored the actual final blow, one that had rent both Tamer and COMP asunder.

---That is what happened, the body had been repaired in order to look presentable before being buried, and the husk of her COMP had been granted to a family member.

A corpse had been seen, one of you had seen it with their own eyes.

Even so, even so, even so...

"..."

Standing before the both of you, the feeling of her spiritual pressure identical to what it had been when she was alive, the tall blonde doesn't say anything to the barrage of questions at first, as if waiting till the both of you were finished before saying whatever it was she had to say, to explain about these unusual circumstances, and...

"...We're just here on orders, no more, no less. You should know I can't say any more than that kid, a mission is a mission, what kind of soldier would I be if I told you why we were here?"

...Ultimately, while her gaze lingers on Logan for a bit, she actually answers Ludwig first...

"But Lara... That's sibling concern right? She's fine. No worries. That girl isn't supposed to be out and about yet actually, but she heard you were out here and barged out on her own... Kind of irresponsible of her, but hey, what can I do?"

Or rather...

It seems that, while her eyes keep moving back to Logan -observing him with a warm curiosity- she only really intends on answering Ludwig... At least that is the feeling you start to get, until-

"...Still acting like a kid huh?"

-she makes a quiet observation, closing her eyes as she sighs aloud to herself.

"...You're leaving yourself too open right now Logan. You're an experienced Tamer now, so just consider me a fake, it's... Easier that way. Less messy."

Stern, but not without it's own warmth, Sarah...

Still makes no movements.
    Last edited by Airen; August 31st, 2019 at 04:14 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet & Cosmos "Fairchild"
    Medical Ward ~ Ariel's Office
    Monday – Morning

"...I see a certain Ms. Fairchild hasn't been allowing herself adequate rest."

Really, it's the dripping disappointment in that voice that causes those Tamers that hear it to wince.

While it hadn't been exactly planned out by either one of you, it seems that Isaac, much like Eva, had been on his way to see the medics for a health screening as well, citing an important mission as the reason... Of course, he doesn't go into any specifics beyond that, as those sorts of things are often kept on a need to know basis amongst the staff, but considering the timing...

Well, it was probably something the both of you could make a guess at...

Still...

While having Issac along for the walk would ordinarily be a sign that one is safe from all external threats, even his aura of protection seems to sizzle out a bit upon entering the clinic of a certain Dr. Lynx, whose ability to just look at someone with a clearly disappointed gaze was almost on the level of what one would expect from their parents-!

"First I have patients leaping out of windows and starting fights with Tamers, and now I have Tamers collapsing in the hallways because they're too stubborn to sleep when they're tired, honestly-! And don't think I don't know about your 48 hour shifts Issac, you're a part of this problem too, even if you don't look it!"

"...I apologize. It was never my intention to set a poor example."

Yes.

This is the Rose Cross's main doctor alright...

A fiery red-headed woman with a somewhat interesting taste in clothing for a staff member of a religious organization, she was known for swapping between being flirty (like the clothes, it was apparently a 'test') and deadly medical drama serious, and today...

Today seemed to be a serious day...

"So Ms. Fairchild, tell me why you haven't been sleeping lately. Is it overwork? Stress? Nightmares? Illness?"

Meanwhile...

Next in line for an examination, but forced to listen to the start of the doctor's lectures while she waits her turn, a sudden notification -a shift in her system files- alerts Eva to a data file that has been sent her way, namely...

Someone seems to be trying to call you.

...The Caller I.D reads Agatha.

...Do people inside of dreams have phones?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Aoyama, Starlight Aquarium
    Monday - Afternoon

"..."

Mokujima takes one step forward. She stares into the portal in the dark, feels the cold brushing against her fingers and the goosebumps crawling up her back. She steels herself, and...

Steps back.

"Sorry, Sakurako. I can't do it."

It's not that she doesn't want to give this a chance. But... Mokujima Chris has never considered herself an incredible person. She possesses neither the foolhardiness nor the self-assurance needed to fearlessly walk into an unknown place like that. And of course, she isn't strict enough to take refuge in protocol and allow the rules to dictate her actions. If that had been the case, she would have acted as a Tamer first and a friend second. Instead, she is at an impasse once more, feeling the same paralysis creeping up her spine that had haunted her for all her life.

"You probably get why, but... the idea of walking in there is terrifying."

For a great many reasons, of course, many of which were obvious enough to go unstated. But mostly, it's that hunch.

Amid the now truly awkward silence, Chris bites her lip and clenches her fists. Frustration rises. But it isn't the angry sort of irritation that spurs others to do rash things. Rather, it is a regular itch that she has given up trying to scratch. A sense of familiar futility.

"You remember, right? Back then, it was the same. I couldn't go with you then, either."
    Last edited by Bloble; August 31st, 2019 at 06:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Forest, Stage
    Monday - Morning

"...Rock Star huh? Could be cool... But they don't get nearly enough sleep for me."

Inside of the Knights of the Round, what really separated a squire from a knight was not how powerful they were as individuals; while Knights did have a tendency to be stronger than their squire counterparts, such things weren't exactly an iron-clad rule, but rather a side-effect of how Knights typically got their position, namely...

A Knight is one that can earn the love of the people, someone who has managed to integrate themselves into the public consciousness as an icon, almost like the mythological heroes of old... Such people tend to be powerful, as power itself can certainly be said to be something that attracts humans to someone, but there is also nothing saying that one cannot be powerful without such things, yes...

There are squires that are stronger than the knights, even if only in specific ways. While you are still capable of winning one on one confrontations if you must, those sorts of battles have never been your forte; the role of the Bard Knight was to empower others, and in that sense, the moment Ryan launches forward to battle with blade in hand, it becomes a scenario that is much closer to your 'usual.'

Still not 'ideal due to the spiritual exhaustion the others were suffering from, but still something that lay more in line with your specialty; while you do not know Ryan's specific training regime too well, his choice in COMP form and general demeanor made it clear he was some form of dedicated swordsman, likely the one that the Matador had wanted to fight the most, if you took the demon's personality and apparent love of duels into account. If that was the case, then leaving the close range battle to him -and falling into the support role yourself- wasn't likely to backfire on you, but-

While you had taken precautions against having your technology stolen by this apparent doppelganger, there is still something distinctly... unnerving about seeing yourself fight with the squire.

Because that's what it feels like you're watching...

Rather than producing a more pragmatic weapon to deflect the Squire's first crashing blow, the thing that diverts the Squire's much heavier sword to the sword -splintering the stage even further- is a microphone that looks identical to the DTG's. It's something he simply projects from his hands -likely through the use of magic- and yet even though you're still clutching the original tightly in your hands, you yourself would be hard-pressed to tell the difference between them even if you were holding them both, really...

It's unnerving...

As are the movements. While they are a bit slower than your own, they still appear to you as the sort of movements 'you' would make; other than the formula based bursts of speed and strength he was using in a -still desperate- grasp at keeping up with the squire it felt almost like you were staring at a bizarre copy of yourself... Of course, shadow selves were not entirely undocumented, but...

This person... Definitely isn't one.

Even so, while his mimicry of your movements and physical fighting style seems to be more or less on point, there's a distinctive lack of magic use from his side that strikes you as strange... Of course, Ryan -going off of his earlier words- doesn't seem to be using anything particularly flashy either -although the nature of his movements seem to be hinting at a martial formula of some sort, likely Einherjar- but with the way the battle is going, Ryan's wide, and fast swings pushing your apparent clone right up to the edge of the stage, it also doesn't look like he'll need anything other than his body to defeat his opponent outright but...

---Somehow, it feels strange.

It's not that Tamer's are incapable of defeating powerful opponents alone when it comes down to it, but somehow, it feels like the enemy isn't putting their best foot forward, or rather...

Their goal is something other than this battle.

---It's an itching thought that is hard to dismiss, one supported by Ryan's earlier "bad feeling" but...

What was it?

Considering the enemy's motivations... What was their purpose here...?

With the others simply watching silently -the two squires due to spiritual exhaustion and the matador due to what seemed to be curiosity- it seems that you're the only one with all the pieces needed to make a hypothesis, but...

At the same time, if you simply help Ryan defeat him now...

Will it really matter?

Ryan

-Einherjar (Sword)-
    Type: Spirit
    Mastery Bonus: Attained
    A spell formula that exists to compensate for a lack of martial knowledge, often employed by newer Tamers, or those who focused more on developing their spell-casting abilities rather than their physical ones. Through the mental link with the COMP, enables the user to gain temporary but notable skill in a specific martial art by using the generalized data of various practitioners inside of oneself. Due to being a semi-automated process however, skill gained in this way tends to be completely logical and by-the-book, which can cause users who haven't mastered the spell completely to take reflexive actions automatically, applying what the formula thinks is the 'ideal' response even if it actually is not so...

As a result, those who are talented enough in martial arts may be able to more easily punish the formula's sequences after awhile; those who have attained mastery of this spell however suffer no such disadvantage, as their brain has adapted to the formula enough over time that they have effectively made the knowledge their own while it's active, and can adapt their own patterns on the fly.

Doppleganger

Stats

Same as Raz's Base

Spells

-Spirit Burst-
    Type: Spirit
    Common Tamer Spell. Essentially the increase in performance caused by charging one's weapon and body with magical energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, it is recreating the effect of jet burst by expending large amounts of one's inner spiritual force.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    ???, Headquarters
    Monday - Morning

"..."

Silence.

For a few agonizing moments all is calm, all is still, all is horrifically embarrassing in the mind of an adolescent youth.

It is a show that Kaguya has performed many times, or rather, it's an introduction that she seems to find fit to force on those who threaten to pierce your bubble of solitude... Of course, it is natural to find such things embarrassing, after all, there are a number of people in the modern day who would find such an introduction way out of time, if not fail to recognize it's origins at all, and to that end...

"..."

A certain red-eyed girl certainly does her best to find an appropriate response for the situation; while seeming much like a girl out of time herself, she -perhaps surprisingly- doesn't seem to recognize such a greeting for what it really is, but with ramen bowl in hand and determined gaze on her face, she certainly narrows her eyes in what can only be absolutely serious thought, as if browsing the depths of her mind to find something clever or cultural to say in response, but...

But...

But...

"Your mom's name is Red? That's pretty neat... Sounds kinda familiar too..."

With a nod, she seems to deem this an appropriate enough response, as she soon goes back to inhaling what is certainly the last of Isamu's food in the hideout, and speaking of Isamu...

He was a youth with a strong handshake, not so heavy that it felt like an attack, but firm enough that it declared his existence as someone confident in his own self at the very least, and his response...

In comparison to Aido's...

Was...

"...Yeah. That's the way it should be."

An intense sense of... Approval...?

Clapping one hand on your shoulder in a sudden burst of camaraderie, the youth that had seemed so uncertain before seems to have finally come to some sort of (bizarre) conclusion about you inside of his mind.

"Keeping the old traditions alive. A sense of pride in one's way... Banchou... I can see it..."

Removing his hand from your shoulder, the youth nods, more to himself than to anyone else.

"Of course we'd lose to something like that... Not bad, not bad. I'll definitely remember the Pendragon name."

...He didn't know it already?

For those weirdos born in Aoyama, or at least those that went to the school, it was a name that was synonymous with your reputation and thus one that most of the teenagers and kids around here knew, but...

Looks like this guy... Didn't attend school all that much himself either.

That, or he just didn't pay that much attention to rumors.
    Last edited by Airen; August 31st, 2019 at 10:13 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Monday ~ Morning

"...We're just here on orders, no more, no less. You should know I can't say any more than that kid, a mission is a mission, what kind of soldier would I be if I told you why we were here?"
    A complete denial of his questions. That was rational; this mysterious organization’s intrigue was one of its greatest advantages; any sort of datum that could compromise that secrecy was an unacceptable loss. Whatever her circumstances, Sarah was treating them as seriously as she had being a Spirit Tamer. It made perfect sense for her to ignore him.

Logan bit his lip.

: Well that was a wash. I’d say I can’t believe that’d she’d blow you off like that, but that’d be fake news.

: ...She could be restricted somehow.

: Not restricted enough to stop over a year’s worth of stares. Why can’t you damn idiot siblings be more selfish?

: Don’t call her an idiot.

: Well, she’s certainly something. Besides dead, anyway.

: At least Ludwig knows his sister is fine now. I should’ve told him that sooner; God, I really screwed up earlier, didn’t I-

: You know, Sarah Starbright might actually just be at a loss for words, Logan.

He blinked.

Sarah stopped looking at her little brother. Logan shook, his face hot as humiliation and realization churned inside of him.

"...You're leaving your guard too open Logan. You're an experienced Tamer now, so just consider me a fake, it's... Easier that way. Less messy."
    “No.”

He spoke before he finished thinking, his gaze focusing on her even as his grip tightened. Sarah’s death had been his greatest failure, and now there was a chance to atone for that. His
    goal
    sister
    was right in front of him. If he could reach her, if he could sort all of this out somehow, then maybe, just maybe…

He would deserve to be loved.

“I’ve lost you twice already. There won’t be a third time.”

Logan smiled.

“I don’t know what your circumstances are. I don’t know how much of this is your own will and your own resolve. But you are my sister. That will never change.”

You’re prepared for this, right Logan?

Yeah. It’s like sparring. Just a lot harder.

He stepped forward, countenance stern. “However, you called yourself a soldier. You participated in a raid on a Spirit Tamer base and assisted a combatant who assaulted multiple Tamers. As you said, I am a Spirit Tamer. I cannot let this slide.”

He allowed himself one breath.

“Sarah Starbright. You are under arrest.”

Logan shot forward with Phantasm Step, his grasp loosening on Amelia to send her flying toward Sarah as he landed behind her, a fist aglow with spirit power as it flew toward her back---!

Heat: 5/10
    Spells Used: Eye of the Fates, Phantasm Step
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; September 2nd, 2019 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    ???, Headquarters
    Monday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu
    "...Yeah. That's the way it should be. Keeping the old traditions alive. A sense of pride in one's way... Banchou... I can see it... Of course we'd lose to something like that... Not bad, not bad. I'll definitely remember the Pendragon name."
    While Blaise tried to hide his embarrassment with everything that had happened with a slight surprise (after all, there weren't many gangs around Aoyama that hadn't heard of him by this point), there was someone else with a wholly different sort of reaction. Kaguya, who had looked so smug about herself that she could have burst after that introduction, cocked an eyebrow at Isamu's reaction... and something like a sudden sense of budding camaraderie shone in her eyes.

The bunny-eared delinquent folded her arms across her chest and nodded approvingly at the mop-headed youngster.

"Well well... looks like ya got some wisdom in that nogging of yers. Startin' to see why Banchou is the man amongst men 'ere in Aoyama? Can't blame ya fer gettin' mesmerized, I know what yer feelin' right now...!" Kaguya practically purred proudly as she continued nodding. "That chivalrous gaze, that manly attitude, that unflinchin' posture... It's inspirational, innit! In fact, if ya want something inspirational, there's a couple 'a tales I could share with ye 'bout Banchou's most manly moments... see, back a year or so ago, he was..."

Letting out a quiet groan under his breath, Blaise turned away from the disaster just waiting to happen. Either his COMP AI would share some of the more embarrassing stuff from his past, making his stock plummet in Isamu's eyes... or worse yet, the mop-headed youngster would become an ally in the scary alliance that the sukeban was seemingly intent on creating.

Thus, to escape the possible growing disaster, the blonde youth took a few steps away from the two and instead focused his attention to Aido, who was apparently determined to vacuum up whatever morsels could be found from this place.

"Familiar, huh? Well, eh... it's possible you might have visited our soba shop. She works there, just like me," Blaise replied to the girl, while leaning against the wall. "If the name -Gen- means anything, that'd be it. Though other than... well, I suppose she's a bit famous around the neighbourhood. A flaming personality, you could say, especially when it comes to my old man..."

A momentary expression of distaste passed by Blaise's face as the face of his father appeared in his head.

That was the last person he needed to think about right now.

"And, well... being foreigners in Aoyama, I suppose we stand out."

The young man tried to keep a conversation so he wouldn't have to hear what sort of nonsense Kaguya was already spewing out.

Cosmos "Fairchild"
    Medical Ward ~ Ariel's Office
    Monday – Morning

Cosmos remembered her reaction when she first met the red-haired doctor; bewilderment that someone working for Rose Cross would wear such a provocative clothing, and the fact that it is apparently alright to do so. She remembered wondering whether Dr. Lynx felt cold by wearing it, or if she felt self-conscious about it, and why she chose to do so; even as a girl, Cosmos couldn't help but stare a few times simply because it's just so alien and doesn't feel real, so she could only imagine what it must be like for the boys. She prayed that they are granted fortitude - both mentally and spiritually - in facing this trial... and if not, that God would forgive them for it.

Simply put, whenever she met Dr. Lynx and saw her still wearing such clothing, her mind would usually wander to the same place - her rather interesting choice of attire. But today, the disappointed tone and look that the red-haired doctor gave her was enough to made Cosmos squirm and look at the floor, scared at meeting the doctor's eyes.

"I'm sorry..." She muttered quietly.

It's a natural reaction; after all, disappointment is a seemingly alien concept to Mary, and while Cosmos always try her best in order not to disappoint her mother, her subconscious must have accepted somewhere along the way that it is not something that would really ever happen. As a result, Cosmos is not used to others feeling disappointed in her, and whenever they do, it reminded the girl of the possibility of disappointing Mary, which made the mental damage all the bigger.

That's why she stays quiet and feeling guilty, and when the doctor asked her the question, that feeling of guilt - along with the desire to mend and turn the disappointment over - made it impossible for Cosmos to lie, despite the fact that she had yet to share the nightmares she'd been having with anyone; not even with Mary.

"N-nightmares. It might sound silly, but I've been having such vivid nightmares recently." Cosmos answered while fidgeting with her fingers. "The sky turning black, strange monsters... I'm not sure what it means, but it keeps me awake at night. It doesn't happen everyday, but enough to make me lost some sleep I suppose..."

She felt embarrassed. Silly. Overwork is one thing (learning that Isaac had a 48 hour shifts improved her view on the man somewhat - he's truly worthy of admiration and respect, despite her own reservations), but nightmares? She's not a child, and yet the one thing that made her lose sleep is such a silly and childish thing, and in front of two other tamers no less! It's the reason why she had yet to tell Mary, as her mother is busy enough; distracting her from her more important duties over some nightmares is just not worth it.

Still, it's out in the open now, and for a moment Cosmos contemplated to tell Dr. Lynx of the dream that she just had before the thought disappears from her mind.

As if she subconsciously knew not to reveal such a private and precious moment.
    Last edited by palad1n; September 1st, 2019 at 11:47 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Neo Aoyama, City Center
    Monday ~ Morning

"That's fine."

A confident whisper in the darkness, one that easily painted the image of a smiling student council president even in the world of darkness.

While it is not an absolute art, it is often possible for those with particularly potent spiritual senses to get a 'feel' for the more obvious emotions of those around them, and if there was one thing Kaori was radiating out from herself in this moment...

It was an intense desire to be victorious in this little mock battle.

It's almost alarming in how sincere a desire it is, but it is what it is, the sudden revelation that this person is one who takes absolutely any sort of contest as seriously as she would an actual battle to the death. It wouldn't matter if it was an eating contest or even a simple game of cards, if there was a victory to be gained, then she was someone who would pursue that victory with everything she has, in other words-!

While she probably won't admit to it due to her role, the Council President is someone who absolutely hates losing-! If you felt that her doing the heavy lifting would be the best course of action in this instance, then she'd trust that you'd given it some thought and simply fulfill this request to the best of her ability, and to that end, as her 'inner eye' is forced even further open by your spell, that young woman-

"I'm good at drawing attention."

-winks at you in the darkness even as she throws you high into the air away from her, her left foot coming down simultaneously in a horrendously powerful stomp as she announces her presence to the entire world with a sound like an explosion, debris rocketing not just into the sky but the entire surrounding area, and in response to that blatant, obvious cry for attention-

-comes a blade -a violet flash of a knife that is soon swallowed by shadow- eagerly seeking the target it had wanted since the very beginning of the battle.

---It's Nakahara's knife, as is the sudden presence that has launched itself into your senpai with a flurry of sightless blades, going full force in a way that made it clear he wanted her eliminated from the round as quickly as possible, that he had likely been stalking the pitch-black arena for the sole purpose of taking her out as fast as possible, considering that he had ignored the sounds you had made earlier but...

Rather than finding flesh on the end of their raining arcs, the president soundless repels attacks she might as well be able to see in her current condition, rapier consistently lunging for her opponent's heart and neck; while still a friendly match in nature, the eagerness each of them show when it comes to trying to take the other one out as fast as possible hints at some sort of mutual acknowledgement that each of them were the 'most obviously dangerous' member of their respective teams, but-

"Hah-!"

Able to 'see' her opponent clearly in the darkness, the refined rapier makes graceful and precise thrusts into the darkness, keeping the knife-wielding youth from completing his lunges without suffering a critical blow in retaliation; the remnants of a crater give way to less destroyed city locales, and footing that was once free of relative obstruction becomes critical in an instant, as Hiroki's step back is blocked by the sudden appearance of a parked car, his full step back turning into a half step that should result in a sword of ice plunging straight through his chest to confirm a quick knock out, but-

"Wh-?"

-in an instant, everything changes.

To both Kaori who was fighting, and to you who were observing, the situation seems to change in an instant, or rather, things change so suddenly that they seem to lack a cause for themselves at all, as if time had just stopped working properly for a moment, namely...

Where Hiroki had once had his back to a car, he is now lunging at Kaori from her side as if his position had simply 'corrected itself' in a manner similar to lag in an online game; with your spiritual senses as honed as they were, it's a change that seems to make no sense at all... Even in the dark you should be capable of tracking his movements, and as fast as techniques like flash truth could be they were not outright teleportation, which is what this seemed to be...

---No.

That felt wrong too...

Teleportation magic was notoriously difficult to learn, and usually took so long that it wasn't considered a practical move in supernatural battles, thus...

He had to have done something else, or possess some sort of trick that was 'better then teleportation was, even so... While your thoughts are fast enough to consider all of this in relative real time, it's clear that Kaori has been caught off guard by the sudden shift in positioning... She might be able to adjust for it and maintain a defense regardless, but if she doesn't and you don't interfere, it's possible you'll lose your partner early on to what seemed to be some sort of bizarre trump card, and in the distance...

Nanaya-san, who had been making her existence obvious in a bait-like manner...

Is now starting to surge with spiritual power herself, as if realizing she has been given time to act unopposed...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Akarana Estate ~ Laboratory
    Monday - Afternoon/Evening

When it comes to offensive spirit-type spells, the easiest method is to simply concentrate and expel spiritual power in a form similar to that of heat. It is an expression that gives off the appearance of firing off lasers from one's limbs, and is a method of mage-craft that was popularized by former SDCD Director Liane Cross and those connected to her, such as her family and students. They are simple attacks that revolve more around one's control of their own spiritual power than anything else, and are the sort of spells that -while possible without one- are almost trivialized by access to a COMP, as such devices greatly assist their users in the more delicate moments of spell-casting...

But this...

This doesn't feel controlled at all, it's rampaging heat, blistering, rampant plasma that is held back only by the automatic deployment of two barriers in unison; the result, while unplanned, becomes a fusion spell seemingly of it's own accord, the swirling depths of two distinct blue lights becoming one as a malevolent azure slams into it, the resulting impact tearing it apart at the edges even as the two of you work to not be blown clean off of your feet, shoes dragging through concrete and steel as the malevolent wave roars around you like a dragon's breath, but...

But...

But...

---While it shatters a mere instant after it's task is done, after the blast had already begun to pin you to the wall, you had already made the decision to believe in your own victory. There was nothing saying your shield would come out on top, especially in the face of such a bizarre 'power,' but Tamers stride ever onward, creating miracles and impossible victories in their wake, and thus-

-You are also already attacking past Tsukiko as both attack and shield crumble away into spiritual particles.

And it's a good thing you do.

---Like a monster, it had already been sprinting at you in the aftermath; footsteps tearing apart the already decimated flooring, the end of the intense azure light of two clashing magics reveals the approaching metallic fist of the knight, one launched long before it could even hope to reach you, but one that will reach you nonetheless as azure fire roars out from the knight's limbs to launch him forward-!

And even in the face of a storm of crimson flames-

-it doesn't stop.

Striking through both flame and smoke, the hulking figure strikes at it's target with everything it has, the blow shaking the entire complex even further -pieces of the ceiling beginning to rain down around you- as it roars, screaming as if burning from the inside out but-

"Hah-!"

-while it certainly wasn't stopped from attacking, that doesn't mean it's attack had actually hit anyone; losing the both of you in the smoke and flames of the Agidyne, a wincing Tsukiko has already rolled behind the knight, ice spreading along the ground from a bufu spell even as she launches one leg l out to knock one of it's own out from underneath it, and as it -perhaps expectedly- stumbles, you-

-find the first clear shot you've had in awhile.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove

The fist that was supposed to meet my face never comes. The storm of azure flame, undeterred by my crimson assault, suddenly stumbles and sputters as Tsukiko trips it, aided by an ice spell…

I’m a bit impressed that we’re still so in sync, even now.

But there is no point in reflection. This fleeting moment, transient as it is, is something I need to take now.

“Galeforce.”

The nature of speed is simple. To most, utilizing it in a fight is logical. Weave in and out, avoiding this and that, until your opponent has been worn down by an endless series of strikes.

But that’s wrong. The key principle to that strategy is stamina, not speed. For someone like myself, unsuited for taking hits, unsuited to long battles, but just fast enough…

This is the path left for me. To seize one opportunity, and then never let go.

That’s the purpose of Galeforce. To turn that split second of opportunity into a thousand.

Wise up!
    Galeforce
    Rank B
    Element: Wind
    Cost: 4 -> 3 (Ghost Drive)

An almost unparalleled movement spell that puts many others to shame, similar to her teacher’s Slipstream. Movement with Galeforce is so fast it is imperceptible and it is a common claim that its sheer speed renders any teleportation spell useless in comparison. Offensively, it has been used to launch additional physical actions, whereas defensively, even homing projectiles effectively unable to track her. However, using this places immense strain on the user, lowering their defenses on the next turn.

Fundamentally, it is a refined version of Flash Truth that lowers both air resistance and uses the surrounding air as a means of propulsion.

Time slows.

The sight of that thing, a pale reflection of Akarana, slowly tumble into the air, is almost comical.

I strike.

My hand slips into a familiar series of motions, blade dancing through the air, an elegant waltz. Every hit flows into one another seamlessly, forcing the opponent to move to my steps.

Regnal Astra—eleven blows so finely woven together that there isn’t anyone who could escape without a scratch.

Wise up!
    Regnal Astra
    A series of eleven strikes designed to elegantly eviscerate anything that it touches. A technique forged from hours of devoted training, it is Ayra’s “signature move,” known to anyone decently informed about the Knights of the Round. Though, rather than using it as a finisher, she tends to throw it out randomly, to keep opponents constantly on edge for when or if it comes.

Pinning your foe with that many strikes is excessive. It’s nothing more than a predator toying with its prey. As one of the defining techniques of a Knight of the Round, it is more spectacle than practical. Something for the gaze of the spotlight.

Then again, that’s the point.

This technique, after all, was made to show the woman who bought me this opportunity that I could match her on even footing, flair and all.

And though the years have passed—

I sure as hell will prove that I haven’t been slacking.

Time begins to speed up with the final strike, weary fatigue settling in. The price to pay for betting everything on one opportunity.

Even so…

I won’t be complacent.

There’s still time for one last attack!
    Last edited by Katie; September 2nd, 2019 at 03:45 AM.

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Monday ~ Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    “I don’t like you.”
    A candid statement, currently met with absolute agreement. In the span of a one morning Ludwig went from having a friendly conversation with his legendary auntie to fighting his long lost sister. That kind of an emotional roller coaster ride would leave most people whiplashed or prone to making strange choices. The wish to take his sister back had been denied with this new opponent's arrival, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    “But fine. Disrespect, callousness, and the fashion sense of a 14-year-old Kansas hick who totally spent a month at the SDCD and met this cute girl named Kyoko, totally, aside, I’ll deign to answer you. Assuming she’s not some kind of clone or shapeshifter, Sarah Starbright. Former Knight for the Knights of the Round. Died in action a year ago. Capable of flight, defensive, and offensive magic.” She paused. “And bailing someone out when things get too hot.”

Logan blinked. “It’s fine. I wouldn’t expect anyone in your position to make that decision.”
    ...it seemed fate enjoyed switching out one reported dead sister for another.

The girl, Sarah Starbright, stood motionless before the Rothschild Tamers, seemingly awaiting their questions first before answering them. There was enough time during that moment of silence to reply to Logan and Amelia. There was enough time, yet something felt like it was brewing there internally. Something best undisturbed for it to grow and bloom.

Ludwig's apology and probably poor attempts to do right by the pair would have to come later. The blonde Starbright spoke:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post

...Ultimately, while her gaze lingers on Logan for a bit, she actually answers Ludwig first...

"But Lara... That's sibling concern right? She's fine. No worries. That girl isn't supposed to be out and about yet actually, but she heard you were out here and barged out on her own... Kind of irresponsible of her, but hey, what can I do?"
    "It's more of a familiarity than it was a genuine question. Can't hurt to ask."

He shoots her a glare as he continues, perhaps unfairly.

"You could have restrained her better, she's not one to take a loss lightly."

There was a reason Ludwig opted to stay curt with the chatter at this moment. Even though Sarah had answered his most pressing question, albeit not the extent he would've wanted, she seemed to be hesitant to speak to her own brother. Her eyes kept darting between us, but she left Logan in silence for just a bit too long.

Meanwhile her internally brewing brother became close to a pot that would boil over. A small, tiny smile started to crack in Ludwig's calm expression.

He'd claimed to take on his own sister, and to capture her so that they could be reunited properly once again. As someone in a similar position as he was minutes ago, Ludwig knew what was going to transpire.

Sarah finally replied to her brother, and as expected it would serve as the straw that broke the camel's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post

"...You're leaving yourself too open right now Logan. You're an experienced Tamer now, so just consider me a fake, it's... Easier that way. Less messy."

Despite Ludwig's own failure of capturing his opponent, of taking her in and discovering the truth behind the attack and his sister's new alliance. Was the mission truly over with that? He may have failed capturing his own sister, but...

“No.”

“I’ve lost you twice already. There won’t be a third time.”

“I don’t know what your circumstances are. I don’t know how much of this is your own will and your own resolve. But you are my sister. That will never change.”

“However, you called yourself a soldier. You participated in a raid on a Spirit Tamer base and assisted a combatant who assaulted multiple Tamers. As you said, I am a Spirit Tamer. I cannot let this slide.”
    ...there's still an opponent here, is there not?

“Sarah Starbright. You are under arrest.”
    The Starbright sister stood motionless. To the Starbright brother the world slowed down as if becoming motionless. A world where only he and Amelia flew towards their newest objective, Sarah Starbright's capture.

The small smile remained present on Ludwig's face. He felt a sense of kinship between himself and Logan, even if only at their similar choices at this time.

To his Starbright companion, he left the internal message: "You have my full assistance Logan, go get her.".

And to the Starbright enemy, he activated his ESPer ability to try and glimpse at her thoughts, as well as the moves that she'd try to pull.

Wise up!
    Limited Receptor (ESPer Trait - Telepathy):
    Focus ESP on a target. From the next turn on, the character will get increased information on their emotional state of being, as well as potential glimpses at their stronger thoughts. Can only be used on one target at a time, and is broken if the target escapes from the character's line of sight.

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Neo Aoyama, City Center
    Monday ~ Morning

‘Teleportation? No, in the first place, a complex magic like that would be unmistakable at a glance. With senses like ours, there would be no moment of doubt as to whether it was teleportation or not. Similarly, an illusion would never work on us, nor would it work on your new classmate as long as she's been Innervated. I’ll also rule out time control. If he had magic like that, there would be no need to use it so half-heartedly. He could have ended the fight before time resumed.’

‘T-Tsubaki! We have to do something!’

‘For now we’ll assume it’s some kind of system that alters reality. I believe all he did was use magic to instantaneously reposition himself somewhere more advantageous without using teleportation. Naturally, the simple explanation makes it sound like no big deal. If that really is the source of that strange movement…’

‘Tsubaki!’

‘Hana, we have to do something, but first you have to decide what to do.’

‘B-bu-but I,’

‘No buts. Heroes act. Aren’t you going to be a hero?’

‘…’

Something changed. The atmosphere surrounding the girl, placed between a rock and a hard place, torn by the decision of what route of action to take, shifted. Thrown into a fight without warning, suddenly hammered down with the necessity of decision making in those times where no decision seems right, the small girl had, if for a moment, forgotten what this fight was even for.

‘A hero…’

This was the first of many battles on the path to becoming a hero.

The wings vibrated. Gathering energy, they tucked in for a dive.

On a logical level, she should leave the two below to their fight and run interference against Akane. Hyakka had already seen Kaori fight once. The student council president wasn’t the type easily blindsided by a surprise attack. Especially in a duel against a classmate, who she likely knew at least a little about, this must have been within the range of her expectations.

Following that logic, Kaori likely didn’t throw Hyakka up to get her away from the fight below, but to send a message for her to deal with their second opponent. Not that the small girl had considered that. No, trusting and kindhearted as she was, she had only just met this classmate. Perhaps in the future things would be different, but their bond hadn’t shaped to the degree that they could communicate their feelings so easily, wordlessly. So if that was the plan, it hadn’t reached Hyakka.

But if it had been the strategy, the dark-enveloped girl couldn’t agree to a plan like that, even if it was the student council president’s idea. After all, this was an exercise in fighting together as a team. What would she accomplish splitting off so that they could fight two separate one-on-one duels?

In this situation.

‘A true hero…’

Her dive reaching its top speed, Hyakka plummeted down like a missile, aiming for Nakahara’s back. At the same time, the brooch around her neck shimmered. Pulses of static skittered atop the surface.

‘So you've chosen Ziodyne, huh?’

“Would never abandon a friend!”

At top speed Hyakka shot into the opponent in a sky-dive tackle, releasing a point-blank spell.

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove

Finish it all in the next exchange.

Where some utilize speed to augment their stamina and vitality, to better outlast an opponent that might surpass them, you are the sort that relies upon speed in a much more purse sense... Long battles are not your forte, stamina is not your forte, you are someone that prefers to settle things in a single moment, to find a single good opportunity yo defeat your opponent, and then throw everything you are into that single moment.

A gamble, the flip of a coin that cements your defeat if it fails.

---Eleven arcs of a shining blade fill the air, so fast that they might as well have been launched simultaneously; as an attack it is almost excessively flashy, something that draws the eye and helps one stand out as a a "hero," but in this instance, propelled onwards by Galeforce, the purposeful flair becomes a cage of strikes that emerge from all angles to shred the opponent apart. While it is far too fast to be seen by most eyes, the sixth sense triggers what the conscious mind cannot, a thick aura of spiritual power erupting from the armor to defend it in the most primitive of automatic supernatural defenses.

Even so, that blade does not relent.

The purpose of a sword is to cut, and while one strike might have been deafened to nothing by that barrier, the cage-like manifestation of your blade slices it all away, fragments of spiritual power scattering along with bits of the crystal-like armor, the hulking figure absorbing it all in the silence of a single heartbeat, remaining horrifically determined even as it's body and blade is clearly and heavily battered by a sword that far surpasses logic, but-

"...!"

A roar.

On the other end of eleven strikes... Is an aberration covered in fragments of a gradient crystal, it's armor sheared away by your relentless strikes. It's face remains protected, as does it's vitals, and white fire wraps around the straining limbs as it prepares to step forward along with the passage of 'normal,' time, but...

Even as time resumes... You are not done.

The one opportunity you had sought it... It was not quite over yet.

Until your body gives in and refuses to move, you will continue to swing this sword even if only one more time, thus-!

That last strike... Shatters a crystal blade at it's hilt.

A potential weak-point discovered by Joker, and one that you can claim you simply thought of in the heat of the moment. The shattering of the blade is followed by a flash of blinding light, and a body that had been so strong before going immediately limp as Akarana slams heavily into the floor, body motionless and helmet shattering seemingly of his own accord as he loses whatever sort of consciousness he had been maintaining, the fragments of the crystal sword coming to rest along the decimated floor...

"..."

For a moment there is silence.

While Tsukiko's hand had drifted back towards her sword in the battle's final moments, as if worried that your strike wouldn't be enough to get the job done, the woman that had silently watched a technique that had been born because of her, averts her eyes from you after a moment, body automatically moving to check the life signs of the man that had just been defeated so decisively, and in that moment...

---The shaking complex triples in it's intensity.

Much like the lair of a villain inside of a video-game, it seemed that the battle that had taken place down in these depths had done enough foundational damage to compromise the whole thing... Bigger and bigger pieces of the ceiling begin to rain down as potential critical projectiles, and the cracking splitting floor seems determined to urge the both of you out of here before it collapses entirely...

Like this, a lot of the man's equipment will be lost, but...

"Well, looks like it's time to go, come on I'll grab Akarana-!"

Is there anything in here that really needs to be taken? Or...

Is there something around here that should be secured?

If there is... You don't have much time to do it-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove

His sword shatters as he clatters to the ground, his strength ultimately held together by a single, fragile thread. For a moment everything grows still, my hand clutching Aster’s hilt, expecting the worst. But nothing happens in those scant few seconds and the tension eases from my shoulders.

…It’s over.

I turn to Tsukiko to congratulate her for a job well done, but her gaze, askew and off to the side as she rushes to check on Akarana, make me reconsider.

…I suppose things can’t ever be the same. Perhaps, if I wasn’t so weak back then—

The complex shakes and roars, as if to collapse on cinematic cue. Considering both Levy and Akarana held nothing back, this isn’t a surprising development, but it does make it a bit annoying. There’s so much evidence remaining, ripe for the taking. I can hear the walls crumble and the floor crack beneath me, and yet instantly my brain tries to come up with a solution to both data retrieval and escape all at once.

"Well, looks like it's time to go, come on I'll grab Akarana-!"
    Reflexively, I give her a curt nod, but my mind’s elsewhere.

If I used Galeforce, maybe I could do a quick search and…

Ayra, no.

That adrenaline boost might have given you a second wind and all, but your vitals are terrible. If you collapse too, who is going to get you out? Or Levy?

I sigh. Levy. She slipped my mind. I’m an idiot.

You’re right about that…

Good, because if you got yourself killed trying to find someone’s misplaced thumb drive I’d lose it.

“I’m going to grab some samples and the girl. I’ll be right behind you.”

Still, there are spoils of war. I hastily grab some of the crystalline substance and stash it into a pocket, hoping that it’ll be useful for minds much brighter than mine. And with that brief detour, I make my way out of the laboratory, to rescue the other half of this obstinate couple.

At least the mission is done, thank God.