Amelia
Digital Sea ~ ???
??? ~ ???


Babel.

Likely meaning the Tower of Babel, a structure from Christian Mythology that was said to have been built by early humanity inside of the land of Shinar for the purpose of creating a structure tall enough to reach heaven; it was an action full of 'hubris' that caused God to destroy the "Unified Language," scattering the once united peoples out amongst the world, and could be called an origin myth for why the many peoples of the world speak different languages, of course...

---In this world, such things are more complicated than myth, after all...

Most myths had already effectively proven to be real, the supernatural was an accepted part of day to day life, and thus, while a structure is not something that one typically thinks of as a "Demon," because of it's role in the myth as a symbol of mankind's arrogance, it was quite possible that there was a Demon version of the "Tower of Babel," in existence, even if it's true origin is one that modern humans might never know, it is a certainly a big enough "concept" to be a horrendously powerful entity, yes...

A demon calling itself Babel...

It wasn't far-fetched at all, and considering your earlier encounter with the mysterious assailants and their whispered "Messiah" earlier in the week, perhaps there is a sort of connection here?

It is not a foolproof theory mind, after all, the concept of a "Messiah" is not one unique to Christian Myth, but...

---The timing makes it hard to believe that they're not related somehow, thus-!

"Yes! I am pretty sure it is not here to make friends, so stopping it is probably the best course of action!"

Pleased with herself for being helpful, and catching the hunt that she should perhaps send you back now, the younger A.I nevertheless throws both hands of her avatar up into the air-!

"I'll support you as best as I can, but keep me a secret, okay?"

A simple request.

One that is simple in some ways, and complicated in some others, but...

Before you can come to a conclusion on that particular request...

Your consciousness has already been pushed back out of that strange digital sea, back to a reality that...

Doesn't seem to have moved that much at all...

---

Logan Starbright
Aoyama, Tokyo (F-Zero Course)
???


Quote Originally Posted by Logan
“Astra, what do you think about that tower? Should we take it down?”
"...It feels sort of ominous I guess."

While Astra is not the sort to employ precognitive formulas, a good sense for the danger of a situation is relatively common amongst Tamers, and while the tower is simply a bizarre wire-frame like existence at a glance, that same existence comes across as inherently dangerous in spite of it's seemingly incomplete nature, as if something had 'frozen' it's existence before it could manifest itself completely, and yet, before she can make her own judgement about whether or not it should be treated as an enemy that must be defeated, it-



-takes that decision out of her hands with it's own actions.

You swerve the car to avoid the sudden concentration of spiritual power that had been fired at the car, prompted to move by the premonitions you had once lost faith in; it had been a straightforward attack made with pure force, or rather, due to working so closely with a number of users of a 'certain sort' of magic yourself, you can identify the blast for what it had really been, yes...

---While it had been a straightforward, explosive attack, one that you could avoid simply by making a sudden swerve, it had been an obvious manifestation of the "Almighty," a manifestation of that special power that is not completely understood, that humans typically have to 'stumble upon,' something that can't be taught directly, a power that few can oppose directly without possessing some form of it themselves, for it represents a more primordial "power-!"

The strike causes the digital world to "shudder," as something it has trouble comprehending is released within it's smaller digital sphere, the area where you had once been becoming a swirling sea of data as everything it had touched loses it's coherency, devolving into a swirling mess of numbers that considering the simulation, would have certainly forced you back to the real world, but...

---Considering the nature of Almighty Magic, it was also possible that it didn't matter if this was a simulation or not, because it would be able to hurt the real "you," all the same-!

Perhaps naturally, in response to this threat-!

"Intrusion detected! Intrusion detected! Non-Tamer personnel will be automatically evacuated in three, repeat, non-Tamer personnel will be evacuated immediately! Server lock-down is imminent. SDCD has been notified, Tamers are en route."

The artificial overseer of this small world immediately declares an evacuation, and a number of the weaker existences you had been able to feel before flicker out of existence as they are pulled back to the safety of 'reality.' As far as you can tell, other than yourself and Astra, the girl from back in the tunnels is still here, as well as one other person whose placement can't be clearly defined, considering...

The Tower itself had become something overbearing, a growing 'spiritual presence' that makes it hard to feel out anything else, in spite of the fact that it itself was clearly some sort of flawed manifestation-!

"Hah... It's never easy huh?"

Even so...

Even though your sudden swerve of the car had sent her up against the far wall of the vehicle, the silver-haired girl just sighs in the face of a sudden massive entity, something difficult to comprehend, but something that clearly means to cause some sort of "damage," and...

"Let's take it out. It opened fire in an area with civilians."

...Makes the decision a Tamer naturally would, after all...

While this is not an area under your typical jurisdiction, the SDCD had always been the organization most accepting of the Rothschild, a consequence perhaps of their shared involvement in the Kyuubi incident, so using your powers here should be fine, and besides...

---A Tamer is supposed to ensure peace, regardless of where they are-!

The road ahead leads straight towards the floating Tower, close enough that tactics beyond simple projectiles might be possible, while the other two roads go around it at a distance...

Behind you, the redhead explodes out from the now-distant tunnels in a burst of spirit power, and...

The Tower itself...

---Seems to be gathering spiritual power for some reason-!