Page 24 of 142 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS - Interior
    ??? - Afternoon

While Kagura and Miyu talked, Cosmos was content with listening while noting her surroundings and looking for any interesting places or exits, leading the group in the maze of LOVELESS. She was never too talkative after all, so listening enough for her.

Still, it was quite the interesting topic as far as a normal conversation goes.

The second Kyuubi incident... it still felt surreal that Miyu is really one of the heroes who fought that beast 20 years ago. She really doesn't look the part, and the fact that the girl fought alongside figures like Namasaki Kenji or her mother is quite the image; one that even makes her slightly jealous, if only because Cosmos is sure that she'd never have the opportunity to do so with her mother at all.

Of course, it's good that the world is peaceful enough that her mother doesn't need to do so, and she knew just how much Mary dislikes fighting...

But it would be a lie to say that she'd never imagined such scenarios herself.

'You could say Mary brought it to herself by telling you those stories.'

'Illia...' She warned, and as the AI fell silent in her mind, a small sigh escaped her lips. If there is one thing that she and Illia sometimes doesn't agree on, it's about Mary. It didn't happen often - and especially never when she's spending time with her mother - but once in a blue moon when her thoughts inevitably drifted off to her mother, Illia will make such comments. It was always subtle and passive-aggressive, but the fact that she could hear traces of something negative in the AI's tone is enough for Cosmos to realize that Illia is not particularly fond of Mary.

Which is bizarre and weird, considering the base for the AI is Mary herself.

At least, that's the impression that she got. Illia always denies it, saying that she merely wanted her to realize that Mary is not as perfect as she seems to be, but that is absurd. No one is perfect, true, but if there is someone that came as close to perfection as possible in this planet, then Cosmos fully believe that Mary is that person.

If there is a silver lining to this, it's that this happens rare enough that it doesn't really affect the bond and trust between her and Illia; or perhaps the fact that it doesn't affect their relationship while she would normally dislike someone for having such a view on Mary shows just how strong their bond is. It helps that Illia is still willing to help her to become closer to Mary despite that, such as earlier this week with guiding Mister Kenji.

A musing for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu
    "Yeah, that's a good way to put it! Everyone is really cool and super strong-! Really, I'm actually probably one of the less cool ones in comparison..."
    The sudden shift in her friend's mood was notable enough that Cosmos took a glance behind her and saw the pouting face of Fujiwara Miyu. Which isn't good, a smiling Miyu is better than a pouting Miyu, so what could she do to rectify this problem...?

The answer immediately came to her.

"It's okay Miyu." She reassured her friend with a smile. "You might not be as strong or cool as the other heroes, but at the very least you're definitely cooler than me. You're still a hero after all."

Indeed, she only knew the other heroes by name after all, and not necessarily their abilities or role in the incident; so if Miyu judged herself to be the least powerful and cool one among them, then she's probably right. That doesn't change the fact that Miyu is a hero, which means she got to attend that once-a-year anniversary gathering that her mother always went to...

Meanwhile, she noted that Illia seems to want to say something in her mind, but the fact that the AI seems to be speechless told Cosmos that she had done a good job in consoling her friend.
    Last edited by palad1n; November 13th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR - Brewed Awakenings (Rothschild Branch)
    Wednesday - Evening

"All I have to do is ask huh? Ok. I'll remember that~"

---It is certainly a bit of a contrast from her usual behavior, the professional, matter-of-fact tone she typically takes with the residents of the ship... It's such a change that some could be forgiven for thinking that she is simply putting on airs for the sake of seeing how you react, and indeed, there is certainly a part of the sweater-clad pilot that is searching for a response past your usual calm, relentlessly chasing after the 'cracks' in the armor that she now knew existed, but at the same time...

This sort of behavior also comes naturally to her too, a surprisingly playful spirit hiding behind her usual professional persona...

---Perhaps that's why she enjoys this cafe so much?

As a place to let this side of herself more loose?

It's difficult even for you to tell, and regardless...

"It's a really simple request, although it might sound a bit strange," still smiling at you -hand putting down her coffee mug for once- the woman brushes her hair from her eyes, "Especially after what I just told you, but... I was always a little bit curious..."

Building up this request quite a bit, she...

"Next time you go back home to visit, do you mind taking me along with you? I kinda wanna see how everyone is doing, see if they're alright, as silly as that sounds... And maybe show off a bit... Just a bit... Not enough to get anyone in trouble...Hah..."

...Makes a strange request indeed, one that is both heartwarming, and...

Sort of petty...

...Show off huh?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Serena's Office - Avalon
    ??? - ???

"Candidates drawn to the same location...?"

---Not being the type that is used to giving this sort of speech, there is a certain discreet agony in the period of time before Selena finally spoke these words to set you free; indeed, not a single member of this limited audience had interrupted you in any way during your explanation, willing to hear you out up until the very end, but now...

Now...

"Well, that's a pretty interesting theory... I'm curious on the source, considering there's something that fits that description coming up... Of course, it was also supposed to be somewhat classified until we figured out exactly who was going..."

It seems the 'boss' has some things to share with the class, of course, Serena being Serena it was likely she was going to cut straight to the point without embellishing things very much, and indeed-!

"There was a request from the NWAB for us to send a certain number of Tamers out of country for a cross-faction assignment," arms still crossed, and eyes still closed, the woman explains things with her authoritarian air entirely intact, "Destination is the North Pole. Considering it's out of everyone's jurisdictions, it was decided that it would be a good publicity move for all the Tamer Organizations, a way to show the world that we really are all working towards the same goal... A celebration of global unity and world peace, in a sense. We've been looking for an excuse to do it for awhile... A good opportunity to show some of the squires the world outside of all of this too."

Waving her hand at the world outside, her eyes open as she continues:

"Of course, the drone that was observing Squire Cross and you was discovered to have logs dealing with previous transmissions in that general area... As did the laptop, as I'm sure you know, so we had our own reasons to accept the request. A little side quest of our own if I will, still... I wasn't sure who I was going to send, but considering all of this... I think I'll be shipping you out along with Eliza as two of our Knight Chaperones, Mr. Stone."

A pause, then:

"It sounds like playing right into their hands yes, but being aware of being observed can make all the difference in the world... Of course, it's not like we can cancel anyway, this... Assignment, will mean quite a lot for us in the long term."

Refusing to comply for the sake of something that lacked "hard evidence" would look bad, especially if even the Rothschild were complying with all of this, still...

"...I also find it somewhat difficult to believe any organization would voluntarily antagonize this sort of gathering, but I suppose keeping your eyes open wouldn't hurt. I'll let the other factions know as well... Although, they'll probably take it with a grain of salt."

...Yep.

That is Serena alright, already throwing out a general 'outline' of what she thinks can reasonably be done, and...

"...A doll, huh?"

Sara meanwhile...

Seems somewhat intrigued -if also sorta disturbed- by the very lifelike 'doll' in the center of the room...

"...Was copying your look really necessary too if all they wanted was your song-craft...?"

And makes an observation all her own...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris / Daisuke
    Aoyama Gakuen ~ S.O.S Club
    ??? - Afternoon

"Hmmmm-"

Having been presented with a surprising 'option' to take, one that might just force her user to look at the problem from her point of view, the 'image' of Saya's avatar freezes for a moment in the digital sea, mouth hanging open as if stunned, or perhaps, as if she was simply completely and utterly shocked that such an idea hadn't occurred to her before this, but...

"-mmmm..."

Eventually, she...

"Do you think that would work?"

Asks one question, followed by...

"...Do you think you could put it in the box for me? It's an old-fashioned one... Paper and pencil based... I don't have hands... Using magic to do it myself would probably be a bit... Dangerous."

Another, slightly sadder one, meanwhile...

---

---It's exactly like a Plume of Dusk.

A crystalline substance that had been named after their aesthetic resemblance to feathers, and the closest thing a COMP A.I had to a true body, being a manifestation of both their physical form and 'soul,' a spiritual core that thrummed with power, and took on a vivid blue hue after being touched by a human being, a sign that the piece had gained it's own consciousness from the contact... Structurally speaking, this crystal was identical to a minuscule plume, a tiny shard off of a much bigger piece, but the key difference lied in it's aesthetic, mainly...

Rather than blue it was gradient, a storm of hundreds of colors all existing in a microscopic kaleidoscope, as if something had caused it to mutate in a way beyond the norm, and...

While it's giving off spiritual power -and thus has to be alive in a sense- it's behavior upon being presented with outside sources of spiritual power is... Concerning, namely...

It seems to want to fuse with whatever the source is...

Normal Plumes do not do that, while it's true that they do feed off the user to a degree, and the power they could grant the user would -theoretically- be much greater if the user's body became their 'vessel,' the chances of the human body being able to bear that sort of fusion for any significant period of time are so low that it's never really been considered a possibility... This is why COMPs are typically items separate from the user, close enough for the spiritual link to 'resonate' properly, but also far enough apart that they weren't dangerous to use, even then...

It still takes some training to use a COMP properly, when you start out, the strain is pretty agonizing, still...

This particular -seemingly corrupted- plume was...

Showing signs that it was like a parasite, really... The more you looked at it...

The less you wanted to touch it... Still... Plumes are also pretty helpless without being attached to something else, and...

As far as the conversation about Sakurako goes....

"...Actually, I think I might be prying a bit too much."

Having listened to your answer with a sympathetic ear, that senpai...

"Every time we talk, it sort of feels like I wind up interrogating you."

...Just smiles to himself, even as he suppresses a shudder at the crystal on the table.

"I'm always asking questions... Probably feels a bit unfair," shaking his head just a bit, he chuckles, "Would you like to ask me anything? I don't want any of this to feel too one-sided, you know?"

...A potentially rare opportunity indeed.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS - Interior (??? Fountain)
    ??? - Afternoon

"Eh? I dunno, you're pretty cool yourself! This whole Tamer system is pretty neat! It's like anyone can be a hero if they just put the work in-!"

---Ultimately, it seems your words have the desired effect. Of course, your newfound friend seems to naturally reject your vague attempts at self-deprecation, seemingly finding value in the fact that you had decided to 'stand up' for the world's sake to begin with, even if that 'determination' has yet to find a worthy opponent, the sheer fact that you were willing to pursue the "Tamer Dream" in the first place was more than enough to make you 'cool' in her eyes-!

Or at least that's the vibe you get-!

"Although I suppose I am still pretty cool myself... You ever spar Cosmos? You wanna spar sometime? Maybe we could teach each other some things!"

Still, the praise seems to have restarted her engines nonetheless, an occurrence that Kagura seems to just watch over with a smile, and thus...

With that question in the air, the trio pass through the usual halls into a somewhat more interesting area... Rather than the dozens of shops on each and every corner of various corridors, the room you find yourself walking into now is a bit more blatantly strange, or perhaps the word is unique? It seems to be an aesthetic area, designed purely for people to find some sense of artistic enjoyment from just looking at it...

In essence, it appears to be a gigantic fountain, one made from more natural looking stones than the usual sleek tiles that made up these sorts of things; it was also massive, being so big in comparison to the room that you could be forgiven for thinking it was yet another pool at a glance, making it a necessity to travel around the outer perimeter of the circular room in order to reach the door on the other side of it. Of course, unlike the water park from earlier, the lack of sound -and lack of people inside the fountain- make it clear that it's simply that, a fountain, not something designed for people to just jump into, and completing the fountain look...

Are a series of five water geysers amidst the center of the area.

All in all, it's just a gigantic fountain, but...

"Ah, we wound up here huh? I was just here a bit ago, so I don't think the exit is this way."

Making a comment on the room as the group takes a few steps into it, Kagura's response to observing it is to automatically turn around and walk in the other direction, as if she intended to just shut down this particular path right away, but...

For some reason... This fountain is interesting...

It's a bizarre feeling, one you can't quite explain yourself but...

Shimmering like stars on the surface of a rippling sea...

You sort of want to... Look into it for some reason, but at the same time...

It gives you a strange feeling.

Not eerie mind you, just... Strange...

As for Miyu...

"A fountain huh? Sorta familiar... Did the mall back home have one this big...?"

She seems strangely drawn to it as well, taking a few steps closer to the edge of the fountain without really thinking about it...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    ??? - Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kagura
    "Ah, we wound up here huh? I was just here a bit ago, so I don't think the exit is this way."
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyu
    "A fountain huh? Sorta familiar... Did the mall back home have one this big...?"
    Cosmos froze as her companions split off on what to do.

On one hand, it is her duty as a tamer to help Kagura look for an exit, and the fact that she was here before means that this is probably not the way. On the other hand, there is something enticing about the huge fountain, as if seeing it started to stir something long forgotten within herself.

It was a dilemma, a fork in the road...

And when she became unsure of what to do, Cosmos always turns to the one person who could help her decide.

'What do you think, Illia? What should I do?'

'...This is something you should choose for yourself, Cosmos.'

'Huh?' Cosmos blinked, confusion apparent in her face. 'But... But I don't know. That is why I asked in the first place.'

'Oh, that's not true Cosmos. You very well know what you want to do.'

'T-this isn't the time for this Illia!' Cosmos berated, looking back and forth at Miyu and Kagura as she realized the two are getting further and further away. She has to make a decision soon, and she doesn't know what to do! In the first place, this is the first time Illia refused to help her make a decision like this, so why the sudden change?! 'If you're still mad at me for stopping your jab at mother, then-'

'You should make your decision soon.' Was the AI's only reply, her tone calm in contrast to Cosmos' growing panic.

Time seems to slow down as she realized that she won't be getting any help from Illia and that she should decide for herself - which is more difficult than one might think. She knew she wanted to go with Miyu and inspect the fountain, but her duty as a tamer-!

Cornered, Cosmos finally made her decision. Just before Kagura went out of her view, she shouted. "Miss Kagura, please wait! Allow us to inspect this fountain just for a minute please!"

Shame and regret came to her instantly; people would have heard her, and surely gave her strange looks. If only she decided sooner, or if only Illia had helped, then this wouldn't have happened-! In the first place, Illia had been acting somewhat weird since the dream incident, and she doesn't know why! Her only solace is that she could use her hat to shield herself from the view of others to a certain extent, so she lowered it to her eyes and started walking towards the fountain.

Best to just get this over with, she thought while praying to God to soothe her uneasiness.
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    ??? - Afternoon

---It's a bit of an awkward call-out, but once you make your decision you stick with it.

It's almost like allowing yourself to fall into a sort of trance, a hypnotic walk towards the fountain that is fueled purely by impulse rather than by any conscious thought, a twinge of forgotten memories and feelings that draws you into doing something 'strange' without really thinking about it, yes...

It's a rather odd desire, but you indulge it all the same.

---Getting closer, the lights in the fountain truly do resemble stars bouncing off the surface of the lake... Of course this is a bit strange, considering the light hanging above is that of a circular skylight, the golden light of the afternoon sun coming in just enough to give the room that 'golden hour' glow to it, a perfect time to take a picture, if you had happened to have any interest in that sort of thing, but...

No.

In this moment, all you wish to do is look, and look you do...

Down...

Down...

Down...

Yes.

Just like hypnosis, the glimmering lights seem to dance in such a way that your eyes follow them rhythmically, and the bouncing, constantly shifting change in your perspective seems to draw your 'thoughts' down into it, yes...

Just like hypnosis...

Down...

Down...

Down...

Deeper still, and...

---

---The 'fist' crashed against the void of 'space,' the sound and results of it's approach akin to a meteor impact, a swirling storm of spiritual power that would have easily been enough to wipe a city off the face of the earth, if this had happened to be the earth.

But here, it's just a swirling storm of heat and light, a human-like rebuttal from a certain 'entity' that must be defeated at all costs.

This is just a memory, or perhaps it's a dream?

Had you fallen asleep again? It is difficult for you to say, regardless...

Your will means nothing here, or rather, your actions have already been predetermined, in that regard...

Yes, it is certainly a 'memory.'

The thing opposing you is a massive, radiating light, but with eight wings of varying gradient color... From the wings alone you might have called it some form of angel, some sort of divine being, but your inability to see it's body keeps you from classifying it as anything other than a malevolent 'light.' It is difficult for you to remember, even if looking into a certain fountain was enough to 'jog' your memory a bit, as if you had come to -and used- it before, used it to get to this particular place -or perhaps this particular moment- it is hard to remember the context behind these actions.

But this entity is an 'enemy' in this moment, and around you are...

Seven humans, and one crimson-haired goddess.

Friends?

Someone resembling Miyu exists amongst them, but you can only see them for an instant before everyone is swallowed up by those swirling lights and seemingly infinite energy. It is not the first of these attacks that you have taken, this 'thing' has been battering your group for awhile now, pummeling the party with fists the size and strength of meteor impacts, ceaselessly attacking even as if shrugs off everything that is done to it.

---This time however, a certain person -the group's' leader, the master to your 'disciple'- falls to one knee, as if the damage he had taken from absorbing the brunt of the hits for everyone else was finally getting to him.

It's a shocking moment, a realization that the 'invincible messiah' is far from being such in reality, but also that...

Things have gotten more dangerous.

For the sake of _______ you cannot afford to lose this battle, and the only one of you that can defeat that 'thing' is 'that man.'

It knows this too.

Raising it's hand, that familiar scream of infinite spiritual force erupts around it's fist, and-

"Lord Zer-"

-as one, as if the need to defend their master had arisen in everyone's minds simultaneously, those that had been blown back all rise to their feet through sheer force of will, throwing themselves towards a death blow, unable to stop it with their bodies, but hoping to push it back with their souls, catch it for as long as their very 'selves' can hold out, and-

---

"Hey, don't jump in the fountain you guys..."

-before the
    memory
    daydream
    can continue, Kagura snaps you out of your trance with light pull on your clothing... Of course, her words don't make sense at first, considering it just feels like you've snapped out of a particularly vivid delusion, but...

Closer inspection reveals...

That both you and Miyu had climbed up on the rocks leading towards the fountain for some reason, vague scratches on your hand implying that you had done so desperately, as if aching to run towards your 'master' even out here in the actual world, and...

Having managed to get one foot out on the water even, you notice something else strange, namely...

...That you can't actually put your foot down through it. The water certainly ripples upon being touched but...

It's surface...

Seemingly can't be broken...

"Ah sorry, was just trying to get a closer look."

Miyu herself plays off her actions as being simple curiosity -and unable to remember seeing her do them, it's possible she had climbed up entirely of her own will- but...

But...

Last edited by Airen; November 16th, 2019 at 10:04 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris / Daisuke
    ??? - Afternoon

"Absolutely! Don't you worry about a thing, Saya! I'll make sure your feelings reach him!"

Daisuke doesn't hesitate for a moment. This request may as well be a mandate from the heavens; he will see it carried out no matter what.

The tiny COMP gives an empathetic thumbs-up, and with a comical poof of digital smoke, his form shifts into that of a tall young man, still wearing the same bespoke suit. But the dorky grin on his face is still that of an innocent child.

"And don't say something sad like 'I don't have any hands'; you can borrow mine whenever you want! That's what friends are for!"

Meanwhile...

"Interrogate...? Heh... that's wrong, Shuichi."

Mokujima Chris delivers a comparatively quick response.

"To the church... people willingly go, to confess, put down a burden. It's a relief, being able to open up about things you haven't said to anyone before. You're not holy, but, you're someone others rely on, so... I felt like I could say some heavy words without thinking about it. Thanks. And, um, sorry."

Casually, Mokujima Chris says something ridiculous. It seems that, having been put in a place of comfort, and being finally used to talking to Shuichi, her vocabulary has been unlocked-!

"This Plume... no, this Quill, is parasitic... but the 'will' behind it is strange. It caused that corruption in your body, but is that due to its will, or poor compatibility... hm. Maybe, if placed in a 'shell', it might be able to talk. An empty COMP frame would work... or you could graft it onto a full COMP and have them communicate... Too risky, though. Besides, rather than individuals, maybe the consciousness is an extension of something else..."

For a moment, Chris is lost in musing, staring and wondering. A similar crystal had hung from Sakurako's wrist. So she hadn't integrated it within herself, perhaps due to the side effects, but she had still been drawing on its power, or at least communicating with it.

"...oh, right. You said... one-sided?"

Chris looks up and shrugs. She adjusts her glasses and they glint under the artificial light.

"I suppose so. You've only helped me, and I barely managed to pay you back by finding this, so... I definitely still owe you a few favours."

She proudly ignores that their conclusions are opposites and soldiers on.

"I guess... if unreasonable requests are allowed: 'Why are you a Tamer'? That request box... helping me with this... being everyone's 'Sempai'. I couldn't manage even one of those. But you... seem to look for chances to be relied on. Fufu... I'm a bit jealous, you know."

The question is left unfinished. It's one that Shuichi has no doubt been asked a thousand times. Still, to Chris, it's of particular interest; she's always been curious about the shining people who stand in the spotlight of society. Maybe his reasons will be like hers, something about not wanting to be useless to society. Or maybe it'll be something simple. But regardless, she wants to know-!
    Last edited by Bloble; November 16th, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

Cosmos Fairchild
    ??? - Afternoon

While Miyu played her actions as simple curiosity, Cosmos didn't offer any explanation for her action; she was merely standing still, her eyes looking at the fountain's water that shimmer like stars as the memory that she just saw replayed itself through her mind. The sense of desperation still felt fresh and raw, and the slight pain in her hands only serve as a reminder to the abruptly cut-off memory.

Normally, Cosmos would have been satisfied; the usual her would have played it off as simple curiosity like Miyu just did, and indeed were it not for the incident a few days ago that's exactly what Cosmos would have done, content with the glimpse that she had gotten before returning to her duties as a tamer.

But she had seen the enigmatic dream, and now that she had just experienced what's clearly a fragment of her lost memories, Cosmos is burning with curiosity, wanting to find more about her past. It's funny how a single incident made her so driven and curious, despite being content with not knowing anything about her past for the last ten years.

Still, her attention is fully focused on the gigantic fountain.

Despite her numerous visits to LOVELESS this is the first time she had seen the fountain, and with the mall's ever-changing nature, who can say if she could ever find the fountain again? This might be her only chance to learn more about her past, and is this not a sign from God? Surely God must have guided her to this place through her friendship with Miyu and encounter with Kagura.

That's why for the first time in her life Cosmos decided to follow her heart in public, turning her attention to Kagura with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, but I have found what I'm looking for. Please forgive my selfishness just this once, Miss kagura." She then turned to Miyu, giving the purple-haired girl a knowing look before returning her attention to the fountain, the memory of the surface of the water that can't be broken fresh in her mind.

'Illia, please record and capture this fountain for further research.' She requested, and Illia complied without a word - yet another peculiarity of her COMP that Cosmos simply doesn't notice in the moment. Taking a deep breath and counting from one to three, Cosmos leaped into the fountain, never taking her eyes off from the surface of the water.

Hoping that perhaps she could dive into her memories more clearly by standing on top of the stars.
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama - Woods
    ??? - Morning

Always move forward.

Just as it is in the nature of Blaise Pendragon to charge through almost every obstacle in his way, it is only natural for him to move forward even when evading, to turn an evasive maneuver into a dash towards his opponent, refusing to give ground for even a single instant.

---It's headstrong, but a path that fits the boy well, and in response to that-

"Hah... Yes~! That's that fire-!"

-the false woman spins to face him head on, seemingly abandoning the idea of running away the moment he had caught up to her.

For that is in her nature as well... It is not like she is a fighter, from the start this particular entity had been a reflection of something much darker, a killer, something whose jovial eyes could be read as distinctly unnerving by anyone with a functioning sixth sense that came into contact with them... It's a repulsive feeling, the natural inclination of human souls to 'tread carefully' when around something truly dangerous, instinct warning them that that have come across something akin to a 'monster in human form,' a seductive predator that feeds on others for fun rather than out of any sense of necessity, and thus...

---Be careful.

Careful.

That's the conclusion your -relatively weak- sixth sense come to, to take nothing for granted and fight with all of your power, thus, you close in at a speed that couldn't be read by the average eye and-!

An intense cracking sound erupts amidst the rain, a sound that could be forgiven as simply that of thunder, the result of a bolt of lightning descending unaware nearby, but...

It is no such thing.

Fist meeting fist, the cracking sound is not that of lightning shredding the sound barrier, but rather...

The sound of the false girl's bones shattering from a destructive impact.

---That's right.

In response to your fist, thrown with all of your speed and power, that woman had thrown out a fist of her own to meet you head on, as if so confident in her physical strength that she could simply blow you away through the trees instead of being blown away herself, as if she was some sort of invincible unmovable wall, but in reality...

There were few who could stop you through physical force, admittedly, this woman had felt like she might be one of them, but...

---The sight of an arm erupting into a mess of blood -blood that you block from reaching your eyes with a reflexive move of your arm, coating your sleeve in the substance- is seemingly enough evidence that this was not the case...

Indeed, it was almost like her arm had exploded from the impact... Of course, having met her head on, you could say that her strength was certainly formidable, it was definitely supernatural, the sort of punch that would send even a demon reeling, but...

Not only was she weaker than you... You were pretty sure...

The 'real' Tsukiko would have hit a lot harder than that-!

Still, while the force of your blow had sent both you and the woman hurtling through the woods, trees and branches cracking and splintering in your wake, you fall a bit behind the raven-haired girl as she spins and laughs from the pain, blood splattering every which way as if this scene was becoming something straight out of a horror manga, but...

But...

Even as she lands with an explosion on the ground, rocks and dirt flying everywhere from the impact, a part of your brain can't help but think that this was going a bit too easy... Of course, your sixth sense being what it is, it's a bit harder for you to 'tell' exactly what aspect of the scenario felt wrong, but if you had to label it, well...

---For one thing, that punch shouldn't have been enough to blow off her arm, and yet here she is now without it, rising like a blood-stained monster from the darkness of the woods, teeth -sharp, like fangs- glistening white in a flash of lightning as she starts towards you again, never once screaming in pain or the like, just giggling lightly to herself even as crimson fluid leaks from her destroyed arm onto the ground, and...

"At my own risk? Are you saying if I compare the two of you more, you'll hit me even harder? That could be fun~"

...That is her response.

It's creepy, not just in a masochistic sense, it's like...

She doesn't respond to anything in a 'normal' way, her method of fighting, her reactions to things, all of it was twisted at it's base and-

"But first, you look a bit too tough for my tastes~ Come on, let's see what your pained face looks like-!"

-she keeps taunting you, walking forward in spite of her grievous injuries.

---The feeling of danger intensifies, but...

You can't really...

Place why...
    Last edited by Airen; November 16th, 2019 at 08:07 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Junes ~ Food Court
    ??? - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Ayra”
    “When did you get yours? Did something happen?"
    While it's the obvious question, it actually takes your partner a bit to answer it, a brief flicker of hesitance without a known cause... Of course, Tsukiko wasn't the type to do anything illegal or bizarre, so the idea that she doesn't want to tell you because it would make her 'look bad' is one you think of and dismiss in the same instant, before-

"...When I heard you collapsed, I volunteered to do a bit more digging around in the ruined Akarana Estate."

-revealing an answer that is somewhat surprising, at least, if looked at in a certain way.

...Even more so because her face was slightly flushed when she said it, as if she had admitted to something she would have rather not...

"The initial scans by the CSIs showed that most of his computer data was wiped... An auto-delete you know? Deleting your hard drive because you don't want your family to know your history, that sort of thing... Except instead of shameful interests, it was more 'all of his illegal research and data,' so a bit more serious... Figured we might have just overlooked something, so I went back to check to see if I could find anything on those weird rocks and well... Wound up fighting some sort of golem made of the stuff down in the basement?"

Talking a bit more casually than she did when you met each other on scene, the girl sighs to herself as she raises her marked hand.

"Had this after I beat it up... Didn't know you had gotten one, but I guess those are the pains of quarantine... Wasn't told much about your condition other than you were 'okay.'"

Another sigh, then:

"They think it's some auto-immune response to whatever the heck this crystal stuff is... But I just think it's sort of gaudy, even for me..."

...She was being remarkably friendly today.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris / Daisuke
    ??? - Afternoon

"...Of course. How could I have forgotten that?"

Ultimately, Sara responds with but a half-smile, although the laugh that crosses her avatar's lips is genuine...

"I'll leave it in your hands then."

Meanwhile...

"Why am I a Tamer, huh?"

---In many ways it's the obvious question, one so obvious that it's almost shocking that no one seems to know the answer to it.

Of course everyone in school knows Shuichi, he goes out of his way to be as reliable as possible when it comes to other people, but at the same time, that exact insistence on doing things for others makes him difficult to really understand... Because he's always doing things for the sake of 'other people,' rather than 'himself,' his own likes and dislikes are relative unknowns, as he seems to operate under a different sort of banner entirely, thus...

"...Well, I guess there are a few reasons."

Taking advantage of his offer to answer something, to be honest about himself for once, the dark-haired university student seems to have to actually consider the question for a time, before:

"My dad being who he is, it was inevitable in a sense. The son of a hero always becomes one himself, it's a classic story, and I didn't see much of a reason to completely defy it... It's like inheriting the family business. Of course, I intend to do so as myself..."

Shuichi's father... Namasaki Kenji.

Leader of the SDCD, and one of the "Big Three" COMP Creators, a spirit smith almost without equal...

"But that's a bit of a weaker reason... I guess if I had to really put a finger on my main drive... It would be that people like myself... Are most easily accepted when we're in this sort of role."

But this answer...

Is a bit more interesting...

"It's not quite as strange for a hero to be 'perfect,' I suppose... No one likes the kid who always wins, who always gets perfect grades, who never loses... Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but... I like being treated as a 'senpai' better than some bizarre idol, if I'm directly helpful, people don't distance themselves from me quite as much... It's a sort of egotistical problem to have of course, so don't think too much of it... Really, I just dislike watching people suffer, it's always better to help right?"

Even though he had just called himself 'perfect' in a sense, it doesn't sound like he's bragging about it at all, rather...

It's almost... Self-deprecating...?

He shakes his head.

"Regardless... Let's see what this particular plume fragment has to say..."

So saying, the boy produces a small, portable computer from his pocket. Rather than a COMP -which bore circuits suitable for magic- it seemed that this device was a simple portable computer, something that wouldn't be particularly hazardous if the 'will' inside of the Plume proved itself to be malevolent in some way after being placed inside, and after doing so carefully, redrawing the attention of your A.Is in case the Tamer duo need their assistance in a moment, it...

Starts flashing symbols across the computer screen immediately, first in a bizarre code that doesn't make sense, and then-

Plume Ramblings

Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey. Obey.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Peace.Peac e.Peace.Peace.Peace.Obey.Obey.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey. Obey.Obey.Obey.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey. Obey.Hail Adam.Peace.Peace.Peace.Peace.Peace.Hail Kadmon.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obe y.Obey.Obey.Peace.Peace.Peace.Peace.Peace.Obey.Obe y.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey.Listen..Obey.Obey.Obey. Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Listen.Listen.Listen.Peace.Pea ce.Peace.Peace.Peace.Listen.Listen.Collective.Myse lfandYou.Come.Obey.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey.Obey.H ail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.O bey.Hail.Hail.Hail.
    Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey. Obey.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Peace.Peac e.Peace.Peace.Peace.Obey.Obey.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey. Obey.Obey.Obey.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey. Obey.Hail Adam.Peace.Peace.Peace.Peace.Peace.Hail Kadmon.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obe y.Obey.Obey.Peace.Peace.Peace.Peace.Peace.Obey.Obe y.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey.Listen..Obey.Obey.Obey. Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Listen.Listen.Listen.Peace.Pea ce.Peace.Peace.Peace.Listen.Listen.Collective.Myse lfandYou.Come.Obey.Hail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey.Obey.H ail.Hail.Hail.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.Obey.O bey.Hail.Hail.Hail.

-text quickly flashing to fill up the screen, as if it was hammering on invisible keys as fast as possible, it proves...

That this isn't a real consciousness, no...

This is some sort of insane fragment, repeating the same things over and over and over and over again...

"...I see. Some sort of cognitive hazard then? I can't imagine having this sort of voice ranting at you would be good for your psyche..."
    Last edited by Airen; November 17th, 2019 at 05:48 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Junes ~ Food Court
    ??? - Morning

The answer she tells me isn’t one I expect. That fact she volunteered for extra work because of my situation… It’s so confusing. After all, aren’t we…

Well, I suppose it doesn’t matter. It’s heartwarming that she’ll still go out of her way for me, so maybe things aren’t as bad as I thought. We can still be friends or something along those lines… Instead of whatever this is.

Regardless… her flushed expression really is cute! This is normally prime real estate to take pictures, but I suppose I can’t do that now. An actual tragedy, honestly, not being able to preserve this forever…

Aster: *sigh*

I’m sorry!

Aster: God, why did you give me such a hopeless owner? Is this a test of my perseverance?

Aster… helpfully reminds me we’re on business. I should focus. And respond. My brain’s been slacking on that part of the conversation.

“If it was just contact with the crystals,” I say, the natural business tone that comes from thinking about work setting in, “we’d have them since our fight with Akarana, wouldn’t we? Maybe it takes a while to settle in, since we definitely grabbed samples…”

It’s possible it was a delayed reaction, but it seems the trigger was contact with the crystals once more—her with the golem, I with Akarana. What a perplexing issue…

“Well, it manifested on our second contact with the crystals, so maybe it’s a matter of exposure? Akarana doesn’t appear to have this, though, so maybe that’s already an incorrect theory,” I ramble. If the techs don’t know, it’s unlikely for Tsukiko and I to come up with the truth over coffee and tea.

As for her sole complaint…

“Yeah, they’re pretty gaudy,” I say with a sigh. Never been much of a tattoo person… “I thought about using concealer, but it’s bound to come off considering our jobs, right? And if we start wearing gloves, people are going to notice and make a big deal out of it…”

People tend to blow up even the smallest of details… so I suppose the best tactic here is sheer honesty? But for me… I’m not particularly satisfied by that solution, not at all.

“It’s really annoying, isn’t it?”

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Tokyo
    ??? ~ Night

“So then this night-time snooping is like…” Hyakka tilted her head, “special training?”

Like a pendulum, her head swayed back and forth, tilting to each side. It was obvious in a vibrant, almost comical way that behind that movement was a racing debate in her mind. Breaking the rules, or stepping up to a challenge by her betters. Challenge order for the sake of becoming strong to defend order…

She smiled wide.

“That’s so cool! Training like this, it’s just like a. A… A shounen manga! If we’re caught, we’ll be strung up from our feet and hung from a tree!” Casually, excitedly, she declared the exact punishment befitting the rule-‘bending’ escapades she was about to embark on. “But it’s okay. We won’t get caught. Even if the Headmaster himself comes to hunt us down…!”

Her fists shot up.

“I will protect you, senpai!”

She exhaled at her coming triumph. Absolute confidence that she would avoid any repercussions for her well-intended misdeeds, even as she hyped up the punishment that she felt they would deserve.

“Mysterious activities in the English classroom… A piano in the Drama Club playing itself… Laughter befitting a villain in the cafeteria…” the girl shuddered at that last one, “and a ghost girl in the garden… on foggy nights…”

The tiny girl glanced about at the cloud-like fog coating the earth, blanketing the air, obfuscating her sight.

“We cannot let an opportunity like tonight pass us by, senpai! The conditions are perfect. We should go-“

“To the garden.”

“I wanted to say it…”

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    ??? - Afternoon

"...Huh?"

Your request is met with a confused look from Kagura, but nothing was going to stop you from leaping out into the center of the fountain... In many ways it was an action suitable for a child, the sort of thing you would maybe see a kid do in the center of the mall, but thankfully enough there doesn't seem to be anyone in this particular room other than Kagura and Miyu, thus...

Only they see your faith-filled leap into the fountain, eyes staring down through the rippling surface hungrily, as if you thought you could summon up more of your 'lost' past simply by gazing into this particularly bizarre pool of water, but...

*thud.*

Gently.

Almost anticlimactically...

Nothing happens upon impact with the surface of the artificial lake, or rather, other than the ripple of water moving from the actual impact itself... Nothing happens to you.

No memories jump to the forefront of your mind, and you do not sink beneath the waters of this very bizarre lake, you just...

Stand atop it's -surprisingly slippery- surface, a lone ship on a calm sea that is joined by Miyu a moment later, but...

Still nothing, and with that nothing...

"...Guessing that didn't go quite as planned?"

Shaking her head side to side as if sighing, but also smiling at you sympathetically, Kagura finally approaches the edge of the fountain herself, reaching her hands out to the both of you as if to help both you and Miyu off of it.

And on those outstretched helping hands, specifically her right...

Is a bizarre mark in the shape of a crescent moon, not a birthmark, but some sort of dimly glowing tattoo...

"Come on, the whole walking on water thing is impressive, but it's probably violating some rules of the establishment too. Kinda like walking on the grass?"

A joking call to leave the fountain's surface, although -for just an instant- her eyes...

Seemed strangely transfixed on your and Miyu's hands, rather than your faces...
    Last edited by Airen; November 17th, 2019 at 08:19 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    "It's a really simple request, although it might sound a bit strange. Especially after what I just told you, but... I was always a little bit curious..."

"Next time you go back home to visit, do you mind taking me along with you? I kinda wanna see how everyone is doing, see if they're alright, as silly as that sounds... And maybe show off a bit... Just a bit... Not enough to get anyone in trouble...Hah..."
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR - Brewed Awakenings (Rothschild Branch)
    Wednesday - Evening

Despite having had numerous interactions with Anna already over comms or while snooping around in the Command Deck, witnessing the contrast in her usual professional attitude and the impish nature that's on full display here is amusing to Ludwig. While both of them are generally the stoic and collected type, Anna has shown her more mischievous side before if only in small hints.

Seeing it in full force here, as the coffee addicted pilot make a request that is both sweet and a little childish, makes Ludwig unconsciously smile a little.

It's like discovering the kind of hidden side of someone that only friends are privy to. Maybe it's okay to think of her like that, a friend. Perhaps it's because they are of a similar nature that he finds himself entertained by this development.

There's no reason to reject her request and since he had already agreed to accept whatever request that was going to be made anyway, he simply closes his eyes and nods contently -that soft smile still glued to his face.

Still, he remains collected and calm, like trying to pretend being unfazed after the twists and turns this simple conversation has gone through.

"Of course you can accompany me. I think your old coworkers will enjoy seeing you, although I can't guarantee a warm welcome. If that's not an issue for you, I'll be glad to have you along."

Tsk-tsk-tsk, bringing a girl home to show off, at least take her out to dinner first.

The older sister-like's teasing continues, only this time...

"Seems I can't take my eyes off you, you little rascal."

...she's come out to openly join the enemy in their efforts.

Whilst generally supportive and caring of Ludwig, Lydia's been known to pop out from time to time. She's more social and friendly than he seems from first glance, so she naturally gets along with others easier. And while she's been having a blast teasing Ludwig internally as Anna pokes at his outward defenses, her physical manifestation suggests that she's out for something else. As if this time she's seemingly decided that she wants to see an embarrassed Ludwig with her own eyes, and that the best way for to get that result is an alliance.

"Well you better be gentle with little Lud, he's not good around cute, sweater-clad girls you know~."

Going as far as to leave his side, she makes sure she hides her face from the now confused Ludwig. The bright smile she's showing reveals her true motive to Anna, who can clearly see that smile is filled with 100% teasing intent.

She closes in on Anna, starting to whisper in her ear, the contends of which Ludwig can only imagine to be embarrassing secrets for later use.

His expressions going from the light confusion to sudden realization only to halfway in turn to full blown reddened cheeks.

The visual change is met by two smiling girls.

"Isn't he just the cutest when he starts blushing like that?"

And her ploy has worked.

An alliance of these two girls is not only frightening for poor Ludwig, it seems it's also not good for his heart.

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Tokyo
    ??? ~ Night

"The garden? Excellent choice!"

While you are still reeling from having your thunder stolen out from under you by your COMP, a certain senpai seems to ignore that particular development entirely as she goes for her own, speaking into it's collapsed form -a wrist watch- as she turns her eyes towards the fortress she is prepared to storm-!

"Occult Club, Mission Log #367. With the arrival of Hyakka Onjouji, a new comrade in finding the secrets hidden within the halls of Aoyama Gakuen has been found... Today's assignment, investigation of the ghost in the gardens... May fortune be on our side."

---It's certainly an explosion of passion from the older girl-! Although getting this far into it, speaking into her COMP like it was a recorder -was it recording?- before motioning for you to come closer to her so she could throw you over the gate...

In some ways it's certainly over the top, much more obvious than her assassin-like approach from earlier, but-!

It's fine!

You have no intentions of getting caught-!

That's the cheerful student spirit that carries you far into deserted hallways; in comparison to the more active daylight hours, where students and teachers roamed the halls freely in massive groups, the half-lit hallways of the nighttime school are those filled with but a few people... Mostly Janitors according to Nanaya, although some licensed SDCD Tamers coming to the school to use it's facilities wasn't entirely unheard of either, and the headmaster...

The headmaster apparently stalked the halls to guard the school, and consequently, to also avert this exact scenario...

"It's fine though, you'll feel it when he's around and hasn't seen you yet... It's like a cold chill... His spiritual power is really something... Can feel it from hallways away... Unless he knows where you are already!"

In a sense it's an unofficial game.

Explore all you like, but if he catches you, well...

"At that point his presence disappears entirely! It's a trick I want him to teach me, but he keeps saying no-!"

Isn't something like that...

Kind of like a serial killer's ability to disappear in horror movies?!

Still, as horrifying as Nanaya senpai makes a prospective encounter with the Headmaster sound, you emerge into the foggy night of the inner gardens without incident... Just like the front of school, the fog that has fallen here in the gardens, a place of scattered trees and hedge mazes -made by the students while practicing nature magic of course- is enough to obfuscate almost all of the usual attractive scenery from view, instead...

Everything is a thick grey cloud...

"We arrive at the garden without incident... Now, to locate our proposed specter..."

Going back to narrating the scene into her recorder (for some reason), both you and Nanaya step out into the grey darkness together, determined to hunt down what must certainly be an elusive spirit if all of the Tamers here haven't gotten rid of it yet themselves, and yet...

Bluntly.

As if in complete opposition to the subtle, creepy atmosphere that it exists within...

"Huh...? More students?"

A voice starts speaking at the both of you almost immediately, as if it had simply waited for the door behind your back to shut before speaking up at your presence...

It's... Definitely a girl's voice...

One that doesn't seem to be taking anything too seriously -even though it has an echoy quality to it- and in response to that...

"Oh, that was quick."

...Nanaya-senpai too, has a somewhat subdued response to the circumstances, simply placing her body between you and the shadow-like figure in the fog, eyes tracing it's movements with complete and absolute focus before...

"Aw man... They look pretty weak too... That's no fun."

...The shadow in the fog calls the both of you weak.

...What?

You had seen it for all of eight seconds and it...

Was already...

Insulting you...?
    Last edited by Airen; November 17th, 2019 at 08:47 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Serena's Office - Avalon

...Heh. I might owe your new skirt an apology. Kid’s got a head on her soldiers.

You think she is onto something?

Hold onto your bits flatfoot, don’t miss the dollar for the dames. Again. The kid’s logic is sound as far as she knows, but some of your spell work works better the more well known you are. Someone copying your formula would either need to replicate that to or find a new way to power the song.

Oh! I get it, you are saying that Sara’s logic is sound, but she is wrong because she doesn’t know that making the doll look like me gives it the chance to draw on my notoriety to power my magic.

Nope, wrong again gumsho
    e!

...Raz found himself wondering if this was the DTG's revenge for teasing him about going easy on the Burroughs. Then he realized there was no reason to wonder about this at all. Of course it was!

...Fine, oh great and omnipotent detective. I’m waiting with baited breath. Enlighten me already, show me what you deduced from Sara’s idea?!

Its simple. She is a squire, her pay grade isn’t really high enough, nor her interest in you considerable enough for her to understand the deepest into workings of your magic. So her starting foundation is indeed wrong. However...there is nothing wrong with her conclusion! You see the power of your song is not based in melody or lyric, and really it’s not based on me either. Your a knight. Your magic works because people believe it should. That’s why avalon looks the other way at one of your idiotic concerts. The stronger the belief, the stronger the songcraft.

...And? Isn’t that what I said? The doll was crafted to resemble me so that they could use that belief?

the old A.I. Sighed theatrically in the silence between their connection.

You will never make detective at this rate kid. Think about it. Imitating your body and looks only works as long as people are willing to accept the fake as you. How the hell are they gonna pull that off? Use magic and hope people don’t wonder why there is suddenly two Raz Stones? Or what, maybe they somehow kill you, a knight and a powerful Tamer, in such a fashion that they can miraculously keep it quiet to profit off your magic? Way to much risk, way to much heat for little reward. Nope, what your little apprentice did was use the wrong beginning...to arrive at the correct conclusion. It actually doesn’t make sense for them to recreate your appearance to power replicas of your abilities.

Oh. that made sense. Thinking about it any attempt to replicate his magic by making his fans think someone else was him had waaaaay to many moving parts, there was no way to practically pull such a scheme off. So even if Sara didn't have all the information, her conclusion still held up.

Raz stared across at the room at the witch squire who secretly followed in his footsteps, his lips pursed in thought. It might simply be that the DTG was right and these replicas were created as a testing mechanism. But even ignoring the frustration of admitting thye DTG was right for a moment, it seemed like to much work to have put something like that together for a test. Or at least for just a test. It felt like he was still missing something....

Well, that's exactly why he had called this meeting together.

"Serena, Sara raises a worthwhile point. Guess that brings us over to this delectably handsome devil over here," Raz said, flicking his lookalike's ear idly. "The lab geeks come up with anything on this guy and why he was built like he was?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris / Daisuke
    ??? - Afternoon

"Too perfect, huh? That's... certainly an issue..."

It takes a moment for Chris to process an answer from such an alien point of view. She hadn't really expected a straight reply, so something like this is difficult to comprehend, let alone reply to. In fact, she has to put down the tools for a moment and think, furrowing her brows and dissecting each of Shuichi's words one by one to boil them down to an overarching point. Which, in the end, is exactly what she arrives at.

"So, basically... you settled with playing the wise mentor rather than the aloof superman, but what you really want is to be the scrappy underdog hero fighting alongside his comrades."

It may be an oversimplification. No, it's definitely an oversimplification. But what lies at people's hearts is often much simpler than what is seen in reality. That core is reflected and obscured by the world around them, leading to complicated situations. Besides, the idea of a young boy keeping in his heart a pure, simple dream is oddly fitting for someone like Shuichi. If he's able to put on such an act, then he should also be able to hold onto that dream.

"But, those that can't do anything, and those that can do everything... neither of them fit well into gears of society, huh?" Chris gestures with a screwdriver, drawing two circles in the air, one large and the other small. "Either nobody relies on you and the pressure and frustration are too much to bear, or you don't need to rely on anyone else and your heart goes hollow. It's much easier to specialize..." She swirls the screwdriver around, tracing irregularly-shaped gears with peaks and valleys. "...to mesh, even a little bit, with the give and take of society, even if it means carving out parts of yourself..."

The way Mokujima Chris speaks is not that of someone merely offering sympathy. Rather, even though she and Shuichi are completely different, that difference may be as small as being on opposite sides of a very thin coin. A coin thin enough to fall through the cracks of society and into someplace very dark and lonely. So, in lieu of advice that will consist of meaningless platitudes, it's best to laugh about the unfairness of life with a bad joke or two.

"Well, the idol route isn't too bad. Raz Stone makes it work, but I can't really picture you singing and dancing... Maybe a brooding, edgy loner would've been better. Someone resentful about his situation instead of accepting. If you tried scowling a bit, Shuichi, I'm sure people would think 'oh, he has a gentle heart filled with justice under that tough exterior' and approach you trying to get close. Those kinds of characters are always topping popularity polls, y'know-."

Soft, meaningless chatter is suddenly interrupted.

The Plume speaks.

"..."

Noise. A cold mechanical certainty that banishes the warm atmosphere of before.

Meaningless, repeated text. No, it definitely has meaning, but what it doesn't have is...

"That... isn't a 'who'," Daisuke, who has refocused his gaze on the real world, is the first to speak. "It's a 'what'..."

There is no life to be seen here. No enslaved consciousness, no shackled spirit or fledgling soul about to hatch. Only a mad shard of self-perpetuating thought, closer to a virus than a living thing. There was a reason it had disturbed them both, though they couldn't place exactly why. Chris and Shuichi had certainly felt that insanity even before seeing it.

"But that's... even if there's no consciousness, Chris, that's definitely a Plume...!"

"No," Chris' voice gently interrupts her COMP. "We don't have enough information to make that conclusion. Rather than that, the most likely explanation is... these are artificially created pseudo-Plumes, with no capacity for awakening."

"And if they're not?" A hint of fury enters the boy - no, the young man's voice, as his projection crosses its arms and his eyes narrow enough to bore a hole through the screen of the small computer. "If this crystal is a real Plume, corrupted and turned into this, then-!"

He does not need to finish the sentence. Everyone can obviously understand the implication.

If this crystal is a real Plume of Dusk, then they might as well be looking into the screen of a zombie. A COMP may have died to create it. No, if the crystal was taken from the moon's storage and then converted, it might even been crafted from the body of an unborn child. All those possibilities must be considered, no matter how off-putting. More importantly, though...

"Daisuke, log everything. This seems to be an obedience pattern. It might even dissolve individual will and bring it in line with some kind of collective, promising false peace and harmony. The cult theory is looking more likely. And this name... Adam Kadmon. Request permission to do a search of the archives. We should also report this..."

Chris blinks, catching herself in the middle of taking action, and forces out a sigh to calm herself down.

"Right, sorry." She glances at Shuichi, her arms folded and glasses glinting in the light that seems somewhat dimmer. "What do you think? If there are more of these, and someone capable of producing them, then..."

It may be above the pay grade of just two Tamers...

Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama Gakuen - School Grounds
    ??? - Morning

"..."

It goes without saying that the explanation Irmina-san just gave us is not one I was expecting. A magical passport? The multiverse? I didn't know nor care about those things and the appearance of this mark has been so sudden that it's hard to tell exactly what triggered it. No, in the first place, the oddest thing has to be the nurse's attitude towards it. I know she's definitely not a liar, so the fact that she was able to recognize something like this is something that makes me stand on high alert. 'Not from here', huh? I don't know what I've been caught into, but I cannot dismiss it that easily. I'll have a more serious talk with her once this exercise is over.

---Besides... Namasaki, too? What good is free travel if this guy is going to follow me around?

"Ah, I guess you are right." I say, giving the school a non-challant glance. "If we stay here too long everyone is going to get eliminated and that brings about a whole lot of problems."

Indeed, it's not surprise attacks I am concerned about. Don't get me wrong, there is always the possibility that someone could sneak on us and try to wipe us out with a single area-of-effect attack. But this school being the one and only Aoyama Gakuen, at least 80% of the faculty would do so while exposing their presence with some lame line like 'This is no time to be dropping your guard' or 'Watch out! I am coming at you from above!'.

I am more worried about the one thing this school is supposed to represent the most: Unity.

If the remaining teachers decide to team up on us, we don't have a splinter of a chance, even with Irmina-san by our side. That's why it's good not to give them a reason to do so. Some teachers may be lenient, others may be brutal, but for the most part they all act in accordance with the rules and limitations they've set for themselves.

By that logic, in a scenario where we are the only ones who remain...

"Ok. Let's do this the old fashion way and break in through the front door. Kyoka, watch out for traps."
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers