Page 20 of 142 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama Gakuen - Dojo
    ??? - Morning

"Hey-! What the hell are you doing? Are you insane?! Idiot, you'll get both of us killed-!"

This is bad. As things currently stand, I cannot form a proper stance, let alone free myself from his hold in time. This guy... For no reason whatsoever is going to ruin my entire plan...! I mean, I could maybe get some use out of this if he was using it to flee, but instead he's throwing us directly into the enemy, who's the school nurse of all people. What purpose can that serve other than get us in trouble? Ugh-! Is he set on eliminating me early-?! I have always known. Behind that 'Perfect Sempai' facade, he is nothing more than a a treacherous knight. If that's the case, then I'll go further and become a demon.

"Kioka, please-!"

Still in an awkward position due to our nature as a falling meteor, I raise my guard and force my shield to directly clash against the surge of lightning. Needless to say, under normal circumstances, I'd be blasted away regardless of how much defensive power I put up, however, because of Shuichi's wasteful use of Spiritual Power and my harmonizer field having natural resistance to electricity, it quickly becomes evident who'll be the victor in this exchange.

"Ugh...!"

However, because I chose not to rely on Kioka's HDMI, a brief surge of pain washes over me as we cut through the torrent of light. There are two reasons for this course of action. First, as a true exercise of survival, I need to have as many COMP abilities and spells and available for when I'll truly require their aid. Kioka's HDMI is useful, but if I am not mindful of its usage, it'll become a problem sooner than later. Second, doing so means part of the damage will leak onto Namasaki as well. Sure, it might no more than a harmless zap for the 'School's Finest', but it creates a window of opportunity. A moment where I can act without him becoming aware.

I am sorry, Shuichi, but I'll be using 'that' on you. You only have yourself to blame for getting this close to a villain.

Having overcome the nurse's spell, we come to meet her face-to-face in what appears to be an inevitable confrontation. Close-range should be our field of expertise. In contrast, people who are devoted to healing most commonly follow the path of a ranged mage, as well. And yet, this woman who I've only encountered once in the past -After 'that' training practice incident-, does nothing but draw an amused smile.

Suddenly, I have a bad feeling about this-!

"Aura Shield...!"

Enough for me to invoke a shield in front of us.

With the momentum backing us up, this should be enough to knock her down.

... Right?

-------

Amamiya Sho
    Weakest One
    Faction: SDCD

Stats

STR: C (30)
    VIT: A (50)
    AGI: E (10)
    SEN: C (30)
    RES: A (50)

Resist: Electricity

Current COMP heat: 5/10

Spells Used:

-Aura Shield-
    Element: Spirit
    Different from the Karn and Wall Families of Spells, which could be said to guard against “spells” themselves, Aura Shield is simply a barrier of spiritual power one places in between themselves and the danger in question; a projected shield that can only absorb so much damage before shattering. As a spell it relies more on the skill of the user in order to utilize it effectively, as it can only defend in a single direction and thus requires active participation from the User. Particularly strong against projectiles such as bullets or low ranking elemental spells, as well as weaker Melee Attacks.

Bullseye (Shuichi)
    Element: Spirit
    A spell commonly used by Tamers who favor long-range attacks, and due to it’s nature, is not really a spell that ever goes “out of style.” A short term enchantment type spell that is most commonly applied to one’s weapon; touching the opponent with whatever was enchanted leaves an invisible crest upon that point of contact.

This Crest acts as a beacon for the spiritual power of the caster, and draws it towards itself, effectively turning all later spells into homing spells. The more crests present on a target’s body, the stronger this homing effect becomes; length of the crest duration is dependent on the target’s current Resistance.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    DTG
    ??? Sea ~ ???
    Tuesday ~ ???

"..."

It takes awhile for Burroughs to respond with words.

Holding the metaphorical card in her hands, the younger A.I has gone from being overwhelmingly energetic to suddenly silent in but the course of a few heartbeats. It's somewhat of an awkward pause, the sort of pause that seems destined to be born when the one you're talking too apparently has next to no experience with interacting with anyone else, but after a few seconds...

"...Okay! I'll take it!"

The silence once again gives way to an explosion of cheer as the girl spins a few times in her chair, brandishing the card above her head as if wanting to show it off to the world-! Of course, some of the things you had said had certainly still registered in her head as strange, but she seems to understand the concept of a [Bond] when she sees one, and perhaps out of an intense desire for companionship of any sort, doesn't seem to question it in the slightest-!

"Ah, but when you get a gift, you're supposed to give one back right...?"

Saying this more to herself than to you, the cheerful silver-head stops spinning just as quickly as she had started, one hand coming down to smash into her own palm as she seems to come to some sort of conclusion-!

"You're a detective right? So you should like information about strange things right? There's some stuff I'm not allowed to give you, but here-!"

So saying, the girl outstretches her hand towards you.

Inside of her palm forms a little 'notebook,' the sort you would see a police officer use in those old detective dramas from the Old World...

"I'm supposed to keep an eye on everything, but my User wanted me to pay special attention to these guys. If they started acting strangely, I was supposed to tell the User right away-! I'll give you a copy of what they left me, it'll be our secret okay? Although it's not very clear what it actually means..."

Burrough's Note

Hearts

-Namasaki Shuichi
    -Medrod Pendragon
    -Blaise Pendragon
    -Issac Angelos
    -Mary Fairchild
    -Zerah Meir
    -Mikagura Mika

Swords

-Saria Justus
    -Nadia Starr
    -Fujimoto Chiyoko
    -Adala Lagerkvist
    -Elizabeth Rosanna Lagerkvist
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Medical Bay
    Tuesday - Afternoon

"Perseverance, penitence, and power..."

Words spoken in deep contemplation, as if repetition would allow him to better analyze them. Of course such things are not a lie, Rothschild is certainly the strictest of the Big Four, and the life those on this ship lead is never allowed to be too easy, but...

It's a place that is rewarding in it's own way, and for those who make their home here, well...

It is 'home.'

A massive futuristic, flying battleship of a home, but a home nonetheless, and...

"Very well. I do not believe myself lacking in any of those areas."

...While he's a bit more polite than you feel the entity from the other day would have been, the way that Omega ultimately answers your question reveals at least a bit of the pride it's previous self had possessed...

"If the time comes when I am able, I would like to fight with you again human... Under less hostile circumstances of course, I think we could each learn a bit from the other."

So saying, Omega falls silent, and you...

"So, what do you think?"

Are called back outside of the Chamber, where Adala waits with her hands in the pockets of her jacket. Her eyes are trained on Omega's room through one way glass, and having been left by himself once more, the android silently floats inside of his sealed pod, looking around at the rest of the room with the eye of someone that has little else to do...

"It proposed the same request to me. I have my own thoughts on it, but I'd like to hear your opinion as well, seeing as how you interacted with him longest when he first appeared... Do you believe he's telling the truth?"

Eyes closed as she speaks...

The Commander waits to hear your honest opinion.
    Last edited by Airen; October 17th, 2019 at 10:55 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Vatican City
    ??? - Morning

"The Holy City... I've always wanted to come here at least once."

---It's slow, and subtle, but before you can even realize it's happening, you find that you've gotten caught up in this person's pace.

It's the pace of a tourist, of an explorer, of someone who wouldn't leave a foreign land before seeing everything there was to see about the place, and indeed... Having hurried to keep pace with the woman as she wandered off into the holy city, it is perhaps a sort of curse of obedience that has you wandering around the city right along with her...

"She's not the type to head straight to the base. When Nakamura-san leaves Japan, it's rarely just for business... If she can get away with it, she's the sort that would like to see the local culture as well... Museums, historical sights, restaurants... Although her favorite is definitely the restaurants... I've heard there are some good pizzeria's around here, so that might be a good place to look-!"

---While a part of you certainly questions her logic at times, the woman all seems so certain about what "Nakamura-san" would do in basically all scenarios that you more or less go along with her whims... At this point it's in for a penny in for a pound, and while a more cynical person might think she is simply using you as a makeshift guide to the Vatican City, that sort of thought probably never crosses your mind...

When it comes to food -and this person eats a lot in spite of her figure- she always offers to buy you some as well; of course, you are the sort that doesn't need to eat in spite of being capable of it, but the casualness of her offers seem to hint that she doesn't see you as particularly different to anyone else...

She never makes a big deal about it.

---Time passes, and while you continue to not run into Nakamura-san, the 'feeling' that you should continue to stick with her if you wish to do so remains prevalent within you; in the modern day, this feeling could be linked to one's sixth sense, the whispers of your soul that warn you of dangers and can sometimes tell you where to go... But such whispers are more often than not incomprehensible, simple feelings that may or may not ever be deciphered to the point of 'truth.'

Either way, you can't back down now.

...Angels dance through the skies, and the St. Peter's Basilica is the same as ever; one cannot help but know their hometown like the back of their hand most of the time, and seeing as how this city was once the entirety of your world, it's unsurprising that you don't find the basilica quite as fascinating as your new acquaintance does, but...

Sitting on stone steps, as the sun begins it's slow descent towards the horizon...

The day seems to prove itself as something meaningless, a wild goose chase, a fish falling for the bait on the hook, but...

"I can see why they say it's one of the Greatest Churches in the world," sitting along with you on the steps, the perpetrator of this particular wild goose chase doesn't seem to comprehend that you may be catching on, "Full of history, well-crafted... Although I guess I'm not too big a fan of the tombs. I've had a lot of run-ins with ghosts in my life."

Sighing to herself at this, as though the thought brought back memories, that woman...

"So, Eva right? You wanted to talk with me? I think I've run you around long enough, no?"

Finally admits to her joke, namely...

"I thought it was really obvious and you were just playing along but... Well, you wanted to talk to Nakamura Megumi right? Here I am."

...That.

Yes, that.

"Is there something I can help you with?"

Had you known all along, or...?

Even she seems unsure...
    Last edited by Airen; October 17th, 2019 at 10:52 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama Gakuen - School Grounds
    ??? - Morning

Common sense should dictate that she gets out of the way.

Even if she is a member of Aoyama Gakuen's Faculty, and consequently a person that is considered capable of keeping magic wielding students in line should things ever spiral out of control for some reason, there is no need for her to simply stand there and take this meteor strike head on; of course, the approaching students are moving quite fast, and had chosen to approach her behind the light of her own spell, so her ability to dodge in time is somewhat compromised, but...

---She still thinks she could do it.

Using a formula to boost her speed is unnecessary, and having identified a particular auto-skill when it devastated the rest of the class, she has already filed away the use of such things as unviable; still, while she isn't the type to fight too often, her natural specs are high and her mind is fast, so...

It should be possible.

---Even so, she decides not to do so.

"Okay! Come on then-!"

Opening up her arms wide, the woman's intent becomes both clear and baffling in the same moment.

Namely, she intends to stop this falling meteor with her bare hands. There are a few reasons as to why, from deciding that she'd have more control over you if she caught you to thinking that it would be a shame if she just moved out of the way after the both of you came this far, but...

Ultimately, she just thinks this path is more interesting-! Can she catch it? It's a question that burns in her now that she's thought of it, her naturally inquisitive mind deciding that she might as well just go ahead and find out now, and-!

Ground shattering beneath her, the woman's body refuses to bend even when the earth itself gives way.

Rocks scatter from the point of impact, a trail of destruction tearing it's way through the simulated earth as the nurse refuses to relent in her decision to stop this attack head on; it's crazy, the world becoming a green and brown blur as the woman is pushed back with excessive force, gripping onto the azure shield in front of her with monstrous strength-!

It doesn't end there either, as the impact trail slows, as the woman overcomes common sense and the speed of your strike begins to slow bit by bit, she pulls back one of her hands even as she is pushed, forms a fist and-

"Hah-!"

Punches the azure barrier with all of her strength.

---It cracks.

It's just a single hit, but that spell cracks all the same.

It's crazy, but the faculty had always been sort of insane-!

Her stance never breaks, the impact continues to push her back towards the front lawn of the school building, and one punch quickly turns into a dozen as she hammers a shield to absolute pieces with pure brute force-!

For a nurse, isn't this a bit much?!

An azure barrier falls away, and with it, Shuichi's existence behind you also seems to disappear.

---Had he abandoned you to the fate of his failed plan? Or simply fallen away all on his own?

Either way, his disappearance is another nail in the coffin of your momentum, and with the shattering of the azure barrier, you're forced to swing -awkwardly- to oppose the fist that threatens to floor you right then and there-!

Amidst the sparkling lights of dissipating spells, that final clash finally brings your momentum to a stop as she gets ahold of Kioka's rims. It's the fulfillment of her ultimate goal, to simply catch the falling meteor that had threatened to bowl her over and eliminate it however she'd like, hefting you up and over her head in a manner that made it likely she intended to slam you down into the ground to eliminate you from the game, but-

"...!"

Before she can, a certain "treacherous knight" comes sliding along the ground at her legs, perfectly positioned to knock her off balance now that she was distracted with you; while a bit cruel towards you, it is not the sort of tactic that Shuichi is above using, after all, his victories typically come from being unorthodox and clever rather than overwhelming his opponents with power, and the dive of your combined meteor had certainly resulted in an explosion of light and sound that would leave any normal warrior a bit dazzled, but...

"Nope!"

Leaping over his sliding kick even after being caught off guard, the woman's amused smile deepens as she barely evades it, heart pumping that adrenaline she craved as the idea that she had come close to being hit tickles her thoughts, but...

That jump loosens her grip on you.

---It's the one chance you've got, so you kick yourself away from her, her gaze drifting away from Shuichi and back to you now that his attack has missed, but...

This guy.

---Knowing him like you do, you make sure to gain some height in your escape, because...

He's not one for straightforward attacks, as absurd as it might seem...

This was all probably some convoluted set-up-!

"---Oh?"

There's a whistling sound from something whirling beneath you just before you land back on your feet, an azure something heading straight on through the dissipating fragments of your azure barrier.

The nurse's charge to follow after you stops immediately, and her arms become pinned to her sides by a spectral blue chain, as in the distance, Shuichi's slide stops unnaturally, one arm snapping back as the nurse refuses to be simply pulled off her feet, but-

"This is interesting-!"

Seemingly surprised, the woman pauses for a moment -likely gathering strength to break herself free from her binds- and you...
    Last edited by Airen; October 18th, 2019 at 11:29 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Medical Bay
    Tuesday - Afternoon

"So, what do you think?"
    Logan furrowed his brow. His discussion had been equal parts surprising and disappointing, but throughout it Omega had been nothing but accommodating. And he certainly had the power necessary to be a Rothschild combatant.

"It proposed the same request to me. I have my own thoughts on it, but I'd like to hear what you think."
    But could be he trusted?

Amelia, what do you think?

About if his motherboard’s got a hidden subroutine or something? That’s not my problem. This ‘Messiah’ being able to reprogram Suppression Weapons is impressive and all, but it’s not like androids are Macs you know; you can’t just compromise them with a finger snap. Sure, there could be another trap in his processors, but that’s for the technicians to bother with, not you. The Commander’s got better people to ask about that. She paused. But going by his statements, I support him. Every person has a right to be themselves. Though that all depends on what’s the truth and what’s not, so what do you think, Logan?

What was the truth? The undeniable confidence as he burst through Amelia’s Zio or grabbed onto her? The immediate dodge of his Vajra and his unrelenting blows? Or the apologetic confusion of today, as he overwrote the prior paradigm?

"If the time comes when I am able, I would like to fight with you again human... Under less hostile circumstances of course, I think we could each learn a bit from the other."
    “Both times I’ve encountered him, he’s been nothing but straightforward. I can’t speak for the integrity of his systems, but I believe his request is genuine. That desire for redemption is something I support, Commander.”

And if things worked out with Omega, then maybe they’d do the same with Sarah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    "That's the real goal behind this after all, to foster a better sense of global unity between Tamers. How do you feel about it? Nervous?"
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR - Brewed Awakenings (Rothschild Branch)
    Wednesday - Evening

Ludwig's expression hardly ever changes, a honed mask showing only stoicism. Yet the words that leave his lips--

"Well, maybe a little bit."

--indicate some doubts.

"It'll take some getting used to I'm sure. Each faction is different in their own ways, while our goals align the way we go about them is different. I'm confident we'll get along with the SDCD, and the Church shouldn't be an issue either. The knights on the other hand, I'm ... not sure how to interact with them. I get the impression they'll be the most notable presence on the ship."

A light flashes in his eyes, as Ludwig recognizes that that comment might have seemed rude.

"Not that that's a bad thing of course, but when you hear about the knights their lives and adventures in the news, it all seems so, uh, well, grander than life? It's a bit hard to know where to draw the line between facts and fiction with them."

He composes himself returning to usual calm expression.

"As for the others thinking that we're shady..."

A quick shift in topic.

"I think once they spend some time on this base they'll reconsider that outlook. I find it hard to believe the others would find us suspicious once they see how homey this place is, and if they'd catch a glimpse of you in that cute sweater drinking your holy coffee... Well I don't think anyone would even be able to call us shady or untrustworthy."

Lydia:

What?

It seems that this time there's no flash of recognition.
    Last edited by Zurvan; April 14th, 2020 at 12:33 PM.

Eva Ellet
    Vatican City
    ??? - Morning

It would seem that my little journey to find Nakahara Megumi has finally come to a close- not without having had its fair share of detours along the way, as the number of restaurant receipts and museum visits can attest, but as for its conclusion…

If you had asked me at the start, I would have been very shocked, but by now it’s something that I’ve been suspecting for a while.

And really, as she says, it was quite obvious- it was simply because I was certain that Nakahara Megumi would have taken the Spirit Pulse that I didn’t make the connection earlier… but that was only a poorly conceived notion I had because I didn’t know her beyond her reputation. It was hard to imagine such a figure taking a normal flight… but as the day went on and on, it became more and more clear that it was exactly the kind of thing she would do.

So by the time she decides to reveal the obvious lie, I don’t react with much more than a simple nod.

Of course, I wasn’t absolutely certain it was the case and I’m quite happy that my suspicions turned out to be true- although, truth be told, I wouldn’t have minded too much if I had been wrong. I’ve lived here for a long time and as a result the city isn’t really all that exciting to me, but today was… good. It was enjoyable to watch someone else have fun here.

…I guess I just didn’t have anything better to do. That’s probably a rather terrible excuse to do absolutely nothing for the day.

But more importantly, since my suspicions did turn out to be true…

"Is there something I can help you with?"
    “Yeah…”

I’m trying to think about the best way to ask. It’s something I should have thought about quite a lot beforehand, but now that I finally have the opportunity it’s hard to find a good answer.

“You’re one of the major creators of COMPs, right?”

I decide to omit the part about Anti-Spirit Suppression Weapons- it’s a little too on the nose, although perhaps it’s too late for me to try subtlety, given that I’ve never been good at it.

“I was curious about your thoughts on them, as one of the people who played such a vital role in their creation. For example…”

My gaze wanders towards St Peter's Basilica- an appropriate backdrop for such a question, I think, but more importantly it brings to mind something she just said.

“They’re based off the user’s memories, right? And as a result, they resemble people close to the user, or the user themselves. If those people were no longer around, then…”

“Doesn’t that make them like ghosts, in a sense?”
    Last edited by Satehi; October 20th, 2019 at 01:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Vatican City
    ??? - Morning

"Hmm, straight for the tough questions, huh?"

Of course, it is only natural to seek her out for this sort of thing, so she can't really say that's she's surprised now that you've put your thoughts to words, still...

"Well, it'll be a bit of a lecture, but I'll answer as best as I can... Least I can do, considering you put up with me all day."

Closing one eyes again in a mischievous fashion, the woman's azure hair falls into her eyes as she glances down at her white jacket, hand fishing around for what seemed to be a carton of cigarettes and a lighter... It's a bit of an obvious bad habit to have, and one that the woman had already indulged herself in once or twice before today, but it seems...

Like it helps her think, or at least...

That's the 'feeling' you get from it.

"To start... I guess I'll talk about the nature of Plumes of Dusk. Of course it's still a studied field, and we don't understand them 100%... But I do have my theories on the subject, and I suppose I am an expert."

A single drag of the cigarette, then:

"They are strangely drawn to humans, to the point of establishing a deep connection with the first one they touch... Of course that's common knowledge, but they don't do the same for demons; and when they do establish that connection, the first thing they do is take form from our memories... Although I think it'd be more accurate to say that they take inspiration from our memories... It's like they want to learn to act like we do, so they use our memories and emotions as a base to grow themselves off of... A starting point, if you will..."

It's not a matter of yes or no, rather...

"In that regard they are somewhat different from ghosts. While they might be similar to their 'model' they are not the same being, and given time, will certainly grow out more obviously in their own way... They can't perfectly replicate their base, nor should they replicate that base... Plume or human, in the end, everyone is their own individual being... Ghosts are a different phenomena -no less real mind you- and is more akin to a powerful soul refusing to let go of the physical world, but..."

A sympathetic smile:

"You were being a bit more metaphorical, right? Are you worried that you're not your own person...?"

Seems she may have looked through you a bit...

"...Or are you worried that you're too much your own person?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Aoyama Gakuen ~ S.O.S Club
    ??? - Afternoon

"..."

In some ways, it is logic that is perfectly designed to exploit the mentality of a certain "Ultimate Senpai." Seeing as he was the type that was apparently far more concerned with others than himself, to ask him to do something for his own sake would almost certainly be met with refusal, after all, he had seemingly already chosen to skip it for the purposes of working on other things, thus...

---Rather than ask for him, you ask for you.

If Shuichi really is how he acts, then that's the sort of method that would produce the best results; if allowing you to see the wound would dissuade your 'distraction' and help you study then...

...He is more or less obligated to do so, or at least...

...That seems to be the logic path that somehow led to this absurd outcome, one that would almost certainly explode into school rumor if anyone happened to walk in while it was going on-!

Of course, it's only natural that Shuichi is muscular; the realities of life as a Spirit Tamer were such that most members were physically fit... It was the sort of thing that was simply useful to have on the job, a weaker body could easily become a hindrance over time, and the extreme nature of the activities that Tamers were subjected too would also lead to this sort of well-honed body over time, yes...

It's completely natural. It's a sight that many of the girls in your class would be screaming if they knew about, but one that is natural nonetheless-!

There is one part that's a bit off from the rest, namely...

The part beneath the white cloth, which had revealed itself to be a bandage... That part of his body...

Was pitch black.

It's not the simple discoloration of a bruise or other impact wound, it is like someone literally dipped his shoulder in black ink and let it dry... It's bizarre to the touch -malleable in a manner similar to mud- and...

"...It's a curse. Got it the other day. It's a known Eclipse Phenomena... Research says it'll resolve itself over time."

In other words, he just has to wait it out, but...

Something about the wound... Looking at it closely...

It's like there's something buried deep inside, you can't see it with your eyes, but somehow...

You feel like there might be something small -barely perceptible- in there...

Meanwhile...

---

"..."

---Somehow, this fellow A.I remains intimidating in spite of voluntarily opening up her communication channels on request. Perhaps it's the crimson eyes of her avatar? The no-nonsense way she's staring at Chris and Shuichi's interactions? Or simply the fact that she doesn't seem like the type who naturally smiles, whatever the case may be...

"...Her personality is surprisingly forceful."

These words -a description of your user- come across as mild relief...

"Does she corner you in a similar manner?"

Because at least it's small talk-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama - Abandoned Apartment Complex
    ??? - Morning

"..."

Silence, followed by a relenting -but reluctant- sigh as the woman straightens her stance, the -slight predatory- nature of her earlier approach fading back to the usual Tsukiko-brand laziness...

"That's... Reasonable, I guess."

While the words imply she's relented in the face of your logic, she almost seems disappointed by how few holes she can actually find in it's execution-! It's a much more reasonable reaction than the one you would have gotten from Noriko, who likely would have just called you crazy/walked off in a huff/cried about you being mean to her, depending on her mood on the day in question, in comparison to that, this is...

Pretty much a normal, (slightly more) mature person's response?!

Of course, it is also mentally damaging in it's own way, the sort of response that has the older woman rubbing at her head as if she had somehow gained a migraine from your words, and thus the earlier atmosphere of camaraderie seems like it'll fade away in a blast of tired humor, but...

Before either of you can say anything else...

The creaking of a door opening on the first floor, as well as the sounds of footsteps on groaning wooden floors...

Can be heard from just around the corner...

On the other end of the house, from either the room at the end of the hallway, or the one directly to it's right, both of which had been closed during your earlier exploration...

...Maybe it really is haunted?
    Last edited by Airen; October 20th, 2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama - Abandoned Apartment Complex
    ??? - Morning

"............"

A creak. Of a door opening. Footfalls. Of someone walking on the wooden floor.

Blaise's eyes narrowed as his head slowly turned towards the doorway of the parlor, and the hallway beyond it from which these sounds had emanated from. How could he have missed it? Usually he was alert to any sort of changes in his environment, something that came with hunting thugs at the streets of Aoyama who loved their ambushes and surprise attacks, but this time... he had been distracted. Was it the house and the memories he had found within it? Or had it been the melody of the piano that had captivated him for just a moment?

Whatever the case, he had to brush it aside for now.

There was an intruder in the house. And Tsukiko, someone who was (or at least claimed) to be long-lived, yet showed clear signs of being sickly thanks to her pale countenance... thus, it was left up to him to do something about this possible, no, probably threat. Normal people didn't come into abandoned houses such as this. And the types of creatures it would attract were... always trouble.

Blaise felt his instincts flare up.

And for some reason, it felt almost as if he had been in a similar situation with his sister.

--------- Protect others. That's what your body is good for.

He could almost hear his old man's voice in that thought that passed by his head, and though he didn't like it... he agreed with it.

"... Wait here," Blaise said with a soft, yet strong, murmur - almost like a whisper.

Then he left the parlor.

Entering the hallway with the wooden floor, Blaise slowly took his hands out of his pockets. The right one clenched into a fist, ready to strike at anything that might have come at him from the shadows. While it was a mere punch, he knew from experience that if you punched something supernatural hard enough, even it was capable of feeling it. His left hand, meanwhile, remained open... though it beckoned Kaguya out of her muted mode to serve as a second pair of eyes and to activate any spells or abilities he'd need her help with. A dual technique, one trained by years of prowling the streets. His main methods were physical, and his main opponents were ruffians, but that wasn't the only thing the blonde boy had faced out there.

He steadied his breathing.

A thin whisp of flames, the color of the dark side of the moon, escaped his lips. He made sure to set his weight evenly so as to not make the floorboards creak as he approached the door at the end of the hallway. As he arrived to the door, his whole body tensed up, like some sort of big cat or another large predatory-animal ready to pounce. His left hand, still open and fingers ready, set itself against the old door, ready to pull it aside.

--- A moment's thinking, and Blaise's right hand relaxed form a fist... only to tense into a sort of a claw with his fingers.

This intruder... he had no idea what it was.

Therefore, better safe than sorry.

He'd shoot in like a sprinter, grapple the target, and force it to the floor to take a good look at just what he had found. Lock its arms behind its back and press his own knee against its legs to prevent movement. That was, of course, as long as the opponent was a physical being. If it wasn't... then, his left hand and Kaguya would get some work. Prepare for every occasion. Trust your own toughness, but do not overestimate it. Always try to end the fight without needless violence if possible. Ascertain your opponent and their intention before you beat them to the ground.

... Just a small list of what advice his mother had given him.

---- In any case.

He was close enough.

Blaise silently drew in one last breath, and...

"------------------!"

Threw open the door, kicking the wooden boards with his feet to blast in, his hands reaching out for the target which to grapple to the floor---!

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama - Abandoned Apartment Complex, ???'s Room
    ??? - Morning

The once quiet house erupts with the noise of a sudden assault.

Rather than a tactic that relies purely on stealth, your explosive entry into the room is one that relies much more heavily on the factor of "shock," of your opponent being too distracted by the sudden explosion of noise and visual stimuli that they are unable to mount a proper defense, and indeed...

The charge that carries you into the room does so with such reckless abandon that even you can't get a good visual on the person you're grabbing... And it is indeed a person, the hand that grasps their shoulder feels the soft brush of long black hair against it's fingers, the body that -resists slightly- before being pushed down onto it's knees is distinctly humanoid in nature, and...

"..."

...The figure is also strangely familiar, as if your mind had already logged this particular 'shape' as that of 'someone you knew.'

And indeed...

With one knee pressed up against their legs, and their arms pinned behind their back, the person you had forcefully grappled to the ground is certainly someone you know; but at the same time, the sight of them being there is something that causes your own mind to second-guess itself, because...

"..."

It's Tsukiko.

The same Tsukiko that had just looked at you confused when you had left the parlor.

You know she's still in that place -her slower, less careful footsteps are still headed in your direction- so the sheer idea that you had somehow managed to tackle and pin her to the ground in spite of that physical impossibility is one that might make your mind stutter for a moment, perhaps consider that perhaps this house's more 'haunted' atmosphere was causing you to see things, but...

"...Hi~"

...It's got her voice too.

Of course while the voice itself is close to identical, the way that she's using it is pretty unlike her... It's a voice that's almost sultry in it's delivery, the sort of voice that makes this situation seem far more indecent than it actually was, yes...

Looking up at you with crimson eyes, head tilted just far enough that she can see your face in spite of her torso being pushed up against the ground, that girl, the look-a-like-!

"Hmm, kinda cute I guess~"

Melts out of your grasp and into the floor.

Like a shadow returning to the shadows, it slides out of your hands like it's body had turned into some sort of liquid, and...

"My old room huh...? You're not... Trying to raid the drawers are you?"

...Unlike yourself, who had switched back over to a more 'serious' state, the Tsukiko that had followed you from the parlor...

Doesn't seem to realize that anything is amiss...
    Last edited by Airen; October 21st, 2019 at 07:49 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris / Daisuke
    Aoyama Gakuen ~ S.O.S Club
    ??? - Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "Does she corner you in a similar manner?"
    "Ahaha... only when I mess up..."

Shuichi's COMP is as hard to read as he is. Even though it's usually Chris on the back foot, this time Daisuke's the one stumbling over his words.

He can handle kids. He can handle the elderly, and teenager, and monsters. But stern, adult-like figures like Shuichi's COMP are... difficult. It doesn't help that, unlike Shuichi, his COMP is showing little in the way of accommodation. Her piercing red stare feels like being out in the sun, slowly burning. Even though, Daisuke knows, she can't be much older than him in terms of real years.

"Chris usually isn't this... intense," he continues, looking over at the situation. "Usually she's somewhere around zero, but if she gets to a hundred... she stops taking 'no' for an answer. And when she's in a difficult situation..." Meaning, in this case, any new ground whatsoever. "It's all or nothing."

Of course, the situation here is absolutely ridiculous. An adult woman bent low over a young man as he bares his chest and abdomen to her, on university property no less! It is the height of scandal, no matter the context. And, given Mokujima Chris' past, it's no doubt that, right now, she is...!

Zero. Nothing. Mokujima Chris has stopped functioning.

"..."

In retrospect, this should have been the expected outcome. After all, when confronted by the glistening abs of the man she has a crush on, the first she has ever seen, what former NEET would be able to think straight? There's simply no way. All of Chris' worries have indeed been assuaged. This is no longer a terrible mystery; it is an even worse certainty.

"...oh. Oh no. Maybe I should-."

"Structural Grasp."

Daisuke's functions are momentarily overwritten. He blinks as the spell request runs through his system, and obliges, relaying the formula back to Chris.

"A foreign object," she concludes. It's fine. Don't think about it. Everything's fine. She's just doing maintenance on Daisuke's adult form. That's all. Repeating such self-delusion, she presses on. "No spells against curses, but... the source, perhaps... hold still."

Mokujima Chris steadies her shaking hand, channels the spell through her fingers - a field test on first use isn't ideal, but it'll have to do - and reaches...!

"So, um." Politely looking anywhere but at the growing scandal before him, Daisuke finds himself staring at the intimidating COMP again. "H-hi. Nice to meet you. What's your...?"

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama - Abandoned Apartment Complex, Tsukiko's Room
    ??? - Morning

What the hell...?

That was the thought running through Blaise's mind like a bullet speeding down a shooting range towards a target.

Not only had he caught the most unexpected target... the person he had been in this house to begin with, who was definitely somewhere else as well, but they had become nothing more than shadows in his hands and disappeared into the darkness of the room. That in itself was enough to cause all sorts of alarm bells ring in his head, and thus, without properly answering Tsukiko's question, he rose up from the floor and retreated a few steps, keeping his guard up and his hands ready - one in a fist and one open, at his sides.

"................."

Once he had instinctively set himself between Tsukiko and whatever attack that might be coming from the shadows of this obviously (now more than before) haunted house, Blaise let his eyes scan the perimeter, trying to determine whether that look-a-like was still around. At the same time he was trying to make sense of what he had seen. A ghost that was capable of mimicking those associated with their place of haunting? A doppelgänger of some sort, here to cause chaos and havoc? Some sort of residual memory of this house's original inhabitant which had gained a life of its own?

... Honestly, he had no idea. Identifying threats had never been his strong suit. He left that to the eggheads.

But what he did know was...

--- Whatever the second Tsukiko was, he didn't like it.

No human being looked at another human being with those sort of eyes, and the tone of her voice had made Blaise feel... unsafe, in many meanings of the word. While normally someone just straight up complimenting his looks like that would have left the blonde boy more than a bit flustered, this time... it didn't cause such a reaction. Instead, it cause a shiver run down his spine. He didn't like the way this second Tsukiko looked at him, nor did he like the way he spoke at him, and thus...

... He prepared for a battle.

"--- I doubt you have a secret twin sister who was mysteriously murdered in this very room," Blaise grunted, still trying to sense if they were in danger. "Nor do I think that you had a pet doppelgänger in this house that you just conveniently forgot. So... either I think we have a spirit with a rather nasty sense of humour in our hands, imitating you... or there's something seriously wrong with this house. Any ideas?"

Blaise drew a deep breath, before suddenly thinking back to what Tsukiko had actually said when she entered the room... and frowned to himself.

"... And no. I have no interest in your old, out-of-fashion underwear."

Just what sort of pervert did she take him for!
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; October 23rd, 2019 at 06:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    DTG
    ??? Sea ~ ???
    Tuesday ~ ???

"Our secret huh? I like the sound of that, Burroughs."

Figuring out motivations was a key role of a detective. It was a critical skill to be able to assess somebody, be they perpetrator, witness, hell, even client and figure out what someone wanted and what they would do to get it. He had an idea that by asking for it to be kept secret, there was a damn good reason for that, even if she herself didn't fully understand such.

Self preservation.

She was doing something she shouldn't, and there was evidence her user was not kind. Even if she didn't remember such, it was entirely possible somewhere in the back of her system she recognized a potential danger in giving out details of her mission. Her conscious mind did not entirely grasp the point, but it certainly stood to reason that a part of her would definitely seek to ensure this decision of hers would be kept between the two of them.

...Or of course, maybe she was just a kid, and kids liked secrets. That couldn't be entirely discounted as a possibility either, even if the older detective doubted it. But as he had said to Raz, you should not be afraid of a deductive assumption, but you should also prepare to be wrong.

"And you aren't wrong kid. You got good manners. And if you gotta give when you get, then you got the bulge on me seeing as how you let me dip my bill," The DTG said, taking another sip of increasingly soggy eggs and thankfully still hot coffee.

That was true. She had treated him to a drink. or a meal, depending on how you defined "eggs in the coffee." Hell, she wasn't even eating herself. "Ill pay the favor when I can."

...Now, it was notable he did in fact, have a drink on his person he might have offered, a certain substance located in a small silver flask located in the right inner pocket of his trench coat but maaaaaaaaaaybe she was a little young for that.

...Offering whiskey to a minor would have the appearance of proffering a type of bond very different then the client and detective one he had imagined moments before!

Looking through the journal entry, the DTG keyed in on a few interesting factors. He did not recognize all the names on, but the ones he did recognize were all the names of people who possessed significant personal strength, significant wealth or significant political power. Some possessed all of the above. It was a pretty good bet that even the names that he did not recognize were personages of similar importance and prowess. Arguably in a greater fashion, since they had amassed power equal to the names he did recognized, but were possessed of enough subtly and cleverness to do so while remaining off the radar.

A deduction was possible. This was a list of people who had power. And it must have been a pretty high threshold of power. Fame in its way was a type of power, of influence. Raz Stone was one of the more famous knights of the new generation, yet his name was not on the list. Therefor the threshold must be quite high.

Hmm...one further item of note. He remembered the Pendragon family being involved in a major event years back, therefor the pretense of one on this list was validated his theory...however...he did not remember the name Blaise. Either he was wrong...or his assumption needed a tweak. Perhaps this was a list of people with access to power...?

it bore significant thought the Pendragon listed was not one of the ones who had engaged in the great battle.

Blackmail or ransom targets? Or...perhaps viewed from another lens...

It was possible that he had begun his investigation from the wrong premise. The DTG seriously doubted the possibility, but being a detective meant considering all variables. What if the Burrough's operator was less an adversary and more the desperate..?

Of course his actions up until this point taken in a vacuum left his credibility no favors, damaging the premise, however...

The list is incomplete....

The DTG's eyes narrowed, he knew for a fact people were being investigated who were not on the list.

Logically then...suppose one were attempting to compile potential resources for a new conflict. If credit were extended to the Burrough's operator, it was worth noting that while having a bit of an asshole, nobody had actually died due to his actions that the Microphone knew of. Instead, all of his actions appeared to be gathering information on promising candidates. Sara Cross had famous kin, and herself was a strong squire candidate, poised for leaps and bounds in the near future. The drone which had investigated her had been an inconvenience, an annoyance, she had not actually been in danger.

And the DTG's own theory on the events with the matador had been that in fact, the adversary had been trying to save Raz Stone, not slay him, when he had believed the Matador had been about to kill him.

The DTG had analyzed the fight and considered it more likely that Raz's ploy would have won the battle if uninterrupted, but that was because he understood what was happening. An observer could easily have concluded that a promising young knight was about to meet his end right then and there, and thus intervened.

Taken a step further, you might even surmise that the adversary had actually hobbled his own efforts by intervening, thus providing information that would lead to his own discovery, in order to save the bard knight.

Therefor....a candidate pool...

A list of potential resources for a future endeavor. For example, a conniving schemer, seeing some great danger in the future, willing to take morally dubious actions in the service of a perceived greater good. The list then could potentially be the pre-winnowing period of a team. Most were young, but there were a few people who were more experienced, potential captains or mentors. There were battle leaders, as well as support personal such as Raz.

This did lead credence to the theory.

The DTG knew Raz to be a silly, foppish knight, but there was no arguing to his morality. The kid would straight up die saving lives, or just Doing the Right Thing. He would not be tempted, and threatening him or attempting coercion would be a dubious preposition at best. But appeal to his nobility...force him to choose between the greater good and an old personal grudge....

Most of the other names, those that were recognizable had similar at least public personas. Even that were not recognizable had evidence suggesting this was true of them as well. Take the Pendragon. Applying what the DTG already knew, suppose he were someone who fit the basic mold. The deduction then, was this was a boy in the mold of the great Pendragon hero. A son, or younger brother perhaps, eager to make his own mark with the strength of the noble bloodline.

The kind of person to whom a certain asshole might say "hey, you don't like me, but I know this is about to happen, and you are going to help me stop it or people will die."

The theory might be absurd but...

Is this the precursor to a job offer....?

Unfortunately at this stage of an investigation there was nothing to but craft theories, which would then require testing. And it was scary to indulge this one because he was not sure it was not seductively misleading because if true the Burrough's system...it was altogether to adorable not to like, would be in less danger then he previously thought.

Though I would still owe someone a piece of my mind anyway for misusing a newborn A.I. this way. The old computer thought, scowling.

...It was only then the Fedora wearing man suddenly remembered his surroundings, and the presence of a certain white haired girl he looked a bit nonplussed considering her gift had jolted a rather scary look to her new found friend's face.

"Sorry kid." He apologized, schooling his features into a placating grin. "Got a little outta my head for a minute. to be honest, I feel like I am drinking the giggle juice and three into the jujus for real, don't know whether I am coming or going. I'll pay you back for the drink soon as I can. dinner and all, cross my chest."

"Do me a favor, I want you to keep that card close kid, don't tell anyone about it."

The old man's eyes narrowed. "But say for whatever reason, you happen to be talking to a certain cat, and he seems to know more then he should and asks about either it or me..."

"...Well, you tell him I said we need to talk."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Amamiya Sho
    ??? - Morning

"This is bad...!"

Before I know it, I am caught in a meaningless battle against one hell of a nurse. If the average student can become a threat to me, then facing Irmina head-on is no different from willingly standing in front of a giant wave, awaiting a fated defeat that cannot be overcome. The funny thing is that I doubt that she ranks high within the faculty in terms of combat ability, let alone the fact that she clearly isn't taking this seriously. It's a frightening realization, one that makes you dread just how strong the rest of the staff might be. And yet, here we are, doing our best to hold our own against an opponent that is clearly out of our leagues. This is supposed to be an obstacle course, yet we are picking a fight against the first thing that dared to get in our way. It's a hilariously wrong approach to something that should have been simple from the start. Make no mistake, in such scenario, I would not hesitate to run away, leaving behind any and all comrades if it meant my own survival, but...

---Turns out Irmina is even more skilled than I thought.

Though her movements are seemingly clumsy and limited to one or two simple motions, there is an enormous strength concealed behind each blow, enough to make anyone wary. Moreover, exchange after exchange I become more convinced that her reactions are befitting of a an actual combatant, not one who simply stays on the sidelines. In other words, since I'd die if I lower my guard even for a moment, escape is nothing but a pipe dream if I can't create an opening to carry it out. And, in my current predicament, it appears that her next blow against me will be a sure hit...

---Crap.

The grip loosens for an instant. I take that opportunity without hesitation. I kick away from my opponent making sure to create a prudent distance between us. The moment I do, Shuichi's whole intention becomes as clear as day. Taking advantage of her momentarily broken stance, he uses the remains of my barrier as a catalyst to bring forth spectral chains, a momentary measure to pin down our enemy.

"What's your problem? What's the point in picking random battles against the faculty?! Do you have a death wish, idiot?!"

... I honestly don't know what I am supposed to take of this so, I yell. I mean, sure, I would have definitely got hit if he hadn't intervened, but he's also the one who got me into this mess, so he better not expect me to owe him anything. Moreover, I am the support type. Even if you bind an opponent for a moment, I lack any big spell to capitalize on that opening. If anything, our roles are reversed here. You are the stupid ace, so you should be the one dealing damage, not me-!

However.

There is no time to complain, there isn't even enough time to think. If I don't act immediately, Irmina will recover in the blink of an eye and we'll be back to square one. If that's the case, I should attack with everything I have, if only to at least slow her down some more. Yeah, against an opponent on this level, if we don't fight using everything at our disposal, we don't stand a chance even in a defensive fight. In the first place, the teachers and staff were the ones who 'declare war' on us, so it is to be expected that they are ready for retaliation. In that case, dirty tactics is something we should properly embrace if we want to move forward. Indeed, because no specific rules past the basics were announced by Lianne, that means subversion is not off the table.

"If you think this is interesting, then why not put more at stake? Irmina-san, once we 'take you down', you'll be joining our side-!"

'huh' would the reaction of an average onlooker.

It should be only natural. After all, it's a bold declaration that goes against common sense. I am asking a member of the faculty to turn against their comrades and fight for our cause instead. It should be something that a normal teacher wouldn't even give it a moment of consideration. But, there is a chance Irmina might act differently. If she's the sort of person who fights for the sake of her own amusement, then it's possibly that I can force her into some sort of a deal through what some would call a pact of chivalry.

Defeating her might be an impossible task on its own, but it is also our biggest hope. Because if this obstacle course has been arranged in the way I think it has, not a single student will arrive safely at the cafeteria if we don't break the rules of the game in some fashion.

"It doesn't have to be 100% cooperation. If your hands are tied, a temporary truce will do."

Funnily enough, it feels as if I were negotiating with a demon.

I guess it's more scary than it is funny, because I am letting go of the opportunity I had to attack her in order to convey the challenge.

If she just turns me down and attacks us without any warning, it'd be over then and there.

"I'll have to take you as a hostage if you refuse, so don't say I didn't warn you..."

Act though, Sho! Act though!

-------

(Secret) Action
    Kioka has silently allowed Sho to use Bullseye on Kyp once.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Amamiya Sho
    ??? - Morning

"Why do you always have to go against the momentum?! It's just a theory, but I'm pretty sure they're operating under different rules than the rest of us! One or two solid hits might be all it takes to remove them from the game-!"

The ever-calm senpai does what most of the student-body would deem as unthinkable, yelling back at you in the same 'annoyed' tone you had taken with him, claiming that he had his own theory on how this particular game had been 'balanced' to enable the students to actually stand a chance... Of course, while it's not one-hundred percent clear what would have given him that impression, you more than anyone else are pretty sure that one of his fabled 'hidden spells' is some sort of observation formula, but...

The way he says it implies that he's still unsure, that he's not completely certain, therefore...

It's still a risk-!

He had bet the both of you in an attempt to confirm or deny his little theory-!

Of course, those sorts of arguments between the two of you are normal, and do little to dissuade the flow of combat on it's own, no, what brings the mood of the fight to a sudden and brisk stop is...

Your own little plan, or rather...

"Hahahahaha~"

The nurse that had burst into laughter at your suggestion... It's a surprisingly musical tone, like nightingales singing on the wind, and...

"Turn me to your side if you win...? I like your guts, Amamiya!"

...While the other teachers would have responded in a different way, the 'oddity' that is this nurse's personality seems to actually have her considering the proposition, to the point where she even stops in her attempts to break free from the chains-!

"Okay sure! I like it! Hit me in the next exchange and I'll join your team~ You can tie me up, take me hostage, have me fight on your side, whatever you want! But..."

A glint in her eyes.

After all, if she is putting something on the line, then naturally the both of you have to as well-!

"Fail, and I'll eliminate you both on the spot. Not only that, I'll have you cleaning my office for the next month! Sound like a deal? I'll even keep these chains on till you're ready!"

She seems pretty confident, but...

It could also be her way of keeping things "interesting," even if it actively hampers her own chances of victory-!

"...Guess I'm in."

Shuichi's response is obvious, as the benefits are worth the risk, and you...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Aoyama, Tokyo
    ??? - Morning

---Aoyama.

It's a town of many names, the place where a number of battles for the fate of humanity reached their apex, and the birthplace for the modern "Magic Era" that humanity found itself comfortably settled in... It's the Magic City, a place of weird phenomena and magi-technology that make it just as bizarre a place as the SLEIPNIR, albeit, in a different kind of way...

Yes.

It's much warmer than the SLEIPNIR -more open obviously- with crowds of people -and some demons- running to and fro throughout the streets, wandering without fear through a place saturated with spiritual power, living life beneath a clear blue sky in a manner that you could almost call "carefree." It's not the first time you've been here, after all, the Rothschild and the SDCD do share a bit of history, but this is the first time you've found yourself here for reasons other than professional business, namely...

"Let's go out today. The Commander's given us some time off."

This.

"We don't have to act like Tamers all the time. Let's go do something else for once-!"

An unexpected proposition that you found yourself saying 'yes' to without really thinking about it-!

Of course, Astra herself is the type who loves to train... That's why hearing this proposition from her is so strange, it's the sort of thing that you wouldn't expect her to do -at least not at a glance- but then again, you were friends -or at least as close as Roth Tamers typically got to friends-, so..

Perhaps she had sensed you were in a certain sort of mood?

It was hard to say really, there were a number of reasons why she might invite you to use the ship's systems to teleport off to an entirely different section of the planet after getting permission from what must be at least two government officials, but it still feels bizarre, after all, while you have no reason to say no...

---For the life of you, you can't figure out why you were her first choice.

"...I'm a bit surprised. A lot of people really do gather here, huh? It's pretty different from back home..."

For Astra, who had more or less grown up inside the confines of the SLEIPNIR and it's guarded areas, the heavily-populated streets of Tokyo seem to have caught her somewhat off guard... It's the sort of reaction that makes it clear she's never been to this place before, but in spite of that...

"Still, I guess this is what an entertainment district should look like," smiling lightly to herself, the girl steps up onto her tiptoes as if to look out over the crowds, "Any requests? I've heard this place is a good tourist spot."

---Of course, this is true.

Aoyama was still an entertainment district after all, even if it's status as the "Magic City" sort of overshadowed it nowadays... There were restaurants, theaters, museums and games of all sorts, from batting cages and water parks to arcades and paintball and everything in between...

You could probably find it here, and...

Rather than lead the way herself, strangely enough...

It seems she wants to know what you like to do...

A genuine curiosity.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Tokyo
    ??? ~ Night

The Academy certainly looks different at night.

With the silver light of a crescent moon adorning a star-filled sky, the thin-levels of the clouds, when combined with the low temperatures of the night give rise to a thick fog that blankets the massive academy in an eerie cloud. It's something far removed from the hustle and bustle of the sunlit hours, with laughing and gossiping students running around as if they were perpetually late for something...

Yes.

Perhaps it's the lack of noise that makes it feel the most disconcerting?

Still...

Seeing as how you were here for the thrill of "mystery solving" alongside a certain Nanaya-senpai, it would definitely be out of place for the school to feel too comfortable... There's a certain thrill in embracing the fear of the unknown, of throwing oneself into the darkness of uncertainty to see what lies on the other side, and in that regard, a massive castle-like academy covered in fog was about as tone-perfect as one could get-!

Still, being someone interested in the mysteries of the academy, Nanaya-senpai had certainly seemed to have a massive list of "bizarre things" that were worth looking into... It was an amount that certainly couldn't be covered in a single night, but there were a few that stuck out inside of both your mind and hers, one or two of which you just might be able to hit tonight, such as:

1.) Homework that was left inside of the English Classroom was often graded by -someone- overnight.

2.) There was a piano in the Drama Club that would apparently play itself after the sun set-!

3.) Cackling mad-scientist-like laughter from the Cafeteria-!

4.) In the center of the school, in the inner gardens, a 'ghost girl' could apparently be spotted wandering around at night on foggy nights. While this could be explained away as simply a rogue student wandering where they shouldn't be, the student accounts of encounters couldn't seem to decide how 'old' the girl was... Some saying student age, others a child, others still an adult-!

Of course, weird phenomena are not isolated to the school... When it comes down to it, Aoyama is the sort of town where streets don't always go to the same destination every day, but-!

There was something more exciting about exploring a school building, yes-!

Walking slowly up to the gates, having been told by Nanaya to meet her here later on when you talked to her in the cafeteria, you find that you've seemingly arrived first, the older girl not waiting for you by the metallic fence...

Of course waiting isn't too big a deal, while it was a bit rude to be late, she had always seemed like the type who would be running a minute or two behind...

Of course, such thoughts...

Do little to dissuade the sudden anxiety that comes...

When you hear -quiet- footsteps...

Sneaking up behind you in the cover of the darkness and fog...

---It was probably a bad joke on her part, but...

But...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai